Baphomet!   Posted by The Marshall.Group: 0
The Marshall
 GM, 2311 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 24 May 2016
at 04:25
Baphomet!
The service hatch awaited.



Before he acted, Schaeffer used a small mirror to check out the room.

"Long room. Lots of carnage. Not too many standing. I think this needs something a little different."

Putting away his fragmentation grenade, Schaeffer pulled out a flash-bang grenade instead. He nodded at Rowan. "I love you. Now let us end this!"

Pulling the pin, he tossed it through the hatch.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:25, Tue 24 May 2016.

The Marshall
 GM, 2311 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 22 May 2016
at 09:17
Baphomet!
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 1):

There was an incredible "BANG!" as the stun grenade went off inside the room.

It was an incredibly loud sound, echoing through the subterranean corridors.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:20, Sun 22 May 2016.

Increase Trask
 player, 78 posts
 Robo Hunter
Sun 22 May 2016
at 20:10
Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 2):

Trask then entered the room with his rifle at his shoulder he moved towards cover unless a shot at the cyborg was available. He scans the room as red triangles appear on his monitor and flash a warning.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1253 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 22 May 2016
at 21:32
Baphomet!
In reply to Increase Trask (msg # 3):

rowan waits for the fighting team to enter the follows  up towards the rear

OOC: As per message 54 I had a scull prepaired and was ready to step into the room

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:17, Sat 28 May 2016.

COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 player, 463 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sun 22 May 2016
at 21:35
Baphomet!
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 4):

Schaeffer stood aside, waiting for the rest of the posse to enter.

He was long-range fire support, and had a rocket, so he wanted to be closer to the rear of the "stack".
Jane Guin
 player, 701 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sun 22 May 2016
at 23:15
Baphomet!
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 5):

Jane, the other person with the rocket (even if she wasn't an expert in it's operation ) stayed closer to Schaeffer.  If he fired his rocket at least she might be able to see how he did it.  On the other hand, if he needed to fire a rocket they were screwed and she'd be too busy to think too much.  That was the fighter's way.  Do your job and don't over think it because you usually weren't hired to over think (or think at all).

Jane had a small smile on her face as she thought how much of a pain her life was but she still enjoyed it.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 343 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Mon 23 May 2016
at 03:16
Baphomet!
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 6):

Jason comes in using Trask as cover to get clear of the stairwell. His P-90c set for burst and trained on any hostiles in the room. He puts his back to a wall(the nearest one if possible). His S.W.A.T. training from 14 years ago coming into play. He starts scanning the room for targets.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 728 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 23 May 2016
at 18:04
Baphomet!
Peter only entered the room after Trask and Jason had both done so. He covered to the sides for threats rather than ahead, as the two in front of him would be doing that. He glanced for the briefest of moments at Jane as he passed her but then he was all focused on the room and threats, rifle up to his shoulder and held out level.
Smoker Nix
 player, 814 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 24 May 2016
at 08:47
Baphomet!
Smoker, looking distinctly unhappy, padded along in the middle of the bunch. He was hoping they'd come to an exit soon.
Vundra
 player, 234 posts
 Junker
Wed 25 May 2016
at 08:21
Baphomet!
Vundra just follows along with the group, feeling uncomfortable with the level of tension this mission is creating. He moves slowly and keep the cannon pointing slightly upward.
The Marshall
 GM, 2312 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 27 May 2016
at 21:14
Baphomet!
The flashbang went off inside the large room.

Everyone's ears rang as they rushed through the rear door.

Inside, the Combine hideout was a hideous mess. It was a large, open square area. Cases and equipment lay scattered on one side of the room, on the other were bunk beds. The dead lay all over the place. The Combine Black Hat infiltrators were missing part of all of their heads, obviously, someone had triggered their "headbanger" chips! The mercenaries they'd hired were all dead, most were shot up. Some were crushed, others in the kitchen area stabbed each other with the knives and utensils lying around.

The surviving Automaton had been taken out, then blown up by its internal deadman's booby-trap. One particularly large Black Hat, an obvious cyborg in a Confederate officer's uniform, staggered around, his eyes a sickly puke-green, then his head exploded in a shower of blood, bone, grey matter and circuitry. A Black Hat command board dropped from his lifeless fingers. Jane, a former Black Hat herself, was startled to realise she recognised the man. It was Jonas Phelps, a former CSA commando officer that had become one of the Black Hat's most fearsome commanders. He was her former commander in the Black Hats. Since she had escaped the Combine, Phelps had apparently come here to Junkyard and commanded efforts by Combine infiltrators and their mercenary allies. For some reason he'd used his Combine command board to activate the Headbanger chips in most of his mens' heads to kill them. Then triggered his own!

It wasn't hard to tell what had caused much of the other damage, death and destruction, including that of the Automaton. The Russian Drone was currently busy with crushing the head of the last surviving non-Combine mercenary. His screams filled the dank metal chamber, then ended in a CRACK!
Simon
 NPC, 66 posts
 Head Templar
Fri 27 May 2016
at 21:22
Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 11):

In the middle of the room stood Simon, shaking off the effects of the flash-bang grenade. His blinking eyes had the same sickly green glow inside them, like that of his victims. For a moment, the green glow faded. He struggled to speak, to control his own body.

"My friends! Jason! I've been played a fool for years! I never truly killed Baphomet on that day long ago as I thought. Instead... it used my own anger to enter my soul, to hide inside me... coming out at times and possessing other people to kill! It conspired with the Combine to destroy the conference, but it was really just using them for its own ends to destroy my legacy... now it has no further use for them....

"I can't... undo the damage I've done. But I can do one thing. I can hold it within my mortal body. When you kill me, you kill... the beast... once and for all..."


He seemed to be losing control, his face and features shifting... he seemed to be... growing...
Baphomet
 NPC, 1 post
 Demon
 From Hell!
Fri 27 May 2016
at 21:29
Baphomet!
Within an eyeblink, Simon morphed and grew into a seven-foot demon. A demon with green-eyes and shaggy features that somehow still looked like the Templar.

"Ah! More playthings!

"I have been hiding too long in this puny shell for too long!

"It's long past time for me to exercise my full power... WHAT?"

The beast seemed to be confused and upset, but quickly recovered.

"No matter, I will still destroy you all and take your souls, no matter what that weakling Simon thinks he can do to hinder me! I AM INVINCIBLE! Beg for your lives! BEG FOR YOUR SOULS!"
Increase Trask
 player, 79 posts
 Robo Hunter
Fri 27 May 2016
at 22:05
Baphomet!

Trask gave the carnage a quick scan through his monitor before a large red triangle settled on the Russian Drone and a load warning sounded in his suit. H waits for a few seconds letting the rifle charge to the maximum and the targeting system had already given him a bead on the sphere.

As he waited the seconds for his rifle to charge he saw the demon emerge and changed from the Russian drone to target it.


Increase Trask rolled 7 using 4d8, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 7,3,1,2.  Quickness

Holding shot for five actions.

Increase Trask rolled 8 using 5d12+2, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 1,1,6,4,5.  Shootin

Increase Trask rolled 16 using 5d20, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 9,11,16,12,13. = 61 Damage

This message was last edited by the player at 22:50, Mon 30 May 2016.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 345 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Sat 28 May 2016
at 08:45
Baphomet!
"Baphomet! I know your weakness. I carry the blade of Simon. It is only fitting that this blade fell you. Simon may the Saints be with you. None shall know your malady." Jason drops the P-90c and in an exaggerated motion draws the Sword of Simon.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1254 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 28 May 2016
at 08:52
Re: Baphomet!
Jason Sinclair:
"Baphomet! I know your weakness. I carry the blade of Simon. It is only fitting that this blade fell you. Simon may the Saints be with you. None shall know your malady." Jason drops the P-90c and in an exaggerated motion draws the Sword of Simon.

Rowan feeling the sheer immensity steps forward into the room and casts the spell she has help ready throwing the skull at the creature
Peter Firecrow
 player, 730 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 30 May 2016
at 22:27
Re: Baphomet!
Peter stopped dead at the carnage and wanton destruction. His brain tried to process all the pieces of the puzzle strewn about. Then things seemed to click in to place, only to get turned upside down a bit more as Simon turned out to be a demon in hiding? Or had a demon hiding inside of him? Something very bad either way.

For a long moment he just stared in shock at the new and horrifying information. Then just after Trask opened fire he asked, "How do we hurt that without hurting Simon? Or do the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one?"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:35, Mon 30 May 2016.

Smoker Nix
 player, 817 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 31 May 2016
at 07:56
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker stood with his mouth open, starting. They'd come all this way to rescue Simon and now.... this? He just couldn't process it.
Jane Guin
 player, 705 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 31 May 2016
at 13:32
Re: Baphomet!
Jane shook her head as Simon turned into the demon.  "Shit!  That's one ugly Demon.  I'm not sure how much we can do with mundane weapons but I aim to find out.  If nothing else perhaps we can stall long enough for the magical to work."  Jane saw Jason start to walk with Simon's sword.  "Cover Jason!  Don't think about Simon right now.  That thing wants our souls and after getting out of the Black Hats, I'd like to keep whatever soul I have left thankyouverymuch."


Jane opened fire, aiming high so as not to hit Jason.  Part of her wondered how does one kill something that obviously didn't have a heart but then she had heard that about the Black Hats too.  They were heartless...they were souless...they were spawns from hell.  Well perhaps it took one to kill one.  If she had to be a heartless in order to stand against this demon, so be it.  This girl would use her Black Hat training against her trainers to help keep others free.

Redemption was an ugly business at times.
Feldwebel Laurin Knapp
 NPC, 26 posts
 Fernspaeher
 German Ranger
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 03:55
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 19):

Laurin moved to the side to get a clear shot at the demon.

"Mein Gott... ein teuffel!"

This was a little more than she could comprehend. Once she fully comprehended it she stood still, in shock. Then, her G22 slipped out of her hand and clattered to the floor. Her face turned red and she started to gasp. She grabbed at her chest and collapsed backwards. "Gaaakkkk..."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:47, Fri 03 June 2016.

COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 464 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 04:54
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Feldwebel Laurin Knapp (msg # 20):

Following the others into the chamber, Schaeffer let the M4 drop to its sling and deployed the Armbrust AT rocket. He started to line it up on Simon/Baphomet, then caught sight of the combat drone.

The drone's eyes were glowing a sickly puke-green. The same colour that showed in Phelp's eyes. It stood up, focused on them, and spun up its 7.62mm minigun. Without thinking Schaeffer swing the rocket in its direction and fired without taking the time to aim exactly.

Jack of Hearts
2 Actions
M4 Carbine (20/20, 2 spare mags)
Armbrust 300 (1/1)

Action 1: Drop M4, Ready Armbrust
Action 2: Fire Armbrust at Drone

The Marshall
 GM, 2326 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 06:31
Re: Baphomet!
The chamber was a long rectangle 60 yards by 20 yards.

About 30 yards away on the right wall stood the Drone. Baphomet/Simon was in the centre of the room, also 30 yards away.

Schaeffer's rocket streaked out with a roar, buffetting the posse with a scorching wind. The Armbrust had a "soft-launch" system so it could be fired in a confined space without killing the operator or anyone behind them. Although the danger area of the exhaust was greatly reduced you still wouldn't want to be standing behind it!

There was a thunderclap and explosion of sparks and smoke. The Drone collapsed, smoke belching out of the hole where its neck used to be. The Armbrust rocket had blow off its head! It slumped over, M120 minigun barrels spinning to a stop. Everyone's ears rang from the shockwave of the explosion in the confined space.

Surprised, Baphomet looked over at its destroyed minion, the now-headless Soviet combat drone. Rowan threw her Eldritch Blast. The flaming skull flashed out at the demon. But there was something odd... it seemed very hard to pin down its location. Like space was somehow warped around it. The skull missed, zooming past it by a large margin. Peter was unsure if they should harm Baphomet at the risk of hurting Simon, and hesitated.

Marshall's Note: Peter can still take all his Actions, they are just resolved later on in the turn.

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:10, Fri 03 June 2016.

Baphomet
 NPC, 2 posts
 Demon
 From Hell!
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 06:35
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 22):

Seeing Jason draw Simon's sword, Baphomet wordlessly began sprinting at him, clawed hands outstretched to eviscerate him. He was so fast he covered the 30 yard distance in seconds, effortlessly.

Baphomet
3 Actions, 10 Spade
Running (Pace 17 x2)

Action 1: Attack Jason (Rolled 9)
Action 2: Attack Jason (Rolled 11)
Action 3: Hold Card

The Marshall
 GM, 2327 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 06:38
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Baphomet (msg # 23):

Trask's shot should have turned Baphomet inside out. Even at Point Blank Range, he somehow missed him! The green Ripper bolt passed through where Trask though the demon was located but then clanged into the bulkhead behind him.

Marshall's Note: It's clear the demon somehow warps space around itself. All ranged attacks are at -5 to-hit.

Further, anyone with Academia Occult can make a check to know more about this demon and its abilities.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:05, Fri 03 June 2016.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 349 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 15:08
Re: Baphomet!
"Shit. Simon said to kill this thing and that is damned well what we are going to do!" with a demon barreling down on him he does the two smartest things that he can do. Braces for the charge and then starts a figure eight defense. Hoping that this demon is seriously stupid, but doubting every second of that. "Simon and I both knew the risks. Baphomet dies today."

tac block:

 Sword of Simon (Infinite)

2 actions
1:Defense action (Figure eight defense)
2: Sleeve a card

Smoker Nix
 player, 820 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 15:19
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker gathers his rather rattled wits, takes a knee and aims his FAL at the demonic... thing. It may not do much good, but it's better than nothing!


I have 3 actions:
1/take a knee
2/aim at the thing
3/shoot!

Peter Firecrow
 player, 731 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 3 Jun 2016
at 17:16
Re: Baphomet!
The thing..the thing was scary-looking and it...FUCK! His eardrums felt like someone had slamed spikes through them! It took him a second to realize/remember what had just happened. Schaeffer had fired off a rocket in close quarters, not at the demon but at the drone.

Peter blinked several times to clear his eyes as he stumbled back from Schaeffer. He saw the demon and Jason come together and began to fight up close and personal.

He wasn't the greatest fighter in melee so he took aim with his rifle but hesitated to actually shoot, just aiming at the thing, wondering if Simon was still there and how much he cared.

King of Hearts
 2 Actions
 Advanced Combat Rifle (24/30, 4 spare mags)

 Action 1: Drawing a Bead.
 Action 2: Drawing a Bead.

Vundra
 player, 238 posts
 Junker
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 15:43
Re: Baphomet!
As the demonic form emerge in the room, Vundra drops the large gun and draws his FlashGun. He tries recall what he knows about demons as he back off a little and ready to shoot. Hopefully the energy beam of his gun will do better against the demon compare to the Vehicle mount cannon.

 1 Actions
 Flash Gun (40/40 GR)
1. Draw pistol(drop gun as a free action)
Move into range of the pistol.

 Vundra rolled 19 using 2d12, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of (12+7)19,6.  Acc: Occult.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:51, Thu 09 June 2016.

The Marshall
 GM, 2336 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 21:27
Re: Baphomet!
In a movement almost too fast to follow, Baphomet leaped over the incoming fire from Smoker, Jane and Trask. Tracers and the particle beam passed under and around him. Dodging around Jason's flashing blades, he brought his claws down in vicious arcs towards him. In an instant Jason knew if he didn't get out of the way he would be dead.

Razor-sharp claws whistled past his left ear and right shoulder as Jason just managed to get out of their way. Peter and Vundra tried to get a bead on the monster but it moved like quicksilver. Would it be enough?

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:22, Tue 07 June 2016.

Baphomet
 NPC, 3 posts
 Demon
 From Hell!
Tue 7 Jun 2016
at 02:01
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 29):

Annoyed at Schaeffer for taking away his "toy" the Combat Drone, Bbaphomet looked at Schaeffer and hissed. "I think it's time for you to shoot this imbecile with Simon's sword, then shoot yourself in the head."

In the middle of bringing up his rifle, Schaeffer stiffened and stopped. His eyes began to flicker glow the same green that infected Phelp's eyes and that of the combat drone. Schaeffer looked like he was resisting something with all his might, body stiff with strain and exertion! But for an instant Baphomet's face turned back to Simon's, perhaps the Templar was still hindering the demon that had taken his body?

"The rest of you... it's time for you to leave. Or else, one by one, I will take command of your bodies and have your stick the barrels of your guns in your mouths and pull the trigger!"

Then he slashed at Jason again, trying to disarm him. Like, literally remove his arms. No arms, no swords! That done he sprang away, opening the range between his bodies and his attackers. If allowed to do so he would end up in the middle of the room.

Ten Hearts: 4 Actions.

Action 1: Overawe. PCs must make a Guts check TN 22 to resist.
Action 2: Called shot to right Arm
Action 3: Called shot to left Arm
Action 4: Sleeving Card

Added Attacks against Baphomet before his turn are at 5 yds range or less. After his turn he is at 34 yards range.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:12, Tue 07 June 2016.

COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 464 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Thu 9 Jun 2016
at 23:41
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Baphomet (msg # 30):

The green glow faded from Schaeffer's eyes. "Good Lord, it was like... I am myself! I am not the Colonel!" This seeming incoherent babbling stopped at Baphomet started to withdraw. "Oh no you don't, let's not let you get away!"

Moving a few steps forward a few steps in the demon's direction Schaeffer pulled out an M17 tear gas cannister from his webbing. He pulled the pin and prepared to throw it at the far end of the room.


1 Action, 5 Diamonds

SA M4 Carbine (20/20, 3 spare mags)

Action 1: Draw and prep  Tear Gas canister

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:58, Sat 11 June 2016.

Smoker Nix
 player, 825 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 9 Jun 2016
at 08:59
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker found that his hands were shaking and his leg didn't seem to want to move at all. He stayed where he was on one knee and aimed his rifle again.


QH: 4 actions (one lost through fear).

2 actions aiming
1 action taking a shot at Baphomet
12:28, Today: Smoker Nix rolled 14 using 4d10, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 4,6,8,(10+4)14.  Taking a potshot at Baphomet.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:29, Wed 15 June 2016.

Vundra
 player, 240 posts
 Junker
Thu 9 Jun 2016
at 13:11
Re: Baphomet!
With the gun in his hand ,Vundra points it at the montrosity and sqeeze the trigger. The beam of spiritual energy shriek out of his gun toward the baphomet. The beam seems to not make contact so he squeeze the trigger again. This time the beam get closer but still dont make contact.


 2 Actions AD
 Flash Gun (32/40 GR)
1.sleeve
2.Double tap.

Somehow i manage to roll 3 1s in the same roll....
20:03, Today: Vundra rolled 9 using 3d8, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 1,(8+1)9,1.  More shooting.
19:52, Today: Vundra rolled 6 using 3d8, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 6,5,5.  Shooting.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:57, Fri 10 June 2016.

Increase Trask
 player, 85 posts
 Robo Hunter
Thu 9 Jun 2016
at 21:25
Re: Baphomet!

With his teeth gritted Trask fires another bolt from his weapon at the demon. The large pulsating triangle on his HUD gives him a direct link to his weapon and the shot looks good.

Increase Trask rolled 24 using 5d12+2, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 1,10,(12+10)22,2,7.  Shootin.

09:24, Today: Increase Trask rolled 16 using 2d20, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 15,16. Damage = 31

Peter Firecrow
 player, 736 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sat 11 Jun 2016
at 14:34
Re: Baphomet!
Peter aimed and aimed but no one spouted out anything about saving Simon or having a way to not kill Simon while putting the demon down. No one even responded actually. Peter felt his heart grow a bit heavy as he pulled the trigger on his rifle and unleashed an aimed burst at the thing.

4D: 1 Action
  Advanced Combat Rifle (24/30, 4 spare mags)

  Action 1: Firing burst at Baphomet (Hit a 4 with the -9 plus aiming bonuses).

17:57, Today: Peter Firecrow rolled 9 using 4d10, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 5,7,8,9.  Burst at Baphomet, -5 to the total.

Jane Guin
 player, 712 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sat 11 Jun 2016
at 23:26
Re: Baphomet!
Jane shuddered for just a small amount of time, she thought, upon seeing what was playing out.  She had a job to do so she pushed the nightmares aside as much as she could and then took aim and then fired.  Hopefully it would do some good.


Jane - 6C - 2 actions

1 - aim
2 - fire


18:24, Today: Jane Guin rolled 11 using 5d12, keeping the highest dice only, rerolling max with rolls of 11,11,7,6,2.  Jane trying to hit BBB. - 4 to hit for being unnerved so a 7.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 365 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Sun 12 Jun 2016
at 18:58
Re: Baphomet!
Jason landed in a crouch. The tips of Tizona and Colada grazing the ferrocrete. He stands and charges Baphomet intent on running the demon down. Moments of his life flash through his mind.

His high school graduation and recruitment by the Texas Rangers. His graduation from Ranger training and his first assignment. The Cult of Atheron. The order from his superiors that made no sense and he disobeyed.
The reprimand that came down because of that.

 During his charge he feels lighter knowing that he has done all that he can to defeat evil. If this doesn't work he knows that he is dead or at least seriously injured. He prays silently to the Saints to aid him as well as his God from before the fall. He gets no answers just a sense that the Martyrs are with him.

He says "Goodbye sir. May you reach the side of the ones that you lost. May the Martyrs guide you on your path. May you receive peace." Tizona leads the way. With Colada following quickly in his wake. "I will finish this."

Action 1 Attack with Tizona
Action 2 Attack with Colada
Action 3 Attack with Tizona

This message was last edited by the player at 19:30, Sun 12 June 2016.

Rowan Dawson
 player, 1266 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 14 Jun 2016
at 18:07
Re: Baphomet!
Jason Sinclair:
He says "Goodbye sir. May you reach the side of the ones that you lost. May the Martyrs guide you on your path. May you receive peace." Tizona leads the way. With Colada following quickly in his wake. "I will finish this."

Action 1 Attack with Tizona
Action 2 Attack with Colada
Action 3 Attack with Tizona


Rowan strides forward
"In the ladies name I bid thee leave in her name light"
"Leave the living to the living you have no place here Demon"

 She fast draws her katana and strike in a hard Ijitzo strike aiming to cleave the creature in two
The Marshall
 GM, 2358 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Wed 15 Jun 2016
at 21:45
Re: Baphomet!
As Baphomet closed in to dissect Jason, Jason's swords flashed up to strike! The Demon again tried to use its fantastic speed to avoid his blades, and his first few strikes missed. Then Simon's sword, Tizona, connected. Colada, the sword found in the Cathedral of Bone in Wichita, missed. Tizona hit again, then again. The first blow sliced his arm, the second dug into his belly and the third rocked back his head with a solid blow, sending black-green blood flying!

For a moment, the face returned to that of Simon, suffering in great agony. Then the demon's face returned.

There was a low and tortured scream as Vundra pulled the trigger on his Junker energy pistol. A pair of purple beams spat out from the muzzle of the "Buck Rogers" style "Flash Gun" at Baphomet but he missed. Setting his FAL to fully automatic, Smoker let off a 3-round burst. One bullet smashed into his right arm, another in his belly, and the last snapped his horned head back!

The mighty Baphomet staggered back, stunned. Moving his Wolverine up to point blank range, Trask shoved the barrel of his Ripper under Baphomet's chin and pulled the trigger. The demon's eyes glowed purple as the particle beam instantly fried the entire brain pan and exited the upper rear of its skull! Baphomet collapsed backwards.

Sensing her chance Rowan stepped forward and, drawing her Katana, struck downwards. Her recently-purchased Katana sliced cleanly through the right arm, separating it. The arm flopped away from the body. Jane and Peter riddled the corpse with more bullets.

Marshall's Note: No Quickness checks are neede for right now. But perhaps soon. Post your next actions. Keep them brief!

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:19, Thu 16 June 2016.

Simon
 NPC, 67 posts
 Head Templar
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 02:21
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 39):

Simon's body lay on his back, one arm outstretched, the other lying severed nearby, leaking a black ichor. Smoke coiled from his mouth and empty eye-sockets.

And acrid smoke also curled from the plasma bolt's exit channel on the top of his head. Actually, the smell of cooked meat was perversely enticing!

This message was last edited by the player at 06:07, Thu 16 June 2016.

Increase Trask
 player, 86 posts
 Robo Hunter
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 02:31
Re: Baphomet!

Trask stepped back from the corpse several paces with his gun still leveled at the demon.
The Marshall
 GM, 2360 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 02:47
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Increase Trask (msg # 41):

Trask realised that Simon didn't even look like a demon any more. Even the blood that was splattered around had turned a human red.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 465 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 06:09
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 42):

"Scheisse!" swore Schaeffer as he put away his CS grenade. "I can't believe we actually killed it!"

"Feldwebel Knapp! She's had a heart attack!"
he exclaimed. His friend was lying on her back, foam at her mouth, eyes staring at the ceiling, face purple. He began unfastening her combat armour in order to render first aid.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:29, Thu 16 June 2016.

Smoker Nix
 player, 829 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 08:09
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker staggered to his feet, his bad leg almost buckling under him and tears in his eyes.

"So sorry, Simon... we tried. We tried."
Vundra
 player, 242 posts
 Junker
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 10:51
Re: Baphomet!
Vundra look shocked by what just happen, he holster his pistol and plug it into his spare battery to recharge. Then he crouches down and pick up his heavy weapon.
Jane Guin
 player, 715 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 12:35
Re: Baphomet!
Jane switched targets so that she was now covering Knapp and Schaeffer.  Heart attack or possession.  Who knows, she certainly didn't but Schaeffer was close for the first possibility and too close for the second.

"Careful Sir.  Baphomet took possession of a body once, I wouldn't want to see you possessed like that.  Keep a sharp eye out everybody.  That smell will draw attention of the unwanted kind."
Jason Sinclair
 player, 370 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 14:27
Re: Baphomet!
"Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust. Simon has passed and a shining beacon of hope is now gone. Goodbye sir and I hope you understand the need for this next thing. May the Martyrs guide you to peace." Jason steps over to the former leader of the Template and does what any Texas Ranger would. He cuts off the head using Tizona. "I had to be certain Simon. I am truly sorry."
Peter Firecrow
 player, 738 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 16:15
Re: Baphomet!
Peter stepped back, well actually more staggered back, a few steps until his back connected with the wall near the door. He stared down at Simon's body for a moment before bowing his head. He hadn't want this. Simon hadn't been a perfect man, but he'd been a fairly good man, especially for the relatively shitty place that the world was these days. He stayed quiet for the moment, took a deep breath and glanced back in to the hallway to make sure nothing else was coming to fuck with them.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1267 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 17:57
Re: Baphomet!
Jason Sinclair:
"Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust. Simon has passed and a shining beacon of hope is now gone. Goodbye sir and I hope you understand the need for this next thing. May the Martyrs guide you to peace." Jason steps over to the former leader of the Template and does what any Texas Ranger would. He cuts off the head using Tizona. "I had to be certain Simon. I am truly sorry."

Rowan kneels there in prayer her hand sketching the signs of balance and peace over her friends corpse.
Standing she looks at the group. "For as long as we all live please can we agree that Simon fell in combat with the demon that had returned.".
"Above ones know we need the Templars and what they stand for".
"I would not have his name disgraced or the Templars bought down"

Jason Sinclair
 player, 371 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 18:03
Re: Baphomet!
"No mention of which demon. If word gets out that Baphomet survived to possess Simon the Templars would be done." If Jason could be more grim you doubt it.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1268 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 18:05
Re: Baphomet!
Jason Sinclair:
"No mention of which demon. If word gets out that Baphomet survived to possess Simon the Templars would be done." If Jason could be more grim you doubt it.

Rowan smiles "as far as I am concerned he died leading us in a fight against a summoned demon is that not what happened my friends"
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 466 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Sun 19 Jun 2016
at 04:13
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 51):

Continuing his compressions on Knapp's chest, Schaeffer looked up.

"Rowan! Move over here and help me with her. She's gone into cardiac arrest!"
The Marshall
 GM, 2361 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 19 Jun 2016
at 04:49
Re: Baphomet!
Nothing dramatic happened when Jason removed the head with Tizona, Simon's sword. But somehow you get the feeling that the demon was truly dead.

They were left in an underground chamber perhaps a hundred metres or more underground. There were upwards of 50-60 dead lying around. About half, maybe a little less, were Combine infiltrators decapitated by the triggering of their headbanger chips. The rest were unchipped mercenaries dead at each others' hands/guns/grenades, or under the guns of the now-headless drone. The "combat drone" wasn't a robot but a heavily armoured cyborged man (woman?) equipped with a chainsword and M120 minigun. The second automaton had exploded when it took enough damage to deactivate it.

The chamber smelled of death and scorched meat. Most of the lights were blown out.
Increase Trask
 player, 87 posts
 Robo Hunter
Sun 19 Jun 2016
at 05:21
Re: Baphomet!

Trask secured the exits, checking on the door that he thought the enemy were preparing to use. When that was done he would begin to search the dead and make sure they were in fact dead.

He looks over the two automaton and then the sphere that the rocket took out, again making sure they were down for good.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1269 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 19 Jun 2016
at 08:18
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 52):

Rowan moves quickly to help.
Kneeling and using her medical training to bring Knapp back.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 739 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Sun 19 Jun 2016
at 14:32
Re: Baphomet!
Peter just stood there for a moment and then let out a heavy sigh. He watched Trask moving to secure the exits and nodded. He glanced at Rowan helping Schaeffer with downed Knapp. He frowned and hoped she'd be okay, but knew better than to get in the way. He didn't have any medical or first aid training.

He surveyed the room for a moment and then began to gather up what was worth money or what was salvageable.
Jane Guin
 player, 716 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sun 19 Jun 2016
at 14:52
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 56):

Jane let Peter and Increase do the scavaging.  It was a gruesome business that they were in and in doing it they had to buy equipment and such.  Jane still covered Knapp with her weapon just in case.  Weird things had happened before and she didn't want her friends to die just because somebody wasn't watching.
Smoker Nix
 player, 830 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sun 19 Jun 2016
at 17:56
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker limped over to join in the scavenging.
Vundra
 player, 243 posts
 Junker
Sun 19 Jun 2016
at 19:32
Re: Baphomet!
With the initial shock wearing of, Vundra heads toward what look to be a workshop area and try find if he can pick up bit and pieces for his invention. He start searching for any electrical or chemical parts he can use for his junker mojo.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 372 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Mon 20 Jun 2016
at 06:28
Re: Baphomet!
Jason quietly goes about the business of prepping Simon's body for transport. He finds a relatively clean sheet or blanket to use as a burial shroud. He pauses for a moment. "Do I have a right to the Saint's blessing. I helped kill Simon. I know it was his wish to end the demon, but still." He prays that Rowan is successful as he finishes his duty to a hope tarnished.
The Marshall
 GM, 2363 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 21 Jun 2016
at 06:25
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 60):

Somehow Jason knew the demon was dead, that it had left Simon. And they had left Simon's reputation intact. Rowan and Schaeffer worked on his friend. She had suffered a heart attack at the demon revealing itself. Perhaps unlike the posse she just couldn't believe in the supernatural nature of what they faced, despite Schaeffer's warning.

The chamber was packed with supplies and weapons. Much of it was Combine issue and therefore booby-trapped. Only Jane could handle this equipment safely due to her Headbanger chip. In fact, its signal was probably the only thing keeping it all from going off, if the fail-safe had been tripped by the Combine infiltrator commander, Phelps, before he died. There were thousands of rounds of ammunition in all different calibres, Combine, SATO and NATO. Grenades, body armour, the works. D-21 Assault rifles and SMGs taken from the Junkyard militia, Junkyard militia uniforms, helmets and webbing. Combine weapons like Damnation rifles,

Trask secured the hatch behind them. As well, he checked the front passage. As expected it was heavily booby-trapped. It would collapse the entire area if it went off. The one automaton was destroyed by its own fail-safe charge intended to prevent capture. The two cyborgs were in rough shape. Phelps had blown his head off using his headbanger chip, like he did with his Combine troops. The other cyborg, the Soviet combat drone had taken an AT rocket to the head. The 7.62mm minigun mounted on its shoulder in an armoured pod seemed salvageable.
Smoker Nix
 player, 831 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 21 Jun 2016
at 09:10
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker kept well clear of the Combine stuff. He'd almost lost his life to some boobytrapped kit, the limp was a premanent remminder.
The Marshall
 GM, 2364 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 24 Jun 2016
at 18:53
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 62):

Using her paramedic bag, Rowan was able to get Knapp stabilised. Fortunately her heart had not stopped (which would be instantly and irreversible) but instead was fibrillating, or beating without coordination. Chest compressions followed by injection of heart medication to combat arrest along with shocks from the paramedic kit's defibrillator restarted her heart. But she was in poor shape. Rowan didn't think it would be a good idea to move her, even stabilised, unless they had a stretcher. Even then it would be risky.

On the plus side no one or nothing seemed to be trying to get at them from the rear entry they'd used to access this chamber. Whatever those things were in the vat room they didn't seem to be following them.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1272 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 24 Jun 2016
at 21:51
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 63):

Rowan sits back on heals, one more saved from the darkness she thinks to herself. "Welcome back Knapp, please do not scare my man like that".
"Now you lie quite for a short while and I / we will see about getting you out of here"
Rowan looks around the room tears flowing down her face. Oh Goddess what have we done she thinks quietly to her self.

'Once more the death burden lies on me, some where down the road I hope all this death is worth while'
Increase Trask
 player, 89 posts
 Robo Hunter
Sat 25 Jun 2016
at 03:56
Re: Baphomet!

Trask waited for Jane to sift out the booby trap gear adding "Toss me the mags and I will add them to the pile.". Once the potentially explosive gear was removed Trask made piles of equipment and weapons that they could take.

He also looked for a tub or something similar that they could load the equipment into.
Jane Guin
 player, 717 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sun 26 Jun 2016
at 03:03
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Increase Trask (msg # 65):

Jane sifted through the items and carefully took out the boobytrapped Combine stuff.  While she knew she was the only one who could do it for the group, it still gave her a funny feeling.  it was so many times that she had been threatened to have it go off and then when she escaped nobody could tell her for certain if it had worked or not.  It could have easily been her lying  on the floor.  BUT it wasn't and she had an obligation, and one she willingly did, to her group.

When she had everything sorted out and the mags tossed over to Trask Jane sat down in a corner and was silent.
Smoker Nix
 player, 832 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sun 26 Jun 2016
at 13:35
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker moved over to Rowan.

"Do you need anything? Will Knapp be up to walking out or do we have to make something to support her?"

It could so easily have been him lying there. He'd swear his heart missed a beat when he first saw the demon!
Vundra
 player, 244 posts
 Junker
Sun 26 Jun 2016
at 13:51
Re: Baphomet!
Vundra remains quiet as the situation have not settled in his mind. He search though the supply, ignoring most of the stuff and only look for raw supply for his magic. He dont know how to deal with the monster, the transformation and all. After searching around the workbench, he heads over to the broken cyborg and try figure out if he can slavage any of it or scrap them for parts.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1273 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 26 Jun 2016
at 22:28
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker Nix:
Smoker moved over to Rowan.

"Do you need anything? Will Knapp be up to walking out or do we have to make something to support her?"

It could so easily have been him lying there. He'd swear his heart missed a beat when he first saw the demon!

Rowan sighs her face bleak and haunted
"She will not be walking out that's for sure, even carrying her will be risky for her"
"I need some time to get her completely stable"

The Marshall
 GM, 2365 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 07:12
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 64):

The chamber had a curtained off medical area, enough for primitive battlefield medicine. After all, the chipped Combine infiltrators could hardly show up at Hellstromme Memorial hospital if they sustained injuries in the Down Below or elsewhere in Junkyard. The one table was occupied by a strapped-down man with his throat sliced open, bleeding out all over the place including the equipment and much of the supplies. There was a stretcher bed, similarly occupied with another deceased patient.

What Smoker guessed was a medic was nearby the foot of the operating table. She had gouged out her own eyes with a scalpel. As Smoker helped Rowan locate a stretcher and additional useful medical supplies, they noted with a start that the medic was still moving.

Meanwhile, Vundra moved on from the drone/automaton workshop. There were minor tools and supplies there. Most likely some unlucky technician or Junker had assembled the automatons in some surface shop and then been killed to ensure secrecy. With regards to the Drone the cyborg's head was gone and with it much valuable electronics. one hand had been replaced by a power ram and the other with a chain sword. The shoulder-mounted M120 minigun was probably still operable and seemed to have over a hundred rounds of 7.62mm SATO still in its magazine. Trask was able to find several different containers from plastic bins to metal ammo cans to equipment cases.

The body count was actually a lot lower once the fact that most of the dead were in pieces. Once the booby-trapped Combine gear was sorted out it seemed like it was decent pickings for the Wasted West. There were a few hundred rounds each of 5.56mm NATO and 7.62mm SATO. A half-empty box of 13 frag grenades, a box of 7 tear gas, 9 coloured smoke, 3 White Phosphor (improved smoke), 5 Flash-Bangs. As a particular nice score there were 4 cases of 12x Milrats each plus 5 loose ones. There were enough intact Kevlar vests (with inserts) for anyone to have one if they wanted.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 467 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 07:21
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 70):

Having set up a watch on the rear entry, Schaeffer looked back at the Posse.

"Ach! Let us not take more than we may easily carry. We must move fast and be ready to fight, ya? And we have Knapp to carry. Those of you without assault rifles, consider taking a D-21 and ammunition."

The D-21 was the Deseret Militia version of the NA M21A1 Assault rifle, an upgrade of the 5.56mm NATO M21 rifle that was based on the Steyr AUG. The Mormon D-21 featured a heavier barrel, bipod and 4x optical sight. The infiltrator base's armoury had several dozens of these in its armoury, although little ammunition. They had likely come from the Junkyard militia company that had disappeared here in the Down Below about a year ago.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1275 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 07:41
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 72):

Okay in medical are there any hover stretchers?
Rowan is stocking up on medical stuff
She will use a poultice to heal the medic, having made sure she wants to be healed first.
She will then check for credits, and notes.
Consideration are the D-21 any better than her AK
The Marshall
 GM, 2367 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 08:12
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 73):

Much of the medical supplies are destroyed or covered in blood and tissue, a definite biohazard! She found enough to replenish her medical kit.

There were no hover-stretchers, but this wasn't too surprising as those were rare after the war and not really handy in the field. Hover-stretchers were like mini-hovercraft and bigger than normal folding stretchers. They had to be carried up and down stairs and over obstructions or rough ground, and were very heavy.
Increase Trask
 player, 90 posts
 Robo Hunter
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 08:45
Re: Baphomet!

Trask continued to work. Packing the recovered gear into as few containers as possible and then tying them together so he could carry them over his shoulder, or at least the heaviest ones. Once he had the loading sorted he would wait for the others as he ran a simple diagnostic and watched his sensors.
The Marshall
 GM, 2369 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 08:51
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Increase Trask (msg # 75):

The Wolverine was not designed to be a pack horse. It's combat manoeuvrability would be degraded and targeting servos could have some interference. While the Wolverine was reasonably quiet it would sound like a collection of pots and pans as it trundled along.

Over in the medical bay, the Medic responded, "ahhh.... please... help me...." With that, Rowan applied the poultice. It would take an hour to fully work it's healing magic but it had an immediate effect. The Medic seemed to relax as her pain melted away.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1278 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 08:56
Re: Baphomet!
The Marshall:
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 73):

Much of the medical supplies are destroyed or covered in blood and tissue, a definite biohazard! She found enough to replenish her medical kit.

There were no hover-stretchers, but this wasn't too surprising as those were rare after the war and not really handy in the field. Hover-stretchers were like mini-hovercraft and bigger than normal folding stretchers. They had to be carried up and down stairs and over obstructions or rough ground, and were very heavy.

Rowan mutters words best left unheard, as she looks at the waste of medical supplies, and the lack of means of moving Knapp safely. Hearing the Medics call she moves to comfort and heal her.
"Easy I am Rowan we can heal you and restore you given time."
She checks Knapp again trying to work out how long it will be till she is safe to move.
The Marshall
 GM, 2371 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 09:01
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 77):

Knapp is not going to be really any better than she is now. The medic has lapsed into unconsciousness and will also need transport on a stretcher, of which there are a few folding ones available.

Going through the pockets of the dead for money, Rowan feels a chill. Like something old, and evil, and hungry has become aware of her. It approves, knowing she is moving closer to it. Rowan finds a loose collection of Widgets, the Junkyard currency, totally around $391.44. The bills feel greasy and a little slick.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 468 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 09:13
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 78):

Noting his lover's activity, Schaeffer shook his head in disappointment. "I feel that is wrong, love. Take what you need in the way of weapons and supplies to survive, yes. Do not be foolish like Trask, of course. This thing is not the way of civilised people. Let's keep what decency we have left for the dead. They far outnumber us in this world now, yes?"

Coming up beside her he put an arm around his shoulders, and held out his hand for what she'd found.
Vundra
 player, 245 posts
 Junker
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 09:21
Re: Baphomet!
As he finishes surveying the scene, Vundra walks over to the dead body of Simon. He stare at it for a while and whispers a few word then walks over to Rowan. "Will Knapp be ooo...kkay? If needed I might be able to assemble something to help m..mmove her."
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 469 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 09:33
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Vundra (msg # 80):

Seeing his love wrestle with her conscience, Schaeffer nodded his head. "Ya, please do it. Anything to help. We must get going soon but we will wait if necessary."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1281 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 09:33
Re: Baphomet!
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer:
Coming up beside her he put an arm around his shoulders, and held out his hand for what she'd found.

Rowan throws the money away with a wrench of her hand and a shiver, what was she doing it was wrong she knew better, she stands there shivering in Schaeffers arms totally limp and exhausted, tears rolling down her face at the shear waste this has all become. Her oath broken uncompleted, death surrounding her. What was left, she wonders
The Marshall
 GM, 2373 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 09:36
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 82):

All Schaeffer could do was hold her in his arms and comfort her, waiting for the storm to pass.

Somewhere, perhaps in the Hunting Grounds or elsewhere beyond time and space something howled in frustration, knowing that this opportunity was lost to it to gain another Servitor.
Vundra
 player, 246 posts
 Junker
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 09:42
Re: Baphomet!
"I can rig up some make shift hover pad, It will take round half an hour though. " With that Vundra walks around and pick up stuff he need for his magic.
Vundra
 player, 248 posts
 Junker
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 18:17
Re: Baphomet!
After scroungin' for some structure part and throw in a few from his pack, Vundra begins assembling the stretcher. He put two large hunk of stuff at each end then lay some cables between them. He look rather busy assembling the stuff as each piece seems to magically fits together somehow. All while he is doing so, he keep glancing at simon's body or what used to be. He is still not sure mkae of what happened....
The Marshall
 GM, 2374 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 19:28
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Vundra (msg # 85):

Jason was able to find a body bag to put Simon's body in for transport.

Marshall's Note: I forgot to mention this.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 373 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Mon 27 Jun 2016
at 19:32
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Vundra (msg # 85):

Having wrapped Simon's corpse in a semblance of a funeral shroud as best he could Jason goes to help sort gear. He takes a D-21 and a couple clips, if no one objects, for himself. His main focus is getting Simon's body out as intact as he can now. He will help with Knapp and the medic if asked, but refuses to leave Simon's body short of extreme measures.
Increase Trask
 player, 91 posts
 Robo Hunter
Tue 28 Jun 2016
at 03:34
Re: Baphomet!

Looking at the load Trask though better of it "Lets divide up the grenades now and then I think we could all carry a ammo can each and that should have it covered." He looked over what was available in the line of a long gun as he resorted the piles.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 470 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 28 Jun 2016
at 08:19
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Increase Trask (msg # 88):

Schaeffer frowned. That seemed like a lot of weight to be carrying around.

"Good Christ, no, let us not do that. We have casualties, we could get hit at any time on the way out. We need to be ready to fight."

He gestured to the pile of weapons from the mercenaries. There were about forty-odd 5.56mm D-21 rifles, three 5.56mm M21s, an 7.62mm AK-47 and 7.62mm SKS. There were also a few shotguns, prewar police pistols and SMGs, and several of each NA and SA sidearms.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:11, Tue 28 June 2016.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 374 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Tue 28 Jun 2016
at 16:59
Re: Baphomet!
"Trask we will be in Junkyard for a little bit. We can always come back down to get it. If nothing else we can send a salvage team down to get it for us. People need to know and these two lives matter. Standard Wasteland rules don't apply. Chances are we will get back to this before scavs will. Trap the door if you must but we are leaving the majority of this here." Jason doesn't look pleased at the prospect of loss of life vs gear.
Increase Trask
 player, 92 posts
 Robo Hunter
Tue 28 Jun 2016
at 21:05
Re: Baphomet!

Trask began to load the ammunition and other ordnance into packs once the boxes were not going to be carried. He takes his share of the grenades and then continues dropping mags and ammunition from the prewar weapons into the new containers.

As he searches through the pile he keeps and eye out for a UMP-45 or a high capacity 9mm poly gun, Glock, Springfield armory or similar as well as mags for it.
Vundra
 player, 249 posts
 Junker
Wed 29 Jun 2016
at 04:32
Re: Baphomet!
As time goes by Vundra finishes his stretcher, it look like two large ducted fan on either end of the stretcher. At one end the cannon is mounted on one of the fan. As he finishes, he plug one of the pack from his unfinished gun into it and flick the switch on.....

OOC: Stability roll

11:30, Today: Vundra rolled 18 using 1d20 with rolls of 18.  please Dont blow up :P.
failed by 2 .....

Peter Firecrow
 player, 740 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Wed 29 Jun 2016
at 15:44
Re: Baphomet!
Peter felt no shame in looting dead assholes, and the Combine were some of the worst of the worst. He took as much of the food as he could and ammo, and one vest - after checking with Jane to make sure none of it was booby-trapped. He wasn't much for grenades but recognized their value but thought those might actually be booby-trapped.

"Hmm. Carrying two wounded and one...dead...will be difficult. Do we have anything we can rig up to be a...travois or something to drag them behind the Wolverine perhaps?"
Smoker Nix
 player, 833 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Wed 29 Jun 2016
at 16:14
Re: Baphomet!
"For the dead, probably. Does anyone know what Templar funerary customs are? Somehow I think they are the sort who place emphasis on getting the mortal remains back. A travois is likely to be too rough a ride for the wounded, they are more fragile than corpses," said Smoker.

He, too, saw no issue in looting the dead. It's not as if they had use for anything anymore. It would be a different story if he knew who their dependents, heirs and successors were, but he didn't fancy walking up to a Combine base to find out!

Instead he wandered over to Vundra.

"Do you need a hand with that?"

He started looking over the contraption for loose wires or logical flaws in its construction.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 375 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Wed 29 Jun 2016
at 17:39
Re: Baphomet!
"We have a custom for normal Templar dead. Return the body if possible. If not at least the sword so that they may live on in a fashion. This will be different I don't know how yet, but I am sure that it will be." Jason privately worries that he will be held responsible. Heck he was there for the deaths of two of the first Templars and was responsible for one of them after a fashion. He needs to assure himself of the Saints still working through him, but is unsure how to check.
The Marshall
 GM, 2375 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Fri 1 Jul 2016
at 04:22
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 94):

It took over an hour for Vundra to complete his work. By then, both patients were stable enough to move.

Vundra's 2 "hover-stretchers" were true Junker tech. They were lifted by ducted fans with rotors and motors mainly salvaged from old rusty HVAC units in the chamber's ceiling.

Both were armed. One had the minigun salvaged from the combat drone mounted on a pedestal, the other held Vundra's Voxar energy cannon.
Vundra
 player, 250 posts
 Junker
Fri 1 Jul 2016
at 14:21
Re: Baphomet!
Looking at his creations, Vundra is quite satisfied with what he built.

"Sss...So Someone need to guide one of this along, there nothing piloting them so Yyyy...You need to push em. They should do most of the heavy lifting though." He point out the simple control to the group and get behind the one with the cannon.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 376 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Fri 1 Jul 2016
at 15:56
Re: Baphomet!
"God I love Junker tech."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1282 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 1 Jul 2016
at 16:07
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 98):

rowan looks at what her friends have built.
"Thank you all" she says sincerely, "lets load out casualties on and get moving shall we"?


Rowan does not look back at the equipment pile, she just wants out of here
Smoker Nix
 player, 834 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 1 Jul 2016
at 16:14
Re: Baphomet!
"I'll shove the other one," volunteered Smoker.
The Marshall
 GM, 2378 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 5 Jul 2016
at 04:45
Re: Baphomet!
Trak would be in the lead, arms full of scavanged ammo. He was unable to find a high-cap 9mm pistol, but there was a Salt Lake City PD issue UMP-10 with a single empty 25-round magazine. He was able to find 69 10mm rounds.

Schaeffer would follow him, reasoning that if the power suit was hindered in combat at least it would provide a juicy target for attackers, and he could take advantage of that. Jane with her SAW was ready to provide fire support. Next came Vundra and Smoker with the unwieldy and noisy hover-stretchers, with Rowan monitoring the patients' vital signs. After them came Jason, burdened with the body bag carrying Simon, and then Peter, also burdened with ammunition.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 471 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 5 Jul 2016
at 04:46
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 101):

"Well, which way? The front entrance is mined.

"If we go out the rear, we will be going through the vat room with those... things."


It was clear he didn't relish either option.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 379 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Tue 5 Jul 2016
at 14:20
Re: Baphomet!
"The vat room would likely see more than Simon dead. So how do we take out the mines other than stepping on them?"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1283 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 5 Jul 2016
at 18:19
Re: Baphomet!
Jason Sinclair:
"The vat room would likely see more than Simon dead. So how do we take out the mines other than stepping on them?"

How much blast would there be if I hit the lot with and energy blast Rowan asks quietly
Jason Sinclair
 player, 380 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Tue 5 Jul 2016
at 18:24
Re: Baphomet!
"If we did that we could just toss a corpse out the door. Just saying is all."
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 472 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 5 Jul 2016
at 20:26
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 103):

Schaeffer looked towards the front entrance area, then the rear hatch they came through.

"The front entry is booby-trapped. It will collapse if the explosives go off. The Combine obviously intended to escape out the rear if that happened. I have no idea how the creatures in the vats fit into their plans. Perhaps something went wrong?"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 741 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Wed 6 Jul 2016
at 19:56
Re: Baphomet!
Peter looked at the group as things got ready to get underway but were then stymied by the exit options. "Does someone have a way to disarm the explosives safely? If we don't then we might as well go the other way and combat our way out since we at least have a chance. If someone has the ability and confidence to disarm the trap without setting it off, then I am all for going that way."
Jane Guin
 player, 721 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 19:02
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 107):

Jane looked over at Peter and gave him a grin.  "Safely disarm?  No.  Not me.  My demolition training was more of the "shoot at a distance and plow your way through OR I'll activate your chip to clear our way" type of training.  Rowan wondered about hitting with an energy blast.  Anybody have any idea of that would be less of a blast?  I'm thinking a blast is a blast but like I said...careful demolitions isn't my wheelhouse."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1286 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 21:12
Re: Baphomet!
Jane Guin:
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 107):

Jane looked over at Peter and gave him a grin.  "Safely disarm?  No.  Not me.  My demolition training was more of the "shoot at a distance and plow your way through OR I'll activate your chip to clear our way" type of training.  Rowan wondered about hitting with an energy blast.  Anybody have any idea of that would be less of a blast?  I'm thinking a blast is a blast but like I said...careful demolitions isn't my wheelhouse."

Rowan chuckles "I know about as much as you Jane, but we could take a look with out touching"
I mealy wondered if I could over whelm the explosives and electronics and fuse every thing dead.
Rowan shrugs "as I said I know nothing about explosives".
"I wonder about dropping a grenade Into each of the Vats in the other room"
Lets take a look shall we

Jane Guin
 player, 723 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 22:25
Re: Baphomet!
Jane laughed with Rowan.  "Well then I'll be in good company.  We don't have to touch anything and be careful where you walk.  If it is set off by the chips, staying close to me might prevent that."

Following her own advise, Jane went with Rowan towards the explosives and then stopped and looked over her shoulder. "You might to see if you can find some corner to shield yourself more...just in case."  She then continued towards the explosives, carefully walking but not touching them.
Smoker Nix
 player, 837 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 12:01
Re: Baphomet!
"Coming from the side where it was set up, rather than the side it was supposed to be defending, it might be easier to see how it's rigged and so dismantle it," said Smoker.
Increase Trask
 player, 93 posts
 Robo Hunter
Thu 14 Jul 2016
at 09:42
Re: Baphomet!

Trask waited for a decision to be made either way. He had no demo training and was a liability when it came to such things. He watched his sensors for the most part ready to "holla" if something came up. He had strapped two of the packs so they could be worn conventionally across his back and he had hung two more off utility hooks off the back of the suit.

His rifle was at his shoulder as he prepared to move out once they had a direction.
The Marshall
 GM, 2385 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 14 Jul 2016
at 09:53
Re: Baphomet!
Jane determined that the booby traps had a switch (really, several switches and a battery) that disarmed them. This made sense as they wanted to be able to use their own front door!

With some fiddling the front door was made secure and safe to use.
Jane Guin
 player, 724 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 14 Jul 2016
at 12:17
Re: Baphomet!
Jane shook her head after they had fiddled with the demolition stuff.  "I'd sure hate to do THAT for a living."  She did give Rowan a pleased look as they had done something they didn't normally do.  Jane didn't have any doubts that she could have missed something or the next time she might end up in pieces but she had also learned to take one step at a time because you weren't even guaranteed to live out the day.

After the disarming, Jane moved back over by Peter and gave him a small hip bump.  That had always been her trademark non verbal communication with him to show him that she was ok.
Smoker Nix
 player, 838 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 14 Jul 2016
at 13:51
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker helped as best he could. Well, you never know when any scrap of knowledge might come in handy!
Peter Firecrow
 player, 742 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 14 Jul 2016
at 15:58
Re: Baphomet!
Peter didn't do it consciously, but he not only tensed up but he even held his breath as Jane went to disarm the bomb. He was worried, but knew that she had the best ability to touch Combine gear with the least risk. Still, he noisily expelled the breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding and relaxed once she was safe once more.

He put a hand on her shoulder and gave a squeeze. "Well done."

To everyone else he gave a shrug and a small smile. "Let us get moving now that the way is safe, but keep your attention out for any more surprises."
Increase Trask
 player, 94 posts
 Robo Hunter
Fri 15 Jul 2016
at 06:01
Re: Baphomet!

Trask nodded and then added "Right, lets get out of the shit hole and back to some civilization." He leads them out the doors and tried to make his way back the route they had come, missing the vat room.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:04, Fri 15 July 2016.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 384 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Fri 15 Jul 2016
at 12:06
Re: Baphomet!
Jason shakes his head at the racket from the ammo cans. "Since stealth isn't an option we need speed. Stretcher in the middle. Jane do you want rear or up here? Smoker and Vundra are center. Vundra cover right. Smoker left side. I can pull rear if you don't want it."

These are suggestions as always folks. If you want to do it different then say so. Jason won't argue.
Jane Guin
 player, 725 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 15 Jul 2016
at 12:33
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 118):

"That's ok Jason.  I can take rear guard.  Unless I turn tale and overrun you guys to get the hell out of here."

Jane smiled.  She wasn't known for losing her grip in a tense situation.
The Marshall
 GM, 2386 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 16 Jul 2016
at 09:34
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 119):

Jane threw a switch, disconnected a couple wires.

The trap was disarmed! Or seemingly. Someone would need to open the door first to really find out.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1288 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 16 Jul 2016
at 09:39
Re: Baphomet!
The Marshall:
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 119):

Jane threw a switch, disconnected a couple wires.

The trap was disarmed! Or seemingly. Someone would need to open the door first to really find out.

 rowan checks for a handle to tie a rope to and pull the door open from a distance
The Marshall
 GM, 2387 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 17 Jul 2016
at 02:50
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 121):

There was an inside handle. Rowan was easily able to attach a rope to open the booby-trapped outer main entry door. With some arranging she could pull it open from fifty feet away, around a corner.

She tugged on the rope. Nothing happened at first. Then the door gave and it slammed open inwards, clanging against the wall! It seemed safe when she peeked around the corner, perhaps the trap was truly disarmed.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 385 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Sun 17 Jul 2016
at 07:25
Re: Baphomet!
Jason gently sets Simon's body down and grabs a Combine Soldier's body. "Unless any of you has an objection I'm testing the trap."
Jane Guin
 player, 726 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sun 17 Jul 2016
at 14:30
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 123):

"It is perhaps the best way to do it.  I haven't ever used use a body with the chips that haven't gone off so I'm not sure if it will trigger it."

Jane didn't normally like to do that stuff but on the other hand she didn't see another option right now.  The body was but a shell.
The Marshall
 GM, 2388 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 18 Jul 2016
at 19:56
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 124):

None of the Combine infiltrators had an intact chip, as they had all been given the fail-safe command and detonated in their skulls. The door's booby-trap command panel had a knife-switch that Jane had flipped down and turned on a green light. Who knew if that meant it was really safe or not?

The body Jason grabbed was of a middle-aged black man, ex-Confederate by the rags of his fatigues. His head still remained attached to his body, barely, by a few tendons and sinews in the neck that weren't severed when his Headbanger chip detonated.

Throwing the body through the doorway didn't trigger anything. It landed bonelessly on the other side, in the larger room they had been in before.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 473 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 26 Jul 2016
at 08:33
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 125):

Schaeffer surveyed the corpse where it lay in the outside concourse.

"Well. It seems there are no laser beams or other traps.

"Let's go."

Increase Trask
 player, 95 posts
 Robo Hunter
Tue 26 Jul 2016
at 09:30
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 126):

Trask takes the lead, SAW at his shoulder as he tries to retrace their steps without going through the vat room. He watched his sensors for anything out of the ordinary, but he was primary focused on what was ahead.
Smoker Nix
 player, 841 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 26 Jul 2016
at 11:07
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker concentrated on steering the stretcher. It had a bit of a mind of its own, kept veering to the left...
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1289 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 26 Jul 2016
at 17:31
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 128):

Rowan walks beside her casualties tending them as they go.
Letting the others guard.

Rowan is a little weighed down, her medical pack rides on the nearest stretcher

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:54, Wed 27 July 2016.

Peter Firecrow
 player, 743 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Wed 27 Jul 2016
at 23:33
Re: Baphomet!
Peter stayed at the back and let everyone pass him as they began to move forward. He looked around the room once more, the room they had lost Simon in. He shelved his feelings, all of the various ones that wanted to be let loose. Instead he clamped down coldly and played rearguard, watching the group's collective back.
Jane Guin
 player, 727 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 27 Jul 2016
at 23:45
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 130):

Jane had already  mentioned that she would take the back so she took her position along next to Peter.  She could see him change a little bit and had her thoughts on why.  She didn't blame him for the change.  It was a rough life and he needed the edge.

She gave him a nod and stood by his side.  Together they would fight and perhaps together they would die.  But they would be together.  It ALMOST gave them a slim chance at normality.
The Marshall
 GM, 2392 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 08:11
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 131):

They finally moved out in an organised fashion. They were in a kind of marching order, but this made sense as they were basically in a kind of dungeon!

Trask and Peter were loaded down with ammunition. As it was they weren't moving too quickly anyways due to the hover-stretchers and the body bag with Simon's remains.

The concourse was empty. Whatever it was in the vat room had decided not to follow them out.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 473 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 18:08
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 130):

When they reached the trash-strewn concourse, Schaeffer held up a fist to stop the group.

"Do we make a direct line for the surface and follow our path in?

"Or try for a longer route that perhaps will avoid anyone following us or having set up an ambush?"

This message was last updated by the GM at 18:08, Mon 01 Aug 2016.

Increase Trask
 player, 96 posts
 Robo Hunter
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 08:53
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 133):

"I am for retracing our steps in the hope of not stirring up this hornets nest more then we need to." He seemed to still be getting some feed back on his sensors though there seemed to be moments of clarity.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 390 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 12:56
Re: Baphomet!
 "I don't think the wounded have the time for us to find our way out. They may be stable, but that could change."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1290 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 18:14
Re: Baphomet!
Jason Sinclair:
"I don't think the wounded have the time for us to find our way out. They may be stable, but that could change."

 rowan looks up from where she is checking on her patients.
"Shortest route please. They do not have the luxury of time"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 744 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 2 Aug 2016
at 22:20
Re: Baphomet!
Peter listened to the others answer the Colonel's question and found himself nodding along. "Agreed." He didn't want to be down here any longer than necessary, and Rowan didn't think the patients could take a longer trip.
Smoker Nix
 player, 843 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Wed 3 Aug 2016
at 09:49
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker stayed quiet. He just wanted out of here!
The Marshall
 GM, 2395 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 7 Aug 2016
at 10:38
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 138):

The posse stayed in the marching order as set out by Jason. After all, the situation was very reminiscent of the Basic Dungeons and Dragons course many of them took in school (the better ones would, of course, go on to take Advanced Dungeons and Dragons). Those that went to school before the war, that is!

In the Down Below it was almost silent save for the dripping of water, their own footsteps, the whirr of the hover-stretchers and the clank of the ammunition boxes some of them clumsily carried.

After a couple hours of walking, neither finding any traps or being attacked, they traced their way back to the RV point near the closed-off City Hall level of the Down Below. The posse filed past the wall where the Scrawler had attacked Vundra. All that remained was an oddly distorted mural that was almost impossible to decypher.

As well, they made it to the loading area where the Trogs had rushed them en masse.

Waiting for them there was a large group of Junkyard militia getting organised to make a foray back into the Down Below. Soldiers in camouflage bustled to and fro.

They were met by a pair of Valkyrie power armour in mottled urban camouflage. One was armed with a 20mm autocannon and the other a 7.62mm minigun which was spun up, ready to fire.

"Halt! Identify yourselves!"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1291 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 7 Aug 2016
at 12:44
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 139):

Rowan sighs and steps forward.
"I am Rowan Dawson my self and our team were sent down to try and rescue Simon leader of the Tenplars". "Now get out of my way I need to get casualties to the Medics"
Jason Sinclair
 player, 391 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Sun 7 Aug 2016
at 15:31
Re: Baphomet!
 Jason just laughs. "Ike isn't doing his job very well anymore if you don't know who we are. I have no patience left for morons. We will halt and you go fetch Ike. Tell him Sinclair is pissed and he has bad news. Don't leave out the fact that he is getting stopped by guys who should have his and his friends descriptions."
Smoker Nix
 player, 844 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sun 7 Aug 2016
at 15:37
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker grinned.

"Didn't they tell you guys we were down there? Now, be good lads and let us by, we have wounded who need medical attention."
Increase Trask
 player, 97 posts
 Robo Hunter
Sun 7 Aug 2016
at 21:59
Re: Baphomet!

Trask looked at that 20mm autocannon and let out a low whistle that was audible over his com unit. "Mmmm would like one of those." He felt a sense of relief they had not encountered any more hostiles, though haven't taken down a demon what would a few Trogs be ? He looks around for the humvee hoping to get a ride back up.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:52, Mon 08 Aug 2016.

Jane Guin
 player, 728 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 02:19
Re: Baphomet!
Jane was quiet and kept alert for anybody who might be trying to sneak up on them.  Let the others talk.  She was on guard.  Besides she didn't have anything else to add.
The Marshall
 GM, 2396 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 09:00
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 140):

Once Rowan identified herself the power armour troopers stood down. If he (or she?) was taken aback by their reaction they didn't show it.

"Rowan Dawson? Jason Sinclair? Roger."

There was a pause, presumably so he could make a call. "Ok, that checks out. Come on in. Medical assistance is on the way."

A half dozen Militia medics hustled forward, checking the two wounded on the stretcher. "All right, we have one that's critical but stable, cardiac arrest, and another that's in serious condition and also stable. Good job keeping them alive," one of the medics said, "there are ambulances waiting on the next level. We can take it from here if you like?

"We're also looking for a VIP named Simon? Is he all right?"

Ike Turner
 NPC, 6 posts
 Mayor of Junkyard
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 09:03
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 145):

Ike pushed his way through the throngs of medics and more troopers in powered armour. He was accompanied by a couple of elite-looking well-armed mercenaries.

"Good to see you."

He looked around, noting Trask, Knapp, the unnamed Combine mercenary medic and the absence of Simon (but a body bag).

"Glad to see you all made it. I see you picked up a few other people. Friends of yours or prisoners?

"And Sinclair... talk to me. What happened?"

Jason Sinclair
 player, 392 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 16:54
Re: Baphomet!
"It's a short story sir, but not one for everyone's ears. Sensitive information sir. Trask and Lauren are with us. The medic was an enemy so you might want to keep a guard on her. Ignore the ranting we dealt with the issue." Jason waits for Ike to either clear the area or for Ike to tell him to continue. He holds the body bag waiting. If someone attempts to take it he tells them no. If they foolishly attempt to force the issue he sticks his Sig in their face.

Once Ike either takes then somewhere secure or tells him to continue he does so. "Sir I don't know how to put this other than to say it straight. Simon is already here. He is unable to continue in his position. He has passed from this Earth in combat with a demon most foul. I carry his sword and his body. He asked that if he fell I made sure that he could not be used as a pawn for the evil that plagues the land. I and my companions have ended the demon threat that ended Simon. I need to get to Fred Bilitnikoff to see what we do now sir. I understand that you have questions sir and I am willing to answer them as truthfully as I am able."
Peter Firecrow
 player, 745 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 16:54
Re: Baphomet!
Peter followed along behind most of the group, keeping an eye out for anything that might try to come up behind them. He let out a small sigh of relief when they came in sight of the Junkyard militia. His jaw dropped open, however! He couldn't believe the way his allies were snapping and taking attitude with people just doing their job and asking for identification of a rag-tag and probably very dirty group of people showing up from Down Under!

He made a disgusted noise and glared at the backs of Rowan's and Jason's heads but kept silent for the moment. No need to make the group look worse than they already did. He wasn't sure, especially with Simon dead, if he would continue to travel with them.
Ike Turner
 NPC, 7 posts
 Mayor of Junkyard
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 03:06
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 147):

Ike nodded his head in understanding. "I see. Simon's dead then? This is a tragedy. But it sounds like he died a hero." He looked at Jason, speculating on how true that might be. "Yes. A hero. People should know that. The Templars will continue on. They know the fight is too important to let even something like this stop them. Simon knew he might fall one day.

"Allah writes upon every man's forehead the time and place of their death. But this is not for us to see. We know that God has called Simon to Paradise to be by his side. We here on Earth must continue our struggle.

"Now, Biletnikoff is here. So is Buck Masterson. He made it out, with that Trog kid, just like you asked. He's going to lead a strike team down, destroy the Combine base."
He looked thoughtfully at Trask and Peter, loaded down with ammunition, and the "liberated" D-21 assault rifles.

"Peter, I recognise some of those weapons and gear as being Junkyard Militia issue. I don't imagine you would have indulged in a little personal enrichment if the Combine was still around. Wihle I don't want to encourage looting you can keep what you found. Plus you and your posse, as well as any friends along for the ride, can claim $2000 in Widgets. Come by my office tomorrow. Tonight, relax at the hotel. You earned it."
Buck Masterson
 NPC, 51 posts
 Owner, Operator
 Downbelow Tours
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 03:08
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Ike Turner (msg # 149):

Masterson came up beside Turner, nodded hello to the Posse. "Can't say I expected to see you all again. Damn fine thing you made it. Pretty much all of you, by my count.

"And we got that kid back to Biletnikoff. He has something to say about that."

Fred Biletnikoff
 NPC, 54 posts
 Librarian
 Companion
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 03:10
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Buck Masterson (msg # 150):

"In a moment, Mr. Masterson." Biletnikoff came up beside the guide.

"Please excuse us," he said as he led Jason a little ways away.

"There. we are alone. What is it?"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:16, Thu 11 Aug 2016.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 393 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Thu 11 Aug 2016
at 14:27
Re: Baphomet!
"Librarian Bilitnikoff I have told a half truth to Ike Turner. Simon didn't kill Baphomet all those years ago. Baphomet went into Simon and hid. When we tried to rescue Simon Baphomet took over. Simon used the last of his strength to contain Baphomet. Baphomet is well and truly dead or at least banished back to hell. Simon died a hero."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:53, Thu 11 Aug 2016.

Fred Biletnikoff
 NPC, 55 posts
 Librarian
 Companion
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 09:28
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 152):

Fred took that in.

"I see. To kill the demon Baphomet, Simon needed to kill himself, or allow himself to be killed. You were the agent of Baphomet's destruction, then.

"I suspected that Baphomet was alive somehow. What with the killings of the Boise Horror. Not that Baphomet was possesing Simon, but perhaps hiding somewhere close in the ruins. Too clever to be caught by the patrols. It took me a long time to suspect what was really going on, even as Simon left for the summit I still wasn't sure. And I sure didn't want to be right!

"Of course... we cannot tell the truth of what happened to Simon. Not now, not what happened then, either. Simon will have died to defeat the Combine, in the name of an alliance between the Templars and Junkyard. He will be remembered as a hero. Please make sure your companions understand the importance of this as well.

"Is there anything else? Otherwise, let's rejoin the Posse. I have other news to share."

Rowan Dawson
 player, 1292 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 09:40
Re: Baphomet!
quote:
There was a pause, presumably so he could make a call. "Ok, that checks out. Come on in. Medical assistance is on the way."

Rowan smiles and relaxes a little, Looking at the Security patrol, She bows slightly. "I am sorry if I was rude gentlemen."
"I just wanted my patients to live."
"Way to much death and destruction".
"I live to see life"


quote:
A half dozen Militia medics hustled forward, checking the two wounded on the stretcher. "All right, we have one that's critical but stable, cardiac arrest, and another that's in serious condition and also stable. Good job keeping them alive," one of the medics said, "there are ambulances waiting on the next level. We can take it from here if you like?"


Rowan politely hopefully "May I come with you, I would like to talk medical matters through with you,"
I was a paramedic before the collapse".
And if the people see me when they awake it will help them believe the others survived"
"Oh there is some of the Security equipment I was carrying so it could be returned to them"

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:31, Mon 15 Aug 2016.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 394 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 14:59
Re: Baphomet!
"Simon's sword and leadership. What should we do about those?" Jason pauses and then says "The sword Simon gave me is his sword's twin. They feel right together. Templars need a leader."
Peter Firecrow
 player, 746 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Fri 12 Aug 2016
at 15:25
Re: Baphomet!
Peter slowly looked over at Ike Turner as the man spoke to him directly. He looked down at the gear they'd 'recovered' from the Combine. He started to open his mouth to say they could return it if it was that big of a deal. However, Ike said they could keep it and was going to pay them as well.

Peter blinked a few times and then gave a nod. "Thank you. It...was not pleasant, but it needed to be done. Tomorrow morning would be fine. It would at the very least give us time to clean up." A ghost of a smile graced his lips.
Increase Trask
 player, 98 posts
 Robo Hunter
Sun 14 Aug 2016
at 00:15
Re: Baphomet!

Trask popped the hatch on the front of his armor and looked out at the assembled vehicles and people. "I need some cards, company, booze and a bath and not in that order. Lets get topside I have had enough of this shit hole." He spits to the side of suit.

"Anyone going to give us a ride up to the light ?"

-
Fred Biletnikoff
 NPC, 56 posts
 Librarian
 Companion
Mon 15 Aug 2016
at 19:41
Re: Baphomet!
Jason Sinclair:
"Simon's sword and leadership. What should we do about those?" Jason pauses and then says "The sword Simon gave me is his sword's twin. They feel right together. Templars need a leader."


Fred looked at the swords, then over at the body bag containing Simon's corpse.

"If you like, I can take the swords for now. Word has beens sent to Boise, we'll see what the Templar Council decides. On one hand the Templars are very decentralised. I don't even imagine that Simon's death will change much for Templars in the field. But now things have to be decided by consensus.

"Assuming there are no more crises, take it easy for a while. We'll sort things out soon."

The Marshall
 GM, 2398 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 15 Aug 2016
at 19:45
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 154):

The medic, a man, replied Rowan, "certainly, you can ride with us to the hospital. Hang onto all that stuff for now."

A former CS Army Humvee ambulance was backed up and the 2 casualties were loaded in. "Ok, pick a seat. Let's get moving."
Buck Masterson
 NPC, 52 posts
 Owner, Operator
 Downbelow Tours
Mon 15 Aug 2016
at 19:53
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Increase Trask (msg # 157):

Buck pulled up with his 2 open-topped touring cars.

"Come on! We're getting out of here. I'll give you a lift back to the hotel.

"We lost those gunners that got sniped. Did you find any sniper with a fifty-cal rifle? And... did you get Simon out?

"Also, did Fred get a chance to tell you what we found out from the Trog?"

Increase Trask
 player, 99 posts
 Robo Hunter
Mon 15 Aug 2016
at 21:31
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Buck Masterson (msg # 160):

"No, no and no." Trask took a seat as best he could or found something to perch on. Once they were on their way he would fill in the blanks for Buck as best as he could in regards to what went down in the city.

-
Jason Sinclair
 player, 395 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Tue 16 Aug 2016
at 02:22
Re: Baphomet!
"No Fred and I were discussing other matters. We got Simon out, but he can no longer help us. What did the Trog do?"
Fred Biletnikoff
 NPC, 57 posts
 Librarian
 Companion
Wed 24 Aug 2016
at 09:23
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 162):

Coming up behind them, Fred motioned for Jason to give him Colada. "On second thought I will keep Simon's sword for now. You may keep Tizona until your fellow Templars say otherwise.

"It's not what the Trog did. It's who he was. He was a child up until a week ago, named Davy. Part of the tribe known as the "Moorlocks" that lived down here. Criminals, outcasts... hunted by the surface people, hated and demonised.

"Then a tall man dressed as a soldier, carrying a large gun came among them. He made friends with their leaders. Gave many gifts to the tribe. Including a number of Milrats. The one thing the Trogs, who struggle to grow or find food down here, would never give or trade away. After a few days, people began to change. All at once. Something in the Milrats is what I guess. A biowar agent, possibly using irradiated Ghost Rock powder. They were contaminated with it, and when the Moorlocks ate too much they changed into the Trogs. Davy's parents were a little richer so they fed him some vegetables, not scarfing down the Milrats like everyone else. That's why he didn't change completely.

"Davy says this man called himself "the Colonel". And once the change was completed, he came back for them. He used them to attack you. Part of the plan, I suppose, to kidnap Simon. Use the Moorlocks, now Trogs, to ambush pursuit."

He looked at Schaeffer. "He says the Colonel talked funny. I don't think it was you, Kurt, you have an alibi! A week ago you were in transit from Boise to here. But I wonder. This person does sound familiar."
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 474 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Wed 24 Aug 2016
at 09:27
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Fred Biletnikoff (msg # 163):

At the mention of the name, Schaeffer turned white in shock. He muttered something to himself. "Nein..."

"It was not me," he replied, trying to regain his composure. "As you say, I am having alibi. But I am not knowing who this "Colonel" is. He is obviously an imposter, some relic of the War that refuses to die. But that would explain how Buck's people got sniped."

He dug out a spent cartridge from his Battledress pockets. "Here. I suspected this was left for us to find. A professional always recovers their spent brass. It is .388 LaPua Magnum. The same calibre as my rifle."
Jason Sinclair
 player, 396 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Wed 24 Aug 2016
at 14:46
Re: Baphomet!
"Never a problem Fred it was an honor to carry the blade of heroes." Jason hands Fred the blade in a somewhat formal manner.

As the idea that Schaffer could have done this even without an alibi it made Jason chuckle to himself. "It could be a Colonel. Near the end there had to be quite a few of them. Funny accent just means not Junkyard. Hell I have a funny accent I am sure. Now we know of another threat to the safety of Junkyard and the rest of the survivor communities. Could he be an agent of the Horsemen? Yeah I know see the big bad boogie men in everything is my job or rather was my job now it is a survival trait."
Peter Firecrow
 player, 747 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Wed 24 Aug 2016
at 15:27
Re: Baphomet!
Peter listened to what Fred had to say about the 'Trog', half-heartedly at first but then with growing interest....horror. His eyes widened for a moment then narrowed and he grimaced in distaste. Not at the Trog, but at what some people would do to other people. Sometimes....only sometimes...he wondered if the bombs shouldn't have been more thorough and just wiped everything....well 'clean' wouldn't be the right word for ghost-rock bombs.

He sighed in anger. "That...is terrible. We did not know." He shook his head.
Increase Trask
 player, 100 posts
 Robo Hunter
Thu 25 Aug 2016
at 01:02
Re: Baphomet!

"So whats this hotel like ? Feather beds and girls to share them ? Cards, craps and faro ?" Trask checks he is not going to fall on his arse when the vehicle takes off.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:54, Thu 25 Aug 2016.

Fred Biletnikoff
 NPC, 58 posts
 Librarian
 Companion
Thu 25 Aug 2016
at 08:47
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 166):

Fred nodded with sympathy at Peter's horror.

"There was no way to know. Some monsters have always used innocent people for their own cruel purposes, no matter what the cost. And you were defending yourselves, don't forget that.

"There was another gang, but down in the deeper levels where the Combine base was located. They were called the "Tunnel Snakes". Did you run into them?"

Buck Masterson
 NPC, 53 posts
 Owner, Operator
 Downbelow Tours
Thu 25 Aug 2016
at 08:51
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Increase Trask (msg # 167):

Buck helped load the Wolverine suit into the bed of a pickup truck for transport to the surface.

"It's the Junkyard Hilton. There's a casino and call girls, if you want 'em.

"Say, pardner, you look awful familiar. Was your daddy by any chance a no-account drifter named Frank? Lit out after you were born? Card player, used to sleep around with the groupies on the professional "Magic the Gathering" circuit?"

The Marshall
 GM, 2399 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 25 Aug 2016
at 08:54
Re: Baphomet!
The ambulances with Rowan, the wounded medic and Feldwebel Knapp made their way up the exit ramp from the vast underground parking lot towards the surface.

Buck's two open-topped SUVs and pickup truck followed along. They passed camouflaged Militia trucks headed down the other way, bringing more troops and equipment for the expedition into the Down Below.

Soon, they saw the glow of sunlight reflected off the concrete tunnel walls. They emerged into a wan daylight. Overcast skies through the tattered remains of Junkyard's half-dismantled protective dome.
Smoker Nix
 player, 846 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 25 Aug 2016
at 11:07
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker had never been so glad to see daylight! But he was also very sad, about Simon and now about the troglodytes as well.
Peter Firecrow
 player, 748 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 25 Aug 2016
at 18:19
Re: Baphomet!
Peter took in Fred's comment and gave a slow nod. He tried to internalize it, but thought it might take a while. Nothing to do but keep moving forward.

"Tunnel Snakes?" He hesitated and looked around at the rest of the group. He didn't think that was the case but maybe he'd missed something. "I do not think so."

Then they slowly made their way out of the darkness and back in to the light. He breathed in deeply, ignoring the pollutants in the air, glad to have sunlight on his face once more, even if it was obscured by fog and buildings. Actually, to a Ravenite, maybe that was better.
Buck Masterson
 NPC, 54 posts
 Owner, Operator
 Downbelow Tours
Sun 4 Sep 2016
at 08:26
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 172):

Relieved to be on the surface in one piece, Buck looked back at his passengers.

"I gotta hand it to you, Peter. Your folks survived down there a lot longer than most people would have. Better than that entire company of Junkyard militia that the Combine took out, that's for sure! That ain't no small thing.

"Hey, looks like we're gettin' close to the Hilton. Finally, those Goddamn idjits beefed up security."


The street was less-clogged by security and medical vehicles than it was after the attack, but many remained. Construction vehicles cleared away rubble from the collapsed stairwell the Combine has used to escape. There was a much heavier Militia presence as well, from trucks and HQ vans to APCs. Triple the number of checkpoints were now in place, they needed to stop three times to show their clearance to enter the inner zone around the hotel.