Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Otto Kliest
 player, 172 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 15:56
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto rushes into the Inn  trying to catch his breath.   Seeing Ulrich he moves to his table.  "Ulrich... (wheeze)  noble  ... going .... to shoot   ... (gasP)... you..."  " I ... need ... a drink"
Josef Quartjin
 NPC, 41 posts
 Boatman and Merchant
 Captain of the Berebeli
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 16:05
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Paulus Greenbottom:
"Josef, 'as it ever 'appened that you've 'ad dealin's with the local merchant guild, in your capacity as a river trader? We is startin' to think they is a corrupt bunch in this town."


"As corrupt as they come my boy!" Josef whispers excitedly. "The guild has such a hold on the city that it's almost impossible to turn a profit as an outsider. Hidden taxes here! Hidden taxes there! It's a wonder that I managed to turn any profit at all! Bunch of vipers if you ask me," he grumbles.

When Imrak joins the crowd Josef laughs, "Friend, I don't understand a word you're saying but welcome aboard! Hopefully you fare a bit better than Svlad's last dwarf friend."

"Speaking of which, I disposed of Gromzahl yesterday while you were out... he was starting to stink up the place so I turned him over to the mourner's guild and donated his hammer to the church of Sigmar in exchange for some prayers that we be forgiven of any wrongdoing in that Adolphus affair like we discussed.

"I also managed to sell the leftover goods as well,"
Josef says as he lays 22 Karls and 15 shillings worth of various coin on the table.

In answer to Svlad's question he says, "Another two or three days at least. I've found buyers for my wine but I'm still arranging my next cargo. I'm thinking of trying my hand at trading some livestock. There have been some good prices at the festival market," he muses.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:07, Fri 27 Aug 2010.

GM
 GM, 456 posts
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 16:15
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein:
"From who?" he asks as he flips the man a shilling. After wiping his hands and without expecting an answer from the messenger he opens the sealed envelope and takes out the letter.


"Herr Magirius sir," the servants says humbly while avoiding eye contact for fear of a beating. He catches the shilling and quickly departs.

The letter has been written in ink with a very fine quill. It's a short note that reads: I can answer your questions about the Ordo Septenarius. Please find me at the Merchant's Guild and we will discuss the matter over lunch.

The letter is signed, Councillor Friedrich Magirius.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 212 posts
 12/13W 3/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 16:44
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Josef Quartjin:
"Another two or three days at least. I've found buyers for my wine but I'm still arranging my next cargo. I'm thinking of trying my hand at trading some livestock. There have been some good prices at the festival market," he muses.


"I hope we are all done by then...and mind you be careful with the livestock.  I just saw what wandered out of your cabin.  You've been out to sea too long my friend."  Svlad gives his ole' buddy a friendly punch in the arm before wandering off to see the others and plan for another day of espionage and intreague.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 259 posts
 Human Noble
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 16:52
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich looks up from the letter as Otto barges in on him. With a puzzled look on his face he gestures to Otto to sit down "Easy there my friend. Are you ok?" he then waves at the barkeep to bring Otto a drink.
Otto Kliest
 player, 173 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 18:01
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I will be...  I went and had a look around the Adel ring last night...  I didn't find anything that would help us... but I did see that fop  you bested in a duel, bad mouthing you  and saying he was going to take care of you with a firearm..  just thought you should know."  He then wait patiently for his drink and gulps it down.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 260 posts
 Human Noble
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 18:23
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Hmmmmmmm" Ulrich hums while he scratches his chin analyzing the news Otto just gave him. "Did you see who he was with? And how many they were?" he asks Otto while he gazes down once more to read the letter.
Otto Kliest
 player, 174 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 18:32
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"There were two other nobles, I would remeber them if I saw them but I didn't know them..."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 261 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 19:00
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I think its time I finish off this guy once and for all. Did they say when and where they would strike? It should be done before we continue our investigation into the Steinhagers, otherwise I fear the idiot can interfere with our mission."

He then hands the letter to Otto "I just received this today. I find it very suspicious that someone knows about it besides us."
Otto Kliest
 player, 175 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 19:12
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Otto smiles...  and pushes the letter back... you could tell me that the Crown prince sent that.. I can't read...  Whats it say?"
Connor Dugan
 player, 307 posts
 Human Vagabond
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 20:29
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor lazily stretches and walks out on to the deck. "Uhhhhggggg" Connor says getting out the last of his stretch. "Where is everyone at?"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 262 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Fri 27 Aug 2010
at 20:51
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich mumbles a low apology for forgetting that not everyone can read. "It says "I can answer your questions about the Ordo Septenarius. Please find me at the Merchant's Guild and we will discuss the matter over lunch." and its signed by Councillor Friedrich Magirius. Have you heard that name before?"
Josef Quartjin
 NPC, 42 posts
 Boatman and Merchant
 Captain of the Berebeli
Sat 28 Aug 2010
at 19:57
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Svlad Sejelli:
"I hope we are all done by then...and mind you be careful with the livestock.  I just saw what wandered out of your cabin.  You've been out to sea too long my friend."  Svlad gives his ole' buddy a friendly punch in the arm before wandering off to see the others and plan for another day of espionage and intreague.


Josef gives a loud laugh that leaves him holding his head in pain. "Ohhh, don't do that. Not so early," he says, "Besides that lass was a beauty, though I could have sworn she had more teeth when I first saw her last night." Josef adds while trying to piece together the previous evening through his beer goggled memory.
Connor Dugan
 player, 308 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sat 28 Aug 2010
at 20:17
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"So did Ulrich share what we learned at the tavern last night?" Connor said to those one the boat.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 138 posts
 26/49/2/2 body 1 arms 1
 10/12, 2/2
Sat 28 Aug 2010
at 23:07
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"No, he ain't made it back yet. Do tell, Conor."
Connor Dugan
 player, 309 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sat 28 Aug 2010
at 23:12
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Well it appears that the Counciler who we worked for that night has suddenly fallen sick...they expect him to die this week. There is something rotten in this town." Connor says, surveying the area around the boat.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 139 posts
 26/49/2/2 body 1 arms 1
 10/12, 2/2
Sun 29 Aug 2010
at 14:45
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Hmm. Y'think the Steinhagers and Teugens had summit to do with that? Or is all the shady goin's-on in this town just makin' me suspicious of every little thing wot 'appens."
Josef Quartjin
 NPC, 43 posts
 Boatman and Merchant
 Captain of the Berebeli
Sun 29 Aug 2010
at 20:54
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Sick you say?" Josef says, suddenly looking concerned. He covers his mouth and nose with a hand and excuses himself back to his cabin, mumbling an excuse about needing to retrieve something.
Otto Kliest
 player, 176 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 02:30
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
ooc: GM Posting for Otto since Ulrich is waiting for him just to say 'no."

Otto considered for a moment but then shook his head slowly. The name was new to him. Things just kept getting more and more complicated.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 263 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 04:09
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich finishes the rest of his ale slides the letter into a jacket pocket and gets up. "Lets get back to the boat and find the others and put a plan together.Come."

The two of them exit the inn and hurry towards the docks, keeping an eye out for any one tailing them or the foppish noble.
GM
 GM, 457 posts
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 08:35
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto and Ulrich make their way through the garlanded streets and the throngs of fairegoers heading towards the town's gates to enjoy the last day of the festival. Some of the entertainers have gotten an early start on things and are plying their craft on street corners, entertaining the foot traffic with juggling, music, acrobatics, and fire breathing.

As the two men travel they get a strange feeling in their gut that tells them that they're being watched though they aren't able to pick out a source from the crowded streets. Despite the ominous feeling they arrive back at the Berebelli safe and sound, ready to discuss the next step in the investigation.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 264 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 16:18
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
As they made their way through the city Ulrich's hand was resting on the hilt of his saber. "Things are getting serious now...." he thought to himself after being unable to spot the tail he so strongly felt. Arriving at the docks he quickly jumps down on the boat and finds the others.

"Good morning, my friends." he says as he spots Josef heading below deck.

"A lot has happened over night. I was approached by a servant with a letter from Councillor Friedrich Magirius, and Otto here overheard a planned assassination attempt on me by the noble i bested the other day. I think we, or at least I am in for a rough few days." he says solemnly.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 95 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 16:24
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak listens to Ulrich, and starts to smile "Tis fair, tis worken up to some good ol fun."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 265 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 16:34
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Yeah, well this time the coward is carrying a pistol."
Connor Dugan
 player, 310 posts
 Human Vagabond
Mon 30 Aug 2010
at 17:13
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I remember a time where all I was worried about was my next meal...not attempts on our lives. How are we going to handle this?" Connor said looking around at his companions. "If you are being followed then you lead them back to Josef's boat...maybe we should post guard again."