Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 574 posts
Fri 22 Oct 2010
at 10:54
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak arrives back at the "Berebelli" just after sundown but finds few of his new companions present, save for Randulph below deck hanging in a hammock while Gilda tends to his wounds. Wolmar can be heard boistrously playing with his young daughter Ilsa in the rear cabin. From the sounds of it, Wolmar has had a bit to drink and is being loud and knocking things over in his playfulness, much to the delight of Ilsa, whose amused shrieks fill the boat.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 143 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Fri 22 Oct 2010
at 12:08
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak goes down below looking for Randulph.  Once he find him.. "Eh, where is everyone?  Was ta slow day, hop'n tey found something."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 146 posts
 Human Bailiff
Fri 22 Oct 2010
at 19:54
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Randulph almost doesn't know where to begin. "Well... Ulrich and some of the others went to that lunch meeting with Councillor Magirius. He admitted to being a member of the Ordo Septenarius but dismissed the notion of daemons as rubbish. Then, when the meeting broke up, they were attacked by an old 'friend' of ours from back in Altdorf named Leopold. Ulrich bested him in a duel a few days back and he was looking for a bit of revenge. They sent him off with his tail between his legs again.

"Then Connor ran into some lunatic on the street who told him he was tainted by chaos or something and then ran away,"
Randulph laughs a bit uncomfortably. "We all know Connor's not tainted. I mean, he just happened to have an uncanny resemblence to somebody called the Magister Impedimentae of a secret society being pursued by a bounty hunter. None of that could be Connor's fault, right?" he says with a lack of conviction as if he is trying to talk himself out of his own growing suspicions.

"Anyways, Connor tracked the guy down to his home on the north bank but found him murdered. He was wearing a medallion shaped like the Teugen family crest that was inscribed with a message from Johannes Teugen's older brother Karl.

"But more interesting still, Connor made contact with the Steinhager servant he bribed yesterday. He brought us an invitation to an Ordo Septenarius meeting that's taking place soon at the Teugen estate. That's where Ulrich, Svlad and Paulus are right now. They're staking it out to see what they can learn. Connor and Otto went to the Steinhager Office to... uh... make some "inquiries" while the place is empty for the night."


"How about you? Learn anything more about that dwarf we found murdered in the sewers?"
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 144 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Fri 22 Oct 2010
at 21:02
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak listen intently to the details, "I wish i had as much luk as ya'll did.  Something abut a bounty unter getting attack, but nut much more.  Did run into a fellow looking into similar stuff.  Ehs says ehs from one of your manling Magic Colleges.  Said eh was investigating rumors of te powerful familyes dealing in demons.  Eh wants to visit te room we found in tat sewers."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 147 posts
 Human Bailiff
Sat 23 Oct 2010
at 11:26
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"A bounty hunter getting attacked? Was this a story of something than happened perhaps in Weissbruck?" Randulf asks with a hint of smile creeping up his face. "Imrak, I think you might have been hearing a bit about the misadventure we had before we met you. We were the ones who fought with a bounty hunter recently, though for the record, he was the one attacking us. I can't believe we hadn't told you this story."

Randulph shrugs, amused that they had gained some level of repute, before switching topics. "As for returning to the sewers, I think that's a good idea. In fact, I've been suggesting it for days now. Who knows what clues that iron cabinet holds?"
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 145 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Sat 23 Oct 2010
at 14:35
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak laughs, "Well, we ah aven't much time to.. ah .. socialize yet.  Not ta sure tabout ta .. wizard.  But, we shud go an investigate again.  Still not ta sure why we didn't do it in ta firs plac."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 148 posts
 Human Bailiff
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 10:49
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Randulf shrugs, equally baffled by the course of the investigation. "I don't know. For some reason we decided that instead of looking into collecting physical evidence we would find try to find our answers in the bottom of beer steins and through alehouse gossip. Though, in all fairness, we've collected a fair bit of information that way. Perhaps there is something to that classical saying, 'In vino veritas'. In wine there is truth." Randulf chuckles at his own joke. Connor had brought him a cask of small beer earlier and though it may be weak, Randulf has apparently had enough to be feeling the effects. That, or he had gotten into Josef's hidden stash of Reikland wines.

"Anyway, I'm afraid I won't be able to join you in the sewers just yet. My wounds are not yet healed, you see. Perhaps some of the others will be back soon though.

"But you say you you've encountered some sort of magister? Did he seem trustworthy? If he is, then he might make for a powerful ally." Randulf muses.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 146 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 12:22
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Well, he did av a gold midallion, tat he sa'd was from the ..  Gold College of Magic.  But eh far as trustworthy.. how trustworthy are te Manling wizards.."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 149 posts
 Human Bailiff
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 20:00
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak Ragnar:
"how trustworthy are te Manling wizards.."

"Good point," Randulf agrees. "I was never happy with the decision back in Middenheim to include sorcerers in the city defense. How can you trust anyone who works with the very fabric of chaos?

"Still... we may soon be drawn into a violent conflict if we wish to put a stop to this Ordo Septenarius," Randulf says while staring down into his cup. "Perhaps we should embrace the wisdom of Magnus the Pious and fight fire with fire. If our enemies are going to bring foul magicks to bear against us, it might be advantageous to have some of our own available."
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 147 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 01:18
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak nods, "Eye, Yah ma be right.  Everting as a purpos.  Plus an ally is still an ally."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 150 posts
 Human Bailiff
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 05:56
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Exactly. We're up against some very wealthy and influential people here. Frankly we could use all the help we can get."

"So were you going to try to check out the sewers tonight or wait until the morning?"
Randulf asks.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 148 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 12:01
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Well, tis not much diffence batween night and day duwn ther, but need more of ta fellas.."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 151 posts
 Human Bailiff
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 19:59
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
The sounds of footsteps coming up the gangplank and onto the deck can be heard from up above.
"Ah, that must be our returning companions now," Randulf says.

But instead of familiar voices coming down the stairs, there comes the murmur of a few gruff and unfriendly voices followed by the sound of a crate smashing and a few splashes.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:08, Thu 28 Oct 2010.

Imrak Ragnar
 player, 149 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 12:11
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak readies his Axe and Shield, and moves to see what is going on.

OOC: Hopefully my night vision allows me to see them first ;)
GM
 GM, 593 posts
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 18:01
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Don't smash 'em! Toss 'em overboard!" one of the gruff voices says admonishingly to another as Imrak climbs the stairs. When he reaches the top he finds eight burly looking men in common clothing standing on the deck. Several of them hold crates pulled from the forward cargo compartment and are in the process of throwing them overboard. Two more flank the top of the stairs, slapping their cudgels into the palms of their hands in a threatening manner.

The oldest and fattest of their number turns to Imrak and says, "Good, someone is here. We've got a message for you..."
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 152 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 18:28
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak Goes into a defensive posture, his thoughts going to Wolmar and his daughter, and the wounded Randulf.  He can't possibly win an 8 to 1 fight...

He holds his axe and shield ready, to defend himself.  "Yah tink wa would av left tis boat unguard, wit the rable in tis town, yah are going to be sorry..."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:32, Thu 28 Oct 2010.

GM
 GM, 597 posts
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 18:50
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Two of the thugs set down their crates and look eager for a fight. They sneer and posture, a few draw their clubs and hurl taunts back at Imrak but they look to their leader for permission and the signal doesn't come.

"Keep your noses out of what don't concern you. If you don't, you might wake up one morning at the bottom of the river," the lead thug says menacingly. "Why don't you try your luck somewhere else, eh? I hear Altdorf is lovely at this time of year," he suggests with faux innocence.
The thugs chuckle at this and then their leader gives them a 'c'mon' type signal with his hand. The thugs holding crates or with crates still at their feet pick them up and hurl them into the river for good measure before following their leader as he saunters arrogantly down the gangplank.

ooc: Roll perception to notice something about them.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:51, Thu 28 Oct 2010.

Imrak Ragnar
 player, 154 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Fri 29 Oct 2010
at 00:46
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak curses them as they leave, and is quite concerned with what they have thrown over, but he has no way to get at it in the dark.  He goes and finds Randulf and Wolmar, to let them know what has happened.
GM
 GM, 604 posts
Sat 30 Oct 2010
at 05:41
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak finds a wary looking Wolmar and Gilda crouched near the bottom of the stairs. They peek upwards with frightened faces, eager for an explanation of what is going on.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 157 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Mon 1 Nov 2010
at 17:09
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak explains what has happened.  He explains they wanted to send a message, and doesn't expect them back tonight.  But he does suggest they keep an eye out for trouble.

"I tink we may need mor peples, if yah are fine, I should find out what the others are up to..."
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 158 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Mon 1 Nov 2010
at 19:23
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak will plan on finding some of the others, or this new potential ally.  He doesn't expect them to be back tonight, and he's not one for fishing out Crates from the water..
GM
 GM, 608 posts
Mon 1 Nov 2010
at 19:54
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Randulf, Wolmar, and Gilda are worried at the news but are just thankful that the thugs are gone. They are wholely supportive of the idea of having more people on the boat and the added protection that it would bring.

ooc: Feel free to go looking for your friends. It takes you a while but since their stories are a bit further in the timeline you can jump into the Blue Cat thread (and perhaps make some further introductions).
GM
 GM, 627 posts
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 20:58
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
The group members reassemble back at the Berebeli under the watchful eye of Morrslieb's grinning face. As the night has worn on, the moon has grown larger to the point that it fills nearly a quarter of the visible sky and seems to be hanging so low that you could almost touch it from the tallest roofs in Bogenhafen.

Otto and Connor are the first to arrive, with book and papers in hand. They are followed not long after by the arrival of Svlad, Imrak and Ulrich as they return from the second meeting with Magirius of the day. Paulus is the last to arrive a few minutes later as he relocates his companions after following Magirius to a home on the Adel Ring.

Connor had begun to look through the book and the papers but was being severely hindered by his illiteracy. Luckily, Randulf was able to be of some assictance (ooc: See maps and docs thread for the letter found in Steinhager's desk). Randulf couldn't make much sense of the book though. It was written in a language he doesn't understand and complains that staring at the strange, spidery script makes his head hurt. He does locate a name written in the front of the book though. Johannes Teugen.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 373 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 22:04
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich arrives at the boat and explains all what has happened at the inn. After reading the note found at the Teugen estate he addresses the group.

"Tomorrow evening people, that is when we will face the darkness of chaos. No doubt there will be blood spill and violence. I fear that the corruption of some of these merchants have taken such root that only death can release them. I ask you all to prepare yourself tonight for tomorrow."
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 269 posts
 12/14W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Thu 11 Nov 2010
at 00:07
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
After checking to make sure the ship and Josef are okay Svlad will head to bed early and volunteer for a late night watch. "We should rest but post some watches in case of more trouble.  We are not out on the open sea yet."