The Lyceum (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Kar Reuel
 player, 83 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Sun 18 Dec 2011
at 15:34
Re: The Lyceum (main)
Kar took a step forward and pulled at this staff angling it for the draconian attacking Owain's rear. It would simply not do, attacking from behind. A quick aim to the knee of the draconian followed by a full force strike would hopefully bring it down.

As always Kar tried to be aware of his surroundings, ensuring that nobody in the group would be surprised or endangered.


Actions:
Attack to the Draconian's closest knee
15:31, Today: Kar Reuel rolled 9 using 3d6. Attack (knee ).

15:33, Today: Kar Reuel rolled 3 using 1d6+2. Damage. (Does this get a modifier
for the quarterstaff? I dont have my books to hand)

This message was last edited by the player at 17:21, Thu 22 Dec 2011.

Dragondog
 GM, 623 posts
Mon 26 Dec 2011
at 13:16
Re: The Lyceum (main)
Turn 3

With a well placed swing of his sword, Owain cut the draconian down. Though the dead body turned to stone before it had time to fall.

D'aden kept covering the doorway.

Olven stepped to get a better angle and stabbed his spear into the draconians gut (R1) and called out to the kender on the table.

"I'm a little tied up here," the kender said. "And I haven't had this much fun since my aunt Thistleprick fell into the pond and thought she would drown. Before she was told how deep the pond was and she stod up that is. My aunt Thistleprick always said she could talk to ghosts. I haven't seen any myself and figured this might be as good a time as any to find out." The kender continued jabbering about his aunt and ghosts and other things only kender care about.

Kar stepped into the doorway and swung his staff at one of the draconians (R5, as that's the only one he can reach with a step) and it connected with the draconian's knee with a loud thud, but it was still standing.

Tarhall cast a spell on one of the draconians (R4) and vines sprouted from the floor and wrapped around its feet.

Jarl and Sarah remained where they were.

The statue attacked the mobile draconian with his fists, but barely connected.

One draconian attacked Owain, but missed. Another draconian (R5) stepped towards Kar and attacked with its meat cleaver, but Kar barely dodged out of the way. The remaining draconian attacked the statue, but missed.

[OOC: Unless you indicate otherwise, I will interprete a step as a GURPS step, normally moving 1 hex. If you want it to mean something else, the best thing to do is to indicate the precise hex you're moving too. This is a good practice in any case as it avoids misunderstanding.]

[OOC: Kar is holding his staff with a 2 hex reach at this point.]

[What do you do?]

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:17, Mon 26 Dec 2011.

Owain uth Urien
 player, 268 posts
 Big, bad and cuddly, like
 a teddy bear with swords
Mon 26 Dec 2011
at 17:27
Re: The Lyceum (main)
Owain, moves on to the next draconian, attacking it with Broadsword and Shield.

09:24, Today: Owain uth Urien rolled 12 using 3d6. Broadsword Attack, Draco 1.
09:26, Today: Owain uth Urien rolled 22 using 3d6+9. Damage.

D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 133 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 28 Dec 2011
at 16:21
Re: The Lyceum (main)
D'aden decides the draconians aren't going to come through the doorway. He turns around to assuage his sudden paranoia by watching for an ambush from behind, still prepared to loose an arrow if necessary.

OOC: wait lapsed, move to turn around and ready bow
Dragondog
 GM, 624 posts
Mon 2 Jan 2012
at 13:13
Re: The Lyceum (main)
Owain sliced another draconian into pieces, Kar dealt with another, and the statue with the third. All leaving more stone statues behind.
Kar Reuel
 player, 87 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Tue 3 Jan 2012
at 10:05
Re: The Lyceum (main)
A growing need arose inside the cleric. He made sure that he was on the edge of his range against the nearest Draconian and swirled his staff before swinging at its maw. He would put it down.

The staff spun in his hand and arced its way through the air as Kar unwittingly hissed at his target. It seemed his strike was true.
(OOC: I assume we killed them/beat them due to your last post Mr.GM)

Kar headed over to the Kender, laced up proper, on the table and smiled down at him; though whether it was a kindly or lustful Kar didn't know. The cleric sucked his teeth and glanced around his companions before taking any further action.


Actions:
Is anyone injured? (observation)
10:04, Today: Kar Reuel rolled 14 using 3d6. Observation.


OOC: Sorry about the missing of a post. New year and all, back to normal now.
Happy new year everyone


Dragondog
 GM, 626 posts
Wed 4 Jan 2012
at 12:23
Re: The Lyceum (main)
Kar studied the others. The only one that appeared to be injured was the kender, still strapped to the table.

[You did indeed deal with all of the draconians.]

[Real Life can do that, especially this time of year.]
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 134 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 4 Jan 2012
at 22:48
Re: The Lyceum (main)
D'aden released the tension on his bow, but remained holding the arrow as he turned around and looked through the door.
"I'ld be careful of the kender, things here are seldom as they seem."
Olven Wolf
 player, 313 posts
 Honorable Merc
Thu 5 Jan 2012
at 12:14
Re: The Lyceum (main)
Sheathing his spear, Olven turns to the tied-up Kender.  He looks at Kar as if he's about to say something, but then he shakes his head and addresses the little fella.  "My friends here are concerned you might be something other than you appear.  I'm going to get you out of those ropes, but you stick close to me until we know whether we can trust you.  Now hold still."

He takes his knife out and slices through the ropes binding the kender.  "You seen or heard of any young humans being held captive in here?"

OOC:  My apologies for my prolonged absence.
Dragondog
 GM, 648 posts
Thu 5 Jan 2012
at 13:50
Re: The Lyceum (main)
The Kender sat up on the table. "I'm Telbin Shadowchaser," he said and shook Olven's hand as his red topknot of hair bounced all over the place. [Unless Olven tries to avoid doing so.]

ďI havenít seen any other captives,Ē he continued. ďBut then Iím still fairly young and I havenít traveled as much as my uncle. Youíve heard of my uncle havenít you? Heís Acorn Nimblefingers and heís been all over Krynn. He even climbed a ladder to Lunitari once. What a journey that must have been.Ē

[It happens Olven. It's good to have you back.]
[Acorn Nimblefingers was one of the Godsbringers and a hero of the War of the Lance, everyone knows that name and that he was a well renowned bard in his own right even before the war.]
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 135 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 5 Jan 2012
at 20:09
Re: The Lyceum (main)
At the mention of Acorn Nimblefingers, D'aden releases the tension that has held him still and walks toward the kender. "Acorn Nimblefingers? I've been trying to work on one of his tunes." As he speaks, he puts his bow and pack amongst the draconian's remains and pulls out his mandolin.
With some enthusiasm, he starts to talk at Telbin, "if he's your uncle, maybe you can tell me if I've got this right."
Of course, D'aden's next act is to begin plucking a martial melody from his mandolin as he sings,
"Down from the glen came the marching men
With their shields and their swords
To fight the fight they believed to be right
Overthrow the overlords

To the town where there was plenty
They brought plunder, swords and flame
When they left the town was empty
Children would never play again

From their graves I heard the fallen
Above the battle cry
By that bridge near the border
There were many more to die

Then onward over the mountain
And outward towards the sea
They had come to claim the emerald
Without it they could not leave"


After he completes the tune, he stands still and waits for the kender's response.
Dragondog
 GM, 649 posts
Thu 5 Jan 2012
at 21:53
Re: The Lyceum (main)
The kender danced on the table as D'aden performed, singing along, if it could be called singing as his tune hurt the bard's performance, and it was difficult to adjudicate just how well D'aden did in the singing department. But he held his own on the mandolin and his "stage performance" was excellent, one could almost say wasted on such a small crowd.

Telbin suddenly stopped dancing during a portion of the song, chasing something across the floor. As he was cleaning it on his shirt, the heroes noted that it was a fake eye, that the kender popped back into his eye socket as soon as he deemed it clean enough. Sitting down on the table again, panting.

"I'm nothing like my uncle when it comes to music," the kender said. "But you sounded good enough to dance to. And having gone through this ordeal with the draconians, the dancing quite winded me. You don't happen to have something to eat and drink so that I can recuperate my strength?"
Olven Wolf
 player, 314 posts
 Honorable Merc
Fri 6 Jan 2012
at 19:06
Re: The Lyceum (main)
"Of course, friend Kender."  Olven rummages through his pack and pulls out a small wrapped bag and a skin of water.  Inside the bag is an assortment of dried meat and fruit, enough for a meal.  "Eat as much as you'd like," he offers, "and drink your fill of water.  I'm sorry to say I can't offer you more now, but we have more supplies back at our wagon."

"Speaking of which, it's time we were headed back that way to rest for the evening.  Shall we resume our search in the morning, Magistrate, Sir Owain?  We could all use a little rest, I think."  He shoots a glance over at Kar.  "Let's search through this room first, and then I vote to call it an evening."

OOC:  Give Telbin a meal of trail rations and as much water as he wants.  Then search this room for anything of value.
Kar Reuel
 player, 89 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Sat 7 Jan 2012
at 22:16
Re: The Lyceum (main)
Kar wandered about after nodding to the suggestion. He began to search the room looking for any tell tale signs of hidden objects.

"Yes, it would be good to allow our new Kender friend time to recover. He's been through an ordeal and it might be worth setting up camp" he replied without looking back.



Actions:
Observation (do i notice Olven making glances towards me?)
Search

22:16, Today: Kar Reuel rolled 5 using 3d6. Search.
22:16, Today: Kar Reuel rolled 9 using 3d6. Observation.

Dragondog
 GM, 650 posts
Thu 12 Jan 2012
at 09:26
Re: The Lyceum (main)
"Thank you," Telbin said and started eating.

Kar and Olven searched the kitchen.
Olven Wolf
 player, 315 posts
 Honorable Merc
Fri 13 Jan 2012
at 18:07
Re: The Lyceum (main)
"Well, I guess that's that.  Shall we return to the wagon and make camp for the night?"

Stepping closer to Kar, Olven murmurs something softly.    Olven thumps Kar on the back in a friendly way, and says, "Good work today, everyone.  So far, so good."

OOC:  Ready to camp for the night back where we left the wagon.
Dragondog
 GM, 651 posts
Thu 19 Jan 2012
at 16:12
Re: The Lyceum (main)
The heroes returned to the wagons outside the Lyceum.
Kar Reuel
 player, 90 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Thu 19 Jan 2012
at 19:47
Re: The Lyceum (main)
IC: The wagons were welcome respite that allowed Kar to collect himself before continuing on his adventure. The whisperings of Olven had passed without reply as he considered them. Later, Kar responded "The Kender is protected by all of us. I am sure that I will talk to you of what happened in Kalaman City. We have more important issues at hand now, so perhaps the details of my city life can wait until later." Kar finished with as warm a smile as he could muster before heading to sort out his camping gear.

Actions:
Set up camping equipment

D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 136 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 19 Jan 2012
at 22:49
Re: The Lyceum (main)
D'aden busied himself with the general camp duties in a way that showed a comfortable familiarity with being in the open. Looking at the sky, he remarked on the necessity of pitching tents, "If it doesn't rain, we might as well save our strength and sleep in the open."
Dragondog
 GM, 652 posts
Fri 20 Jan 2012
at 07:44
Re: The Lyceum (main)
The horses suddenly became nervous, afraid even, and tried to escape from their bonds. But the Ward Master's men were able to calm them.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 137 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Fri 20 Jan 2012
at 18:05
Re: The Lyceum (main)
D'aden looks at the horses, and says, "Do you think there could be draconians around outside the building?" as he stops working at the mundane chores of setting up camp and makes sure his staff is close at hand.
Dragondog
 GM, 653 posts
Sat 21 Jan 2012
at 21:16
Re: The Lyceum (main)
GM passing a message

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:16, Sun 22 Jan 2012.

Kar Reuel
 player, 91 posts
 Balance: Mind, Body & . .
 Favored by Majere
Sun 22 Jan 2012
at 16:14
Re: The Lyceum (main)
IC:

"It could be possible that there are some draconians lurking in the nearby area. Though, i am not sure why the horses are spooked, like they are. I wonder if it might be prudent to assign a guard through the night. I would welcome the opportunity to contemplate the day's tidings and as such offer myself as volunteer for the first shift." Kar glanced at the horses and then looked around the camp.
Dragondog
 GM, 654 posts
Thu 26 Jan 2012
at 16:35
Re: The Lyceum (main)
The heroes use a guard rotation during the night and it is soon morning.

[This thread is closed. I'll post your CP awards a little later.]

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:41, Thu 26 Jan 2012.

Dragondog
 GM, 694 posts
Tue 24 Jul 2012
at 09:52
Re: The Lyceum (main)
It took me awhile, but here are your CP awards