The North: Into The Lion's Den.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
DM Kindred
 GM, 143 posts
Wed 18 Oct 2006
at 16:14
Into the Lion's Den


This is the map you pull off the dead goblin. It is fairly detailed and shows the main areas of the cave structure which seems to be an abandoned silver mine. You are currently at the entrance (where the one is).

OCC: Yeah I stole the map from an adventure. Don't worry if ypou have played the adventure before all I took was the map. The encounters are different.

PS: Just ignore the big "Burning Plague" in the middle of the map and you'll be fine.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:20, Wed 18 Oct 2006.

Madras
 player, 47 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 18 Oct 2006
at 19:11
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras approaches as the goblins are hidden in the underbrush.  "Well, that went pretty smoothly," he whispers.  "Let's not waste time."
   Assuming no one protests, he strikes the end of the sunrod that's strapped to his morningstar, causing its length to flare in bright white radiance.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 40 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 18 Oct 2006
at 21:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Crouching as a cat when stacking it's pray Daven Let's my friends do this fast and well done. I think I and Amras should move ahead of you and hopefully not be discovered by the lights. he draws his rapier, but also make sure that his crossbow is near in canse of a emergancy. he moves infront of the groupe and silently and satying hidden moves closer to the seconed mark.
Amras Telperien
 player, 285 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 19 Oct 2006
at 07:29
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: Daven I think both goblins are dead. We are about to enter the tunnel from 1.

Moving to the front Amras joins Daven and once out of the range of Madras' light he begins to move forward.
Yeamon
 player, 99 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 19 Oct 2006
at 17:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon watches as Daven and Amras disappear into the dark cave mouth. He ushers both Lynx and Madras in next, "I'll keep an eye out back here, in case those other two come in after us."

As an afterthought he tosses a gold piece off to the side of the cave, so as to divert any attention away from the cave, sure that a goblin's keen eyes would pick out the shiny coin. Then, on all fours, he tries to smooth over the groups tracks into the cave, so at least a cursory glance would not reveal their direction.
DM Kindred
 GM, 145 posts
Sat 21 Oct 2006
at 14:41
Re: Into the Lion's Den
You all aproach area two on the map and there is one torch burning there. No one is in sight but you hear slight noise coming from the west. (left) Anyone who looks in that direction sees a patch of light at the end of a mine tunnel in which there is a wooden door approximetly 40ft away.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:17, Sat 21 Oct 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 41 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 21 Oct 2006
at 16:04
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven sognals that he is going to the left to check what the noise is. He Walks silently and hidden or atleast as well he can if he can find cover.
DM Kindred
 GM, 146 posts
Sat 21 Oct 2006
at 16:19
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven makes it all the way to the door with no incident. There is a lot of noise coming from the other side of the door now that he is close. It seems to lead to a mess hall of some sort as you can hear clinking of dishes and people shouting, talking and laughing loudly.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 42 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 21 Oct 2006
at 16:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM:
DM Kindred
 GM, 147 posts
Sat 21 Oct 2006
at 17:09
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM:
Daven Darkbane
 player, 43 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 21 Oct 2006
at 22:13
Re: Into the Lion's Den
He moved silently over to the others and whispered The mess hall. Many troups by the sound of it. Maybe to risky for a direct attack. Let's check the other parts first. What say you?
Yeamon
 player, 100 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sun 22 Oct 2006
at 10:03
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon nods at the suggestion, and prepares to follow the group along the second tunnel to the east.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 44 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 23 Oct 2006
at 01:40
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Seen that atleast one other member understands him he starts to move down the other corridor. He continues his sneaking and staying hidden. His keen eyes and ears try and discover any unseen enemys.
DM Kindred
 GM, 148 posts
Mon 23 Oct 2006
at 15:06
Re: Into the Lion's Den
No enemies are detected by Daven as he moves down the passage. the opthers follow at a slight distance behind.

OCC: Daven, how far down do you go?
Daven Darkbane
 player, 45 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 23 Oct 2006
at 20:41
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OCC: towards 5a on the map.
Amras Telperien
 player, 286 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 25 Oct 2006
at 07:37
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras keeps his position behind Daven as Daven moves further into the caves.
Yeamon
 player, 102 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 25 Oct 2006
at 23:55
Re: Into the Lion's Den
A distinct unease descends over Yeamon as the party venture further down the eastward tunnel. The glow from Madras's sunrod casts strange shadows up against the passage walls, and Yeamon uses his powers of concentration to keep from jumping at shadows that dart about the corner of his vision.

Ahead between Madras and Lynx, he can just make out the back of Amras; a reassuring sight. He knows the rogue must be further ahead. The monk looks over his shoulder once more, now in the knowledge that there are several creatures between them and their path back to the surface.
DM Kindred
 GM, 151 posts
Fri 27 Oct 2006
at 13:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Guys. Life has jumped up and gotten in the way of gaming once again. I will post an update after the weekend.
DM Kindred
 GM, 153 posts
Wed 1 Nov 2006
at 17:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The party crept down the coridoor slowly. Daven ahead hidden in the shadows and not making a whisper of noise. Amras comes next with Yeamon, Lynx and Madras bringing up the rear. As the party travels they notice water dripping from the ceilings and a dank musty smell wafts through on a dry breeze. Suddenly a slight click is heard and a pit trap opens under the feet of Daven and Amras.


DC 15 reflex save avoids the pit.
The trap is the box with the X through it just before the 5

Daven Darkbane
 player, 46 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 1 Nov 2006
at 22:45
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven is quick to react and had a almost supernatural to detect traps, that is the few times he make them go of. He manage easyly to avoide the pit trap, but swears underneat his breat. He felt stupid that he had not remembered to check the map for any traps. This could just make life a living hell if any enemy soldiers heared the trap go of.
Amras Telperien
 player, 288 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 2 Nov 2006
at 13:48
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras jumps back as Daven springs the trap, his elven agility allows him to avoid falling in.

NPC'd
DM Kindred
 GM, 154 posts
Thu 2 Nov 2006
at 17:55
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The party is able to bypass the trap and get to the other side. The cavern they are in is large and several stalagmites and stalactites are in the center. There is an incessant dripping noise as the party moves through the area.


The Pc's are on the other side of the trap and are currently one or two squares below the box with the 'X'. Where do you guys go from there?
Daven Darkbane
 player, 47 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 3 Nov 2006
at 08:35
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven moves as allways hidden and silently towards the ca ve he know to he to his right. He think it's best that way to get it all inn.
Yeamon
 player, 103 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 3 Nov 2006
at 19:39
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon follows with the rest of the party as Daven leads the way along the the edge of the cave to the right.

The pointed rock formations that glint white in the light of the sunrod, contrast against the meanacing darkness of the depths of the cave, so that to Yeamon it appears as if the rogue has vanished into the teeth filled mouth of some giant beast.

A drip of cold water drops onto the monk's neck, that feels like the chill touch of some undead fiend.
Amras Telperien
 player, 290 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 7 Nov 2006
at 08:49
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Having escaped the trap Amras moves slowly north staying close to the wall.
DM Kindred
 GM, 158 posts
Tue 7 Nov 2006
at 15:41
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The party moves east against the wall on the right and goes around the pillars in the centre of the room. Meanwhile Amras stays to the north and goes along the north wall.

Suddenly, Amras notices missiles flying over his head as he opens his mouth to warn his companions the arrows fall among the party. 3 Javelins miss splintering as they hit the rocky cavern floor, the other three hit Lynx, Yeamon and Daven.

The party wins initiative so they can go first. You guys are down near to the tunnel exiting the chamber. Amras is directly underneath the ledge that the javelins came from.

There are 6 orcs on top of the ledge. One of them has a large club in its hands and seems to be moving towards a gong. The others are standing beside weapon racks that have javelins.

Party has init.

Daven : 8 dam
Lynx  : 7 dam
Yeamon: 6 dam



10:24, Today: DM Kindred rolled 8 using 1d6+3. daven.
10:24, Today: DM Kindred rolled 6 using 1d6+3. Yeamon.
10:24, Today: DM Kindred rolled 7 using 1d6+3. Lynx.
10:23, Today: DM Kindred rolled 7 using 1d20+1. yeamon.
10:23, Today: DM Kindred rolled 5 using 1d20+1. lynx.
10:22, Today: DM Kindred rolled 6 using 1d20+1. madras.
10:22, Today: DM Kindred rolled 17 using 1d20+1. daven.
10:22, Today: DM Kindred rolled 13 using 1d20+1. yeamon.
10:22, Today: DM Kindred rolled 17 using 1d20+1. Lynx.
Amras Telperien
 player, 291 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 7 Nov 2006
at 16:03
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: How high is the ledge?
DM Kindred
 GM, 159 posts
Tue 7 Nov 2006
at 16:28
Re: Into the Lion's Den
20 ft. And now that you are looking you notice a rope leading up. CLimb DC 5.
Yeamon
 player, 104 posts
 HP 26/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 8 Nov 2006
at 08:22
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon spins instinctively as the javelin appears before him, managing to take the blow on his side, rather than it piercing any of his vitals. Still the weapon opens a nasty wound in his flesh, and his grimmaces with pain.

Pulling the weapon out, Yeamon dashes forward toward the origin point of the missiles, zig zagging trying to take advantage of the cover offered by the rising stumps of the stalagmites.
Amras Telperien
 player, 292 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 8 Nov 2006
at 08:54
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Taking a grip of the rope and hoping the ledge occupants have their sight on the rest of the group Amras quickly climbs to the top of the ledge hoping to stop the alarm being sounded.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 48 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 8 Nov 2006
at 09:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven  quickly get the javalin out of him and fire back a bolt from his crossbow. He aims for the one with the great club, but the wound has taken him a little bit out of the game.
DM Kindred
 GM, 160 posts
Wed 8 Nov 2006
at 13:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras:

You get to the top just as the orc is about to move off. He takes a swing at you before moving to the gong. (AOO)

Madras: Casts bless (Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.)

Lynx: Starts singing (Inspire Courage: +1 attack and damage, and saving vs fear and charm effects)

Yeamon:

The ledge is at the top of the cavern that has the stalagmites. With a double move you can probably make it to the top.

Daven

Your shot goes wide.


Yeamon, I will wait to see where you move with your actions before having the enemy act. Once that happens I'll wrap up the round and you guys get to go again.
Yeamon
 player, 105 posts
 HP 20/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 8 Nov 2006
at 16:18
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Seeing that he has a chance to make it to the ledge, Yeamon charges all out in a sprint to the rope, launching himself onto it and hauling himself up onto the ledge with all his strength.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 49 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 9 Nov 2006
at 00:23
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven lets anoher bolt fly from his crossbow. This time his aim is a lot better, but there was always something getting in the way some way or another. He listens for enemys that has heared the battle. He is ready for a quick escape.
DM Kindred
 GM, 161 posts
Fri 10 Nov 2006
at 17:51
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras climbs to the top of the rope in good time. He easily avoids a blow from the cudgel weilding orc who turns to run towards the gong. As he moves off however, an arrow comes out of nowhere hitting him in the back and taking him to the floor. Meanwhile Yeamon gets to the top of the rope just in time to see the other five orcs advancing on Amras. Three of the creatures attack Amras while two attack yeamon. Two orcs manage to get past Amras defences both hitting the ranger with solid blows. Only one Orc manages to hit Yeamon, but the javelin hits the monk in the side of the neck Yeamon barely throwing his head to the side in time to avoid death.

Amras: 12 Damage
Yeamon: 10 Damage

Party positions:
Yeamon & Amras on the ledge facing down the hordes

Lynx, Madras & Daven: Ground floor

The party is up again

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 17:51, Fri 10 Nov 2006.

Yeamon
 player, 106 posts
 HP 10/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 10 Nov 2006
at 18:36
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Blood spurts forth from a grevious wound in the monk's neck. Just an inch to the left would have severed his jugular vein.

Fighting to stay on his feet he launches into a flurry of punches at the last orc to hit him, but blood loss is already causing his vision to blurr, and his blows only strike the air before him.

He lets out a piercing scream as he attempts to use a stunning fist attack, but it is wasted as his blow fails to connect.

19:30, Today: Yeamon rolled 5 using 1d20+2. attack.
19:30, Today: Yeamon rolled 7 using 1d20+2. attack.
OOC: Oh dear!

Daven Darkbane
 player, 50 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 10 Nov 2006
at 20:13
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven swings his way up ontop of the stalgamiti trying as hard as he can to aid his friends. He droppes his crossbow as sone as he gets up to the others.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:14, Fri 10 Nov 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 293 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sat 11 Nov 2006
at 16:59
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Shaking off the hurt Amras brings his swords into action, slashing at his pponent with the elevn long sword whilst stabbing with his short sword.




16:56, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 15 using 1d20+10. Longsword attack.
16:56, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 28 using 1d20+9. shortsword attack.
16:56, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 10 using 1d20+9. shortsword poss crit.
16:57, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 10 using 1d8+4. longsword damage.
16:57, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 5 using 1d6+4. shortsword damage.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 58 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sun 12 Nov 2006
at 20:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx continues to sing to bolster his companions spirits.

OCC: +1 to strike and weapon damage guys.
Madras
 player, 49 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 17 Nov 2006
at 21:30
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Seeing his comrades in peril; Madras calls on Lathander to aid them. He grips his Sun amulet tightly in one hand, pointing it in there direction and incants a spell. A glowing mace made of pure force springs into existence beside Yeoman and attacks an Orc...

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:50, Fri 17 Nov 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 163 posts
Fri 17 Nov 2006
at 22:08
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras incants while holding his amulet and a glowing mace springs into being to aid yeoman.

Yeoman lets out a piercing scream as he attempts to launch a flurry of punches at the last orc to hit him. His aim is off though and the Orc easily dodges the blows. The ugly creature smiles smugly as the man wavers while he tries to stay conscious. He slashes at the monk, who instinctively ducks below the blow...

Amras decapitates one orc with a slash of his long sword and stabs another in its gut with his shorts word With a slash. That poor bastard falls to the ground in a pool of his own blood.

Daven climbs up the rope ladder and takes in the scene before him; Yeoman is hard pressed, the Orc is likely to kill him if he doesn’t get help soon. Amras is holding his own, with two dead Orcs at his feet and facing off with another. A glowing mace swings itself at an Orc that was facing yeoman, keeping it occupied for the time

The Orcs miss all the PC's this round.

Lynx continues his song...

2 orcs left! Party is up.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:45, Fri 17 Nov 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 51 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 18 Nov 2006
at 20:55
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven trys to feint the orc that he can reach and hit a sweat spot and hopefully bring down the orc ones and for all.
Amras Telperien
 player, 294 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Sat 18 Nov 2006
at 23:32
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Seeing the first two orcs fall Amras hurriedly attacks the remaining one in front of him. Slashing wildly the longsword misses his opponent. Taking a breath he stabs at the orc with his shortsword.



23:29, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 11 using 1d20+10. Longsword attack.
23:29, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 19 using 1d20+9. Shortsword.
23:29, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 5 using 1d6+4. shortsword damage.
Yeamon
 player, 108 posts
 HP 10/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Mon 20 Nov 2006
at 22:23
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Without thinking Yeamon continues to press forward, in a combination of ducking and weaving motions. His first punch narrowly slides past the orcs head, but the following uppercut drives dangerously toward the monster's throat.

OOC: not sure if this is a hit or not.
23:17, Today: Yeamon rolled 9 using 1d20+4. attack 1 .
23:17, Today: Yeamon rolled 16 using 1d20+4. attack 2.
23:18, Today: Yeamon rolled 8 using 1d6+2. damage.

DM Kindred
 GM, 164 posts
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 03:45
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven kills one orc with a well placed thrust and before that one has hit the floor Amras and Yeamon finish off the remaining orc with a combination of cuts and punches. As the trio atop the ledge pause to catch their breath Lynx on the lookout for more enemies sees a light approaching from the passage that you all just exited. Signalling to Madras the two join the others atop the ledge as a group of men head into the cavern and out the next side.

Spot checks everyone.
Amras Telperien
 player, 296 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 08:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Relieved to see the remaining orcs drop Amras cleans the swords on one of the bodies before watching the light approach.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 53 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 11:25
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven trys to get a look at the enemys that might come there way. The apsence of the pit trap would be hard to miss. He takes his crossbow and readys it. He take careful aim towords the light.
Yeamon
 player, 109 posts
 HP 10/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 15:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon drops to his knees and hurriedly locates his remaining healing potion. Fighting the pain of the wound in his neck, his thoughts are on downing the draught before they are set upon again.

14:58, Today: Yeamon rolled 7 using 1d20+2. spot. 
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 59 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 17:49
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM:

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:50, Tue 21 Nov 2006.

Madras
 player, 50 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 19:41
Re: Into the Lion's Den
[13:40, Today: Madras rolled 15 using 1d20+3. Spot check.]

With the threat ended, Madras climbs up to check on those at the top, seeing if his aid is needed in mending life-threatening wounds.

[OOC: Anyone need some immediate healing?]
Yeamon
 player, 110 posts
 HP 13/26 AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Tue 21 Nov 2006
at 20:48
Re: Into the Lion's Den
With shaking hands the monk unstoppers the vial and makes to drink the potion, but his quivering upends the bottle before it meets his lips and most of the liquid splashes on the ledge floor and down his habit, making a dark wet patch on the cloth. Only a few drops make it past his lips.

He holds his hand up to Madras as the cleric appears and offers his magical healing aid.

21:44, Today: Yeamon rolled 3 using 1d8+1. CLW potion hp.
That's a yeah Madras!

Madras
 player, 51 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 22 Nov 2006
at 19:57
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras places his hand on Yeamon's forehead.  Rather than close his eyes as might be expected, his are wide open as he prays.  "Morninglord, Shining Glory, seal these wounds and let your radiance renew this failing shell."  His eyes glow golden, as a similar glow encompasses his hand, spreading out into Yeamon's head and fading as it grows to encompass him.

[Convering lesser restoration into cure moderate wounds.  Only rolled an 8 total, but that's a lot more than he had.  Anyone else in bad shape?]
Amras Telperien
 player, 297 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 22 Nov 2006
at 20:29
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Looking across at Madras Amras whispers, "I could do with some aid if possible Madras."

OOC: Down 12HP
DM Kindred
 GM, 167 posts
Wed 22 Nov 2006
at 22:44
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The pc's take a moment to catch their breath and while the cleric is healing Yeamon,(and maybe Amras), Lynx notices the faint outline of a door in what seems to be a solid wall. He points it out to the party.
Yeamon
 player, 111 posts
 HP 21/26 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 23 Nov 2006
at 19:13
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon accepts Madras's healing hand, and the flesh around the seeping wound in his neck knits itself back together. The greyness that had washed over his face disappears and once more he is charged with energy.

As Lynx draws the party's attention to the door, Yeamon frees another vial from his pack. He uncorks it and quickly downs the liquid, this time avoiding any spillage.

OOC: Cheers Madras!

This message was last edited by the player at 19:15, Thu 23 Nov 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 57 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 24 Nov 2006
at 00:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven keeps hios sword drawn and move towards the door and listen to see if he can hear anything and also look for a way to open the door. He'll wait untill he gets the others to watch his back.
Madras
 player, 52 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 25 Nov 2006
at 19:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras puts his hand over Amras's wound, asking for another blessing from the Morninglord, though his request is a little simpler.  The golden light spreads from his hand into the injury, nearly closing it completely.

[Converted shield of faith into cure light wounds, healing Amras for 10 points of owie.  It's always nice to see those high rolls.  Ready to move on!]
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 60 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 25 Nov 2006
at 22:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx waist patiently for Madras to heal the wounded and inspects the door he has found in the mean time. He tries pushing on it to see if it will budge...
DM Kindred
 GM, 171 posts
Sun 26 Nov 2006
at 01:13
Re: Into the Lion's Den
While Madras tends to the wounded, Lynx and Daven inspect the door. There is no sound from the other side and it is guarded by a rather stout lock.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 60 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 26 Nov 2006
at 09:07
Re: Into the Lion's Den
ah time to go to work then. Daven takes of his backpack and takes out a thieves tool. A really nice on at that. He choses his tolls to open the door and start to work on the lock.. He start using his tool. He knows that it's not his best works, but atleast it might help.
Amras Telperien
 player, 298 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 28 Nov 2006
at 13:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Thanks Madras." whispers Amras as he feels the wounds close and the pain subside. Standing once more he watches and waits as Daven works on the door.
DM Kindred
 GM, 172 posts
Wed 29 Nov 2006
at 04:03
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven fiddles with lock for a bit but the lock remains closed.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 61 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 29 Nov 2006
at 12:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven curse underneat his breath. He was rusty in deed. Ah stupid lock. He tryes a few more times and hope that he is sucessful.
DM Kindred
 GM, 173 posts
Wed 29 Nov 2006
at 17:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna and Kalem:

After being captured, your belongings were taken from you and you were thrown in a cell with other prisoners. You were handcuffed blindfolded and gagged and all spell components taken. Over the course of a week or so all the other prisoners have died either killed by the guards or taken never to be seen by you again. The Malarite cult keeps you around to identify magic items and to do other sorts of scholarly pursuits for them. One day you hear the sounds of fighting and then you hear the lock being opened. You haven't been fed in about 36 hours.


Everybody else:

You enter a room and see a typical dungeon layout. The room is dominated by a single large cell that is in the centre with Bars on all sides. There are racks with what looks like implements of torture as well as a large chest to one side. In the cell are a two people who look dirty and dishevelled. You can't tell their race but you can tell that one is female. They are both bound securely and a hood is over their head. None of them is the boy you seek as they are both too big.
Amras Telperien
 player, 299 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 29 Nov 2006
at 20:19
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Not seeing anyone Amras moves across to the two prisoners and whispering through the bars "Shhh keep quiet, we will try and get this door open".

Looking at the lock he says to Daven, "Your skills are needed once again."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:23, Thu 30 Nov 2006.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 62 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 29 Nov 2006
at 23:07
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven walks over to the chest. He tryes to check if it is open. He looks over at the other. It seems like Amras is taking care of the captives. He tryed to open the lock if it is not open.
DM Kindred
 GM, 175 posts
Thu 30 Nov 2006
at 00:54
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras Telperien:
Not seeing anyone Amras moves across to the two prisoners and whispering, <Blue>"Shhh keep quiet" he removes the hoods.


The cell is locked Amras.
Pearl
 player, 2 posts
Thu 30 Nov 2006
at 07:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
A tiny cat, grey and white, sat next to the male prisoner, watching the room carefully.  As the group of people entered, it hid behind him, but it still peeked out at them, quite nervous after the past days. . .
DM Kindred
 GM, 176 posts
Thu 30 Nov 2006
at 15:40
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven manages to get the chest open and inside are some keys.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 63 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 30 Nov 2006
at 21:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Hm maybe these will help my friends. He smiles and holds out the key. He tryed the keys againest the lock hoping that it would open after having the keys tested.
Yeamon
 player, 112 posts
 HP 21/26 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Fri 1 Dec 2006
at 06:25
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon keeps an eye out behind them after he follows the others into the room. The discovery of prisoners was no surprise to him, but the appearence of a small cat in the cage startled, then alarmed him.

Remembering the druid's shapechanging and subsequent escape, he warily keeps an eye fixed on the animal.
Amras Telperien
 player, 300 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 1 Dec 2006
at 10:35
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Unable to open the door Amras leaves it to Daven and joins Yeamon as they watch out for anybody approaching.
DM Kindred
 GM, 177 posts
Fri 1 Dec 2006
at 14:23
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Kalem and Lianna, you are hearing a lot of movement and talking.

Daven the door is open.

AMras and Yeamon the way is clear.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 64 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 1 Dec 2006
at 22:35
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven moves over to the two people. He walk over to the woman first and remove her hood and holds his finger infront of the mouth to nmake sure that she is quiet. He then cuts the rope of her hands and feets befor doing the same to the male. Also her he holds hios finger to his mouth telliong them to be silent. He looks over at the others befor turning his head and says Anyone hurt??? silent as a whisper.
Yeamon
 player, 113 posts
 HP 21/26 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 2 Dec 2006
at 17:52
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon stares in astonishment as Daven sets about freeing the captives.  Do they know each other,, he questions himself, and then relaxes slightly.

He carefully looks the two figures over, deciding whether they will be a help or a hindrance to their progress through the cave complex.


OOC: Is the only way out of here the way we came in?
Lianna
 player, 4 posts
Sat 2 Dec 2006
at 18:36
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Both the man and woman appear unharmed, but they do look incredibly miserable and malnourished.  The woman shook her head no as the man reached out to take her hand in his.  They both looked at each other and it became apparent that not only did they know each other but that they were at the very least very good friends if not more.  Then, looking back at their rescuers with a grateful face, Lianna whispers, "Thank you."
Daven Darkbane
 player, 66 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 2 Dec 2006
at 19:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven nods befor looking over his back. He stands up and signes for the two unknown people to stay. He walk over to Yeamon and whisper as he goes past him darkblue>Keep them under a good eye for the moment. I shall only go out and check where those lights went.</darkblue> He sneaks out the door and try to look and locate the light ones more in hope that they ahve not come closer.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 9 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 12/10/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Mon 4 Dec 2006
at 10:28
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Thanks, indeed.  I assume that you are not working for the Malarites who have kept us prisoners here, and perhaps even working against them?" the calishite man whispered, before kneeling down to pick up the cat which had shared their cell.
Amras Telperien
 player, 302 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 4 Dec 2006
at 10:39
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Looking across at the newly freed prisoners Amras says,"I am Amras and indeed you may say we are against the Malarites. We are looking for a boy who was taken by them, have you seen or heard him?"
Madras
 player, 54 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 4 Dec 2006
at 19:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras offers his waterskin to the refugees, seeking out a spot to pour some water for the cat.  He also retrieves some dried foodstuffs for them.  "You'll both feel better with some food and drink.  Don't worry, there's plenty."  He looks toward Yeamon and Amras, clearly waiting on their decision.
DM Kindred
 GM, 182 posts
Mon 4 Dec 2006
at 23:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 61 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 5 Dec 2006
at 19:27
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx allows the professionals to enter the hidden room. He remains outside to keep watch while they discover and free the prisoners, peering into the room every few moments to see whats happening.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 11 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 12/10/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Tue 5 Dec 2006
at 21:29
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"We heard someone mention something about a boy, but he wasn't in our cell.  Perhaps he's in another location, though I doubt we'd be of much help - we've been kept blindfolded most of the time here. . .

Oh, and where are my manners!  I am Kalem Greycastle, mage of Waterdeep, and my companion here is the lovely Lianna, possessor of magical talents as well.  If you are here to rescue another from the clutches of the Malarites, then it is the least we can do to help you, as you have helped us,"
Kalem said, and put down the cat so it could drink the water offered.  "First, though, we should retrieve our gear.  It's in the chest where the keys were placed, in a false bottom, right about. . .  here!" he continued after leaving the cell and going over to the chest, finding the hidden compartment with ease - he had made use of his spell components that were currently stored there when he had been forced to perform as a spellcaster for the Malarites.  After locating his own and Lianna's items, and getting back into his own comfortable robes, there were some items left at the bottom.  "The rest here is not ours - you may have whatever you'd like from there."
DM Kindred
 GM, 183 posts
Tue 5 Dec 2006
at 22:23
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Basically there are many different types of magical items in the chest. After it has been divided up everyone gets whatever they had asked for their Roa birthday gift. You can place it on your character sheets now.
Yeamon
 player, 115 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Wed 6 Dec 2006
at 07:23
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon introduces himself as 'Brother Yeamon' cautiously to the two newcomers. After depositing a couple of bottles in he pulls out of the chest a cloth cap. Pulling back his hood for a moment, he exposes his shiny bald head, before donning the cap and flipping the hood back over to its normal position.

Yeamon lets out a grunt of satisfaction before saying, "Let's hurry and find the youth as we agreed".
Daven Darkbane
 player, 68 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 7 Dec 2006
at 02:27
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven comes back to the others. He looks from one to the other befor speaking The lights we spotted befor entering has gone. We can not stay for long. We'll pay dearly if we stay much longer. For all we know the ones that are going to replace these are already on there way. He drew his sword and looked at the others againe.
Amras Telperien
 player, 303 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 7 Dec 2006
at 11:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Looking into the chest Amras spots a ring with an animal design carved into the face, "I have been searching for one of these for months."he mutters. He also takes out used but in good condition some studded leather armor as well as another ring. "Plenty left my friends, choose quickly and lets find the boy." he says as he changes into the new leather armor.

Sliding the rings onto a finger on each hand he redraws his sword and waits to move on.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 62 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 7 Dec 2006
at 17:36
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx trots over to the chest and peers in. His face lights up and eagerly reaches in and grabs a handful of wands bundled together. He stows them in his backpack and smiles at the newcomers.

I'm Lynx by the way. Let do a proper introduction after we leave this ghastly place. He moves back to the door to resume his watch.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 69 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 7 Dec 2006
at 18:47
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven grabs his things and wait Where to go. I would suggest we go where we where heading. Towards the room, befor we move towards the pool.
Yeamon
 player, 116 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Fri 8 Dec 2006
at 22:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
With a swish of his cloak, Yeamon moves swiftly through the doorway in the footsteps of Daven. Despite his earlier close encounter, the monk appears full of energy once more. His hands hover at his side, almost giving off their own energy like a field of static.
DM Kindred
 GM, 184 posts
Sat 9 Dec 2006
at 17:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OCC: The lights were heading towars the entrance. Maybe heading to the room you bypassed earlier maybe to the exit. Everyone is now on the ledge after cleaning out the chest. From here you can either head back the way you came after the lights or head deeper into the tunnels.
Madras
 player, 55 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sun 10 Dec 2006
at 02:59
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"I think we'd probably be best off going in deeper.  I doubt they'll have him close to the entrance, if I have the right impression of his importance to them.  Better for us if we aim for the heart of the problem, then take care of the extras on our way out."
   Madras adjusts the straps holding the sunrod to his weapon, looking over his companions -- including the former captives -- to ensure that everyone is in good shape for the inevitable conflict coming.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 70 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 10 Dec 2006
at 12:57
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Well I'll take the lead then. There should be a pool in the other hall ahead if I remember the map correctly. Daven climbs down the rope and start heading for the other hall with the pool. atleast it said so in the map. He stays a bit ahead of the others and try to move as silently as he can.

OCC:
13:57, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 16 using 1d20+8. listen.
13:57, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 26 using 1d20+8. spot.
13:56, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 20 using 1d20+9. hide.
13:56, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 23 using 1d20+14. move silenltly

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 00:59, Mon 11 Dec 2006.

Amras Telperien
 player, 304 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 11 Dec 2006
at 00:31
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras lets Daven move ahead before following, moving as silently as he could and watching out for any more guards.


00:29, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 18 using 1d20+11. Move silently.
00:29, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 18 using 1d20+8. Spot.
00:30, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 20 using 1d20+6. hide.
00:30, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 15 using 1d20+6. Listen.

DM Kindred
 GM, 185 posts
Thu 14 Dec 2006
at 23:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OCC: Since no one else has anything to say I'll move the story along. :)

The party climbs down the ropes silently. Daven leads off with Amras heading out next. The party hears nothing as the two stealthily move out. Soon Daven disappears ahead. The two newcomers are in the middle with Madras just behind. Lynx and Yeamon bring up the rear watching the back trail so that the party has no unwelcome surprises. When the party reach area six they see Daven waiting. The room is filled with bodies. Some are older, skeletons really, while the rest are in various stages of decomposition and the stink made the party's eyes water. Some of the bodies show the marks of a blade while others look to be burned by magic. In the very centre of the room there is an ancient suit of armour that seems to be magical as it has not a spot of rust. The gauntlets were clasped around the hilt of a longsword of equally impressive craftsmanship and rests on the breastplate. A large moonstone is set in the hilt.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 71 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 14 Dec 2006
at 23:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven can not hide his discomfort standing in the room of bodys. he look carefully at the ancient suit of armor with it's longsword drawn. He draws his own blade and hopes it does not spring into life and start attacking them. He had little knowledge of magic eqcept that it could do whatever a wizard could think of.
Amras Telperien
 player, 305 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 15 Dec 2006
at 12:56
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Moving slowly across to the suit of armor Amras studies it but does not touch it, "Nice craftmanship but I think we leave it for now, perhaps collect it on the way back if we get the chance. he whispers. "Let us go find the boy."
Madras
 player, 56 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sun 17 Dec 2006
at 01:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras hooks his morningstar onto his belt, letting it swing, keeping the sunrod attached visible.  Holding up a hand, he says, "Wait a moment.  We might have something here that we can use."
   Still holding his hand before him, he spreads his fingers in front of his face.  "Lathander, Morninglord, show me the power that surrounds me."  For a second, his eyes glow with a bright golden glow; he lowers his hand, looking over the area, as the glow subsides.

[Casting detect magic, let's see if there's anything magical around here.  Likely, I'll have to concentrate into a second or third round to filter out any magic you guys in front of me have.]
DM Kindred
 GM, 186 posts
Sun 17 Dec 2006
at 03:51
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras concentrates for a moment and his eyes glow.
Yeamon
 player, 117 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Mon 18 Dec 2006
at 21:47
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon waits expectantly, for Madras to advise on the way ahead.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 63 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 20 Dec 2006
at 16:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx draws his Mandolin and sets his fingers on the string, ready for anything.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 73 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 1 Jan 2007
at 18:37
Re: Into the Lion's Den
daven walks over to the two former captives. He looks at them. Who knew what they where doing here. Did you hear anything of the guards the talk. It might not have seemed importent at the mpment, but anything about the child or about some places where they kept other captives. He looked around in the area befor speaking again.

Madras, Amras, Lynx Maybe I should go ahead and scout the area. Maybe gain some insight?

This message was lightly edited by the player at 19:30, Mon 01 Jan 2007.

Lianna
 player, 6 posts
Mon 1 Jan 2007
at 19:15
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna's fingers tingle as she recalls her favorite little spell, keeping it at the ready should she need to cast it while she answers the question posed by Daven.  "I do not recall any thing other than what we have already told you, but then I've never had the best mind or memory.  Perhaps Kalem knows more," she suggests quietly.
DM Kindred
 GM, 191 posts
Thu 4 Jan 2007
at 00:49
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Neither Kalem nor Lianna remember anything the guards said about any other captives apart from what they have already imparted. The guards didn't talk much around them. When you all are ready you can head further into the cave. You have the map and it shows only one way to go...
Daven Darkbane
 player, 74 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 4 Jan 2007
at 00:54
Re: Into the Lion's Den
I'll move ahead and scout the are. See you in a little while.He says with a smile and the  starts to move ahead of the others. He sneaked as best he could trough the remaining parts of the cave.

OCC:
I love these rolls. Got two 20s:P

01:52, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 24 using 1d20+8. spot.
01:52, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 17 using 1d20+8. listen.
01:52, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 29 using 1d20+9. hide.
01:52, Today: Daven Darkbane rolled 34 using 1d20+14. Move silently.

Amras Telperien
 player, 309 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 5 Jan 2007
at 14:35
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Letting Daven get ahead Amras then follows on behind.
Yeamon
 player, 119 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sun 7 Jan 2007
at 10:28
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon follows as the group heads after Daven into the darkness beyond, the rogue now fully out of sight. As he walks, the monk calls to mind a mental picture of the druid they fought with back at the forest. He tries to recall with the all the detail he can the build and attire of the figure he'd wrestled with.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 65 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Mon 8 Jan 2007
at 07:47
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx follows along, at the ready to bolster his friends.  Every so often he looks in the direction of the two they saved, hoping that these new companions will be of help to their cause.
Lianna
 player, 7 posts
Mon 8 Jan 2007
at 08:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Knowing that she might be small but silence was not her strong suit, Lianna waited a bit so that Daven could scout ahead before following the others, staying close beside Kalem as she did, casting worried glances his way.  She couldn't wait to get out of there, very far from there.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 14 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 12/10/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Mon 8 Jan 2007
at 12:48
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Walking right besides Lianna, Kalem began to look through his pouch full of spell components when Daven moved on by himself, trying to determine if everything was still there or not.  Satisfied with what he found, he put the pouch back, and waited patiently for the scout to return.
DM Kindred
 GM, 192 posts
Mon 15 Jan 2007
at 22:21
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OCC: Sorry guys, didn't have any internet access for about a week. I'll move the story along now.

The Armour has moderate abjuration and the sword moderate transmutaion.


Daven heads down the tunnel. Does the party wait for him to scout then come back or do they follow?
Amras Telperien
 player, 311 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 15 Jan 2007
at 23:36
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: I think we are following at a distance as per previous posts.
Yeamon
 player, 121 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Mon 15 Jan 2007
at 23:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: Agreed
Lianna
 player, 9 posts
Mon 15 Jan 2007
at 23:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: Follow, yes.  :)
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 66 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 17 Jan 2007
at 06:18
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: SOunds right.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 16 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 12/10/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Wed 17 Jan 2007
at 11:56
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna:
OOC: Follow, yes.  :)

OOC:  Yes, what the lady said.  :-)
DM Kindred
 GM, 195 posts
Fri 19 Jan 2007
at 22:31
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As Daven exits the tunnel he sees a Half Orc standing with a great axe in his hands about50 feet away. He is looking at the tunnel entrance but has not yet seen Daven due to his stealth.

Daven:

You hear the slight footsteps of your less stealthy companions and you know that even though the Half-Orc hasn't noticed you yet he will soon hear them.

Everyone Else:

You see Daven's silhouette ahead in the tunnel.Hre seems to have stopped.
DM Kindred
 GM, 196 posts
Fri 19 Jan 2007
at 22:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den


Figured I'd repost the map. The Orc is standing in the square where the bottom of the 7 is. Remember the squares are 10 feet not 5.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 77 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 19 Jan 2007
at 23:43
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven makes some quick thinking and sheats his rapier and shots at the enemy befor him. He takes a chanse and fires, but the shot is not good, but he hopes that he has a chance atleast to wound it.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:44, Fri 19 Jan 2007.

Yeamon
 player, 123 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sat 20 Jan 2007
at 09:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon recognises the twanging sound of a bow of some sort firing, and figuring Daven must have shot at something ahead springs forward.

The monk barks quickly, "Cover your ears. Your ears!" as he withdraws a thunderstone from his robe pocket. Trying to push aside some of his companions, he moves forward along the narrow passage and prepares to throw the object into the space beyond.

10:27, Today: Yeamon rolled 25 using 1d20+6. Throw thunderstone past Daven.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:28, Sat 20 Jan 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 78 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 21 Jan 2007
at 18:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven quickly let's go of his crossbow and covers his ears befor drawing his rapier and makeing himself ready for combat.
Amras Telperien
 player, 312 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 22 Jan 2007
at 00:08
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras quickly covers his ears and waits for the ear splitting noise.
DM Kindred
 GM, 200 posts
Tue 23 Jan 2007
at 00:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Others have till midnight tomorrow to reply before I set up the battle.
Madras
 player, 58 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Tue 23 Jan 2007
at 02:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras raises his arms, blocking his ears with his upraised shoulders, unwilling to drop his weapon or take the time to loose his shield.
Lianna
 player, 12 posts
Tue 23 Jan 2007
at 03:11
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Not quite sure what the man was up to, Lianna did indeed cover her ears but also turned in to face Kalem with a questioning look, deferring to him as usual when it came to what to do.  He was the brilliant one, of course, she just backed him up with finesse and, if you asked him at least, good looks.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 17 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 12/10/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Tue 23 Jan 2007
at 11:25
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Knowing a thunderstone to only be efficient against targets very close to where it went off, having used several of the useful little items himself in the past, Kalem didn't bother covering his ears, instead starting to cast a spell as fast as he could.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 67 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 23 Jan 2007
at 17:37
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx stands still waiting intently to see what happened.  He readies himself to use his music to bolster everyone.
DM Kindred
 GM, 202 posts
Thu 25 Jan 2007
at 23:15
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The party sees Yeamon's stone hit the orc square in the chest. A loud bang is heard and the creature shakes his head seemingly able to shrug off the effects of the stone.

From behind the pillar you see The druid you all know so well walk out. Couldn't leave well enough alone could you adventurers. Now you will suffer the wrath of the beastlord!


Battle starts":

Initiative order Party wins! You guys post then I post for the bad guys. I'm gonna try and make a map but I'm no good with the software. Gonna try and con DM Darkchylde into doing it for me :). In the meantime I'll just describe the scene. The orc is fifty feet away and the Druid is about 15 feet behind him. The ground is covered with debris, rocks logs etc and you see the remains of a couple campfires and such. Torches on the walls and stuck in the pillars cast an eerie glow around the room.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 68 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 26 Jan 2007
at 02:09
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx concentrates and hums a low tune to himself, to help with the Harmony of his music.

OOC: Casts Harmony: The next use of the Bardic Ability Inspire Courage that begins within 1 minute grants a +2 Morale bonus to attack & weapon damage and a +4 Morale bonus on saves vs. Charm & Fear effects.
Madras
 player, 59 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 26 Jan 2007
at 03:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Don't worry about him.  He just has yet to see the light."  Madras shifts his sunrod-laden morningstar into his shield-hand, watching the druid closely.

[Readying an action to cast spiritual weapon the moment the druid acts.  That way, if he tries to cast a spell I can whap him before he can finish it.]
Amras Telperien
 player, 313 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 26 Jan 2007
at 08:17
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Drawing his swords Amras moves towards the orc.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 79 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 26 Jan 2007
at 14:52
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven moves towards the orc in hopes that he will not be killed after the first blow.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 19 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Fri 26 Jan 2007
at 15:00
Re: Into the Lion's Den
After casting another spell, Kalem moved forward, whispering to Lianna to stay behind him.
Lianna
 player, 13 posts
Fri 26 Jan 2007
at 23:00
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna nodded, moving out of Kalem's way just after pointing to the orc and chanting some words he recognized well as purple bolts of energy flew from her fingers and striking the creature with unerring accuracy.
Yeamon
 player, 127 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sat 27 Jan 2007
at 00:25
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon grunts with annoyance as the orc is dismissive of the loud bang. But the familiar voice of the druid galvanises him once more.

Trying to avoid the orc, Yeamon tries to pick a circling path through the rubble and debris, to approach the druid from the flank.

OOC: Yeamon tries to move as quickly as possible while maintaining what cover he can from the rubble.
DM Kindred
 GM, 203 posts
Sat 27 Jan 2007
at 15:29
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The debris prevents running or charging. I'm working on a map now it won't be very good but at least it'll be something. :) I'll update the enemies attacks at the same time.
DM Kindred
 GM, 204 posts
Sat 3 Feb 2007
at 17:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|  |  |  |  |  |  |DR |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |YE|  |  |Or|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |DA|AM|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 8|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |8
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 9|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |9
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
10|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |LK|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |10
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
11|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |11
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
12|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |MA|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |12
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
13|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |13
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
14|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |KG|LI|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |14
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
15|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |D |D |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |15
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--



Key

DA: Daven
AM: Amras
YE: Yeamon
KG: Kalem Greycastle
MA: Madras
LK: Lynx
LI: Lianna


DR: Druid
OR: Orc


DD: Entrance to cavern


If everyone can tell me where on the map they are after their first round of actions I'll wrap up the round. Amras, Yeamon and Daven took double move actions. Anyone else who actually did anything need to be withn 30ft of the 'DD' symbol on the map.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:04, Wed 07 Feb 2007.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 22 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 20/18/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Sat 3 Feb 2007
at 17:36
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC:  I guess I'll go with I,14.
Madras
 player, 64 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 3 Feb 2007
at 19:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den
[Put me at J12.  Don't forget my action's going to be in response to the druid.]
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 70 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sun 4 Feb 2007
at 20:12
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: Put me at H10.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 81 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 4 Feb 2007
at 20:14
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OCC: My position is alright
Lianna
 player, 14 posts
Mon 5 Feb 2007
at 02:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den
J14, please.
Yeamon
 player, 130 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Mon 5 Feb 2007
at 10:25
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: I'm fine with that
DM Kindred
 GM, 205 posts
Wed 7 Feb 2007
at 01:27
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As the party bursts into action the druid smiles evilly and shouts Kill them!. The orc roars but it is turned into a shriek of pain as Lianna's spell hits him in the chest. The pain doesn't seem to do anything but make the orc more angry and his eyes become red as he becomes even more fearsome to behold. He swings his axe at Amras hitting the Ranger and hurting him severely . The druid meanwhile begins casting a spell but Madras finishes his first and a morningstar of pure force is created just above the druid's head. The weapon swings at the druid who is able to dodge and his spellcassting is not interrupted. A few seconds later a blade of pure flame springs from his hand.

The party is up again.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 71 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 7 Feb 2007
at 03:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx, bolstered by his spell, starts to strum his Mandolin and sing to bolster his friend's spirits in the fight.

OOC: Thanks to the spell I cast, everyone gets a +2 to attacks and Damage, and +4 to saves against fear.
Madras
 player, 65 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 7 Feb 2007
at 03:56
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Still holding his weapon in his off-hand, Madras rushes toward his companions to place his free hand on Amras's shoulder.  "Lathander grants you the power of the first rays of dawn.  Strike true."

[Move to I8, casting bull's strength on Amras.  Don't forget to have my spiritual weapon strike the druid again (+5 to hit, 1d8+1 damage).]
Daven Darkbane
 player, 82 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 7 Feb 2007
at 05:08
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven tryes to feint the big orc and tryes to get trough the armor to wound it.
Amras Telperien
 player, 315 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 7 Feb 2007
at 09:08
Re: Into the Lion's Den
A gasp of pain shocks Amras into action as he brings his pair of swords stabbing and slashing at the orc. The first slash tears into the orc's torso biting deep but the stab with the short sword and the follow up slash cause little damage to the angered beast. Swaying slightly Amras stabs again at the creature, this time finding his way through the orc's defence.

OOC Forgot the +2 for attack and damage and have adjusted below. The bulls strength adjustment was already included.

08:59, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 28 using 1d20+13+2. Longsword attack 1.
09:00, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 16 using 1d8+6+2. Long sword 1 damage.
09:00, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 17 using 1d20+10+2. Short sword 1.
09:00, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 13 using 1d6+6+2. Short sword 1 damage (doubtful) .
09:01, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 17 using 1d20+8+2. Longsword 2 attack.
09:01, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 12 using 1d8+6+2. Longsword 2 damage (again doubtful).
09:01, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 24 using 1d20+7+2. Short sword 2.
09:02, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 11 using 1d6+6+2. Short sword damage 2.

DM Kindred
 GM, 206 posts
Fri 9 Feb 2007
at 05:17
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Bump
Yeamon
 player, 131 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sat 10 Feb 2007
at 19:24
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon charges at the druid, as he does so, the fiery blade springing from his enemy's hands. Undistracted though, and bolstered by Lynx's music, he reaches the druid and smashes his left fist true, into the druid's chest with the power of an iron club.

20:13, Today: Yeamon rolled 28 using 1d20+8. Unarmed attack on druid.
 20:13, Today: Yeamon rolled 9 using 1d8+5. Unarmed damage.
Stunning fist DC 14

OOC: Not actually sure on the rules for possible criticals (natural 20) - feel free to enlighten me!
Sorry for the delay in posting, I've been away for a couple of days.


From DM:

You just need to reroll the attack using the same attack bonus to confirm. Was gonna do it for you but I rolled a natural one. I didn't think that was fair so roll it yourself!


10:57, Today: Yeamon rolled 18 using 1d20+8. confirm critical.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:58, Sun 11 Feb 2007.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 23 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 20/18/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Sat 10 Feb 2007
at 19:31
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Closing in on the druid, Kalem ignored the orc in between, thinking that if the others could not bring it down quickly, his spell-shields would ward him.  At least, that was the plan. . .

Suddenly, Kalem pointed a finger at the druid, spoke a word in ancient draconic, and suddenly two bolts of force darted from his fingers to the druid, striking him directly in the chest.


OOC:  Move to I-8, and cast Magic Missile at the Druid - deals 5 damage.
DM Kindred
 GM, 207 posts
Sun 11 Feb 2007
at 07:43
Re: Into the Lion's Den
I'll give Liana till tomorrow night to post.
Lianna
 player, 15 posts
Mon 12 Feb 2007
at 14:27
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna moved a little to the right, hoping to get a better line of sight in order to cast a better spell soon, and fired another round of energy missiles that struck perfectly without her aiming.
DM Kindred
 GM, 208 posts
Wed 14 Feb 2007
at 19:11
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|  |  |  |  |  |  |DR |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|  |  |  |  |  |YE|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |Or|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |DA|AM|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 8|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |MA|KG|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |8
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 9|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |9
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
10|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |LK|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |10
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
11|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |LI|  |  |  |  |  |  |11
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
12|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |12
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
13|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |13
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
14|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |14
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
15|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |D |D |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |15
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--



Key

DA: Daven
AM: Amras
YE: Yeamon
KG: Kalem Greycastle
MA: Madras
LK: Lynx
LI: Lianna


DR: Druid
OR: Orc


DD: Entrance to cavern


The battle is fully joined and the party reacts as if they have been fighting together for years. Their combined attacks hammer the two foes and give them scarcely any time to react. Lynx's music fills the cavern lifting the spirits of his companions.

After recieving a blessing from Madras, Amras cuts into the orc mercilessly his long and shorts swords almost literally ripping him to shreds. Daven stabs him as well but was unable to reach anywhere vital with his attack. The orc seemed very battered at this point but was still standing. Until Lianna's magic missiles hit it in its chest. It's eyes rolled up into the back of its head and it collapsed just as his axe was raised to strike back at Amras.

Meanwhile the druid dodged the mace hovering over his head once again only to have Yeamon hit him hard in the chest. The druid staggers back a step or two and coughs up blood. It is clear there has been some serious internal damage. He shrugs off the stunning effect however and strikes back ineffectually with his sword. Kalem's attack hits the druid and causes him to flinch but doesn't seem to do much else.

Your up Party!
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 72 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 14 Feb 2007
at 19:35
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx grabs his bow from his back and takes aim, trying not to hurt Yeamon who is currently fighting the Druid.

13:32, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 12 using 1d20+3. Short Bow attack. (+2 song, -4 firing into melee)
13:34, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 6 using 1d6+2. bow damage.
Madras
 player, 66 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 14 Feb 2007
at 21:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras steps away from the fight, advancing on the druid, as his magically-summoned weapon strikes again.  As he does, he calls out a prayer to Lathander, causing a shaft of sunlight to shine on him like a spotlight from the ceiling.  The cleric seems to stand taller -- no, he does stand taller under its light.

[Casting enlarge person on myself, then advancing to I4-J5 (I take up a 10-foot space) and readying my weapon as I move.  Edit: My spiritual weapon ends after this attack.]

This message was last edited by the player at 01:23, Thu 15 Feb 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 83 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 15 Feb 2007
at 00:16
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven does not wast time standing over the body and quickly moves over to the Druid and stab his blade towards the druid with great agilety.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:32, Thu 15 Feb 2007.

Lianna
 player, 16 posts
Thu 15 Feb 2007
at 02:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Why mess with a good thing, Lianna figured with a tiny shrug of her slender shoulders as she repeated her spell, but this time sending it towards the druid who still stood.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:31, Sat 17 Feb 2007.

Amras Telperien
 player, 316 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 15 Feb 2007
at 09:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Happy to see the orc fall Amras moves towards the druid his swords poised to stike.

OOC: Do I get an attack when I reach the druid or do I have to wait til next round?
DM Kindred
 GM, 209 posts
Thu 15 Feb 2007
at 22:12
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Everyone who moves please note what square you move to please.

Amras: You can move and attack.
Yeamon
 player, 132 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Fri 16 Feb 2007
at 12:19
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon sees his punch send the druid stumbling backward, just as a magic arrow flies into his side. Closing in on the druid he nimbly dodges his slashing sword, before dealing two quick palm strikes to his head.

13:11, Today: Yeamon rolled 17 using 1d20+6. attack 1 - flurry.
13:12, Today: Yeamon rolled 10 using 1d8+5. damage.
13:12, Today: Yeamon rolled 13 using 1d20+6. attack 2 - flurry.
13:12, Today: Yeamon rolled 12 using 1d8+5. damage.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 24 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 20/18/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Fri 16 Feb 2007
at 13:27
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Again, Kalem moved towards the druid, before stopping to cast a spell, his reasoning much like Lianna's as he incanted the words for the same spell that he had cast just moments ago one more time.
Amras Telperien
 player, 317 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 16 Feb 2007
at 15:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Moving quickly Amras heads towards the druid and as he gets close he slashes at his opponent with his longsword before following it up with his shortsword before repeating the strokes again.

Moving to H4

Longsword  Att 1 to hit 16 dam 7
Longsword  Att 2 to hit 23 dam 5
Shortsword Att 1 to hit 22 dam 6
Shortsword Att 2 to hit  8 dam 10

DM Kindred
 GM, 210 posts
Sat 17 Feb 2007
at 16:47
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The combined might of the party manages to put the druid down. As Amras stands over him having just layed him low with a sword cut, the Druid looks up at him and says, You fools, you haven't saved the boy. you can't even save yourselves! Even if you manage to defeat my master no one in that fly speck village will want the boy there. We did him a favour taking him with us With those cryptic last words the Druids eyes roll up into the back of his head and he shudders giving one last rattling breath before he expires.


What do you do now?

The battle didn't last long but it was quite noisy. This room is large and there is a central pillar with a pool in the centre. There is also some kind of altar at the back. It is ten feet long and five feet wide. There is a cloth hanging down at the front covering the entire length that has a painted symbol. (the holy symbol of Malar.) The altar takes up sqaures G1 and H1.
DM Kindred
 GM, 211 posts
Sat 17 Feb 2007
at 16:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den


just to remind you what the place looks like. The area you were fighting in was to the side of the pool/pillar in the region of the 7. There are a couple areas that haven't been explored yet.
Madras
 player, 67 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 17 Feb 2007
at 19:29
Re: Into the Lion's Den
[If Amras finished him before my action, I wouldn't've cast my spell.  Is that action considered canceled?  It may be useful later.]
DM Kindred
 GM, 212 posts
Sat 17 Feb 2007
at 19:46
Re: Into the Lion's Den
I'll allow it this time but generally who posts first acts first. But what the heck I'm in a good mood and you guys probably won't make it out alive anyway so why not? *evil grin*
Daven Darkbane
 player, 84 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 19 Feb 2007
at 00:18
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras would you joine me and make sure that the room is secured and not going to risk any damage to us. We need someone to keep watch at the entrance. The goblins might come any minuit. Hurry people we don't got much time. he then moved quickly looking after the boy or anything else that might be of importence.
Madras
 player, 68 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 19 Feb 2007
at 00:38
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"I'll watch the entry," Madras says.  He swings his morningstar experimentally, making sure the sunrod tied to it won't come loose.  "What did he mean that the village won't accept the boy?"

This message was lightly edited by the player at 00:38, Mon 19 Feb 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 85 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 19 Feb 2007
at 00:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Who know. Maybe they ahve made him into a lycantrop, or mayybe he has skill not many in the village know much about. we can find it out later. Also search the bodys and the alter.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 73 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Mon 19 Feb 2007
at 01:32
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx becomes even more worried about the boy after the druid's dying words.  "I presume the villagers may not accept the lad due to his unfortunate ties to the Malarites.  They may not want to deal with the chance of the Malarites coming again.  Regardless, we must find him." says Lynx as he approaches the alter to inspect the area.
Yeamon
 player, 133 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Mon 19 Feb 2007
at 19:28
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon grimaces at the thought of spending any more time in the caves, but refrains from protesting. He'd agreed that they would find the boy after all.

Without offering comment he bends down and looks blankly into the face of the dead druid. All the hatred he had felt to him had slipped away, replaced only with a feeling of emptiness.
DM Kindred
 GM, 213 posts
Tue 20 Feb 2007
at 04:43
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven Darkbane:
Amras would you joine me and make sure that the room is secured and not going to risk any damage to us. We need someone to keep watch at the entrance. The goblins might come any minuit. Hurry people we don't got much time. he then moved quickly looking after the boy or anything else that might be of importence.


There is an altar at the back of the cave. That is the only thing that looks to be of any interest.
Amras Telperien
 player, 318 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 20 Feb 2007
at 09:06
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Of course Daven", replies Amras, moving to join him.

Arriving at the alter Amras will move around it completely before getting any closer.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 86 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Tue 20 Feb 2007
at 15:49
Re: Into the Lion's Den
After having looked all trough the cave Daven searches the Alter to see if there might be something of importence.After all he was a professional burgler.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 25 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 20/18/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Tue 20 Feb 2007
at 16:22
Re: Into the Lion's Den
After making sure that Lianna was all right, Kalem walked over to the altar as well, being something of a scholar and wanting to take a look at it.
DM Kindred
 GM, 214 posts
Tue 20 Feb 2007
at 21:15
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven: You find a secret compartment in the front of the alter.

Kalem: The alter gives off a magical aura but it doesn't seem to be coming from the altar itself.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 26 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 20/18/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Tue 20 Feb 2007
at 21:17
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC:  Ooh, magical auras!

22:17, Today: Kalem Greycastle rolled 23 using 1d20+13. Spellcraft.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 87 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Tue 20 Feb 2007
at 22:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
daven quickly opens the secret compartment and looks at what might be inside.
Amras Telperien
 player, 319 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 22 Feb 2007
at 10:16
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras watches as the two experts check out the alter.
Lianna
 player, 17 posts
Tue 27 Feb 2007
at 04:17
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna doesn't stray far, but she does look around out of curiousity while waiting for Kalem and Daven to finish their tasks.
DM Kindred
 GM, 216 posts
Mon 5 Mar 2007
at 18:09
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven extracts a box from the altar. Inside is:

3 scrolls (Transmutation, Necromancy, Abjuration)
1 Ring (abjuration)
1 Wand (conjuration)

1 Bag (containing a mixture of coins totalling 200gp 75sp 200cp)

Also Kalem you notice glimmers of magic on the dead foes as well.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 27 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 20/18/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Wed 7 Mar 2007
at 21:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Right, the scrolls here are magical - one abjuration, a protective ward of some kind, most likely.  Then, there is one which includes the dark arts of Necromancy, which I have eschewed in my studies, so it will not be of any use to me any more than it would be to a farmer.  Then, there is one which just so happens to be from my area of expertise, as it is, Transmutations, commonly referred to as alterations and the like.  If you give me a few moments, I will try to decipher the writing upon them, but if I fail, I can divine the secrets to them in the morning. . ." Kalem explained, sounding much like a school-teacher at times, though he didn't know how well the others present, Lianna excluded, were familiar with the Art.


[OOC:  Spellcraft-checks to ID the scrolls (DC=20+Spell Level) - duration: 3 Full Round Actions to get all of them.

Transmutation scroll: 32
Conjuration scroll: 16 (fails)
Necromancy: 21]


"Then, the ring carries an aura of abjuration, as well - I would hazard a guess to it either being one of the ever-so-popular Rings of Protection, or perhaps one bestowing elemental resistances.  The wand bears an aura of conjuration, which is to say the school employed for summoning, translocation-magics, as well as magical healing.  And...  I think I sense something on the druid we fell, too!" he continued, and walked over to their fallen foes, scanning them for magic.
Lianna
 player, 18 posts
Thu 8 Mar 2007
at 01:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna nodded knowingly and supportively as Kalem reported what he had found to the group.  When he was finished speaking, she smiled at him and hooked her arm through his while waiting for Daven to report on his finds.
Amras Telperien
 player, 320 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 8 Mar 2007
at 08:10
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Leaving the investigation of the items to the experts Amras remains on alert,"If we can we should pack them away and see if we can find the boy." he says.
Madras
 player, 69 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Thu 8 Mar 2007
at 17:45
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras stays near the entrance of the chamber, only diverting his attention long enough to speak.  "I can carry those, if you want to keep them together until later.  Let's find the child, and hope we don't run into any more trouble along the way.  My magic's almost spent — all I have left is a prayer to increase someone's stature, and a few minor effects.  All of my earth-shattering ones have been used already."
DM Kindred
 GM, 217 posts
Thu 8 Mar 2007
at 18:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The Druid is wearing a magical scimitar and the orc a magical chain shirt.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 28 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 20/18/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Thu 8 Mar 2007
at 18:31
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Smiling softly at Lianna, Kalem leaned down to place a quick kiss on her lips, the way he looked at her telling her just how grateful he was, for everything.  Then, he looked up at the others again, and spoke;

"If we have time, we should bring with us the armor from the orc, and the sword from the druid - they are magical, so even if none of you want them for yourself, we should be able to get a decent price for them," Kalem explained, after making sure that there was nothing else magical in the area.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:07, Thu 08 Mar 2007.

Amras Telperien
 player, 321 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 9 Mar 2007
at 10:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Let us check round the other side of the pool. The boy has got to be around  here somewhere." says Amras looking over in that direction.
DM Kindred
 GM, 218 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2007
at 18:04
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The room is empty of people, or anything else of interest.
Yeamon
 player, 137 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sun 11 Mar 2007
at 09:59
Re: Into the Lion's Den
If you can still fight, we should search the rest of the cavern, quickly. If you're spent, gather up the items.

Yeamon ushers those ready for more to follow him to the unexplored recesses of the cave.
DM Kindred
 GM, 225 posts
Thu 15 Mar 2007
at 22:09
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The search of the cavern is uneventful and the party heads back after gathering up the loot, (in your next post just state hich items if any your character picks up.) you re-enter the area with the bones and the skeleton wearing the arms and armour.

Do you continue on or stop to examine the items again?
Madras
 player, 72 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Thu 15 Mar 2007
at 22:16
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras carefully folds up the armor, draping it over his backpack.  He struggles with the weight for a moment, then adjusts his stance to keep his balance.

[A heavy load won't really hinder me that much; if we want to go ahead and grab stuff off the skeleton, I'll play packmule.]
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 29 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 20/18/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Thu 15 Mar 2007
at 22:28
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC:  Kalem can carry the wand, ring and scrolls until we get them identified.  I'll have an IC post up tomorrow, I'm about to head off for bed now.
Amras Telperien
 player, 322 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 16 Mar 2007
at 08:57
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Let's take it with us. I will get it." says Amras walking up to the skeleton. "Kalem did you have a look at this before?"
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 30 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 20/18/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Tue 20 Mar 2007
at 07:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"No, give me a moment. . ." Kalem answered, and began casting the spell of magical sight again.
DM Kindred
 GM, 226 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2007
at 19:46
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras pauses whil Kalem does his scan.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 31 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 20/18/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Fri 23 Mar 2007
at 12:03
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Hm. . .  yes, it's magical, all right.  The entire room radiates necromancy, actually. . .  but it doesn't look like it's coming from a spell.  Interesting.  And, let's see. . .  the sword holds a moderate aura of evocation - it should be a potent magical blade.  The armor is also enhanced, with an abjuration-effect of similar strength. . .  but, there is something else!  Inside the armor, there is a faint aura of necromancy!  It could be an item dropped inside, or something more sinister - perhaps a spell-trap, set to go off if anyone touches the armor or blade?"
Madras
 player, 73 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 23 Mar 2007
at 19:21
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"That," Madras adds, "or the skeleton inside had been animated before.  That would leave a trace behind, possibly for some time.  Go ahead and pick it up, I'll cover you."

[Readying an action to turn undead, just in case.]

This message was lightly edited by the player at 20:50, Fri 23 Mar 2007.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 32 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Fri 23 Mar 2007
at 19:35
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"An aura of such low power as this one usually fades away within half a minute or so after the spell is cast, so I don't think that is the case here. . .  Let me just try something. . ." Kalem replied, and stepped over towards the set of armor, and carefully tried to remove the sword from it's grasp.
DM Kindred
 GM, 227 posts
Fri 23 Mar 2007
at 22:08
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Kalem walks over to the suit of armour and bends down grasping the sword by the hilt. The gautlet of the suit of armour closes around the hilt preventing him from taking it and the suit itself stands up and you can see the vague outline of an elf inhabitng it. [Elven]Why try you to steal my weapon human?

Madras
Madras
 player, 74 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 24 Mar 2007
at 05:16
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"What did it say?"  Madras advances on the spirit, shifting his weapon into his shield-hand and placing his now-freed hand on his belt, where his holy symbol — a rose-colored disc of wood — hangs by a clip.  "If you can, spirit, speak to us in the Common tongue."

He waits, not yet drawing the emblem forth, allowing it a moment to respond.

[First sign of hostilities, that thing's getting a greater turning.]
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 33 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Sat 24 Mar 2007
at 07:54
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"[Elven] My apologies, noble spirit, I did not mean to steal your blade.  We are fighting to release a child from the vile druids of Malar, however, and I intended to bring this blade against them, in the hopes that it's powerful magic could be the edge we need to bring them down," Kalem explained, and let go of the enhanced blade, not taking the time right now to translate to the priest.
Lianna
 player, 19 posts
Sat 24 Mar 2007
at 21:49
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna, however, quietly translated Kalem's words into common for the benefit of any members of theh group that could not speak elven.  But she made certain to nod her head in respect to the elven spector, wondering if somehow this elf could have been of her mother's line just as she always wondered about any live elf she met.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 88 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 26 Mar 2007
at 13:43
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven stands near the Kalem speaks with the elven armor. He held a close eye at the ting to make sure that he was prepared for a attack if it should happen.
Amras Telperien
 player, 323 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 27 Mar 2007
at 07:55
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras also steps forwards and says in elven, "Yes our apologies. We did not mean to disturb your rest but if I may ask why do you remain here?"
Yeamon
 player, 138 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Wed 28 Mar 2007
at 16:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon does nothing, but stand uneasily in the company of the spirit. He waits for the cue of those who have an apetite for talking to the dead, hoping that the situation will resolve itself without involving him.
DM Kindred
 GM, 228 posts
Sat 31 Mar 2007
at 23:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The ghost goes silent for a moment and seems to be fading in and out of the material plane. When he finally speaks his voice is filled with profound sadness.

A Paladin of Correllon Larethian I am, or was. I led a party of my fellow elves in here in battle many decades ago. We came in here to dispose of a band of foul orcs who had been using the place as a base. I was killed here and my holy symbol stolen by a shaman of the orc god Gruumsh. His foul touch upon it wounded my soul and I did not have the heart to seek Arvandor. I turned away from my reward and now I am here.

I managed to kill most of the orcs who were here but the cursed shaman managed to get away with my holy symbol and I am stuck in this room.
He waved a hand at all the skeletons on the floor I manage to kill any who try to steal my belongings so the folk who now inhabit this cavern have learned to leave me be.

If you wish my sword and armour, you must return to me my holy symbol. The shaman knowing that I could not leave this room hid my symbol somewhere in this cavern. He left it purposefully knowing that I would sense its power and not be able to retrive it.


The ghosrt gives off a moan so terrible and saddening that all in the room feel touched by his profound misery. He starts to flicker once again, The symbol is in here in a room that you have not searched yet bring it back and you will be rewarded. Please, allow me my rest.

With that the armour floats back down and the ghost is gone.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:53, Sat 31 Mar 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 89 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 2 Apr 2007
at 14:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Maybe that is where the boy is. We need to find him. we can not let him be left behind to these things He got forth his blade and started to walk towards the room they had not searched.  he got to be there. I'll slaughter all who stand in my path. Every orc, goblin or foul creatur in my path. Apperently Daven had something on his mind, because it seemed like he was not speaking so much to the others as himself. He was by far not a man to give much to others. Well taken his profession atleast.
Madras
 player, 75 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 2 Apr 2007
at 20:15
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras shifted his morningstar back into his free hand, shifting his grip on his shield to allow him to control it again.  "Remind me to stay behind this man at all times.  Let's go find this shaman.  There's a room we haven't yet reached?  Let's go to it, then."
DM Kindred
 GM, 229 posts
Mon 2 Apr 2007
at 22:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OCC: There was a passage when you just entered the cavern where you could have gone left but you went right. Judging by the map there are only one or two rooms up that way.
Amras Telperien
 player, 324 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 3 Apr 2007
at 08:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Joining Daven, Amras easily keeps pace with him, "Let's move I don't like what that druid said about the boy. Let's hope we are not too late!"
DM Kindred
 GM, 230 posts
Fri 6 Apr 2007
at 07:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The party moves swiftly and silently through the cavern reaching the door they had discovered earlier. Though about 45 minutes have passed since they were here before, the noise still continues and the party hears mostly the gruff voices of orcs speaking their gutteral tongue. By the sound of it there is some sort of revelry going on behind the stout wooden door.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 90 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 6 Apr 2007
at 13:37
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven goes close to the door and try to listen how many voices there are inside. it's always nice to know what you are up againest. He also checks the door to see if it's locked.
Yeamon
 player, 139 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sun 8 Apr 2007
at 09:30
Re: Into the Lion's Den
With the apparition thankfully gone for the time being, Yeamon follows Daven and Amras's lead. With a quick arm movement, he wipes away the cold sweat that had appeared on his brow, brought on by the presence of the unnatural thing.
Amras Telperien
 player, 325 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 12 Apr 2007
at 14:03
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras moves up to the door and listens carefully.
DM Kindred
 GM, 233 posts
Sat 14 Apr 2007
at 16:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
It sounds as if there are a large number of orcs inside. 10-15 maybe.
Yeamon
 player, 141 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sun 15 Apr 2007
at 08:13
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Listening to the descriptions of what the others can here, Yeamon grunts in concern. He whispers in his deep voice "I think it unwise to disturb them. We cannot overwhelm so many in our present condition. Perhaps not at all. Unless any of you have any bright ideas?". He looks expectantly in the direction of the two newcomers.
Amras Telperien
 player, 326 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 16 Apr 2007
at 13:51
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"But we need to find the boy and my guess is he is in there."whispers Amras.
Yeamon
 player, 142 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Tue 17 Apr 2007
at 09:22
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"This boy could cost us all our lives. There are many hostile creatures behind that door. If he is in there, he will likely be dead before we reach him; at least if we barge in. If we must rescue him, there must be a better way, so that we do not throw our lives away cheaply." Yeamon's voice, still hushed, is full of concern.

Again, looking around at the others, the monk lays pulls back his hood revealing a cloth cap. Addressing them all, "I can change my appearance with item. I could enter disguised as the druid we slew. I don't know if it will fool them, but we could use it to create a distraction. Perhaps you could hold me hostage until they let the boy go?" Yeamon looks around for a reaction.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:23, Tue 17 Apr 2007.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 36 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Tue 17 Apr 2007
at 11:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"An illusion might give us the edge we need - and I think I can provide another, as well.  I can turn one of us invisible, so they could slip behind the enemies' backs, and provide us with a tactical advantage thus."
Amras Telperien
 player, 327 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 17 Apr 2007
at 11:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"That could work assuming the orcs follow the druid without question and I think it could be worth a go. If we stay near the wall at least we can make sure we do not get surrounded." whisper Amras in reply.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 93 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 18 Apr 2007
at 12:47
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Well all sounds like a good idea. I suggest that we do both. Let's assume that the boy is chained down with lock and all. Who here can open locks without me. It would be mighty hard to get trough invisible trough the door without anyone noticing that the door opened and closed. Wait. Does anyone speak orcish. We could try and fool them by sound the alarm and making them run all the way down into the cavern and while they did that make the rescue attemt of the boy and as well make our escape. he wisphered slowly. He kinda liked that idea. It could actully work without them all dying.
Lianna
 player, 24 posts
Wed 18 Apr 2007
at 12:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna stays quiet, supporting the plan but with a tiny frown on her face nevertheless.  Once again she was proving useless, unable to help her Kalem nor their rescuers in saving a poor little boy.
Madras
 player, 78 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 18 Apr 2007
at 17:16
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras sets his morningstar against the wall, then rubs his chin with his free hand.  "I can't speak Orcish, and there's no way I could move quietly in this armor.  And this weapon isn't exactly the sort you'd use to threaten someone.  I could use this, though," he says, withdrawing a silver-bladed dagger.
   "If we want to try the hostage route, I could be the aggressor.  If one of you goes invisible, though, you'll want to be able to move without sound."

[OOC: I can give the sneaky-type person a guidance spell before we go, give them an extra +1 to one skill roll.]
Yeamon
 player, 143 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Wed 18 Apr 2007
at 22:17
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Seeing that there was some approval of the plan, Yeamon quickly nodded. "Madras, you take hold of me, and put that dagger to my throat. Be careful mind. Amras, too; the three of us should venture in. Kalem, can you make Daven disappear before us? The rest of you stay out of sight but within earshot. Let's not show them our whole hand yet." With that the monk closes his eyes, concentrating on the image of the druid that he had now fought twice. His appearence began to flicker....

This message was last edited by the player at 22:20, Wed 18 Apr 2007.

DM Kindred
 GM, 236 posts
Thu 19 Apr 2007
at 05:15
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon's features become liquid and his face changes into the face of the druid you just killed.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:51, Thu 19 Apr 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 94 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 19 Apr 2007
at 12:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Giving a nod to Kalem Daven makes ready to be turned invisible and only hoped that it would work. How fun would it not be if he turned vsible in the middle of a whole groupe of orcs.
Lianna
 player, 25 posts
Fri 20 Apr 2007
at 01:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Tentatively, the shy sorceress stepped forward, clearing her throat softly.  "I...I can see what you are trying to do, but I can still tell that it is not you.  Now I hope that I am much smarter than the average orc, but it is your own life as well as the boys that you are risking.  I just thought that you should know," Lianna said, several times glancing at Kalem as if for reassurance while she twisted around her finger a ring with a gem set in that matched the color of her hair.
Madras
 player, 79 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 20 Apr 2007
at 01:52
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras reaches up and flips Yeamon's hood back over his head.  He then places a hand on Kalem's head, asking Lathander to guide his steps, then wraps his shield-arm around the monk's shoulders.

"Best way to do this is to not give them a chance to look too closely.  Let me play the bad guy; a cleric of the Morninglord versus their clearly twisted druid?  They'll buy that."  He brings up his knife and positions himself so that he can give the door a firm kick.  "If they get violent, I've got a little trick that'll give them pause."  He nods, waiting for the aforementioned invisibility spell.

[I cast guidance on Kalem, giving him a +1 on one skill check or attack roll.  Make it count.]
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 37 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Fri 27 Apr 2007
at 13:32
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC:  You might want to use that spell on someone else, Madras - Kalem won't be doing any skill checks, and he'll be a weak choice for melee combat, with or without that +1 bonus.

Casting his spell upon Daven, Kalem turned the rogue invisible, before moving to stand next to Lianna again, waiting for their plan to be set into motion. . .
Madras
 player, 82 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 27 Apr 2007
at 19:25
Re: Into the Lion's Den
[Yeah, it was meant for Daven to use on his Move Silent roll.]

As soon as Kalem finishes his spell, Madras puts his shield-arm around Yeamon, brings his knife up to a threatening position, and kicks the door open.  "Anyone move and the druid dies," the priest intones, putting on his best air of righteousness.  He pauses for just a second — giving Daven the time he'd need to slip through the door — before half-dragging his 'prisoner' into the room.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 96 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 28 Apr 2007
at 12:38
Re: Into the Lion's Den
After daven is made invisble he is not seen or heared unless you had the ears of god know what but atleast extreamly keen.
DM Kindred
 GM, 238 posts
Sat 28 Apr 2007
at 21:55
Re: Into the Lion's Den
When you enter the room you see that there are not quite as many orcs as you thought before. 5 orcs sit around a long table eating meat that looks mostly raw. A look of shock and dumb surprise is clearly marked on their faces. In one corner you see the boy with a leash around his neck. A chain goes from the leash to the wall where it seems to be anchored by a spike driven into the rock. He has several wounds that seem to be healing badly. They look like bite marks.

OCC: Need a bluff check Madras.
Madras
 player, 83 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sun 29 Apr 2007
at 20:24
Re: Into the Lion's Den
[Argh!  Rock bottom!  A 3.  Even if you give them the 'wants to believe' penalty, it'd take a miracle for this to work.  Expect things to go pear-shaped, peeples!]
Yeamon
 player, 145 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Thu 3 May 2007
at 18:07
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon waits, poised for action, trying to gauge whether the ruse is working. He drops his head low, so that the hood covers as much of his face as possible, and squirms in a feeble fashion under the arm of Madras.
DM Kindred
 GM, 239 posts
Thu 3 May 2007
at 22:24
Re: Into the Lion's Den
An orc who you take to be the leader stands and looks weirdly at you. You can tell he doesn't beleive you. He suddenly throws his head back and roars with laughter, Nice try Sun Priest! he sneers, I know that your weak god would never allow you to kill our master in cold blood so why don't you let him go and then we will kill you quickly instead of torturing you to death. The orc grins evilly and stares directly at Madras a cold malevolence reflected in his eyes.
Madras
 player, 84 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 4 May 2007
at 03:07
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras looks up at the orc, meeting its gaze and refusing to flinch.  A corner of his mouth quirks up, and he says two words in the Celestial tongue.  In response, a shaft of sunlight beams down from the ceiling, and when it fades, the cleric is over ten feet tall.  The dagger he'd been holding now more closely resembles a pike, and the morningstar held in his off-hand is nearly as big as the orc's head.
   "Who's weak now, toothless?"

[Starting the festivities by casting enlarge person on myself.  Clobberin' time.]
Amras Telperien
 player, 328 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 4 May 2007
at 13:11
Re: Into the Lion's Den
With both sword sword and long sword drawn Amras remains outside the room but near the door ready to run to Madras's help.
Yeamon
 player, 146 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sat 5 May 2007
at 09:07
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Sensing he only has a moment to act to save their ruse, Yeamon throws himself forward toward the orcs, as if he has wrestled himself from the priest's grasp as he cast his spell. He prays that orcs will rush to his aid...
Daven Darkbane
 player, 97 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 5 May 2007
at 12:31
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven still not seen.
DM Kindred
 GM, 244 posts
Wed 6 Jun 2007
at 15:43
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |  |  |AT|  |Or|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|KG|  |MA|MA|  |Or| T|Or|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|LI|  |MA|MA|  |Or| T|Or|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |  |  |  |  |Or|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |DD|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |YE|By| |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--


Key:

DD: Door
TT: Table
Or: Orc
MA: Madras
YE: Yeamon
DD: Daven
By: Boy
AT: Amras
LI: Lianna

Ok this is how it is set up as of now. Can the rest of you please let me know where you are if you've entered the room yet? The party won initiative and can go first. Anyone who acts and is outside the room just once you enter just name the square you end up in so I can update accordingly. Once again sorry for the delay but When my pc crashed I lost a lot of info.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:02, Sat 16 June 2007.

Madras
 player, 86 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 6 Jun 2007
at 19:31
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As Yeamon jumps out of the way, Madras growls in fury and swings his massive morningstar.  The weapon sails over the monk's head, smashing into the nearest orc.

[Five-foot step towards the orcs  (I'll be in C3-D4).  Invoking my Feat of Strength ability, then hitting AC 13 (which probably missed) for 10 points of damage.  Cursed 20-sider!]
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 99 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 6 Jun 2007
at 21:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven stabs they orc next to him in the back and quickly readys himself to be in a great deal of danger. you should keep you eyes open. he whispers into the orcs ear. You never know when death may come.
Yeamon
 player, 147 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Thu 7 Jun 2007
at 09:45
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As Madras swings his weapon overhead toward the orcs, Yeamon rolls to the side and to his feet. He then races as fast as he can toward the boy in an arc to the right of the group of orcs.
Amras Telperien
 player, 330 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 7 Jun 2007
at 10:30
Re: Into the Lion's Den
With the rising noise Amras realises the plan has failed and rushes into the room.

On entering the room he heads left and towards the orcs.

Anywhere along the "2" row dependent on how far I can get.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 39 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Thu 7 Jun 2007
at 14:02
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Moving to stand in the door, Kalem raised his wand, and after speaking a simple command word, he unleashed bolts of magical force into the orc which had been doing the talking, meaning to silence the wretched being forever. . .
DM Kindred
 GM, 245 posts
Thu 7 Jun 2007
at 16:55
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras:

You can move to E2 using 30ft of movement, (5 outside the room and 25 inside) so you can still attack once.

Yeamon:

With your fast movement ability you can reach the boy this round by using a double move.

I have updated everyone on the map to reflect their movement during the round so far. Once everyone has posted the orcs will go. And I will make a wrap up post for round one.
Amras Telperien
 player, 331 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 8 Jun 2007
at 08:40
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Reaching the orcs Amras slashes at the first orc his longsword biting deep into the orc.

Steadying himself Amras brings his shortsword into sight and stares at the orc, blood dripping from the blade of the longsword.

09:36, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 25 using 1d20+11. Longsword attack vs orc.
09:36, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 8 using 1d8+4. Damage.

DM Kindred
 GM, 246 posts
Wed 13 Jun 2007
at 02:13
Re: Into the Lion's Den
I'm gonna give Lianna a day or two more.
Lianna
 player, 29 posts
Wed 13 Jun 2007
at 02:40
Re: Into the Lion's Den
So sorry!

Lianna steps up be Kalem and peeks around the door, casting her most powerful spell but, unfortunately, misses.
DM Kindred
 GM, 248 posts
Sat 16 Jun 2007
at 16:54
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |  |  |AT|  |OC|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|KG|  |MA|MA|  |B1| T|W1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|LI|  |MA|MA|B2|  | T|W2|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |  |  |  |  |WH|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |DD|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |YE|By| |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--


Key


Allies
AT: Amras (15 damage)
KG: Kalem
LI: Lianna
DD: Daven
YE: Yeamon
MA: Madras
BY: Boy



Enemies
OC: Orc Cleric
WH: Orc ?
B1: Barbarian (8 damage)
B2: Barbarian
W1: Werewolf
W2: Werewolf






As the party springs into action, the orcs are taken somewhat by surprise. Amras rushes into the room and cuts deeply into one while Daven sneaks up from behind and stabs one in the back. A now giant sized Madras tries to take down another but the orc nimbly ducks out of the way avoiding the large morningstar. Kalem and Lianna enter and cast thier spells. Kalem's magic missile bringing a hiss of anger from the orc while Lianna's ray goes wide, burning a fist sized hole in the nearby wall. Yeamon sprints towards the boy avoiding the orcs altogether and they for the most part ignore him, focusing instead on the ones attacking them.

The orc hit by Daven's and Kalem's attacks, (WH) starts to chant, a low animalstic chant that sounds more like the growling of an animal. The other orcs seem to take heart at this and begin to attack the PC's. The orc at the top of the table (OC) takes a step back and starts to wave his hands in mystic passes while chanting a prayer to his unholy diety (DC: 16 spellcraft to identify spell). The orc who had dodged Madras' blow, feeling confident now screams a cry to Malar and steps forward.(B2) He draws a greataxe from his back and takes a mighty swing. His confidence may be miss placed however as MAdras didn't even need to defend against the blow that went harmlessly wide even though he was such a big target. The orc beside him still somewhat reeling from the blow Amras gave him, screams a battle cry and counter attacks his axe biting deep into the ranger. The other Two orcs (W1, W2) give howls of rage and their bodies start changing. Their snouts elongate, and fur covers thier whole bodies. They grow claws and their tusks turn into sharp fangs. They seem to be a hybrid mixture of orc and wolf, and anypne who has ever heard the firside tales knows exactly what they are, werewolves.




OCC: The orc who was doing the talking is the one that Daven Sneak attacked (WH).

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:49, Sat 16 June 2007.

Madras
 player, 87 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 16 Jun 2007
at 17:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras raises his morningstar, bringing it crashing down on one orc's head.

[Heh.  You said it was a sword.  I hit AC 20 for 10 points.  Take that!]
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 102 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 16 Jun 2007
at 22:12
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven tryes to feint the orc while. It's not the best he ahs preformed, but some might have fallen for it. He tryes to thrust his blade under the woundable spot at the armpit hoping that his blade would strike true and get trough the armor and cut past the flesh wich lay underneat and bring down the orc.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:11, Mon 18 June 2007.

Yeamon
 player, 151 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sun 17 Jun 2007
at 19:44
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon comes to a halt at the boy's side, giving him a cold stare. He then seizes the youth's forearm in his powerful hand."Stay with me. "

Turning back to the fight, he reaches into his belt to withdraw three shuriken. "Are there others?" he asks the boy.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:10, Mon 18 June 2007.

Lianna
 player, 33 posts
Sun 17 Jun 2007
at 20:48
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna again uses her powerful spell, this time aiming true, thankfully, with a triumphant look on her face.  Being helpful and useful was important to her, especially in such dire circumstances.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:18, Mon 18 June 2007.

DM Kindred
 GM, 250 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2007
at 03:12
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Replies in posts above.
Amras Telperien
 player, 332 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 18 Jun 2007
at 09:00
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Now able to bring his shortsword into play Amras stabs at his opponent before bringing his long sword around in arc in an attempt to slice through the orcs armor.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 40 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Fri 22 Jun 2007
at 11:57
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Kalem moved into the room, and fired off another charge from his wand, sending missiles of force hurling towards the orc closest to Daven.
DM Kindred
 GM, 251 posts
Sat 23 Jun 2007
at 17:07
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |  |  |AT|W1|OC|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|KG|  |MA|MA|  |B1| T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|LI|  |MA|MA|B2|  | T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |WH|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |DD|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |W2|YE|By| |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--


Key


Allies
AT: Amras (15 damage)
KG: Kalem
LI: Lianna
DD: Daven
YE: Yeamon
MA: Madras
BY: Boy



Enemies
OC: Orc Cleric
WH: Orc War Howler (18 damage)

B1: Barbarian (Deceased)

B2: Barbarian (10 damage)
W1: Werewolf
W2: Werewolf



As Yeamon tries to get the boy away he realises that the boy is chained to the wall. In response to his question the boy simply whimpers and turns away, closing his eyes and trying to drag his arm out of Yeamon's hand. Daven manages to slip his blade past his opponents defenses bring a howl of rage from the orc Just then Kalem's magic missiles hit and he screams once again. His eyes become more feral and gives Daven a toothy snarl before bounding away towards the spellcasters. Unable to reach Kalem, he heads for the other. It is Lianna who is directly in his path and the others can see that he is intending to put her down for good. (Daven and Madras need to make AOO's before the PC's post their next action. I'll resolve that and then the fight can go onward. If by say tomorrow night they haven't I will do it for them. As for now the orc is charging Lianna and it has hit. If you guys don't take it down before it reaches her she's gonna be in a world of pain.) Meanwhile Madras manages to bring his morningstart down on the head of his opponent and though shaken the orc manages to return a swing of his own. Luckily Madras' hit seemed to have disoriented the creature and it once again fails to hit.

The orc engaging Amras is badly burnt by Lianna's spell allowing the ranger to take him out. Amras' two swords cut into the orc, who clutches his wounds as he falls to the floor. One werewolf runs over to Yeamon and the boy and the other one advances to stand between Amras and OC. He swings a claw at the ranger but the Amras easily dodges the clumsy blow. The other orc, (OC) now with protection, stands calmly and cast another spell. (dc: 16 spellcraft )

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:49, Sat 07 July 2007.

Madras
 player, 88 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 23 Jun 2007
at 17:51
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras's morningstar flashes as it swings in a high arc, coming around to catch the war-howler's legs.  As the weapon smashes through the orc's defenses, he brings it up into his first opponent's midsection.  "Amras, give me room!  Daven, help the boy!  Get moving!"
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 103 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 23 Jun 2007
at 18:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven thrust his blade into the orc as it goes past him. I's one of his better strikes and he hopes to bring it down swiftly and efficient as well. As to Madras request he says I can open locks but not break chains.
Madras
 player, 89 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 23 Jun 2007
at 18:14
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Forget the lock, get the orc!"
DM Kindred
 GM, 252 posts
Sat 23 Jun 2007
at 18:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As the orc charges Lianna her allies do not fail her, as he moves off Daven takes advantage of his change of focus and stabs him. Luckily, he gets past his defenses and hits him in the throat. As the gurgling orc runs by him Madras' morning star whips out and hits him over the head felling him for good.

The regular round can go now.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:24, Sat 23 June 2007.

Yeamon
 player, 153 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sat 23 Jun 2007
at 20:02
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Something in the boys face makes Yeamon turn, just in time to see the arrival of the orc cum werewolf. Without time to draw a weapon, the monk pivots and drives an iron fist toward the oncoming figures head, shouting as he does so.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:40, Sun 24 June 2007.

Lianna
 player, 34 posts
Sun 24 Jun 2007
at 16:37
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna's eyes widen in horror, knowing that there is nothing she can do to stop the monster barreling towards her.  She cringes, moving away from Kalem to keep him as protected as possible while calling to mind her spell again in case she should get one last chance to cast before what was surely to be a painful death.

Her horror changes to shock as her new companions save her life.  But, still shaking and afraid, not to mention shocked, her spell flies far over the head of the spellcasting cleric as she recognized the spell he had just cast.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:29, Sun 24 June 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 GM, 104 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 24 Jun 2007
at 22:28
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven cast a look over at Yeamon befor he he rushes to attack the Orc cleric with his trusted blade. as he moves towards his intended pray he shouts out to Yeamon Hold on. SHall just silents this one first and I'll be right over. As he finish speaking he get's to the cleric and thrust his blade towards the cheast as hoping that he'll hit the heart ending the orcs life quick and efficient.
Amras Telperien
 player, 333 posts
 HP 28/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Mon 25 Jun 2007
at 15:45
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Staring at the were wolf Amras tenses as he steps up his attack ignoring the blood seeping from the wound caused by the creatures claw, the long sword singing through the air and biting deep into the wolfs fur. Continuing the attack the blade of the sword sword draws blood as he stabs the creature before returning the long sword back along the same arc and biting deeper into the fles of the lycanthrope.


16:29, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 22 using 1d20+11. L/Sword Att 1.
16:30, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 17 using 1d20+10. S/sword att 1.
16:30, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 25 using 1d20+6. L/Sword att 2.
16:39, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 17 using 1d20+6. poss crit - l/sword 2.
16:39, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d8+4. l/sword dam 1.
16:39, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 5 using 1d8+4. l/sword dam 2.
16:40, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 12 using 1d8+4. l/sword poss crit dam.
16:40, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 6 using 1d6+4. s/sword damage.
DM Kindred
 GM, 254 posts
Sat 30 Jun 2007
at 17:13
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OCC: I was waiting on KAlem but I remember he will be away for a bit. Update to come.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 41 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Sat 7 Jul 2007
at 18:43
Re: Into the Lion's Den
NPC'd by GM:

Kalem activates his wand again firing at the werewolf attacking Amras.

Damage: 8

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:43, Sat 07 July 2007.

DM Kindred
 GM, 257 posts
Sat 7 Jul 2007
at 19:06
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |  |  |AT|W1|OC|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|KG|  |MA|MA|  |B1| T|DD|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|LI|  |MA|MA|B2|  | T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |WH|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |W2|YE|By| |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--


Key


Allies
AT: Amras (24 damage)
KG: Kalem
LI: Lianna
DD: Daven
YE: Yeamon (6 damage)
MA: Madras (20 damage)
BY: Boy



Enemies
OC: Orc Cleric (7 damage)

WH: Orc War Howler (Deceased)
B1: Barbarian (Deceased)

B2: Barbarian (15 damage)
W1: Werewolf (15 damage)
W2: Werewolf



As the warhowler dies in a crumpled heap thanks to a combined attempt by Daven and Madras the party continue their attempts to conclude the battle. Lianna, being shook up by the latest attempt on her life, sends her attack wide burning a scorch mark on the opposite wall of the cavern. Amras manages to hit the werewolf three times but only one of the hits manage to do any permanent damage. The other two heal immediately as the werewolf snarls in pain from Kalem's Magic Missile attack. Yeamon doesn't manage to hit his opponent and the wolf smiles a feral grin. Madras manages to hurt the barbarian he is fighting but the tough orc wrapped in his beserker rage, ignores the damage the cleric inflicted and counter attacks with a powerfull swing of his greataxe, the powerful swing connects solidly almost knocking back the giant sized cleric. Daven manages to stab the orcish priest who rattles off a spell opening himself up for another attack. Daven's rapier stabs throught the orcs shoulder but the cleric grits his teeth against the pain but manages to get the spell off anyway.  A glowing green nimbus surrounds the cleric's hand as he tries to touch Daven. The skilled rogue manages to dodge out of the way. The werewolf attacking yeamon attempts to bite him but missed. Amras is hit twice by successive claw attacks scratching him up further.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:10, Sat 14 July 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 GM, 105 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 7 Jul 2007
at 19:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven laughs a madening laughter and shout out Is that all you got. Come let's have areal fight and leave the hairpulling to the girls ah. he stabs againe at the at the chest of the cleric, putting all his force into it and a great deal of elegance into it as he easely moves around to confuse his enemy of what he is doing. He throws another look back at Yeamon. I'll be there shortly my mediating friend.
Madras
 player, 90 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 3/23, SV 4/1/6
Sun 8 Jul 2007
at 19:41
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras cries out in pain as the berserker's axe drives deeply into his abdomen.  Backpedaling desperately, the cleric transfers his morningstar to his shield-hand and pulls a glass vial from his belt.  Popping the cork off with his thumb, he gulps down the contents and tosses the bottle aside; it instantly shrinks back down to its normal size before shattering on the floor.

[5-foot step northward, drinking a potion of cure light wounds.]
Amras Telperien
 player, 335 posts
 HP 19/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 08:16
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Feeling the blood seep from the claw wounds made by the werewolf Amras screams out as he slashes and stabs at the unnatural creature in front of him, "Oh glorius Mielikki help me cleanse the world of this creature" he shouts as he brings his longsword down onto the werewolf once more. The blade slices through the creature's fur and Amras prays the cut is deeper enough to hurt. Adjusting his stance he stabs once more at the creature before bringing the long sword around in an arc and once again it bites deep into the creatures flesh.
Yeamon
 player, 154 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Mon 9 Jul 2007
at 17:09
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Caught between tackling the were-creature and shielding the boy, Yeamon misjudges his distance with two successive punches toward the beast. He grunts in frustration and instinctively ducks low in the hope of slipping his opponents counter-attack.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:12, Mon 09 July 2007.

Lianna
 player, 35 posts
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 19:59
Re: Into the Lion's Den
NPC'd by DM

Lianna settles herself and pushes back her fear. As Madras moves out of the way, fires another ray of fire at the orc beserker. This time it hits burning deep into the flesh of the pig faced creature.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:59, Sat 14 July 2007.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 41 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 20:00
Re: Into the Lion's Den
NPC'd by DM

Kalem discharges his wand once again two balls of light slamming into the barabarian.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:00, Sat 14 July 2007.

DM Kindred
 GM, 260 posts
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 20:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |MA|MA|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |MA|MA|AT|W1|OC|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|KG|  |  |  |  |B1| T|DD|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|LI|  |  |  |B2|  | T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |WH|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |W2|YE|By| |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--


Key


Allies
AT: Amras (24 damage)
KG: Kalem
LI: Lianna (18 damage)
DD: Daven  (9 Damage)
YE: Yeamon (6 damage)
MA: Madras (20 damage)
BY: Boy



Enemies
OC: Orc Cleric (10 damage)

WH: Orc War Howler (Deceased)
B1: Barbarian (Deceased)

B2: Barbarian (39 damage)
W1: Werewolf (17 damage)
W2: Werewolf


As Madras moves northward to get out of the way of the Barbarians axe, Kalem and Lianna hit the orc with a barrage of magical energy. The orc screams out in pain and fixes a hatefull gaze on the two spellcasters. With a primal scream, of rage this time not pain dismissing Madras as out of the fight, he rushes forward to attack the authors of his agony Charging Lianna. Once again she sees death staring her in theAOO: Madras . Amras maganges to scratch the werewolf again but it stubbornly stays up lashing out with its claws. The ranger manages to weave a web of steel between him and his foe however and manages to keep the claws and snapping jaws away from him. Yeamon also manages to avoid the attacks of his enemy and once again they fight to a stalemate. The cleric falls to his knees after Daven's strike but reaches out again with his glowing hand nonetheless. This time, he manages to touch Daven and the rogue feels dark energies flow through his body  and he flinches in pain.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:03, Sat 14 July 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 GM, 106 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 20:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven tryes again to feint the orc cleric to make a quick end of him, but the is pain is so overwhelming and eyes fall from his eyes and slides down his face. He then thrust his blade towards the kneeling cleric.
DM Kindred
 GM, 261 posts
Sat 14 Jul 2007
at 21:16
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Orc cleric is dead.
Yeamon
 player, 155 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sun 15 Jul 2007
at 08:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The werewolf's blows slice the air above Yeamon's head, as he reamins in a crouched position. Then stepping forward, and straightening his legs, he drives a powerful uppercut under the creatures chin. It connects with a crack, jarring his opponent backward. As it begins to recover its balance, the monk drives his left fist full into the creatures ribs, screaming once more has he tries to stun the beast.
Amras Telperien
 player, 337 posts
 HP 19/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Mon 16 Jul 2007
at 12:51
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Continuing the battle with the werewolf Amras's strokes continue to catch the werewolf , the various blades slashing and stabbing into the creature's torso.




13:49, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d6+4. shortsword dam 1.
13:49, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 9 using 1d8+4. longsword dam 2.
13:49, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 10 using 1d8+4. Longsword dam 1.
13:49, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 17 using 1d20+4. Longsword att 2.
13:48, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 21 using 1d20+8. Shortsword att.
13:48, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 17 using 1d20+9. Longsword att 1.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 42 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Mon 16 Jul 2007
at 13:57
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Lianna!  Get away from him, quick!" Kalem cried out, and before she could even reply, but let a relieved sigh out when the orc was tripped and landed on his face on the ground.  Instead, he quickly retrieved a potion, and reached out to give it to Lianna, seeing how hurt she was by now.  "Drink this, please?"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:13, Sun 05 Aug 2007.

DM Kindred
 GM, 264 posts
Sat 4 Aug 2007
at 16:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The orc charging Lianna is tripped by Madras and lands prone in C4. Madras is still to act as well as Lianna and Kalme may want to change his actions.
Lianna
 player, 38 posts
 HP 08/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Mon 20 Aug 2007
at 18:29
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna realized how hurt she was or else she would never have agreed with Kalem, leaving him in danger.  But without argument she took the potion and moved behind him, quickly drinking it down but as soon as the vial was empty, she grabbed the back of Kalem's robes, trying to pull him back closer to her.
DM Kindred
 GM, 266 posts
Sat 25 Aug 2007
at 15:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |MA|MA|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |MA|MA|AT|W1|OC|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|KG|  |  |  |  |B1| T|DD|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|LI|  |B2|  |  |  | T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |WH|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |W2|YE|By| |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--


Key


Allies
AT: Amras (32 damage)
KG: Kalem
LI: Lianna (18 damage)
DD: Daven  (9 Damage)
YE: Yeamon (12 damage)
MA: Madras (20 damage)
BY: Boy



Enemies

OC: Orc Cleric (deceased)</blue
<blue>WH: Orc War Howler (Deceased)
B1: Barbarian (Deceased)
B2: Barbarian (Deceased)
W1: Werewolf (Deceased)

W2: Werewolf (stunned)



As the companions battle for their lives the field begins to turn in their favour as two more of their opponents fall. Daven manages to slip his blade between the clerics ribs and Madras is able to finish off the barbarian he tripped by bringing his mace down on his head as he lay prone. Yeamon manages to hit his opponent  but doesn't seem to be doing much damage to him.  Amras is also having difficulty with his werewolf seeing the creatures wounds heal before his eyes almost as soon as the blade leaves it's flesh.  Both Yeamon and Amras are hit by claw attacks from the werewolves but are able to keep their snapping jaws at bay knowing the fate that awaits anyone bitten by a lycanthrope.

OCC: The long awaited update. Will NPC Madras till Halaster gets back. Well just the two werewolves left find a way to kill em guys!

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:07, Tue 04 Sept 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 GM, 110 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 26 Aug 2007
at 10:04
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Seeing his chance to help the monk Daven moves over to flank the creature and help the boy. He moves behind it and hopes that now he and Yeamon can kill the ugly beast that is in front of them.
DM Kindred
 GM, 267 posts
Tue 4 Sep 2007
at 04:46
Re: Into the Lion's Den
bump
Amras Telperien
 player, 339 posts
 HP 11/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Tue 4 Sep 2007
at 08:04
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Despite feeling his life ebbing away Amras continues the fight hoping that the others had a more effective way of fighting these creatures, "Must get these blades silvered" he mutters as he stabs and slashes at the wolf in front of him.

Amras Telperien rolled 12 using 1d20+11. longsword 1.
Amras Telperien rolled 20 using 1d20+6. Long Sword 2.
Amras Telperien rolled 22 using 1d20+10. Short Sword 1.
Amras Telperien rolled 12 using 1d20+5. Short Sword 2.

Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d8+4. Long dam 1.
Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d8+4. long dam 2.
Amras Telperien rolled 7 using 1d6+4. Short sword dam 1.
Amras Telperien rolled 6 using 1d6+4. Short sword dam 2.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 45 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Tue 4 Sep 2007
at 13:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Steel might not bite them, but magic shall," Kalem mumbled, and raised his wand at the werewolf Amras was fighting, sending bolts of force slamming into it's body.


15:41, Today: Kalem Greycastle rolled 7 using 2d4+2. Magic Missile.
DM Kindred
 GM, 268 posts
Tue 4 Sep 2007
at 23:08
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The bolts of force hit the werewolf and he goes down with one last howl.

OCC: Map edited to show dead werewolf.
Amras Telperien
 player, 340 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Wed 5 Sep 2007
at 07:49
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras breathes a sigh of relief as he sees the werewolf fall to the floor. Reaching into his pack he pulls out a small bottle and quickly drinks its contents.

Feeling slightly better Amras heads towards Yeamon and the boy.
DM Kindred
 GM, 269 posts
Wed 5 Sep 2007
at 23:04
Re: Into the Lion's Den
One werewolf still up Amras
Amras Telperien
 player, 341 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Thu 6 Sep 2007
at 07:48
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM:
DM Kindred
 GM, 270 posts
Thu 6 Sep 2007
at 21:30
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM
Lianna
 player, 39 posts
 HP 08/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Sat 8 Sep 2007
at 16:41
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Firing more magical bolts, this time into the remaining creature, Lianna took a second afterward to make certain that all the enemies were down.
Yeamon
 player, 158 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sat 8 Sep 2007
at 20:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
NPC'd by DM

Just as the werewolf shook off the effects of Yeamon's stunning blow the monk hit it again, this time the beast was able to resist the effects of the stunning. The werewolf used that opportunity to saveage the monk using his claws to set him up and then sinking his teeth into the flesh of Yeamon's arm.
DM Kindred
 GM, 271 posts
Sat 8 Sep 2007
at 20:39
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |  |  |  |W1|OC|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|KG|  |  |  |  |B1| T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|LI|  |B2|  |  |  | T|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |WH|  |  |  |  |AT|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |MA|MA|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |MA|MA|  |  |  |  |DD|W2|YE|By| |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--


Key


Allies
AT: Amras (32 damage)
KG: Kalem
LI: Lianna (18 damage)
DD: Daven  (9 Damage)
YE: Yeamon (19 damage)
MA: Madras (20 damage)
BY: Boy



Enemies

OC: Orc Cleric (deceased)</blue
<blue>WH: Orc War Howler (Deceased)
B1: Barbarian (Deceased)
B2: Barbarian (Deceased)
W1: Werewolf (Deceased)

W2: Werewolf (17 damage)


As yeamon gets bitten by the werewolf the rest of the party close in on him.

The party can post now.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:32, Thu 13 Sept 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 GM, 111 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sat 8 Sep 2007
at 22:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven tryes to feint the beast as he had done to the others and stabbed his rapier with it's sharp point towards the chest. His strike was weak indeed. hopefully that the beast would not attack and kill him or any others. Especially the young boy.
DM Kindred
 GM, 272 posts
Tue 11 Sep 2007
at 16:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
bump
Amras Telperien
 player, 342 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Wed 12 Sep 2007
at 07:32
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras continues to move towards the werewolf and prepares to strike against it again.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 46 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Wed 12 Sep 2007
at 13:23
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Stay close to me, Lianna," Kalem quietly told the red-headed sorceress, and moved into the room, moving towards the table, before firing off his wand at the remaining werewolf.
DM Kindred
 GM, 273 posts
Thu 13 Sep 2007
at 04:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The werewolf howls in agony as Kalem's spell singes it's fur and bruises the muscles beneath.
DM Kindred
 GM, 274 posts
Mon 24 Sep 2007
at 06:57
Re: Into the Lion's Den
bump
Amras Telperien
 player, 343 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Mon 24 Sep 2007
at 07:42
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM:
DM Kindred
 GM, 275 posts
Mon 24 Sep 2007
at 16:48
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PM:

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:34, Wed 26 Sept 2007.

DM Kindred
 GM, 276 posts
Fri 28 Sep 2007
at 01:10
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The combined efforts of the party finally bring their opponent low, the werewolf falls to the ground with a last pitifull howl. You all stop a bit to catch your breath and the boy is whimpering on the floor. He is cut and bruised and his skin show teeth marks. Past the boy is a stove and a door which seems to be leading into the pantry.

OCC: I'm just going to move the game along now. Its been dragging and the werewolf wouldn't have lasted another round anyway. Kalem's wand would have seen to that if nothing else. :) I know for sure Madras is gone indefinately but I'm not sure about Yeamon. Daven and Lianna are still with us though. So, we'll roleplay a bit with who is here. I'm syure you are all eager to fuss over an heal and interrogate the poor boy so feel free. XP will be posted soon.

P.s. Don't forget your sidequest!

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:15, Fri 28 Sept 2007.

Amras Telperien
 player, 344 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Fri 28 Sep 2007
at 07:57
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Sheathing his swords Amras takes a deep breath and then with a smile to the boy kneels by him, "Don't worry you are safe now. Let me look at your wounds and perhaps give you something for the pain."

Taking his healer's kit from his pack Amras carefully tends  the boys wounds.


Turning to the others he says, "Don't forget to keep an eye out for that paladin's holy symbol, it would be nice to let him move on."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:33, Fri 28 Sept 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 GM, 112 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 28 Sep 2007
at 11:12
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven sheaths his sword and starts to studies the chain that is holding the boy to the wall. He also searched into his backpack and looking for his thieves tools. He smiles at the boy and says I'll have you out in a short time. It's all done quickly. Soon you'll be home with your friends.
DM Kindred
 GM, 277 posts
Sat 29 Sep 2007
at 00:28
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras:

Daven: You open the lock and release the child.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:30, Sat 29 Sept 2007.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 48 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Sun 30 Sep 2007
at 14:24
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Letting out a relieved sigh that the werewolves had been taken care of, Kalem turned to face Lianna, and quickly retrieved another potion for her, not willing to listen to any protests as he gave it to her, making her drink it all up before turning his attention anywhere else.
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 114 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 30 Sep 2007
at 18:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven draws his blade ones more and look at the door to the pantry. He goes to it and looks at it. He studies the area around the door and the lock on the door. He seems to be talking a little bit to himself as he works.
Amras Telperien
 player, 345 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Mon 1 Oct 2007
at 07:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Realising that the boy had been bitten Amras checks his healer's kit,  and then turning to the others says "The boys been bitten, we need to get him to a healer quickly."
Lianna
 player, 40 posts
 HP 16/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Mon 1 Oct 2007
at 22:38
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Reluctantly taking the potion that Kalem offered her, only doing so because she could see how worried he was, Lianna drank it quickly and then tried to see where she could best be of service.
DM Kindred
 GM, 281 posts
Wed 3 Oct 2007
at 16:07
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras approaches and heals the boys wounds.


There are no traps on the door and Daven opens it to find what looks to be a storeroom. Something about it just doesn't seem right however.
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 115 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Wed 3 Oct 2007
at 19:39
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Davens face changes as he tries to spot something it appears in the pantry. He stands for a few seconds looking before walking inside the. he keeps the blade at the ready if anything should appear that needed a sharp blade in the chest.
Amras Telperien
 player, 346 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Thu 4 Oct 2007
at 08:18
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Searching through the pouch in his healers kit Amras pulls out a small sprig and handing to the boy says, "Chew this and swallow, it won't taste nice but it will make you better.". Passing the boy his water bottle Amras watches to make sure he swallows the wolfsbane. "What's your name?" he asks once the boy has swallowed the herb.
Jimbo
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 4 Oct 2007
at 16:02
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The boy flinches from Amras' touch but he takes the sprig and chews on it. He makes a face before swallowing, My name is Jimbo, everyone calls me Jim. I was so scared they bit me and beat me up!

This message was last edited by the player at 16:03, Thu 04 Oct 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 GM, 116 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Thu 4 Oct 2007
at 22:52
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven steps into the pantry. He starts to search trough the pantry for any secrets it might keep. He search thoroughly while the the others talk to the boy. After all there where the question of the haunting suit of armor.
Amras Telperien
 player, 347 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Fri 5 Oct 2007
at 07:39
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Well Jim we will get you back home soon. We just need to do one more thing." Amras says to the young lad.

Getting up he begins to search for the holy symbol as described by the paladin's spirit checking the bodies first and then the room.
DM Kindred
 GM, 282 posts
Fri 5 Oct 2007
at 16:06
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven sees the outline of what looks to be a hidden door.
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 117 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Fri 5 Oct 2007
at 21:36
Re: Into the Lion's Den
A smile is seen as Daven has a look around in the pantry. He moves over to one part of the pantry and starts pressing and listening to the wall. He says in a exited voice. I think I might have found something here. while he looks at the wall.
DM Kindred
 GM, 283 posts
Fri 5 Oct 2007
at 23:11
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yup it is secret door! Daven finds a hidden button that apparently opens the door.
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 118 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Fri 5 Oct 2007
at 23:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven smiles widen as he starts to search for traps on the secret door he has found. After spending some time making sure that it's safe he press the button to open the door or he atleast hope so.
DM Kindred
 GM, 284 posts
Mon 8 Oct 2007
at 17:12
Re: Into the Lion's Den
A dart flies from nearby wall but luckily Daven was able to dodge out of the way just in time. Inside the room is a shrine to the orc god Gruumsh. The walls are covered in vile paintings and writings and there is an altar in the middle with a golden bowl filled with some red liquid. Everburning torches that have been enchanted to give off red light light bath the room in an eerie glow.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 49 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Mon 8 Oct 2007
at 17:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Orcs not only smart enough to write, but with a certain artistic sense, too?" Kalem mumbled as he glanced inside the room, though he did not go in - it seemed like a bad idea to go inside a shrine to the one-eyed Orc-God, and he decided it was hardly worth the risk, anyway.  What could there be in there that would be useful for them, anyway?
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 119 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Mon 8 Oct 2007
at 17:37
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven looks at Kalem and smiles and says Ah your right. It really does make a impression. Not a good one, but still one can not complain when it comes to werewolf orcs. They can make traps as well or do you believe they just got it from a guy they killed. He then walks inside the room holding the alter and starts to search for anything he might find of interest.
Amras Telperien
 player, 348 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Tue 9 Oct 2007
at 13:03
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Leaving the boy to recover from the herbal remedy Amras joins Daven and steps into the   alter room. "I would guess that paladin's symbol may be in here. Let's hope and then we can get back to the village." says Amras as he begins to look for the symbol.
DM Kindred
 GM, 285 posts
Tue 9 Oct 2007
at 14:38
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven searches the room thouroughly and doesn't find any more traps. Amras has no luck finding the pendant.
DM Kindred
 GM, 286 posts
Sat 13 Oct 2007
at 14:15
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Is anyone searching anywhere specific?
Amras Telperien
 player, 349 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Mon 15 Oct 2007
at 09:17
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Persevering with his search Amras spends some time studying the altar set up in the secret room, "How about smashing this thing?" he asks.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 50 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Mon 15 Oct 2007
at 09:31
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Smashing an altar to an evil deity?  Please, tell me that was a joke?  Unless you have no fear of retribution by the higher powers, then I strongly suggest leaving it alone," Kalem advised, and shook his head.
Amras Telperien
 player, 350 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Wed 17 Oct 2007
at 09:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"No no joke I may well do it. Such items should not be left standing." says Amras resuming his search for the pendant.
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 121 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Wed 17 Oct 2007
at 14:44
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Well the most abvious place to look is here, but who knows. Maybe it's somewhere else. We should spread out so we cover more room. I'll search the hall where they are keeping the boy while you search here. Daven turns his bakc to the others and leave the room. He's just about to start before returning to Kalem the prisoner he found. You are a mage right and so is your lady friend over there? he points at Lianna. Should there not be some kind of way for you to learn or detcet the position of this pendant or atleast where it could be if hidden by magic.
DM Kindred
 GM, 287 posts
Thu 18 Oct 2007
at 16:15
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Need a spot check from Amras.
Amras Telperien
 player, 351 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Thu 18 Oct 2007
at 19:43
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Dice roller strikes again. Spot Chk 13
DM Kindred
 GM, 288 posts
Fri 19 Oct 2007
at 17:14
Re: Into the Lion's Den
PL:
Amras Telperien
 player, 352 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Fri 19 Oct 2007
at 22:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Studying the alter for a few more minutes Amras peers at the bowl before calling out to the others "I'm no expert but there is something hidden here I think.". Pointing to the bowl he says, "Look the bowl seems to be pushing down on this slightly different coloured tile."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:58, Fri 19 Oct 2007.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 51 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Wed 31 Oct 2007
at 22:00
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven Darkbane:
You are a mage right and so is your lady friend over there? he points at Lianna. Should there not be some kind of way for you to learn or detcet the position of this pendant or atleast where it could be if hidden by magic.

"I could have, but I already used that particular cantrip earlier today, and it'll be next morning before I can prepare a new selection of spells, I'm afraid.  Lianna, however, is not dependent on preparing the right selection of spells, and so she should be able to divine any magical auras with ease," Kalem replied, and smiled at Lianna, more than a bit proud of her conciderable talents when it came to magic.
Lianna
 player, 43 posts
 HP 16/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Thu 1 Nov 2007
at 02:09
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Smiling sweetly at Kalem, Lianna stepped forward shyly and nodded her agreement.  She could divine if there were any magical properties in the area indicated with a simple, minor spell.  Quickly she cast it, nervously hoping that she could be productive and helpful.
DM Kindred
 GM, 291 posts
Thu 1 Nov 2007
at 20:38
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As soon as Lianna cast her cantrip, the room seemed to light up with magical energy. Her various companions all had magical gear and those items glowed softly, The very walls of the room were threaded through with powerful Abjuration magics That seemed to be protecting it from outside interference of some sort Threading through that ther are skeins of necromantic magic poervading the very walls. Lianna can tell that whatever spells were cast here it has the effect of anchoring the spirit of the elf to this plane and is preventing him from going to his final rest. The Altar gives off auras of transmutation and Abjuration while the bowl of red liquid gives off an overwhelming aura of necromancy and while she has no special ability to detect such things, deep in the elven part of her soul she *feels* an unnatural sense of great evil from it and feels uncomfortable being in the same room with it.
Lianna
 player, 44 posts
 HP 16/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Fri 2 Nov 2007
at 01:49
Re: Into the Lion's Den
In an eerily soft and haunting voice, Lianna explained all that she divined of the room, both magically and spiritually.  When her report was complete, she shivered and closed her eyes, feeling very much as if she wanted to leave as soon as possible.
Amras Telperien
 player, 355 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Fri 2 Nov 2007
at 08:37
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Well unless we can remove the spells I think we should try defiling the room, perhaps pour the red liquid away. I cannot leave that poor paladin trapped on this plane." says Amras angrily, "If you don't want to do it I will do it myself."
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 123 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Fri 2 Nov 2007
at 09:46
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven shakes his head. I shall have a look at that. It might be a trap of some sorts. And I'll take the liquid away at the same time. He starts to study the bowl with the red liquid. After studying it he removes the red liquid. Carefully that is.
DM Kindred
 GM, 292 posts
Wed 7 Nov 2007
at 20:21
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven pours away the liquid and hears a clinking sound as a small medallion with what looks to be a symbol of some sort etched into the surface.

OCC: All elves recognise it as Correllon's holy symbol. Any one else needs a knowledge religion check of 10.
Lianna
 player, 45 posts
 HP 16/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Wed 7 Nov 2007
at 22:39
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"A crescent moon," Lianna exclaimed.  "My mother used to have a necklace just like that.  She wore it always; she never ever took it off.  That is the symbol for the Creator of the Elves," Lianna went on in a wistful voice that easily spoke of her deep love and sorrow for the mother she missed so dearly.
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 124 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Wed 7 Nov 2007
at 22:46
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven takes and lifts up the medallion with marking on it. He keeps it hanging in front of his eyes. His face seems mixed in many emotions. Then he suddenly stands up. Still clutching the medallion in his fist he looks at the others. Well shall we. Shall we leave this place to be forgotten. To let the restless find sleep and peace. His face is is like stone. It does not tell a lot, but there is something deep within his eyes as he speaks the last sentence. He then cast a glance at the young boy before starting to move towards the room where the holy elven warriors restless soul lingers.
Amras Telperien
 player, 356 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Thu 8 Nov 2007
at 11:24
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Yes let us release his poor spirit and let him rest. I am sure he deserves after suffering for so long." says Amras relieved to finally find the object.
DM Kindred
 GM, 294 posts
Thu 8 Nov 2007
at 17:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The party weary and nearly spent, retrace their steps to the room where the Elven spirit was. Yeamon and Madras took care of Jim, the little boy who was recovering from his werewolf bites. The spirit was there waiting for them and as they entered a smile covered his ghostly visage.

I thank you brave adventurers, you have saved my soul in truth. May the Seldarine always watch over you and Correllon lend strength to your sword arm and speed to your bowstrings. All, I have to give you are these poor arms that cover me. I need them not where I am going. But if you wish a further reward....

There is a flash of light and you all seem to be taken to a faraway place. It is seen as if in a dream a route to a cave not far from your location. A cave and a hidden cache of weapons and trinkets.

This is where my friends and I hid our belongings before we entered this place. We left all that was not neccessary for our battles here. Go there and retrieve this a boon from me in thanks. The only problem is I know not what might have taken up residence their in the decades since we left it. So go not unprepared fopr battle.


The ghost then simply fades away with a last wave at the friends. Their is a clattering noise as the breastplate, shield and longsword that he was carrying fell. Take these my gift to you, the arms I bore in life.

The breastplate, shield and longsword all glow with green light that slowly fades.


OCC:

All three items bear the symbol of Correllon. The shield on the face, the longsword on the forte, and the armour has it as a small boss over the heart. The shield is a light metal shield. The birthday gifts are in the cave that he mentioned. A smalkl sidequest  to retrieve them would not go amiss I suppose. :)
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 126 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Fri 9 Nov 2007
at 00:20
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As the body fades away Daven says in elven Have your rest great warrior of the elven people. It has been earned indeed. Rest until the end of time itself. He gives a bow to the fading body.he then just stand there silently watching what the others are going to do.
Amras Telperien
 player, 357 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Wed 14 Nov 2007
at 11:08
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Happy to see the paladin's spirit drift away Amras spends a moment in contemplation before saying, "Right we have a choice we can take the boy straight back or we can go via the cave. Now who is going to look after the paladin's belongings?"
DM Kindred
 GM, 297 posts
Sat 17 Nov 2007
at 17:00
Re: Into the Lion's Den
bump
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 127 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Sun 18 Nov 2007
at 00:14
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven takes off his backpack ans start putting as much as he can of the three items into his backpack. Strangely enough it has much larger place then one would believe.

They should not rest in a place like this. They deserved to be placed at a better place.

He looks at the boy and then turn his attention to Amras and the others. Look we should hopefully not meet so much strange and take a little extra stop before getting him back. He then looks at the young boy. You think you could handle it?
Lianna
 player, 47 posts
 HP 16/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Sun 18 Nov 2007
at 04:22
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna shuddered as the paladin faded away.  This was most definately one moment in her life that would never fade from her memory.  But she was drawn back to the others, pulled from her contemplations by the words of Amras and Daven.  Having nothing to contribute to the conversation, however, Lianna stayed out of it.  As always, she would trust Kalem to decide what was best.  She valued his intelligence and ingenuity, knowing that he was most certainly the brains of the two of them.
Jimbo
 NPC, 2 posts
Mon 19 Nov 2007
at 17:02
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Jim starts to cry once agian as Daven speaks to him, I don't know sir, I just wanna go home...
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 128 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Mon 19 Nov 2007
at 17:11
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven smiles at the young boy. You don't have to call me Sir. I'm Daven. He then looks at the others We could take him home and then we head out for the cave. It would delay us a little, but not that much I think.
Amras Telperien
 player, 358 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Tue 20 Nov 2007
at 09:27
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"If the cave is one the way a small detour won't hurt, we can leave the boy safe before we go in. Now I have had enough of being underground, let's get out of here." says Amras impatiently.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:31, Tue 20 Nov 2007.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 52 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Tue 20 Nov 2007
at 14:30
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Agreed," Kalem replied, though he had almost managed to get used to the lack of fresh air, so long had he been down there.  At least, that's how it felt to him.

Looking over at the boy, Kalem leaned down to pick up his familiar, who had followed him closely (except for when they had done battle).  "Could you hold her for me, perhaps?  She's been dying for some cuddles, poor thing," he told the child, and held the cat out for him to take, hoping it might cheer him up some.
Lianna
 player, 48 posts
 HP 16/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Tue 20 Nov 2007
at 14:38
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Seeing Kalem try to distract and comfort the poor boy, Lianna gave both the boy and Kalem a smile, a reassuring one for the boy and a special one for her dearest friend.  She was very grateful that Kalem had tried something for Lianna's maternal instincts had kicked in.  She wanted to go and comfort the boy, but had absolutely no experience with children whatsoever and so was certain she would only make things worse.
DM Kindred
 GM, 298 posts
Thu 22 Nov 2007
at 17:41
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Jim's eyes light up, Oh wow Mister! I'll take good care of her! He cradles the cat and strokes her fur while you all get ready to leave. You leave the cave and head back easily avoiding any random patrols of orcs who don't even seem to notice that they had been raided.

OCC: So, Cave? Or town?
Amras Telperien
 player, 359 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Fri 23 Nov 2007
at 11:52
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As they reach the outdoors once more Amras gives out a shrill whistle and waits. Soon enough Linwe reappears out of the woods licking her lips, "Hello girl!"he says as the Forest Leopard struts around him.
"Don't worry Jim she won't hurt you." says Amras before Jim gets scared. Now let's head for the cave, finish this journey and then return to town shall we?."

Checking Linwe for any marks Amras waits for the others to decide what to do.
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 129 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Fri 23 Nov 2007
at 19:40
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Spund like a good idea. Let's get this over with. He looks at Jim the kid. He smiles a bit before walking towards the cave.
Amras Telperien
 player, 360 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Tue 27 Nov 2007
at 14:40
Re: Into the Lion's Den
With no-one arguing against the plan Amras and Linwe begin to head off in the direction of the cave.
Jimbo
 NPC, 3 posts
Wed 28 Nov 2007
at 16:04
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Oh wow Mr. Amras! That's a cute kitty but he's so big!
DM Kindred
 GM, 299 posts
Wed 28 Nov 2007
at 16:10
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Just thought I'd let you guys know you've been fighting for a while and you all are tired and the Northlands are a rough place. Malarites not withystanding if you should run into any torublke you may not be able to deal with it. Maybe you guys should have a rest before you move into the wilderness either to head to town or the cave.
Amras Telperien
 player, 361 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Wed 28 Nov 2007
at 16:12
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Jimbo:
Oh wow Mr. Amras! That's a cute kitty but he's so big!


LOL

OOC: What time of day is it?
DM Kindred
 GM, 300 posts
Tue 4 Dec 2007
at 19:59
Re: Into the Lion's Den
About midnight.
Amras Telperien
 player, 362 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Wed 5 Dec 2007
at 09:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: Definitely rest time.

"Well it's dark and late, let's set camp have something to eat and get some rest. We can head for the cave in the morning." says Amras looking for a suitable camp site.
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 130 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Thu 6 Dec 2007
at 00:11
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeah. It would be nice to rest for a while. Why not. He follows Amras while the woodsman search for a suitable place to spend the night.
DM Kindred
 GM, 301 posts
Mon 10 Dec 2007
at 16:38
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras manages to find a secluded glade for you all to camp in till morning. The night passesd uneventfully and in the morning the sun rises bright and fresh. There is little cloudcover and the day promises to be quite warm, unusual for this part of the world but there you have it. Jimmy wakes up first and immediately goes over to Lianna and pulls her shirt sleeve Can I please have something to eat?
Amras Telperien
 player, 363 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Wed 12 Dec 2007
at 08:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Thankful for the uneventful night Amras watches as Linwe paces around the area. Pulling out some rations from his pack he offers some to Jim, "Here you go boy try some of this."

Biting on to the biscuit bread Amras takes a sip of water as he crunches through the biscuit.

Food taken Amras is soon packed up and ready to move on, "Shall we head for the cave?" he asks the rest.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:43, Thu 27 Dec 2007.

DM Kindred
 GM, 302 posts
Fri 21 Dec 2007
at 15:58
Re: Into the Lion's Den
bump
Daven Darkbane
 GM, 131 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:13/24 Saves:+1/7/3
Sat 22 Dec 2007
at 22:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yes let's get ,oving. The sooner the better. I'm sure that he will be happy to return home. Davenm picks up his gear that he had taken out. He then waits patiently as the rest makes ready to break camp.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 53 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Tue 25 Dec 2007
at 17:03
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Agreed - and as soon as we have brought the boy home, I think I would like to find an inn of some kind, I cannot remember the last time we slept in a proper bed," Kalem replied with a chuckle, as he packed up his things and got ready to leave.
Lianna
 player, 49 posts
 HP 16/21 AC 14/12/14
 Init +2 Saves +3/+3/+5
Wed 26 Dec 2007
at 16:56
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna silently agreed with the others by gathering her things.  She was quickly ready to go, keeping a protective eye on the boy though she never strayed too far from her friend Kalem as she was still nervous and shy around the others.
Amras Telperien
 player, 364 posts
 HP 26/43 AC 17/14/13
 Ini +3 sv +7F/+9R/+5W
Thu 3 Jan 2008
at 09:01
Re: Into the Lion's Den
With the decision made Amras sends Linwe ahead of him and heads in the believed direction of the cave.