Up the Reik.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Grimgrin Irongrudge
 player, 65 posts
 Ag:31 WS:51 BS:31 Armor 2
 W:15/15 FP2/3 SB:4 TB:4
Wed 7 Sep 2016
at 04:47
Re: Up the Reik
21:46, Today: Grimgrin Irongrudge rolled 1 -- 6 degrees of success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 69.  spot the hole. Grimgrin nails that one!

Grimgrin took a look about trying get an idea of the nature of the place.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:20, Wed 07 Sept 2016.

Lothar Gluhend
 player, 51 posts
 Ag39 SB3 TB4 1H/1A/1B/0L
 W13/13 F3/3
Wed 7 Sep 2016
at 05:50
Re: Up the Reik
Still glancing somewhat nervously at the strange entry, Lothar finally climbed down and joined the others.
Once down he readied sword and shield.
As Paulus described the effect of the writing he did not bother to attempt to read them himself.


rolled 38 -- a simple failure using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 32.  Search.
At +20 it is a Success

rolled 25 -- a simple success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 32.  straight INT.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:12, Thu 08 Sept 2016.

Connor Dugan
 player, 511 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:13/13 FP3/4 SB:3 TB:3
Thu 8 Sep 2016
at 00:11
Re: Up the Reik
Connor walked up to one of the holes in the wall, and ran a finger around the opening, having not gotten a good look at the rod, he missed the connection between the two. "Weird it would have a star shaped hole."





20:56, Today: Connor Dugan rolled 47 -- a simple failure using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 42.  Int Check.
20:09, Today: Connor Dugan rolled 80 -- 3 degrees of failure using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 42.  Perception.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:56, Thu 08 Sept 2016.

GM
 GM, 870 posts
Thu 8 Sep 2016
at 00:44
Re: Up the Reik
ooc: I'll also let anyone in the chamber make an intelligence check (no modifiers) to identify the symbols as connected to astrology. In re-reading my description I realize I made it sound more sinister than I like and I don't want to send you guys off on the wrong path.
Lothar Gluhend
 player, 53 posts
 Ag39 SB3 TB4 1H/1A/1B/0L
 W13/13 F3/3
Thu 8 Sep 2016
at 07:27
Re: Up the Reik
"So it follows that we need five more of these rods to complete the hexagram. To what effect though ? I also hope we do not need to battle five more of these creatures."
Imrak Ragnar
 player, 239 posts
 14/14 W 4/4 FP
 58/37/3/5 b/l/h:3 a: 1
Fri 9 Sep 2016
at 07:55
Re: Up the Reik
The climb down into the secret chamber had been a difficult one for Imrak. The touch of the hooded figure in the tower above had left his head feeling foggy, his limbs stiff, and his hands numb. He remembers the foreman and workers mentioning accidents at the work site and a few of the workers complaining of waking with numbness and supposes that he's figured out the reason.

Imrak nods in agreement to Lothar's assessment of the situation. He keeps rubbing his hands to try and shake the numbness but it continues to linger. "Bah! I kinna feel me 'ands!" the dwarf complains. "I tink dat fiend's tich did dis ter me."

He looks around at the three doors and adds, "So, 'hich un der we 'splore 'hirst?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:03, Fri 09 Sept 2016.

Lothar Gluhend
 player, 54 posts
 Ag39 SB3 TB4 1H/1A/1B/0L
 W13/13 F3/3
Fri 9 Sep 2016
at 08:47
Re: Up the Reik
Lothar, who had been a bit absent contemplating the six holes, looked up at Imrak's query.
"You are right, no use wasting the rest of the night looking at holes."
He looked about, having quite lost the orientation with his walk along the hexagram.
He walked to one (it happend to be the one leading North) and put his ear on it, trying to listen.
"Cannot hear anything.", he commented

rolled 44 -- 1 degree of failure using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 32.  Listen (Perception).
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 393 posts
 14/15W 4/3 FP
 45/32/3/3 AP 1 All
Fri 9 Sep 2016
at 12:45
Re: Up the Reik
Svlad had fallen a bit behind as he whispered prayers to Manann over Otto's corpse. He dropped to the floor and raised his axe. He held a dagger in his other holding the blade along his forearm. He glances down at the patterns but tore his eyes away from the shifting patterns. "Let me give it a try." he said to Lothar gesturing towards the door with his axe.

08:44, Today: Svlad Sejelli rolled 6 -- 4 degrees of success using the Warhammer Test system with a target number of 54.  Perception (Listen).

This message was last edited by the player at 16:39, Fri 09 Sept 2016.

GM
 GM, 873 posts
Fri 9 Sep 2016
at 12:59
Re: Up the Reik
It's quiet...too quiet. The results are the same when repeated at all three doors.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:11, Fri 09 Sept 2016.

Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 533 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:10/13 F:4/5 SB:3 TB:4
Fri 9 Sep 2016
at 14:34
Re: Up the Reik
"Maybe its the same rod for all holes in a specific order?" Ulrich suggested when he finally realized there were some holes on the floor.
It soon became evident to him that the doors would probably reveal more at the moment.

"Middle one?" he asks.
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 394 posts
 14/15W 4/3 FP
 45/32/3/3 AP 1 All
Fri 9 Sep 2016
at 16:39
Re: Up the Reik
"Maybe its as simple as the one rod opening each door; but only one at a time. Svlad mused.
Grimgrin Irongrudge
 player, 67 posts
 Ag:31 WS:51 BS:31 Armor 2
 W:15/15 FP2/3 SB:4 TB:4
Fri 9 Sep 2016
at 18:34
Re: Up the Reik
"Based on what I see of this place it was built as an observatory to study the stars." Grimgrin said.

"Perhaps the combination can be riddled out by the stars."
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 534 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:10/13 F:4/5 SB:3 TB:4
Sun 11 Sep 2016
at 01:51
Re: Up the Reik
Ulrich opened the middle door quickly and took a step back.
GM
 GM, 875 posts
Sun 11 Sep 2016
at 01:58
Re: Up the Reik
You're in a round room with doors north, southeast, and southwest. Which one is the middle door?
Svlad Sejelli
 player, 396 posts
 14/15W 4/3 FP
 45/32/3/3 AP 1 All
Sun 11 Sep 2016
at 02:00
Re: Up the Reik
      N


SW         SE


I'd Say north.
Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 535 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:10/13 F:4/5 SB:3 TB:4
Sun 11 Sep 2016
at 02:43
Re: Up the Reik
In reply to Svlad Sejelli (msg # 168):

OOC: Aye..north
GM
 GM, 876 posts
Sun 11 Sep 2016
at 08:03
Re: Up the Reik
Ulrich opens the north door and is hit with a blast of stale and dusty air. It is clear this chamber hasn't been opened for many years. Beyond the door lies a dark, arch shaped room, 15 feet deep and bending around out of site in either direction. Row after row of dusty and dilapidated book shelves laden with moldering books protrude from the walls at regular intervals and extend from floor to ceiling.

From either direction, left and right, comes the sound of light, tapping steps heading your way from the darkness.

OOC: The library is kind of shaped like a rainbow. The book shelves sticking out of the walls create choke points 6 feet wide big enough for a single person to block up but wide enough for two to fight shoulder to shoulder in if need be. The PCs have all won initiative and can act first.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:04, Sun 11 Sept 2016.

Ulrich Von Wolfenstein
 player, 536 posts
 Ag:41 Ar:0/2 WS:41 BS:36
 W:10/13 F:4/5 SB:3 TB:4
Sun 11 Sep 2016
at 18:44
Re: Up the Reik
"It's a library and it sounds like someone is coming." Ulrich whispers and takes position up against the side of the doorway, his weapons drawn and ready.
Lothar Gluhend
 player, 56 posts
 Ag39 SB3 TB4 1H/1A/1B/0L
 W13/13 F3/3
Sun 11 Sep 2016
at 19:10
Re: Up the Reik
Lothar took in the scene and decided that his comrades were better fitted to fight next to each other. In such close quarters, knowing your ally's moves were vital in an efficient defense.
Nevertheless, he prepared to take the front should it be required.
Paulus Greenbottom
 NPC, 265 posts
 Ag 45 WS29 BS54 SB2 TB2
 W11/12, FP0/3
Sun 11 Sep 2016
at 21:04
Re: Up the Reik
Paulus steps into the library, shining his lantern in either direction. The dim beam reveals an animated human skeleton wearing moldering scraps of leather armor and carrying a rusted and pitted blade and half rotten wooden shield. They march toward the open door on bony beet making a tak, tak, tak, tak! sound.

The halfling darts right back into the star chamber with an alarmed look on his face.
Skeletons! Walking skeletons! He warns.
Grimgrin Irongrudge
 player, 68 posts
 Ag:31 WS:51 BS:31 Armor 2
 W:15/15 FP2/3 SB:4 TB:4
Sun 11 Sep 2016
at 23:57
Re: Up the Reik
"Paulus fall back behind us. We shall stand our ground on this is definitely of the door so the doorway can limit their numbers." Grimgrin said as he fell in with his fellows.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:07, Mon 12 Sept 2016.

Svlad Sejelli
 player, 399 posts
 14/15W 4/3 FP
 45/32/3/3 AP 1 All
Mon 12 Sep 2016
at 11:47
Re: Up the Reik
Svlad took a position opposite Ulrich holding both his axe and dagger ready. "Can we hold them here? Or should we push into the library." he asked. He didn't like the idea that of only two of them fighting at a time and hoped they could lure the enemy into a more advantageous position.

Are we able to have them surrounded if two of us flank the door and two others stand before it? Can all of us attack I mean while still preventing them from leaving the doorway.
Lothar Gluhend
 player, 58 posts
 Ag39 SB3 TB4 1H/1A/1B/0L
 W13/13 F3/3
Mon 12 Sep 2016
at 11:51
Re: Up the Reik
Lothar acknowledged the suggestion and moved back into the hexagram room.
Skelettons ? Did he just say skelettons ?, he thought furiously, unable to really see aynthing.
Connor Dugan
 player, 513 posts
 Ag:39 Ar:1/3 WS:37 BS:51
 W:13/13 FP3/4 SB:3 TB:3
Mon 12 Sep 2016
at 18:19
Re: Up the Reik
Connor backed up with Lothar, instinct had him reach for an arrow, before settling against it, and laying his bow against the wall to draw his little used sword. He glances down at the halfing. "Did you get a count of them?"
Paulus Greenbottom
 NPC, 266 posts
 Ag 45 WS29 BS54 SB2 TB2
 W11/12, FP0/3
Mon 12 Sep 2016
at 22:27
Re: Up the Reik
"Two that I saw," Paulus says, backing away from the door. He holds the lantern high, shining it's light toward the doorway.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:34, Mon 12 Sept 2016.