Pirates: On The Desert Rose.   Posted by DM N1NJ4C0W.Group: archive 3
DM N1NJ4C0W
 GM, 42 posts
 He who controls the spice
 controls the universe
Fri 20 Jan 2006
at 15:31
On the Desert Rose
The morning brings with it a sea mist that obscures your views slightly. Otherwise Buck starts yelling orders and soon the ship is off on it's planeed course. None of the sailors know what that course is yet.

[Private to Zorlax Marn: The scrolls that were given to you were Gust of Wind, Fog Cloud, Animate Rope and Flaming Sphere. You had to cast Read Magic once]

This message was last updated by the GM at 03:49, Thu 12 Apr 2007.

Flik Gadson
 player, 12 posts
 Init: +2  AC: 17/ 15/ 12
 Hp:16/16 save:+4, +3, +6
Fri 20 Jan 2006
at 18:41
Re: On the Desert Rose
"Rope burns, splinters and blisters. you know after a while you'd think sailors hands would toughen up and they'd get less of them, but it seems like just the opposite is true, the more experienced the sailor the more splinters, rope burns and blisters he seems to get." Flik comments while watchng the crew work on deck.
Zorlax Marn
 player, 21 posts
Sat 21 Jan 2006
at 03:09
Re: On the Desert Rose
Zorlax strolls on the deck to watch the crew get the ship underway. He leans on a rail on the poop and watches Buck give the orders to get the ship moving. He examines some of the rope esimating thickness and speaks with the master about which ropes are the most critical for power, steering, etc..
Aurlin Sift
 player, 9 posts
Sat 21 Jan 2006
at 11:08
Re: On the Desert Rose
Aurlin climbs up the mast and into the crows-nest. The wind blowing through his hair is wondefull and he can think of no better job. He begins scanning the horizon...........
Hoat Hundemar
 player, 23 posts
 Excuse me while I gut you
 like a fish...
Sun 22 Jan 2006
at 02:26
Re: On the Desert Rose
Hoat takes his assigned station at the helm, looking to get a feel for the ship, and how she handles. The blood of his sea-faring ancestors yearns for the salty air and shifting deck.  Hoat breaths in deeply, glad to be underway again.  Now, he just needed to do little pillaging, and things would be perfect.
Aralanthalas Liastacia
 player, 9 posts
Sun 22 Jan 2006
at 06:01
Re: On the Desert Rose
Aralanthalas stands around on deck, watching the crew get working as the ship gets underway.
Flik Gadson
 player, 13 posts
 Init: +2  AC: 17/ 15/ 12
 Hp:16/16 save:+4, +3, +6
Fri 27 Jan 2006
at 02:34
Re: On the Desert Rose
As Flik looked over the crew hard at work, felt the warm sun beaming down on him and the breeze blowing past he decided that sailing was a fine thing, as long as you didn't have to do any of the hard work, not to mention that some of the songs the sailors sung were quite catchy.

"So any ideas on who were are going to be piliaging today or is it just the usualy rob the first unlucky sod who crosses our path?" Flik asks.
DM N1NJ4C0W
 GM, 44 posts
 He who controls the spice
 controls the universe
Fri 27 Jan 2006
at 08:06
Re: On the Desert Rose
"Cap'n's got a plan. She always has a plan." replies a crewmember that you think is named James...or something from last night.

Just then though, the second cabin's door is flung open and one of the crew is being held by 3 others. They are dragging him to the captain.
Zorlax Marn
 player, 22 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2006
at 11:46
Re: On the Desert Rose
Zorlax leans over the poop railing and watches as the person is drug out into the light. He mumbles to himself about thieves on a ship and watches with amusiment. Hes seen what he thinks will happen next.
Aurlin Sift
 player, 10 posts
Fri 27 Jan 2006
at 14:06
Re: On the Desert Rose
Reluctant to leave his post, but to curiouse not to, Aurlin leaps out of the crows, and levitates to the deck. "Looks like someone has been up to no good! Wait a minute, did he say thief?" Aurlin eyes the man suspiciously, 'better not be any of my stuff stolen........'
DM N1NJ4C0W
 GM, 45 posts
 He who controls the spice
 controls the universe
Fri 27 Jan 2006
at 14:28
Re: On the Desert Rose
Zorlax and Hoat recognize him as that Teifling they met back at the cove. The captain walks closer to him and then punches him in the nose.

"There's sharks in these waters you know." she says, smiling as blood trickles onto the Tiefling's lips. "They get bored easily. I reckon you should go and play with them...I would recommend 'Hide an' seek'. They like that game."

The bloodied man makes a quiet comment which earns him a punch in the gut and a knee in the crotch. He doubles over but is quickly dragged back onto his feet.

"Fetch the gangplank someone!" the captain shouts.
Flik Gadson
 player, 14 posts
 Init: +2  AC: 17/ 15/ 12
 Hp:16/16 save:+4, +3, +6
Sat 28 Jan 2006
at 14:43
Re: On the Desert Rose
Flik sighs at the display amd anyone looking at him would see the slight disapproval on his face I'm sure the captain has her reasons, but everytime I see a display like this I can't help but wonder what exactly I've gotten my self into. Sometimes I can't believe that tymora would send me here, but the captain did win the card game fa... well, she beat me anyway." Flik thinks to himself.
Hoat Hundemar
 player, 24 posts
 Excuse me while I gut you
 like a fish...
Sun 29 Jan 2006
at 02:34
Re: On the Desert Rose
Hoat picks his teeth, waiting to see what will happen.  Only a fool would interfere with a Captain's justice.
DM N1NJ4C0W
 GM, 46 posts
 He who controls the spice
 controls the universe
Sun 29 Jan 2006
at 14:28
Re: On the Desert Rose
The teifling waits while the plank is fetched. it is placed and he is pushed towards it.

He takes his steps but on the last one he attempts to use the plank as a springboard, retrieving a dagger, concealed on his person. It is a daring and dextrous move but he just recieves a slash from the captain's sword and a powerful boot to the gut that pushes him into the sea.

Cap'n Blackmane takes a rag and wipes the blood off her sword as the plank is retracted.

"Attention on deck!" she yells "Seems we have a position for first mate that's just opened up. Who wants it?" she smiles, waiting for the response.
Flik Gadson
 player, 15 posts
 Init: +2  AC: 17/ 15/ 12
 Hp:16/16 save:+4, +3, +6
Sun 29 Jan 2006
at 22:27
Re: On the Desert Rose
"Well, wouldn't the obvious choice be Buck? He knows the area very well, has just as much if not more experience then anyone else onboard ship and did very well commanding the ship on it's shake down run."
DM N1NJ4C0W
 GM, 47 posts
 He who controls the spice
 controls the universe
Sun 29 Jan 2006
at 22:39
Re: On the Desert Rose
"Buck WAS first mate...mate." says the crewman next to you as his facial features contort into those of a very confused man.
He snaps out of it. "Only time cap'n ever sends someone overboard is when they betray or kill another crewman. I reckon Buck is goin' on a trip to meet Davey Jones soon enough."
Flik Gadson
 player, 16 posts
 Init: +2  AC: 17/ 15/ 12
 Hp:16/16 save:+4, +3, +6
Sun 29 Jan 2006
at 22:56
Re: On the Desert Rose
"Opps where was my head you are quite right, I guess this means that the tiefling who just got booted from the ship murdered Buck. That's a shame, but that's the life I guess. Anyway, I personally know next to nothing about running a ship smoothly, so I would suggest a hardy sailor who knows the area. Who, besides the captain, knows the sea around here very well?"
Zorlax Marn
 player, 23 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2006
at 02:14
Re: On the Desert Rose
Zorlax remains calm as the man disappears astern. He contemplates this sudden change. So the first mate is dead. Well I guess I have the cabin all to myself."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:49, Mon 30 Jan 2006.

Aurlin Sift
 player, 11 posts
Mon 30 Jan 2006
at 11:33
Re: On the Desert Rose
Aurlin smiles, obviously pleased at the doomed tiefling entertaining attempt at escape. When the position of first mate comes up, Aurlin cringes at the idea of being given any responsibility. He is free spirited and unpredictable, not one to be tied down or told what to do. But then he calms his normaly racing thoughts, takes a breath of fresh sea air--which he was coming to like even more--and thinks about the position more carefully. Never thought of myself as a leader............ but I suppose pirates ain't as picky as them big shots in the cities. Not sure of what to do, he decides to head down to his bunk and think ab.............. bunk.
Bet the first mate gets better quarters than the rest of the crew.
Suddenly finding the position most interesting, and realising that a certain amount of power and responsibility might actually give him the freedom he so despratly needs, Aurlin decides that he is indeed interested in the position.
The cunning and oppurtunistick rogue steps boldly forward, stands confidently in front of the captain and assembled crew, and says, I have not the expierience my good captain, but my dedication is steadfast, and my skills are without doubt. Ask and it shall be done, and if anyone wishes to challenge me for the position, then say so now! He looks in turn to each member of the crew, as if challenging there opposition.