Up the Reik.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 918 posts
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 10:27
Re: Up the Reik
  The paintings bear neither sign nor family crest and no further clues to the family being depicted. Similarly, a search behind the paintings reveals nothing but cool, solid stone.

  The drawers of the plan chest are unlocked and slide open. Inside of the first drawer Svlad finds several antique maps of The Empire- and The Reikland and the western marches of Talabecland in particular. All the maps bear a number of intersecting lines that crisscross the continent. An intersection in the Barren Hills has been roughly ringed.



  The second drawer holds a book, titled Sternschau's Astronomical Records- Being a Guide to the Mysterious Phenomena of the Nighte Sky. A bookmark leads to the following passage:


  The bottom drawer contains bones- dwarf bones! They bear signs of being gnawed and are not yet dried out. No doubt these are the remains of the two who went missing from the construction site so recently.

  The drawing board is empty and contains only dust and cobwebs.
Lothar Gluhend
 player, 95 posts
 Ag39 1H/1A/1B/0L W13/13
 WS47 BS31 SB3 TB4 F2/3
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 13:20
Re: Up the Reik
"A meteorite? All this... calculating and research... because of a piece of rock that fell from the skies?", Lothar asked wonderingly after Ulrich had read the passages to them.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 560 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:10/13 F:4/5 SB:3 TB:4
Sat 1 Oct 2016
at 20:04
Re: Up the Reik
Ulrich riffled through the rest of the book and finally closed it. "I do not know much about falling stars, but someone found it important enough to calculate and document it. Its probably worth investigating at one point." he said has he gently folded the map, slipped it into the book and put the book in to his backpack.
Lothar Gluhend
 player, 96 posts
 Ag39 1H/1A/1B/0L W13/13
 WS47 BS31 SB3 TB4 F2/3
Sun 2 Oct 2016
at 07:20
Re: Up the Reik
"The Barren Hills", Lothar mused, trying to remember what he knew of 4he region, but came up blank.

4 degrees of failure
Grimgrin Irongrudge
 player, 90 posts
 Ag:31 WS:51 BS:31 Armor 2
 W:15/15 FP2/3 SB:4 TB:4
Sun 2 Oct 2016
at 21:56
Re: Up the Reik
"The remains of the fallen should be handed over to their kin. They can be put to rest properly." Grimgrin said far more focused on the dead, than the other objects.
Lothar Gluhend
 player, 97 posts
 Ag39 1H/1A/1B/0L W13/13
 WS47 BS31 SB3 TB4 F2/3
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 11:09
Re: Up the Reik
"Of course.", he replied to the dwarf in full Agreement.
"Well, it looks like we have bested all foes down here. Maybe if we do a thorough search we may find the last rod after all. We did agree to keep the dwarves safe until they have finished their building project. Plenty of time."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 561 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:10/13 F:4/5 SB:3 TB:4
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 15:56
Re: Up the Reik
"Yes, they will receive a proper burial. I suggest we go back up and rest for the remainder of the night, with our usual guard pattern. Once the sun is up we will bring the dwarves down and discuss next steps. Hopefully we can find the last rod and see what they open."
Grimgrin Irongrudge
 player, 91 posts
 Ag:31 WS:51 BS:31 Armor 2
 W:15/15 FP2/3 SB:4 TB:4
Tue 4 Oct 2016
at 21:23
Re: Up the Reik
"Agreed. Perhaps we could find a priest of Morr or Sigmar to see to a ritual to cleanse this place." Grimgrin replied.
GM
 GM, 920 posts
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 09:02
Re: Up the Reik
A thorough search of the signal tower's secret basement chambers follows but the location of the sixth rod remains a mystery (A mystery for another time). Connor is able to identify a few books in the library, 9 in total, that look as though they might fetch a fair price on the market though.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 562 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:10/13 F:4/5 SB:3 TB:4
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 15:16
Re: Up the Reik
Once the search is completed Ulrich helps the group up the ladder and then exits the cellar as the last person. He then ensures that the guard schedule is clear and takes the first watch himself.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 426 posts
 14/15W 4/3 FP
 45/32/3/3 AP 1 All
Thu 6 Oct 2016
at 15:42
Re: Up the Reik
Svlad heads out with the others. Taking a book with him, one with no value, he has hope that Ulrich might at some point teach him to read and write; after all what good is it to captain a ship if you can't even keep a log?
Grimgrin Irongrudge
 player, 92 posts
 Ag:31 WS:51 BS:31 Armor 2
 W:15/15 FP2/3 SB:4 TB:4
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 05:15
Re: Up the Reik
Grimgrin departed as well. He would return with the dwarves to gather the bones of the dead. He hoped someone among their number would know how to handle and dispose of the warpstone.

Once up top he sought out the dwarves, informing their foreman of what occurred and to see if he o anyone knew the nearest priest of Morr.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:19, Fri 07 Oct 2016.

Lothar Gluhend
 player, 98 posts
 Ag39 1H/1A/1B/0L W13/13
 WS47 BS31 SB3 TB4 F2/3
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 06:07
Re: Up the Reik
Some time later...

"So what shall we do with the five rods we have found ? Leave them here but hide them as we have no idea what purpose they serve ? I would not leave them open, access to that building should be strictly prevented."
Connor Dugan
 player, 532 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:13/13 FP1/4 SB:3 TB:3
Fri 7 Oct 2016
at 20:31
Re: Up the Reik
"Think some of the Dwarves could make us a new one? They should be able to copy one of the others right?" Connor asked, laying back on his bedroll, tossing a coin in the air and catching it over his face.
Grimgrin Irongrudge
 player, 93 posts
 Ag:31 WS:51 BS:31 Armor 2
 W:15/15 FP2/3 SB:4 TB:4
Sat 8 Oct 2016
at 05:31
Re: Up the Reik
"Many of my kind are a skilled smith's. I am sure something could be managed." Grimgrin replied.
Lothar Gluhend
 player, 99 posts
 Ag39 1H/1A/1B/0L W13/13
 WS47 BS31 SB3 TB4 F2/3
Sat 8 Oct 2016
at 07:03
Re: Up the Reik
"They are magical though", he said doubtfully.
The doors had opened magically, not mechanically.
Grimgrin Irongrudge
 player, 94 posts
 Ag:31 WS:51 BS:31 Armor 2
 W:15/15 FP2/3 SB:4 TB:4
Sat 8 Oct 2016
at 22:27
Re: Up the Reik
"Well that is a problem. Perhaps rather than thinking about how we use the keys, we should think about destroying the keys we have instead." Grimgrin replied. The dwarf, although always keen to profit by nature, had begun to understand the evils that hid behind the patina of decency of the Empire.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 22:27, Sat 08 Oct 2016.

Connor Dugan
 player, 533 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:13/13 FP1/4 SB:3 TB:3
Sat 8 Oct 2016
at 22:33
Re: Up the Reik
"Unless the attacks won't stop until we get whatever that lock is hiding." Connor said, not wanting the keys to be destroyed prematurely. "We need to know all the facts before we start acting."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 563 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:10/13 F:4/5 SB:3 TB:4
Sun 9 Oct 2016
at 01:41
Re: Up the Reik
"Lets avoid destroying things simply because we don't understand them." the young noble argued. "We can take the rods with us, I'll hold them if no one else wants to."
Grimgrin Irongrudge
 player, 95 posts
 Ag:31 WS:51 BS:31 Armor 2
 W:15/15 FP2/3 SB:4 TB:4
Tue 11 Oct 2016
at 15:08
Re: Up the Reik
"Might be better if dey were spread among us." Grimgin suggested. The dwarf scratched hid beard.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 564 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:10/13 F:4/5 SB:3 TB:4
Thu 13 Oct 2016
at 15:50
Re: Up the Reik
"I'd prefer one person carries them, dont particularly care who does. Less risk of losing one of them."
Grimgrin Irongrudge
 player, 96 posts
 Ag:31 WS:51 BS:31 Armor 2
 W:15/15 FP2/3 SB:4 TB:4
Thu 13 Oct 2016
at 21:07
Re: Up the Reik
"Was jus' thinkin it makes that one a target if some enemy still holds da sixth one. But if you are prepared to take that risk who am I to stop you." Grim grin replied.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:12, Mon 17 Oct 2016.

Connor Dugan
 player, 534 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:13/13 FP1/4 SB:3 TB:3
Sun 16 Oct 2016
at 04:35
Re: Up the Reik
"I'll carry one. I don't mind a bit of bad luck." Connor said, holding his hand out.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 565 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:10/13 F:4/5 SB:3 TB:4
Tue 18 Oct 2016
at 14:13
Re: Up the Reik
Ulrich digs out the rods. "Here you go. Make sure you dont drop any." he says handing over the 5 rods to Connor.
Grimgrin Irongrudge
 player, 97 posts
 Ag:31 WS:51 BS:31 Armor 2
 W:15/15 FP2/3 SB:4 TB:4
Thu 20 Oct 2016
at 12:48
Re: Up the Reik
Grimgrin chuckled as the nobleman pawned off the rods to Connor. Not really caring to carry one, the dwarf decided to speak with the foreman and make the arrangements for the dead dwarves, and see if there might be a priest of Morr nearby.