Non-Good Moonsea: Mission 3 - A Simple Job.   Posted by DM Martin 22.Group: archive 5
Dog
 player, 20 posts
 Init +9 AC:19/16/13
 HP: 35/35 SV: F+6,R+4,W+1
Sat 16 Dec 2006
at 04:26
Re: Motor Mouth
"Oooo, spooky," Dog says jokingly.  Moving through the room, he eases himself into the comfy chair trying not to dislodge much dust as the others searched around.
DM Swamprose
 GM, 163 posts
 Do not underestimate
 The Dark Side.
Sat 16 Dec 2006
at 06:45
Re: Motor Mouth
Plopping into the chair would be easier said then done, since at the moment, it's occupied by a long dead humanoid.  There are a few scraps of leathery meat, but the gruesome display is mostly that of a skeleton wearing a plain looking grey robe with it's hood down.  He's got a ring on his finger and two arrows pierce the torso.

The robe looks a bit bloodstained.  Clutched in the skeleton's left hand is a quill.
Dog
 player, 21 posts
 Init +9 AC:19/16/13
 HP: 35/35 SV: F+6,R+4,W+1
Sat 16 Dec 2006
at 06:49
Re: Motor Mouth
Dog looks at the remains and comments, "Hmmm, good shot.  And no looting, interesting... but not much."  Stabbing his sword into the torso, he reaches down to take the ring whereupon he will heave the mass to the floor so that he can sit in the chair and put on the ring.
Xavier
 player, 18 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP: 30/31 Sv: 5/1/7
Sat 16 Dec 2006
at 12:53
Re: Motor Mouth
Xavier moves closer to the bookshelves trying to read the covers witout touching the books. Who know how old the books where and what happens on contact.
Michaela Lehava
 player, 122 posts
 Init +4, AC 16/14/12
 HP: 33/34 Sv: 5/4/4
Tue 19 Dec 2006
at 16:45
Re: Motor Mouth
"Interesting? Hopefully it's just good." Michaela shrugged as she opened the chest and looked inside.
Cyrus Stormgate
 player, 61 posts
 INIT +8 AC 19/17/12
 SAVES 7/2/5 HP 33/33
Wed 20 Dec 2006
at 19:51
Re: Motor Mouth
The chest revealed little more then a metal pot, some now useless food, and a few articles of non-descript clothing.  The bookshelf remained much of a mystery as many of the books were dusty, having been undisturbed for quite some time.  However, a closer inspection revealed many of them to be written in an old, runic language.  The language was likely dwarvern, but it was hard to tell without actually trying to read at least a portion of the books.

The body on the other hand, flopped on the ground as Dog hefted it aside.  It's head bounced, and then the skull popped off and rolled along the floor bouncing into Xavier's foot.

"Hmph." The Talosian grunted.  "Was that necessary?" He was addressing the ogre who just looted the corpse.  "Find anything useful on the desk at least?"

Now that was a good question...

This message was last updated by the player at 19:51, Wed 20 Dec 2006.

Dog
 player, 22 posts
 Init +9 AC:19/16/13
 HP: 35/35 SV: F+6,R+4,W+1
Wed 20 Dec 2006
at 19:59
Re: Motor Mouth
Cyrus Stormgate:
"Hmph." The Talosian grunted.  "Was that necessary?"

Dog grins wickedly, "Nope, but more fun than not.  Why don't you check the skull and see if there's anything in there."

[private to you:  Dog put on the ring if that had any effect.]
NPC Cabo
 NPC, 4 posts
 ????????
 ????????
Thu 21 Dec 2006
at 02:25
Re: Motor Mouth
An elf stands before you in the doorway to the room, and it's Dog who sees him first, because he stands directly across from the big warrior.  He's wearing a lot of black, but you can see the glint of steel studs on his armor.  Leaning against the wall, he keeps his left hand concealed along the other side of his body.  Without a word, he tosses a dagger right past Dog's face, sticking it into the wall next to him.  "Don't even think about going for your weapon.  If I wanted to kill you, all of you would already be dead.  Just ask her."  He cants his head in Michaela's direction.

You do notice he doesn't draw another weapon, but he stays at the ready just in case.
Cyrus Stormgate
 player, 62 posts
 INIT +8 AC 19/17/12
 SAVES 7/2/5 HP 33/33
Thu 21 Dec 2006
at 02:29
Re: Motor Mouth
Cyrus whistles, both hands off to his sides.  He slowly leans his spear against the side of the bookcase and takes a step backwards.  "Alright.  Be easy now y'all."  Cabo's hands slowly lock together behind his head.  But anyone who's travelled with him for more then a day knows that he's got a Javalin of lightning he keeps right there...

This message was last edited by the player at 02:29, Thu 21 Dec 2006.

Dog
 player, 23 posts
 Init +9 AC:19/16/13
 HP: 35/35 SV: F+6,R+4,W+1
Thu 21 Dec 2006
at 03:56
Re: Motor Mouth
Dog chuckles, "Man, I've already had that done to me today, but thanks for another dagger for my belt.  I oughta open a museum."  He reaches back to pull the dagger out of the wall with the intention of putting it in his belt.  He could care less about the elf at the moment.  Being that he has traveled with the man for way less than a day, he has no idea about the javelin.  His bow is still in his hand and the shield is strapped and put away.  Of course with a dagger in his hand, he can't fire the bow until he gets rid of it.
Xavier
 player, 19 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP: 30/31 Sv: 5/1/7
Fri 22 Dec 2006
at 12:42
Re: Motor Mouth
Xavier looks at the skull rolling against his feet just as he wants to reach for one of the books and at the mention to check it out for something usefull he lifts his heavy armored foot and slams it down hard onto the skull scattering fragments in all directions and most likely revealing an empty skull. As the black elf appears he gives it a dark look and reaches for a book letting the warrior blocking its way inside handle it for this moment although he gets ready to cast 'hold person' on the Elf as he adresses him on a cold and unintrested tone.

"Well what do you want then? I am sure you did not show yourself to enlighten us with your pleasing apearnace."
Dog
 player, 25 posts
 Init +9 AC:19/16/13
 HP: 35/35 SV: F+6,R+4,W+1
Fri 22 Dec 2006
at 14:17
Re: Motor Mouth
Dog chuckles, "Oh, I don't know.  Elves are pretty.  I've always had a soft spot for elves."

He shrugs as he addresses the elf, "As for being able to kill us all, who the frag cares.  I'm sure we could all make the same threat.  Now you wanted to talk, so talk."

Being a big fan of intimidation, it's the one technique that does not work well back on him.  He adds, "Nice style, though," as if thinking aloud.
Michaela Lehava
 player, 124 posts
 Init +4, AC 16/14/12
 HP: 33/34 Sv: 5/4/4
Fri 22 Dec 2006
at 21:29
Re: Motor Mouth
"Cabo. How... pleasant to see you again." Michaela stood and looked at him, flexing her hands into and out of fists under the claws of her bracers. "Now, please, tell us what you want? Working for the boss again, or someone else?"
NPC Cabo
 NPC, 5 posts
 ????????
 ????????
Wed 27 Dec 2006
at 17:35
Re: Motor Mouth
"I've got that book you're after.  You won't find it here.  I'll give it to you, but I need something in return."  The elf in Black stood upright, but again, one of his hands remained behind his back...
Dog
 player, 26 posts
 Init +9 AC:19/16/13
 HP: 35/35 SV: F+6,R+4,W+1
Wed 27 Dec 2006
at 17:45
Re: Motor Mouth
Dog growled, but only a bit since there had been no real threat made with the dagger, "Easy there, fellow.  That had better be the book behind your back there or you'd better be scratching your butt.  Either way, take it easy."  It was not enough to warrant intimidation, but enough to let him know he noticed.

[private to you:  Dog imagines what his master would do in odds like this and it's generally to have some kind of area effect device of some sort.  As such, Dog needs two things.  1- the likelyhood that he can make it to the elf without suffering the effects of whatever it is or 2- an escape through a window, door, or hole if possible.  He is memorizing the area so that he can stop breathing and close his eyes while still moving.]
Michaela Lehava
 player, 125 posts
 Init +4, AC 16/14/12
 HP: 33/34 Sv: 5/4/4
Wed 27 Dec 2006
at 17:53
Re: Motor Mouth
"Talking like you is like getting blood from a stone. Comparably, getting blood from you would be easy. Cut to the chase, what do you want?" Michaela spoke coolly, standing slightly hunched forward with both hands loosely by her sides.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:54, Wed 27 Dec 2006.

NPC Cabo
 NPC, 6 posts
 ????????
 ????????
Wed 27 Dec 2006
at 18:13
Re: Motor Mouth
"There is that matter regarding the tomb of the paladin I sought out.  You remember it, yes?" The elf sighed, shaking his head in humiliated defeat.  "Well, there's a problem.  You see the dead paladin wasn't supposed to be awake, and well, to be a bit more specific, said dead, but recently awake, paladin happens to have the majority of my equipment, up to and including several magical tomes taken from this library."

Cabo stood upright again.  "You need the book.  I need my sword."
Dog
 player, 27 posts
 Init +9 AC:19/16/13
 HP: 35/35 SV: F+6,R+4,W+1
Wed 27 Dec 2006
at 18:24
Re: Motor Mouth
Dog laughed loud and hard, throwing his head back in the humor.  He says, "Okay, Cabo, I don't know about you, but it takes a big man, or elf, to say such a thing.  I like that.  I don't know about these people, but I'll help you out.  What the hell, I've got nothing better to do right now.  It'll cost ya, though.  I don't know what, a favor in the future what you may outlive and never have to repay, but for now, the fun of watching you as he head there will be enough."  His smile is genuine as he enjoys the elf's discomfort.
Michaela Lehava
 player, 126 posts
 Init +4, AC 16/14/12
 HP: 33/34 Sv: 5/4/4
Wed 27 Dec 2006
at 19:27
Re: Motor Mouth
Michaela hung her head in disbelief, then shook it, sighing slightly. "Fine. Paladin tomb. Get books. You get your stuff, we get our pick of the rest. Deal or no deal?"
Xavier
 player, 22 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP: 30/31 Sv: 5/1/7
Thu 28 Dec 2006
at 19:52
Re: Motor Mouth
Xavier listened and remained silent. This group seemed to be heading somewhere where the would be needing a Cleric and they might be needing him.

"I will join you then. Sounds like you will be needing my services there."
Dog
 player, 28 posts
 Init +9 AC:19/16/13
 HP: 35/35 SV: F+6,R+4,W+1
Fri 29 Dec 2006
at 21:26
Re: Motor Mouth
Dog nods at Xavier, "Yeah, sure, well that is if ya mean healing and not going ta church."
Xavier
 player, 23 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP: 30/31 Sv: 5/1/7
Sat 30 Dec 2006
at 16:18
Re: Motor Mouth
"I will look after Physical and spiritual health and it is my task to spread the word of bane wherever we go."
Dog
 player, 29 posts
 Init +9 AC:19/16/13
 HP: 35/35 SV: F+6,R+4,W+1
Sun 31 Dec 2006
at 03:01
Re: Motor Mouth
Dog raised an eyebrow, "Bane?  Who's that?  Or do you mean like Wolf's bane?  Whose bane are you spreading?"  He looks a little more intrigued now.
Xavier
 player, 25 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP: 30/31 Sv: 5/1/7
Mon 1 Jan 2007
at 12:29
Re: Motor Mouth
Xavier shot a glare at the man making fun of the gods and thoughts of things he could to to him crossed his mind. None where worth loosing a meat shield in the comming adventure though and so he subsided with a cold reply.

"Do not make fun of the only true god of Fearun. The god of Tyrants will not tollerate you make fun of him."
Dog
 player, 31 posts
 Init +9 AC:19/16/13
 HP: 35/35 SV: F+6,R+4,W+1
Mon 1 Jan 2007
at 14:13
Re: Motor Mouth
Dog looks a bit miffed at the reply and then just shrugs, looking back at the elf.  He fingers the two new daggers absentmindedly as he starts watching the others, waiting.