Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Steinhager Offices.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 602 posts
Fri 29 Oct 2010
at 18:40
Re: The Steinhager Offices
As Connor moves about the room he bumps into a low foot stool that was hiding in the darkness. It makes a rubbing sound as it slides against the wooden floor that sounds impossibly loud to Connor in the confines of the darkened room and sets his heart to pounding. But if the frozen Connor expected to set off a furious crescendo of barks, the sound doesn't come and after a few breathless seconds he is finally able to relax.

Connor's search of the office is hampered by the darkness. By feeling around he locates a few items of potential value: a painting, a tapestry, and a small, foot tall, statue of some sort on a pedestal.

On the desk there are a few papers and a ledger. The drawers contain a few quills, a couple of jars of ink, a small knife, and a book.

12:30, Today: GM, on behalf of Connor Dugan, rolled 44 using 1d100 with rolls of 44. Search.
Otto Kliest
 player, 217 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Fri 29 Oct 2010
at 20:10
Re: The Steinhager Offices
OOC:  Dont thik I will try and climb...  its  a bad roll.

Otto will stick to the shadows and try and keep a look out.
Connor Dugan
 player, 380 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 29 Oct 2010
at 20:54
Re: The Steinhager Offices
OOC: Is that a door to the south west corner?

Connor goes to the window and tries to open it silently.
GM
 GM, 603 posts
Sat 30 Oct 2010
at 05:39
Re: The Steinhager Offices
ooc: No, that's an extra big window in the corner by Otto. The only exterior doors are the front gate and the backdoor to the room above Connor.

Connor fumbles around at the window until he locates the latch. It slides open with a click and the shutters open without a whisper. The extra moonlight streaming in is a nice boon, making it much easier to see now.
Connor Dugan
 player, 381 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Sat 30 Oct 2010
at 14:08
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor leans out the window and looks for Otto. "I need to know which office is Steinhager's. Any clue? We might need more food." He whispers.
Otto Kliest
 player, 218 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Sat 30 Oct 2010
at 19:55
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Hmm the more I go back and forth to get food better chance the watch has to spot us..."OOC:  Does Ein mind well enough that I could get him to distract the large dog?
GM
 GM, 606 posts
Sun 31 Oct 2010
at 06:28
Re: The Steinhager Offices
ooc: I can't answer that unless I know how you want him to distract the guard dog.
Otto Kliest
 player, 219 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Sun 31 Oct 2010
at 13:01
Re: The Steinhager Offices
GM:
ooc: I can't answer that unless I know how you want him to distract the guard dog.



Pretty much have him run on the oppisite side of the compound and bark to draw the large dogs attention there....
GM
 GM, 607 posts
Mon 1 Nov 2010
at 11:06
Re: The Steinhager Offices
ooc: He probably wouldn't understand a command to run to the opposite side of the building and start barking. However, you could take him over there, command him to bark and then let his natural viciousness take over when the other dog barks back. Just be warned that a lot of barking might attract the attention of more than just the guard dog.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:25, Tue 02 Nov 2010.

GM
 GM, 612 posts
Tue 2 Nov 2010
at 12:26
Re: The Steinhager Offices
ooc: Also, I want to make sure that Connor's aware that there is a door in the office leading to another room (so a distraction isn't the only option). I didn't mention it in the description because it's on the map, but it's pretty small so it could have easily been missed.
Connor Dugan
 player, 383 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Tue 2 Nov 2010
at 14:52
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor moves to the door in the corner of the room and slowly opens it.

OOC: That was the door I was asking about.
Otto Kliest
 player, 220 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Tue 2 Nov 2010
at 15:20
Re: The Steinhager Offices
OOC: Ah well screw the distraction...

Otto will climb throught the window  that Otto opened and tell Ein to guard.
GM
 GM, 613 posts
Tue 2 Nov 2010
at 19:29
Re: The Steinhager Offices
ooc: My bad. I thought you had been asking about the large window in the corner of the building near where Otto was shown on the map.

Ein whimpers a bit as Otto leaves him behind in the alley and climbs into the Steinhager building. Together, Connor and Otto go through the door and down a narrow hallway to another door that opens into another near pitch black office. An outline of moonlight shines in around the shutters of an exceptionally large window. In front of that is a high backed chair and a large sturdy looking desk. Pieces of furniture and art dot the room but it is impossible to make out their details in the darkness.


Connor Dugan
 player, 384 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Wed 3 Nov 2010
at 19:15
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor moves to the window to try and open it as little as possible to let in some light.
GM
 GM, 615 posts
Wed 3 Nov 2010
at 21:00
Re: The Steinhager Offices
With the window cracked and the moonlight spilling in it is much easier to see. Luckily (or unluckily if you're superstitious) Morrslieb is very full tonight and is putting out a lot of light.

The office in which Connor and Otto stand is a bit larger than the previous office and the furnishings are a bit nicer. The desk is large, sturdy, and elaborately carved from a heavy looking black wood. The high backed chair behind it is apholstered with crimson fabric. The floor is covered with a large soft rug adorned with strange and foreign looking swirled designs. A few more chairs, a couch and a bench dot the room for visitors to sit upon while discussing business. The notable pieces of art in the room are the large painting of a town (presumably Bogenhafen) hanging along one wall and a pair of marble busts that bear a resemblance to the stylized face of Steinhager himself looking strong and powerful.
Otto Kliest
 player, 221 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 15:25
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Using what moonlight  we can look  through any papers  and see if we can find the symbol... casue thats all i know to look for...
Connor Dugan
 player, 385 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 16:15
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor starts by checking behind the paintings for any hidden nooks, then moves to the drawers in the desk, glancing at the pages, but mostly looking for hidden areas.
GM
 GM, 619 posts
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 18:20
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The painting slides away from the wall like a door as Connor pivots on a hidden hinge. Behind the painting is a sturdy metal door festooned with locks. It has the look of a vault.

The desk is filled with more ledgers and papers that neither Connor nor Otto can read. In the bottom drawer however, Otto finds several pieces of parchment bearing the goat-headed pentagram symbol of the Ordo Septenarius. Five of the sheets are blank but one is covered in writing.

While searching the top drawer for hidden compartments, Connor discovers a leather bound book that had been placed behind the drawer.
Otto Kliest
 player, 222 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 19:47
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Otto whispers "Good enough for me lets go..."
Connor Dugan
 player, 386 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Sat 6 Nov 2010
at 15:19
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor scoops up what he can carry, making sure he has the book, and moves to the window. "Are you ready?"
Otto Kliest
 player, 223 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Tue 9 Nov 2010
at 03:23
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Yeah, let's get out of here before somebody notices us," Otto says as he slips back through the open window and into the alley.
Otto Kliest
 player, 225 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Tue 9 Nov 2010
at 13:56
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Otto will sneak back out the window  and head back to the inn.
GM
 GM, 624 posts
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 07:31
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The inn? From an IC standpoint I don't see how this makes any sense. You've never stayed at the Blue Cat, nobody has, and Otto would have no reason to suspect that his companions would be there, would he? Or am I fogetting something?
Connor Dugan
 player, 387 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 12:20
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor heads back to the boat, and begins to flip through the book, and papers he found.
Otto Kliest
 player, 226 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 13:38
Re: The Steinhager Offices
GM:
The inn? From an IC standpoint I don't see how this makes any sense. You've never stayed at the Blue Cat, nobody has, and Otto would have no reason to suspect that his companions would be there, would he? Or am I fogetting something?


I apologize I ment where we were staying in general so the boat...