The North: The Ram's Head Inn.   Posted by DM Mike.Group: 0
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 33 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Wed 12 Jul 2006
at 07:41
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeah, we need to get back soon.  Night time is a good time to travel. Lyns agrees with the others.
Amras Telperien
 player, 229 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Wed 12 Jul 2006
at 11:21
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"What about the orc, why not tie him up and leave him? says Amras as they prepare to leave.
DM Kindred
 GM, 60 posts
Wed 12 Jul 2006
at 16:22
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The orc's eyes goes wide when you suggest tying him up and leaving him in the woods. No please no leave me here. I not want die strange creatures hunt the night now. Please let me go. The orc starts whimpering and throws himself on the ground by Amras' feet and is quite literally grovelling. It is quite obvious something has scared this orc a lot. You can tell off the bat that he is not acting or bluffing in any way.
Amras Telperien
 player, 230 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 13 Jul 2006
at 08:38
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Talk! Tell me all you know about these creatures and the ones who hired you NOW!" replies Amras coldly, staring into the orcs eyes.
DM Kindred
 GM, 61 posts
Thu 13 Jul 2006
at 13:34
Re: The Ram's Head Inn


The orc starts wailing Me not know! Me just told to go meet priest men and they tell me ambush caravan. Please no leave me out in dark tied up. Strange shapes have been seen and old ones and babes been missing from tribe. Always at night.
Amras Telperien
 player, 231 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 13 Jul 2006
at 13:49
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Where is this priest man going to take the boy? Do you know where the men live?" asks Amras, his voice rising. Turning to the others he says,"We'll get going in a minute. Make sure you have everything and keep that one quiet.", pointing to the spell caster.
Yeamon
 player, 53 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 20/17/20
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Thu 13 Jul 2006
at 21:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon lays a meaty hand on the druid's shoulder and pushes him forward.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:01, Thu 13 July 2006.

DM Kindred
 GM, 64 posts
Mon 17 Jul 2006
at 16:05
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The orc shakes his head in response to Amras' question. Me not know anyhting more. Don't know where priest men have camp. Just want go home.

There is also at this time a bloodcurdling wolf howl far in the distance. Amras, you recognise it as a hunting call but there is something strange about it. the orc falls to the floor at this sound and refuses to move softly crying anf whimpering in fear.
Yeamon
 player, 54 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Mon 17 Jul 2006
at 18:20
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The monk nods in the direction of the snivelling orc. "Leave it. It knows nothing more that can help us, and will slow us down. We should push onward to civilisation." His tone betrays a hint of impatience.
Amras Telperien
 player, 232 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Mon 17 Jul 2006
at 22:34
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
"Let's go" he says to the others. Looking down at the orc he spits out,"Go, get out of here!"

Giving a whistle he waits for Linwe to appear before moving out, heading back towards the inn.
DM Kindred
 GM, 65 posts
Tue 18 Jul 2006
at 04:39
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The orc gets up and runs crashing through the trees. You travel for a while and the druid says I grow tired of this gamerelease me immediately!
Amras Telperien
 player, 233 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 18 Jul 2006
at 07:30
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Walking over to the druid Amras puts his face up close before shouting,Just shut your mouth and keep it shut or I will feed your tongue to the leopard..

Moving around him Amras checks that the druid's arms are still bound and the knots tight.

"In fact lets gag him, we don't wanr him shouting do we. Reaching into his healers kit he takes out some rags that were prepared for bandages and ties one around his mouth, leaving him his nose to breath.
DM Kindred
 GM, 66 posts
Tue 18 Jul 2006
at 14:31
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
As Amras approaches the druid smiled I warned you The druid seems to shimmer and his outline wavers. Where a bound druid once stood there is now an owl hovering. The ropes still knotted together fall to the ground.

PC's have init

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:32, Tue 18 July 2006.

Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 34 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Tue 18 Jul 2006
at 19:45
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Lynx quickly pulls out his Bow, as he curses in Elvish.  Shooting an arrow at the Owl.

14:45, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 14 using 1d20+5. Bow attack.
14:45, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 3 using 1d6. Bow damage.

Amras Telperien
 player, 235 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Tue 18 Jul 2006
at 23:14
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Reaching out Amras attempts to grab the owl as it hovers in the air.

To hit 13
Yeamon
 player, 55 posts
 HP 26/20  AC* 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Wed 19 Jul 2006
at 10:21
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon's mouth drops as the shimmering transformation takes place. Amras's action snaps him back to attention though, and the monk springs forward, snatching at the owl's feet with remarkable precision.

11:17, Today: Yeamon rolled 23 using 1d20+4. attack - to grab.
11:17, Today: Yeamon rolled 15 using 1d20+8. Grapple .

DM Kindred
 GM, 69 posts
Wed 19 Jul 2006
at 14:34
First Round Summary
The druid quickly changes form and the party members are caught by surprise. Lynx is the first to recover firing an arrow at the owl that the druid had become. The arrow went awry passing slightly to the right of the hovering bird. Amras reached out to grab the bird but it moved a little higher just out of his reach. Yeamon manages to grab the bird but it slips out of his grasp and flies away.

OCC: The Druid won the grapple check Yeamon sorry. The bird uses the withdraw action to fly away.

The bird is still in range of Lynx's bow if he wants to fire in the second round.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 35 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Thu 20 Jul 2006
at 02:58
Re: First Round Summary
Lynx takes better aim with his bow and fires, hoping to land a hit this time.

21:57, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 19 using 1d20+5. Bow Attack.
21:57, Today: Lynxalthian Kanan rolled 4 using 1d6. Bow damage.
Amras Telperien
 player, 237 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Thu 20 Jul 2006
at 13:00
Re: First Round Summary
As he watches the owl fly up Amras lets out a cry, "Damn it. Should have realised he would try this!" Seeing Lynx let fly amother arrow he waits for the outcome.
DM Kindred
 GM, 71 posts
Thu 20 Jul 2006
at 15:07
Re: First Round Summary
The arrow hits the owl which dips in its flight for a second then quickly recovers and cntinues to fly. It disappears over a stand of trees and is gone.
DM Kindred
 GM, 72 posts
Thu 20 Jul 2006
at 18:00
Re: First Round Summary
You can travel for the rest of the night or you can rest and hit the town tomorrow. If you travel through the night you will arive in town in  about 4 hours just after dawn. If you sleep now and leave at dawn you'll get there before highsun.
Amras Telperien
 player, 238 posts
 HP 35/35 AC 16/13/13
 Ini +3 sv +5F/+7R/+3W
Fri 21 Jul 2006
at 07:27
Re: First Round Summary
"Right, come on let's get moving back to town. The sooner we get there the better I think." says Amras angrily, "Hopefully we will meet him again!"
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 36 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Fri 21 Jul 2006
at 19:05
Re: First Round Summary
"At least I gave him something to think about.  How much you want to bet he will be back, at least to get me back for that arrow." he says as he regains his calm and entertaining nature.

Even still...I agree that we should keep going.  The less time spent in these woods the better.
Yeamon
 player, 56 posts
 HP 26/20  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv +5F/+6R/+5W
Sat 22 Jul 2006
at 21:18
Re: First Round Summary
Brother Yeamon, still rueing his faltering grip on the owl, merely turns and continues the walk to the town. He does not speak.
DM Kindred
 GM, 74 posts
Sat 22 Jul 2006
at 21:28
Re: First Round Summary
Ok, the first stage of the adventure is over. I am going to start a new thread with you all back at the Ram's Head Inn. We will intro the new pc/pc's and then you guys can head out and put the hurtin' on a cult of evil malarites!

Oh yeah I'll be giving out roleplaying xp too.