Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion.   Posted by First Headmistress.Group: 0
Radiant Horizon
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 08:23
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
"Hah! There should be no reason for battle now," General Horizon agrees, nodding sharply. She carries her visored helmet at her side, now, her golden hair flowing free in wheat-hued waves. Her eyes, up close, are a pale and piercing blue. "It would be a waste to release Relentless Pursuit of Glory onto this happy celebration."

Perhaps through some shared connection, the perched thousand-forged dragon hears its name and lets out a proud, resounding call.

She shrugs dismissively at Peregrine's mention of the veiled Lunar. Though Horizon has not missed the glances she certainly has not returned them, but for the very first look. "You and I are both renowned enough to have many admirers. Even if I knew him, I've greater matters to attend to. One is not pulled away from guardianship of the greatest weapon of Creation to entertain youthful attention."

"Now if you would excuse me, Peregrine." The General nods politely and steps away, though not before turning to Lilith, remembering a previous request. "Ah, yes. I would be pleased to entertain a duel with you on a later date. Though not today."

Radiant Horizon's hard booted footsteps cross the Pavilion to speak with Sophia, seizing the opportunity now that that her chat with Vanileth has been interrupted by Clematis' awkward re-entry.
Anansi and Joyous Bat
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 08:52
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
"Hey, whatever suits you," says Anansi with an easy smile and a shrug. Joyous Bat looks immensely relieved, and nods approvingly toward Truth. "If only you were half so wise in your youth, Anansi."

"If I were half so wise, my friend, I would not have learned half the lessons I have. I've been tempered by my mistakes - I think that in itself is wisdom, at least in hindsight."

"Whatever you say, man, whatever you say." Joyous Bat chuckles, and sips his drink - his second one, after the glass of wine Truth gave him earlier. His eyes wander a bit, not watching Horizon's movements, but rather lingering on his wife. Virtuous Jacinth is, for the moment, engaged in a lengthy and (judging from their reactions) thrilling conversation with Amayana of Luthe.

Anansi, meanwhile, continues to engage Truth in conversation. "So, Evident Truth, will you be at the Banquet this evening?"
Professor Thalia
 player, 15 posts
 The Eminent Weaver
 Solar Lightning
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 14:51
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
"Ah, I have not done much work with the blending of magical materials, only the very smallest of pieces.  Constructing a staff of that nature is quite impressive and I must congratulate you.  Most of my own work involves blends of less exalted materials, especially those less considered," she speaks with modesty.  It was something she was renown across Creation for, the clothing she was wearing at the moment and the wings she had flown in on just a few examples of her art.

"I had not heard of such a thing," Thalia said as he spoke of his essence engine designs.  "But I rarely get commissions for large creations such as airships, so I must confess I don't always keep entirely up to date with the leading edge of developments.  I would be interested in seeing your designs though, or at least seeing them in operation."
Evident Truth
 player, 41 posts
 Appearance ???
 Full Moon Lunar
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 16:01
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
"My sister and I will be attending the Banquet Lord-Captain. I recognize some frivolity and pomp might be a welcome change from the intense study and rehabilitation my sibling and I went through before, and intend to enjoy the Festival to its fullest."
Professor Marek Uthar
 player, 482 posts
 Twilight Solar
 Sorcerer-Engineer
Mon 12 Oct 2009
at 17:23
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
- "Artifacts of the Sky are my specialty, even when I was unExalted I always dreamed to be up there, so when I was Chosen as one of the Twilight I knew what I wanted to do and devoted fifty years learning all I needed so I could create artifacts of flight. But I also learned how to create many other kinds of artifacts that became interesting for me while I was learning." He took a sphere from one of the pockets of his Orichalcum cloack, it shined with the colors of all the magic materials. "Sorcery was also something I became really interested and during my experiments with magic materials I created this sphere, dedicated to all the Incarna, that shows me the positions of the Five Maidens, Luna and the Unconquered Sun in respect to Gaia, using their positions I create an heptagram and use it as a focus when I need to cast spells more powerful than usual."
Professor Thalia
 player, 16 posts
 The Eminent Weaver
 Solar Lightning
Tue 13 Oct 2009
at 16:21
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
"Ah, sorcery," Thalia said.  "Another field which I wish I had more time for," before she inclined her head to study the device that Marek had produced.  "A masterful piece of construction," she says, after a brief study during which her castemark blazes briefly as she activates her Sorcerer's Burning Chakra.

Then she glances up.  "Ah, but I do believe the parade is starting," she said, as above them, the ADF executed its precision manoeuvres and daring flight.  When the routine is complete, she joins the cheers and shouts of exultation with polite applause of her own.
First Headmistress
 GM, 806 posts
 Academy Founder
 Main Storyteller
Tue 13 Oct 2009
at 18:16
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
The demonstration led by the Air Marshal draws attention away from various conversations and pleasantries. Even Radiant Horizon, hard to impress by most standards, politely puts a halt to her serious discussion with Princess Sophia to study the synchronized flight patterns of the Artimisia vessels dominating the airspace. "Your soldiers are well-trained for a peaceful domain such as yours," says General Horizon to Sophia. "They are fortunate to have the likes of Iblis and Falcon to instruct them."

"They're marvelous ships, an interesting variation on the Warbird," Amayana remarks, relaxing with Jacinth. They sip wine together as old, reunited friends, watching the display of sleek metallic bodies and jewel-toned contrails. "They would have useful applications at sea, the warstrider form makes for smoother landings on sea platforms and carriers..."

The gathered Celestials on the Pavilion continue to express varying reactions of approval, surprise and envy. A few haughty, dismissive opinions come from those who disbelieve Anthegenia's pilots could be quite that good, that it's surely the ship construction and not the skill of the pilots that makes for such a spectacular show, and if not for the leading Chosen of Mercury the entire thing would fall apart.

Whether any of that is true or not, Vanileth himself looks incredibly entertained by the display. When the six Artimisia in warstrider form hover before the Pavilion for the final salute, he leaps to his feet and applauds the loudest of all. "Oh very good, very good. That the Artimisia maintains maneuverability at all despite a secondary ground-walking form, is quite honestly astounding." Then he addresses the lead ship personally, indicating the Firebrand with a grand, sweeping gesture while his spirit-assistants continue to applaud in his place. "Sanguinus, you've always been one of my favorites, shame you won't show off more often. You Anthegenians are much too humble."

Sophia is on her feet as well, next to Horizon, who also applauds heartily. "Your praise honors the City of Anthegenia, Shogun Vanileth," the Princess intones, smiling at the mention of humility. "Our advances in warfare and flight technology are developed for protective purposes. Perhaps that seems like humility to some."

"Sophia, with this City's splendid barrier and mighty artifacts, what could possibly do it harm? Anthegenia is one of the crown jewels of artificial flight. To let such power and talent languish..." The attractive pale haired deity shakes his head mournfully.

This seems to be a common subject of contention between the two. Sophia merely replies, "It is our way, Shogun," before nodding toward the hovering warstriders. "Thank you, Iblis, and Blackjack Squadron. You are dismissed."



OOC: FYI, Iblis has 20+ successes from his "In the Air" post. ~Ess 7, maxed stats/specialty for piloting and leading others in flying airships, +3 stunt, auspicious success from Fateful Excellency (dice pool entirely converted to successes). I ruled this as a Ride roll capped by War, with Iblis leading and his wingmen adding further successes, similar to mass combat rules. So even Wave who is not nearly so experienced can look pretty darn good with Iblis leading...
Anansi Madeen
 NPC, 22 posts
Tue 13 Oct 2009
at 19:09
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
"Good show, Marshal Sanguinus and company. I hope I'll see some of you at the banquet," says Anansi at the end of the demonstration, applauding and saluting the assembled Artimisia ships.

Then he turns to answer Evident Truth, albeit belatedly. "I'm glad you can see the merit of some relaxation now and then. I'm sure Sifu Merciful Fist and others will give you plenty reason for study and meditation come the new week. Besides, many VIPs will stay for the banquet, including a certain General." The Waning Moon grins winsomely while Bat, as usual, tsks at his meddling. "So I'll make sure you and your sister are let in at the door. It may take some work, non-Chosen are rarely allowed unless they are servants... But don't worry, it'll be fine!"

"Anyway, it's my cue to be off, as well. My Invierna surely misses me by now." He steps toward the edge of the floating Pavilion, then turns back around, addressing the students and guests as a whole. "I'll happily take on other passengers who wish an even better view of the Races. The Pavilion is an excellent venue, but it's stationary, after all..."
First Headmistress
 GM, 807 posts
 Academy Founder
 Main Storyteller
Tue 13 Oct 2009
at 19:44
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
The Exalted guests are starting to rise from their seats as well, either to watch the races from the luxury of their own airship decks, or for an early arrival at the Palace of the Founders, where the evening banquet will be held. All but the most arrogant and powerful bow respectfully to Sophia and Vanileth before departing via spell, artifact or shapeshift. The Princess, Shogun, Headmaster Ishmerai and General Ruby Falcon, remain at the Pavilion while the White Queen II and escorts prepare to take off from their own private hangar...



OOC: Just starting to disperse things. Races should be at "In The Air", unless I decide to make another thread, anyway. A separate thread for pre-banquet should be available shortly.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:45, Tue 13 Oct 2009.

Professor Thalia
 player, 17 posts
 The Eminent Weaver
 Solar Lightning
Tue 13 Oct 2009
at 19:57
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
"My congratulations to all of you," Thalia said, her voice easily projecting towards the six Artimisa"That was an exhilarating display you performed."  She was pleased, too, with how well they had performed.  Whilst she hadn't been intimately involved in their design and construction, she had shared a few discussions with the designers and had kept an eye on the project from the start.

"I would travel on the Invierna," Thalia said, turning a smile on Madeen.  It was hard to stay angry at the Lunar when you were in his company.  Especially on a day of celebration like today.  "If you don't think she will object, anyway," she finished with a grin.
Clematis
 NPC, 17 posts
 Solar Exalt
Tue 13 Oct 2009
at 20:30
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
Smiling and gleaming with 'Clematis' power, the elder exalt stood amist his entourage. At this point he had sent messangers to ready his vehicle he planned to watch the races from. The only thing missing was... Mattel. With exaggerated hand and arm signals he sent his officers in a spread to find Mattel.

In a hurry the senior terrestial officers spit up to find Clematis Lunar counter part.

The Fire aspect runs to the right.
The Earth aspect runs straight out.
The Water aspect runs to the left.

The Fire aspect of the group sees Mattel conversating and calls out to him, "Mattel Vigilio, Clemtais request your attendance to his side to view the races."
Evident Truth
 player, 43 posts
 Appearance ???
 Full Moon Lunar
Tue 13 Oct 2009
at 20:42
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
 Truth gestured toward Madeen to indicate his interest in boarding the airship, and inclined his head toward those he'd been conversing with..a smile impossible, but the gesture seems to indicate as such as he makes his way toward the elder Lunar and his ship without pause. Better to get some distance between the Dawn General and himself if possible.
Mattel Vigilio
 player, 383 posts
 3 Appearence
 Advanced Student
Tue 13 Oct 2009
at 23:15
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
Mattel was just finishing the small talk with the 'cute couple' as the time on the pavilion was coming to an end. It seemed the races were about to start. The lunar was excited to see them, especially his fellow students. He felt a little bad there was nothing he could do to help them legally. But as the flunky decide to relay that message the lunar turned and ignored him.

He knew the man would persist to prevent a future accountability lesson from Clematis. Giving a short bow to exuse himself from the current conversation he shifted into a treepard and scurried to the edge of the platform. He looked around and then back at the pursuing dragonblood. He gave his best attempt at a feline smile and jumped off the platform.

<Into In the Air>
Peregrine Altair
 NPC, 4 posts
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 06:10
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
"Oh, it's so good to hear we agree, my dear. I'm not really one for arguments, after all--you have no idea how much those Deliberative sessions bore me, some times. I'm certain its for the very best, of course, but there are only so many times I can hear Blossom speak of her Underworld projects, or, I don't know, Lacuna on her varied beastmen..." She shuddered. "And five hours later, we march, in lockstep, precisely one step forward and one step back."

"It's almost depressing, really. I'm certain we could do so much more... but everyone simply must pull us but every other way. One would almost swear there was something keeping us from doing our jobs." flare-snap. "Oh, but I do suppose I'm saying too much, aren't I, Goldfinch, dear? There's really no point to me filling your head with all this nonsense right now, and especially not immediately before your race. Best of luck; I'll be watching you."

The fan spun open to catch a yawn, and then dissolved gently back into her voluminous sleeves. "Coming, Lilith? I do suppose you'll want a view of Desus winning his games... and I do have a few things of my own to see. Anansi, dear, I don't suppose you'll object to her and I aboard?" She beamed. "I'd have brought my own ship, but it seemed such a bother, really; and, why, it does seem so much better to sit amongst friends. I don't suppose you've heard any interesting gossip with the others over there...?"

This message was last edited by the player at 06:10, Wed 14 Oct 2009.

Keo Wan Sul
 player, 240 posts
 Half-Moon Caste
 Advanced Student
Wed 14 Oct 2009
at 19:34
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
Keo watched as Mattel all but flew from the Dragon Blooded messenger. "Wow, must be carrying bad news..."

He turned to Rana: "We should find a good vantage point for the races..."
Lilith
Thu 15 Oct 2009
at 01:10
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
"Lord Desus and the Hierophant do their best to keep the Deliberative meetings civil and united. Not one is truly fond of meetings that are so chaotic and lacking in direction. But few want to listen to a uniting voice. They would rather listen to their own, it seems." Lilith has reached the limit of what she would speak of about Solar Deliberative matters, though, almost shuddering by the end of her last statement. To alleviate the feeling she adds, "Of course I have only ever been a distant observer of such matters, Lady Peregrine." Which is true; she is more often in the East, contentedly subjugating her husband's tributaries while he does the 'important stuff'.

When Anansi makes his offer, and Peregrine all but invites both herself and Lilith along, the Lunar's mouth tightens into a thin line. For whatever reason, she is mistrusting of Anansi, or perhaps unhappy with him for 'behavior inappropriate of a Seneschal of the Sun Kings'. However, refusing an elder Solar is not something she can easily justify, either, and Desus' last words to her is still strong in her mind as well.

Brief dilemma averted, Lilith smiles to Peregrine and inclines her head to the Lord-Captain. "I will join you, if you'll have my company."

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:11, Thu 15 Oct 2009.

Rana Jinan
 player, 390 posts
 Basic Student
 Dawn Caste
Thu 15 Oct 2009
at 01:41
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
Rana nodded cheerfully. "We could watch from here, right?

"Or was there somewhere you thought would be better? Did I hear Anansi say we could watch from his ship? Do you think he meant us? That would be interesting..."


Still smiling, her eyes brilliant with excitement, she asked, "Where do you think we would have the best view?"
Anansi Madeen
 NPC, 23 posts
Thu 15 Oct 2009
at 02:06
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
"Oh, sure!" Anansi says pleasantly to Lilith, including Thalia and Evident Truth, even Rana and Keo in his beckoning gesture. "You can all come, if you want! Don't be shy. Invierna will be happy to have visitors!"

He glances over at his old friend, Joyous Bat. "And you? Oh, never mind, you'll be cozy with Jacinth in the Triumphant Summer Sun." He punches Bat's arm affectionately. "Go on, then."
Joyous Agile Bat
Thu 15 Oct 2009
at 02:07
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
Joyous Bat rubs his arm in mock injury, but he's grinning. "I'm sure we'll see each other at the banquet. You as well, Evident Truth, if you like. Until then!" He nods in farewell to the gathered Exalts, then leaves to join Queen Jacinth and Queen Amayana in flight. Unlike the Solar's glittering orichalcum, jade and gemstone artifacts, Bat's wings are true, as he hybrid shapeshifts to form a pair of violet-tinged wings (resembling those of his namesake) upon his back.
Anansi Madeen
 NPC, 24 posts
Thu 15 Oct 2009
at 02:14
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
Anansi takes the opportunity to bid his wife farewell, kissing her slender, gloved hand while Lonan and Vanileth stand beside her. Sophia's smile to him is a polite one, but that she smiles at all seems to put him in great spirits.

Again he addresses the small group wanting passage on the Invierna.

"Well, let's go! We can meet her half-way." Meaning of course the great bird-shaped airship of moonsilver and ice, winging its way toward the Pavilion. Leading the way, Anansi steps boldly off the platform and shifts once more into his charming magpie form, soaring on outstretched wings toward his beloved vessel.



OOC: Will be making an Invierna thread, while the Races (and other spectators) will post in the "In the Air" thread, just to divide the action a bit. So this thread may close soonish.
Radiant Horizon
Thu 15 Oct 2009
at 08:00
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
Amidst the other Exalts leisurely departing the Pavilion, Radiant Horizon abruptly excuses herself and, with a few running steps, all but throws herself into the air. Twin plumes of golden Essence form diaphanous wings that carry her back toward the platform where her thousand-forged dragon awaits.

Horizon pats the metallic beast, then unexpectedly swings up on its gigantic back as if it were meant to be ridden. Relentless Pursuit of Glory neither complains nor attempts to throw her off, instead obediently lifting off into the air with a mighty hum of crackling energy and whirring gears. Its shriek is the screech of metal on metal, and even soldiers who have seen conflict in the magitech age wince just to hear this mightiest of automatons streak by.

Wherever General Horizon and her dragon are headed, it does not appear to have anything to do with watching the Races.
Keo Wan Sul
 player, 241 posts
 Half-Moon Caste
 Advanced Student
Thu 15 Oct 2009
at 15:13
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
"We'll have to find out," he said, scanning his surroundings to get the best viewpoint. "By the way, I forgot to ask you - did you make your reservation for the Banquet?"

]
Rana Jinan
 player, 391 posts
 Basic Student
 Dawn Caste
Fri 16 Oct 2009
at 02:43
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
Rana nodded, "Yep! It'll be fun, right?"

She looked around curiously, though she didn't have the least idea where would be best. "You can pick."
First Headmistress
 GM, 824 posts
 Academy Founder
 Main Storyteller
Sat 17 Oct 2009
at 01:13
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
Sometime before the race begins, the Anthegenian mother ship White Queen II docks at the Aerial Pavilion for the convenience of Princess Sophia, her trusted entourage and guests.

As a symbol of the city itself, the Queen has been built with similar materials as Anthegenia itself, primarily crafted of a sturdy white jade and adamant alloy with orichalcum detailing. Its decor has a floral theme to it: flowers carved onto fixtures, painted whimsically on the hull, not overdone but just enough to give the vessel a feminine elegance despite its size (large enough to be considered a carrier) and rows of shining weaponry. It is, after all, the ship most likely to be guarding the Princess' life, and thus heavy Essence artillery is certainly appropriate -- along with a full escort of Firdaus battleships and Artimisia warbird/striders.

Deep in conversation, Sophia and Vanileth board the White Queen first, flanked by winged ADF guards and floral handmaidens, followed by a solemn Ruby Falcon and Headmaster Ishmerai. Rana and Keo are unfortunately not invited, though they've already decided to remain on the Pavilion now that most of the guests have cleared out. They aren't completely alone, but there's plenty of space on the Pavilion for privacy while the servants still remaining aboard start gathering plates and glasses to be transported away.

The great white carrier departs toward a prominent viewing position reserved specifically for the Princess and guest of honor, where they can enjoy the races in privacy and peace before the banquet.



OOC: there, just getting the last of the NPCs out of here. :)
Keo Wan Sul
 player, 242 posts
 Half-Moon Caste
 Advanced Student
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 21:29
Re: Festival of Journeys - Aerial Pavilion
Keo was quite pleased when the races were finally over. "That was quite the show. I'd rather have had Professor Uthar win the race over Desus, but I guess it can't really be helped... Shall we go to the Banquet?" he asked as he pointed towards one of the landing bays. "Ready for another flight?"