In the Junkyard.   Posted by The Marshall.Group: 0
The Marshall
 GM, 1783 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 08:23
Re: In the Junkyard
In reply to Buck Masterson (msg # 233):

Conversation over, Buck tipped his hat and sauntered into the back room. "Call me any time, and we have JunkMail through the JunkNet."

Klara gave them a precious business card. Obviously, some card stock and a laser printer in the ruins, somewhere, and Buck or someone he knew had gotten ahold of it.

"Don't lose that! They're not making any more."
Peter Firecrow
 player, 500 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 5 Aug 2014
at 13:40
Re: In the Junkyard
Peter gave a nod to Buck and did indeed leave his contact information, such as it was, with Klara. He gingerly took the card and looked it over for a few moments with wide eyes and careful hands. Then he carefully put it away in his wallet...yes he had a wallet even though it didn't carry money anymore. He's a Ravenite!

He turned to the others outside after they left. "So. I do not think the Moorlocks were involved, and I would normally think a rival but the Templar's Cross gives me pause. Does anyone else have any thoughts?"
Dakota Jack Cardinal
 NPC, 193 posts
 Gunslinger
 Lady's Man
Wed 6 Aug 2014
at 20:16
Re: In the Junkyard
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 235):

On the sidewalk, Dakota rolled one of his shitty cigarettes.

"So the Moorlock angle's a bust. We can look into Flower's background to see if it's personal. No one seems to have heard about the Templar's cross, guess the police are keepin' that hushed up good."
Smoker Nix
 player, 613 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 10:53
Re: In the Junkyard
"If they even noticed it," said Smoker.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1055 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 18:58
Re: In the Junkyard
Smoker Nix:
"If they even noticed it," said Smoker.

Rowan stamps her foot to get attention
"people think please for a moment the sign was intended to reach our employer". "Some one wanted us out of there or at least out on the streets"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 502 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 22:49
Re: In the Junkyard
Peter turned slowly to look at Rowan with a raised eyebrow. "Really? Stomping your feet like a child to get attention?"

He took in a breath and addressed her. trying to keep his tone as neutral as possible. "So your theory is that whoever is behind this wanted to get rid of us, somehow assuming that by murdering someone with no connection to...our employer, as you put it...but by simply putting the sign at the scene would get noticed and therefore empty most of our employer's bodyguards into the streets?"
Dakota Jack Cardinal
 NPC, 194 posts
 Gunslinger
 Lady's Man
Fri 8 Aug 2014
at 03:08
Re: In the Junkyard
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 238):

"Does seem a little complicated. Simon sent us. We still got the Colonel and Kira protecting him, plus a hundred MPs. If anyone wants to go back to the hotel and others want to follow up, we can split up and meet back at our rooms?"

He borrowed Smoker's radio and checked in with Schaeffer.

"Everything's all secure back at the ranch."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1056 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 8 Aug 2014
at 09:06
Re: In the Junkyard
Dakota Jack Cardinal:
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 238):

"Does seem a little complicated. Simon sent us. We still got the Colonel and Kira protecting him, plus a hundred MPs. If anyone wants to go back to the hotel and others want to follow up, we can split up and meet back at our rooms?"

He borrowed Smoker's radio and checked in with Schaeffer.

"Everything's all secure back at the ranch."

Rowan shakes her head "then I do not get it"
Dakota Jack Cardinal
 NPC, 195 posts
 Gunslinger
 Lady's Man
Fri 8 Aug 2014
at 09:15
Re: In the Junkyard
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 241):

Dakota folded his arms as he thought. "Maybe it's, like, an opening salvo? The first move."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1057 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 8 Aug 2014
at 09:32
Re: In the Junkyard
Dakota Jack Cardinal:
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 241):

Dakota folded his arms as he thought. "Maybe it's, like, an opening salvo? The first move."

 Rowan shrugs "could but against who and aimed by who"
Dakota Jack Cardinal
 NPC, 196 posts
 Gunslinger
 Lady's Man
Fri 8 Aug 2014
at 09:38
Re: In the Junkyard
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 243):

"Against Simon and the Templars? Somehow. Hence the Templar's Cross. By who? Not sure. Let's go, at any rate."

He began ambling with the others back towards the downtown.
The Marshall
 GM, 1785 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 11 Aug 2014
at 20:56
Re: In the Junkyard
With not much else happening, they returned to the hotel at around noon. One thing they noted on the way back was that even within the inner wall of Junktown there were obviously derelict or abandoned buildings. Signs posted on them stated abandoned properties could be claimed by anyone in a form of urban homesteading. Repairs and refurbishments would need to be made and property taxes paid but it seemed there was living and working space available for the taking (although the best locations and buildings were already taken).

There had (thankfully) been no ninja attacks in the mean time, Simon and the others were safe. The first meeting of the conference between anti-Combine leaders was scheduled for two o'clock. There was time enough for lunch.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 330 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Wed 13 Aug 2014
at 20:05
Re: In the Junkyard
Schaeffer heard the report from Dakota of what they'd found from Buck.

"Interesting. There is an abandoned city beneath our feet. But it's not related to last night's killing. Personally, I'm going to station myself down in the parkade where I can cover the entrance to this Downbelow place. Dakota, you wish to back me up? I will construct a "hide" to conceal our presence, somewhere we can keep an eye on as many points of vulnerability as possible."

He began checking his gear, making sure the night-vision scope was functioning on his rifle.
Simon
 NPC, 48 posts
 Head Templar
Wed 13 Aug 2014
at 20:08
Re: In the Junkyard
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 246):

Simon asked, "In that case, Peter, Rowan, Jane, Smoker, Kira, I should like all of you in the conference area with me. Others will be there with their own bodyguard as a show of force. I don't think there will be a problem, but you never know."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1058 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Wed 13 Aug 2014
at 21:21
Re: In the Junkyard
Simon:
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 246):

Simon asked, "In that case, Peter, Rowan, Jane, Smoker, Kira, I should like all of you in the conference area with me. Others will be there with their own bodyguard as a show of force. I don't think there will be a problem, but you never know."

Rowan smiles it will be as you say Simon.
"From an old TV series a quote, that should apply to all there"

"There is no other wisdom and no other hope for us but that we grow wise."
Peter Firecrow
 player, 503 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 02:38
Re: In the Junkyard
Peter gave a nod to the Colonel with his caution. He wouldn't call it paranoia since he might indeed be correct. Only time would tell.

To Simon, Peter gave a gesture that was half-nod and half-shrug indicating assent. "No problem. I think I will just stay with you until then as well to be safe."

When Rowan spoke, however, like so many times before, Peter turned his head slightly to look at her with a look that was a cross between confusion and incredulity. He quickly looked away again but didn't even make a noise.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1059 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 04:35
Re: In the Junkyard
Peter Firecrow:
When Rowan spoke, however, like so many times before, Peter turned his head slightly to look at her with a look that was a cross between confusion and incredulity. He quickly looked away again but didn't even make a noise.

 Rowan smiles she does not expect to be understood,  and is rapidly loosing patience with some people. When people use their brains they might runs her thought
Simon
 NPC, 49 posts
 Head Templar
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 07:22
Re: In the Junkyard
Simon smiled and shook his head. "I don't get the reference but a little wisdom iis something we could all use, eh?

"Grab something to eat, maybe a little extra because I know your rations are depleted. It could be a long afternoon."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:30, Fri 15 Aug 2014.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 1060 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 09:29
Re: In the Junkyard
Simon:
Simon smiled and shook his head. "I don't get the reference but a little wisdom iis something we could all use, eh?

"Grab something to eat, maybe a little extra because I know your rations are depleted. It could be a long afternoon."

Rowan bows slightly
 "When we have time Simon I promise to explain it to you." "But I promise you that where it came from and to the situation it refers to has relevance."
Rowan gets some thing to eat and feeds trickster
Smoker Nix
 player, 614 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 15 Aug 2014
at 10:24
Re: In the Junkyard
Smoker also gets something to eat, and puts some snacks in his pocket to keep himself going through an afternoon of playing bodyguard in a meeting.
The Marshall
 GM, 1786 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 18 Aug 2014
at 09:41
Re: In the Junkyard
As the summit approached, security began being rachetted up. More MPs and militia appeared. Armoured vehicles blocked off the streets.

Schaeffer and Dakota disappeared into the cavernous and dimly-lit underground parkade beneath the hotel.

A small column of 4 military vehicles, unmarked CS issue hover APCs, arrived. They used the ramp to get to the parkade and parked. A few men and woman in suits climbed out, accompanied by soldiers in body armour. They entered the elevator.

Following them was a semi-truck floating on ground-effect jets. It was festooned with chrome, lights, antennae (dish and whipe), sparks and lightning arced from various parts. It hissed to a stop, and a platform elevator disgorged a man dressed like a wizard, a couple assistants, and two bodyguards wearing combat armour and armed with plasma pistols.

The last delegations were clearly from the Convoy, and travelling with them were several lesser delegates. But a man in purple robes caught Schaeffer's eye.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 331 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Mon 18 Aug 2014
at 09:46
Re: In the Junkyard
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 254):

The radio crackled. There was some interference, as he was transmitting from the basement.

"Everyone, this is Schaeffer. We're in the parkade.

"I see what I believe is a delegate from Oil Town in the Oil Confederacy. Some sort of wizard in a big truck, I believe those are the Junkers. The Convoy is bringing representatives from assorted towns and defence leagues. The Sky Pirates are here, as well.

"I recognised one of the delegates, from the Doomsayers. It's our old friend, Brother Edgar. I haven't seen him since that town that had been taken over by the Combine in Kansas. Or was is Oklahoma?"

Jane Guin
 player, 522 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Mon 18 Aug 2014
at 13:46
Re: In the Junkyard
Jane was used to Rowan making comments and quotes that she didn't understand.  She always liked to hear them for it showed how smart Rowan was.  Jane didn't always comment on them since it usually showed how much Jane didn't know on the subject.  Wisdom though was always a good thing to try and obtain.

"Food for the road is a good idea.  Let's get it and get ready.  Shang-ri la is nice but it's also somewhat off."
Peter Firecrow
 player, 504 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 18 Aug 2014
at 18:09
Re: In the Junkyard
Peter gave Simon a nod and went to get a little something to eat. He was nervous so he didn't have a huge appetite, but he knew if he didn't eat something now then he would regret it later on.

When they heard what the Colonel had to say, Peter perked up a bit. Brother Edgar? It had been some time since Peter had seen him. He looked forward to it. And the rest of the information was good, also, of course. Things were about to start, and that meant if someone was indeed still gunning for Simon they would make their move soon.

He finished up quickly and headed back up to Simon.
Jane Guin
 player, 524 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 3 Sep 2014
at 02:17
Re: In the Junkyard
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 257):

Jane takes some of the food and stores them in her pouches for later and then followed Peter and the rest.