Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza.   Posted by First Headmistress.Group: 0
Anansi Fan Club
Tue 6 Oct 2009
at 16:49
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
There's a chorus of cheers and greetings for Mattel as he soundly disses the Desus camp and makes a beeline for the Anansi Fan Club booth.

Mira's blue eyes light up as she sees him come by. "Mattel! Oooh, you're the best!" She snatches her parfait before anyone can grab it, while Myra (who's finished with her chalk line and is dusting her hands off) nudges Mira with her elbow.

"He even brought your favorite," Myra says teasingly, raising her eyebrow with a grin.

"So...?" Mira actually blushes, then quickly says, "It's probably just a coincidence! I never said I liked parfaits..." Her eyes still peer at Mattel curiously, though.

All the other happy Anansi fans take their helping of pastries and sweets, thanking Mattel for his generosity and for coming by. The happy communion of friendly conversation and desserts for breakfast is interrupted, though, when Elmira gasps and points up. "L-look! It's the Invierna!"
First Headmistress
 GM, 768 posts
 Academy Founder
 Main Storyteller
Tue 6 Oct 2009
at 16:52
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Everyone, even the Desus fans, hushes up and stares where Elmira is pointing, then burst out in a cacophonous mix of cheering, jeers and exclamations of surprise. Even from below, it's easy to see that the giant ice-and-silver bird is getting into a disagreement with Desus's golden swan vessel over where to land. The Anansi girls get spitting mad as the Desus fans start laughing over the prospect of the Invierna losing its perch!

Fortunately any further argument (or imminent cat-fighting) is broken up by the unknown thousand-forged dragon splitting the two bird-shaped airships up. "Who was that?" everyone asks one another, surprised that anyone would bring such a violent essence-guzzler to a peaceful Festival. The popular theories seem to be that it may be part of security ("but it's got Meru colors," someone else points out) or maybe it belongs to Bright Shattered Ice (which gets her fanboys' tongues drooling).

Not everyone is busy looking at the ships, though. A bashful group of Mitsumi Club fans wearing butterfly themed accessories, and several other Festival goers that he since entered the plaza, start drifting toward the roped off area with rapt curiosity, only to be disappointed by the workers getting in the way. Others turn their attention toward the Aerial Pavilion as High Priestess Laelia steps up to a prominent spot on the stage...
Wave Crashes Against The Rocks
 player, 287 posts
 Warrior Queen
 Dawn Caste
Tue 6 Oct 2009
at 17:49
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Wave had tried to arrive fashionably late, but it seemed that she didn't quite have the grasp for it yet having instead arrived rather unfashionably early. Wearing an elaborate but not overly ostentatious green silk dress, with her crystal studded shawl carefully draped into the stylish arrangement. Her oversized blade has even been dressed up a little, a long silk ribbon off the handle fluttering behind her as she walks.

She hadn't fancied the press of below and wanted to save her effort for later, so the wings were staying curled up. The Central Plaza she was hoping would keep her entertained until festivities began in earnest. With an aerial display to put on, a race to hopefully dominate and a high society dinner after, she wasn't going to be wanting for excitement and this small calm before the storm was fairly relaxing. The aerial displays were impressive even before they officially began, Wave picking out the ADF herself with a smile and noting the Dragon with particular interest. One of the most devastating weapons in the Exalt's arsenal bar a directional titan, its very sight gave a small thrill of jealousy in her heart.

The Fan Clubs on the other hand baffled her, while she could understand reverence for the Exalted this seemed something far beyond that. It was as if the people before her were happy to live voraciously through their chosen favourite, Wave had to wonder if they were ever put to any real use or were just some oddity that was encouraged, but otherwise ignored.
Mattel Vigilio
 player, 366 posts
 3 Appearence
 Advanced Student
Tue 6 Oct 2009
at 21:30
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Mattel looks up at the ship as Elmira points it out. Mattel could only sigh. He knew it was getting close for the VIP entrances. Clematis would be very upset if he missed it. Even though he liked the club, his duties always came first.

Taking advantage of the moment and grabbed Mira from behind and whispered in her hear, "I look forward to seeing you in your dress tonight. I will be back soon."

With his last note of whispering he slid back in a way to be behind the eyes of the fan club. He rolled backwards shifting into his stark white Strix. With the momentum he took off to the sky towards the pavilion.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:31, Tue 06 Oct 2009.

Professor Mitsumi
 player, 385 posts
 Professor of Rhetoric
 Waxing Moon Lunar
Wed 7 Oct 2009
at 01:51
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
The first sign that Mitsumi's spell is working manifests as a crystal spur forming around the center of the circle. Instants later, smaller versions form about the seven altars, though the flames within continue to burn, the water to flow. For a long moment, nothing more happens.

Then, starting from the crystalised airship, the ground begins to ripple and change, finally melting away like so much mist. Instead, a seemingly bottomless well fills the heptagram, illuminated by sunlight and gemlike reflections. The central stone floats sedately in the air, unaffected by the breezes that blow within the confines of Mitsumi's enchantment.

Elsewhere, she surveys her work with satisfaction, and changes the tone of her chant, mixing Silurian terms into the work. As if in response, the exterior crystals begin to shed wave upon wave of tiny diamondlike butterflies, all shiny surfaces and somehow soft bodies. These magical creations dance and circle within the boundaries that hold them, reaching up and down both. As the curious draw near, they elicit a matching response from the gemlike insects, who gather near ground level where anyone comes close.

Finally, one of the workers unveils a panel and sets it in place beside the magical region. Experience the wonders of flight! Simply step in and be carried away. Tentatively, the other one sets a foot past the line, and finds a score or more butterflies supporting it, ready to lift him. A moment's hesitation, and he is fully through, held at belt and shoulders while being born aloft, to partake of the wind and wonders of flight.
Anansi Fan Club
Wed 7 Oct 2009
at 09:37
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Again Mira's cheeks flash a bright pink. Her jaw hangs a bit, watching the strix wing away. "Mattel...? Where did he go?"

"He was just here a moment ago," says Myra confusedly, then peers closer at Mira's face. "More importantly, why are you looking all flushed again?" The bewildered look becomes a big grin.

"N-no reason?!" exclaims Mira loudly, then stops, looking up where the strix went to. "Hey look, the prayer's started! The Lord-Captain ought to be over at the Pavilion too now!"

For a while the Fan Clubs and various other Anthegenian citizens and visitors are absorbed in watching the High Priestess's performance. Some people whisper "who is she?" or pass curious glances to one another, as Laelia is rarely ever seen in public function, spending the majority of her time in the city's temples to keep the prayer barriers up. Others hold up their divinity badges or talismans and devoutly follow along, not quite distracted enough by the Festival excitement or fan worship to forget to honor the gods.

As for the Anansi girls, they tend towards the half-way mark of devout part of the time, easily distracted the rest of the time. "Hey, w-what's going on over there?" says Elmira, drawing some attention over to Mitsumi's spell circle. After gawking at several Festival goers getting lifted up into the air by the butterflies, the trio trades glances... "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Myra asks devilishly.

"But who's gonna watch the booth?" asks Mira, but it's too late - she's swept up in the herd of eager fans wanting to fly up and see their idols up close.

Meanwhile, one of the other fans works up the nerve to ask a worker boldly, "Um, excuse me, do we have to pay to fly?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:37, Wed 07 Oct 2009.

Wave Crashes Against The Rocks
 player, 288 posts
 Warrior Queen
 Dawn Caste
Wed 7 Oct 2009
at 15:59
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Wave listens to the prayer in silence, head tilted up to study the figures on the platform. She'd heard of all the main guests names, but then who hadn't? It was about time she finally met a few of them for herself. Grasping the small golden disk on a hair thin chain around her neck she alters the flows of essence going through it, her green dress shimmering and then bursting into vibrant glowing colours that showed up her features with a warm light. Thin tendrils of white essence lazily laced through her hair and a sharp golden aura outlines her body, making her very appearance leap out from the world around her.

Taking a deep breath, she lets the colours settle from their swirling maelstrom the dress enhanced with wispy ribbons of essence that flutter in the breeze from her sleeves and every gemstone upon it glowing brightly. She'd spent an almost daunting amount of time with a tailor getting this effect right, but she hoped that it was more than made worth everyone's time in the end. Slowly pushing her arms forward, Wave's shawl whips out and spins itself into the razor sharp crystal wings, shining essence lighting up the translucent bars and showing the golden veins of Orichalcum keeping the frame together. They flutter reflexively casting a glow over the plaza before Wave takes to the skies, streaming towards the Aerial Pavilion with an incredible burst of speed.

OOC: Just jumped to appearance 7. Yay Artifacts!

This message was last edited by the player at 16:59, Wed 07 Oct 2009.

Professor Mitsumi
 player, 386 posts
 Professor of Rhetoric
 Waxing Moon Lunar
Thu 8 Oct 2009
at 02:50
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
"Oh? Er, no, I don't think so. Certainly the Lady didn't leave any instructions about that - just said that it would be obvious when the place was open to the public," the worker replies, eyeing both fan and enchanted space with some interest.

Meanwhile, those who have stepped past the boundaries of the spell find that it seems to have a finite extent, both horizontally and vertically. Trying to fly past its bounds has the butterflies drift towards the edge, at ground level, rather than far above. Still, there is plenty of space in the air from which to view the parades and personalities.
First Headmistress
 GM, 786 posts
 Academy Founder
 Main Storyteller
Fri 9 Oct 2009
at 01:08
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
As soon as the worker gives his okay (to the best of his knowledge, anyway), a throng of rabid fans and other Festival goers swept into the excitement start to crowd onto the spell-circle.

Everyone is thrilled by the prospect of a free means of flight, particularly those lacking the means to rent even the cheapest airship ride. Once Sophia announces the official start of the Festival, Mitsumi's spell quickly becomes one of the most wildly popular attractions around!
Anansi Fan Club
Fri 9 Oct 2009
at 01:11
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Mira is one of the first to fly, letting out a squeal of delight as the butterflies surround her and lift her into the air. "Oh wow! This is AWESOME! C'mon, Myra, Elmira, let's get closer to the Pavilion!" The three girls, holding hands as butterflies surround their waists and shoulders and trail behind them in a cloud, speed off to test the limits of the enchantment.

"But I..I'm scared of heights!" cries Elmira, holding onto the other two girls so tightly that her arms are shaking.

Myra scoffs, "Oh, don't be such a baby!" But she too clings securely to her friend, stubbornly refusing to show any sign of uncertainty as Mira fearlessly leads the way up.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:11, Fri 09 Oct 2009.

Morning Glow
 NPC, 4 posts
Sat 10 Oct 2009
at 07:13
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Morning Glow's movement has finally led her to the Central Plaza, and even as she prepares to gesture once more in Sails' direction, she stops, captivated by the new wonders in view. From behind her covering veils of cloth, her eyes catch the passing floats, the butterfly borne people, the passionate fanclubs... She flicks her grey fan before her face, the motions tense and wild - a stretch of white fabric appears at her wrist, and is not tucked in.

Then the persistent Sidereal's presence registers once more, and Morning Glow steps back quickly, arms stretching apart and back with sudden, disjointed jerks. Keeping Sails roughly before her, she steps away and to the side, nearly colliding with a cart full of exotic fruits and pastries.
Sails of Fortune
 player, 21 posts
 Chosen of Journeys
 Navy Captain
Sun 11 Oct 2009
at 17:41
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Sails of Fortune moved fast to the Glowing Lady, after seeing how close she was to hitting the cart.

- "Are you all right lady? You almost crashed with the cart." Asked with concern the Chosen of Journeys.
Morning Glow
 NPC, 5 posts
Sun 11 Oct 2009
at 22:43
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Between Sails' quick reaction and some remnants of natural grace, Morning Glow fails to completely topple over the cart's contents. Still, a few are upset, and after a nervous glance in the direction of the stall keeper, she bends down to collect the fallen delicacies, her fan fluttering green as she sets it on her belt. Then she rises, proferring a Hard Mote and a mute apology for the trouble, off hand toying with an almost unbruised peach, then setting it back into place.

"No trouble at all, Miss," the vendor replies, only charging enough to indicate that any penalty Morning Glow might feel is due has been covered. "The Festival can be rather overwhelming to newcomers! Just take things slowly, enjoy the sights and food, and you'll have plenty to talk about in years to come."

Morning Glow stiffens briefly at the merchant's words, then bobs her head in acquiescence and paces around the obstacle, gloved hands clear of all impediments as she brings her fan to hand once more. Composure somewhat restored, she deftly sets her clothes back in place, covering up the lower layers that were previously revealed.

From behind her fan, Morning Glow stares at the activity within the Central Plaza, then glances towards the Sidereal. She nods in thanks, hands moving smoothly and gracefully once more, then turns and steps resolutely towards the teeming crowd.
Sails of Fortune
 player, 23 posts
 Chosen of Journeys
 Navy Captain
Mon 19 Oct 2009
at 13:31
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
- "Are you unable to speak?." Asked Sails, concerned. "Or are you just playing misteriously?, to which I would have to say misterious women always attract me." Said the young Captain with a mischievous smile.
Morning Glow
 NPC, 7 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2009
at 06:02
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
A quick twirl of her fan, light green with grey overtones, and a determined nod on Morning Glow's part indicate definite agreement - of course, it may not be clear to which part of Sails' statement she has concurred! Having apparently decided that the matter is closed, she sets herself to examining the wonders of the Plaza, though her attention seems to be more on the fans than on the wares or marvels being shown.

Between her hestiant posture and the utter conviction of the worthiness of their idols, it takes little time for Morning Glow to accumulate numerous mementos displaying and proclaiming the glory of each individual. Cuttings of Anansi taken from old newspaper issues, wildly varying routes Desus might have followed to reach Anthegenia, sketches of Mitsumi wrapped in butterflies, blueprints for the toothpick replica of the Inveirna, and more.

Very soon, Morning Glow is utterly overwhelmed by the constant conversations coming at her. The start of the races provides a moment's respite when all eyes focus either on the skies or the nearest screen.
Sails of Fortune
 player, 27 posts
 Chosen of Journeys
 Navy Captain
Tue 20 Oct 2009
at 13:01
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
- "Wow, is that a Warstrider flying there? Who in Malfeas is crazy enough to fly one of those things in a race?" Sails of Fortune said standing next to the misterious lady.
Morning Glow
 NPC, 9 posts
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 05:19
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Morning Glow twitches, startled to be adressed directly. Raising her grey fan before her covered face, she remains immobile for a moment, then lowers it and nods deliberately. She begins to turn towards the race once more, then stops. Deliberately, she picks up a significant portion of the paphernalia that was pushed on her before, and extends it towards Sails.

The posters, sketches, and flyers having been gathered at random, it remains a bit unsettling to see extremely fanciful interpretations of Anansi's activities during shore leave (were Mattel to see these, he might have cause for worry, for Anansi's features appear remniscent of his own, and Clematis would not approve) side by side with overly graphic sketches of Desus slaughtering what appears to be an artichoke armed with grimcleavers, accompanied by truly gratuitious amounts of blood that utterly fail to touch the main character in the scene.

Whatever plan Morning Glow had is interrupted, however, by the collective gasp of awe and fear that follows Pebble's fall.

OOC: Playing a bit fast and loose with time, here, but Time Cops are watching!
Anansi Fan Club
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 09:40
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Mira, Myra and Elmira finally make their way down to ground level after their transport airship docks. Hurrying back to the Anansi Fan Club booth, they are greeted enthusiastically by their friends that manned the fort in their absence. They spend a few breathless minutes recounting (often with greatly exaggerated details) everything they saw of the Races, how many glimpses they got of the Lord-Captain and the Invierna, Mira's altercation with a Desus Fangirl, and other such exciting events.

"Where's Mattel?" someone asks, much to Mira's chagrin. The blond girl shrugs, indicating that she would rather avoid that topic for now.

Myra answers in her place, with her typical bluntness. "Oh, he was doing some sort of odd prayer or something for Wave Crashes, I think? Anyway, she finished third, but she was going to be fourth, so maybe it did something."

On the other hand, the Club President happily recounts her bird's eye view of Wave (whom Mira apparently thinks is 'pretty cool') smashing through tons of robot monsters and the spectacular ring stunt that won Goldfinch the Medium race. If she doesn't say anything about Marek and Desus, it's mostly because among the Anansi groupies, Desus is a taboo topic. As if his race deserves attention!

Elmira doesn't speak as much as the others. She just sits on the ground, incredibly glad to be back on it. "I-it was fun, but we were s-so high up!! I can't imagine falling like that one racer d-did..." The dark-haired girl shivers, holding herself tightly.
Mattel Vigilio
 player, 396 posts
 3 Appearence
 Advanced Student
Wed 21 Oct 2009
at 18:47
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Mattel was whistling as he approached the fan club booth. He couldn't remember where the tune came from but it reminded him of easier times. He though he tried to hide it, his smile returned and he felt that warm feeling that others felt when around friends. Then as any of the members noticed him he smile wider.

"Hey guys! The races were awesome! How was the trip? I'm rambling... I feel like there is so much to be excited about."

Even though he was talking to the group of them, he was clearly looking at Mira.
Mattel Vigilio
 player, 397 posts
 3 Appearence
 Advanced Student
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 20:33
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Not really giving the fan club a chance to get his full attention to whatever comments they had he reached for Mira's hand. Assuming she takes it, he walks her somewhat away where others would have to strain to hear.

"I'm sorry I was not able to join you on the airboat. There was something I had to do and I wasn't for you to be so close to me while I did it. But after thinking about it... I was hoping you could let me know what color the dress you mentioned earlier is?"
Anansi Fan Club
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 21:37
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Most everyone is still glad to see Mattel back, and welcome him with cheerful waves and smiles. They've no idea what passed between him and the Club President, and besides, they're all still full of energy from the recent spectacle.

Some of them, like Myra, saw him stand up and rally the crowd, though it would have been way too far away for them to see a caste mark. But no one gets the chance to really ask him about it because his attention is all for Mira.

"Oh, hi Mattel," Mira looks awkward speaking with Mattel again. She wanted to be mad, but feels stupid for being so petty, so she just looks uncharacteristically shy. "I wish you could have come. I liked... I mean, you're fun to be around."

Myra and Elmira wisely draw the attention of the other Anansi Club members, recounting more of their favorite moments of the race. "-- and the other girl, hers came out looking like this gorgeous golden winged serpent!" "The fire-winged one wove through the rings so naturally... it must be fun to feel so free..."

Mira's cheeks go faintly pink when Mattel grasps her hand. Her other hand suddenly goes up and twirls around a lock of blond hair. "My dress...? Oh! My dress! Well I wanted a color that really made my hair stand out. It's a royal blue evening dress, it has some sparkles but not TOO much, and I even got matching shoes and a handbag, but... um... why are you asking, again?"
Mattel Vigilio
 player, 400 posts
 3 Appearence
 Advanced Student
Thu 22 Oct 2009
at 21:51
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Mattel looked both directions as if he waited for something(he is stalling). Then he focuses as usually does.

"I wanted to be sure I had something to match. You see tonight there is a banquet. And it would honor me if you would be my date for the evening. So Ms. Breeze... what do you say?"
Anansi Fan Club
Fri 23 Oct 2009
at 00:13
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Mira doesn't actually know what to say at first. She's too busy staring with her eyes wide open, as if unsure she's heard him right.

A few 'oooooohs' come from the other Fan Club members, though, along with some elbow nudges among them. Myra shushes them, though, and swats at a few with a rolled up pamphlet labeled "101 Reasons You Should Love Anansi".

Finally Mira's tongue unsticks, and she gazes up at Mattel with joy in her blue eyes. "Are you serious?? I would LOVE to go with you! How did you even get an invitation? This is like, the chance of a lifetime, Mattel!" At least for her, it is... someone like Mira would never have hoped to see the inside of the Palace of the Founders with her own eyes, much less get that close to her idol. "I've got to get ready, pronto!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:13, Fri 23 Oct 2009.

Mattel Vigilio
 player, 402 posts
 3 Appearence
 Advanced Student
Fri 23 Oct 2009
at 03:49
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
Of course the lunar held his composure. He couldn't allow himself to end up like Clematis.

"Well go get ready. And when you get home send me message with your address so that I may have something arranged to pick you up. Well I'm off to get ready as well."

Mattel bowed slightly and headed off himself.
Anansi Fan Club
Fri 23 Oct 2009
at 04:41
Re: Festival of Journeys - Central Plaza
"I will Mattel... see you then." Mira sees Mattel off, gazing after him while her friends pat her back and make exclamations of amazement and envy. "Lucky!" "Wow, is he really that into you?" "You're going to a banquet! At the Palace! Oh my gods!" "Get an autograph from Anansi for us!" "I wish you could take pictures..."

Finally Myra starts shaking the Anansi Club President out of her daze. "Don't just stand there, get a chariot back home and get yourself dressed! Snap to it!"

"Oh... right!" Mira's eyes are luminous and her face is flushed with the thrill of the moment. She takes a few steps toward the street, then several faster ones, before she turns to look at the gathered group one more time. "Sorry guys, but you'll have to do the cleanup duty. I'll try to make it up for you later!"

"We'll take c-care of it, Mira. Just go before you're late, please?" Elmira isn't jealous at all -- it's enough for her that Mira is happy.

"Got it! See you all later!" The Anansi Fan Club members wave at Mira as she hurries to the next cab home, her heart singing in her chest!