Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 451 posts
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 05:46
Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Marktag, the 2nd of Pflugzeit- Final day of the Schaffenfest and 2 days after the spring equinox.

It's a dreary and overcast day that promises rain when you awaken, Ulrich in his private room at The Journey's End Inn and the others in the cabin of the Berebelli, moored on the shores of the River Bogen.

ooc: Ulrich please mark off 10 shillings for the room. Everyone is back to full FPs and everyone (who isn't seriously wounded) regainst 1 wound for natural healing.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:48, Thu 26 Aug 2010.

Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 138 posts
 Human Bailiff
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 06:47
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Randulf is slow to rise from his hammock this morning and when he does, the room spins and he collapses. While helping him back into bed, the others observe that his wounds from the daemon's claws are pussey and ringed with red streaks, a sure sign of infection. A check of Randulf's head reveals that he is burning up with fever! It is clear that Randulf won't be going anywhere for a while.

ooc: Randulf is away from the game right now, so he's going to stay here for the moment. Don't be too alarmed.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:29, Thu 26 Aug 2010.

Josef Quartjin
 NPC, 39 posts
 Boatman and Merchant
 Captain of the Berebeli
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 07:05
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Josef emerges from his private cabin bleary eyed from another night of drinking to excess. He scratches his belly idly as his hung over brain slowly processes the images he is seeing. Josef gives a long yawn and stretches before saying, "Mornin' lads!" he starts in his usual loud and jovial tone then stops and places a hand to his head before continuing in a whisper.  "I 'aven't barely seen you lot since we came ashore.  Been enjoyin' the festival?"
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 210 posts
 Human Seaman
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 13:27
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Morning Josef!  I'd like to say yes but we've been real busy...."  Svlad looks to the others for permission to say something further.  Josef is his friend and all but Svlad has already let the cat out of the bag once so to speak.
Otto Kliest
 player, 170 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 20:28
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto gets up from below deck... and heads on deck looking at the others "Have you seen Ulrich?"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 256 posts
 Human Noble
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 20:43
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich got up in the early morning, he was in a very good mood after yesterdays challenges. He took a quick bath before proceeding downstairs to get a good hearty meal in the common room.

Once there he ordered some bread, cheese, sausage and wine and ate in silence while contemplating what the day would bring.
GM
 GM, 452 posts
Thu 26 Aug 2010
at 22:50
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
ooc: Will Ulrich be dressing in his noble's garb or his studded leather armor for the day?
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 257 posts
 Human Noble
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 01:26
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
In reply to GM (msg #7):

Nobles garb for now.
Josef Quartjin
 NPC, 40 posts
 Boatman and Merchant
 Captain of the Berebeli
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 03:10
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Svlad Sejelli:
"Morning Josef!  I'd like to say yes but we've been real busy...."  Svlad looks to the others for permission to say something further.  Josef is his friend and all but Svlad has already let the cat out of the bag once so to speak.


"Oh! Not so loud lad!" Josef winces. "At least not 'til I've had a taste of the hair of the dog that bit me," he says as he uncorks a bottle and takes a swig.

Wiping his mouth with the sleeve of his night shirt, he lets out a satisfied sound and says, "Indeed, there is a lot at the festival to keep a man busy-" his sentence is then cut off by a bedraggled looking woman exiting Josef's cabin and quickly excusing herself from the room as she does a head down walk of shame right off of the boat. Josef laughs, "The riverside taverns have a thing or two to keep a man busy as well," he adds with a wink.
Connor Dugan
 player, 306 posts
 Human Vagabond
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 03:39
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor sleeps in.
GM
 GM, 454 posts
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 07:12
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto Kliest:
Otto gets up from below deck... and heads on deck looking at the others "Have you seen Ulrich?"


Josef's two deckhands, Wolmar and Gilda exchange a confused look before Wolmar shrugs his shoulders and says, "We thought he was with you guys. He's not in the cabin?"
GM
 GM, 455 posts
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 07:27
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
As Ulrich eats his meal a servant approaches. "Ulrich Von Wolfenstein? I have a letter for you," he says as he hands over a sealed document then lingers in expectant hope for a tip.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 137 posts
 26/49/2/2 body 1 arms 1
 10/12, 2/2
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 12:19
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Ulrich stayed at the inn last night," Paulus explains. "Don't suppose the Berbelli, splendid as it is for us riff raff, is suitable accommodation for a nobleman."

Paulus is looking refreshed this morning, close to fully healed from the earlier encounter with the demon, and not having had the time to get drunk at the festival.

"Josef, 'as it ever 'appened that you've 'ad dealin's with the local merchant guild, in your capacity as a river trader? We is startin' to think they is a corrupt bunch in this town."
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 93 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 12:57
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak get's up with the rest, having enjoy a restful sleep.  "eh, ony pl'ce unda a ruf, be good."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 258 posts
 Human Noble
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 15:04
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"From who?" he asks as he flips the man a shilling. After wiping his hands and without expecting an answer from the messenger he opens the sealed envelope and takes out the letter.
Otto Kliest
 player, 171 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 15:08
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto hurriedly heads to the inn  to catch up with Ulrich.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 211 posts
 12/13W 3/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 15:40
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Svlad laughs at Josef's remarks.  "Me and the other men have been too busy....working.  How long you planning on staying in port?  We'd like to get this loose business done and hopefully be able to see some of the sights.  You just yell if you need any help, and we all appreciate what you've done for us."
Otto Kliest
 player, 172 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 15:56
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto rushes into the Inn  trying to catch his breath.   Seeing Ulrich he moves to his table.  "Ulrich... (wheeze)  noble  ... going .... to shoot   ... (gasP)... you..."  " I ... need ... a drink"
Josef Quartjin
 NPC, 41 posts
 Boatman and Merchant
 Captain of the Berebeli
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 16:05
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Paulus Greenbottom:
"Josef, 'as it ever 'appened that you've 'ad dealin's with the local merchant guild, in your capacity as a river trader? We is startin' to think they is a corrupt bunch in this town."


"As corrupt as they come my boy!" Josef whispers excitedly. "The guild has such a hold on the city that it's almost impossible to turn a profit as an outsider. Hidden taxes here! Hidden taxes there! It's a wonder that I managed to turn any profit at all! Bunch of vipers if you ask me," he grumbles.

When Imrak joins the crowd Josef laughs, "Friend, I don't understand a word you're saying but welcome aboard! Hopefully you fare a bit better than Svlad's last dwarf friend."

"Speaking of which, I disposed of Gromzahl yesterday while you were out... he was starting to stink up the place so I turned him over to the mourner's guild and donated his hammer to the church of Sigmar in exchange for some prayers that we be forgiven of any wrongdoing in that Adolphus affair like we discussed.

"I also managed to sell the leftover goods as well,"
Josef says as he lays 22 Karls and 15 shillings worth of various coin on the table.

In answer to Svlad's question he says, "Another two or three days at least. I've found buyers for my wine but I'm still arranging my next cargo. I'm thinking of trying my hand at trading some livestock. There have been some good prices at the festival market," he muses.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:07, Fri 27 Aug 2010.

GM
 GM, 456 posts
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 16:15
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein:
"From who?" he asks as he flips the man a shilling. After wiping his hands and without expecting an answer from the messenger he opens the sealed envelope and takes out the letter.


"Herr Magirius sir," the servants says humbly while avoiding eye contact for fear of a beating. He catches the shilling and quickly departs.

The letter has been written in ink with a very fine quill. It's a short note that reads: I can answer your questions about the Ordo Septenarius. Please find me at the Merchant's Guild and we will discuss the matter over lunch.

The letter is signed, Councillor Friedrich Magirius.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 212 posts
 12/13W 3/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 16:44
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Josef Quartjin:
"Another two or three days at least. I've found buyers for my wine but I'm still arranging my next cargo. I'm thinking of trying my hand at trading some livestock. There have been some good prices at the festival market," he muses.


"I hope we are all done by then...and mind you be careful with the livestock.  I just saw what wandered out of your cabin.  You've been out to sea too long my friend."  Svlad gives his ole' buddy a friendly punch in the arm before wandering off to see the others and plan for another day of espionage and intreague.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 259 posts
 Human Noble
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 16:52
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich looks up from the letter as Otto barges in on him. With a puzzled look on his face he gestures to Otto to sit down "Easy there my friend. Are you ok?" he then waves at the barkeep to bring Otto a drink.
Otto Kliest
 player, 173 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 18:01
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I will be...  I went and had a look around the Adel ring last night...  I didn't find anything that would help us... but I did see that fop  you bested in a duel, bad mouthing you  and saying he was going to take care of you with a firearm..  just thought you should know."  He then wait patiently for his drink and gulps it down.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 260 posts
 Human Noble
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 18:23
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Hmmmmmmm" Ulrich hums while he scratches his chin analyzing the news Otto just gave him. "Did you see who he was with? And how many they were?" he asks Otto while he gazes down once more to read the letter.
Otto Kliest
 player, 174 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 18:32
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"There were two other nobles, I would remeber them if I saw them but I didn't know them..."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 261 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 19:00
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I think its time I finish off this guy once and for all. Did they say when and where they would strike? It should be done before we continue our investigation into the Steinhagers, otherwise I fear the idiot can interfere with our mission."

He then hands the letter to Otto "I just received this today. I find it very suspicious that someone knows about it besides us."
Otto Kliest
 player, 175 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 19:12
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Otto smiles...  and pushes the letter back... you could tell me that the Crown prince sent that.. I can't read...  Whats it say?"
Connor Dugan
 player, 307 posts
 Human Vagabond
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 20:29
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor lazily stretches and walks out on to the deck. "Uhhhhggggg" Connor says getting out the last of his stretch. "Where is everyone at?"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 262 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 20:51
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich mumbles a low apology for forgetting that not everyone can read. "It says "I can answer your questions about the Ordo Septenarius. Please find me at the Merchant's Guild and we will discuss the matter over lunch." and its signed by Councillor Friedrich Magirius. Have you heard that name before?"
Josef Quartjin
 NPC, 42 posts
 Boatman and Merchant
 Captain of the Berebeli
Sat 28 Aug 2010
at 19:57
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Svlad Sejelli:
"I hope we are all done by then...and mind you be careful with the livestock.  I just saw what wandered out of your cabin.  You've been out to sea too long my friend."  Svlad gives his ole' buddy a friendly punch in the arm before wandering off to see the others and plan for another day of espionage and intreague.


Josef gives a loud laugh that leaves him holding his head in pain. "Ohhh, don't do that. Not so early," he says, "Besides that lass was a beauty, though I could have sworn she had more teeth when I first saw her last night." Josef adds while trying to piece together the previous evening through his beer goggled memory.
Connor Dugan
 player, 308 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sat 28 Aug 2010
at 20:17
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"So did Ulrich share what we learned at the tavern last night?" Connor said to those one the boat.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 138 posts
 26/49/2/2 body 1 arms 1
 10/12, 2/2
Sat 28 Aug 2010
at 23:07
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"No, he ain't made it back yet. Do tell, Conor."
Connor Dugan
 player, 309 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sat 28 Aug 2010
at 23:12
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Well it appears that the Counciler who we worked for that night has suddenly fallen sick...they expect him to die this week. There is something rotten in this town." Connor says, surveying the area around the boat.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 139 posts
 26/49/2/2 body 1 arms 1
 10/12, 2/2
Sun 29 Aug 2010
at 14:45
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Hmm. Y'think the Steinhagers and Teugens had summit to do with that? Or is all the shady goin's-on in this town just makin' me suspicious of every little thing wot 'appens."
Josef Quartjin
 NPC, 43 posts
 Boatman and Merchant
 Captain of the Berebeli
Sun 29 Aug 2010
at 20:54
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Sick you say?" Josef says, suddenly looking concerned. He covers his mouth and nose with a hand and excuses himself back to his cabin, mumbling an excuse about needing to retrieve something.
Otto Kliest
 player, 176 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 02:30
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
ooc: GM Posting for Otto since Ulrich is waiting for him just to say 'no."

Otto considered for a moment but then shook his head slowly. The name was new to him. Things just kept getting more and more complicated.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 263 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 04:09
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich finishes the rest of his ale slides the letter into a jacket pocket and gets up. "Lets get back to the boat and find the others and put a plan together.Come."

The two of them exit the inn and hurry towards the docks, keeping an eye out for any one tailing them or the foppish noble.
GM
 GM, 457 posts
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 08:35
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto and Ulrich make their way through the garlanded streets and the throngs of fairegoers heading towards the town's gates to enjoy the last day of the festival. Some of the entertainers have gotten an early start on things and are plying their craft on street corners, entertaining the foot traffic with juggling, music, acrobatics, and fire breathing.

As the two men travel they get a strange feeling in their gut that tells them that they're being watched though they aren't able to pick out a source from the crowded streets. Despite the ominous feeling they arrive back at the Berebelli safe and sound, ready to discuss the next step in the investigation.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 264 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 16:18
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
As they made their way through the city Ulrich's hand was resting on the hilt of his saber. "Things are getting serious now...." he thought to himself after being unable to spot the tail he so strongly felt. Arriving at the docks he quickly jumps down on the boat and finds the others.

"Good morning, my friends." he says as he spots Josef heading below deck.

"A lot has happened over night. I was approached by a servant with a letter from Councillor Friedrich Magirius, and Otto here overheard a planned assassination attempt on me by the noble i bested the other day. I think we, or at least I am in for a rough few days." he says solemnly.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 95 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 16:24
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak listens to Ulrich, and starts to smile "Tis fair, tis worken up to some good ol fun."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 265 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 16:34
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Yeah, well this time the coward is carrying a pistol."
Connor Dugan
 player, 310 posts
 Human Vagabond
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 17:13
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I remember a time where all I was worried about was my next meal...not attempts on our lives. How are we going to handle this?" Connor said looking around at his companions. "If you are being followed then you lead them back to Josef's boat...maybe we should post guard again."
Otto Kliest
 player, 177 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 17:28
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I think we need to go talk to the Counciler."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 266 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 17:39
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"They most likely already know about the boat, but we should be using guards at night. I would prefer if we handle the noble first. If we are in trouble later on and he and his buddies barge in on us, it could be very unlucky."
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 213 posts
 12/13W 3/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 18:16
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Do you think this is related to our investigation or is it just another bout of bad luck plaguing us?"
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 140 posts
 26/49/2/2 body 1 arms 1
 10/12, 2/2
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 18:26
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Who is this Magirus fellow an' wot does 'is letter say," Paulus asked.

While the conversation continues, Paulus considers the threat of the noble Leopold. Suddenly, he has a bright idea.

"That fop with the pistol won't be a problem. This very day, 'e will receive a letter from Herr Max Ernst of Altdorf, warnin' 'im to get outta Bogenhafen 'afore a band of bounty hunters arrive to lynch 'im. Let me just see if Josef 'as any writing equipment."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:26, Mon 30 Aug 2010.

Otto Kliest
 player, 178 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 18:31
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Wait  wasn't he walking around with Max  threatening the locals to begin with?"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 267 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 18:50
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Paulus, I dont think that will scare them. Im feeling we need to confront them once and for all..." Ulrich says as he digs out the letter.

He steps a little closer to the small group and quietly reads the letter out loud to them

I can answer your questions about the Ordo Septenarius. Please find me at the Merchant's Guild and we will discuss the matter over lunch.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 141 posts
 26/49/2/2 body 1 arms 1
 10/12, 2/2
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 20:16
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"We 'ave bigger fish to fry than that nobleman. We need 'im outta the way so's we can take care of this Ordo wotcha-call-'ems. Besides, the bugger seems cowardly 'nuff that 'e might leave if'n is thug from Altdorf warns 'im he might be in trouble 'ere."
GM
 GM, 458 posts
Tue 31 Aug 2010
at 03:08
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Writing equipment is easy enough to find on the boat. Josef's long ago learned that he would have to start keeping records if he was going to find success as a merchant.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 268 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Tue 31 Aug 2010
at 03:56
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"No, its too dangerous if he does not bite and leave the city. He must be taken out, either killed or captured and held. I have a feeling that the Order may be more than we can handle." Ulrich replied to the halfling, his tone was extremely serious.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 142 posts
 26/49/2/2 body 1 arms 1
 10/12, 2/2
Tue 31 Aug 2010
at 09:36
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I don't see 'ow writin' the letter would make things dangerous. 'Ow would 'e ever know the letter came from us? As far as 'e knows, we're all in the dark 'bout his plot to kill you. As fer murderin' or kidnappin' a noble, that would give the Order the perfect excuse to 'ave us all arrested."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 269 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Tue 31 Aug 2010
at 15:26
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Writing the letter is not dangerous. The dangerous part if he does not take the bait and gets involved and intervenes with our investigation. And for him being noble, he is not from anywhere near here so he has as much to say as i do. The city will most likely just dismiss it as an internal dispute as long as we dont harm anyone from the city. And yes I will not hesitate to kill him after what Otto overheard."
Otto Kliest
 player, 179 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Tue 31 Aug 2010
at 16:47
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I'm not smart like you all but being a noble cant you just openly challenge him...  and take care of it then and there?"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 270 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Tue 31 Aug 2010
at 18:38
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich nods to Otto and adds "He has a pistol, I dont...gives him an advantage."
Connor Dugan
 player, 311 posts
 Human Vagabond
Tue 31 Aug 2010
at 19:07
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Is there someone who can lend you a pistol for the duel? Surely one of the nobles you've met could loan you one."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 271 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Tue 31 Aug 2010
at 19:23
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich shrugs "I didnt notice anyone who had a pistol. There may be one person though...then again, I am not sure I can hit with it." he finishes wondering where he could possibly find Konrad and if he was still in the city.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 96 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Tue 31 Aug 2010
at 19:29
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak listens to the exchange, "Well, te don't looks ike eh wants ta play fair.  New honor in tat one."
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 143 posts
 26/49/2/2 body 1 arms 1
 10/12, 2/2
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 13:50
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Paulus realises that talking a human down from a fight is about as easy as getting a halfling to go on a diet.

"All right, Ulrich," he concedes. "'Ave it your own way. Since it's your 'ead wot's on the choppin' block, we'll follow your lead. Now 'ow 'bout that other matter? Are you meetin' that councillor fellow fer lunch?"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 273 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 15:21
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I'd rather face him head on or be the one ambushing than being shot in the back. But, to answer your other question, yes I think we should meet up with the councilor. I dont know if we all should go, but I think at least one of you should accompany me there. Any volunteers?"
Connor Dugan
 player, 314 posts
 Human Vagabond
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 15:33
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Well... bullets don't discriminate. He could be aimed at Ulrich's back, back take your little halfling head from your shoulders instead, my diminutive friend." Connor says with a chuckle. "Such is life, however, so lets go see this councilor already."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 274 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 15:38
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"The meeting is not until lunch time. Otto, I would like you to see if you can track down Leopold, where he stays, what his plans are and if possible who will be with him. That would give us a clear advantage." Ulrich suggests.
Otto Kliest
 player, 180 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 16:44
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein:
"The meeting is not until lunch time. Otto, I would like you to see if you can track down Leopold, where he stays, what his plans are and if possible who will be with him. That would give us a clear advantage." Ulrich suggests.



"I'll see what I can turn up..."  With that Otto will head out and look around the Adel Ring and the inn's taverns in the area   and see if he can spot him.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 214 posts
 12/13W 3/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 17:18
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Otto...you want me to come with?  With all the shite going on we should not be heading off alone but I understand you can probably move better on your own and all."
Otto Kliest
 player, 181 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Wed 1 Sep 2010
at 18:13
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Sure come along."  before he leaveshe turns to Paulus

  "Paulus can you write me a letter to the noble  telling him something along the lines  that a he caught the eye of a merchant princes daughter or something and he would like to meet with him at some halfway respectable tavern but not to respectable...  and that she has a huge dowry..."  "Maybe this way we can draw him to us  and Ulrich can openly challenge him..."
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 144 posts
 26/49/2/2 body 1 arms 1
 10/12, 2/2
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 10:47
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Ain't sure that's a good idea, Otto. A duel is one thing, but a letter would be evidence that the noble was lured somewhere to be murdered. I think it's better to find 'im and make it look like Ulrich just 'appened to show up."
Otto Kliest
 player, 182 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 20:20
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto shrugs and heads out to find the noble with Svlad help.
Connor Dugan
 player, 315 posts
 Human Vagabond
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 21:06
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I'll go ask about that guy's death at the warehouse. Anyone want to come with me?" Connor asked the group, then heads toward that district.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 215 posts
 12/13W 3/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 22:18
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto Kliest:
Otto shrugs and heads out to find the noble with Svlad help.


Svlad follows Otto's lead, eager to learn more about this sort of thing.  Been a long time since he's been out to sea and this whole landlubber thing seemed just as dangerous...and a whole lot more complicated.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 276 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 22:39
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Ill stay put here until the lunch or Otto comes back." Ulrich says as plops down on the rail with his back to the water. His eyes the docks and all the people working there looking for any suspicious activity.
GM
 GM, 461 posts
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 12:31
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Svlad and Otto spend the morning checking taverns for Leopold Von Wimple but don't have much luck. Perhaps Leopold has given up on his slumming for the establishments catering to the lower classes don't seem to have heard of him and the finer establishments give the rat catcher and the seaman the cold shoulder or on a few occasions won't let them in at all!

The Adel Ring isn't much better. The two men stick out like a sore thumb in their lower class clothing and the guards are quick to approach them and shoo them away from the area or risk arrest.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 216 posts
 12/13W 3/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 12:44
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Svlad keeps an eye open for any tails or anyone seeming to give them too much of an eyeball.  It seems like a failed day but he waits to see if Otto is ready to call it or not.
Otto Kliest
 player, 183 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 12:54
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
While the guards are trying to shoo us away  Otto will ask  "Have you seen Master Wimple... we have a message for him  or might you know where we can find him?"  I'll also describe his crest which I am sure he was wearing.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 145 posts
 26/49/2/2 body 1 arms 1
 10/12, 2/2
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 17:52
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor Dugan:
"I'll go ask about that guy's death at the warehouse. Anyone want to come with me?" Connor asked the group, then heads toward that district.


"I'll come along with you, Connor."
GM
 GM, 463 posts
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 06:56
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
In reply to Otto Kliest (msg #73):

The guards shrug their soldiers with disinterest. "I don't know who that is. If we see him we'll tell him you're lookin' for 'im."

"Move along now," a second guard adds. They don't seem very motivated to be of help.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 217 posts
 12/13W 3/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Sun 5 Sep 2010
at 15:32
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Well Otto seems like that is a bust.  Where to now?"  Svlad is disappointed theyt did not find anything but not surprised.  It seems there are many more questions than answers...
Otto Kliest
 player, 184 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Sun 5 Sep 2010
at 18:26
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I guess back to Ulrich..."  with that they head to meet up with the noble.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 218 posts
 12/13W 3/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Mon 6 Sep 2010
at 20:06
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto Kliest:
"I guess back to Ulrich..."  with that they head to meet up with the noble.


Disappointed Svlad chats with Otto and keeps an eye out for trouble as they look for Ulrich.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 277 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Mon 6 Sep 2010
at 20:23
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich has been relaxing anxiously on the boat awaiting the return of the group members who went out scouting. He continues to evaluate the dangerous game he is playing with Leopold, but he needs Leopolds pistol to be anywhere close to join the  Kemperbad Pistoliers.

He looks up as he hears Svlad and Otto jump down on the boat deck.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 98 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Tue 7 Sep 2010
at 12:53
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak has been enjoying a break on the boat, also awaiting news.  He figures it's to early to find out much more at the tavern.  Hopefully he can run into this servant..
Otto Kliest
 player, 185 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Tue 7 Sep 2010
at 16:14
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"We couldn't find him Ulrich, we 'll just have to keep our eyes peeled."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 281 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Wed 8 Sep 2010
at 15:03
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich nods to Otto "Thanks for trying, lets get going. Its almost lunch time." he says with a smile pondering how his companions will be be received at the councilors.
GM
 GM, 473 posts
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 07:12
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor Dugan:
If the festival is still in town Connor will head to the Vendors and look for any oddities. If they aren't he will go chat up that pregnant Fraulein back at the bar.

ooc: It's the final day of the Schaffenfest so the vendors are still present. If you're looking for oddities I'll point you to the Vendors thread and the Medicine Show thread for flavor and descriptions. If there is something in particular you're looking for post it in that thread and I'll roll to see if it's available. But on your way back from conducting that business...

As Connor walks through one of the town squares on his way back from buying a new set of dashing clothes and inspecting the oddities available at the faire he passes by a filthy looking old wretch of a man with long scraggly hair. If Imrak were present he would recognize him as the man who was shouting at the moon the day before. The man stands on a street corner amidst a crowd of people shouting and shaking his fist at nothing in particular. Most of it is typical nonsense like, "Doomed! We are all DOOMED! Chaos is upon us! The signs are everywhere!"

But as Connor draws near the madman swivels his head to stare vacantly at Connor amidst the crowd while droning with a suddenly hollow voice, "I see seven and I see nine, and all they had will be mine, mine, mine!
"The star within the circle is the sign of death! Beware the man who is not a man!"


The madman then sways unsteadily for a moment with a look on his face akin to a man suddenly awoken from a dream. Once free of the reverie he focuses once more on Connor and points a gnarled old finger accusingly towards him and in a voice full of shock and horror he shouts, "The mark is upon you! Beware the bringers of Chaos!" before backing away and then fleeing into the crowd.
Connor Dugan
 player, 321 posts
 Human Vagabond
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 15:20
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
OOC: I have my new clothes still bundled, not wearing them.

Connor looks around with a smile, trying to ensure that no one took the man seriously about him having the mark of chaos, but still makes his way to follow the man as fast as he can without making a scene.
GM
 GM, 474 posts
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 18:15
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
A few people around Connor make the sign of the hammer and shy away from him but the majority just chuckle along with him. The madman had been raving for days and nobody took what he had to say too seriously at this point.

ooc: The module calls for a spot check to not lose him in the crowd. I guess the 2nd edition equivilent of that would be a perception check.
Connor Dugan
 player, 322 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sat 11 Sep 2010
at 00:02
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
OOC: Used an FP and still failed...

Losing sight of the man Connor starts asking people in the crowd if they saw where the man went.
GM
 GM, 476 posts
Sat 11 Sep 2010
at 07:22
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
A group of half drunk mercenaries with two day beards dressed in a hodge podge of military dress and civilian clothing shrug their shoulders indifferently at Connor's question but a street juggler points towards the river and says, "I think he went that way."
Connor Dugan
 player, 323 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sat 11 Sep 2010
at 12:31
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor will keep asking until he finds the man, or if 20 mins pass and no one say anything, he will head somewhere else.
GM
 GM, 477 posts
Sun 12 Sep 2010
at 02:32
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Asking around and following the directions of the few pedestrians who seem to know what Connor is talking about leads him to the banks of the river where he arrives just in time to see the old man being ferried across the river from Kringler's Ferry to the opposite bank, an area of slums known as 'The Pit.'
Connor Dugan
 player, 324 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sun 12 Sep 2010
at 14:27
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"PLEASE HERR, I JUST WANT TO TALK!" Connor yells across the river at the ferry. He looks around for another boat that can ferry him across too.
GM
 GM, 478 posts
Mon 13 Sep 2010
at 20:37
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
The crazed doomsayer looks back and opens his eyes wide when he sees that he is being followed by Connor. He gesticulates wildly as he shouts something and pushes through the crowd of people to the far side of the ferry but Connor is too far away to make out the words.

The ferry is the only vessel designated for crossing the river but the shore is dotted with river boats of various sizes and small rowboats used for fishing.
Connor Dugan
 player, 325 posts
 Human Vagabond
Mon 13 Sep 2010
at 20:42
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor waits around for the ferry to return. When the Ferry-man returns, Connor says "I'm trying my hardest to talk to the man that just crossed. Do you know where he was going?"
The Ferryman
Mon 13 Sep 2010
at 20:55
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Who? The madman who was shouting at you and ranting about the end of the world?" the ferryman asks while rolling his eyes to indicate how he feels about the madman's predictions.

"That was Ulthar the Unstable. Not sure what you could possibly want to talk to him for. Most people avoid that as much as possible since his mind went south a few years back. He crosses here 'most every day so I imagine he lives in some hovel over yonder in 'the pit.'"
Connor Dugan
 player, 326 posts
 Human Vagabond
Mon 13 Sep 2010
at 20:58
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Can you take me across?" Connor asks the ferryman.
The Ferryman
Tue 14 Sep 2010
at 01:00
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Sure, that's my job," the ferryman replies. "That'll be 1 shilling." After collecting the toll the ferryman takes Connor and his next load of passengers across the river to the north bank.

The south bank of the river had been lower class but the north bank takes things to a whole new level. Beyond the row of warehouses and the throngs of working stevedores the streets are unpaved and fouled by all manner of filth and ordure. Lining the streets are ramshackle buildings that look like they were in poor condition ten years ago. The homes are narrow and rundown and the taverns are of the cheap and nasty variety with low ceilings and smokey atmospheres. Dirty and distrustful faces can be seen peeking out from some of the few windows in the neighborhood or through the cracks in slightly ajar doors before being abruptly closed. Here and there a filthy bone picker digs through the trash left rotting in the street for a useful morsel.

"Welcome to The Pit," the ferryman says. "Enjoy your stay."

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:40, Tue 14 Sept 2010.

Connor Dugan
 player, 328 posts
 Human Vagabond
Wed 15 Sep 2010
at 00:45
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Thank you sir, You will continue to run back and forth? I don't want to stay on this side of town to long." Once the ferrymen answers Connor looks around and calls to the closest urchin he can see and offers him a shilling if he can take Connor to Ulthar the Unstable's shack.
GM
 GM, 481 posts
Wed 15 Sep 2010
at 01:58
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"We'll be runnin' back and forth 'til nightfall, then thrice through the night," the ferryman replies while ushering a couple of passengers onto his vessel.

A dirty, rail-thin boy of 10 years with a mess of filthy black hair dressed in tattered and muddy brown rags answers Connor's call. The lad eagerly accepts Connor's offer, saying, "'Fer a shimmy I'll give you the full tour," in a thick cockney accent before heading off to lead Connor through the narrow streets and twisting alleyways of the pit.
Connor Dugan
 player, 331 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Wed 15 Sep 2010
at 18:47
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"No need for full tour young Herr, just take me to the madman's quarters." Connor said to the boy.
GM
 GM, 482 posts
Wed 15 Sep 2010
at 18:59
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
The street urchin points out the taverns along the route. They're all dim and smokey and the boy calls them by such charming names as, "The Dirty Dumpling," and "Whore's Rest."

"An' if you've got some extra coin to spend I'd recommend The Whore's Rest. Me mum could use the work- Ah, here we are," the boy says, gesturing to a crumbling lean-to shed constructed haphazardly from scavenged materials.
Connor Dugan
 player, 332 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Wed 15 Sep 2010
at 19:08
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
After Connor thanks the little scamp, he calls into the shack.

"Herr, are you home? I'd like to talk to you." Connor yells, after knocking on the wall of the shack.
GM
 GM, 484 posts
Wed 15 Sep 2010
at 19:40
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
The young boy runs off happily with his new coin.

Connor's knocks go unanswered but the door to the shack swings open a few inches with an ominous creak.
Connor Dugan
 player, 333 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Wed 15 Sep 2010
at 19:46
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor pushes his way in and looks inside.
GM
 GM, 486 posts
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 02:59
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
The sliver of light from the opened door cuts through the darkened hovel. Garbage is strewn across the ground and a full and stinking chamber pot sits in a corner next to a pile of rags that serve as Ulthar's bed. Fat black flies flit through the air filling the shack with the sound of their buzzing flight.

But all of that is forgotten for the moment as Connor's attention is drawn to the contorted form of the madman from the street corner laying in the middle of the dirt floor. A pool of crimson surrounds his head.
Connor Dugan
 player, 334 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 11:41
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Help, call the Guard!" Connor yells, as he bends down to see if he can help the man.



OOC:
07:40, Today: Connor Dugan rolled 9 using 1d10 with rolls of 9. points if only lightly...yeah right.
07:40, Today: Connor Dugan rolled 34 using 1d100 with rolls of 34. Heal Madman.

GM
 GM, 488 posts
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 20:57
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Alas, it is too late for Ulthar the Unstable. Connor turns him over to find that his throat has been shredded into a bloody ruin. The madman's eyes gaze sightlessly towards the ceiling and his mouth is twisted into an expression of surprise and terror.
Connor Dugan
 player, 335 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Thu 16 Sep 2010
at 21:23
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor stands up and searches for clues while he waits for the guard, wondering how he was going to explain to the guard.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:51, Fri 17 Sept 2010.

GM
 GM, 490 posts
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 12:54
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
A search of the dead man's body and the filthy shack turns up few clues (but lots of flees), though Connor does discover an interesting silver pendant hanging around the man's neck. It is in the symbol of a stylized four petaled rose with a red stone set in the middle of it. There is some writing on the back of it but Connor lacks the education to make sense of the words.
Connor Dugan
 player, 337 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 15:08
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor pulls it of and makes his way to the ferry, when he sees a guard he will tell him he heard a scream from the mans shack.
GM
 GM, 492 posts
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 20:23
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor steps out of the shack and back into the alley, but he doesn't get far. 10 yards from the street a trio of figures step out to block Connor's path.

"Well what 'ave we got 'ere?" the first one says in a threatening tone. He's a tall and thickset man with a three day beard, a low sloping brow and only one ear. He smiles a sinister smile full of chipped and missing teeth. He crosses his arms in front of his chest and stands menacincly close to Connor. A set of brass knuckles adorn his hand.

"Looks like somebody took a wrong turn. Ain't that right jig?" the second man says, sounding eager to please the first. He's a short and scrawny looking man dressed in black rags with male pattern baldness, buck teeth and a narrow face.

"Jes' like I told you pa," the tiny third figure says. It's the street urchin who served as Connor's guide. "Got some mail and a bundle of brand new clothes, jes' like I said."

"You did good boy," the first man says, reaching down to roughly tussle his son's hair before glowering at Connor and saying, "I sure would look nice in those."
Connor Dugan
 player, 339 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 20:35
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor looks terrified at first, then, looking past the man suddenly smiles. "Looks like the guard I called finally arrived. Sorry chaps." As soon as they turn to glance Connor will run full tilt in the other direction, making his way back to the river.

OOC: I have fleet-footed. Wish me luck.
GM
 GM, 493 posts
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 20:39
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
ooc: Roll me an opposed charm test to see if they fall for your bluff or else they will get a chance to act, the same as if you were fleeing from melee range.
Connor Dugan
 player, 340 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 20:45
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
OOF: Failed it...damn.


GM
 GM, 494 posts
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 21:20
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
ooc: You actually managed to fool the street urchin and almost managed to fool the lead footpad too. They failed their WP rolls as well. For an opposed roll it's not required to 'make your roll' (at least the way I handle them), it just matters who has the most degrees of success/least degrees of failure. That being said, you've kind of gotten screwed by skills lately since you have neither perception nor charm. Luckily I'm about to post another round of XP right after this!

The kid looks back over his shoulder for the guards but the two robbers are a little more savvy and don't fall for the old 'look behind you' trick. "Get him!" the larger footpad yells as Connor turns to run. The first thug fails to follow his own advice however, and isn't quite quick enough to get a hand hold on Connor. His partner however, grabs hold of Connor's wrist and holds on tight. "Got 'im Jig!" he crows to the bigger man.

ooc: A successful grapple attack on Connor. Roll agility to worm away and flee. This one will be a straigh success/failure roll per the grappling rules.
Connor Dugan
 player, 341 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 21:29
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3

Agility is something I can do, I have 49 in it....well -10 for the mail shirt but still made it.
17:27, Today: Connor Dugan rolled 4 using 1d100 with rolls of 4. Grapple.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:29, Fri 17 Sept 2010.

GM
 GM, 497 posts
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 22:57
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
The nimble vagabond squirms and twists free from the smaller man's grasp then turns to flee down the alley and out into the street. The two robbers do their best to keep up but even with the extra weight of his mail armor Connor is too fast for them and begins to put some distance between them.

After a minute of running through narrow alleys and twisting corners Connor looks back to see his pursuers giving up on the chase. They slow to a trot and then come to a stop, leaning forward to catch their breath with their hands on their knees.
"I toldjya we shoulda covered both ends of the alley," the smaller man huffs to the larger. The big man named Jig just sneers and punches the smaller man hard in the shoulder out of frustration. "Ow!"
Connor Dugan
 player, 342 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 17 Sep 2010
at 23:06
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor makes his way to the ferry, and while on it, takes the time to inspect the medallion more thoroughly.
GM
 GM, 501 posts
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 09:06
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
ooc: Another shilling for the ride back.



"Leaving so soon?" the ferryman asks with a knowing laugh as he poles the ferry back across the river to the south bank. Connor spends much of the trip turning the medallion over and over in his hands but discovers nothing new about it. It's a simple metal medallion with a red stone in the center of it and an inscription written on the back.
Connor Dugan
 player, 343 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Sat 18 Sep 2010
at 12:05
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor puts the medallion in his pocket and heads to the boat, to see if anyone of his friends that can read will be there.
GM
 GM, 503 posts
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 03:46
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor arrives back at the Berebelli to find it empty except for Randulf who is asleep in a hammock recovering from his infected wounds. When Connor enters the cabin the ex-Bailiff's eyes flutter open and he says, "Oh, hello Connor. Where's everyone else?" in a weak voice.
Connor Dugan
 player, 344 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 12:58
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I think they went to some meeting with a councilor. How are you feeling Randulf? Can you read by any chance?" Connor asked, leaning back against the wall.
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 139 posts
 Human Bailiff
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 18:36
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I'm starting to feel a bit better," Randulf whispers. "I think my fever broke and I've gotten my senses back- enough to read anyways so long as you're not needing me to interpret anything too complex."
Connor Dugan
 player, 345 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 18:40
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Just whatever is written on the back of this medallion I pulled off a loon who was killed." Connor said handing him the medallion.
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 140 posts
 Human Bailiff
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 18:48
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Randulf studies the medallion for a moment before reading aloud the inscription.

"To my dearest friend Ulthar"
             -K.T.

Connor Dugan
 player, 346 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 18:59
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Was there a Teugen with the first name with a K?" Connor said scratching his head. "I don't remember."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 141 posts
 Human Bailiff
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 20:05
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I don't know," Randulf replies with a small shrug from his hammock. "We still know dangerously little about these families. If I was in better health I'd go see what I can learn from the town records or the libraries of the temple of Verena. They're usually pretty thorough in their collection of documents and chronicling of history."
Connor Dugan
 player, 347 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 20:09
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I'd go for you...but the whole not being able to read would make that trip sorta moot." Connor said. "I'm heading back out, do you need anything? I'm going to head back to the bar, and ask about the K.T."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:50, Sun 19 Sept 2010.

Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 142 posts
 Human Bailiff
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 20:52
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"That's true," Randulf says with a rueful smile.

"Pick me up something to drink, would you?" Randulf asks. "I'm getting tired of drinking barrel water here on the ship."
Connor Dugan
 player, 348 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Sun 19 Sep 2010
at 20:54
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Ale? Brandy? Name it and I'm buying, hate to see someone I've traveled with laid up." Connor says.
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 143 posts
 Human Bailiff
Mon 20 Sep 2010
at 06:53
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Thanks Connor, you're a good friend," Randulf says with a pained smile. "A cask of small beer would be great."
Connor Dugan
 player, 349 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Mon 20 Sep 2010
at 12:17
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor drops off his bundle of clothes, and head off to the tavern to pick up the cask of ale.
GM
 GM, 548 posts
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 19:46
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
The trio of Svlad, Otto, and Paulus returns to the Berebelli unaccosted with Ulrich not far behind. As they step onto the gangplank Ein's head shoots up from where he was curled up next to the mast. He comes racing towards you barking viciously until he recognizes that you're not intruders. His attitude changes then and he wags his tail so hard that his whole body shakes and he jumps up and puts his forepaws on his master's legs while whining an ecstatic greeting.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 318 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:8/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 19:47
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich arrives back at the boat in a cheery good mood. He places himself on a stool and examines Leopold's weapon's conditions. "I truly doubt he will ever bother us again. He was severely frightened and ran screaming down the street when i let him go." he chuckles.
Otto Kliest
 player, 201 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W11/12 T34 FP3
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 20:37
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto pats Ein on the head "Yeesh Ulrich protecting you is hard work... I need a drink"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 319 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:8/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Thu 30 Sep 2010
at 00:37
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich digs out 5 Karls from his purse and hands them to Otto. "My apologies and i hope this will help you heal" he replies to Otto.
Otto Kliest
 player, 202 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W11/12 T34 FP3
Thu 30 Sep 2010
at 03:53
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto waves the money away "Pshh you moneys no good he says with a smile, besides when this is all over i'm sure you'll get a chance to protect me."
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 239 posts
 9/14W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Thu 30 Sep 2010
at 10:16
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I hope he has sense enough to stay away from us....but sense seems to be lacking in that one and I fear we have not seen the last of him.  He seems to have enough money to buy people to fight for him....but maybe we've shown him that we can deal with anything he can throw our way.  Let's hope so anyway.  Anyone fancy stitching this gash of mine?"
Connor Dugan
 player, 360 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Thu 30 Sep 2010
at 13:05
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor walks back to the boat, small cask of ale in hand. "Ho!" Connor calls with a wave. "I hope you all had a productive day. I know I did." Seeing fresh wounds Connor says, "Yep, looks like a typical day, what happened?" He crosses the boat and sets the cask near to laid-up warrior.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 320 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:8/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Thu 30 Sep 2010
at 15:25
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"That I certainly will, my friend." Ulrich says with a smile as he puts his money back in his purse and stuff it underneath his shirt.

"Welcome back Connor" he hails Connor as he boards the boat. "We spoke with the councilor and presented our case, but with no clear evidence he didnt believe that there was a Chaos infestation brewing in the city. As we left the inn, Leopold and a couple of mercenaries ambushed us. Otto, Paulus and Svlad took care of the mercenaries and I handled Leopold. We doubt we will be seeing any of them again. And I got this" and with a big smile he waves his new found pistol in front of him.
Connor Dugan
 player, 361 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Thu 30 Sep 2010
at 23:20
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Nice, I got these." Connor said, holding up the medallion and the piece of parchment.


OOC: The Medallion is listed in this thread, either on this page or the last. The Parchment is in the documents page.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 321 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:8/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 00:21
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich silently reads the document and the inscription on the ring. "So who is K.T and Ulthar? I assume the inner council is the 7-8 members of the merchants guild that seem to be the leaders."
Connor Dugan
 player, 362 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 11:15
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Karl Teugen and Ulthar the Unstable...who used to be stable, back when those two were friends. I met Ulthar in at the fair, he pointed at me and said I was marked by Chaos and ran, I followed him, and when I found his shack, his throat was slit." Connor said, find a place on the boat to sit and relax.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 322 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:8/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 15:37
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"And you found both items on the corpse?"
Connor Dugan
 player, 363 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 18:48
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"No, the letter is from the servant we talked to at the bar, I was there and he returned." Connor explained.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 323 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:8/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 19:29
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Now we know the councilor is lying. Paulus drew the sign to him and he said he had never seen it before. If all inner members got this note, he would have known about it."
Connor Dugan
 player, 364 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 20:07
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"What did the councilor say" Connor asked. After being told he says, "Well now we are being hunted...did you use your real names? We are so going to die, unless we move first...we can't tell anyone and we can't kill them or we'd be murderers... I say we just hop town and run."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 324 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:8/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 21:12
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"What? Run away?" Ulrich exclaims loudly in surprise. "I shall never run from the forces of Chaos! If its the last thing I do, I shall vanquish it from the city of Bogenhafen."
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 240 posts
 9/14W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Fri 1 Oct 2010
at 22:30
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Yah I'm not one for leaving either...but if anyone wants to I won't hold it against yeh.  This is going to get even worse before it gets better...but as long as we keep our wits about us we'll prevail."
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 170 posts
 26/49/2/2 head/body/arm 1
 10/12, 1/2
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 00:18
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"So wot are we to do? We can 'ardly gatecrash their meeting. Seems the watchmen are good at keeping riff raff like ourselves away from rich folks 'ouses. I think we need to find out if there's anyone important in this town wot ain't part of this Ordo thing."
Connor Dugan
 player, 365 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 00:39
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"If the councilers are all part of it, why did one of them get sick?" Connor asks, "Should we go check on him"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 325 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 03:26
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Maybe we should stake out the meeting tonight?" Ulrich suggests.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 242 posts
 9/14W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 17:36
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein:
"Maybe we should stake out the meeting tonight?" Ulrich suggests.


"That sounds as good of a plan as any.  Can someone stitch me up now before any more blood oozes out?  I reakon after this I'll need a drink or three to get my strength back."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 326 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 21:36
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I dont have any skill or bandages, but I can try. Do we have any bandages on the boat? the noble asks as he puts the pistol back in his belt.
Connor Dugan
 player, 366 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Sun 3 Oct 2010
at 22:21
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Let me look at them, who is wounded?" Connor said sitting up and looking at the injured parties.\



OOC: Heal Svlad for 3 points. Failed Otto.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:11, Mon 04 Oct 2010.

Svlad Sejelli
 player, 243 posts
 9/14W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Mon 4 Oct 2010
at 13:18
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Many thank Connor."  Svlad stretches and makes sure the bindings on his wound are secure.  "So we going to stake out the meeting?"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 327 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 15:34
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Connor, think you could take a look at this too?" Ulrich asks referring to the single strike Leopold hit him with.
Otto Kliest
 player, 203 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W11/12 T34 FP3
Tue 5 Oct 2010
at 21:11
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I agree with Ulric ... we should stake out the meeting"
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 144 posts
 Human Bailiff
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 02:56
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Randulf had heard the sounds of voices up on deck and had come up to see what was going on. His skin was still looking rather pale and clammy, but at least he was up and walking (with great effort). He had moved on shakey legs over to the cask of small beer that Connor had brought him and poured himself a drink in a chipped mug from the boat's galley while he quietly listened to the conversation.

"While I agree that this meeting is worthy of some investigation, I think Paulus makes a valid point," the bailiff says in a weak voice. "The guards have already made it known that we're not welcome in the Adel ring. Skulking around a town councillor's house at night is likely to get us arrested and thrown in the stocks. One, or perhaps two of our number might find success in watching Teugen's house but more than that will surely arouse suspicion."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 328 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 16:19
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"After the assault on me today and that councilor Magirius vouched for me, I think it should be acceptable if i am out with my two bodyguards." Ulrich says with a grin. "So, who wants to protect me from the riff-raff tonight? he jokingly asks.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:07, Wed 06 Oct 2010.

Svlad Sejelli
 player, 244 posts
 12/14W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 18:02
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I'm in."  Svlad readies his gear and makes sure his bandaging will hold.
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 145 posts
 Human Bailiff
Wed 6 Oct 2010
at 20:18
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Randulf nods thoughtfully. "That sounds like a plausible cover story. I'd join you but unfortunately my spirit is willing but my body is still too weak," he says apologetically.
Connor Dugan
 player, 367 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 8 Oct 2010
at 00:50
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"You all can do that, I want to give the Steinhager Office a thorough search tonight." Connor said, watch the people in the city from the rail of the boat. "Otto do you want to come with?" He looks around at the other people. "I don't know which of you besides Otto have the...finesse this is going to take."
Otto Kliest
 player, 204 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Fri 8 Oct 2010
at 18:05
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor Dugan:
"You all can do that, I want to give the Steinhager Office a thorough search tonight." Connor said, watch the people in the city from the rail of the boat. "Otto do you want to come with?" He looks around at the other people. "I don't know which of you besides Otto have the...finesse this is going to take."



"I can... should we see who all goes to the meeting and see if we can find out who all is involved... or see where they meet at?"
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 171 posts
 26/49/2/2 head/body/arm 1
 10/12, 1/2
Sat 9 Oct 2010
at 07:45
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I'll go with Ulrich and Svlad, and see who shows up at the meeting. That should tell us exactly who is in this Inner Circle. Does anyone know where the Teugen 'ouse is?"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 329 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Sat 9 Oct 2010
at 10:25
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich disappears under deck leaving Leopolds melee weapons, splashes some water in his face and adjusts his outfit.

Appearing back on deck he says "Lets get going. Be careful with that break in. It looks like the Teugens dont hesitate on killing anyone getting in their way."
Connor Dugan
 player, 370 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:7/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Tue 12 Oct 2010
at 18:44
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Well I'm going to wait for nightfall, by the warehouse." Connor told the group.
Otto Kliest
 player, 205 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Tue 12 Oct 2010
at 22:24
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto goes with Conner.
GM
 GM, 561 posts
Wed 13 Oct 2010
at 08:56
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
ooc: I've bumped the Steinhager office thread to set it up for Connor and Otto. Ulrich, Svlad and Paulus can post their next actions in the Adel Ring thread.
GM
 GM, 574 posts
Fri 22 Oct 2010
at 10:54
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak arrives back at the "Berebelli" just after sundown but finds few of his new companions present, save for Randulph below deck hanging in a hammock while Gilda tends to his wounds. Wolmar can be heard boistrously playing with his young daughter Ilsa in the rear cabin. From the sounds of it, Wolmar has had a bit to drink and is being loud and knocking things over in his playfulness, much to the delight of Ilsa, whose amused shrieks fill the boat.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 143 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Fri 22 Oct 2010
at 12:08
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak goes down below looking for Randulph.  Once he find him.. "Eh, where is everyone?  Was ta slow day, hop'n tey found something."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 146 posts
 Human Bailiff
Fri 22 Oct 2010
at 19:54
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Randulph almost doesn't know where to begin. "Well... Ulrich and some of the others went to that lunch meeting with Councillor Magirius. He admitted to being a member of the Ordo Septenarius but dismissed the notion of daemons as rubbish. Then, when the meeting broke up, they were attacked by an old 'friend' of ours from back in Altdorf named Leopold. Ulrich bested him in a duel a few days back and he was looking for a bit of revenge. They sent him off with his tail between his legs again.

"Then Connor ran into some lunatic on the street who told him he was tainted by chaos or something and then ran away,"
Randulph laughs a bit uncomfortably. "We all know Connor's not tainted. I mean, he just happened to have an uncanny resemblence to somebody called the Magister Impedimentae of a secret society being pursued by a bounty hunter. None of that could be Connor's fault, right?" he says with a lack of conviction as if he is trying to talk himself out of his own growing suspicions.

"Anyways, Connor tracked the guy down to his home on the north bank but found him murdered. He was wearing a medallion shaped like the Teugen family crest that was inscribed with a message from Johannes Teugen's older brother Karl.

"But more interesting still, Connor made contact with the Steinhager servant he bribed yesterday. He brought us an invitation to an Ordo Septenarius meeting that's taking place soon at the Teugen estate. That's where Ulrich, Svlad and Paulus are right now. They're staking it out to see what they can learn. Connor and Otto went to the Steinhager Office to... uh... make some "inquiries" while the place is empty for the night."


"How about you? Learn anything more about that dwarf we found murdered in the sewers?"
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 144 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Fri 22 Oct 2010
at 21:02
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak listen intently to the details, "I wish i had as much luk as ya'll did.  Something abut a bounty unter getting attack, but nut much more.  Did run into a fellow looking into similar stuff.  Ehs says ehs from one of your manling Magic Colleges.  Said eh was investigating rumors of te powerful familyes dealing in demons.  Eh wants to visit te room we found in tat sewers."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 147 posts
 Human Bailiff
Sat 23 Oct 2010
at 11:26
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"A bounty hunter getting attacked? Was this a story of something than happened perhaps in Weissbruck?" Randulf asks with a hint of smile creeping up his face. "Imrak, I think you might have been hearing a bit about the misadventure we had before we met you. We were the ones who fought with a bounty hunter recently, though for the record, he was the one attacking us. I can't believe we hadn't told you this story."

Randulph shrugs, amused that they had gained some level of repute, before switching topics. "As for returning to the sewers, I think that's a good idea. In fact, I've been suggesting it for days now. Who knows what clues that iron cabinet holds?"
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 145 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Sat 23 Oct 2010
at 14:35
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak laughs, "Well, we ah aven't much time to.. ah .. socialize yet.  Not ta sure tabout ta .. wizard.  But, we shud go an investigate again.  Still not ta sure why we didn't do it in ta firs plac."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 148 posts
 Human Bailiff
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 10:49
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Randulf shrugs, equally baffled by the course of the investigation. "I don't know. For some reason we decided that instead of looking into collecting physical evidence we would find try to find our answers in the bottom of beer steins and through alehouse gossip. Though, in all fairness, we've collected a fair bit of information that way. Perhaps there is something to that classical saying, 'In vino veritas'. In wine there is truth." Randulf chuckles at his own joke. Connor had brought him a cask of small beer earlier and though it may be weak, Randulf has apparently had enough to be feeling the effects. That, or he had gotten into Josef's hidden stash of Reikland wines.

"Anyway, I'm afraid I won't be able to join you in the sewers just yet. My wounds are not yet healed, you see. Perhaps some of the others will be back soon though.

"But you say you you've encountered some sort of magister? Did he seem trustworthy? If he is, then he might make for a powerful ally." Randulf muses.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 146 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 12:22
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Well, he did av a gold midallion, tat he sa'd was from the ..  Gold College of Magic.  But eh far as trustworthy.. how trustworthy are te Manling wizards.."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 149 posts
 Human Bailiff
Mon 25 Oct 2010
at 20:00
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak Ragnar:
"how trustworthy are te Manling wizards.."

"Good point," Randulf agrees. "I was never happy with the decision back in Middenheim to include sorcerers in the city defense. How can you trust anyone who works with the very fabric of chaos?

"Still... we may soon be drawn into a violent conflict if we wish to put a stop to this Ordo Septenarius," Randulf says while staring down into his cup. "Perhaps we should embrace the wisdom of Magnus the Pious and fight fire with fire. If our enemies are going to bring foul magicks to bear against us, it might be advantageous to have some of our own available."
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 147 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Tue 26 Oct 2010
at 01:18
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak nods, "Eye, Yah ma be right.  Everting as a purpos.  Plus an ally is still an ally."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 150 posts
 Human Bailiff
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 05:56
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Exactly. We're up against some very wealthy and influential people here. Frankly we could use all the help we can get."

"So were you going to try to check out the sewers tonight or wait until the morning?"
Randulf asks.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 148 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 12:01
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Well, tis not much diffence batween night and day duwn ther, but need more of ta fellas.."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 151 posts
 Human Bailiff
Wed 27 Oct 2010
at 19:59
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
The sounds of footsteps coming up the gangplank and onto the deck can be heard from up above.
"Ah, that must be our returning companions now," Randulf says.

But instead of familiar voices coming down the stairs, there comes the murmur of a few gruff and unfriendly voices followed by the sound of a crate smashing and a few splashes.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:08, Thu 28 Oct 2010.

Imrak Ragnar
 player, 149 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 12:11
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak readies his Axe and Shield, and moves to see what is going on.

OOC: Hopefully my night vision allows me to see them first ;)
GM
 GM, 593 posts
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 18:01
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Don't smash 'em! Toss 'em overboard!" one of the gruff voices says admonishingly to another as Imrak climbs the stairs. When he reaches the top he finds eight burly looking men in common clothing standing on the deck. Several of them hold crates pulled from the forward cargo compartment and are in the process of throwing them overboard. Two more flank the top of the stairs, slapping their cudgels into the palms of their hands in a threatening manner.

The oldest and fattest of their number turns to Imrak and says, "Good, someone is here. We've got a message for you..."
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 152 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 18:28
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak Goes into a defensive posture, his thoughts going to Wolmar and his daughter, and the wounded Randulf.  He can't possibly win an 8 to 1 fight...

He holds his axe and shield ready, to defend himself.  "Yah tink wa would av left tis boat unguard, wit the rable in tis town, yah are going to be sorry..."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:32, Thu 28 Oct 2010.

GM
 GM, 597 posts
Thu 28 Oct 2010
at 18:50
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Two of the thugs set down their crates and look eager for a fight. They sneer and posture, a few draw their clubs and hurl taunts back at Imrak but they look to their leader for permission and the signal doesn't come.

"Keep your noses out of what don't concern you. If you don't, you might wake up one morning at the bottom of the river," the lead thug says menacingly. "Why don't you try your luck somewhere else, eh? I hear Altdorf is lovely at this time of year," he suggests with faux innocence.
The thugs chuckle at this and then their leader gives them a 'c'mon' type signal with his hand. The thugs holding crates or with crates still at their feet pick them up and hurl them into the river for good measure before following their leader as he saunters arrogantly down the gangplank.

ooc: Roll perception to notice something about them.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:51, Thu 28 Oct 2010.

Imrak Ragnar
 player, 154 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Fri 29 Oct 2010
at 00:46
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak curses them as they leave, and is quite concerned with what they have thrown over, but he has no way to get at it in the dark.  He goes and finds Randulf and Wolmar, to let them know what has happened.
GM
 GM, 604 posts
Sat 30 Oct 2010
at 05:41
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak finds a wary looking Wolmar and Gilda crouched near the bottom of the stairs. They peek upwards with frightened faces, eager for an explanation of what is going on.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 157 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Mon 1 Nov 2010
at 17:09
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak explains what has happened.  He explains they wanted to send a message, and doesn't expect them back tonight.  But he does suggest they keep an eye out for trouble.

"I tink we may need mor peples, if yah are fine, I should find out what the others are up to..."
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 158 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Mon 1 Nov 2010
at 19:23
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak will plan on finding some of the others, or this new potential ally.  He doesn't expect them to be back tonight, and he's not one for fishing out Crates from the water..
GM
 GM, 608 posts
Mon 1 Nov 2010
at 19:54
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Randulf, Wolmar, and Gilda are worried at the news but are just thankful that the thugs are gone. They are wholely supportive of the idea of having more people on the boat and the added protection that it would bring.

ooc: Feel free to go looking for your friends. It takes you a while but since their stories are a bit further in the timeline you can jump into the Blue Cat thread (and perhaps make some further introductions).
GM
 GM, 627 posts
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 20:58
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
The group members reassemble back at the Berebeli under the watchful eye of Morrslieb's grinning face. As the night has worn on, the moon has grown larger to the point that it fills nearly a quarter of the visible sky and seems to be hanging so low that you could almost touch it from the tallest roofs in Bogenhafen.

Otto and Connor are the first to arrive, with book and papers in hand. They are followed not long after by the arrival of Svlad, Imrak and Ulrich as they return from the second meeting with Magirius of the day. Paulus is the last to arrive a few minutes later as he relocates his companions after following Magirius to a home on the Adel Ring.

Connor had begun to look through the book and the papers but was being severely hindered by his illiteracy. Luckily, Randulf was able to be of some assictance (ooc: See maps and docs thread for the letter found in Steinhager's desk). Randulf couldn't make much sense of the book though. It was written in a language he doesn't understand and complains that staring at the strange, spidery script makes his head hurt. He does locate a name written in the front of the book though. Johannes Teugen.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 373 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:8/11 F:3/4 SB:3 TB:4
Wed 10 Nov 2010
at 22:04
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich arrives at the boat and explains all what has happened at the inn. After reading the note found at the Teugen estate he addresses the group.

"Tomorrow evening people, that is when we will face the darkness of chaos. No doubt there will be blood spill and violence. I fear that the corruption of some of these merchants have taken such root that only death can release them. I ask you all to prepare yourself tonight for tomorrow."
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 269 posts
 12/14W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Thu 11 Nov 2010
at 00:07
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
After checking to make sure the ship and Josef are okay Svlad will head to bed early and volunteer for a late night watch. "We should rest but post some watches in case of more trouble.  We are not out on the open sea yet."