Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 18 posts
Mon 15 Mar 2010
at 02:34
Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
After a night of rest, wrapped tightly in blankets and bedrolls against the cold, sunsrise greets you with bright sunshine, and you see your breath in the chill air.

[OOC:  Make PER or tracking rolls as appropriate if you'd like to look for the windship, Beastmen, or anything similar.]
Jaxar
 player, 10 posts
Mon 15 Mar 2010
at 06:27
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to GM (msg #1):

Upon awakening Jaxar immediately scans the sky in search of the windship.
Kar
 player, 2 posts
 Gryph Hunter
Mon 15 Mar 2010
at 06:52
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to GM (msg #1):

As Dy breaks, and Kar awakes in his makeshift perch, hestretches his wings, and scans the area once again for any sign of his recent companions.
Mirna
 player, 7 posts
 Danuvian Swordswoman
Tue 16 Mar 2010
at 16:53
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to Kar (msg #3):

(OOC: Oops, didn't catch this thread when I replied to the previous... please disregard my earlier post :) )

Mirna is scanning the horizon for any irregularities that might indicate the ship crashed.
GM
 GM, 19 posts
Sat 20 Mar 2010
at 14:47
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
Scanning both the sky and the landscape, there is no sign of the windship.

However, up in the sky, a winged humanoid is visible, and as it comes closer, you are able to make it out as Kar. 

Rammid, Rioniv, and Athellin are likewise scanning the sky and the horizon to no avail.

"I think it is gone.  How could the whole windship be gone?" queries Rammid.

[OOC:  To Mirna and all:  No problem posting to both threads.  The other one had slowed down.  If I didn't want anyone posting to it, I would have closed it, which I will eventually.  To keep the flow going, I'll sometimes open a new thread as the last one is still winding down.]
Kar
 player, 3 posts
 Gryph Hunter
Mon 22 Mar 2010
at 01:57
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to GM (msg #5):

*Kar circles, lowering steadily, until within earshot as he continues to land*

"Hello again. It is good to see you all still together. Any signs of your ship?"
Mirna
 player, 9 posts
 Danuvian Swordswoman
Mon 22 Mar 2010
at 15:52
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to Kar (msg #6):

You saw nothing?

(OOC: Do we have enough light to really search?)
Kar
 player, 4 posts
 Gryph Hunter
Tue 23 Mar 2010
at 01:55
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to Mirna (msg #7):

"Saw, not exactly. I am sure that we are not alone in the skies, though."

*Feathers ruffle as a memory shudders through Kar's shoulders*
Jaxar
 player, 13 posts
Tue 23 Mar 2010
at 02:45
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to Kar (msg #8):

With a suspicious look on his face Jaxar querries Kar, "what exactly do you mean when you say you are sure we are not alone in the sky?"
Kar
 player, 5 posts
 Gryph Hunter
Wed 24 Mar 2010
at 00:14
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to Jaxar (msg #9):

"I wish I knew. The only thing I know is that the mere presence of something...or someone disturbed my rest last night. I've never awakened in such a state before."

"But enough of shadows. If we cannot locate the ship, the we must prepare for a course on foot. Jaxar, can you identify any local game trails?"
Athellin
 NPC, 2 posts
 Rahastran Cartomancer
Fri 26 Mar 2010
at 00:55
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
A near smile plays at the corners of Athellin's mouth, "Here in the lands of the Beastmen, game trails may not be the best path to take!  I do know of a small town on the edge of the Plains, south of here.  It's likely several days away, while we have left all but a couple days of our rations on board our missing windship."
Jaxar
 player, 14 posts
Fri 26 Mar 2010
at 02:58
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to Athellin (msg #11):

Frowning at the comments of Kar and Athellin, Jaxar scans the sky as he replies, "While it is fortuitous that you have knowledge of a nearby village I hesitate to abandon our shipboard companions. It would be most unfortunate if they were to return mere hours after we had broke trail and have no clue as to our intentions or whereabouts."

After scanning the ground for loose rocks he continues, "I would suggest leaving markers to indicate our course but fear what else might follow the trail."
Kar
 player, 6 posts
 Gryph Hunter
Fri 26 Mar 2010
at 14:26
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to Jaxar (msg #12):

*Blinks at them both* "The game trails were not to follow ourselves, rather only to find....game. My concern was for failing rations. Easier to collect while we are encamped, and then move out. Otherwise we would need to stop again, and not knowing where our rations may fail us, that may not be as successful."
Mirna
 player, 12 posts
 Danuvian Swordswoman
Fri 26 Mar 2010
at 16:56
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to Jaxar (msg #12):

"We do have a trusty airborne lookout" Mirna says to Jaxar with a slight smile. "We do need to ensure that we have food, and I don't see anything close. What can we leave for markers that our companions will recognize as ours without tipping too much information to our foes?"
Jaxar
 player, 15 posts
Fri 26 Mar 2010
at 23:28
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to Mirna (msg #14):

Chuckling quietly Jaxar suggests, "Do you suppose stones laid out as an arrow would be too subtle for beastmen to comprehend?"
Kar
 player, 7 posts
 Gryph Hunter
Sat 27 Mar 2010
at 13:27
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to Jaxar (msg #15):

"That depends. How close do our friends need to be to see this arrow?"
Jaxar
 player, 17 posts
Sat 27 Mar 2010
at 19:45
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to Kar (msg #16):

After contemplating for a moment Jaxar smiles and replies to Kar, " I had actually meant that as a joke, but you may be on to something. If we were to use stones to lay out an arrow indicating our course, but spread the stones far enough apart, the arrow might be clearly visible from above but not perceivable by anyone, or anything, at ground level. With your help Kar we could even test this idea." Looking at the others he invites comments.
Kar
 player, 8 posts
 Gryph Hunter
Sun 28 Mar 2010
at 20:46
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to Jaxar (msg #17):

*With obvious mirth, Kar turns from Jaxar and says* "You learn quickly."*Then, more directly* "I will begin looking for stones of an appropriate size." *And readies himself to launch skyward*
GM
 GM, 23 posts
Mon 29 Mar 2010
at 00:05
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
While there are not many stones on the grassy plains, some could be scavenged from the nearby ruins.  In all likelihood, making a large enough, visible arrow would take a half day, between gathering the stones and laying them out.
Mirna
 player, 13 posts
 Danuvian Swordswoman
Fri 2 Apr 2010
at 22:07
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to GM (msg #19):

(OOC: Sorry for my silence... between the sick kid and a new project at work this was the last thing on my mind)

"An arrow, visible from the sky... Yes, I think we should. First, which way are we headed?"
Athellin
 NPC, 3 posts
 Rahastran Cartomancer
Sat 3 Apr 2010
at 21:05
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In the silence following, Athellin quietly and deftly shuffles through his Zodar, and after a minute, looks up, and with a grim smile, suggests, "South, I believe.  So the cards say." 

Gathering the stones is strenuous work, but keeps you warm on the cool, windy day.  Twice, sharp eyes spot Beastmen in the far distance, but they never approach.  By noon, when it is time to break, all the stones have been gathered and set in their pattern.

[OOC:  If South is not the desired direction of the group, that is okay; I just want to move the timeline along here.  If you aren't going south, someone needs to speak up fast!]
Mirna
 player, 16 posts
 Danuvian Swordswoman
Wed 7 Apr 2010
at 16:18
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
In reply to Athellin (msg #21):

South looks as likely as any other direction.

Mirna pitches in to build the arrow.
GM
 GM, 29 posts
Fri 9 Apr 2010
at 04:33
Re: Plains of Golarin, 25 Talisandre, morning
The arrow of stones gets built, and you are able to camp for the night, but it is cold, and there is no wood for a fire.