Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 255 posts
 12/14W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 15:54
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
"I'll tray and make this quick.  Does anyone have a torch?"  Svlad ties off his rope, gets his bearings, and prepares to quickly scout out underneth the house.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 176 posts
 26/49/2/2 head/body/arm 1
 10/12, 1/2
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 16:16
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
"I'm an 'alfling. We don't need torches.

Paulus readies his sling and stays alert.

"If anyone's goin' to bother us, I wager they do it while ol' Svlad is swingin' back and forth under that manhole."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 341 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 17:04
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
"Sorry, no torch either." Ulrich answers as he draws his new pistol in case they do get attacked.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 256 posts
 12/14W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 19:37
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
Svlad scavenges around for something to use as a torch and hopefully someone has a light or else his foray into the sewers might have to wait.
GM
 GM, 579 posts
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 20:07
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
An alarmed bypasser stutter steps to a halt, then cautiously changes course to give the group a wide berth as he sees Ulrich and Paulus seeminlgy readying for a fight.

Svlad looks around for something to use as a torch, but there isn't anything readily available. It might be possible to get a stick or branch of some sort from the Adel Ring's central park but it's likely to be wet from the day's earlier rains and would make for a very poor torch.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 342 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 20:44
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
"Lets put this on hold for now and just observe the house. Maybe catch the councilor on his way home. We just got spotted by a someone walking by."
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 257 posts
 12/14W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 13:24
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
"Right."  Svlad abandons his plan to head into the sewers and plays the role of bodyguard.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 343 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 15:28
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
The group prances around the Adel ring to check out the neighborhood and if any other nobles are out.
GM
 GM, 582 posts
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 19:48
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
Time passes agonizingly slowly for Ulrich, Paulus, and Svlad as they watch the Teugen estate. The leadership of the Ordo Septenarius is so close and yet still just out of reach while you're stuck outside with your imaginations running wild at the possibilities of what the inner council was up to. This could be no more than a meeting to discuss their charitable works and cooperation in controlling markets as Councillor Magirius suggests, or they could be summoning forth an ancient evil to destroy the town while you wait outside powerless. In fact, for all you know they might not even be in the estate at all at this point, having slipped away through a secret entrance into the sewers to perform foul rites in the privacy of the filth and gloom. It was all very frustrating.

A few hours pass, and the town has not yet been consumed by fire or assaulted by a flock of winged horrors. The sounds of normal night time life fill the air. Somewhere in the town a dog is barking. Elsewhere, a pair of drunks slur their way through a garrulous and off-key song. From still elsewhere comes the sound of a cart or wagon rattling it's way across the rough cobblestones of the town square.

After a while some activity can be spotted near the front gates to the Teugen estate accompanied by the sounds of voices and the occasional laugh. A few moments later the gates are opened and the member of the inner council come filtering out one by one, accompanied by their bodyguards and each carrying a small bundle beneath their arms. It seems that the meeting has come to an end.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:00, Tue 26 Oct 2010.

Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 177 posts
 26/49/2/2 head/body/arm 1
 10/12, 1/2
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 01:00
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
GM:
An alarmed bypasser stutter steps to a halt, then cautiously changes course to give the group a wide berth as he sees Ulrich and Paulus seeminlgy readying for a fight.


"Don't mind us," Paulus calls out. "Our master 'ere threw 'is sweet'eart's ring down the sewer in a fit of temper. Now that 'e decides 'e loves 'er again, guess who 'as to try get the thing back." He gives his noble companion a dark look.

Having no success with the manhole, he goes back to watching the house. Eventually, Teugen's guests begin to emerge, and the halfling watches quietly from the shadows. He tries to memorise any faces he can see, and takes note if anyone is carrying the bundles that were brought into the house earlier.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:05, Wed 27 Oct 2010.

Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 344 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 01:21
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
"Try to focus on their faces so you can remember them. When you see it, draw a parallel to a nearby object that would remind you how he looks. A crooked branch could remind you of a crooked nose." Ulrich whispers to the others while he keeps an eye out.

"We need to find out who all the members are and if everyone is involved in the demon summoning."
GM
 GM, 585 posts
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 07:31
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
Distance, darkness and a lack of familiarity with the subjects will make later identifications difficult (though not impossible). You count seven men leaving the teugen estate. All of them are carrying bundles and four of them are accompanied by one or more bodyguards as they set out across the Adel ring to their homes.

Franz Steinhager is one of the first to emerge flanked by a pair of bodyguards as he crosses the ring to his home (9 o'clock on the map). His face bears the same unreadable, shrewd expression you saw on him the day before.

A young man in vibrantly colored clothes in the puffed and slashed fashions walks confidently towards the estate bearing the Haagen family symbol on it's gates (The Haagen estate is at 6 o'clock on the map).

Four more members you don't recognize linger outside talking for a bit before heading towards the cluster of smaller houses that completes the ring (12 o'clock on the map). Two of them don't have any easily distinguishable features but one of them is exceptionally short and fat and another seems frail and bent with age. They are accompanied by five bodyguards.

Last to leave is Friedrich Magirius. He walks rather stiffly and with a furrowed brow. He keeps wringing his hands as if something is troubling him. He too begins walking towards the cluster of smaller houses.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 258 posts
 12/14W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 13:29
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
"So should we jump one of 'em and try to see what's in their little bundles?"  Svlad suggests a rather direct...and very dangerous course of action but if they could get a look at what those guys are lugging around it may be mystery solved...
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 345 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 16:37
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
Ulrichs eyes go wide as Svlads suggestion "No...that would be a bad idea."


OOC: Is there any way to intercept Magirius?
GM
 GM, 586 posts
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 18:49
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
ooc: Sure.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 346 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 18:59
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
Ulrich and the group moves into position and pretend to be chatting as they intercept the councilor. Ulrich looks at the man in surprise and gives a small bow.
"Good evening dear councilor. How are you doing this fine crisp evening?"
Friedrich Magirius
 NPC, 17 posts
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 20:17
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
Magirius was lost in thought when Ulirch approaches and he startles at the sound of the young noble's words. "Er... I am well," Magirius says cautiously then begins to walk around Ulrich and his companions. But as he passes he whispers, "It's not safe to talk here. Meet me at the 'Blue Cat' in an hour. I fear your suspicions may be true."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:47, Wed 27 Oct 2010.

Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 347 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 20:43
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
"Good night." is all Ulrich says as he passes the councilor. He then heads the opposite way out of the Adel ring with his two companions.
Once outside he suggests that they find another inn for a drink and then go meet Magirius an hour later.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 178 posts
 26/49/2/2 head/body/arm 1
 10/12, 1/2
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 22:31
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
"I say we go straight to the Blue Cat. It will luck suspicious if'n we arrive the same time as Magirus. Besides, I don't trust the man. We should make sure we get there before 'e does."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 348 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 22:47
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
"Good point." Ulrich says as they turn right down and alley and head towards the Blue Cat.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 259 posts
 12/14W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 23:26
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
Svlad nods in agreement and heads off to the tavern keeping a close watch for anyone tailing them or giving them too much undue attention.
GM
 GM, 588 posts
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 03:17
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
ooc: To the Blue Cat thread as the plot thickens!
GM
 GM, 622 posts
Mon 8 Nov 2010
at 22:19
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
ooc: From the blue cat thread as Paulus follows after Magirius

Paulus slips out into the night after Councillor Magirius. The streets have grown mostly deserted at this late hour but there are still a few revelers out on pub crawls around the town. This works both for and against Paulus as he can follow at a greater distance without losing line of sight to the councillor but it also provides him with some close calls as he is almost spotted while moving between alleys and alcoves.

But if Magirius spots Paulus he gives no indication of it and eventually the councillor returns to the Adel Ring and enters one of the smaller estates that surrounds the park. ooc: It's one of the smaller ones in the cluster at 12 o'clock on the map. The fourth one counting from the left to be exact.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 202 posts
 26/49/2/2 head/body/arm 1
 10/12, 1/2
Tue 9 Nov 2010
at 14:11
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
Before he returns to the Blue Cat, Paulus walks past the estate, having a look to see if there is any family symbol on the gateposts
GM
 GM, 623 posts
Tue 9 Nov 2010
at 20:44
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen The Adel Ring
The gates here don't bear any crest, though that doesn't seem to be unusual as none of the smaller estates seem to have that particular bit of decoration. The homes that house the lesser merchant families in this section of the Adel Ring are less ostentatious.