Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Steinhager Offices.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 249 posts
 Human Noble
Tue 17 Aug 2010
at 16:23
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Ulrich drains his ale and while ordering another mumbles quietly and indiscreet to Connor "No, we cant accuse the Steinhagers straight up. The handkerchief only gives us the suspicion. we will have to find more evidence to back up the proof. did the servant offer you a reward? if so try to ask for more just to see how much they want it back."

He goes quiet as his ale arrives but he digs out a few pennies and hands them to the bartender.
Connor Dugan
 player, 294 posts
 Human Vagabond
Tue 17 Aug 2010
at 16:27
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Connor walks back to the table. "I'm going to need a few more than one gold, despite my appearance, I'm not a common peasant."
Otto Kliest
 player, 163 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Tue 17 Aug 2010
at 18:11
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Otto waits quietly drinking and ale while all of this transpires.
GM
 GM, 433 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 03:31
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The servant shakes his head in disbelief and stands up from the table. "These dealings are most strange. More than a gold crown for a simple handkerchief? Herr Steinhager could almost buy a new one for that price."

"Do you even really have the handkerchief?" the servant asks suspiciously.
Connor Dugan
 player, 295 posts
 Human Vagabond
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 11:23
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"The dealings ARE most strange. I agree that a simple handkerchief isn't worth even a gold, but I'm sure your master said to get it back correct?" Connor said smugly, pulling out the handkerchief, showing the monogramming and putting it away.
GM
 GM, 434 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 19:48
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Well what do you want for it then?" the servant asks in frustration. "I can't give you more than a crown."
Connor Dugan
 player, 297 posts
 Human Vagabond
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 19:51
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Tell me about your boss, and I'll give YOU a gold crown." Connor says, taking a chance. "Tell me about what he does at night. Specificly, does he leave the house at late hours?"
GM
 GM, 435 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 20:06
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Roll me a charm test please
Connor Dugan
 player, 298 posts
 Human Vagabond
Wed 18 Aug 2010
at 20:15
Re: The Steinhager Offices
16:14, Today: Connor Dugan rolled 64 using 1d100 with rolls of 64. Charm (17).
GM
 GM, 436 posts
Thu 19 Aug 2010
at 03:35
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The servant ponders the offer for a moment, weighing his loyalty to the Steinhager's against his avarice. Ultimately his fear of losing his job wins out and he shakes his head. "Herr Steinhager's business is none of your concern."

"I don't know what's going on here but it is making me very uncomfortable. Are you going to give me the handkerchief or not?"
Connor Dugan
 player, 299 posts
 Human Vagabond
Thu 19 Aug 2010
at 11:55
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Loyalty to a man that isn't what he seems? Well I wish you the best, make sure you make your self irreplaceable, I would hate to be...expendable in a house like that." Connor says take out the handkerchief and putting it on the table. "If I where you I would want to know what I have to say...I mean you work for the man. No matter what, you keep the gold, but tell him I took it. If you want another gold, just watch for anything odd from him, and find me here.

Hoping for a few points of a modifier, due to fear for him, and the offered money.
07:54, Today: Connor Dugan rolled 19 using 1d100 with rolls of 19. Charm (17) FP.
07:54, Today: Connor Dugan rolled 74 using 1d100 with rolls of 74. Charm (17).

GM
 GM, 438 posts
Thu 19 Aug 2010
at 20:09
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The servant was prepared to leave but some of Connor's words seem to resonate with him. He sits down and slowly reaches for the handkerchief.

"Well, I have noticed a few strange things," he says nervously. Whether he is speaking now out of a lust for more money or just to speak openly about his gnawing suspiciouns is unclear.

"You asked about Herr Steinhager's movements. Well, it's not unusual for him to have dealings with the other merchant families, but lately he's been spending a LOT of time with Johannes Teugen," he says in a conspiratorial whisper.

"Then two days ago Teugen sent over a package and inside of it was a robe. That's kind of strange but I wouldn'a thought much of it except Herr Steinhager gave very specific instructions to have the robe brought to him as soon as it arrived.

"So I went to deliver the robe to him at his offices and when I walked in he was reading some kind of letter that he was quick to put away like he didn't want me to see it. But before he got it into the drawer I saw this creepy looking symbol...like a star with a goat's head in the middle. It made me kind of uneasy."


The servant pauses and swallows hard, realizing that he had said a lot but also feeling relieved to get some of these secrets off of his chest. "Just what's going on anyways?" he asks, hoping that Connor can fill in the blanks.
Connor Dugan
 player, 300 posts
 Human Vagabond
Thu 19 Aug 2010
at 20:31
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"What is your name goodsir? I asked because you have confirmed our suspicions and the events surrounding how we came across the handkerchief. Have you heard anyone say 'Ordo Septenarius'? You look upset, let me buy you a drink and we shall see if we can shed some light on some things." Connor said, standing and walking back to the bar. When he gets near Ulrich again, he whispers. "This man knows things and seems shaken by what he knows. I think the rest of the group can join us if they wish. I don't want to tell him what the group thinks we shouldn't." When the drink arrives, he takes it back to the table.



OOC: How much are drinks here? I need to deduct for two.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 250 posts
 Human Noble
Thu 19 Aug 2010
at 23:05
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Good work. Make him feel that he is in secure hands and of great importance. When he is calm, wave to me and I will join you at the table. Introduce me as an agent of the church of Sigmar from Altdorf. We can try to glean as much information as possible from him then." Ulrich answers Connor quietly.
GM
 GM, 439 posts
Fri 20 Aug 2010
at 06:54
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Standard prices here 2p for ale, 1p for beer. I guess everyone should also check off 10 p for the days' food and Randulf will need to spend another 5p for fodder for Rover. Ein gets by on eating your scraps.
Connor Dugan
 player, 301 posts
 Human Vagabond
Fri 20 Aug 2010
at 12:18
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Ok, this might come as a shock to you, good sir, but my group believes that your employer has been involved with the ruinous powers. The Cult of Sigmar frowns upon this, but we do appreciate your help. Have you thought about those questions I asked? May I bring a colleague over to us? Connor asked.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 89 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Fri 20 Aug 2010
at 12:43
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Hearing the Teugen family name, Imrak growls a bit.  But, keeps his tongue, there is allot of information ... flowing.
GM
 GM, 440 posts
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 11:51
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"My name's Adelbert Fenster and I'm afraid I've never heard of any Ordo Septenarius."

"I'll speak with your colleague, but only if you can guarantee that he is a man of discretion. The Steinhagers are very powerful people."
Connor Dugan
 player, 302 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 12:25
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Of course Herr Fenster." Connor said waving to Ulrich.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 206 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 16:34
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Svald orders another ale and keeps watch, in particular he watches for anyone watching his little band.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 251 posts
 Human Noble
Sat 21 Aug 2010
at 21:29
Re: The Steinhager Offices
Ulrich takes his mug of ale and joins Connor and the servant at the table.
"Good evening, sir." he says before taking a good swig of ale. "I am not sure how many details Connor has shared with you, but he has probably mentioned that the Cult of Sigmar has been on the trail of a band of cultists the last many months. The trail has led here to Bogenhafen." There is a short silence before Ulrich continues with a grave and serious expression on his face "There is evidence that several merchant families and higher ranking officials are involved in this despicable menagerie. As you seem to be a man of good faith and good moral, we would like you to work with us in rooting out the evil that has infested the good people of Bogenhafen." Once again he falls silent taking a sip of his ale, his gaze never leaving the servant.
GM
 GM, 441 posts
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 09:27
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"So you think that Herr Steinhager is a...a...," the servants stammers before looking around nervously and then leaning forward with wide eyes to whisper with alarm, "a cultist?!?!"

"I'm-I'm just a servant. What kind of help could I possibly be?" Adelbert blurts, as he leans away. His posture seems to indicate that this doesn't sound like something he wants to get involved in if at all possible.
Connor Dugan
 player, 303 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 15:16
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"For now, take this and get back. We don't want you gone too long. We need to know where they meet." Connor says handing over the handkerkercheif.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 252 posts
 Human Noble
Sun 22 Aug 2010
at 19:22
Re: The Steinhager Offices
"Sshhhh..not so loud. There is no solid evidence that he is. We need someone who can tell us when and if Herr Steinhager leaves the office or house late at night or some other suspicious unfolds. As Connor said, take the handkerchief, keep the gold crown for your self, report back to us about Herr Steinhager and we will take care of the rest." he extends his right hand to the servant "Do we have an agreement?" he asks
GM
 GM, 442 posts
Mon 23 Aug 2010
at 00:05
Re: The Steinhager Offices
The servant looks troubled. "I'll have to think about it," the servant says. "But if I see anything alarming, I can find you here?"