03a: Northward bound.   Posted by GM2.Group: 0
GM2
Tue 5 May 2009
at 23:59
03: Northward bound
[please can everyone give me a couple of 2d10 roles, the purpose of which will become clear as the day wears on.  please make sure your charsheets are up to date as for "hidden" roles like this I will apply relevant modifiers from the sheets].
Sir Adonis Campbell
 player, 70 posts
 The wheel is spinning
 but the hamster has died.
Wed 6 May 2009
at 02:05
Re: 03: Northward bound

 Like some of the others, Adonis takes the opportunity to gather such simple rations as opportunity makes available, refreshing his waterskin from the witches well and filling a small pouch with fruit - though he lacks a suitable weapon for hunting, he seems to take the opinion that a day or so on short rations until the group reaches a settlement is a manageable hardship.

 He leaves the faerie knapsack where it lays however, spurning it along with the insulting threats that went with it until such time as the 'forest spirits' learn sufficient manners to present their requests appropriately.

 On the road he tends to linger up near the front of the group in a tirelessly cheerful manner, intermittently humming this tune or that as he strolls along mile after mile, bearing the weight of his armour the way an experienced hiker largely ignores the weight of a pack - and not straining his limited intellectual gifts on conversation unless someone addresses him directly - and besides, from just behind Eldor he can watch the fairy guide the group with the absolute delighted fascination of a man who's only seen his sort in Bestiaries and the illustrations in collections of fanciful tales before now.

 ---

21:58, Today: Sir Adonis Campbell rolled 11 using 2d10.
21:58, Today: Sir Adonis Campbell rolled 12 using 2d10.
Eldor Leaf-fall
 player, 46 posts
Wed 6 May 2009
at 06:55
Re: 03: Northward bound
Eldor followed the old woman into the hut and gave her a fond hug and kiss. " thank you for everything, for taking me in and raising me as your own. I will make you proud my mother and I will come back soon I promise." With that he turned and picked up a small object off the table.

As they set off Eldor passed Brakkus a small pouch " the salt you requested" and carried on passed to the front of the group.

Looking over his shoulder he spoke up loud enough for all to hear. " I will keep the pace quite fast for the first few hours then we can rest a little before going on again. I wish to be under roof at the inn by dusk. No need to tempt fate by being out after dark especially in this area." with that he shouldered his bow again and set off through the woods.
Brakkus the Hermit
 player, 56 posts
 Wild-eyed Mystic
Wed 6 May 2009
at 10:53
Re: 03: Northward bound
Brakkus thanks Eldor for the salt, and it is only later on, when he first opens his pack, that he notices he does not have any rations! Brakkus had meant to buy some food from the inn but must have forgotten in all the excitement.

Cursing his elderly memory and his rumbling stomach, Brakkus keeps his eye open for game or spoor, looking for something to hunt.
Brejgun Kregnason
 player, 28 posts
Wed 6 May 2009
at 12:57
Re: 03: Northward bound
Seeing the others gathering up provisions and making ready, Brejgun realises that there is an issue that he has not adressed.

"The events that led me here yesterday involved a run-in with brigands. I was able to get myself away, but my travelling kit was lost. I was able to rescue my purse, though, and I shall pay for any provisions that might be to spare for a traveller around here ...?". Brejguns eyes goes to the old woman and her elven son.

OOC: 08:34, Yesterday: Brejgun Kregnason rolled 6,12 using 2d10,2d10. GM requested 2d10 rolls.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:35, Mon 21 Sept 2009.

Beren Sigilchyr
 player, 68 posts
 Sorcerer
Wed 6 May 2009
at 17:00
Re: 03: Northward bound
Beren thanked the old woman for the food, leaving enough for his companions if they had not brought provisions, and prepared his haversack, before following the party, trying to keep a middle position - neither at the back or front.

[OOC:18:59, Today: Beren Sigilchyr rolled 13 using 2d10.
18:59, Today: Beren Sigilchyr rolled 13 using 2d10

That's regularity for you. Alas I have only one stat above 13...]

Brakkus the Hermit
 player, 57 posts
 Wild-eyed Mystic
Wed 6 May 2009
at 17:30
Re: 03: Northward bound
19:29, Today: Brakkus the Hermit rolled 15 using 2d10.
19:29, Today: Brakkus the Hermit rolled 9 using 2d10. 

GM2
Wed 6 May 2009
at 18:32
Re: 03: Northward bound
[ooc: still need rolls (not roles, sorry for my earlier spelling) from Brejgun and Eldor]

[Beren: don't worry: in your case I will use the cube root of your rolls - not!]

Can I assume you head northwards on the road, such as it is?
Eldor Leaf-fall
 player, 47 posts
Thu 7 May 2009
at 06:50
Re: 03: Northward bound
Eldor kept to the path out of the clearing not once turning back to look at his home. With a heavy heart he guided the group on into the depths of the forest keeping an eye out for signs of danger.
GM2
Thu 7 May 2009
at 17:26
Re: 03: Northward bound
[Guys: please read carefully the last post of thread 02.  You have walked through the forest and are now looking down on the main road north to Beltayn.  You are NOT still in the clearing.  Actions please.]
GM2
Sat 9 May 2009
at 13:05
Re: 03: Northward bound
[Right I will assume everyone is heading north on the road, since I got no replies.  South would take you back to the village where you started.  If anyone wants to break out across country, or walk in a particular formation, just RP it.]

After a few minutes you note that the road is silent and there seems to be no-one observing your arrival.  You descend from the trees and start moving northward along the road, into the open country.  Despite the poor state of the track, and the occasional patch of mud, you are all seasoned travellers and soon pick up a decent pace.

A few clouds appear in the sky but not enough to threaten rain.  The land on either side of the road is lumpy and you can often see bogs and the occasional wizened little thorn tree.  You can see for a fair distance in either direction and see no living thing except for the ocasional bird.

By the time the sun has passed its zenith you are all feeling the strain in your legs.

[Anyone want to stop for lunch?]
Sir Adonis Campbell
 player, 71 posts
 The wheel is spinning
 but the hamster has died.
Sat 9 May 2009
at 16:00
Re: 03: Northward bound

 Contrary to the opinions of most people who have never worn it, plate armour - even the old-fashioned plate-and-mail that Sir Campbell is wearing - is surprisingly unencumbering. Heavy yes, but better distributed than a pack or other burden. On the other hand between the padding that underlies it and the impenetrable steel that makes it up it's warm - then it's hot, sticky and uncomfortable.

 None of which Sir Campbell comments on as he marches along in reasonably good spirits, having learned from an early age how shameful it is to go paying attention to the bodies complaints when there's work afoot.

 He chatters intermittently about hunting this beast or that (apparently he's particularly fond of boar hunts, which explain his being accustomed to hiking) and generally tries to keep spirits up as the group crosses the bleak moorland - but he for one shows no signs of calling a halt for his own sake.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:00, Sat 09 May 2009.

Eldor Leaf-fall
 player, 48 posts
Sat 9 May 2009
at 18:58
Re: 03: Northward bound
Eldor holds up his hand from his position at the front of the group.

"May I suggest a short rest to take food and water before heading onwards." As he walks off the track and into a slightly sheltered dip.

As he passes by Sir Adonis he stops for a moment to talk. " Sir Adonis may I speak a moment? I have travelled these roads before and am uncomfortable at not seeing other travellers upon the track."

He looked up and down the road as he spoke " On all my last ventures on this track I passed a number off people before ever reaching this spot. This is a well travelled route for merchants. Do you not think it strange that we have passed none so far."
Beren Sigilchyr
 player, 69 posts
 Sorcerer
Sat 9 May 2009
at 23:08
Re: 03: Northward bound
Beren was not accustomed to long walks yet, his short leg straining to support his weight after hours of walking. Unwanting to appear weak, he was nonetheless tempted to beg for a pause. Eldor spared him the need to.

Resting against a tree, trying not to pant too loudly, he looked around, worried by Eldor's words.