Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs.   Posted by Gamemaster.Group: 0
Gamaliel Dominick
 player, 86 posts
 Man of the (Burial) Cloth
 Advocatus Diaboli
Wed 28 Jan 2015
at 01:03
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
The mage gritted his teeth, exhausted. He wasn't sure there was much left to do at this point but pray for salvation.

OOC: Doesn't look like I have any energy left, unless I've recovered some ER or FP thorough the passing of time. If I can afford anything, I'd like to cast relieve paralysis on Raakkel, if not, Retreating Dodge I guess.
Gamemaster
 GM, 649 posts
 Keep calm
 And carry on
Sat 31 Jan 2015
at 12:38
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Snarling, the giant black cat swings another massive paw at Felix, who sidesteps it, and then the hobgoblin launches into his own attack, raining blow after blow down upon the demon.   Hissing, the cat jumps back, but then springs forward again, lashing out again, once more shredding through the hobgoblin’s left leg.  Blood streams from the two lacerations.

”Ha ha ha ha!” Mordag laughs, his voice booming through the library.  ”You fools will surely die!”  He inhales hungrily, and then turns his gaze toward the cloud of darkness.

Meanwhile, Gwareniel and the staff-wielding man eye each other warily.  ”Surrender now, and the master will grant you mercy,” he says, his voice silk, his eyes focused on Gwareniel’s bow.

No longer bleeding, but still with her leg broken, Raakkel pulls herself away from the fight, aiming for the stairwell outside, but at her speed, the battle will likely be over before she can make it to the fourth floor.  Her cat, Tybalt, follows her worriedly.  Within the cover of darkness, Mack and Brigt each take a second to aim, and then both fire at the cat, who is able to twist and evade the bolt and arrow.  Gamaliel moves toward Raakkel and stretches out a hand, but then thinks better of it and turns his attention back to the fight.

OOC:   Felix was hit once more that time.  Raakkel has been able to crawl towards the door, but she’s only moving at 1 yard per turn.

Gwareniel, you’re describing a Wait maneuver.  You’re going to wait until the man with the staff makes the first move, and then you’ll get to act first.  There’s also All-Out Defense, but you can’t do anything except defend.

Please remember to give me your defenses, either in your OOC or in a private line.  If not, I’ll assume you’re using Dodge.

Two more rounds, please.

Gwaereniel
 player, 92 posts
 Elven
 Ranger
Mon 2 Feb 2015
at 01:18
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Without hesitation, I say, "I don't think so, I stand by my comrades."

OOC:The Wait Maneuver is what I am wanting to do. The instant he makes a move, I shoot.
Felix
 player, 116 posts
 Hobgoblin
 Brute
Tue 3 Feb 2015
at 18:32
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Felix retaliated again.

Attack 1: Triple Rapid Strike (-6)

Attack 2: Triple Rapid Strike (-6)

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:12, Wed 04 Feb 2015.

Gamaliel Dominick
 player, 88 posts
 Man of the (Burial) Cloth
 Advocatus Diaboli
Sat 7 Feb 2015
at 23:37
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Gamaliel narrowed his eyes, weighing his options. His possibly deluded optimistic confidence battling his reason and learning. In his warped mind, every little thing that happened today just confirmed his great destiny. The Herbalist seer had predicted this very moment, this demon was destined to be banished by his very hands. What was the demon's name though? Was This the fabled Ahriman that the townsfolk spoke of? If so, he was in no condition to banish it, at least not alive.

He turned his attention back to the goblin and attempted to heal her, at least for a minute. "Try to end this fast, it will last but a minute."

OOC: cast Relieve paralysis on Raakkel
Also, try to use demon lore on the demon is there's time.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:04, Wed 13 Jan 2016.

Gamemaster
 GM, 655 posts
 Keep calm
 And carry on
Wed 13 Jan 2016
at 18:17
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Felix and the cat continue their deadly dance, each lashing out murderously.  The cat strikes first, his claw ripping open a gash across Felix's abdomen.  The giant hobgoblin is bleeding from several wounds now, but still he fights.

On the other side of the room, Gwareniel faces down the man with the staff.  She has an arrow on her string, and she watches him, waiting for him to make the first move.   Laughing, Mordag begins chanting again, gesturing with his hands.  "Deos caeli audire vocatus."

Time and again, Felix has swung at the demon, attempting to separate its head from its shoulders, but always, the midnight black creature has been able to dodge out of the way, but this time, the cat stumbles in its retreat, and Felix's morningstar crashes down across the beast's back!   Such a blow has killed men before, and though the cat is still on its feet, it gapes in disbelief  "Master!  Save me!" it yowls.

Healing energy flows from Father Gamaliel's touch, restoring Raakel's freedom of movement.  Even as he does so, the priest racks his brain to think of what this demon's name could be.  He remembers a name - Ahriman. Could this be the same creature?  How many demons are running around Northside? 



OOC:  We did one round that time.  The cat rolled a critical success on its attack but a critical fail on its defense.  Brigt and Mack are readying an arrow and a bolt.  Gwareniel is on the far side of the room, facing the man with the staff.  Each seems to be waiting on the other to make the first move.

The white circle represents Gamaliel's Darkness spell.

Gamaliel's spell restored Raakel's movement temporarily.  It will last for one minute unless Gamaliel renews the spell.

Check your character sheets for current HP and FP totals.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:27, Wed 13 Jan 2016.

Dame Raakkel Redshield
 player, 91 posts
 Knight of the Stone
 In Over Her Head
Thu 14 Jan 2016
at 03:13
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
As Gamaliel places his healing hands on Raakkel, the pain vanishes from her from her foot and she finds herself near her full function.  Placing a hand on the ground to steady herself, she pushes herself back to a kneel, getting ready to rush back into the fray against these fetid deamons...

OOC:  Holy shit!  Are we back at this?  I have been thinking on and off of asking for an answers thread to be posted so we could figure out all of the clues that we missed along the way to stumbling into the tower which was the right answer.  I'm just as happy to just play things out though.  I still think we're all doomed but there's definitely no telling Raakkel that with all her goody two shoes disads...  Welcome back everyone!
Gamaliel Dominick
 player, 91 posts
 Man of the (Burial) Cloth
 Advocatus Diaboli
Mon 25 Jan 2016
at 16:44
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Gamaliel was fairly drained, he had to be strategic with his remaining energy.
He took a defensive stance and waited for an opportunity to do something decisive. He recognized that the man was speaking of the gods in heaven calling out, but it was still too early to tell what sort of spell he was casting.

OOC: Wait defensively, try to tell what Mordag is up to if possible.
Gamemaster
 GM, 658 posts
 Keep calm
 And carry on
Thu 28 Jan 2016
at 17:13
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
All around the dusty library, the battle rages.  Weapons clash, screams fill the air!

The giant cat springs back, hiding behind the giant.  It covers less ground than before, and it leaves behind black splotches of ichor on the dusty floor of the library as it retreats.  "Protect me, master!" it mewls, shrinking down as it does until it is once more the size of a normal house cat.

Meanwhile, the trim human advances towards Gwareniel, and he jabs out with his staff, but not before Gwareniel looses an arrow at nearly point-blank range!  At such a short distance, the arrow slams into the man's chest, digging into his leather armor, but he only smiles and continues the fluid motion of his arm.  Desperately, Gwareniel tries to backpedal, but she isn't fast enough, and the blow slams into her chest.

A wind begins picking up in the study.  Books' leaves flap, papers begin fluttering in the breeze.  The wind seems concentrated around Mordag, swirling around the giant in a sort of whirlwind.  The giant steps forward, swinging for Felix.  The hobgoblin deft steps out of the way of the giant's massive fist, and then unleashes a devilish trio of swings with his mighty morningstar, but weirdly, the two attacks that should connect pass right through the giant's flesh as if he weren't even there!  Mack fires his exotic crossbow at the giant, but the wind throws the bolt off course.  Beside him, Brigt is readying another arrow, and Dame Raakkel has risen to a kneel, her eyes locked on the duel between giant and hobgoblin.

OOC:  No map this time.  The cat has retreated away and is once more housecat-sized.  Gwareniel has been struck once by the human male.  She shot him with an arrow.

Brigt is readying another arrow.

Mordag has conjured a whirlwind 5 yards across.  He is in the eye, but Felix must strike through the wind to reach him.  To move into melee range with the giant, make an ST roll to avoid being knocked down.  DX-based skills are at -5, and ranged attacks are at a -10 penalty for every yard they must pass through.  In addition, if you enter the whirlwind, you must either close your eyes or roll vs. HT to avoid being blinded with all the dust and papers being strewn around.

2 seconds of combat, please.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:13, Thu 28 Jan 2016.

Gamemaster
 GM, 659 posts
 Keep calm
 And carry on
Sat 30 Jan 2016
at 11:01
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
The battle rages on.  Mordag's wind swirls, and Gamaliel's darkness provides shelter.  From within, Brigt, Marvin, Mack, and Raakkel can see everything that's happening in the room, but they remain concealed from all those with ordinary vision.

Across the room, the cat grows again until it is massive once more, and lunges for Gwareniel.  It is moving much less quickly now, and its pounce is clumsy, missing the elf entirely.  However, the attack is enough to distract the elf.  The human lunges forward with murderous grace, jabbing the staff into her abodomen as both Mack and Marvin cry out in alarm.  Gwareniel collapses immediately to the floor and lies very still.

Mordag swings his meaty fist again, but Felix sidesteps the giant easily enough, and responds with another flurry of dizzying swings.   However, the hobgoblin's attacks still seem to pass right through the giant's flesh, leaving no mark on the creature's body.

"You bastard!  I'll kill you for that!" Mack shouts as Gwareniel succumbs to her wounds, and the dwarf loads another bolt.   The small crat, meanwhile, turns tail and runs for the door.  Raakkel is on her feet now, the goblin knight's large knife in the her right handBeside him, Brigt looses an arrow at the staff-wielding man.  The arrow sails across the room, just out of reach of Mordag's whirlwind, and it buries itself in the human's shoulder.  Grimacing, he turns and looks toward the darkness that still obscures Mack, Brigt, and Raakkel.  "You.  You are next," he calls out, pointing into the darkness.  "Master!  Make me see!"
.
OOC:  The human male rolled a 3 on his attack for a critical success.  Brigt hit the man with an arrow.  Mordag and Felix are still trading blows, Mordag seemingly too clumsy, Felix apparently unable to hurt Mordag.  Gwareniel lies dead or dying.  Marvin has fled.  Raakkel is on her feet, armed.  A cloud of darkness still hides Mack, Brigt, and Raakkel.  A whirlwind surrounds Mordag.

This was one second of battle.  Two rounds of combat, please.

Gamaliel Dominick
 player, 92 posts
 Man of the (Burial) Cloth
 Advocatus Diaboli
Sun 31 Jan 2016
at 00:46
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Understanding that this creature was not what he appeared to be, Gamaliel tried to think of how to understand what the mage was doing and relay it to the fighters.

OOC: I'm not sure which is the right spell, but if it's possible, I want to cast trace Trace (lv16) or Seeker (lv16) on the giant, then relay his location and form to the fighters.
Dame Raakkel Redshield
 player, 93 posts
 Knight of the Stone
 In Over Her Head
Sun 31 Jan 2016
at 15:19
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
On her feet, Raakkel grits her teeth and pushes off with her back foot springing forward to the human.  There was no doubt in her mind that she could not take on the giant right now with the whirlwind and her foot, but at least she could avenge Gwaereniel, who could easily already be dying in the corner of the room...

OOC:  Sorry, it's been a while since I've done this in combat, perhaps even before 4th ed and I don't have my books super handy.  I want to do a shield slam on the human, full move in that direction.  Hopefully I get some bonus because he can't see me at the moment, but I won't count on that.  If he is further than my full move I think I have to overrun him?  Otherwise stop short after the hit.  Frenzied attack for extra slammage if it is possible, retreating block followed by parry, followed by dodge.  If I have a second turn then normal attack or step and attack as required to stay out of close combat.  No particular target for the swing.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:16, Sun 31 Jan 2016.

Gamemaster
 GM, 662 posts
 Keep calm
 And carry on
Thu 11 Feb 2016
at 12:03
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
As Gwareniel falls to the floor, the demon cat and man are already pivoting to face the group in the darkness.  The cat shrinks to housecat-size and begins racing for the doorway, the man with the staff right behind it.  Felix and the giant continue to trade blows, the giant's attacks not even coming close to the hobgoblin's.  Felix's attacks definitely should be hitting Mordag, but thus far, they seem to go right through the giant.

At the same time, Dame Raakkel charges toward the running human, her heavy shield held out in front of her like a battering ram.  As graceful as a dancer, the man spins on one foot, and Raakkel goes hurtling past him, her momentum carrying her a couple of yards past him.  Mack looses another bolt, but he misses the man completely.

Meanwhile, Gamaliel mutters words as he gestures.  "Post hunc. Ut notum esse eius. Oculi effugere non posse."  Immediately, his senses sharpen somehow.  Although he can clearly see the giant, he has an innate sense of the giant's presence in the midst of the whirlwind.



OOC:  OK, Raakkel nearly hit the the man with the staff with her shield rush, but he sidestepped her.  Gwareniel lies dead or dying.  Mack missed with his crossbow.  Brigt is readying another arrow.  Gamaliel cast Trace on Mordag and will be able to track the giant for an hour.

The cat and man with the staff are on the outside perimeter of the darkness spell.  They both are running for the door.

If you'd like, you can give me a broad description of what you'd like to do now, for instance, try to prevent the man and cat from leaving, concentrate your attacks on the giant, fight defensively, or some other action.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:01, Wed 17 Feb 2016.

Dame Raakkel Redshield
 player, 94 posts
 Knight of the Stone
 In Over Her Head
Sat 13 Feb 2016
at 18:44
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
OOC:  Raakkel will not try and prevent either the cat or the human from leaving (sorry, it's been so long, but the giant has the staff in his hands right?) so long as they are not carrying the staff.  Raakkel will focus her efforts on the giant which I'm sure will be completely useless - it seems like he has some form of steel-wraith and I doubt that I have any weapons that could come close to hurting the thing, but if she doesn't connect with her first swing (and is able to stay in the mini tornado) she'll probably start trying to knock the staff out of his hands with direct blows there.  Probably frenzied retreating dodges against the giants attacks.
Gamaliel Dominick
 player, 94 posts
 Man of the (Burial) Cloth
 Advocatus Diaboli
Sun 14 Feb 2016
at 22:54
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
"Ahriman, consider a different master." Gamaliel warned, or perhaps offered as the cat passed.

OOC: Geez, this battle doesn't really seem to be going great. The team could really use a long nap or something to recover.

I'm thinking that if the man and cat are leaving, Gamaliel moves towards Gwareniel to see if she's alive. I can use Steal Energy on a downed ally, right?

This message was last edited by the player at 22:54, Sun 14 Feb 2016.

Gamemaster
 GM, 665 posts
 Keep calm
 And carry on
Wed 17 Feb 2016
at 15:56
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
The cat and the man with the staff race past Brigt, Mack, and Gamaliel, who are all still cloaked in the darkness spell, the demon apparently ignoring Gamaliel's threat/offer. Further from the door, Dame Raakkel chooses to give chase, but weighed down by her armor, she is far slower.  She reaches the outer room with its canopied double bed, beautiful carved table and chairs, and other furnishings.  Mack and Brigt spin as the two run past them and fumble with bolt and arrow, but by the time their weapons are readied, the fleeing demon and man are already pounding down the tower's stairs.

Meanwhile, surrounded by a whirling dervish of wind, Mordag and Felix continue to trade blows.  The giant should be crushed to a pulp by now by Felix's wicked morningstar, but each attack sails harmlessly through the giant mage's flesh.  The hobgoblin's eyes dart to the door, and then back at the mage - or is it merely an illusion? - when, in the midst of another swing, Felix loses his grip on his weapon, and the massive morningstar flies off behind him!

Gamaliel approaches where Gwareniel lies, unconscious.  Her breathing is labored, and she still lives, at least for now, but her face is very pale, and if she does not receive healing, she may die.

OOC:  The man with the staff and the cat are both moving faster than Raakkel.  Felix has just lost control of his morningstar on a critical miss, and it is now behind him.  Mordag still has not managed to harm Felix.  Gamaliel has approached Gwareniel.

You may command the others to give chase, or all attack Mordag, or leave them to their own devices.  We're still in combat, but you can outline your general strategy at this point.



Dame Raakkel Redshield
 player, 97 posts
 Knight of the Stone
 In Over Her Head
Fri 19 Feb 2016
at 03:53
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Unable to give much of a chase to the man and the demon, Raakkel turns her attention back to the giant, and seeing Felix lose his one weapon, she rushes in to the defense, attempting to knock the giant off balance, or at least give him a bruise on the knee.

OOC:  Shield bash Mordag, assuming that she goes right through as well, she'll realize the thing insn't real and give chase to the human and cat...  probably going to lose my mobility well before then though.  Frenzied retreating dodges to the giant's attacks and retreating blocks to anything else.
Gamaliel Dominick
 player, 95 posts
 Man of the (Burial) Cloth
 Advocatus Diaboli
Sat 20 Feb 2016
at 23:04
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Gamaliel glared, huffing. They weren't being paid to slay some magic giant, and the prize was now out of reach. "I have an eye on the Nephilim even if he flees, perhaps we should let the guard take him on?"

He debated whether to heal her, or just take her power. The elf wasn't completely useless, even if this was the second time she was downed this day... "Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave..."

OOC: Cast major healing for one point, -3 penalty for recast. And Crap that's a bad roll. ><
Gamemaster
 GM, 666 posts
 Keep calm
 And carry on
Wed 24 Feb 2016
at 09:38
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Felix backpedals to retrieve his morningstar, and Mordag advances, his eyes on the hobgoblin.  "Serve me, and I will make you rich," the giant says, grinning, as the hobgoblin squats down to retrieve his weapon.  The wind continues to whip around him as Dame Raakkel charges forward, her shield before her. Perhaps it is the spell, and perhaps it is his focus on Felix, but for  whatever reason, Mordag does not see her as she barrels into him.  The force of her momentum is not enough to knock Mordag over, but he turns to face her, his red eyes blazing with anger.

Meanwhile, Gamaliel whispers an incantation of healing over Gwareniel's body.  The elf remains unconscious, but her breathing appears to be more regular.

Mack and Brigt have a crossbow bolt and an arrow trained on Mordag.  The swirling winds around him shield him from their attack for now.

OOC:  No map this time.  Felix has his morningstar and is squatting, his hand on his weapon.  Raakkel just bounced off of Mordag's hide and is standing next to the giant.

The penalty for recasting healing spells applies to more than one casting of the same healing spell per individual, so there's no -3 to heal Gwareniel.  She is still unconscious and gravely wounded, but he is no longer in danger of dying, at least not at this moment.

Brigt and Mack are both aiming at Mordag.

Two more rounds, please.

Dame Raakkel Redshield
 player, 98 posts
 Knight of the Stone
 In Over Her Head
Mon 29 Feb 2016
at 01:07
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Raakkel had hoped that she would barrel right through the demon, seeing the thing evade so many blows from Felix she could not help but suppose that the thing was somehow not real...  Things were simply not adding up.  The giant had attacked none of them but Felix, had used no magic other than to protect itself and when the fight was clearly won for their side, the cat and man had fled, leaving the giant who likely would destroy the whole group altogether anyway.  Still, there was something bothering her...  Why had it not struck them when they first entered?  Indeed, the whole house was confusing, from the basement with the carcasses of drained humans to the devil cat to the secret room, to the pentagram on the floor of the room above...  The pentagram...

"He can't move."  She more mouths the words than really says anything aloud, the sudden shock of the situation crashing down around her and momentarily depriving her of the full use of words.  She takes a step back, partially regaining her composure.  "He can't move!"  She yells, now fully stepping backwards, ready to dart to one side in defense in a moments notice if the giant strikes at her.  "He can't do anything outside of the pentagram!"

OOC:  Full move backwards outside of the vortex.  Frenzied retreating dodges for defense.  Get out of the ring of the pentagram and endeavor to keep Felix out of it as well.  Assuming I am right (please be right on something) then use the extra time to regroup, first aid on Gwaereniel, post a guard at the door (Felix probably) and try and put ourselves back together.
Gamemaster
 GM, 671 posts
 Keep calm
 And carry on
Tue 1 Mar 2016
at 15:47
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Suddenly inspired, Raakkel pulls back.  Could the pentagram on the floor above this one be confining Mordag to this room somehow?  She barks out to Felix to join her at the door, and the hobgoblin looks at Mordag and then pulls back as well, joining Brigt and Mack at the entrance.

Gamaliel is still kneeling beside the unconscious Gwareniel.  The elf still lives, but she has been beaten badly by the staff, much as the Sorceress in Silver's apprentice Maewen was.

Mordag's laugh booms through the room.  The whirlwind still swirls around him, lifting up dust and loose sheaves of paper.  His long white hair whips in the wind, and his red eyes gleam with arrogance.  "Flee, worms, and never return!" he shouts, his voice reverberating against the walls of the library.  "There is only death for you here.  Leave the elf.  I shall spare your lives this time, but if you remain in my domain, you forfeit your very souls!"

OOC:  You have several choices here.  Mordag has granted you a reprieve, but you can attack him again, flee, retreat to the outer hall or another floor, or anything else you can think of.
Dame Raakkel Redshield
 player, 100 posts
 Knight of the Stone
 In Over Her Head
Fri 4 Mar 2016
at 02:54
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Raakkel is somewhat wary as she makes her way backwards, unperturbed by the giant who still stands amid his whirlwind.  Felix retreats as well and when a moment ago the giant was offering riches for servitude he now seems content to stand still and make threats to the entire party.  One thing was for certain, Raakkel was not about to abandon Gwaereniel.

"No,"  She offers bluntly, moving back to care for the elf as she keeps a half an eye on the giant before her.  She takes stock of the rest of her crew, trying to plan out the next steps...  "How long have you been here?"  She casually asks the giant as she takes a look over Gwaereniel's wounds.

OOC:  Ok, I'm not sure how far I should take this, so I'll just put my general intentions in OOC and you can feel free to take the group as far as is reasonable.  First thing I'll do is roll first aid for G, and probably myself (as I doubt that the healing spell will hold long enough to keep me mobile after all this is complete)  Give Gam the time to rest if he needs it while Felix watches the door.  Once I'm able to move around (or have some impromptu crutch to use) and everyone else is mobile, take the group back out the trap door and start clearing the building from the top down again, making sure that the wizard and the cat didn't go to some other floor.
Gamaliel Dominick
 player, 96 posts
 Man of the (Burial) Cloth
 Advocatus Diaboli
Fri 4 Mar 2016
at 18:25
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
The priest sighs, looking at the elf then at the knight. "We are beaten milady, your leg won't last this fight, and I doubt this one will be up again soon either..." He glances up at the giant. "Just let me prepare her soul for her journey back to The Lord." He glanced at Redshield pointedly, then back down at Gwaereniel. He made a motion over the unconscious woman's head, not a crucifix, but an arrow pointing back towards the door. "But You, o LORD, are a SHIELD about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head... He delivers me from my enemies; Surely YOU LIFT me above those who rise up against me; You rescue me from the violent man." After talking, the priest would turn to leave the pair to their fates, making his way towards the door.

OOC: Gamaliel will attempt to leave the room, trying to signal Raakkel to grab her and follow. The spell he cast on Raakkel won't last, probably not even for the journey out of the tower, so resting might not help quite yet...

ALSO, Happy 1000th post!


GM edit to remove the casting of Missile Shield.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:27, Wed 09 Mar 2016.

Gamemaster
 GM, 677 posts
 Keep calm
 And carry on
Wed 9 Mar 2016
at 03:41
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Taking advantage of the momentary lull in combat, Raakkel asks Mordag a question, hoping to buy some time as she quickly looks over Gwareniel.  The elf's face is pale.  Her breathing is regular, but she is still on death's door.  The goblin knight will need more time to make a full assessment of Gwareniel's injuries, but the elf is lucky to be alive.

The giant laughs, his voice booming over the whirl of the maelstrom.  "This crude tower?  Only for a season.  Once I have what I have come for, I will retire to a more suitable dwelling."

As Gamaliel bends over the fallen elf, Mordag waves a hand dismissively.  "Go, then, worms, and take the elf.  I do not require her, not yet, at least.  However, if you should return here, you will die.  I promise you this."  He looks more closely at Gamaliel as the mage holds the crucifix shining with light.  The giant sneers.  "Your faith will not save you, priest.  Eventually, ALL come to Mordag."

Raakkel scoops up the unconscious Gwareniel and hurries to the door, Gamaliel behind them.  Mack, Brigt, and Felix cover their retreat while Mordag stands in the room, massive arms folded over his chest, white hair blowing in the tempest.  The pale giant throws back his head and laughs.  The gnome, half-elf, and goblin follow, leaving the safety of the conjured darkness to join the others in the outer bedroom.

OOC:  OK, you've gone into the next room, the bedroom.  Mordag is still in the hidden library, watching you.  His whirlwind spell is still active, as is Gamaliel's Darkness spell.  Gamaliel, let me know which spells you wish to maintain.  Your current maintained spells are on your character sheet.

Where will you go?  The man with the staff and the demon cat are unaccounted for.  Gwareniel needs further healing soon, or she could still die, and Raakkel is only walking because of Gamaliel's spell.

Will you go back to Varley's to regroup, or report what you've seen to the Sorceress in Silver?  Will you go meet Shale at Mother Gird's, or James and Rooster wherever they are?  Or do something else?

Dame Raakkel Redshield
 player, 102 posts
 Knight of the Stone
 In Over Her Head
Thu 10 Mar 2016
at 02:58
Re: Part 1d - Tripping Upstairs
Raakkel sighs as the group makes their way out the secret doorway.  One thing was sure enough, Mordag would be here tomorrow, as he promised that coming back here was death.  First thing was first though, they had to regroup to try and heal the members of their party who could at least still breath.  The thought makes her mind stray to the goblin Zazok, who still lays on the stones, dead, several floors below.

"What's say we make our way back to Varley's?"  She breathes, trying to plod a way forward from this disastrous evening.  "We'll recover and regroup in the morning...  Though we still need to meet Shale - Mack and Brigt, what say you to meeting her and telling her of the events that happened tonight?  Something tells me the Sorceress should be updated too."

OOC:  I say we make our way out - set a front and rear guard if possible to stave off the cat and human trying to get us from somewhere.  I'd also like to clear out the other areas of the tower just to make sure those two are gone but it would mean sending most of us along and basically leaving the more injured in our ranks.  Gam, if you've got any additions, feel free to shoot.

The adventure continues in Part 1 - Mordag's Little Finger.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:04, Sun 13 Mar 2016.