The North: The Ram's Head Inn.   Posted by DM Mike.Group: 0
DM Mike
 GM, 505 posts
 ...
Thu 13 Apr 2006
at 20:33
The Ram's Head Inn
Welcome to the Ram's Head Inn, one of the sturdiest buildings in the North, frigid region of harsh winds and cold nights.

The inn is three stories high and sits atop a steep hill.  From the top floor rooms, lodgers have an unobscured view for miles around.

Located on the outskirts of Deadsnows, the Ram's Head is home to a few regulars, but mostly new faces pass through nightly while the weather is good and the trails in and out of Deadsnows allow for passage.

Rates here are fair, as is the food.  The drink is strong and even the heartiest of souls can find something on the list of "drinks from many lands" that could send them under the table.

The owner is Bruuna Thundersky, a tall dwarven woman with slate grey hair and matching eyes.  Her smile is quick to come and quicker to fade.  She understands the need for customers, but does not suffer fools or fighters well.  Those wishing to brawl are invited to do so in the pigpen out back.  More than one duel to the death has been witness by the hogs and pigs Bruuna keeps back there.  And some whisper the remains of losers become either feed for the creatures or tomorrow's stew.

Brunna is helped by Mirylissa, a slender half-elven woman with icy blue eyes and stark white hair.  She is a user of magic of some sort, but no one is quite sure what spells she knows or what god she may worship.

A bard named Wyvern Hundredyards entertains in the inn about twice a tenday.  His songs are usually light and fun to sing along with, but when a serious mood hits, he can bring a hush to the house that feels oppressive at times.  Wyvern has been to most corners of Faerun and is a good, but expensive source of information of all sorts.

-------------------------------

Come in out of the cold!  Find a seat, order a drink or a meal, and enjoy your stay!
Amras Telperien
 player, 173 posts
 HP 35/35 F+5/ R+6/ W+3
 AC 15 / FF 13 / T 12
Thu 13 Apr 2006
at 23:06
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Having travelled a fair distance Amras spots the inn atop the hill. "Well that looks good enough. he says seemingly to himself. "Wonder if Zojair has arrived?". Looking down from atop his horse he spots Linwe winding her way through the undergrowth. Letting out a soft whistle he signals Linwe to come closer. With a glance the forest leopard moves closer, staying just behind Amras.

Arriving at the inn he approaches the stables. Looking down he nods at Linwe and with a thrust of his hand Linwe disappears into night. "Back at dawn!" he shouts with a laugh as the leopard enters the undergrowth.

Entering the inn he looks for an empty table near the fire. Sitting down he drops his pack to the floor and loosens his coat and waits to be served.
Lynxalthian Kanan
 player, 2 posts
 Hp 20/20  AC 16/14/12
 Init +2, Sv F+4/R+6/W+7
Sat 15 Apr 2006
at 01:51
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
It's been a full days travel for Lynx, as he approaches the first real building he's seen in hours.  Finally, looks like a place to stay. he says out loud as if someone else was there.  However, he is surely alone.

As he trudges towards the building he mumbles to himself, Darn, dad.  Couldn't go someplace warmer...

He enters the now apparant inn, throwing the hood of his cloak back, letting his hair fall to his shoulders.  Colder than a wight's breath out there he says aloud hoping to draw some sort of laughter from the people in the inn, but finds that no one really cared for the bad joke.

Geez, talk about a dead crowd... he says more to himself as he walks to stand near the fire to warm up.
Yeamon
 player, 4 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Sat 15 Apr 2006
at 10:54
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yaemon had travelled many miles to reach Deadsnows. After setting off at dawn from his monastery, with only his thick robes to keep out the worst the weather could throw at him, he'd followed a route of landmarks he'd memorized from a map he'd studied in the abbey.

At almost the peak of physical health, he'd eaten up the miles with a mixture of running, jogging and brisk walking, pausing only briefly to take on food and water. Easily avoiding the distraction on men on his journey, only the animals of the region would have known Yaemon had left the abbey.

He did not slow his pace as he reached the outskirts of civilisation, but continued at speed until reaching a building he assumed was an inn. After asking for confirmation from a local villager, he made his way into the relatively warm interior of the tavern and out of the ever strengthening wind and fading light.

The smell of ale, smoke and sweat assaulted his nostrils as he made his way through the lantern lit gloom toward the tall dwarven woman, whose abrupt and businesslike manner gave away her role as proprieter."Madam, would you have a room for a simple Brother in this warm dwelling?" The voice was deep, considered and polite from habit more so than sincerity.
DM Mike
 GM, 516 posts
 ...
Sat 15 Apr 2006
at 21:04
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
At the mention of the cold outside by "Lynx", people look over to him and either shake their heads or grunt something under their breath.  None laugh or smile.

=================

Bruuna nods at Yeamon.  I've got the rooms, all right.  Might have to spruce it up a bit.  Windows've been closed for a few days now.  5 silvers gets you the room, add two more and you get a bath with it.  Make it 10, or a gold, and I toss in supper and a drink.

See looks over the dark man's shoulder to the other newcomers and mutters Huh...if it ain't one at a time, it's a tribe of 'em.  I may sell out of rooms tonight, so it's good you came first.
Yeamon
 player, 5 posts
 HP 26/26  AC 16/13/16
 Init+7 Sv  +5F/ +6R / +5W
Sat 15 Apr 2006
at 23:00
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
Yeamon bows his head gently at Brunna's response, his deep voice softly letting forth the words, "Your generosity is boundless. I will take supper here as well."

Carefully, as if not wanting to draw attention to himself, Yeamon reaches within his robes just above his belt, draws forth a single gold piece and deposits it on the table in front of the Dwarven woman. The man then turns, scanning the interior of the tavern. Gesturing toward a dark recess he indicates where he will sit to Brunna, before heading over to a table and seating himself.
DM Mike
 GM, 517 posts
 ...
Sun 16 Apr 2006
at 20:33
Re: The Ram's Head Inn
The tall dwarven woman nods once, pockets the coin, and brings over a tray with a mug of ale, a bowl of mashed turnips and potatoes with butter and spices, and a slice of roast beef.

=======================================

OOC: Some of you have voted for adventures.  I'll get some NPCs in here soon to introduce elements of those adventures soon.