Schaffenfest- Festival Court and Stocks.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 286 posts
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 02:43
Re: Schaffenfest- Festival Court and Stocks
The guards lead the group of volunteer sewer spelunkers to the tent that houses the festival court. Inside, a keen eyed man in his 50s sits on a chair atop a platform with his chin resting in the palm of a hand which bears a gold signet ring. He wears the robes and powdered wig of a lawyer and a gilded staff of office rests against one arm of the chair. A few wisps of gray hair poke out from underneath the wig and his once well built frame appears to have been spoiled by years of good living.
Councillor Heinz Richter
 NPC, 1 post
 Magistrate
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 03:22
Re: Schaffenfest- Festival Court and Stocks
The magistrate listens with interest to the tale of the escaped goblin as told by Doctor Malthusius, the guardsmen and a few townspeople who were also summoned as witnesses. Malthusius does his best to downplay his role in the goblin's escape and the danger it poses to Bogenhafen while playing up the fact that he has offered a sizable reward to reclaim the goblin and that volunteers for an expedition have already been found. The outraged townspeople paint the Doctor's escaped freak as a threat that will surely have the town in flames by month's end. It is clear that they are still out for blood.

When he has heard enough the councillor holds up his palm for silence before speaking. "While the escaped goblin in our sewer system is indeed a threat to the safety of our citizens, Doctor Malthusius does not deserve to bear the entire blame. The town council was aware of what his show entailed and we approved and even invited him to our festival.

"The possibility of goblin's in our sewers is a serious threat but given the fact that the Doctor has already taken steps to rectify his mistake we shall reserve judgement until the success or failure of the retrieval team is known."


The magistrate then turns to the band of volunteers and continues. "To show our support of the seriousness of this threat the town is also willing to offer 30 crowns for the removal of the goblin from our sewers, dead or alive, in hopes that you not stay your hand should the goblin evade attempts at capture. We can also offer accomodations at 'The Journey's End' inn at the town's expense- though you will be expected to begin your search immediately. Have we an agreement?"

This message was last edited by the player at 04:03, Thu 03 June 2010.

Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 169 posts
 Human Noble
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 04:05
Re: Schaffenfest- Festival Court and Stocks
Ulrich arrives back still pulling on his clothes as the Magistrate begins his speech. The young noble looks at his comrades and nods showing his approval.

"Magistrate, my companions and I would be glad to take up the the doctor's and your offers and rid this city of this renagade greeskin." Ulrich was strapping on his sword belt even as they spoke.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:12, Thu 03 June 2010.

Councillor Heinz Richter
 NPC, 2 posts
 Magistrate
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 04:31
Re: Schaffenfest- Festival Court and Stocks
"Very good," the magistrate says with an approving nod.

"I can send a servant to see that any luggage you may have is installed at the inn. If there is nothing else, this case is adjourned pending further developments. The guards will show you to a manhole from which you may begin your search." The magistrate says before rapping his staff against the wood of his platform with a certain finality.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:31, Thu 03 June 2010.

GM
 GM, 287 posts
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 19:27
Re: Schaffenfest- Festival Court and Stocks
With no futher business brought forth, the guard shrugs his shoulders and says, "Well c'mon then," as he waves for the volunteers to follow him to the nearest manhole.

ooc: Continued in new thread. Into the sewers. Thus concludes scene 1. Check the OOC game related thread for XP.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 170 posts
 Human Noble
Thu 3 Jun 2010
at 19:56
Re: Schaffenfest- Festival Court and Stocks
Ulrich offers a slight bow to the magistrate. He then looks at the others, hoping they are all prepared for what awaits them.

"Lead on Sergent." Ulrich says to the guardsman.
GM
 GM, 357 posts
Sat 26 Jun 2010
at 03:34
Re: Schaffenfest- Festival Court and Stocks
Day 2

Despite the early hour, the court is already in full session. Councillor Richter sits on his chair atop the raised dais listening intently to a pair of laborers argue while a trio of watchmen who seem to have the men in custody occasionally interjects a point or two.

Outside of the tent, the two halberd weilding guards block the entrance. A tall, thin woman with a severe overbite and a receding chin comes out to meet anyone who approaches and says in a lisping voice followed up by her sucking up her own saliva, "May I ask your business?" The ink stains on her clothing give her the appearance of a clerk.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:32, Sat 26 June 2010.

Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 218 posts
 Human Noble
Sat 26 Jun 2010
at 13:26
Re: Schaffenfest- Festival Court and Stocks
"Having completed our task we are here to offer a report of events." The young noble said.
GM
 GM, 360 posts
Sun 27 Jun 2010
at 07:57
Re: Schaffenfest- Festival Court and Stocks
The clerk gives Ulrich a quizzical look like she has no idea what he's talking about but after a moment she ventures a guess. "Are you the sewer people then? The magistrate said you might be coming by. He's hearing a case right now so you'll have to wait for the moment."
GM
 GM, 361 posts
Sun 27 Jun 2010
at 08:05
Re: Schaffenfest- Festival Court and Stocks
After 15 minutes the sound of Councillor Richter's voice speaking in an official tone can be heard, followed by the sound of his staff banging against the wooden platform. This is shortly followed by one of the laborers being roughly dragged out of the tent and manhandled into the stocks before having a wooden placcard hung around his neck that says 'Insolent'. The second laborer gets only slightly better treatment as another pair of watchmen eject him from the tent and shove him to the ground. One of the men gives him a sharp kick to the backside as the man climbs to his feet and goes scurrying away. The second watchman shouts to him, "And if we see you back at the faire today, you'll find yourself in the stocks as well!"

The clerk then gives the group of assembled travelers a forced smile that displays her malformed mouth and says, "The councillor will see you now."
Councillor Heinz Richter
 NPC, 3 posts
 Magistrate
Sun 27 Jun 2010
at 08:27
Re: Schaffenfest- Festival Court and Stocks
The councillor has an irritated look on his face leftover from the last case when the travelers enter his tent. When he sees them he gives a sigh and a tight smile.

With a concilliatory gesture he says, "Ah, I suspected I might see you back here today. Before you say anything let me just express that I'm terribly sorry to have wasted your time with that whole sewer expedition. It seems that the whole dreadful mess managed to work itself out. I was informed an hour after you left that the missing goblin was crushed by some falling crates in a warehouse over on the Ostendamm. Ultimately, the town was all worked up over nothing really."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:55, Sun 27 June 2010.

Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 219 posts
 Human Noble
Sun 27 Jun 2010
at 18:48
Re: Schaffen Fest- Festival Court and Stocks
"That is interesting. Then someone must have found the wrong three legged goblin. We discovered the goblin's body as well, but we found it exploring the sewers. We have returned with it for the reward who offered fifty crowns for it's return."

"Did the other party return any evidence of the dead goblin? Perhaps there was only of the two legged variety or perhaps a convenient way to explain a workplace accident."


The young noble motions at the others to display the recovered goblin's corpse.
Councillor Heinz Richter
 NPC, 4 posts
 Magistrate
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 01:48
Re: Schaffen Fest- Festival Court and Stocks
Addressing Ulrich's concerns in order, the councillor says, "The town offered 30 crowns for the capture or killing of the goblin. The 50 crowns offered by Doctor Malthusius was a private offer, between you and him, but my understanding was that he needed his goblin back alive.

"Regardless, I find the likelihood of their being two three legged goblins in town to be...unlikely,"
he says with obvious skepticism. "As for the body, I have no idea what was done with it. Probably disposed of or returned to the sideshow. To be honest, I had no need or desire to see it since nobody was trying to claim any reward for it."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:48, Mon 28 June 2010.

Connor Dugan
 player, 243 posts
 Human Vagabond
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 02:14
Re: Schaffen Fest- Festival Court and Stocks
Connor whispers to Ulrich, "I think we should tell him about the Daemon. Hell I think we should make a scene of it."
Otto Kliest
 player, 131 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 14:33
Re: Schaffen Fest- Festival Court and Stocks
" I have no wanting of being in the stocks... thank you very much, I think making a spectacle is a bad idea, and will draw unwanted attention...  we should check a few things out further and get more proof...  then make a spectcle..."  Otto says in hushed tones.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 162 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 23:10
Re: Schaffen Fest- Festival Court and Stocks
Svlad already blew one deal by opening his big mouth...well rather he gave up unwanted information.  He promised himself not to do that again anytime soon so leaves the talking to the other more chatty types.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:20, Tue 29 June 2010.

Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 220 posts
 Human Noble
Mon 28 Jun 2010
at 23:44
Re: Schaffen Fest- Festival Court and Stocks
"Odd that they would not even seek such a large reward. In any case Doctor Malthusius' offer was for the creature's return, he did not specify the condition. Perhaps my companions and I should seek him out." Ulrich said.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:04, Tue 29 June 2010.

Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 222 posts
 Human Noble
Tue 29 Jun 2010
at 02:44
Re: Schaffen Fest- Festival Court and Stocks
"As you can see we have the body of the three legged goblin." Ulrich says as the others display the corpse. Guess we will bring it to Doctor Maltusous.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 164 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Tue 29 Jun 2010
at 10:41
Re: Schaffen Fest- Festival Court and Stocks
Svlad opens up his pack and shows the remains they recovered.
Councillor Heinz Richter
 NPC, 5 posts
 Magistrate
Tue 29 Jun 2010
at 10:55
Re: Schaffen Fest- Festival Court and Stocks
The councillor gives the well chewed bones a glance but his skepticism doesn't seem to fade much. "I don't know what you have there, but it looks like you just found the bones of something that was eaten by sewer rats. Unless you're trying to claim that you chewed the goblin to death, I'm not sure how you think this proves anything."

But when the three socketed pelvis is waved in front of his face his demeanor changes a bit. "Hmmm, well that's interesting isn't it," he says, with a quizzical look. "This certainly LOOKS like it must have come from the mutated goblin."

The councillor leans forward to inspect the misshaped bone but is reluctant to actually touch the filthy thing with his own hands. "Yes, this is curious... where did you say you got this from?"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 223 posts
 Human Noble
Tue 29 Jun 2010
at 15:03
Re: Schaffen Fest- Festival Court and Stocks
"From within the sewers, there are lots of odd things down there."

"We will have to take it to the doctor for our reward."
Ulrich said
Councillor Heinz Richter
 NPC, 6 posts
 Magistrate
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 00:55
Re: Schaffen Fest- Festival Court and Stocks
"Very well," the councillor says while still staring at the pelvis with a puzzled expression. "Even if this bone does belong to the goblin in question I'm afraid I'm no longer authorized to issue the reward. As far as City Hall is concerned, this whole case is closed."
Connor Dugan
 player, 246 posts
 Human Vagabond
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 00:58
Re: Schaffen Fest- Festival Court and Stocks
"I don't think the good doctor was going to pay for it dead." Connor says as they start walking out of the courts. "And why do you think the council would close a case without proof?"
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 115 posts
 Human Bailiff
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 01:28
Re: Schaffen Fest- Festival Court and Stocks
"This whole things reeks of a cover up," Randulf says, his eyes narrowing.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 165 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Wed 30 Jun 2010
at 10:42
Re: Schaffen Fest- Festival Court and Stocks
Svlad is also suspicious and agrees that the freakshow might be a good place to check out.