The Lyceum II (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Olven Wolf
 player, 347 posts
 Honorable Merc
Fri 3 Aug 2012
at 04:18
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
His axe drawn, Olven turns to face a new foe, lasing out with deceptive move that looks like it's aiming for the draconian's arm, but changes trajectory at the last moment.  "Sir Owain, do you need some help?", he asks, trying to maneuver towards the knight.

OOC:  Deceptive Attack.
Dragondog
 GM, 699 posts
Sat 11 Aug 2012
at 07:17
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Round 4
Kar and Sarah continued their battle with the draconian, both of them hitting it, but their opponent was still standing.

D'aden drew and nocked an arrow.

Another swing from Owain and the draconian was down and stone.

Olven cut into one of the draconians with his axe, slowing it down and drawing its attention away from Owain.

Tarhall and the golem held their ground.

One draconian hit Kar (4hp) with its broadsword. Another tried to return Olven's favor, but its wound worsened its swing.

The four remaining close draconians tried to grapple Owain again. He held one at bay with his shield, another with his sword, and he stepped out of the grasp of another.
But one of them managed to get a grip.

The final four draconians joined the fight, but none of their swings connected.



Tarhall -2FP
Kar -4hp
d6,d13-d14 vs. Kar and Sarah
d8, d15 vs. Olven
d9-d12, d16 vs. Owain
Olven Wolf
 player, 348 posts
 Honorable Merc
Sat 11 Aug 2012
at 09:16
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Be careful, everyone," Olven calls out.  "Fall back if you need to."

Cheered by his success, he follows up his attack with another swing, seeking to fool the draconian again with a tricky attack.  He once more strikes out, seeming to attack the draconian's arm before changing his axe's trajectory at the last moment.

OOC:  Attack drac injured last round.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:42, Wed 22 Aug 2012.

D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 164 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sat 11 Aug 2012
at 17:02
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden looses his arrow at the late-arriving opponents. Before he has seen the result of his shot, he is reaching for another arrow.

OOC: just shooting an arrow, nothing fancy
11:51, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 11 using 3d6. shoot a drac (bow 16).
11:58, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 5 using 1d6+2. possible damage (impaling).

Dragondog
 GM, 700 posts
Fri 17 Aug 2012
at 10:37
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Sarah and Kar continued to pommel the draconian they had been fighting with, both of them connecting with their weapons.

Olven tricked the draconian he was fighting with, got a good gash across its abdomen, and brought it unmoving, yet alive, to the ground. Letting go of his sword in the fall.

D'aden losend an arrow and it stuck in the chest of one of the draconians.

With a quick yank, Owain managed to pull himself free.

Tarhall ordered the golem onward to aid Owain. It moved forward, but the fist missed its target.

Tarhall summoned another rock wreathed in flame to his hand.

The three draconians that faced Kar and Sarah all focused on Sarah, but two of them missed and she avoided the third.

A draconian attacked Olven, but he was able to avoid being hit.

The four draconians facing Owain, tried to grapple him again. One of them missed. He intercepted one with his shield and stepped away from the other two.


Tarhall -4FP
Kar -4hp
d6,d13-d14 vs. Kar and Sarah
d8, d15 vs. Olven
d9-d12 vs. Owain
d16 vs. D'aden
Dragondog
 GM, 701 posts
Sat 18 Aug 2012
at 07:47
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
OOC: At some point after I posted yesterday, my computer stopped working. Now I can only use safe mode no matter what I've tried. And because of the fixed resolution, I couldn't even post in the OOC thread.

Hopefully I'll have this sorted soon.
Olven Wolf
 player, 350 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 22 Aug 2012
at 02:45
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
As his target falls to the floor, Olven shifts to face the next draconian.  Wolf's blood is pumping now, and he's beginning to enjoy himself, a smile starting to spread across his face.  Once more, he lashes out with his axe, the blade sweeping through the air toward its target, at the last millisecond changing trajectory.

OOC:  Attack new target, whichever's closest.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:07, Sat 17 Nov 2012.

D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 167 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Sat 17 Nov 2012
at 06:37
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Realizing that the draconians were becoming a bit too close for his bow, and recognizing that he had injudiciously dropped his sword earlier, D'aden takes a step back and switches from his bow to his staff. Under his breath, he adds to his previous ditty, singing softly through his clenched teeth,
Their heads smashed in
And their hearts cut out
And their livers removed
And their bowels unplugged


OOC: step and weapon trade
Dragondog
 GM, 707 posts
Wed 21 Nov 2012
at 12:10
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Sarah and Kar brought one of the draconians they had been fighting to the ground.

Olven continued his axe assault on the next draconian in reach, severing its right arm, which fell to the ground still holding the sword.

D'aden swaped his bow for his staff.

Owain cut down another draconian that ended up stone on the floor.

The golem punched one of the draconians.

Tarhall threw his flaming rock on the draconian with one of D'aden's arrows sticking out of it and brought it to the ground.

The two draconians that faced Kar and Sarah kept attacking the female and she continued to evade them.

The draconian that just had lost his arm, stood there looking at his stump.

With only two draconians attacking him now, Owain was able to use his shield judiciously in keeping them away.


Tarhall -4FP
Kar -4hp
d6 (down),d13-d14 vs. Kar and Sarah
d8 (down), d15 (one armed) vs. Olven
d11-d12 vs. Owain
d10 vs. golem
d16 (down) vs. D'aden
Olven Wolf
 player, 354 posts
 Honorable Merc
Thu 22 Nov 2012
at 04:28
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Smiling grimly at his handiwork, Olven Wolf swoops in again with another axe slice, again aiming at the draconian he's fighting.  Just because the creature was now one-armed didn't mean it wasn't still a threat.

OOC:  Attaaaaack!
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 168 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 22 Nov 2012
at 08:12
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden ambles forward bring the nearest draconian into his reach, and swats at it with his staff.

OOC: Move and attack, step to within two yards of the nearest draconian and swing the staff at it. 02:10, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 10,8 using 3d6,2d6+2. attack (SL 9) and possible damage.
Dragondog
 GM, 711 posts
Fri 30 Nov 2012
at 19:05
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Sarah and Kar moved to one of the remaining two draconians attacking Sarah and  double teamed it.

With another swing of the axe, Olven was able to bring another draconian to the ground.

With his attack, D'aden's was able to draw one of the attackers away from Sarah and Kar, but his staff was parried while still at a medium distance away from the draconian he now faced.

Owain continued making stone out of draconinas. While the golem missed its mark.

One remaining draconian swung his swords at Sarah and this time he connected.

The other swung at D'aden, but due to D'aden's movement he was unable to connect.

The last draconian was unable to do anything to the golem, despite hitting it.

Tarhall -4FP
Kar -4hp
Sarah -3hp
d6 (down),d13 vs. Kar and Sarah
d8 (down), d15 (one armed, down) vs. Olven
d12 vs. Owain
d10 vs. golem
d16 (down), d14 vs. D'aden
Olven Wolf
 player, 356 posts
 Honorable Merc
Thu 6 Dec 2012
at 14:07
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Olven steps back and looks down as his last draconian falls to the ground, then looks around the room at how the rest of his companions were faring.  Axe in hand, he moves to attack the next closest draconian he can see.

OOC:  Attack!
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 169 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Fri 7 Dec 2012
at 04:31
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Apparently D'aden decided if the drac wants to parry, it should have every chance to do so as he begins to hammer away, swinging as fast as he can.

OOC: all out attack: double
22:30, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 13,8 using 3d6,2d6+2. attack (SL 14) and damage first swing.
22:30, Today: D'aden Tor VIII rolled 6,6 using 3d6,2d6+2. attack (SL 14) and damage second swing.

Dragondog
 GM, 713 posts
Fri 7 Dec 2012
at 13:01
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
As Olven and D'aden teamed up on the draconian, it was unsuccessful in defending itself from the onslaught and went down.

Sarah and Kar dealt with theirs. Owain sliced another one and the golem brought the final draconian to the ground too.

The heroes were surrounded by sixteen dead or otherwise downed draconians littering the floor.
Olven Wolf
 player, 357 posts
 Honorable Merc
Tue 11 Dec 2012
at 14:10
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Olven looks around at their handiwork, the broken draconians scattered around them.  He disarms them of their weapons.  "More for the kingdom," he says, though he knows Kalamar needs more valuable resources than these.  "Shall we bundle everything back to the wagon and then return to continue our exploration?" he asks.  "And I wonder if we'll catch the scent of those missing kids."

OOC:  DD, do we have a map of what we've explored already?  What else remains on this floor?  I know we discovered a staircase to the floor below, but I'd like to make sure this floor is cleared of enemies first.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 170 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 12 Dec 2012
at 05:21
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden looks at the downed creatures, and attempts to salvage as many arrows as he can. As he does so, he notes the similarity of dress and over-all martial nature of their foes. "You know, this has all the appearance of a barracks, with a number of off-duty guards in it. If that's the case, wouldn't we expect to find them guarding something valuable? Perhaps we should look in the rooms they came from, for some indication of what that would be."
Olven Wolf
 player, 358 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 12 Dec 2012
at 05:33
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"I'm glad one of us is thinking," Olven Wolf says, grinning.  Once he's gathered up the draconians' armaments, he begins exploring the rooms they were sleeping in.  Once this area is secure, they can always haul out the weaponry.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 172 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 04:21
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden retrieves the loaner broad sword, his staff, and any arrows he can find. "Considering the number of these lizard soldiers we've run in to, I would wonder if they are forming an outpost here. If they did so, it could be more of a danger to the kingdom than a lack of funds."
Dragondog
 GM, 717 posts
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 19:28
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes searched the rooms they had seen the draconians come from. They were all the same as the first one they had already been inside. Two bunk beds, some chests, all of them more or less empty, except clothes and personal items belonging to the draconians. Nothing that seemed of value or that might indicate why they were here.

They did note though, that the middle door, which no draconian had exited, led to the open area where they had liberated the griffon.

Which left them only with two options. Going back or going down the corridor opposite the door to the open area.

[Their armor could probably only be used by another draconian, while their swords are more useful for other races.]
Olven Wolf
 player, 361 posts
 Honorable Merc
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 13:02
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
"Let's haul these weapons outside, and then come back and explore that other corridor," Olven says, rubbing his chin.  He sheathes his axe and picks up his spear.  "You're right about there being a lot of dracs around.  They might very well be planning another invasion.  The king will definitely need to know about what we've uncovered here, anyway."

OOC:  Olven will vote for carting the weapons back to the wagon and then following the corridor.  We can probably just leave the armor here, unless it can be salvaged.
Dragondog
 GM, 733 posts
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 19:17
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
The heroes brought the swords with them outside. When they got there, they noted that the carriage they had left outside no longer was there.
D'aden Tor VIII
 player, 177 posts
 Farmborn, self-taught,
 goalless drifter, so far.
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 01:49
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
D'aden cocks his head to one side, and tries to figure out which direction the carts went. "Do you think we're fortunate enough for the guys with the cart to have gone back for more food?"
Olven Wolf
 player, 368 posts
 Honorable Merc
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 04:51
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
When the exit the Lyceum to find the cart and Jarlianthias' guard gone, Olven's mouth gapes.  "Gods above, what happened here?  Come on, let's find out what happened to Jarlianthas' guard!"  He immediately begins searching around the area, hunting for their missing cart and the mayor's personal guard.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:36, Wed 23 July 2014.

Dragondog
 GM, 901 posts
Tue 3 Feb 2015
at 20:43
Re: The Lyceum II (main)
Each of you earn 2 CP for your participation in this thread.