Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 631 posts
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 20:25
Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
It is late afternoon and you stand in front of the heavy oak doors of Magirius' corner study. A servant of about 13 years with a bowl cut knocks on the door and then gestures for you to enter, saying, "The Councillor is expecting you."

You had been summoned here about a half hour ago when this same servant had walked up the gangplank of the Berebelli with a metal platter in his hands. On that platter had been a single envelope sealed with a wax stamp of Bogenhafen's coat of arms.

The letter in the envelope read thusly:


From there it had been an easy enough task of finding the Councillor's home. A servant on the Adel Ring was able to confirm for you that it was the home that Paulus had followed Councillor Magirius to the night before.
Paulus Greenbottom
 player, 209 posts
 26/49/2/2 head/body/arm 1
 11/12, 2/2
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 21:49
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
"Well 'e could be a little more subtle," Paulus complains to his companions as Magirus' servant leads them directly to the councillor's house.

Paulus was careful to change into his common clothes this time, since he had already ruined one set of good clothes fighting in the sewers.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 273 posts
 12/14W 2/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 23:09
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
Svlad tramps along with the rest, sensing a trap and with a hand on his blade, but he is much too curious to not see what this is all about.  He does not waste time asking the servant but really can't wait for an answer.

"Hold tight and we'll be back Josef.  Hopefully lickity-split and hopefully all in one piece but get ready to haul anchor if we come back riding a wave."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 377 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:9/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Wed 17 Nov 2010
at 23:37
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
Ulrich walks in to meet the councilor.
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 173 posts
 12/12 W 3/3 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l:3 h/a: 1
Thu 18 Nov 2010
at 13:21
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
mrak follows the others, wondering why they were summoned this way.  "'ope'ully  tis is ok, could ake tings a little difficult"
Otto Kliest
 player, 229 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Thu 18 Nov 2010
at 15:03
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
Otto will be scanning the area watching to see if anybody is taking note of them, he is uneasy  and feels this to be a trap.
Connor Dugan
 player, 391 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:13/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 01:05
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
Connor walks with the group, keeping pace, his bow slung over his shoulder, across his chest, which is covered in mail. His trusty hammer is in the sheath on his belt. "This won't go well, will it."
Randulf Konigsamen
 player, 153 posts
 Human Bailiff
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 02:08
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
"No. No, I fear it won't," Randulf replied grimly on the walk to the councillor's house. The bailiff had decided to see this through to the end despite his recent bout with infection that he didn't appear to have entirely recovered from. The Middenheimer was too proud to show his weakness, but despite his best efforts you had caught the occasional glimpse of him gritting his teeth painfully and he was sweating by the time you all arrived at the councillor's door.
GM
 GM, 634 posts
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 02:20
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
You enter into the study of Councillor Magirius and at first glance, the room appears to be deserted. It is dominated by a huge oak desk with a heavy wooden chair overturned behind it. At a second glance you realize that something sinister is afoot when you spot a hand stained with crimson peaking out from behind an edge of the desk.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 380 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:9/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 02:22
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
Ulrich signals for the others to wait by the door and slowly walks around the desk.
GM
 GM, 635 posts
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 03:02
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
Rounding the desk, Ulrich finds the body of Councillor Magirius sprawled on his side in a widening pool of blood with the front of his clothes stained red. The councillor's eyes are wide and unseeing and his mouth hangs limply open. A clean and deep cut extends across Magirius' throat from one side to the other. The blood is smeared everywhere- on Magirius' hands, his face, his clothes, and all over the desk and chair.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 276 posts
 13/14W 3/3FP
 45/32/3/3 body 1 arms 1
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 03:08
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
Svlad covers the doorway and keeps watch for anyone else happening upon this foul scene, muttering under his breath about all of it.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 381 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:9/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 03:35
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
"By Morr!" Ulrich exclaims horrified at the murder."No one touch the body. I guess they got to him first. Svlad, keep an eye on the door. We need to find some evidence of where the meeting will be held." he says while he carefully looks through the documents on the desk.
Connor Dugan
 player, 392 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:13/13 FP:2/3 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 12:37
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
"We need to inform the house servants immediately, so they cannot suspect us!" Connor said looking around at the faces of his friends.
GM
 GM, 636 posts
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 12:52
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
The papers on Magirius' desk are scattered in dissaray and several are partially crumpled and smeared with blood from the struggle. Unfortunatelty, none of them seem to hold any clue about the location of the ritual, or indeed anything to do with the Ordo Septenarius at all. Instead they seem to be financial documents such as invoices, warehouse inventories, and a letter from a colleague detailing the market price for textiles in Nuln.

The first few drawers don't hold much better news. One drawer contains ledgers and a letter opener. Another contains a writing kit in a wooden box but nothing with the Ordo Septenarius symbol on it or signed by Johannes Teugen or Franz Steinhager.

But when Ulrich gets to the last drawer he finds a message smeared onto the face just above where Magirius' bloody hand now rests. Written in the councillor's own blood are the letters 'WHSE' followed by a number that is either a 13 or a 17- the second number trails off into a squiggle inconclusively.
Otto Kliest
 player, 230 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 14:13
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
Otto still keeps an eye out to make sure the watch isnt coming.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 382 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:9/11 F:4/4 SB:3 TB:4
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 17:47
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
Ulrich kneels down to take a better look. "WHSE...wonder if that could stand for warehouse? Any of you guys seen a warehouse nr 13 or 17?" he asks before getting back up and stepping away from the corpse carefully to not getting any blood on himself.

"Lets get out of here, we will be framed and put in custody if we are accused of this."
Otto Kliest
 player, 231 posts
 Human Ratcatcher
 WS34 BS50 W12/13 T34 FP3
Fri 19 Nov 2010
at 18:15
Re: Shadows Over Bogenhafen- A Message
"I agree whole heartedly Ulrich...  lets head to the warehouses and check them out."