The North: Into The Lion's Den.   Posted by DM Kindred .Group: 0
DM Kindred
 GM, 207 posts
Sun 11 Feb 2007
at 07:43
Re: Into the Lion's Den
I'll give Liana till tomorrow night to post.
Lianna
 player, 15 posts
Mon 12 Feb 2007
at 14:27
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lianna moved a little to the right, hoping to get a better line of sight in order to cast a better spell soon, and fired another round of energy missiles that struck perfectly without her aiming.
DM Kindred
 GM, 208 posts
Wed 14 Feb 2007
at 19:11
Re: Into the Lion's Den
  | A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T|
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |1
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 2|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |2
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 3|  |  |  |  |  |  |DR |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |3
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 4|  |  |  |  |  |YE|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |4
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 5|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |5
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 6|  |  |  |  |  |  |Or|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |6
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 7|  |  |  |  |  |  |DA|AM|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |7
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 8|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |MA|KG|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |8
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
 9|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |9
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
10|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |LK|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |10
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
11|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |LI|  |  |  |  |  |  |11
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
12|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |12
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
13|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |13
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
14|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |14
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--
15|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |D |D |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |15
--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--



Key

DA: Daven
AM: Amras
YE: Yeamon
KG: Kalem Greycastle
MA: Madras
LK: Lynx
LI: Lianna


DR: Druid
OR: Orc


DD: Entrance to cavern


The battle is fully joined and the party reacts as if they have been fighting together for years. Their combined attacks hammer the two foes and give them scarcely any time to react. Lynx's music fills the cavern lifting the spirits of his companions.

After recieving a blessing from Madras, Amras cuts into the orc mercilessly his long and shorts swords almost literally ripping him to shreds. Daven stabs him as well but was unable to reach anywhere vital with his attack. The orc seemed very battered at this point but was still standing. Until Lianna's magic missiles hit it in its chest. It's eyes rolled up into the back of its head and it collapsed just as his axe was raised to strike back at Amras.

Meanwhile the druid dodged the mace hovering over his head once again only to have Yeamon hit him hard in the chest. The druid staggers back a step or two and coughs up blood. It is clear there has been some serious internal damage. He shrugs off the stunning effect however and strikes back ineffectually with his sword. Kalem's attack hits the druid and causes him to flinch but doesn't seem to do much else.

Your up Party!
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 72 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 14 Feb 2007
at 19:35
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx grabs his bow from his back and takes aim, trying not to hurt Yeamon who is currently fighting the Druid.

13:32, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 12 using 1d20+3. Short Bow attack. (+2 song, -4 firing into melee)
13:34, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 6 using 1d6+2. bow damage.
Madras
 player, 66 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Wed 14 Feb 2007
at 21:05
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Madras steps away from the fight, advancing on the druid, as his magically-summoned weapon strikes again.  As he does, he calls out a prayer to Lathander, causing a shaft of sunlight to shine on him like a spotlight from the ceiling.  The cleric seems to stand taller -- no, he does stand taller under its light.

[Casting enlarge person on myself, then advancing to I4-J5 (I take up a 10-foot space) and readying my weapon as I move.  Edit: My spiritual weapon ends after this attack.]

This message was last edited by the player at 01:23, Thu 15 Feb 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 83 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Thu 15 Feb 2007
at 00:16
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven does not wast time standing over the body and quickly moves over to the Druid and stab his blade towards the druid with great agilety.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:32, Thu 15 Feb 2007.

Lianna
 player, 16 posts
Thu 15 Feb 2007
at 02:34
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Why mess with a good thing, Lianna figured with a tiny shrug of her slender shoulders as she repeated her spell, but this time sending it towards the druid who still stood.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:31, Sat 17 Feb 2007.

Amras Telperien
 player, 316 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 15 Feb 2007
at 09:33
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Happy to see the orc fall Amras moves towards the druid his swords poised to stike.

OOC: Do I get an attack when I reach the druid or do I have to wait til next round?
DM Kindred
 GM, 209 posts
Thu 15 Feb 2007
at 22:12
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Everyone who moves please note what square you move to please.

Amras: You can move and attack.
Yeamon
 player, 132 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Fri 16 Feb 2007
at 12:19
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon sees his punch send the druid stumbling backward, just as a magic arrow flies into his side. Closing in on the druid he nimbly dodges his slashing sword, before dealing two quick palm strikes to his head.

13:11, Today: Yeamon rolled 17 using 1d20+6. attack 1 - flurry.
13:12, Today: Yeamon rolled 10 using 1d8+5. damage.
13:12, Today: Yeamon rolled 13 using 1d20+6. attack 2 - flurry.
13:12, Today: Yeamon rolled 12 using 1d8+5. damage.

Kalem Greycastle
 player, 24 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 20/18/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Fri 16 Feb 2007
at 13:27
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Again, Kalem moved towards the druid, before stopping to cast a spell, his reasoning much like Lianna's as he incanted the words for the same spell that he had cast just moments ago one more time.
Amras Telperien
 player, 317 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 16 Feb 2007
at 15:26
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Moving quickly Amras heads towards the druid and as he gets close he slashes at his opponent with his longsword before following it up with his shortsword before repeating the strokes again.

Moving to H4

Longsword  Att 1 to hit 16 dam 7
Longsword  Att 2 to hit 23 dam 5
Shortsword Att 1 to hit 22 dam 6
Shortsword Att 2 to hit  8 dam 10

DM Kindred
 GM, 210 posts
Sat 17 Feb 2007
at 16:47
Re: Into the Lion's Den
The combined might of the party manages to put the druid down. As Amras stands over him having just layed him low with a sword cut, the Druid looks up at him and says, You fools, you haven't saved the boy. you can't even save yourselves! Even if you manage to defeat my master no one in that fly speck village will want the boy there. We did him a favour taking him with us With those cryptic last words the Druids eyes roll up into the back of his head and he shudders giving one last rattling breath before he expires.


What do you do now?

The battle didn't last long but it was quite noisy. This room is large and there is a central pillar with a pool in the centre. There is also some kind of altar at the back. It is ten feet long and five feet wide. There is a cloth hanging down at the front covering the entire length that has a painted symbol. (the holy symbol of Malar.) The altar takes up sqaures G1 and H1.
DM Kindred
 GM, 211 posts
Sat 17 Feb 2007
at 16:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den


just to remind you what the place looks like. The area you were fighting in was to the side of the pool/pillar in the region of the 7. There are a couple areas that haven't been explored yet.
Madras
 player, 67 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Sat 17 Feb 2007
at 19:29
Re: Into the Lion's Den
[If Amras finished him before my action, I wouldn't've cast my spell.  Is that action considered canceled?  It may be useful later.]
DM Kindred
 GM, 212 posts
Sat 17 Feb 2007
at 19:46
Re: Into the Lion's Den
I'll allow it this time but generally who posts first acts first. But what the heck I'm in a good mood and you guys probably won't make it out alive anyway so why not? *evil grin*
Daven Darkbane
 player, 84 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 19 Feb 2007
at 00:18
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Amras would you joine me and make sure that the room is secured and not going to risk any damage to us. We need someone to keep watch at the entrance. The goblins might come any minuit. Hurry people we don't got much time. he then moved quickly looking after the boy or anything else that might be of importence.
Madras
 player, 68 posts
 Init +0, AC 19/19/10
 HP 23/23, SV 4/1/6
Mon 19 Feb 2007
at 00:38
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"I'll watch the entry," Madras says.  He swings his morningstar experimentally, making sure the sunrod tied to it won't come loose.  "What did he mean that the village won't accept the boy?"

This message was lightly edited by the player at 00:38, Mon 19 Feb 2007.

Daven Darkbane
 player, 85 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Mon 19 Feb 2007
at 00:50
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Who know. Maybe they ahve made him into a lycantrop, or mayybe he has skill not many in the village know much about. we can find it out later. Also search the bodys and the alter.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 73 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Mon 19 Feb 2007
at 01:32
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Lynx becomes even more worried about the boy after the druid's dying words.  "I presume the villagers may not accept the lad due to his unfortunate ties to the Malarites.  They may not want to deal with the chance of the Malarites coming again.  Regardless, we must find him." says Lynx as he approaches the alter to inspect the area.
Yeamon
 player, 133 posts
 HP 27/32 *AC 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +6F/+7R/+6W
Mon 19 Feb 2007
at 19:28
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Yeamon grimaces at the thought of spending any more time in the caves, but refrains from protesting. He'd agreed that they would find the boy after all.

Without offering comment he bends down and looks blankly into the face of the dead druid. All the hatred he had felt to him had slipped away, replaced only with a feeling of emptiness.
DM Kindred
 GM, 213 posts
Tue 20 Feb 2007
at 04:43
Re: Into the Lion's Den
Daven Darkbane:
Amras would you joine me and make sure that the room is secured and not going to risk any damage to us. We need someone to keep watch at the entrance. The goblins might come any minuit. Hurry people we don't got much time. he then moved quickly looking after the boy or anything else that might be of importence.


There is an altar at the back of the cave. That is the only thing that looks to be of any interest.
Amras Telperien
 player, 318 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 20 Feb 2007
at 09:06
Re: Into the Lion's Den
"Of course Daven", replies Amras, moving to join him.

Arriving at the alter Amras will move around it completely before getting any closer.
Daven Darkbane
 player, 86 posts
 Init:+3 AC:16/13/13
 HP:34/34 Saves:+1/3/1
Tue 20 Feb 2007
at 15:49
Re: Into the Lion's Den
After having looked all trough the cave Daven searches the Alter to see if there might be something of importence.After all he was a professional burgler.
Kalem Greycastle
 player, 25 posts
 HP 19/19 AC 20/18/12
 Init+2 Sv +2F/+3R/+3W
Tue 20 Feb 2007
at 16:22
Re: Into the Lion's Den
After making sure that Lianna was all right, Kalem walked over to the altar as well, being something of a scholar and wanting to take a look at it.