Hunters: On The Trail.   Posted by Captain Clarke.Group: archive 3
Captain Clarke
 NPC, 25 posts
 Captain of the
 Swyft Wynd
Thu 29 Jun 2006
at 21:33
Hunters: On the trail
The morning rolls around and as the crew drifts back, most of them hungover like nobodies business, Clarke outlines the adventure to come.  "We set sail for the deep south boys, Port Castigliar, Chult!"  he says, the effects of the night before not appearing to slow him at all.  "Everyone knows its a haven for pirates sneaking into the country, well boys, its time we put an end to that!" with that he begins calling out orders, and though the sailos are a bit slow due to their condition this morn they still hop to!

OOC: finish up at the ship sale, buy what you might want...we're going pirate hunting!

This message was last updated by the player at 21:34, Thu 29 June 2006.

Varul Reefcrusher
 player, 286 posts
 First Mate
 Marine
Thu 29 Jun 2006
at 22:05
Re: Hunters: On the trail
Vraul, having slept out on the sea's floor. Swims in to port in the morning and climbs aboard. He starts making sure everyone returns and starts working.
Calgarvin Woodwill
 player, 162 posts
Fri 30 Jun 2006
at 05:57
Re: Hunters: On the trail
Calgarvin does his best to hide his hangover from the Captain as he gives his very loud and long speech.

His head aching, he tries to find a little chore to do in the corner of the boat for a few minutes, but still LOOK like he's doing something....just enough time for the pounding on his temples to subside.
DM Foxpaws
 GM, 200 posts
Fri 30 Jun 2006
at 20:39
Re: Hunters: On the trail
With the help of Captain Clarke's magic the ship fair flies across the waves, the summoned winds never once abating or slowing in the least.

OOC: you have til saturday 8pm (EST) to buy what you need in the ship for sale thread, after that its to late gents.  Let me know what you've bought.

[Private to DM N1NJ4C0W: I'll be there monday if you can keep your people in the area til then.]
Varul Reefcrusher
 player, 287 posts
 First Mate
 Marine
Fri 30 Jun 2006
at 20:47
Re: Hunters: On the trail
Vraul moves about the ship. Making sure everyone is working and everything is stowed away and lashed down.
Captain Clarke
 NPC, 26 posts
 Captain of the
 Swyft Wynd
Sun 2 Jul 2006
at 12:06
Re: Hunters: On the trail
Clarke stands at the rear of the ship, calling to the winds to keep the ship on its speedy course toward the Refuge Bay and the jungles of chult.  He is very quite on this trip, relying of his well disciplined crew to keep the ship in order as he keeps the breezes blowing to bring the ship to that far away land.
Varul Reefcrusher
 player, 288 posts
 First Mate
 Marine
Sun 2 Jul 2006
at 14:17
Re: Hunters: On the trail
Vraul prowls around the ship, assuring that everyone is on their toes and keep us sailing the sea as fast as possible.

He makes the Marines practice with the balista.
Calgarvin Woodwill
 player, 163 posts
Mon 3 Jul 2006
at 05:50
Re: Hunters: On the trail
Calgarvin also tries his luck out on the ballista on the offchance that he is needed on siege weaponry.
Tagen Vrinn
 player, 38 posts
Mon 3 Jul 2006
at 13:46
Re: Hunters: On the trail
Tagen's hangover is severe and he swears it will last for a week. He sets himself about the tasks ordered and finds the hard work begins to force the alcohol from his brain and things improve greatly.

When he finds the spare moment or two, he locates a place on deck to practice with his bow. He did not care for his performance during the last encounter and feels he has grown lax with his favorite weapon.
Varul Reefcrusher
 player, 291 posts
 First Mate
 Marine
Mon 3 Jul 2006
at 18:24
Re: Hunters: On the trail
Vraul notices some of the crew look green. He is confused, for none of them ever got sea sick before...and they only drank for one whole night....so that could not be it....
Captain Clarke
 NPC, 28 posts
 Captain of the
 Swyft Wynd
Mon 3 Jul 2006
at 21:09
Re: Hunters: On the trail
The days pass swifty as the small shift is fair flown over the waves to the distant Refugee Bay area of Chult, a land of mysteries and death by all accounts.  As the ship nears the dark land Clarke calls out "Rig the netting boys, these waters are famous for pirate attacks and anything to slow the boarding will help!  You men there, make sure those balista are in good condition, I've a feeling they'll be used 'ere long.  Mr. Varul, are you and your men ready?"  As the thought of combat comes upon the Captain he seems to be more animated than ever before, the thrill of the upcoming battles seem to fill him with vigor.

OOC: Post shipboard comments here in this thread, once we engage they can go into the hunters/pirates combat posting.  Have fun boys, I'm a little curious to see whos going to win this!

This message was last edited by the player at 11:56, Tue 04 July 2006.

Varul Reefcrusher
 player, 292 posts
 First Mate
 Marine
Mon 3 Jul 2006
at 21:52
Re: Hunters: On the trail
"Aye, there they be. It seems the have more crew then us." Vrul comments with a smile on his face. Hearing the Captains query he says, "We be ready to board Capn." Making sure veryone is ready to fight. He turns and shouts man the balista and fire as soon as you can.

Vraul suggest "Your pet could punch a hole in the body of their ship and I can enter from beneath with a couple o marines if we do not care about the prize."
Varul Reefcrusher
 player, 293 posts
 First Mate
 Marine
Tue 4 Jul 2006
at 00:02
Re: Hunters: On the trail
Vraul request a Barkskin Spell be cast upon him..if no one can do it he will drink his last Barkskin potion.
Varul Reefcrusher
 player, 294 posts
 First Mate
 Marine
Tue 4 Jul 2006
at 00:11
Re: Hunters: On the trail
Vraul also grabs onto a line and jumps into the sea..after being totally submerged, he climbs back onto the ship and is ready for combat.
Captain Clarke
 NPC, 30 posts
 Captain of the
 Swyft Wynd
Tue 4 Jul 2006
at 11:58
Re: Hunters: On the trail
"I think Fido will be of more us to keep swimmers off of the ship, but if she'll be ready to assist if she can." the captain replies, still scanning the horizon for the incoming ship.


OOC: just working out distances and combat at sea with Ninj4Cow
Tagen Vrinn
 player, 39 posts
Tue 4 Jul 2006
at 15:13
Re: Hunters: On the trail
Tagen prepares as best he can. It is obvious that his crewmate's skills far exceed his own, so he resolves to follow their lead and do what he can in whatever events transpire.
Varul Reefcrusher
 player, 298 posts
 First Mate
 Marine
Tue 4 Jul 2006
at 15:35
Re: Hunters: On the trail
Hopefully he will give a chance for a PC to be hit by the balista..instead of just damage to his ship and NPC's.. :)
Captain Clarke
 NPC, 33 posts
 Captain of the
 Swyft Wynd
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 00:11
Re: Hunters: On the trail
The two ships are still to far out of range to see what she might be, but the captain calls out orders for the worst anyway.  "Prepare buckets and wet the sails boys...I don't want to see the girl go up if it comes to that."  With that the captain takes a good long look at the far ship, trying to judge the distance and the time before they will be in range.

ooc: if we don't hear something from Ninjamoo in regards to the ship battle shortly I'll go albatross on 'em and do some scouting around their ship.
Varul Reefcrusher
 player, 302 posts
 First Mate
 Marine
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 00:16
Re: Hunters: On the trail
"I sure hope that taint just sum other merchant." Vraul says with a glint in his eyes for battle.
Captain Clarke
 NPC, 34 posts
 Captain of the
 Swyft Wynd
Fri 7 Jul 2006
at 00:18
Re: Hunters: On the trail
"In these waters?  Unlikely...even if she's not a pirate, shes smuggling something, or a slaver.." he says the last with more than a hint of disgust.