Imperial Prison Facility.   Posted by GM Hammer.Group: 0
GM Hammer
 GM, 222 posts
Fri 2 May 2014
at 20:07
Imperial Prison Facility
Early the next morning, a young Felucian scout showed up to guide you to the prison facility.  As you waded through the jungle, he helped you to avoid obstacles, like the insect swarms and sinkholes you had run into before, as well as rancors that you only ever heard from the distance.  Your guide didn't say much on the way, especially since Vazus wasn't there to translate, leading you to the facility with solemn determination.

The journey didn't take long, and soon you were peaking through the foliage at a squat, two-story building in characteristic Imperial style: gray walls with a slight outward slant, no visible windows, and a plain visage that left no room for accoutrements.  The second story was visibly smaller than the ground floor, and blinking lights lined the top floor's edges.  Crowning the roof was the anti-aircraft gun turret that had been the reason you couldn't just fly straight in.  A large set of blast doors denoted the ground floor entry to the building, with stormtroopers standing by.  A single gun turret jutted out a few meters to the door's left.  You could also hear the low hum of speeder engines, indicating that there might be scout troopers on patrol nearby.

OOC: Make Perception checks to see if you notice anything else.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:29, Fri 02 May 2014.

Jack Shepherd
 player, 131 posts
Sun 4 May 2014
at 00:20
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
Jack turned his attentions to trying to spot (or hear) anything else.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 85 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 7 May 2014
at 00:16
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
Urb'n feels in tune with the Force as he makes his way forward.  (Rolled a 21 Perception check.)
GM Hammer
 GM, 223 posts
Wed 7 May 2014
at 15:09
Re: Imperial Prison Facility


"Do you guys hear that?" Talamon asked.

"What? The speeder bikes?" Connus wondered.

"No, it's something else," Talamon corrected.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 86 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 7 May 2014
at 16:54
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
"Sounds like a walker."
GM Hammer
 GM, 224 posts
Wed 7 May 2014
at 20:03
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
Your Felucian scout started tugging on Connus' sleeve and pointing to an area of the jungle that would take you around to the back of the facility.  As you all followed, he soon led you to the northwest corner of the building.  He pointed at the wall of the facility, and you could all see that just within reach (height-wise) was a ventilation grate that was barely hanging on its bolts.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 87 posts
 ex-Jedi
Wed 7 May 2014
at 23:25
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
"We should hide or move before we are spotted," continues Urb'n.  Glancing at the opening, he states, "Perhaps we can enter the facility through there.  That will get us out of sight and further toward the objective."
GM Hammer
 GM, 225 posts
Thu 8 May 2014
at 15:10
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
"And how are we going to remove that grate?" Connus asked.  "I don't know about you, but I didn't exactly pack a tool kit."
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 88 posts
 ex-Jedi
Fri 9 May 2014
at 00:38
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
"The grate seems to be loose.  One of us could try pulling on it or I could use my lightsaber."
Jack Shepherd
 player, 132 posts
Fri 9 May 2014
at 05:49
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
"The lightsaber might attract attention," Jack pointed out.
GM Hammer
 GM, 226 posts
Mon 12 May 2014
at 15:15
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
"Well then let's go give it a good yank," Connus agreed.  "Jack, I think you're the strongest.  Why don't we lift you up and you can pull on it?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:20, Mon 12 May 2014.

Jack Shepherd
 player, 133 posts
Thu 15 May 2014
at 21:02
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
Jack pulled as hard as he could.
GM Hammer
 GM, 227 posts
Fri 16 May 2014
at 00:17
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
The grate nearly came loose with one pull.  One more good tug should do it.
Jack Shepherd
 player, 134 posts
Fri 16 May 2014
at 06:17
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
A bit weaker than his first pull, Jack tried again.
GM Hammer
 GM, 228 posts
Fri 16 May 2014
at 16:17
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
With a rasping scrape the grate came off, allowing you access to the facility.  As you all got ready to climb in, your Felucian guide made motions that indicated that he was going to stay outside and stand watch.

OOC: Any reactions to this?
Jack Shepherd
 player, 135 posts
Fri 16 May 2014
at 21:10
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
"Did we wanna leave anyone else here?" Jack asked the rest of the team.
GM Hammer
 GM, 229 posts
Fri 16 May 2014
at 22:38
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
"I'm going in," Talamon said.  "Maybe we can find something that could help those Felucian children."

Connus rolled his eyes before adding "I want to make sure I get my full share of the payment for this job.  I'm definitely in."
Jack Shepherd
 player, 136 posts
Sat 17 May 2014
at 19:50
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
Jack felt conflicted.  The Felucian might need help but he also looked like a plant which would making hiding a lot easier than if two people were there.

"Do you need anyone to stay here with you, friend?" Jack asked the Felucian.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:51, Sat 17 May 2014.

GM Hammer
 GM, 230 posts
Mon 19 May 2014
at 15:04
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
The Felucian shook his head and then thumped his chest, indicating he could handle himself.
Urb'n'ploon
 player, 89 posts
 ex-Jedi
Thu 22 May 2014
at 16:01
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
Urb'n trusted in the Felucian to know his own limits.  "Besides, by himself he'll draw less attention."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:02, Thu 22 May 2014.

GM Hammer
 GM, 232 posts
Fri 23 May 2014
at 22:38
Re: Imperial Prison Facility
With that settled your Felucian guide took up a hiding position with a good view of the surrounding area and the shaft.

As you climbed into the shaft behind the grate, it was a tight fit for each of you, except for Talamon.  Fortunately the shaft was short and the four of you soon found yourselves in the northwest corner of the Imperial facility.  The inside was just as Imperially cold and grey metal as the outside.  You saw that you were at the corner of two hallways, one that headed south and one that headed east (OOC: see the game map).

OOC: Which way do you head?