Festival of Journeys - In the Air.   Posted by First Headmistress.Group: 0
First Headmistress
 GM, 863 posts
 Academy Founder
 Main Storyteller
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 06:45
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
Theater Ship Harlequin

"That was... startling indeed!" says Dania, fluttering her fan as if to cool herself down. Even Cainus is distracted by Goldfinch's extravagant finish, Pebbles' near-death plunge and the spectacular end of the Expert races, which leaves the Deadly Sidewinder Canyon full of broken and malfunctioning machinery. The cleanup duty will be daunting.

She addresses Comet, "Oh, we'll see the Captain in good time. He will be in a fine mood now that his favorite has won." Then to Liarra she says, "Good to meet you, Miss Shadesong, my name is Dania. If you don't mind, we will all go to meet our Captain, Brazen Emerald. It will not be long, he simply likes to know everyone who steps foot on his ship. Whether invited or not," she says with a wink, and starts veering Liarra and Comet away from Cainus before he can remember his duty.

Captain Emerald is still seated on the throne set up for him on the rear deck. He is a handsome man with hair the color of autumn leaves, laughing and smiling broadly as he recounts some moments of the recent races. "That girl, Five White Pebbles, she might have wrecked many a bet this afternoon," he remarks to some of the people gathered to speak with him, chuckling over his goblet of wine. "Though it is tragic, even I am not so cruel to be pleased that a young lady was so grievously hurt... oh, what do we have here? Dania?" Brazen Emerald, an obvious Wood Terrestrial in somewhat rumpled green and white finery, glances from the masked lady to the two young and (at least in Liarra's case) somewhat ill dressed students.

Dania gestures to the two to introduce them. "This is Comet and Liarra Shadesong. You asked about the former, and the latter... well, Cainus found her wandering about."

"Ha! I see. I can be persuaded to look away for now, Comet, Liarra, but next time I hope you'll pay properly; I run a tight ship." It's uncertain whether Brazen Emerald is even aware the two are Exalted in any way. "I hope you have enjoyed the Harlequin thus far," the Captain adds more mildly, watching the two with eyes as green as spring leaves.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:33, Wed 21 Oct 2009.

First Headmistress
 GM, 864 posts
 Academy Founder
 Main Storyteller
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 08:18
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
Unexpected casualty aside, the Races are now over and Sultan Aqil-al-Hezbah is not one to shirk on his announcing duties.

"The Festival of Journeys Races are now concluded!" the Air Dragon proclaims, followed by a reading of the final Medium and Expert race standings by his cloud person subordinates. "First prize winners are awarded the personal favor of Vanileth, Shogun of Artificial Flight." (OOC: This is equivalent of a Favor from a 5-point Ally, to be discussed when you meet with Vanileth later. The scale of this favor depends on whether you are a Medium or Expert winner, and how well you get along with Vanileth upon interacting with him.)

"Second prize offers you a chance to broaden your connections and opportunities. We of the Emporium of Aerial Conveyance are well connected among artifact crafters and sellers, and we will extend that favor to you." (OOC: This is essentially a +1 Panoply increase, up to a max of 4 for Medium Race winners, up to a max of 5 for Expert Race winners. You may also request a Backing or Connections Background for the Emporium, Avalle Factory-Cathedrals, Salk Fields Shipyards, or other Northern business related to the construction or distribution of Flight Artifacts. If you already have high Panoply, an Ally related to the same can be considered.)

"Third prize is a commission for a new, or upgraded flight artifact by the Emporium of Aerial Conveyance. If Artifacts do not interest you, we may grant you the service of one or more Elementals in the Emporium's employ, or a simple money prize." (OOC: This is a custom flight Artifact of level 3-4 for Medium, 4 or possibly 5 for Expert. The alternate choice gives an equivalent level of Air Elemental or Bird of Vanileth Henchmen that will remain loyal to you as long as you don't mistreat them. The money prize counts as temporary Wealth, allowing you to bank an Artifact purchase of ANY type, or buy several items that add up to that Artifact's equivalent Wealth.)

"Congratulations are in order," says Aqil-al-Hezbah, apparently quite pleased, despite the fact his business is basically giving things away. They must have made quite the profit during the Festival. "Please come forward to discuss the details of your prize, or if you prefer, we may contact you via I AM at a later date."

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:42, Wed 21 Oct 2009.

Desus
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 08:18
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
As Aqil-al-Hezbah finishes reading off the prizes, Desus leaps off from the Expert finish platform with his Clockwork Simhata, and approaches the venerable Air Dragon. A whispered conversation passes between them, leading to looks of surprise on the faces of the cloud elementals in earshot. Then Desus abruptly turns away from the group of them, returning to the other Expert racers.

"Good for you, Marek, you got close enough I felt you breathing down my neck," he remarks casually to the Professor, smiling at him broadly, then looks to Wave and Idiori. "And I'd like to see you two race with artifacts that could match ours. See to it that you obtain them."

"We may see each other tonight, if you've been invited. Farewell." And with that the Eclipse Caste is off, winging his way back to the First Rule of Conquest to prepare for the evening banquet.
First Headmistress
 GM, 865 posts
 Academy Founder
 Main Storyteller
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 09:18
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
For many of the ordinary folk, the end of the Races means the end of the Festival. Balconies and sky bridges start to clear of people as they head to the ground level, possibly to make a last pass at the Festival market as it closes up shop, or to find a pub or bar to continue the celebration indoors.

Many airships remain serenely afloat as the sun descends toward the horizon, hosting private parties for Terrestrials or well-to-do mortals. Several more begin to drift back toward their landing platforms, or (once their Exalted lords and ladies return) change heading toward the direction of the Palace of the Founders.

Chief among the vessels headed to the Palace is the ivory-and-gilded White Queen II, throwing an impressive shadow over the festival grounds as she carries Princess Sophia, Shogun Vanileth and the rest of her entourage. Sophia's airship leads a procession toward the evening banquet, flanked by two Firdaus battleships, the crimson-hued Blood Lance and the forbiddingly obsidian Blackbird. Lord-Captain Anansi's beloved Invierna appears to be preparing to follow, as well.
Rajha
 player, 318 posts
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 09:50
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
Rajha barely noticed the commotion around Five White Pebbles, she was so exhausted from the effort of the race, and was huffing and puffing on her knees. The place awards went through her head, but didn't click until she looked up at the standing boards. Goldfinch...Atmadja...wait, was that her?

Only then did she see the disqualifications, and looked back at Pebbles' landing point, only to wince at the medics and Edged Blossom standing around her. "Oh no," she murmured, and tried to reactivate her wings to fly over...and failed, as she simply didn't have the Essence to fly another inch. Still, Pebbles looked like she was in good hands and on another platform. She'd make sure to talk to her later to make sure she was alright.

Rajha came back to her feet, shook her head briefly to clear it, and began walking towards Aqil al-Hezbah. "Um. I'm not very familiar with the specifics of artifacts, but I know I want a new artifact. Can you direct me to the Emporium's people so I can look over what I'll be getting?"
First Headmistress
 GM, 869 posts
 Academy Founder
 Main Storyteller
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 10:37
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
The Air Dragon blinks down at Rajha over his massive snout, and nods his whiskered head. "Of course, they are at the same booth at which you obtained your wings." After noticing Rajha's wings have, in fact, sputtered out and are no longer glowing, he lets out a chuckle that sends a blast of warm vaguely tingly air her way. "Ah, you have expended yourself. Then I shall transport you there myself."

And Aqil-al-Hezbah does just that. Being picked up and dropped off by a large Terrestrial spirit is an odd feeling for one unused to it, but also rather convenient. Rajha very soon finds herself at the Emporium's tents, where one of the ubiquitous helpful cloud people smiles and waves her inside.

"Congratulations on your win," says the cloud spirit that greeted Rajha, a female with bells in her hair. Another air elemental floats nearby with arms crossed; given the tools at his belt he is probably one of the crafters. "You are interested in a custom artifact, then? Though you could request a standard design if you wish, the prize you have been offered allows you to order something designed to your preferences."

"Our specialty, as you know, are artifacts that provide artificial flight," the crafter-elemental picks up from there. "Do you have any idea what other capabilities you would desire? You may perhaps use a factory-made artifact as a basis, to make something truly unique."
Rajha
 player, 319 posts
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 11:37
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
Rajha considered for a moment. "Well, I want something about like what Pebbles was using...but you know, a long cape gets in the way of moving freely on land. Maybe something like Marek's machine has on it?" She pantomimed the extending wings. "A harness like these pinions, with the wings extending from it."

After working with the artificer for a bit (and discussing with a more poetic and airheaded saleselemental to get a name), she thought she had something down.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:37, Wed 21 Oct 2009.

Wave Crashes Against The Rocks
 player, 317 posts
 Warrior Queen
 Dawn Caste
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 17:25
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
The feeling of Vanileth watching over her hadn't incited the worry in Wave it should have during the race. She'd die before she let any god put fear into her and so it came as something of a surprise as she steeled herself that he wasn't doing it out of malice for lagging so far behind but a sense of approval at her methods, something that the crowd seemed to share. She felt a little bit better knowing that the victory won here was minor and would soon be forgotten, but they'd remember how she'd played.

Wave let out a sigh of relief as the race order becomes clear none the less, Third place. Coming last would have been painful no matter the display she put on and she'd have to improve. In truth, if she'd ever been realistic in her aims she'd have known it was the best placing she could have hoped for with only a week of training and a store bought artifact. It had held up well enough, but the league she'd entered demanded better and though she'd had a lesson in why age mattered, she still wasn't done trying to excel over her betters quite yet.

Accepting defeat with a smile and all the grace she could muster, Wave couldn't fault Desus on his words. It was a brief acknowledgement of potential talent but he'd taken notice of it and more importantly her. When it came to exalts that old, not to mention that famous, it was a good first impression to make. He was off before she could even get in a reply, far too busy to hang about talking and she realized that while not very much else, they at least had that in common.

Other matters would just have to wait though, she wanted to set things here to rest. Giving Marek a polite bow of respect, she turns to Idiori and does the same. "You really did make me fight for that, how you managed to try fend me off was impressive." she says to Idiori, honestly meaning it "If not for a little luck on my part I think the outcome would have been different. Tell me, are you going to the Banquet as well?"
Professor Marek Uthar
 player, 514 posts
 Twilight Solar
 Sorcerer-Engineer
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 17:32
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
- "Good race Wave, just arriving at the end line in this course is an acomplishment few could match at your age and you did good with the equipement you had, let me know when you have a Royal Warstrider and I'll give you wings for it, so the next time is more fun. I guess I still have to train more, and learn some Charms since I didn't knew any that could help me in the race." Said Marek to Wave, who was already talking to the other racer. "And who might you be beautiful lady? You also managed to reach the end so I have to congratulate you."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:34, Wed 21 Oct 2009.

Idiori
 player, 3 posts
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 18:15
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
As the final standing and various announcements are read, Idiori pushes up her goggles and unbuttons her flight jacket. She shrugs it off her shoulders and tying it back around her waist. She lets her hair loose from its bindings, the damp golden-brown waves tumbling down nearly to her waist. Then she picks up her moonsilver Windblade and tucks it in a compact form under her arm.

Watching her, one gets the feeling this is a typical ritual for her. Putting on the trappings of the hunter and rider one by one, then at the end of the day taking them back off, becoming once again the amiable, easygoing woman she is underneath.

"I'm not sure I did that well at fending you off, Wave, as much as trying to avoid the destruction in your wake," Idiori says with a laugh at Wave's comment to her. She seems to be taking her last place position well enough. "I wouldn't want to go head to head with you. Now indirectly with a field advantage and some well-placed cover..." Idiori doesn't finish the sentence, just grins. "It was honestly a pleasure to compete with you, though. It reminded me how much I have left to learn. I'm great at hunting animals, but keeping up with Exalts? I'll need a lot more training yet."

Turning to Marek she sticks a gloved hand out in introduction. "My name's Idiori, I'm a hunter from Tamar-Kas. And Chosen of Luna, though honestly that part I'm still adjusting to. And thanks for the compliment, I'm just glad to know my eyebrows are still intact. You folks are the real stars."

She pats her brows, just to make sure they're still there, then addresses the matter of the banquet. "Honestly, I hadn't a clue there even was a Banquet. So it's some sort of exclusive thing? I just got here, honestly, so I doubt I'd have an invitation." Idiori seems completely unconcerned about whether she has one or not.
Professor Marek Uthar
 player, 515 posts
 Twilight Solar
 Sorcerer-Engineer
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 18:32
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
- "I did knew about the banquet but with the parade and the race I felt it would be too much if I also went to the banquet so I never sent any message to Princess Sophia. Keeping with Desus exausted almost all the essence I had left after the presentation to Lord Vanileth. But enough of that. I presume you are a new arrival at Anthenegia since I haven't seen you before, and I can also presume you have been Exalted only recently since I haven't seen you in the last Lunar gathering I participated. I'm Marek, Professor of Sorcery and Engineering."
Wave Crashes Against The Rocks
 player, 318 posts
 Warrior Queen
 Dawn Caste
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 20:53
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
"I'll do that Professor Marek" says Wave in response to his offer "Although it may be some time before I'm extended that level of trust with siege weapons. Reaching the end wasn't the difficult part, it was doing it in a good time. I forgot the importance of thorough preparation and suffered for it, but at least it's given me insight into where to improve"

She looks back down at the still smoking wrecks and can't help a wry smile "I just didn't want to turn and slow down in this case. Perhaps I did waste a bit too much time there, although I never even realised it'd slow down those behind me. Something to remember for next time "

Checking her resplendent assistant she sighs and turns to Idiori "Sadly it may well be a little late to join in yourself, usually I'd say it was a trivial matter not having an invite but in this case Sophia is hosting and she's not someone I'd want to inconvenience. I've already committed myself to being there, so sadly I should be going. I do look forward to speaking more though, I'll see you around the school and I'll try arrange a meeting by I AM for a few games of Go and some talk. There's few martial minded students so far that I've found, it'll be a welcome change to have another to talk too. Thank you both for sharing the field with me, we'll meet again."

As a parting word it had a strong sense of inevitability about it, as if because she'd said so Creation wasn't allowed to prove her wrong. Wave paces away to have a small aside with an air elemental before she leaves the platform, explaining that she'll be in contact with the Emporium after the banquet to put ideas for her prize into motion if anyone was still awake to listen. If there was going to be a delay on her end then she'd send word by I AM and arrange a new time. With the matter quickly settled she flexes her wings and takes off to the skies accompanied by the fading glow of white light around her as the residue of the race slowly wears off. A few preparations for the banquet left to complete she goes with all speed to attend to them, hopefully without the pitfalls this time.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:30, Wed 21 Oct 2009.

Goldfinch Altair
 player, 306 posts
 Crowned Sun
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 05:39
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
The Windblade hums, and banks to a stop besides the medical transport, carrying a rather worried Goldfinch atop it. Second time I shot someone in the past two weeks. Hope it's not turning into a habit. Well, at least this time he didn't cause bloody wounds as part of his rescue--that had to be a bonus of sorts.

Also, trick arrows. You need to buy trick arrows. They couldn't be that expensive, and Anthegenia was milling with magitech artisans...

But not right now, hm?

"Blossom? Is she going to be alright?" With one arm, he scooped up the cloak where it'd been removed from Pebbles' wing harness, throwing it over one shoulder like a voluminous towel. "Sol's light, thank the gods you were close enough to catch her. A little bit further and..." Back into the asteroid clouds, getting hit by massive rocks in every direction...

Right. Let's not complete that sentence, shall we?
Comet
 player, 328 posts
 Age: 18, farm boy
 App 2, Cha 3
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 05:51
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
First Headmistress:
Theater Ship Harlequin

"That was... startling indeed!" says Dania, fluttering her fan as if to cool herself down. Even Cainus is distracted by Goldfinch's extravagant finish, Pebbles' near-death plunge and the spectacular end of the Expert races, which leaves the Deadly Sidewinder Canyon full of broken and malfunctioning machinery. The cleanup duty will be daunting.

She addresses Comet, "Oh, we'll see the Captain in good time. He will be in a fine mood now that his favorite has won." Then to Liarra she says, "Good to meet you, Miss Shadesong, my name is Dania. If you don't mind, we will all go to meet our Captain, Brazen Emerald. It will not be long, he simply likes to know everyone who steps foot on his ship. Whether invited or not," she says with a wink, and starts veering Liarra and Comet away from Cainus before he can remember his duty.

Captain Emerald is still seated on the throne set up for him on the rear deck. He is a handsome man with hair the color of autumn leaves, laughing and smiling broadly as he recounts some moments of the recent races. "That girl, Five White Pebbles, she might have wrecked many a bet this afternoon," he remarks to some of the people gathered to speak with him, chuckling over his goblet of wine. "Though it is tragic, even I am not so cruel to be pleased that a young lady was so grievously hurt... oh, what do we have here? Dania?" Brazen Emerald, an obvious Wood Terrestrial in somewhat rumpled green and white finery, glances from the masked lady to the two young and (at least in Liarra's case) somewhat ill dressed students.

Dania gestures to the two to introduce them. "This is Comet and Liarra Shadesong. You asked about the former, and the latter... well, Cainus found her wandering about."

"Ha! I see. I can be persuaded to look away for now, Comet, Liarra, but next time I hope you'll pay properly; I run a tight ship." It's uncertain whether Brazen Emerald is even aware the two are Exalted in any way. "I hope you have enjoyed the Harlequin thus far," the Captain adds more mildly, watching the two with eyes as green as spring leaves.


Comet bows to the captain and while smiling he replies; "Yes sir, you have quite fine ship here. Although this is out my usual preferred taste of quality what I am used to but your ship was departing in good time to see start of the race and other ship was delayed by a lot because of long line. Your ship was departing when I arrived landing platform so I took iniative to hop in, but I did plan pay once I am onboard. I hope this covers my and lady Liarra's ride." Comet takes out from his vest pocket hard mote which Dianora had given to him, showing it to the captain while waiting his answer.
Liarra Shadesong
 player, 7 posts
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 15:38
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
Liarra blushes a deep scarlet before the captain.  Bowing her head, she looks into those leaf-green eyes, "Yes, Captain Emerald Sir.  I'll make extra effort to remember that for the next time I come aboard your magnificent airship."

She marvels at Comet as he so generously offers to make restitution for her.  Liarra shuffles her feet kind of nervously, but otherwise holds no objections to his request.  Very rarely does she find herself the subject of such direct scrutiny, and it's made her more than a little uncomfortable it seems.
First Headmistress
 GM, 874 posts
 Academy Founder
 Main Storyteller
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 20:30
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
Caduceus Medical Transport

Doctor Akio allows Goldfinch to reclaim his cloak and arrows, raising a somewhat bemused eyebrow. He'd been there when Goldfinch did a similar trick on Crewman Reis from the Lazuli. Unfortunately, he is much too busy ensuring Pebbles is transported safely to make much of a comment in that direction.

Meanwhile, Blossom looks at Goldfinch with an odd mix of worry and confusion. "Oh... oh they said she'd be fine. They have Wound Mending Needles, over in the Medical Center, though if she weren't Exalted they said she'd be squished like a bug... But I was so scared! I just saw her fall, and something snapped..." A small shudder goes through the auburn haired girl's body.

Sweet Briar, Akio's Terrestrial assistant, says gently, "She'll be up and about soon. If you wish to accompany her to the hospital, you can."

Pebbles has been transferred to the gliding chariot now, laid down on a proper stretcher with Akio attending personally. The rear doors remain open for a time, just in case Blossom or Goldfinch (or anyone else concerned over Pebbles' health!) will take on Briar's offer.

Theater Ship Harlequin

Brazen Emerald's eyebrows raise sharply when Comet pulls out the Hard Mote. He puts down his glass of wine, suddenly serious. "By gods, you're one of Dianora's men. Impressive. Dania, you'll take care of the accounting won't you, dear?"

Dania, meanwhile, is gaping like a fish out of water, and finally the woman with the sequined mask has the presence of mind to nod. "I-it was good to meet you both!" she says quickly, curtsying deeply to Comet, to Liarra, and then to Comet again. "Have a good rest of the Festival!" Then she heads into the crowd, no longer dancing or lingering, but lifting her skirts to hurry below deck.

"What's the rush, honey?" someone calls out to her, but Dania doesn't even pause, completely focused on her task.

"There. That should take care of everything. Though I would hope the Lady Dianora would send prior warning next time, I would have loved to be better prepared for the arrival of her good friends," Captain Emerald says apologetically, addressing both Comet and Liarra. "Be that as it may, are you headed elsewhere? The Harlequin is prepared to bring you wherever you need."

Emporium of Aerial Conveyance

"That is a worthy beginning," says the craft-elemental, "and basing on previous designs, as I suggested, allows us to save some time in the crafting process. Let us see where we can go from there with this concept."

Rajha spends the better part of an hour discussing with the elementals at the Emporium the details of her new, custom wings. The cloud person with bells in her hair makes tidy notes on materials required, gods that will need petitioning and Exalts whose aid may be enlisted to expedite the alteration. The craft-elemental sketches elaborate diagrams to illustrate the features and details Rajha has requested.

Finally, a rough blueprint has been formed, a list of specifications confirmed, and several more spirit and elemental aides have checked over and given their own suggestions in turn. At the conclusion, the bell-haired one says, "I believe it may still take a week or two for the construction. We will use the wings you have now as a base, if you do not mind. There is a shuttle nearby this platform that should take you where you need to go."

"We will send correspondence to you to let you know the progress and time of delivery." With that all the gathered elementals greet Rajha farewell with a simultaneous bow.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:14, Fri 23 Oct 2009.

Goldfinch Altair
 player, 308 posts
 Crowned Sun
Fri 23 Oct 2009
at 02:25
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
"Blossom. Don't worry. Anthegenia here has some of the finest doctors in all Creation, and more besides; hjhow else could it be teaching us wannabe Solars, hm? I daresay that Lord Akio here has already forgotten five times as much as most doctors ever know, and the good doctor never forgets anything unless it's long obsolete." He gave the older Exalt a wry smile, and added, "Probably not even then."

"So, if... ah, Sweet Brair, is it? If the Lady Brair says she'll be fine, she will be, and nothing in either Heaven nor Earth will dare contradict her words. Its what we silly Solars do, isn't it? And the thing to remember in all this is that--you did save her. She's here, she's alive, and very soon, she'll be perfectly fine in both body and soul. Everything else is a lost possibility that did not happen, so just forget about them, alright? You're a Solar too, and you reached out and said she will not fall," the last words coming out in a rough approximation of Blossom's own voice, "and lo! here she is. So everything's fine now, and all we have to do is to go see her, and wait for her to wake up, ok?" He placed his hands on her shoulders, and gently pushed her towards the waiting chariot. "So come on. I'm sure she'll want to see her saviour when she wakes."
Idiori
 player, 4 posts
Fri 23 Oct 2009
at 02:42
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
"Well, have fun, Wave. I'll be sure to link up with you later, I'm sure we've got plenty to talk about over a few friendly games." Idiori looks a little disappointed they can't talk longer, but satisfies herself by watching Wave fly off, with an appreciative look for her beauty and form.

Afterward she turns back to Marek, so as not to be rude. "Well, nice to meet you Professor, but I'm thinking I'd like to head down to unwind." Idiori stifles a yawn, stretches fitfully, then lets her Windblade go so that it drifts down toward the level of her feet. Stepping on, she gives a last salute to Aqil-al-Hezbah and anyone else still on the platform, and slowly drifts back down to ground level.

Surely there'd be a nice pub or restaurant for her to drink and dine in peace, before finding her way to her apartment for the night.
Liarra Shadesong
 player, 11 posts
Fri 23 Oct 2009
at 03:55
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
Liarra.. isn't quite sure what to make of the last few moments.  She bows her head respectfully to the Captain, leaning close to Comet to whisper, "I'm not quite sure who this Lady Dianora is, but you have my thanks for covering my passage."  She looks up at the captain, keeping herself close to Comet.  She smiles pleasantly, continuing, "Dear Captain, while I couldn't possibly speak for my friend here, I must admit that I should be making my way to the academy now.  With the races over, and Onesday approaching rapidly, I should really go buckle down on my registration for tomorrow morning.  I would much like, once again, to thank you for such grand hospitality.  I do look forward to my next trip aboard the Harlequin."</b>
First Headmistress
 GM, 876 posts
 Academy Founder
 Main Storyteller
Fri 23 Oct 2009
at 05:08
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
Caduceus Medical Transport

Goldfinch's words seem to have a soothing effect on the excitable Dawn Caste. Either that or he's just that convincing a speaker (of course he is). "You're right... I'll go and stay with her. And I wouldn't dare question the skill of Anthegenian medicine! So she'll be fine. Okay. Good!" Deep breath in, deep breath out.

As Edged Blossom ducks into the chariot with Sweet Briar, holding her Windblade in daiklave form, she turns back one last time to say, "Thanks a lot, Goldfinch. You're a good person, and you totally deserve that first prize. Oh and hey, I may be in town a little longer! But if not, come to Deheleshen some time, so I have someone to talk to besides White Crane babbling in my ear all day. Bureaucracy this, etiquette that... oops! I think we're moving now! Bye...!"

The rear doors of the transport close. As it starts floating away toward the Medical Center, Goldfinch can see Blossom sitting next to Akio at Five White Pebbles' side, holding her hand while the Doctor's caste mark continues to glow.

Theater Ship Harlequin

"Oh, I do wish it could have lasted longer, but it is getting late for a young student. Even one who is blessed by the Incarna. Color me surprised a second time, I had not pegged you as an Academy student," Captain Emerald says ruefully, intrigued by the latest new discovery. "I do not know when the Harlequin will visit this fair city next, but feel free to come find us when we do."

He gives a command to the pilot to maneuver the ship toward the Academy (which, fortunately, is on the way to the Palace of the Founders). An announcement is given to the other celebrating passengers to expect the brief drop in altitude. "We'll drop you off at the Grand Courtyard, that should put you close enough to your dorm, Liarra."

Then the Wood Terrestrial in the green coat and cravat glances at Comet again. "Will you be leaving the ship with her, or would another location be suitable?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:15, Fri 23 Oct 2009.

Goldfinch Altair
 player, 309 posts
 Crowned Sun
Fri 23 Oct 2009
at 05:17
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
...well, that settles that. Bit of him still worried that Pebbles' wasn't quite as--no, hush, you stop it, you just talked Blossom down from a wild panic, and you most definitely not allowed to start one yourself.  That's be... silly. And probably ironic, in all the wrong ways. Besides, (an this one pressed on him, a little), you had someplace to be, and someone waiting for you.

(It seemed... odd, in a way. Just a little while ago, he'd been running a race; now, well... it seemed like it was time to go, for awhile, and show back up at the banquet in time. Anti-climactic? Perhaps that was the word; there'd been the feeling of, of being a hero, and now everyone was heading home.)

But, hey, he'd done some good in between; and that in itself felt like enough. Probably.

Cloak swirling, he turned and headed back... home.
Rajha
 player, 324 posts
Fri 23 Oct 2009
at 08:27
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
Rajha stripped off her Phoenix Pinions, then bowed in turn and took the shuttle back down to the dorms. She would have time to rest and change for the banquet...especially some rest...

This message was last edited by the player at 08:27, Fri 23 Oct 2009.

Comet
 player, 329 posts
 Age: 18, farm boy
 App 2, Cha 3
Fri 23 Oct 2009
at 09:54
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
First Headmistress:
Theater Ship Harlequin

"Oh, I do wish it could have lasted longer, but it is getting late for a young student. Even one who is blessed by the Incarna. Color me surprised a second time, I had not pegged you as an Academy student," Captain Emerald says ruefully, intrigued by the latest new discovery. "I do not know when the Harlequin will visit this fair city next, but feel free to come find us when we do."

He gives a command to the pilot to maneuver the ship toward the Academy (which, fortunately, is on the way to the Palace of the Founders). An announcement is given to the other celebrating passengers to expect the brief drop in altitude. "We'll drop you off at the Grand Courtyard, that should put you close enough to your dorm, Liarra."

Then the Wood Terrestrial in the green coat and cravat glances at Comet again. "Will you be leaving the ship with her, or would another location be suitable?"


Comet was bit shocked from reactions of folks when he pulled out the hard mote, soon realizing besides wealth what the mote carries it also bears reputation of Dianora with it! Knowing her 'businesses' he takes it is more intimidation factor than pleasant reputation Comet quickly speaks to the captain; "Oh, no need make big rush out from it. I just came to this ship random and just hopped in quickest ride I could get." Comet was not sure what to make to captain's assumptions regarding Comet's relation to Dianora. As Comet is not completely sure yet what make of it. Although it obviously bears some 'benefits' but Comet dislikes take advantage of someone such manner. When Liarra is dropped on academy Comet replies; "Although I am student also but I need pick up my banquet clothes from Thalia, the Eminent Weaver shop. Then go back here on academy on the Grand Foyer."
First Headmistress
 GM, 882 posts
 Academy Founder
 Main Storyteller
Sat 24 Oct 2009
at 19:07
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
Theater Ship Harlequin

"An outfit from Thalia's! What am I saying, I should know better than to be surprised by you now. Though I am pleased you thought this vessel at least swift enough for your purposes."

Again Captain Emerald rubs his chin thoughtfully, considering Comet's needs. "I've an even better idea, I will send a message straight to Thalia's shop, and have them send someone to deliver it straight here. So you can change while we land for Miss Liarra here."

The entirety is arranged very easily with the help of I AM. Liarra is dropped off first at the Academy, followed by many well-wishes from Emerald and others, and the flying servitor from Perfect Opal comes bearing Comet's shimmering white gold outfit. A room is set aside for Comet to change in.

When he is done, the Harlequin makes its way to the Palace of the Founders. Before Comet disembarks, Brazen Emerald says carefully and rather formally, "I do hope you'll put in a good word for me to Lady Dianora. We are all most respectful of her at the Harlequin, and mindful of the influence she wields."

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:08, Sat 24 Oct 2009.

Comet
 player, 330 posts
 Age: 18, farm boy
 App 2, Cha 3
Sun 25 Oct 2009
at 09:23
Re: Festival of Journeys - In the Air
Comet nods to the captain and replies; "I will Captain, good journeys and winds for you." Comet then waits ship close in to the grand Foyer close enough he can leap down the rest of the distance safely, waving to the crew after he has safely landed.

<Moving to Grand Foyer>