Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Connor Dugan
 player, 277 posts
 Human Vagabond
Fri 30 Jul 2010
at 12:01
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"He will leave his house at night to go wherever he goes to do his business." Connor says to the noble.
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 130 posts
 Human Bailiff
Fri 30 Jul 2010
at 12:04
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"Remember where we found the beast?" he asked "There must be a way down to the sewers from either or both of the locations. We should try to find the place again. As soon as they hear that we found the real goblin and they notice that someone has disturbed hiding place they will come after us"
Otto Kliest
 player, 154 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Fri 30 Jul 2010
at 13:01
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"that was my suggestion... going back down to the seweres and mapping where that room was in location to whats above it in the city.."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 236 posts
 Human Noble
Fri 30 Jul 2010
at 15:12
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
Ulrich does not look happy when the sewer comes up again "Ill stay above ground this time."
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 127 posts
 Halfling Agitator
Sat 31 Jul 2010
at 21:32
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"Bad idea goin' down the sewers. We only found that place by fluke last time, an' then we got lost tryin' to find our way back."
Connor Dugan
 player, 278 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sun 1 Aug 2010
at 15:11
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"What ever we do lets get it done, we are burning day light." Connor says looking impatient.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 194 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Sun 1 Aug 2010
at 15:33
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"I'll go with someone and watch the offices.  Maybe the sewers can wait if we don't get any fish by watching the house and office....and I'm not too eager to set sail down there again."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 237 posts
 Human Noble
Mon 2 Aug 2010
at 00:25
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"Svlad and I will cover the office then. Maybe a third can join us?" he volunteers. "And what do we do about the handkerchief? It's a good way of opening a door to build a relationship with him.""
Otto Kliest
 player, 155 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Mon 2 Aug 2010
at 13:36
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
Conner and I move to watch the house.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 129 posts
 Halfling Agitator
Wed 4 Aug 2010
at 16:48
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
""I'll go with Ulrich and Svlad," Paulus offers. "I don't think findin' the 'anky will get us in good standin' with the man." It might tip 'im off that we're onto 'im.
GM
 GM, 520 posts
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 04:26
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
ooc: From the day 3 thread.

Connor returns to the familiar Journey's End Inn, finding it much the same as yesterday: Warm and inviting but bustling with mid-day activity from the influx of people in town for the Schaffenfest. Some of the patrons seem to be reveling pretty hard in an attempt to soak up every last drop of the festivities before the festival closes down and packs up this evening. A pleasantly plump young woman in a peasant's dress with flowers in her hair dances tipsily near the entrance and kisses Connor square on the mouth when he enters before dancing off again, laughing.
Connor Dugan
 player, 350 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 22:39
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
Connor tips back his hat and smiles, before jumping in and joining the dance. After about half an hour of enjoying the partying, he slides up to the bar and looks around for his pregnant lady friend.
GM
 GM, 524 posts
Thu 23 Sep 2010
at 04:12
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"Well look 'oo's back," a familiar female voice says from behind Connor. He turns to see the serving girl he spoke with yesterday standing nearby and somehow looking even more pregnant if that was possible.

"Did you get your handkerchief returned? Ooooh, was it the Baron's or Herr Steinhagers'?" she asks excitedly. "Did you get to meet any of their fancy ladies?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:59, Fri 24 Sept 2010.

Connor Dugan
 player, 352 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Sat 25 Sep 2010
at 00:32
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"They wouldn't let me in, thought I was a vagrant. They gave me ten shillings, though, so thats something." Connor dug around in his coin pouch and pulled out 5 silver and held it out," here is your part for helping me find him." He looked around the party at all the revelers. "Has anyone gotten too wild today?"
GM
 GM, 532 posts
Sat 25 Sep 2010
at 01:25
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"Not terribly surprised they wouldn't let you in. Them rich types don't like to be reminded that us regular folks exist," she says a bit ruefully before closing her eyes with a dreamy expression and addind, "Oh, but what I wouldn't give just to see the way they live for a day."

When Connor hands her the coins her eyes go wide. "Oh thank you!" she exclaims. "That's a whole week's pay right there," she says as she stuffs the coins away into the pocket of her smock.

"Nobody been too wild of late but after all that silver you layed on me you can go ahead and get as rowdy as y' like," she says with a playful nudge.
Connor Dugan
 player, 354 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Sun 26 Sep 2010
at 21:58
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"So, has the baby's father been taking care of you?" Connor asked the woman making small talk. After a bit of this he gets around to asking about the initials. "Do you know anyone in town with the initals of K.T.?"

OOC: I never deducted the cask cost...how much is that?

GM
 GM, 537 posts
Mon 27 Sep 2010
at 18:42
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"Hmmm, I'm sure that there are several people in town that matches those but none spring to mind. Why do you ask? Did ya find another fancy 'kerchief?" she asks.

ooc: Let's say a portable sized cask of small beer is 1 shilling.
Connor Dugan
 player, 355 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Mon 27 Sep 2010
at 21:59
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"Something like that, none of those Teugens have the first name with a K?" Connor asked her.
GM
 GM, 539 posts
Tue 28 Sep 2010
at 06:37
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"Oh, I assumed you were looking for somebody living," the barmaid says. "There was Karl Teugen who I told you about yesterday, but 'e's been dead for two years now. Left the door open for Johannes to take over the family business and really turn the family's fortune around."

ooc: See message 22 of this thread for where she talks about the Teugens.
Connor Dugan
 player, 356 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Tue 28 Sep 2010
at 12:37
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"Sorry about that, it slipped my mind, I've had a busy few days. You ever here the name Ulthar? I heard he lives here in town but I'm not sure who he is." Connor watching the crowd.
GM
 GM, 540 posts
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 02:23
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"I know an Ulthar Kalbfleish. He's a butcher 'ere in town. Then there's Ulthar the fat. He's a cobbler. I'll bet you're talking about Ulthar the Unstable though if you're asking about Karl Teugen. Ulthar and Karl used to be regular customers here. Best friends they were, but poor Ulthar took Karl's death very hard," the barmaid says sadly. "Lost 'is mind 'e did. Hasn't been the same since." She pauses to shake her head slowly before adding. "Last I heard, he was squatting in some hovel in The Pit and rambling about the end of the world to anyone who would listen."

The conversation is interrupted then by the arrival of another. It's Adelbert Fenster, the Steinhager servant you met last night. "Oh good, I'm glad I found you," he says, pulling Connor aside to speak conspiratorially with him. "You said you'd have another crown for me if I kept my eyes open for anything strange. Well another one of those letters with the creepy symbol arrived today from councillor Teugen. It sounds like they're planning some sorta secret meeting."

Adelbert glances around nervously and then hands Connor a sheet of paper (which he unfortunately cannot read) but he recognizes the symbol on the bottom as being the same symbol drawn on the floor of the sewer temple. "Here, take a look for yourself," Adelbert says.

ooc: I'm posting it in the documents thread for when Connor finds somebody who can read it to him. The barmaid knows her letters but cannot actually read.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:24, Wed 29 Sept 2010.

Connor Dugan
 player, 357 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 12:07
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
Connor stares at the page, trying to understand the squiggles. "If this sounds ominous we might have to take action. Thank you for this, if everything comes to light, I will assure you that your name will remain clear. Do you know anything about Karl Teugens death? Or Ulthar the Unstable?"
GM
 GM, 545 posts
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 18:48
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
"Karl's death was big news at the Steinhager estate. They say he got the purple brain fever and by the time he died his eyes were bulgin' from his head and his tongue was so swollen and black that he couldn't breathe," Adelbert says with a shudder then pauses to make the sign of the hammer as a superstitious ward against a similar fate.

"We thought Karl's death would be the end of the Teugen dynasty and that their markets would be ripe for the taking. But as it turns out, Karl's death was the best thing that could have happened to the Teugens. Johannes had a much better sense for business and he set the family back on the path to prosperity. Poor Karl had always been too kind of a soul to be very successful in the cut-throat merchant world."

"As for Ulthar, I assume you're speaking of that lunatic doomsayer who's always preaching on the street corner. I'm afraid I don't know much about him other than the fact that he had at one time been friends with Karl Teugen."

Adelbert begins to fidget nervously and look around. "I really should be getting back. I don't want anyone to know I'm helping you. So if you've got that crown I'd like to be going."
Connor Dugan
 player, 358 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Thu 30 Sep 2010
at 00:21
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
When the man left, Connor bought the cask for Randulf, then head back to the boat.


OOC: Shilling deducted for cost.
GM
 GM, 549 posts
Thu 30 Sep 2010
at 07:14
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Hitting the Taverns
ooc: Don't forget the crown you promised to the servant if he brought you any more info. Connor won't have any encounters on the way so you can join the others back at the boat in the day 3 thread.