Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn.   Posted by Master Servious.Group: 0
B0-B1
 player, 4 posts
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 00:33
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
B0-B1 walked beside Devon as they made their way to the recreation area. Keeping conversation light was not a strong point for the droid, given small talk was generally not something he did well.

I was built as a part of a smaller detatchment of droids which were used for battlefield reconnaisssane and data transference, kind of couriers if you like. Many of us were able to travel with an element of speed and often if capture would occur we would either be reprogrammed or sent to the scrap heap. After all, when was the last time you looked at a protocol droid for anything other than menial tasks and translations? Of course we still did not have the programming to allow us to take a life. But detainment was never an issue. I must ask again, however, what is it the Talons have been tasked with. I am uncertain at this point to what extent the colonel believed I could be useful.
Mika Trake
 player, 909 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 03:21
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Mika bites her lip a moment.  "I don't think we learn much by following the ship's headed ...  Well, maybe heading away from the base.  We have no good way to figure out if the came from the base or not, unless we want to try to pull a dump of their navcomp and decrypt it.  I might be able to do it, but I'm not feeling very confident.

Let's drift a bit off beam behind the Imp freighters and see if one or both head for the base.  After all, we don't want to be too obvious about our interest.  If they both head for the base, we got a couple of options.  If one veers off, we still got the other.  What do the two o you think?"
  She loops CC9 into the question, maybe the droids combat programming would provide some insight.
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 player, 456 posts
 Cathar Female
 Talon 5
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 06:41
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Kyvarr looked up as Devon and the others walked in.

"Sir, I received a message from the hangar bay.  Apparently 'my two Y-wings' will be ready for pre-flight in fifteen minutes.  I take it the Colonel approved the plan."  She did her best to keep the surprise from her voice but did a poor job.  Subtlety was not her strength.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:47, Fri 13 Apr 2018.

B2-CC9
 NPC, 328 posts
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 17:27
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
CC9 turns its head to look at Mika from its position at the sensor station.

"I recommend analysis of the transponder signal and visuals of the civilian transport headed inbound to the base's sector, in an attempt to determine the civilian company to which it belongs.  The Empire is known to utilise both Imperial and civilian transports; the latter would be easier to attack and typically advertise their identity for purposes of business exposure.  The public holonet will quickly reveal whether the company in question is known to work with or for the Empire."

It looks back at its screen.  Emotions are difficult to determine in droids at the best of times but understanding the impassive battle droid is like trying to psychoanalyse a toaster.

"The parameters for this mission are... restrictive.  Without having the target station in visual or scan range it is difficult to determine exactly where any ship is travelling to or from while en route.  If we can identify a freight company operating in this area which works for the Empire, exclusively or non-exclusively, probability increases that we can locate an appropriate target to liberate."
M4-33F
 NPC, 39 posts
 Messenger Droid
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 17:43
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Cor sighs to herself slightly.

"Thank you, Zyra.  That is most gratifying to know - both that we are all safe, for the moment, and that you will still support us regardless of our decision."

The Umbaran taps a few keys on a keyboard just out of sight.

"I will send you a full record of the meeting, B0-B1, so you can familiarise yourself with it at your earliest convenience.  It may be worthwhile the two of you reviewing it as well, Devon, Mr Endeel," she adds, "especially considering you were not present for the entirety of it."

The three of them almost immediately receive a compressed video file showing the date.  Even a cursory glance will show that it is a complete recording of the meeting, seen from the M4 droid's perspective.  It is accompanied by a text-only transcript of the same meeting.

Cor, meanwhile, rubs at the corner of one eye slightly and blinks a few times, an expression of frustration crossing her face for a moment.  Then it clears and she gives Zyra a pretty, charming smile.

"If you are amenable to it, I may contact you privately to discuss unrelated matters, Zyra.  It was good to see you in action again."

Cor's hologram bows her head to Zyra respectfully.  Then the droid turns off the holoemitter and buzzes from the room.

M4-33F zooms by Devon, Arcas and B0-B1, not stopping or speaking to them, hovering away with the single-minded focus characteristic of the M4 line of messenger droids.
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 475 posts
 Bothan Female
 Talon 6
Sun 15 Apr 2018
at 07:57
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Fiarr looks up hopefully when Devon returns.

"Hey there.  Any news?  Out planning isn't getting too far.  We need a more solid idea of what or where we are capturing a ship before we can do more than make vague outlines."

She looks at B0-B1 curiously.  "Hello.  Are you one of Cor's droids?  I don't think I've seen you before."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:07, Sun 15 Apr 2018.

Devon Kismet
 player, 1144 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 21:57
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
"yeah." Devon replied.  "Can't throw a boardin' party till we know the venue."

He indicated the protocol droid next to him.
"This is B0-B1 - or Bobi.  Zyra think's it"  Devon paused a moment.  It?  He? She? Have to work that one out later.  "-it would be a good addition to the team."

Devon dropped into a seat, and grimaced.
"Yeah, they approved the plan - despite my best efforts to screw things up.  Either I gotta get better at this official military stuff, or I gotta let people who are better at it do stuff for me.  Probably both.  But yeah, we got the Y-wings, an' we got permission.  It was made quite clear we gotta stick to Alliance rules of Engagement though."

Devon looked up at B0-B1, Cor's remote and Arcas.
"I miss anythin'?  If not, let's get movin'."
Devon was well aware he hadn't impressed Nootka in that briefing - and if the Talons were to succeed as part of the Alliance, he needed her respect.  He'd failed in the their first meeting, maybe he could repair some of the damage with a successful mission.
Dohr Veen
 player, 519 posts
 Kel-Dor Male
 Talon 8
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 22:30
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Dohr nods to Aderek. "A very nice ship indeed. A definite improvement over the Ghtroc and even more so over the Indefatigable. Of course we will have to do something about that Medbay at some point. I have some... assets put aside I could use for that, but that is for a later discussion with Cor. Since we have lost our base and our main ship, we will have to make use of what we have left and what our allies provide us."

There was a short break and then a dry laugh. "And we really need to come up with a name for that 720."

Dohr looked around the space they were in wondering. "This ship somehow manages to appear even larger from the inside. Nice. Very nice."

The Doc also drops his gear into his cabin, heads towards the galley and calls out to Aderek. "How about another mug of caf while we wait for Cor to free herself from the meeting with the Colonel?
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 476 posts
 Bothan Female
 Talon 6
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 20:15
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Fiarr nodded at Devon.

"You still planning to go with Arcas on this run?  I could take Kyvarr instead, it would provide a good training opportunity.  Leaves you time to do planning with Cor and Arcas as well."
Kyvarr 'Hammer' Dulvan
 player, 457 posts
 Cathar Female
 Talon 5
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 00:57
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
"Sir.  I've been looking at our roster and I think it's time we reassigned Talon numbers.  I've taken the liberty of preparing a list, but wanted to know if you had any specific preferences or thoughts.  Also, is 'Bobi' going to need a designation?"
Lin Daochi
 player, 64 posts
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 18:40
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
After splitting up with Heigren, Lin headed to do some shopping. She went after a disguise kit, more precisely, a pile of various make-up goods that would allow her to change her appearance drastically by changing her skin and hair colour. Once she had what she needed in that department, at least for this particular gig, she headed out to do some shopping for clothes - skimpy lingerie and a dress that would cause a Hutt swallow its tongue due to sheer excitement. Her primary plan was to gamble her way in to the company of some poor freighter captain and delicately squeeze the information out of the said captain. The skimpy clothing was a backup plan for obtaining the data, even if she did prefer not to sleep with a mark if she could avoid it.
Arcas Endeel
 player, 77 posts
 Human Male
 Aristocratic Officer
Sat 21 Apr 2018
at 14:49
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
"I'd like to take a look at the station itself, if possible. See how much traffic goes through it, external details and so on. The intelligence given to us was... light, so taking a closer look would allow us to refine our plan", Arcas replied to Fiarr. Sitting here would accomplish little, and the thought didn't excite the man.

"And if our time allowance is less than three days, then every moment counts. I could start coming up with a plan on the return journey."
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 477 posts
 Bothan Female
 Talon 6
Sat 21 Apr 2018
at 22:05
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Fiarr nodded.  "I had proposed a plan that involved a ballistic flyby of the station using the Y-wings.  It was one of two plans I proposed, the other being scouting of primary space lanes, like the Ghtroc is hopefully doing right now."

"Which plan or plans did the Colonel approve?"

Mika Trake
 player, 910 posts
 Talon 10
 Shore leave Kimy Stell
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 16:18
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Mika nods, "Good idea, CC9."

Mika turns back to the conmsole and starts sifting through the transponder data.  "it's a shame we can't do a directed scan, but that would light off a lot of attention we don't want right now."

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 21:32, Sun 22 Apr 2018.

Devon Kismet
 player, 1145 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 21:47
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Devon nodded to Kyvarr.
"Yeah, we probably should re-issue the numbers."  Devon didnt sound too enthusiastic - he'd been Seven ever since he joined the Talons...
"You've already done a list?  Gonna have to fit Bobi in too, I guess."

Devon glanced a quesstion up at Cors hovering drone.
"As I understand it, we don't got permission for flybys on the station - so we're gonna be scoutin' the traffic lanes.  As to who?  Anyone got any massive preferences here?"
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 478 posts
 Bothan Female
 Talon 6
Tue 24 Apr 2018
at 02:26
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
"Massive preferences no.  I saw it as a good chance to get some stick time in with Kyvarr.  But that's assuming you don't need us for other duties.  Way I see it though is that until we have more intel, Kyvarr and I can't work on plans for space or land assaults."
Dohr Veen
 player, 520 posts
 Kel-Dor Male
 Talon 8
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 11:32
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Dohr walks over to the drink machine and selected a caf and a mug suited for his kind. "Would you like to have something, Aderek?", the Kel Dorian asks while automatically picking up a cup for the human as well.

Waiting for the drinks to be ready, the Doc leans on the counter and casually points at Aderek's prosthetic arm. "So, how did your new arm and hand turn out? I am no expert, but by the looks of it, it does not quite match the top notch ones we see in holonet commercials. I do not mean to be disrespectful or assume anything, but should you wish to have any help that I am able to provide, I am at your service."
Kira
 player, 188 posts
 Human Female
 Talon 2
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 12:17
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Kira agreed with Mika's observation...a scan would be helpful but yield too much attention. She sat at the co pilot's seat hand helped where she could. "...and if there's one thing we don't want now, it's attention." She said more to herself than anyone else. It was an obvious statement, but Kira, feeling a little out of her depth here, did what she could to help...as little as it was
Devon Kismet
 player, 1146 posts
 Talon 7
 ID: Rian Cloudrider
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 19:04
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Devon appeared to mull things over for a few seconds, then downgraded into looking indecisive for a moment.

"Go get 'em, then."
he said.  "Kyvarr's got the makin' of a good pilot."  he turned to the Cathar  "I figure it's just practice you need, an' maybe start thinkin' more in three dimensions." he grinned. "That sim time we got kinda shows you're more used to things that move along the ground, not through the air."
Fiarr Melan'nel
 player, 479 posts
 Bothan Female
 Talon 6
Sat 28 Apr 2018
at 05:41
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
"Roger that.  Let's get to it Sarge."

Fiarr jumps up from the table, waits for Kyvarr to join her and immediately heads for the hangar bay.
B0-B1
 player, 5 posts
Tue 1 May 2018
at 12:02
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
B0-B1 finishes reviewing the recorded conversations Cor had linked through to him. Remaining quiet for a few moments to process the information he finally reinvests himself in the conversation.

From my understanding of the recording of the mission briefing, this facility which is intended as our target is under Imperial control. Whilst I understand that organics have compasions toward other of your kind, it is my understanding that you are at war with this faction, so I do not understand your hesitations toward the suggestion of decompression of the station to neutralise the hostiles therein. I am not ignorant, I am aware that this would not be a suitable environment for you as well, but the suggestion was made that it could be done compartmentally...

He stopped to think for a moment. The living creatures he had worked with in the past had often showed compassion toward other living creatures, so perhaps there was an element of discomfort for these organics to cause harm to their enemy, despite the mission briefing being to either destroy the station, or be out in time for the bomber run to do it.

In any case, the way in which the mission is addressed whilst on the station seems the least of our worries. Whilst I appreciate that the squadren leader has devised plans for the boarding, I am not understanding how this is to be effective, given the Imperial penchant toward hatred of non humans. To my understanding they are only comfortable with other species that are either in chains or wearing the mantle of bounty hunters. However, I understand that I am the newest party to this group and thereby shall do what I can to aid in the mission, both in recconaisance and absolution of the task. Would that I be directed to the best station to suit your needs.

He waits for suggestion as to his usefulness, hoping his natural tendencies towards bluntness and inability to properly convey emotion do not hinder the groups opinion of him.
Master Servious
 GM, 2206 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Wed 2 May 2018
at 10:30
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Before Devon can answer he gets a priority signal from his comm.  The call is short and one sided, Devon not saying anything except "Yes ma'am."  Without a word, he moves off back the way he'd come from, leaving B0-B1's observations unanswered.
Cor Lambar
 player, 807 posts
 Talon Eleven
 ID: 'Sola Numen'
Wed 2 May 2018
at 12:10
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
As the Talons work on their various tasks, a sudden shift in circumstance results in a change in orders.  It comes in with little warning, filtering to each of the teams via hyperspace comms.  The origin of the transmission is the Voidsong, Cor's personal freighter, and the message itself is short, to the point.

A recorded message comes through on all secured Talon comms, with the exceptions of Cor's droids and the Voidsong's current passengers, Dohr and B0-B1.  It is encrypted for security and can only be opened on Talon equipment - without A-grade slicing, at any rate.

When it is opened, the sound of Cor's voice is clearly heard.

"Talons, this is an urgent transmission.  You are to rendezvous as early as possible at the coordinates attached to this message, on my freighter, the Voidsong, which will reach that position in a little under one standard day.  There have been developments that require our immediate attention.  This takes priority over our current mission.

Talon Eleven, signing off."


The attached coordinates are for a position in high orbit around the planet on which Lin is currently posted, no more than a single standard day from any of the Talon teams.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:01, Wed 02 May 2018.

Arcas Endeel
 player, 78 posts
 Human Male
 Aristocratic Officer
Thu 3 May 2018
at 13:14
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Arcas listened to the droid's thinking with one ear while moving towards the hangar, eager to get into solitude of a cockpit with his recent thought about the clone wars' effect on the perception of violence in general.

"It's called wartime ethics. I can give you a rundown on the very rational principles behind it some day", Arcas stated to the droid, hoping that it would spread the word. But for now, there was a reconnaissance to be done.

Cor's message was worrying, yet it created a feeling of familiarity. Urgent statements that required immediate action: They were what Arcas was accustomed to in the Empire. He looked at Fiarr and arced an eyebrow. "Should we take the Y-wings?"
Master Servious
 GM, 2208 posts
 The ultimate power
 in the universe!
Fri 4 May 2018
at 06:37
Re: Act 8.0.1 - Prologue: A new dawn
Closing this thread and pushing to the new one.  Please read the new thread and commence posting there.