Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Connor Dugan
 player, 315 posts
 Human Vagabond
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 21:06
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I'll go ask about that guy's death at the warehouse. Anyone want to come with me?" Connor asked the group, then heads toward that district.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 215 posts
 12/13W 3/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 22:18
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto Kliest:
Otto shrugs and heads out to find the noble with Svlad help.


Svlad follows Otto's lead, eager to learn more about this sort of thing.  Been a long time since he's been out to sea and this whole landlubber thing seemed just as dangerous...and a whole lot more complicated.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 276 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Thu 2 Sep 2010
at 22:39
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Ill stay put here until the lunch or Otto comes back." Ulrich says as plops down on the rail with his back to the water. His eyes the docks and all the people working there looking for any suspicious activity.
GM
 GM, 461 posts
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 12:31
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Svlad and Otto spend the morning checking taverns for Leopold Von Wimple but don't have much luck. Perhaps Leopold has given up on his slumming for the establishments catering to the lower classes don't seem to have heard of him and the finer establishments give the rat catcher and the seaman the cold shoulder or on a few occasions won't let them in at all!

The Adel Ring isn't much better. The two men stick out like a sore thumb in their lower class clothing and the guards are quick to approach them and shoo them away from the area or risk arrest.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 216 posts
 12/13W 3/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 12:44
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Svlad keeps an eye open for any tails or anyone seeming to give them too much of an eyeball.  It seems like a failed day but he waits to see if Otto is ready to call it or not.
Otto Kliest
 player, 183 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 12:54
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
While the guards are trying to shoo us away  Otto will ask  "Have you seen Master Wimple... we have a message for him  or might you know where we can find him?"  I'll also describe his crest which I am sure he was wearing.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 145 posts
 26/49/2/2 body 1 arms 1
 10/12, 2/2
Fri 3 Sep 2010
at 17:52
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor Dugan:
"I'll go ask about that guy's death at the warehouse. Anyone want to come with me?" Connor asked the group, then heads toward that district.


"I'll come along with you, Connor."
GM
 GM, 463 posts
Sat 4 Sep 2010
at 06:56
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
In reply to Otto Kliest (msg #73):

The guards shrug their soldiers with disinterest. "I don't know who that is. If we see him we'll tell him you're lookin' for 'im."

"Move along now," a second guard adds. They don't seem very motivated to be of help.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 217 posts
 12/13W 3/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Sun 5 Sep 2010
at 15:32
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"Well Otto seems like that is a bust.  Where to now?"  Svlad is disappointed theyt did not find anything but not surprised.  It seems there are many more questions than answers...
Otto Kliest
 player, 184 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Sun 5 Sep 2010
at 18:26
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"I guess back to Ulrich..."  with that they head to meet up with the noble.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 218 posts
 12/13W 3/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Mon 6 Sep 2010
at 20:06
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Otto Kliest:
"I guess back to Ulrich..."  with that they head to meet up with the noble.


Disappointed Svlad chats with Otto and keeps an eye out for trouble as they look for Ulrich.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 277 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Mon 6 Sep 2010
at 20:23
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich has been relaxing anxiously on the boat awaiting the return of the group members who went out scouting. He continues to evaluate the dangerous game he is playing with Leopold, but he needs Leopolds pistol to be anywhere close to join the  Kemperbad Pistoliers.

He looks up as he hears Svlad and Otto jump down on the boat deck.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 98 posts
 58/37/3/5
 Body/Legs 3 Head/Arms 1
Tue 7 Sep 2010
at 12:53
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Imrak has been enjoying a break on the boat, also awaiting news.  He figures it's to early to find out much more at the tavern.  Hopefully he can run into this servant..
Otto Kliest
 player, 185 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
Tue 7 Sep 2010
at 16:14
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"We couldn't find him Ulrich, we 'll just have to keep our eyes peeled."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 281 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:11/11 F:4/4 SB:4 TB:3
Wed 8 Sep 2010
at 15:03
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Ulrich nods to Otto "Thanks for trying, lets get going. Its almost lunch time." he says with a smile pondering how his companions will be be received at the councilors.
GM
 GM, 473 posts
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 07:12
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor Dugan:
If the festival is still in town Connor will head to the Vendors and look for any oddities. If they aren't he will go chat up that pregnant Fraulein back at the bar.

ooc: It's the final day of the Schaffenfest so the vendors are still present. If you're looking for oddities I'll point you to the Vendors thread and the Medicine Show thread for flavor and descriptions. If there is something in particular you're looking for post it in that thread and I'll roll to see if it's available. But on your way back from conducting that business...

As Connor walks through one of the town squares on his way back from buying a new set of dashing clothes and inspecting the oddities available at the faire he passes by a filthy looking old wretch of a man with long scraggly hair. If Imrak were present he would recognize him as the man who was shouting at the moon the day before. The man stands on a street corner amidst a crowd of people shouting and shaking his fist at nothing in particular. Most of it is typical nonsense like, "Doomed! We are all DOOMED! Chaos is upon us! The signs are everywhere!"

But as Connor draws near the madman swivels his head to stare vacantly at Connor amidst the crowd while droning with a suddenly hollow voice, "I see seven and I see nine, and all they had will be mine, mine, mine!
"The star within the circle is the sign of death! Beware the man who is not a man!"


The madman then sways unsteadily for a moment with a look on his face akin to a man suddenly awoken from a dream. Once free of the reverie he focuses once more on Connor and points a gnarled old finger accusingly towards him and in a voice full of shock and horror he shouts, "The mark is upon you! Beware the bringers of Chaos!" before backing away and then fleeing into the crowd.
Connor Dugan
 player, 321 posts
 Human Vagabond
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 15:20
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
OOC: I have my new clothes still bundled, not wearing them.

Connor looks around with a smile, trying to ensure that no one took the man seriously about him having the mark of chaos, but still makes his way to follow the man as fast as he can without making a scene.
GM
 GM, 474 posts
Thu 9 Sep 2010
at 18:15
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
A few people around Connor make the sign of the hammer and shy away from him but the majority just chuckle along with him. The madman had been raving for days and nobody took what he had to say too seriously at this point.

ooc: The module calls for a spot check to not lose him in the crowd. I guess the 2nd edition equivilent of that would be a perception check.
Connor Dugan
 player, 322 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sat 11 Sep 2010
at 00:02
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
OOC: Used an FP and still failed...

Losing sight of the man Connor starts asking people in the crowd if they saw where the man went.
GM
 GM, 476 posts
Sat 11 Sep 2010
at 07:22
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
A group of half drunk mercenaries with two day beards dressed in a hodge podge of military dress and civilian clothing shrug their shoulders indifferently at Connor's question but a street juggler points towards the river and says, "I think he went that way."
Connor Dugan
 player, 323 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sat 11 Sep 2010
at 12:31
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor will keep asking until he finds the man, or if 20 mins pass and no one say anything, he will head somewhere else.
GM
 GM, 477 posts
Sun 12 Sep 2010
at 02:32
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Asking around and following the directions of the few pedestrians who seem to know what Connor is talking about leads him to the banks of the river where he arrives just in time to see the old man being ferried across the river from Kringler's Ferry to the opposite bank, an area of slums known as 'The Pit.'
Connor Dugan
 player, 324 posts
 Human Vagabond
Sun 12 Sep 2010
at 14:27
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
"PLEASE HERR, I JUST WANT TO TALK!" Connor yells across the river at the ferry. He looks around for another boat that can ferry him across too.
GM
 GM, 478 posts
Mon 13 Sep 2010
at 20:37
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
The crazed doomsayer looks back and opens his eyes wide when he sees that he is being followed by Connor. He gesticulates wildly as he shouts something and pushes through the crowd of people to the far side of the ferry but Connor is too far away to make out the words.

The ferry is the only vessel designated for crossing the river but the shore is dotted with river boats of various sizes and small rowboats used for fishing.
Connor Dugan
 player, 325 posts
 Human Vagabond
Mon 13 Sep 2010
at 20:42
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen Day 3
Connor waits around for the ferry to return. When the Ferry-man returns, Connor says "I'm trying my hardest to talk to the man that just crossed. Do you know where he was going?"