Arrival at Felucia.   Posted by GM Hammer.Group: 0
Jack Shepherd
 player, 93 posts
Mon 20 Dec 2010
at 03:13
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"I'm fine," Jack replied.  He unbuckled his crash webbing but stayed seated.  "But we should get out of here and fast."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:52, Mon 17 Jan 2011.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 25 posts
 ex-Jedi
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 12:33
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"Looks like we might need some gear to get down from here.  Does this ship carry syntherope?"
GM Hammer
 GM, 145 posts
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 17:04
Re: Arrival at Felucia

"Yes," Sirona replied.  "The Banshee carries all basic supplies.  I should have enough food and water to last the four of you about a week, though we certainly shouldn't be here that long."  She directed you to where the supplies were, then went outside to assess the damage, while Crash inspected the innards of the ship.

As soon as Captain Okeefe opened the hatch you could all feel the thick, humid air seep into the ship almost immediately.  When she returned, she had less than stellar news.  While the Banshee had survived the landing mostly intact, it wouldn't be taking off any time soon.  "I think Crash and I can make the repairs," she said.  "But I can't give you an estimate of when the work will be done.  Fortunately, the ship is hidden by the jungle canopy, so we should be able to work in relative safety.  You already have the directions to the prison facility on Connus' and Urb'n'ploon's datapads, and now you have the Banshee's location, and the syntherope should be long enough to let you get to the ground, so you can probably go ahead and get going."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:05, Fri 07 Jan 2011.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 26 posts
 ex-Jedi
Fri 7 Jan 2011
at 20:23
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urbn went to take stock of the ship's supplies and to gather up some syntherope.
Jack Shepherd
 player, 94 posts
Mon 17 Jan 2011
at 07:03
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"Let's get going," Jack said, his rifle already ready.
GM Hammer
 GM, 146 posts
Tue 18 Jan 2011
at 16:45
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Connus tried to climb down the rope first.  He almost slipped right at the get go, but was able to keep his footing--which lasted all of 2 seconds.  He fell the full 9 meters, and landed hard on his rear.  Talamon followed in like manner, never managing to hang on really at all.

Urb'n followed next.  He ably climbed halfway down the rope before he slipped, he was able to slow his progress down by scrabbling for the rope, so that he only jammed his legs when he landed.

Jack smiled at the others then hopped out of the ship and broke his fall with a blast from his jet pack.  "It's the only way to fly," he grinned at Urb'n.

"Well, Urb'n" Connus said, getting up and rubbing his behind.  "You're the one who's been here before, we'll let you lead."

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:53, Tue 18 Jan 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 147 posts
Fri 21 Jan 2011
at 18:48
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Your first steps onto the soil of Felucia made it clear that this planet was truly alive. Massive mushrooms now towered overhead, their overhanging edges creating a canopy that blocked out much of the planet’s sunlight. Every step on Felucian soil turned up insects and other fungi just beneath the surface. The noise of the jungle was loud and alien, full of the sounds of a hundred insects and animals moving through the mushroom swamps, all part of a living and vibrant ecosystem.

Your first hour of travel you were able to make excellent progress towards the prison facility.
GM Hammer
 GM, 148 posts
Sat 22 Jan 2011
at 21:25
Re: Arrival at Felucia

The next few hours did not go so well.  Within the first hour you seem to have gotten turned around somehow, and during the next hour of trying to get back on track...
GM Hammer
 GM, 149 posts
Mon 24 Jan 2011
at 20:49
Re: Arrival at Felucia
...both Talamon and Connus stopped short, but they did not have time to warn either Jack or Urb'n.  Both of them suddenly felt like they had a mouthful of dust; only it wasn't dust--it was squishier.  When they started feeling the stings, they realized they had walked into an insect swarm.  Fortunately, the swarm was just as surprised by your appearance as you were by theirs, so they didn't do much harm before you had time to react.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:51, Mon 24 Jan 2011.

Urb'n'ploon
 player, 32 posts
 ex-Jedi
Tue 25 Jan 2011
at 12:50
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n checks his feelings using the Force to determine if moving out of the swarm will simply make matters worse.

UtF check: 28
GM Hammer
 GM, 150 posts
Tue 25 Jan 2011
at 21:13
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Jack quickly moved out of the swarm.  Urb'n, stood there, connecting with the Force.  He realized that indeed it would be better to move out of the swarm.  The swarm, now no longer surprised, attacked Urb'n viciously, while he made his decision.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 33 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 03:04
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n sprang from his position and tried to get out of the swarm as quickly as he could.
Jack Shepherd
 player, 97 posts
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 03:27
Re: Arrival at Felucia
"We need to do something," Jack said, spitting out the foul insects.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 34 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 26 Jan 2011
at 22:24
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Survival check to know what to do about the swarm: 17
GM Hammer
 GM, 151 posts
Fri 28 Jan 2011
at 18:44
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Unfortunately, Urb'n's Survival knowledge was not sufficient enough to know how to handle the swarm.  "How about we just run away from them," Talamon suggested.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 35 posts
 ex-Jedi
Sat 29 Jan 2011
at 00:22
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n drew his lightsaber and ignited it.  "Lead the way," he said with a grimace.  It just wasn't his day.
GM Hammer
 GM, 152 posts
Mon 31 Jan 2011
at 21:30
Re: Arrival at Felucia
It wasn't too difficult to get away from the swarm.  The insects only chased you for one minute.  Apparently they weren't that interested in pursuing you.  As you continued the trek...
GM Hammer
 GM, 153 posts
Tue 1 Feb 2011
at 19:03
Re: Arrival at Felucia
...you almost fell into a sinkhole.  Fortunately you were all able to identify it and avoid the hazard.

Urb'n was able to get the group back on track for another hour, but then struggled for 2 hours to find his way.  Finally, he got his bearings straightened out and they headed successfully in the correct direction for 4 more hours.  Between the hazards and the long marching, everyone was starting to wear down.

Night was starting to fall and the cacophony of noise created by insects and animals made it nearly impossible to hear the splash of your footsteps through the swamp. The open area you walked into resembled a large shallow pool of water with narrow islands rising out of the water, looking like stepping stones that were slightly too far apart to jump across. A faint mist hung over the swampy ground, drifting over the still pool of water. By now, the crazy colors and weird sunlight were tiring your eyes, but you saw something unusual in the distance – something stark and white that appeared to be leaning against a large fungus.

As you approached it, you realized it was stormtrooper armor, stuck on a stake in the ground.  You didn't have to travel much farther to see a scout trooper helmet with a stake poking all the way through it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:04, Tue 01 Feb 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 154 posts
Mon 7 Feb 2011
at 19:08
Re: Arrival at Felucia
As you stand on an island in the middle of the swampy area, you each notice two humanoid-shaped beings lying prone on a pair of islands in front of  you (see the map for your party's location and the location of the two beings).  The beings have mud and other foliage plastered to their bodies as camouflage, making them difficult to see against the backdrop of the swamp.  Connus and Talamon seem aware of at least one of the beings.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:12, Mon 07 Feb 2011.

GM Hammer
 GM, 155 posts
Wed 9 Feb 2011
at 19:41
Re: Arrival at Felucia
The two beings seemed not to realize that they had been spotted, remaining still.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 39 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 16 Feb 2011
at 10:31
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n drew his lightsaber, ignited it, and moved 3 squares to the right, and one forward.
GM Hammer
 GM, 156 posts
Wed 16 Feb 2011
at 19:51
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Suddenly, another being (F3) stood up on one of the islands behind you, and reached his arm out towards Urb'n.  Both Urb'n and Talamon could feel the weak use of the Force in the action but nothing happened.  Now that one of them was standing up, you could see that they were tall, muscular bipedal beings.  In their hands, they held the long, slender form of a rancor's jawbone.  Their bodies were barely covered by a leafy loincloth.  A tangle of tendrils around their faces made it impossible to see their eyes.

The being that Urb'n had moved towards (F2), stood up as well, realizing that he had been discovered.  He started to close in on Urb'n.

Connus drew his heavy blaster pistol and shot the being who had tried to attack Urb'n.  He hit him in the chest, and the being went down hard.

Another being (F4) popped up on the other island behind you and reached out his arm towards Connus.  Again, nothing happened.

Talamon quickly drew his lightsaber and moved gracefully through the water (he succeeded on his Acrobatics check to move at normal speed through difficult terrain) towards the being who had tried to attack Connus.

(NOTE: Sorry I forgot to tell you, but the water is difficult terrain, so 2x movement cost.  We won't worry about it for Urb'n's movement, because it was only off by 1 sq.)
Jack Shepherd
 player, 101 posts
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 04:18
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Jack stood his ground, pulled out his blaster rifle and fired at one of the beings (F1).

OOC Sorry for the delay guys, crazy days at the Hammerquist home.
GM Hammer
 GM, 157 posts
Tue 1 Mar 2011
at 18:43
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Jack found it difficult to hit the being, as he was still lying prone: Jack's shot went well over the being's head.

The being at which Jack shot, finally arose, and started moving towards Jack, raising his skullblade as he came.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 40 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 2 Mar 2011
at 19:28
Re: Arrival at Felucia
Urb'n rolled a 17 for his K(life sciences) check.