Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 165 posts
 26/49/2/2 head/body/arm 1
 10/12, 1/2
Thu 23 Sep 2010
at 09:38
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Paulus continues to pummel the mercenary, hoping that one of his blows will eventually do enough damage to end the fight.

OOC: All Out Attack, 7 damage to left arm
Otto Kliest
 player, 198 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W11/12 T34 FP3
Thu 23 Sep 2010
at 13:49
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Otto  with blood in his eye  growls and swings hitting the Mercenary.


08:49, Today: Otto Kliest rolled 8 using 1d10+3 with rolls of 5.
08:48, Today: Otto Kliest rolled 47 using 1d100 with rolls of 47. All out attack  54 WS.

Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 306 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:8/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Thu 23 Sep 2010
at 13:58
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Ulrich lunges full out attack at the fleeing noble and hits the noble. The anger burning in Ulrichs soul and eyes have burned away the last traces of mercy.


OOC:
15:56, Today: Ulrich Von Wolfenstein rolled 12 using 1d10+2 with rolls of 10. Damage /FP.
15:55, Today: Ulrich Von Wolfenstein rolled 3 using 1d10+2 with rolls of 1. Damage.
15:55, Today: Ulrich Von Wolfenstein rolled 22 using 1d100 with rolls of 22. Attack 41 +20% Full.

I dont know if you allow FP use on damage rolls?



Svlad Sejelli
 player, 233 posts
 8/13W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Thu 23 Sep 2010
at 14:04
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Svlad charges in to help Paulus and Otto!

11:03, Today: Svlad Sejelli rolled 75 using 1d100 with rolls of 75. dodge.
11:03, Today: Svlad Sejelli rolled 25 using 1d100 with rolls of 25. parry.
11:02, Today: Svlad Sejelli rolled 8 using 1d10 with rolls of 8. damage from fury.
11:02, Today: Svlad Sejelli rolled 3 using 1d100 with rolls of 3. fury.
11:02, Today: Svlad Sejelli rolled 14 using 1d10+4 with rolls of 10. damage.
11:02, Today: Svlad Sejelli rolled 29 using 1d100 with rolls of 29. charge!.

GM
 GM, 528 posts
Fri 24 Sep 2010
at 04:07
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
The blow from Ulrich's light sword fails to penetrate the fashionable leather armor of the fleeing rake. OOC: No, FPs are being used as listed in the core rules. With a girlish scream Leopold Von Wimple flees into the crowd as fast as his cowardly little legs will carry him.

Meanwhile it is clear that the second mercenary made the wrong choice when he decided not to flee when he had the chance. A series of fierce blows from Paulus and Otto have the man on the ropes when Svlad comes charging in with all the savagery of a sea squall, delivering a tremendous blow with his boarding axe to the mercenary's leg, severing it and chopping halfway through the man's second leg in the process. The panicked mercenary flops to his back, arching in pain while his leg hemmorhages bright red arterial blood at an alarming rate. Mercifully his agony is short lived as shock and blood loss quickly take him to Morr's embrace.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 235 posts
 8/13W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Fri 24 Sep 2010
at 20:34
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Svlad looks around to see who has been watching the fight and prepares to leg it!
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 308 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:8/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Fri 24 Sep 2010
at 20:52
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Ulrich curses loudly as his strike bounces harmlessly off the leather armor of Leopold.
He keeps his eyes on the fleeing fop and follows him into the crowd.


OOC: 22:50, Today: Ulrich Von Wolfenstein rolled 37 using 1d100 with rolls of 37. Perception /44.
GM
 GM, 533 posts
Sat 25 Sep 2010
at 19:47
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Ulrich darts into the crowd after the fleeing Leopold. The Ostlander is quick to cover the distance between them by following in the wake of his quarry who is being slowed by the neccessity of weaving through the crowded streets. He reaches out a hand, grabs Leopold by the shoulder and spins the foe around to face him.

"Nyaaaa-ah!" is the frightened noise Leopold makes while turning his face away and flinching with his hands up in the universal sign of surrender. "Don't! My family has money!" he shouts in desperation with his eyes scrunched closed in fear of a delivered blow.

Meanwhile, Svlad checks the crowd to see who is watching. It's a wide-eyed mix of laborers, beggars, merchants, entertainers and craftsmen. Every person he looks at takes up a fearful stance as if they fear bringing Svlad's wrath down upon themselves.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 166 posts
 26/49/2/2 head/body/arm 1
 10/12, 1/2
Sat 25 Sep 2010
at 20:12
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Paulus winces at the gruesome sight of the man's leg being severed, then looks around at the crowd.

"Don't worry 'bout us, we ain't 'urt," he says, as if anyone is concerned about them. "That Leopold fellow deserves to be 'ung drawn and quartered. The villainy of it, tryin' to assassinate people in a public street, jus' fer 'is own entertainment. Got run out of Altdorf for the same antics, he did."

The halfling doesn't run, but follows Ulrich and Leopold at a quick walking pace.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 310 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:8/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Sun 26 Sep 2010
at 02:24
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Ulrich grabbed Leopold by the neck of his shirt and pulled the bleeding coward to inches from his own face. "This is the last time I will spare your life. Next time i see you, I will run you through and let you bleed to death on the streets." he says through clenched teeth.

He lets the man go but not before he yanks the pistol from Leopolds belt and places it in his own. "I am taking this and you can hand over the ammo pouch and your money."
GM
 GM, 535 posts
Sun 26 Sep 2010
at 07:20
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
The frightened Leopold opens one eye hesitantly. He is all too eager to hand over his coin and shot pouches as well as his small powder horn. Truly, he is just thankful to be alive and not being taken prisoner to be ransomed.

"You won't see me again," he promises in a wavering voice while gravely shaking his head. He slowly backs away and drops his rapier and main gauche in the street for good measure before turning and running away with such haste that his plumed hat falls from his head and into the muddy street.

Edit: When Ulrich gets around to taking stock of the spoils he will find that the coin purse contains 37 Karls in various coinage. He also has enough powder and shot for 22 uses.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:23, Sun 26 Sept 2010.

Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 311 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:8/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Sun 26 Sep 2010
at 17:05
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Ulrich watches Leopold until he disappears out of sight. He then picks up the two weapons and heads back to the others.

He quickly finds them and notices their wounds just before he asks "Are any of you seriously injured? I imagine the guard will be here any moment, I will handle them if any of you will head back to the boat?"

OOC:Karls are GCs right?

This message was last edited by the player at 17:08, Sun 26 Sept 2010.

Svlad Sejelli
 player, 236 posts
 8/13W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Sun 26 Sep 2010
at 17:09
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
With the adrenaline of the battle fading Svlad starts to grimmace in pain at his wound.  He spits on the body of one of the men he killed and mutters under his breath- "Idiot following an idiot."

"You sure you want to wait alone Ulrich? Met you back at the boat then."  Unless Ulrich wants some help with this Slvad is ready to head back for some stitching and a drink.
Otto Kliest
 player, 200 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W11/12 T34 FP3
Sun 26 Sep 2010
at 18:33
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Otto knowing how town guard are hurriedly moves to the boat.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 167 posts
 26/49/2/2 head/body/arm 1
 10/12, 1/2
Sun 26 Sep 2010
at 21:18
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
"Better to leave Ulrich 'andle it. The guards is not likely to arrest a noble for defendin' 'imself 'gainst another noble. But 'as for us killin' the 'enchmen, that could be another matter if Ulrich don't explain that we 'ad no choice."

Paulus returns to the boat with Otto and Svlad.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 312 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:8/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Mon 27 Sep 2010
at 01:55
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
"Ill take care of it."
GM
 GM, 538 posts
Mon 27 Sep 2010
at 18:43
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Paulus, Otto, and Svlad head off towards the boat. The crowd parts before them to allow them to pass easily until they're a good distance away and they become just another face in the crowd, surrounded by townsfolk who are completely unaware that they were just involved in a bloody street fight that left two men dead. They travel all the way back to the Berebelli without incident.

Meanwhile, a minute or so after the fight has ended, four town guardsmen come running up to the scene with halberds and truncheons at the ready. They spot the bloody bodies of the two mercenaries laying in the street and one among them cries out, "Who is responsible for this?" in a commanding voice.

The eyes of the crowd turn to Ulrich and the watchman asks the young noble, "What has happened here?" It seems that the guard has perhaps taken notice of Ulrich's finery. His tone is softer when he asks the question and has a certain defferential quality to it.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 238 posts
 8/13W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Tue 28 Sep 2010
at 19:04
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Svlad does a quick check to make sure they have not been followed before turning to the others- "So...we gonna tell Joseph what happened or keep this to ourselves?"
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 314 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:8/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Tue 28 Sep 2010
at 21:05
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
"I was assaulted by these two and another man. My bodyguards killed the two there but the last one got away." Ulrich calmly answers the guard.
Friedrich Magirius
 NPC, 15 posts
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 03:38
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
"I was a witness," Magirius says from the front dooway of The Golden Trout, having moved there to investigate the commotion.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:08, Wed 29 Sept 2010.

GM
 GM, 543 posts
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 03:48
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
The guards stand up straight when they see Councillor Magirius.

"Councilor Magirius! We did not know you would be here," the sergeant of the guards exclaims while hastily smoothing out his uniform. "If you're vouching for the man and his story then that changes matters considerably."
Friedrich Magirius
 NPC, 16 posts
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 03:52
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Magirius turns his head to look at Ulrich with an inscrutable expression. For a moment the young noble's fate hangs in the balance. The councillor could no doubt have Ulrich arrested if he so chose, regardless of the Ostlander's lineage. But the moment passes and Magirius says, "I vouch for him."

"This is Ulrich Von Wolfenstein and he and his companions were lunching with me only moments before a shot rang out. It would have been impossible for them to have instigated the fight in such a short span of time."

"I caught only the end of the altercation but it appeared to be a clear cut case of two hot headed nobles doing what hot headed nobles do."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:20, Wed 29 Sept 2010.

GM
 GM, 544 posts
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 04:06
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
"Very good sir!" the watch sergeant says before snapping to attention and issuing a salute to Magirius which he waves away with disinterest.

"Right lads," he says, addressing his men. "Like the councillor says, 'clear cut case of nobles bein' nobles!" he then goes about ordering his men in the task of removal of the bodies.

"You've got the endorsement of the town councillor," the watch sergeant says, addressing Ulrich. "You're free to go then. No further questions needed."
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 169 posts
 26/49/2/2 head/body/arm 1
 10/12, 1/2
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 11:42
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Svlad Sejelli:
Svlad does a quick check to make sure they have not been followed before turning to the others- "So...we gonna tell Joseph what happened or keep this to ourselves?"


Might as well tell 'im. Don't think 'e will be too surprised. Don't forget, 'e was with us in Altdorf first time that cowardly noble got 'is thug to fight our slayer friend.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 315 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:31
 W:8/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Wed 29 Sep 2010
at 15:30
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- Meeting with Magirius
Ulrich gallantly tips his hat at the councilor "Thank you and remember what I told you earlier, councilor."
He then nods at the sergeant and makes his way back to the boat with his new found treasure. "Kemperbad here i come..." he thinks to himself as a smile spreads across his lips.