Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Steinhager Offices.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 406 posts
Tue 3 Aug 2010
at 03:30
The Steinhager Offices
A map of the outside of the Steinhager Offices


ooc: There are only two entrances. A set of doors in the north and a set of doors in the south. The rest are windows.

The Steinhager offices are on the north side of Kaufman Strasse, and a little to the west of Handels Weg making it less than a hundred yards from the edge of the Adel ring. The structure itself is an imposing single story building with the family's badge, a barrel with the letter 'S' branded on it, hanging above the front  (Kaufmanstrasse) entrance.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:37, Sat 09 Oct 2010.

Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 238 posts
 Human Noble
Wed 4 Aug 2010
at 02:43
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Ill take the southwest corner near the trees, you should take the northwestern. This way we can see each other in case it gets ugly. Keep in the shadows. I have a plan to talk to this fellow. If i cough, come out." Ulrich instructs before he moves to take a position under the trees and in hiding.
GM
 GM, 413 posts
Wed 4 Aug 2010
at 06:07
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Close to an hour slips by as Svlad and Ulrich watch the Steinhager offices. At one point a merchant enters through the front doors after knocking and speaking with a doorkeeper and a little after that a teenaged boy, in all likelihood a page or messenger, leaves the same way. So far nothing appears to be out of the ordinary.

You don't have a physical description of Franz Steinhager so you can't be certain that the merchant who entered wasn't him, but the merchant seemed to be too young to fit the description of 'the old man' that he was called back at the warehouse.

ooc: Ulrich will have to decide between standing in front of the trees amidst the bushes in order to be in position to have line of sight to Svlad or sacrificing LOS and being a little further back behind the trees. It won't be possible to hide from all of the people using the street but ducking down behind the bushes or hanging out behind the trees would conceal him from being viewed from the building (but might look a little suspicious to people walking on the street).

Feel free to keep waiting, I'm not trying to nudge you to change course. I just wanted to give you a post to keep you in the same time frame as the people watching the Adel ring who are having an encounter with the watch.

Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 130 posts
 Halfling Agitator
Wed 4 Aug 2010
at 16:50
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Paulus waits in the trees with Svlad, leaving Ulrich on his own to carry out his plan of talking to Steinhager.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 195 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 01:22
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Svlad leans against a tree and lounges with the office in sight.  He keeps his eyes open for a carriage or buggy bearing the crest they are looking for.

"Paulus, do you know what the old man looks like?  We might need to ask someone at this rate."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 239 posts
 Human Noble
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 07:16
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Ulrich ponders the situation as the hour goes by. "Wonder what he looks like. He is a famous merchant, he should be recognizable. Bodyguards and stuff maybe?" he thinks to himself.

After an additional 30 minutes wait he casually walks up to the others and talks with them "Any ideas? Stay here?" he asks them in a tone that signals he is bored.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 196 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Thu 5 Aug 2010
at 15:05
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Hey Ulrich, why don't you go ask someone for a description of the guy.  Not too close to hear mind you.  For all we know he will come on foot and we might miss 'em."  Svlad casually leans on the tree and tries not to look too interested in what is happening around him.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 240 posts
 Human Noble
Fri 6 Aug 2010
at 06:53
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Ulrich eyes Svlad with a certain disdain as the seaman barks at him. Knowing they are on a mission he lets it slide this time.

"Ill go check and ask around for him." he says as he begins to leave "Discreetly of course"

He then begins to walk around the building looking for any merchants that may be around.
GM
 GM, 420 posts
Fri 6 Aug 2010
at 18:05
Re: The Steinhager Offices
A corpulent merchant festooned with jewelry waddles towards the office. His clean shaven face has a look of disdain on it and he wears a close fitting brimless hat, a thick doublet and hose that strains to contain his fat legs. A scruffy faced man with one eye, wearing a brigandine jack follows alongside him as a bodyguard.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 198 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Fri 6 Aug 2010
at 19:45
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Seeing the man approaching Svlad tries to look uninterested and leans against a tree chewing on an apple, but does risk a glance or two on the off chance he can see anything interesting like a crest or seal that might indicate that's their man.

16:28, Today: Svlad Sejelli rolled 38 using 1d100 with rolls of 38. (34)perception.
GM
 GM, 423 posts
Fri 6 Aug 2010
at 20:04
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The merchant approaching the office looks much like any of the other merchants that seem to be so common in this town. Svlad doesn't see any particular crest and the use of bodyguards seems to be pretty commonplace among the upper middle class.

What Svlad does see on the other hand, is that two more bodyguards are coming up the street followed by Connor and Otto at a bit of a distance.

The merchant and his bodyguard go to the front doors but are turned away by the doorman. Ulrich overhears it said that the offices are closing for the night and the merchant will have to come back to conduct his business in the morning. With an annoyed look the merchant and his bodyguard depart back down the street.

The two bodyguards that Otto and Connor followed from the Adel Ring walk to the door and are promptly given entrance by the doorman.

ooc: The sun is setting. It's dusk now.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:05, Fri 06 Aug 2010.

Franz Steinhager
 NPC, 1 post
 Merchant
Fri 6 Aug 2010
at 21:37
Re: The Steinhager Offices
After a few minutes half a dozen merchants come filtering out of the building. Among them is a heavy-set man in the waning years of his middle age. He wears a short grey beard with a slight curl and he dresses in crimsons with a floppy feathered hat atop his head and a short fur mantled cape held together with a large clasp bearing the Steinhager symol of a barrel marked with a gothic letter 'S'. The three bodyguards from the Adel Ring are with him. Something tells you that this man is Franz Steinhager.

The merchants (about half of whom are accompanied by bodyguards) head off in different directions towards their homes. Franz Steinhager begins walking towards the Adel Ring in the company of two other merchant, one of whom has similar features. Perhaps this would be the brother that the crazy old man at 'The Dry Socket' mentioned. The three merchants seem to be having a conversation about market prices for luxury items brought down river from Marienburg.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 241 posts
 Human Noble
Sat 7 Aug 2010
at 14:28
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Ulrich spots the rich merchant and runs down a cross street and turns right and then through an alley. He continues out back on the main street in a walking pace and intercepts the 3 merchants.

"Herr Steinhager, let me introduce my self. I am Ulrich von Wolfenstein." he says and bows before the 3 merchants. Before any of them can even speak he continues "I have a business proposition for You that will be hard to decline. Can you lend me your ear and a few minutes for me to explain?"
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 131 posts
 Halfling Agitator
Sat 7 Aug 2010
at 19:13
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Paulus stands under the trees chatting with Svlad about nothing in particular, looking as casual as possible while he observes Ulrich, Conor and Otto.
Franz Steinhager
 NPC, 2 posts
 Merchant
Sun 8 Aug 2010
at 00:40
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Woah there. Stay back!" a bodyguard cautions as the visibly armed and armoured Ulrich approaches. The eyes of the other bodyguards narrow and their hands are at their weapons, forcing Ulrich to deliver his message from a bit further away or risk their ire.
"Herr Steinhager is a very busy man," a bodyguard adds.

But despite Ulrich's more militant appearance and the common clothing that he is currently wearing, his noble air still shines through and both Steinhager brothers look intrigued despite a skeptical narrowing of their eyes.

The younger brother seems to have taken note of Ulrich's accent and whispers something into the ear of Franz. Ulrich can't make out most of it but he does make out the words "Kislev," "Vodka," and "Lumber."

Franz nods his head before addressing Ulrich. "I don't conduct business in the street like a common peddler," the elder Steinhager says cautiously. "But come by the office in the morning and talk to my clerk."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:41, Sun 08 Aug 2010.

Imrak Ragnar
 player, 82 posts
 53/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Sun 8 Aug 2010
at 22:35
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Imrak seems a little disappointed.  As he walks through the street, mumbling to himself, he spots the others.  Seeing what is going on, he decides to stay back, until things move on...
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 199 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Sun 8 Aug 2010
at 23:27
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Svlad also holds in place and waits to see what unfolds....
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 242 posts
 Human Noble
Mon 9 Aug 2010
at 06:01
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Herr Stenhager, I did not expect someone of your league to conduct business in the street. The affairs are off rather urgent matter though, maybe we can adjoin to close by inn or similar. I can propose my idea and then tomorrow we can discuss the details?"
GM
 GM, 425 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2010
at 10:43
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Franz Steinhager looks impatient and rather stiffly says, "It will have to wait until morning. I'm a busy man," in an annoyed tone as he and his bodyguards brush past Ulrich with a dismissive wave.

Heinrich Steinhager lingers behind however. Perhaps out of curiosity he asks, "Well what was your proposal?" and slyly adds, "You'll have to forgive my brother. He can act the fool sometimes. But if there is money to be made then the Steinhager's are interested."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 243 posts
 Human Noble
Mon 9 Aug 2010
at 12:53
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Yes, of course Herr." Ulrich mutters softly as he moves out of the way of the bodyguards and Franz.
He watches the group walk on and turns to address the other brother as he approaches him.
"Do you have the time to sit and discuss? Its more of an..." he goes quiet for a little while pondering his words "investment in mercantile security." he finishes with a big grin on his face.
Otto Kliest
 player, 160 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Mon 9 Aug 2010
at 17:36
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Otto stands back and stays silent as  Ulirich speaks to the merchant.
GM
 GM, 426 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2010
at 20:06
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"What do you mean?" Heinrich asks, perplexed by Ulrich's cryptic words. "We're not looking for any guards right now if that's what you're after."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 244 posts
 Human Noble
Tue 10 Aug 2010
at 14:18
Re: The Steinhager Offices
No no.. its much more than that. Ulrich answers Heinrich. He then glances around before leaning in closer to Heinrich and speaking in a low voice.
 He watches Heinrich for a brief second and then continues whispering with great enthusiasm.

He leans away from Heinrich "So what say you?"
GM
 GM, 427 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 02:32
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Bloodshed is bad for business," Heinrich says, shaking his head. "Besides, I hear from the Baron's men that this black powder thing is just a passing phase."

"I'm afraid I must decline your offer. It just doesn't make good business sense right now, but good luck to you." Heinrich says with finality and begins to walk once more towards the Adel Ring.
Connor Dugan
 player, 286 posts
 Human Vagabond
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 11:52
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor before approaching the group. "If one of them is guilty of the demon summoning, they will be at the journey's end tonight. I told them to come ask for a Adolphus at that inn, and that I found the man's kerchief."
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 201 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 19:57
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Svlad forms up with the others once their marks are gone and discusses what to do next.  "So did the rest of you guys see anything at the house?  Is that where the old man came from?"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 245 posts
 Human Noble
Wed 11 Aug 2010
at 23:00
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"So are raiding beastmen." Ulrich replies to Heinrich as he departs. When he is out of sight and hearing he joins the others.

"Plan didnt work. So I was unable to get into the inner circle of the family. Any ideas?" Ulrich says to the others.
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 134 posts
 Human Bailiff
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 05:15
Re: The Steinhager Offices
When the merchants leave, Randulf approaches the group.

"I doubt he will come in person to the meeting, but it will get us closer. Who will be Adolphus"
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 132 posts
 Halfling Agitator
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 10:26
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Randulf Konigsamen:
"I doubt he will come in person to the meeting, but it will get us closer. Who will be Adolphus"


"That would be Conor, since e's the one came up with the plan. Besides, it wouldn't be 'is first time to impersonate somebody. But findin' out who's involved is only 'alf the battle. If we start attackin' merchants, we'll be criminals. And if we don't, who knows wot 'arm they could do."
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 83 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 12:27
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Once the group is together, and further away from listener, Imrak tells what he found out.  "Tis seems tat te drawf left the bar shortly after I'd.  The keep remembers em talking to a Servent of te Teugen Family.  Tis all eh could remember.  And couldn't find more."
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 202 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 12:38
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"So should we check out these Teugans as well?  There may be a connection.  Imrak, do you know anything about them?"
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 84 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 14:01
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Nah, just fund tis out.  And I couldn't get a betta description.  Ma'be he will be at te pub ton't"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 246 posts
 Human Noble
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 15:03
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"It will be noticed if start asking around about a wealthy merchant, that is for sure. Are we 100% sure it was Teugen that put the bounty out?"
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 85 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 15:06
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Bon'ty?  I sad eh was seen tak'n to em."
Otto Kliest
 player, 161 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 15:47
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Otto will head towards the Inn  with Conner "Bounty?  what bounty?"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 247 posts
 Human Noble
Thu 12 Aug 2010
at 18:31
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Wasnt Adolphus the bounty hunter? Do we know who hired him?"
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 135 posts
 Human Bailiff
Fri 13 Aug 2010
at 04:49
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Randulf scratched his beard "Adolphus letter was signed by QF what I recall..." he said while trying remember the anything of note of the letter "I need another look at Adolphus letter to confirm this" he said and waited for someone to give hims the letter amd quickly glanced through it"He was searching for a Magister of a secret society... Adolphus might have worked towards the same goal as we do now, but was targetting us because of "Kastor"" he said and turned to Connor
Connor Dugan
 player, 288 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sat 14 Aug 2010
at 23:08
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Well, I'm heading to the end...it would be nice to have some backup in case things go bad."
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 86 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Sun 15 Aug 2010
at 18:45
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Well, eh can elp yah."
Otto Kliest
 player, 162 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Sun 15 Aug 2010
at 23:14
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"I always got your back Conner... unless of course  theres a daemon... and i wet myself and cower in the corner..."

"Sorry  bout that by the way...
GM
 GM, 429 posts
Mon 16 Aug 2010
at 01:49
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor, Imrak, and Otto head back to The Jouney's End inn for what they hope will be a meeting with Franz Steinhager. After an hour and a half of waiting, a man dressed much like the servants seen earlier at the Steinhager mansion enters the inn. After asking around at the bar, the barkeep points over towards where Connor is seated.

The servant approaches Connor's table and says, "The barkeep tells me that you are Adolphus. Herr Steinhager sent me to meet you about a lost handkerchief."
Connor Dugan
 player, 289 posts
 Human Vagabond
Mon 16 Aug 2010
at 02:26
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Please," Connor says, kicking out the chair across from him at the table. "have a seat."
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 134 posts
 Halfling Agitator
Mon 16 Aug 2010
at 18:46
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Paulus follows along to the Journey's End, but enters separately from the others so they are not all seen coming in together. When he sees the servant approach Connor, he watches from the corner while sipping from a tankard of ale.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 248 posts
 Human Noble
Mon 16 Aug 2010
at 20:16
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Ulrich is one of the last of the group to enter the inn. He merely walks up to the bar and orders a stein of ale and drinks it in silence.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 204 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Mon 16 Aug 2010
at 22:53
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Svlad enters the bar, orders an ale, and sits by himself.  If he can't find a table by himself he'll sit with a stranger before resorting to sitting with anyone from their group.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 87 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Mon 16 Aug 2010
at 23:15
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Imrak will enter with Connor, and order an ale.... well at least one.  And wait for this servant.  Now that he has arrived, he will take up a position of .. body guard..
GM
 GM, 430 posts
Mon 16 Aug 2010
at 23:41
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The servant graciously takes the offered seat. "Do you have the handkerchief then?" he asks.
Connor Dugan
 player, 291 posts
 Human Vagabond
Tue 17 Aug 2010
at 00:51
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"I do...but it's not on me...for safekeeping." Connor said, staring hard at the man. "Does your master remember where he left if?"
GM
 GM, 431 posts
Tue 17 Aug 2010
at 00:57
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"I imagine not," the servant responds innocently. "Now if you'll be so kind as to fetch it then I have a gold crown for you from Herr Steinhager as a token of his thanks."
Connor Dugan
 player, 292 posts
 Human Vagabond
Tue 17 Aug 2010
at 01:20
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"You really don't know?" Connor asked staring at the servant
GM
 GM, 432 posts
Tue 17 Aug 2010
at 01:35
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Herr Steinhager just gave me instructions to come and retrieve it and told me to ask you where you found it," the servant says as he squirms uncomfortably in his seat. Despite his apparent discomfort at the hard stares he was getting, the servant seemed to be telling the truth. This man was no more than a flunky given minimal instructions and sent off on what he viewed as a trivial errand.

"So if I could just have the handkerchief and the location where you found it, I'd like to give you your crown and be on my way."
Connor Dugan
 player, 293 posts
 Human Vagabond
Tue 17 Aug 2010
at 13:03
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"let me get a drink while I think a bit." Connor says pushing up and walking to the bar. He explains to Ulrich what had transpired, without appearing to talk to him. "Do I tell him we found it by a demon?"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:02, Tue 17 Aug 2010.

Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 249 posts
 Human Noble
Tue 17 Aug 2010
at 16:23
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Ulrich drains his ale and while ordering another mumbles quietly and indiscreet to Connor "No, we cant accuse the Steinhagers straight up. The handkerchief only gives us the suspicion. we will have to find more evidence to back up the proof. did the servant offer you a reward? if so try to ask for more just to see how much they want it back."

He goes quiet as his ale arrives but he digs out a few pennies and hands them to the bartender.
Connor Dugan
 player, 294 posts
 Human Vagabond
Tue 17 Aug 2010
at 16:27
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor walks back to the table. "I'm going to need a few more than one gold, despite my appearance, I'm not a common peasant."
Otto Kliest
 player, 163 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Tue 17 Aug 2010
at 18:11
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Otto waits quietly drinking and ale while all of this transpires.
GM
 GM, 433 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 03:31
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The servant shakes his head in disbelief and stands up from the table. "These dealings are most strange. More than a gold crown for a simple handkerchief? Herr Steinhager could almost buy a new one for that price."

"Do you even really have the handkerchief?" the servant asks suspiciously.
Connor Dugan
 player, 295 posts
 Human Vagabond
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 11:23
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"The dealings ARE most strange. I agree that a simple handkerchief isn't worth even a gold, but I'm sure your master said to get it back correct?" Connor said smugly, pulling out the handkerchief, showing the monogramming and putting it away.
GM
 GM, 434 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 19:48
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Well what do you want for it then?" the servant asks in frustration. "I can't give you more than a crown."
Connor Dugan
 player, 297 posts
 Human Vagabond
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 19:51
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Tell me about your boss, and I'll give YOU a gold crown." Connor says, taking a chance. "Tell me about what he does at night. Specificly, does he leave the house at late hours?"
GM
 GM, 435 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 20:06
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Roll me a charm test please
Connor Dugan
 player, 298 posts
 Human Vagabond
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 20:15
Re: The Steinhager Offices
16:14, Today: Connor Dugan rolled 64 using 1d100 with rolls of 64. Charm (17).
GM
 GM, 436 posts
Thu 19 Aug 2010
at 03:35
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The servant ponders the offer for a moment, weighing his loyalty to the Steinhager's against his avarice. Ultimately his fear of losing his job wins out and he shakes his head. "Herr Steinhager's business is none of your concern."

"I don't know what's going on here but it is making me very uncomfortable. Are you going to give me the handkerchief or not?"
Connor Dugan
 player, 299 posts
 Human Vagabond
Thu 19 Aug 2010
at 11:55
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Loyalty to a man that isn't what he seems? Well I wish you the best, make sure you make your self irreplaceable, I would hate to be...expendable in a house like that." Connor says take out the handkerchief and putting it on the table. "If I where you I would want to know what I have to say...I mean you work for the man. No matter what, you keep the gold, but tell him I took it. If you want another gold, just watch for anything odd from him, and find me here.

Hoping for a few points of a modifier, due to fear for him, and the offered money.
07:54, Today: Connor Dugan rolled 19 using 1d100 with rolls of 19. Charm (17) FP.
07:54, Today: Connor Dugan rolled 74 using 1d100 with rolls of 74. Charm (17).

GM
 GM, 438 posts
Thu 19 Aug 2010
at 20:09
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The servant was prepared to leave but some of Connor's words seem to resonate with him. He sits down and slowly reaches for the handkerchief.

"Well, I have noticed a few strange things," he says nervously. Whether he is speaking now out of a lust for more money or just to speak openly about his gnawing suspiciouns is unclear.

"You asked about Herr Steinhager's movements. Well, it's not unusual for him to have dealings with the other merchant families, but lately he's been spending a LOT of time with Johannes Teugen," he says in a conspiratorial whisper.

"Then two days ago Teugen sent over a package and inside of it was a robe. That's kind of strange but I wouldn'a thought much of it except Herr Steinhager gave very specific instructions to have the robe brought to him as soon as it arrived.

"So I went to deliver the robe to him at his offices and when I walked in he was reading some kind of letter that he was quick to put away like he didn't want me to see it. But before he got it into the drawer I saw this creepy looking symbol...like a star with a goat's head in the middle. It made me kind of uneasy."


The servant pauses and swallows hard, realizing that he had said a lot but also feeling relieved to get some of these secrets off of his chest. "Just what's going on anyways?" he asks, hoping that Connor can fill in the blanks.
Connor Dugan
 player, 300 posts
 Human Vagabond
Thu 19 Aug 2010
at 20:31
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"What is your name goodsir? I asked because you have confirmed our suspicions and the events surrounding how we came across the handkerchief. Have you heard anyone say 'Ordo Septenarius'? You look upset, let me buy you a drink and we shall see if we can shed some light on some things." Connor said, standing and walking back to the bar. When he gets near Ulrich again, he whispers. "This man knows things and seems shaken by what he knows. I think the rest of the group can join us if they wish. I don't want to tell him what the group thinks we shouldn't." When the drink arrives, he takes it back to the table.



OOC: How much are drinks here? I need to deduct for two.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 250 posts
 Human Noble
Thu 19 Aug 2010
at 23:05
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Good work. Make him feel that he is in secure hands and of great importance. When he is calm, wave to me and I will join you at the table. Introduce me as an agent of the church of Sigmar from Altdorf. We can try to glean as much information as possible from him then." Ulrich answers Connor quietly.
GM
 GM, 439 posts
Fri 20 Aug 2010
at 06:54
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Standard prices here 2p for ale, 1p for beer. I guess everyone should also check off 10 p for the days' food and Randulf will need to spend another 5p for fodder for Rover. Ein gets by on eating your scraps.
Connor Dugan
 player, 301 posts
 Human Vagabond
Fri 20 Aug 2010
at 12:18
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Ok, this might come as a shock to you, good sir, but my group believes that your employer has been involved with the ruinous powers. The Cult of Sigmar frowns upon this, but we do appreciate your help. Have you thought about those questions I asked? May I bring a colleague over to us? Connor asked.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 89 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Fri 20 Aug 2010
at 12:43
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Hearing the Teugen family name, Imrak growls a bit.  But, keeps his tongue, there is allot of information ... flowing.
GM
 GM, 440 posts
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 11:51
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"My name's Adelbert Fenster and I'm afraid I've never heard of any Ordo Septenarius."

"I'll speak with your colleague, but only if you can guarantee that he is a man of discretion. The Steinhagers are very powerful people."
Connor Dugan
 player, 302 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 12:25
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Of course Herr Fenster." Connor said waving to Ulrich.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 206 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 16:34
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Svald orders another ale and keeps watch, in particular he watches for anyone watching his little band.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 251 posts
 Human Noble
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 21:29
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Ulrich takes his mug of ale and joins Connor and the servant at the table.
"Good evening, sir." he says before taking a good swig of ale. "I am not sure how many details Connor has shared with you, but he has probably mentioned that the Cult of Sigmar has been on the trail of a band of cultists the last many months. The trail has led here to Bogenhafen." There is a short silence before Ulrich continues with a grave and serious expression on his face "There is evidence that several merchant families and higher ranking officials are involved in this despicable menagerie. As you seem to be a man of good faith and good moral, we would like you to work with us in rooting out the evil that has infested the good people of Bogenhafen." Once again he falls silent taking a sip of his ale, his gaze never leaving the servant.
GM
 GM, 441 posts
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 09:27
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"So you think that Herr Steinhager is a...a...," the servants stammers before looking around nervously and then leaning forward with wide eyes to whisper with alarm, "a cultist?!?!"

"I'm-I'm just a servant. What kind of help could I possibly be?" Adelbert blurts, as he leans away. His posture seems to indicate that this doesn't sound like something he wants to get involved in if at all possible.
Connor Dugan
 player, 303 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 15:16
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"For now, take this and get back. We don't want you gone too long. We need to know where they meet." Connor says handing over the handkerkercheif.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 252 posts
 Human Noble
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 19:22
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Sshhhh..not so loud. There is no solid evidence that he is. We need someone who can tell us when and if Herr Steinhager leaves the office or house late at night or some other suspicious unfolds. As Connor said, take the handkerchief, keep the gold crown for your self, report back to us about Herr Steinhager and we will take care of the rest." he extends his right hand to the servant "Do we have an agreement?" he asks
GM
 GM, 442 posts
Mon 23 Aug 2010
at 00:05
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The servant looks troubled. "I'll have to think about it," the servant says. "But if I see anything alarming, I can find you here?"
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 90 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Mon 23 Aug 2010
at 12:09
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Imrak looks thoughtful at the man, and what they are asking him to do.  "Eye, one of us shalt be her."
GM
 GM, 444 posts
Mon 23 Aug 2010
at 12:30
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Alright then," the servant says with a hard swallow and an uneasy look on his face. "I'd better get back then." he turns and leaves the inn, walking like a man with a heavy weight on his shoulders and a lot to think about.

Meanwhile, a conversation at a nearby table is overheard between two men discussing the death of a warehouse laborer down on the Ostendamm. Apparently, the body of a man named Anton Breugel was pulled from the river an hour ago. The men mention that Breugel was a notorious drunk and they don't seem to be too surprised that he would fall into the river and drown.
Connor Dugan
 player, 304 posts
 Human Vagabond
Mon 23 Aug 2010
at 16:10
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Overhearing the talking about the warehouse death, Connor leaned over. "You wouldn't happen to know which warehouse would you?"
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 207 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Mon 23 Aug 2010
at 16:24
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Svlad continues to keep watch and orders another drink, staying by himself until the others leave so he is not pegged as being "one of them".

4p for two ales sound right?
GM
 GM, 445 posts
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 01:16
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Huh?" the burgher at a nearby table says, surprised by the question from a stranger. "Oh, uh, couldn't tell you exactly which warehouse, but I think he worked the west end. That right, Rupert?"

The other man (presumably Rupert) nods and says, "Yeah, he was a Steinhager man and a member of the stevedores guild. Anton was a drunken bastard most of the time but if he was hitting the bottle hard enough to be blackout drunk this early in the night then it was only a matter of time before something like this happened."

The two men grudgingly raise a glass to the memory of Anton, though it is clear that they hold no real affection for the man.

ooc: Yeah, 4p for 2 ales.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:16, Tue 24 Aug 2010.

Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 136 posts
 Human Bailiff
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 03:10
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Randulf leans over to quietly whisper to Otto and Svlad, "The man we spoke with at Warehouse 4 reeked of cheap booze and had the bulbous red nose of a drunkard. As scared as he looked after getting caught in a lie, I suspect that he's the one who went for a swim... and probably not one of his choosing."
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 208 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 12:49
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Randulf Konigsamen:
Randulf leans over to quietly whisper to Otto and Svlad, "The man we spoke with at Warehouse 4 reeked of cheap booze and had the bulbous red nose of a drunkard. As scared as he looked after getting caught in a lie, I suspect that he's the one who went for a swim... and probably not one of his choosing."


"I think you are right.  This is all too much of a coincidence to be anything but linked.  If it smells like a fish and swims like a fish it's a fish right?  So now what do we do?  Checking out that other family might be a good idea.  Or maybe we should just go tell the Watch what we found out so far?"
Otto Kliest
 player, 165 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 14:47
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"I think telling the watch is a bad idea... what if whoever is behind this has them in their pocket..."  "I say we keep and eye on Teugen and the Steinhagers..."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 253 posts
 Human Noble
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 17:48
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Yes, lets keep the Watch out of this for now until we have more evidence."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 137 posts
 Human Bailiff
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 19:11
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Well what's the next step then? Retire for the night? Spend the evening lurking in the shadows of the Adel Ring while we dodge the watch? ...or does someone have another idea?"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 254 posts
 Human Noble
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 19:31
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"I guess we can do one patrol down by the warehouse and docks, then I for once would like to get some sleep." Ulrich suggest after a long yawn.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 135 posts
 Halfling Agitator
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 20:49
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Agreed. It ain't worth spendin' all day and all night watchin', but no harm takin' a quick look around before bed."
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 91 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 21:11
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Eye, bet w'e shud gu in'a smala groups."
Otto Kliest
 player, 166 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Tue 24 Aug 2010
at 21:21
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"I think I will spend the evening in the shadows and see what I can spot. or at least hear..."  With that Otto heads to the bar buys a wineskin and heads out.
GM
 GM, 447 posts
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 03:45
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Otto heads out (continued back at the Adel Ring thread) and the rest of the group breaks into two smaller teams to swing by the warehouses and the docks to look for anything unusual before turning in for the night.

The Ostendamm waterfront is mostly deserted save for some boatmen and laborers drinking at seedy bars close to the river and some tipsy lower class faire revelers lining up and then piling onto the ferry to make their way across the Bogen to the northside slums. Nobody is really making much of a fuss about Anton, the drowned warehouse laborer.

ooc: Where ya'all sleepin' tonight? The Berebelli, or are you getting rooms at the inn?
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 209 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 12:53
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Svlad heads with those checking out the docks and plans on bunking on The Berebelli tonight.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 92 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 13:16
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Imrak will follow along, but will insist on Watches. "Ta many a pep's hav died.  Te might be a comin a'ter us ext."  He also seems quite familiar with boats, considering dwarfs are renowned for hating water..
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 255 posts
 Human Noble
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 15:55
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"I shall get a room here before doing a quick tour of the neighborhoods." Ulrich announces. "Anyone who cares to join is welcome."

He walks up to the bar and waves the inn-keeper over and chit chats with the man before getting a room.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 136 posts
 Halfling Agitator
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 16:24
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"I'll take a walk with you Ulrich, but I'll sleep on the boat. People 'ave a strange 'abit of disappearin' from inns around 'ere."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:25, Wed 25 Aug 2010.

Connor Dugan
 player, 305 posts
 Human Vagabond
Wed 25 Aug 2010
at 16:43
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"I'll be at the boat a little later, I'm going to stay around here for a little bit, see if I can pick up any rumors." Connor tells his fellows.
GM
 GM, 449 posts
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 04:54
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Ulrich and Connor engage in a bit of gossip before heading off to bed. Most of it is mundane. The lesser merchants are unhappy with the frontage tax that makes owning a warehouse expensive, Ulricans and Sigmarites are squabbling in the north again about which religion is the 'true' religion, and recent ambushes of travellers along the Middenheim-Altdorf road are all discussed.

There is one bit of information that piques their interest however. Councillor Richter apparently had to leave the Festival Court in the middle of the afternoon when he began feeling poorly. Doctor Rheinhold Hochdorn examined him later at his home and the prognosis was not good. The councillor is not expected to survive the week.
GM
 GM, 560 posts
Wed 13 Oct 2010
at 08:53
Re: The Steinhager Offices
A map of the outside of the Steinhager Offices


ooc: There are only two entrances. A set of doors in the north and a set of doors in the south. The rest are windows.

The Steinhager offices are on the north side of Kaufman Strasse, and a little to the west of Handels Weg making it less than a hundred yards from the edge of the Adel ring. The structure itself is an imposing single story building with the family's badge, a barrel with the letter 'S' branded on it, hanging above the front  (Kaufmanstrasse) entrance. From viewing the building at different angles, you get the impression that the building is actually constructed in a manner similar to a ring with a central courtyard. The doors are of a sturdy construction. The windows currently sit unshuttered.

Connor and Otto arrive at the Steinhager Offices about an hour before sundown. There still seems to be a bit of activity surrounding the offices that seems to indicate that the offices are still occupied for the moment but will likely be closing down shortly.
Otto Kliest
 player, 206 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 14:11
Re: The Steinhager Offices
OOC: Is the building one floor or 2?  and did we notice any watchdogs or night guards?

This message was last edited by the player at 17:46, Thu 14 Oct 2010.

Connor Dugan
 player, 371 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 15:45
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor leans against a tree, to the south west of the offices, waiting for everyone to leave for the night. "What do you think would be the best way Otto?"
GM
 GM, 566 posts
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 19:43
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Otto Kliest:
OOC: Is the building one floor or 2?  and did we notice any watchdogs or night guards?

GM:
The structure itself is an imposing single story building with the family's badge, a barrel with the letter 'S' branded on it, hanging above the front  (Kaufmanstrasse) entrance.

Connor and Otto arrive at the Steinhager Offices about an hour before sundown. There still seems to be a bit of activity surrounding the offices that seems to indicate that the offices are still occupied for the moment but will likely be closing down shortly.


As the sun fades down to the horizon, the merchants one by one begin to leave for the night, including Heinrich and Franz Steinhager accompanied by a pair of bodyguards who come from the Adel Ring to collect them. During this time, a single servant moves from room to room, shuttering the windows. Unfortunately you do not see this servant leave and judging by the faint glow of light escaping from the shutters, he has settled into the area just east of the Kaufman Strasse doors. Somewhere in the town a dog howls and it's calls are answered by a few low, long barks from inside the Steinhager Office. An irritated voice can be heard yelling at the dog but it is too muffled to make out what is being said.
Otto Kliest
 player, 207 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Thu 14 Oct 2010
at 19:54
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"We will need to distract the dog...  we could get Ein to try and lead him to the other side of the compund or we get something to feed him...."
Connor Dugan
 player, 372 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 15 Oct 2010
at 11:36
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"I don't have any food on me, we can buy some. But that dog will be a bother. And we might have to take out the man inside." Connor says in a low whisper, still surveying the building with his eyes.
Otto Kliest
 player, 208 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Mon 18 Oct 2010
at 15:40
Re: The Steinhager Offices
We'll see if we can finda vendor not to far away that will sell us some raw meat.
Otto Kliest
 player, 209 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Tue 19 Oct 2010
at 12:19
Re: The Steinhager Offices
OOC:  I'm guessing we found some meat.

Waiting until dark we will sneak next to the wall  keeping an eye out for the watch.
Connor Dugan
 player, 373 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Tue 19 Oct 2010
at 23:01
Re: The Steinahager Offices
"I hope we don't get caught, I really don't want to spend the night in a jail...and I think it will be a bit harder a punishment than that." He says waiting nervously.
GM
 GM, 569 posts
Wed 20 Oct 2010
at 03:00
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Otto Kliest:
We'll see if we can finda vendor not to far away that will sell us some raw meat.

ooc: Whoops, I had read that as dialogue to Connor rather than a statement of an action. Sure, you can find some raw meat for sale for 2 pence. What wall are you looking to approach? I'm a little unclear on what the plan is.
Otto Kliest
 player, 210 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Wed 20 Oct 2010
at 03:20
Re: The Steinhager Offices
GM:
Otto Kliest:
We'll see if we can finda vendor not to far away that will sell us some raw meat.

ooc: Whoops, I had read that as dialogue to Connor rather than a statement of an action. Sure, you can find some raw meat for sale for 2 pence. What wall are you looking to approach? I'm a little unclear on what the plan is.

heh so are we.
"Conner what are we looking for... just anything...  casue i cant read... heh"
Connor Dugan
 player, 374 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Wed 20 Oct 2010
at 15:50
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor blanched at that. "Let's go grab Paulus...he can read, or we can go and grab whatever has the symbol on it or looks suspicious."
Otto Kliest
 player, 211 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Wed 20 Oct 2010
at 19:55
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor Dugan:
Connor blanched at that. "Let's go grab Paulus...he can read, or we can go and grab whatever has the symbol on it or looks suspicious."



"Oh I can find the symbol no problem... it haunts my dreams..."
GM
 GM, 571 posts
Thu 21 Oct 2010
at 05:43
Re: The Steinhager Offices
ooc: K, have you given any thought to how you plan on getting inside? You seem to be lacking in burglary tools.

Side note: Morrslieb is fuller tonight and larger than normal. It glows with a sickly green light and the shadows and craters seem to form the image of a leering face. Each time you glance back at it, it seems to be looking in a new direction.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:43, Thu 21 Oct 2010.

Otto Kliest
 player, 212 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Thu 21 Oct 2010
at 12:52
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Otto looking at the moon..."Well thats just creepy..."  in whispers to Conner" Whats the plan?"
Connor Dugan
 player, 375 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 22 Oct 2010
at 11:42
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Go through a window? You knock on a door at one end and I "open" a window at the other"? Connor looked perplexed. "I wish I had thought through this more."
GM
 GM, 577 posts
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 10:42
Re: The Steinhager Offices
ooc: The shutters on the windows are fairly sturdy, but could presumably be smashed open with enough effort. It'll hardly be stealthy though. Proceed with that or perhaps you want to come back when you're better prepared?
Otto Kliest
 player, 213 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 16:48
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"seeing as how I can't read... and we have no tools... lets sneek over and see how our noble friend is fairing..."
Connor Dugan
 player, 376 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 22:09
Re: The Steinhager Offices
As Otto looks at Connor for a response, he notices a sparkle in his eye. "You can if you want...I'm going for it." He says smiling. "If your gonna go can you distract the dog before you go?" Connor looks around for people watching as he prepares to attempt to scale the wall.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:55, Tue 26 Oct 2010.

Otto Kliest
 player, 214 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 23:34
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor Dugan:
As Otto looks at Connor for a response, he notices a sparkle in his eye. "You can if you want...I'm going for it." He says smiling. "If your gonna go can you distract the dog before you go?" Connor looks around for people watching as he prepares to attempt to scale the wall.



"Well i'm not leaving you by yourself..."

"I'll distract the dog... go for it."

Otto heads of to get the dogs attenttion and throw him some meat.
GM
 GM, 584 posts
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 05:51
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Luckily Connor had left his mail back at the boat and the side of the Steinhager Office was far from being a sheer surface. Using a window sill in the back alley for a boost, Connor is able to reach up and get a hold of the roof then struggle his way far enough into a pull-up position to be able to throw a leg up and worm his way up top. Simple as that, Connor finds himself alone on the roof looking down into a courtyard illuminated by the silvery moonlight of Mannslieb and the sickly green light of the large and full Morrslieb.


From Connor's position he can see a variety of doors spaced around the inner walls of the two main buildings that frame the courtyard. A stone pond bubbles near the center. Next to that, a large black dog is laying down facing away from you with it's head resting on it's paws.

ooc: I wasn't real clear on the distraction plan. Was Otto going to just blindly hurl a lump of meat over the wall while Connor was climbing?

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:52, Wed 27 Oct 2010.

Otto Kliest
 player, 215 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 12:58
Re: The Steinhager Offices
OOC:I'm not sure we were either...

Is there enough room to toss it over at the point where the 2 buildings meet at the north?

GM
 GM, 587 posts
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 20:02
Re: The Steinhager Offices
ooc: Sure.
Connor Dugan
 player, 377 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 12:16
Re: The Steinhager Offices
From his vantage point Connor watches for otto to toss the food.

OOC. any roof access?
Otto Kliest
 player, 216 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 15:15
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Otto tosses the meat over getting it to go exactly over to the corner  where the to buildings meet.

10:13, Today: Otto Kliest rolled 22 using 1d100 with rolls of 22. Throw +10 aim(?)  bs60.


He will then move around and try  to climb over  to the southwest.
GM
 GM, 594 posts
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 18:18
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The scrap of meat lands in the courtyard with a light splat sound. The large black dog raises it's head at the sound and sniffs the air before rising and walking over towards the scrap of meat in the corner. The guard dog has been distracted but you'll have to act fast. It won't take but a few seconds for the dog to gobble up that meat.

ooc: No roof access. Otto, roll an easy (+20%) scale sheer surface test to climb up to the roof. Remember, scale sheer surface is strength based, not agility based. What about Ein?
Connor Dugan
 player, 378 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 19:10
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor will climb down as quietly as possible and move to the closest door.
GM
 GM, 599 posts
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 20:33
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor drops down into the courtyard and tries the very closest door. It opens with the slightest squeak and Connor rushes in and shuts the door behind him, hopefully before the dog has noticed him.

The vagabond finds himself in a pitch black room with only the faint glow of moonlight seeping in from around the cracks between the window and the shutters in the far wall. His eyes slowly begin to adjust until he can at least make out the dark shapes of what appear to be a desk and a chair in front of the window and a few additional bits of furniture around the room. Moving in the darkness will be hazardous as all sorts of lovely tripping hazards could be lurking unseen.

ooc: Roll me a silent move check to see how quietly you got inside. Then roll me an agility check when moving around to see if you bump into stuff, trip, etc.


Connor Dugan
 player, 379 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 21:06
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor looks around, trying to determine if this is Steinhager's office, also looking for anything particularly pricey.

17:04, Today: Connor Dugan rolled 51 using 1d100 with rolls of 51. Agility.
17:04, Today: Connor Dugan rolled 42 using 1d100 with rolls of 42. Silent move 49
.
GM
 GM, 602 posts
Fri 29 Oct 2010
at 18:40
Re: The Steinhager Offices
As Connor moves about the room he bumps into a low foot stool that was hiding in the darkness. It makes a rubbing sound as it slides against the wooden floor that sounds impossibly loud to Connor in the confines of the darkened room and sets his heart to pounding. But if the frozen Connor expected to set off a furious crescendo of barks, the sound doesn't come and after a few breathless seconds he is finally able to relax.

Connor's search of the office is hampered by the darkness. By feeling around he locates a few items of potential value: a painting, a tapestry, and a small, foot tall, statue of some sort on a pedestal.

On the desk there are a few papers and a ledger. The drawers contain a few quills, a couple of jars of ink, a small knife, and a book.

12:30, Today: GM, on behalf of Connor Dugan, rolled 44 using 1d100 with rolls of 44. Search.
Otto Kliest
 player, 217 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Fri 29 Oct 2010
at 20:10
Re: The Steinhager Offices
OOC:  Dont thik I will try and climb...  its  a bad roll.

Otto will stick to the shadows and try and keep a look out.
Connor Dugan
 player, 380 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 29 Oct 2010
at 20:54
Re: The Steinhager Offices
OOC: Is that a door to the south west corner?

Connor goes to the window and tries to open it silently.
GM
 GM, 603 posts
Sat 30 Oct 2010
at 05:39
Re: The Steinhager Offices
ooc: No, that's an extra big window in the corner by Otto. The only exterior doors are the front gate and the backdoor to the room above Connor.

Connor fumbles around at the window until he locates the latch. It slides open with a click and the shutters open without a whisper. The extra moonlight streaming in is a nice boon, making it much easier to see now.
Connor Dugan
 player, 381 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Sat 30 Oct 2010
at 14:08
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor leans out the window and looks for Otto. "I need to know which office is Steinhager's. Any clue? We might need more food." He whispers.
Otto Kliest
 player, 218 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Sat 30 Oct 2010
at 19:55
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Hmm the more I go back and forth to get food better chance the watch has to spot us..."OOC:  Does Ein mind well enough that I could get him to distract the large dog?
GM
 GM, 606 posts
Sun 31 Oct 2010
at 06:28
Re: The Steinhager Offices
ooc: I can't answer that unless I know how you want him to distract the guard dog.
Otto Kliest
 player, 219 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Sun 31 Oct 2010
at 13:01
Re: The Steinhager Offices
GM:
ooc: I can't answer that unless I know how you want him to distract the guard dog.



Pretty much have him run on the oppisite side of the compound and bark to draw the large dogs attention there....
GM
 GM, 607 posts
Mon 1 Nov 2010
at 11:06
Re: The Steinhager Offices
ooc: He probably wouldn't understand a command to run to the opposite side of the building and start barking. However, you could take him over there, command him to bark and then let his natural viciousness take over when the other dog barks back. Just be warned that a lot of barking might attract the attention of more than just the guard dog.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:25, Tue 02 Nov 2010.

GM
 GM, 612 posts
Tue 2 Nov 2010
at 12:26
Re: The Steinhager Offices
ooc: Also, I want to make sure that Connor's aware that there is a door in the office leading to another room (so a distraction isn't the only option). I didn't mention it in the description because it's on the map, but it's pretty small so it could have easily been missed.
Connor Dugan
 player, 383 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Tue 2 Nov 2010
at 14:52
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor moves to the door in the corner of the room and slowly opens it.

OOC: That was the door I was asking about.
Otto Kliest
 player, 220 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Tue 2 Nov 2010
at 15:20
Re: The Steinhager Offices
OOC: Ah well screw the distraction...

Otto will climb throught the window  that Otto opened and tell Ein to guard.
GM
 GM, 613 posts
Tue 2 Nov 2010
at 19:29
Re: The Steinhager Offices
ooc: My bad. I thought you had been asking about the large window in the corner of the building near where Otto was shown on the map.

Ein whimpers a bit as Otto leaves him behind in the alley and climbs into the Steinhager building. Together, Connor and Otto go through the door and down a narrow hallway to another door that opens into another near pitch black office. An outline of moonlight shines in around the shutters of an exceptionally large window. In front of that is a high backed chair and a large sturdy looking desk. Pieces of furniture and art dot the room but it is impossible to make out their details in the darkness.


Connor Dugan
 player, 384 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Wed 3 Nov 2010
at 19:15
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor moves to the window to try and open it as little as possible to let in some light.
GM
 GM, 615 posts
Wed 3 Nov 2010
at 21:00
Re: The Steinhager Offices
With the window cracked and the moonlight spilling in it is much easier to see. Luckily (or unluckily if you're superstitious) Morrslieb is very full tonight and is putting out a lot of light.

The office in which Connor and Otto stand is a bit larger than the previous office and the furnishings are a bit nicer. The desk is large, sturdy, and elaborately carved from a heavy looking black wood. The high backed chair behind it is apholstered with crimson fabric. The floor is covered with a large soft rug adorned with strange and foreign looking swirled designs. A few more chairs, a couch and a bench dot the room for visitors to sit upon while discussing business. The notable pieces of art in the room are the large painting of a town (presumably Bogenhafen) hanging along one wall and a pair of marble busts that bear a resemblance to the stylized face of Steinhager himself looking strong and powerful.
Otto Kliest
 player, 221 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 15:25
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Using what moonlight  we can look  through any papers  and see if we can find the symbol... casue thats all i know to look for...
Connor Dugan
 player, 385 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 16:15
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor starts by checking behind the paintings for any hidden nooks, then moves to the drawers in the desk, glancing at the pages, but mostly looking for hidden areas.
GM
 GM, 619 posts
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 18:20
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The painting slides away from the wall like a door as Connor pivots on a hidden hinge. Behind the painting is a sturdy metal door festooned with locks. It has the look of a vault.

The desk is filled with more ledgers and papers that neither Connor nor Otto can read. In the bottom drawer however, Otto finds several pieces of parchment bearing the goat-headed pentagram symbol of the Ordo Septenarius. Five of the sheets are blank but one is covered in writing.

While searching the top drawer for hidden compartments, Connor discovers a leather bound book that had been placed behind the drawer.
Otto Kliest
 player, 222 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Fri 5 Nov 2010
at 19:47
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Otto whispers "Good enough for me lets go..."
Connor Dugan
 player, 386 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Sat 6 Nov 2010
at 15:19
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor scoops up what he can carry, making sure he has the book, and moves to the window. "Are you ready?"
Otto Kliest
 player, 223 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Tue 9 Nov 2010
at 03:23
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Yeah, let's get out of here before somebody notices us," Otto says as he slips back through the open window and into the alley.
Otto Kliest
 player, 225 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Tue 9 Nov 2010
at 13:56
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Otto will sneak back out the window  and head back to the inn.
GM
 GM, 624 posts
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 07:31
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The inn? From an IC standpoint I don't see how this makes any sense. You've never stayed at the Blue Cat, nobody has, and Otto would have no reason to suspect that his companions would be there, would he? Or am I fogetting something?
Connor Dugan
 player, 387 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 12:20
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor heads back to the boat, and begins to flip through the book, and papers he found.
Otto Kliest
 player, 226 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 13:38
Re: The Steinhager Offices
GM:
The inn? From an IC standpoint I don't see how this makes any sense. You've never stayed at the Blue Cat, nobody has, and Otto would have no reason to suspect that his companions would be there, would he? Or am I fogetting something?


I apologize I ment where we were staying in general so the boat...