The North: Into The Lion's Den.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 67 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 23 Jan 2007
at 17:37
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx stands still waiting intently to see what happened.  He readies himself to use his music to bolster everyone.
DM Kindred
 GM, 202 posts
Thu 25 Jan 2007
at 23:15
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The party sees Yeamon's stone hit the orc square in the chest. A loud bang is heard and the creature shakes his head seemingly able to shrug off the effects of the stone.

From behind the pillar you see The druid you all know so well walk out. Couldn't leave well enough alone could you adventurers. Now you will suffer the wrath of the beastlord!


Battle starts":

Initiative order Party wins! You guys post then I post for the bad guys. I'm gonna try and make a map but I'm no good with the software. Gonna try and con DM Darkchylde into doing it for me :). In the meantime I'll just describe the scene. The orc is fifty feet away and the Druid is about 15 feet behind him. The ground is covered with debris, rocks logs etc and you see the remains of a couple campfires and such. Torches on the walls and stuck in the pillars cast an eerie glow around the room.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 68 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 26 Jan 2007
at 02:09
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx concentrates and hums a low tune to himself, to help with the Harmony of his music.

OOC: Casts Harmony: The next use of the Bardic Ability Inspire Courage that begins within 1 minute grants a +2 Morale bonus to attack & weapon damage and a +4 Morale bonus on saves vs. Charm & Fear effects.
Madras
 player, 59 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Fri 26 Jan 2007
at 03:53
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Don't worry about him.  He just has yet to see the light."  Madras shifts his sunrod-laden morningstar into his shield-hand, watching the druid closely.

[Readying an action to cast spiritual weapon the moment the druid acts.  That way, if he tries to cast a spell I can whap him before he can finish it.]
Amras Telperien
 player, 313 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 26 Jan 2007
at 08:17
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Drawing his swords Amras moves towards the orc.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 79 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Fri 26 Jan 2007
at 14:52
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven moves towards the orc in hopes that he will not be killed after the first blow.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 19 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 16/14/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Fri 26 Jan 2007
at 15:00
Re: Into the Lion's Den
After casting another spell, Kalem moved forward, whispering to Lianna to stay behind him.
Lianna
 player, 13 posts
Fri 26 Jan 2007
at 23:00
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna nodded, moving out of Kalem's way just after pointing to the orc and chanting some words he recognized well as purple bolts of energy flew from her fingers and striking the creature with unerring accuracy.
Yeamon
 player, 127 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sat 27 Jan 2007
at 00:25
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon grunts with annoyance as the orc is dismissive of the loud bang. But the familiar voice of the druid galvanises him once more.

Trying to avoid the orc, Yeamon tries to pick a circling path through the rubble and debris, to approach the druid from the flank.

OOC: Yeamon tries to move as quickly as possible while maintaining what cover he can from the rubble.
DM Kindred
 GM, 203 posts
Sat 27 Jan 2007
at 15:29
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The debris prevents running or charging. I'm working on a map now it won't be very good but at least it'll be something. :) I'll update the enemies attacks at the same time.
DM Kindred
 GM, 204 posts
Sat 3 Feb 2007
at 17:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|  |  |  |  |  |  |DR |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |YE|  |  |Or|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |DA|AM|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 8|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |8
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 9|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |9
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
10|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |LK|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |10
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
11|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |11
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
12|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |MA|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |12
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
13|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |13
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
14|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |KG|LI|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |14
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
15|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |D |D |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |15
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--



Key

DA: Daven
AM: Amras
YE: Yeamon
KG: Kalem Greycastle
MA: Madras
LK: Lynx
LI: Lianna


DR: Druid
OR: Orc


DD: Entrance to cavern


If everyone can tell me where on the map they are after their first round of actions I'll wrap up the round. Amras, Yeamon and Daven took double move actions. Anyone else who actually did anything need to be withn 30ft of the 'DD' symbol on the map.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:04, Wed 07 Feb 2007.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 22 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 20/18/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Sat 3 Feb 2007
at 17:36
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC:  I guess I'll go with I,14.
Madras
 player, 64 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 3 Feb 2007
at 19:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den
[Put me at J12.  Don't forget my action's going to be in response to the druid.]
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 70 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sun 4 Feb 2007
at 20:12
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: Put me at H10.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 81 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Sun 4 Feb 2007
at 20:14
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OCC: My position is alright
Lianna
 player, 14 posts
Mon 5 Feb 2007
at 02:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den
J14, please.
Yeamon
 player, 130 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Mon 5 Feb 2007
at 10:25
Re: Into the Lion's Den
OOC: I'm fine with that
DM Kindred
 GM, 205 posts
Wed 7 Feb 2007
at 01:27
Re: Into the Lion's Den
As the party bursts into action the druid smiles evilly and shouts Kill them!. The orc roars but it is turned into a shriek of pain as Lianna's spell hits him in the chest. The pain doesn't seem to do anything but make the orc more angry and his eyes become red as he becomes even more fearsome to behold. He swings his axe at Amras hitting the Ranger and hurting him severely . The druid meanwhile begins casting a spell but Madras finishes his first and a morningstar of pure force is created just above the druid's head. The weapon swings at the druid who is able to dodge and his spellcassting is not interrupted. A few seconds later a blade of pure flame springs from his hand.

The party is up again.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 71 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 7 Feb 2007
at 03:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx, bolstered by his spell, starts to strum his Mandolin and sing to bolster his friend's spirits in the fight.

OOC: Thanks to the spell I cast, everyone gets a +2 to attacks and Damage, and +4 to saves against fear.
Madras
 player, 65 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 7 Feb 2007
at 03:56
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Still holding his weapon in his off-hand, Madras rushes toward his companions to place his free hand on Amras's shoulder.  "Lathander grants you the power of the first rays of dawn.  Strike true."

[Move to I8, casting bull's strength on Amras.  Don't forget to have my spiritual weapon strike the druid again (+5 to hit, 1d8+1 damage).]
Daven Darkbane
 player, 82 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Wed 7 Feb 2007
at 05:08
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven tryes to feint the big orc and tryes to get trough the armor to wound it.
Amras Telperien
 player, 315 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 7 Feb 2007
at 09:08
Re: Into the Lion's Den
A gasp of pain shocks Amras into action as he brings his pair of swords stabbing and slashing at the orc. The first slash tears into the orc's torso biting deep but the stab with the short sword and the follow up slash cause little damage to the angered beast. Swaying slightly Amras stabs again at the creature, this time finding his way through the orc's defence.

OOC Forgot the +2 for attack and damage and have adjusted below. The bulls strength adjustment was already included.

08:59, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 28 using 1d20+13+2. Longsword attack 1.
09:00, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 16 using 1d8+6+2. Long sword 1 damage.
09:00, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 17 using 1d20+10+2. Short sword 1.
09:00, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 13 using 1d6+6+2. Short sword 1 damage (doubtful) .
09:01, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 17 using 1d20+8+2. Longsword 2 attack.
09:01, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 12 using 1d8+6+2. Longsword 2 damage (again doubtful).
09:01, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 24 using 1d20+7+2. Short sword 2.
09:02, Today: Amras Telperien rolled 11 using 1d6+6+2. Short sword damage 2.

DM Kindred
 GM, 206 posts
Fri 9 Feb 2007
at 05:17
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Bump
Yeamon
 player, 131 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Sat 10 Feb 2007
at 19:24
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon charges at the druid, as he does so, the fiery blade springing from his enemy's hands. Undistracted though, and bolstered by Lynx's music, he reaches the druid and smashes his left fist true, into the druid's chest with the power of an iron club.

20:13, Today: Yeamon rolled 28 using 1d20+8. Unarmed attack on druid.
 20:13, Today: Yeamon rolled 9 using 1d8+5. Unarmed damage.
Stunning fist DC 14

OOC: Not actually sure on the rules for possible criticals (natural 20) - feel free to enlighten me!
Sorry for the delay in posting, I've been away for a couple of days.


From DM:

You just need to reroll the attack using the same attack bonus to confirm. Was gonna do it for you but I rolled a natural one. I didn't think that was fair so roll it yourself!


10:57, Today: Yeamon rolled 18 using 1d20+8. confirm critical.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:58, Sun 11 Feb 2007.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 23 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 20/18/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Sat 10 Feb 2007
at 19:31
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Closing in on the druid, Kalem ignored the orc in between, thinking that if the others could not bring it down quickly, his spell-shields would ward him.  At least, that was the plan. . .

Suddenly, Kalem pointed a finger at the druid, spoke a word in ancient draconic, and suddenly two bolts of force darted from his fingers to the druid, striking him directly in the chest.


OOC:  Move to I-8, and cast Magic Missile at the Druid - deals 5 damage.