Baphomet!   Posted by The Marshall.Group: 0
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1282 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Fri 1 Jul 2016
at 16:07
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 98):

rowan looks at what her friends have built.
"Thank you all" she says sincerely, "lets load out casualties on and get moving shall we"?


Rowan does not look back at the equipment pile, she just wants out of here
Smoker Nix
 player, 834 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Fri 1 Jul 2016
at 16:14
Re: Baphomet!
"I'll shove the other one," volunteered Smoker.
The Marshall
 GM, 2378 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Tue 5 Jul 2016
at 04:45
Re: Baphomet!
Trak would be in the lead, arms full of scavanged ammo. He was unable to find a high-cap 9mm pistol, but there was a Salt Lake City PD issue UMP-10 with a single empty 25-round magazine. He was able to find 69 10mm rounds.

Schaeffer would follow him, reasoning that if the power suit was hindered in combat at least it would provide a juicy target for attackers, and he could take advantage of that. Jane with her SAW was ready to provide fire support. Next came Vundra and Smoker with the unwieldy and noisy hover-stretchers, with Rowan monitoring the patients' vital signs. After them came Jason, burdened with the body bag carrying Simon, and then Peter, also burdened with ammunition.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 471 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 5 Jul 2016
at 04:46
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 101):

"Well, which way? The front entrance is mined.

"If we go out the rear, we will be going through the vat room with those... things."


It was clear he didn't relish either option.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 379 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Tue 5 Jul 2016
at 14:20
Re: Baphomet!
"The vat room would likely see more than Simon dead. So how do we take out the mines other than stepping on them?"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1283 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 5 Jul 2016
at 18:19
Re: Baphomet!
Jason Sinclair:
"The vat room would likely see more than Simon dead. So how do we take out the mines other than stepping on them?"

How much blast would there be if I hit the lot with and energy blast Rowan asks quietly
Jason Sinclair
 player, 380 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Tue 5 Jul 2016
at 18:24
Re: Baphomet!
"If we did that we could just toss a corpse out the door. Just saying is all."
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 472 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 5 Jul 2016
at 20:26
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 103):

Schaeffer looked towards the front entrance area, then the rear hatch they came through.

"The front entry is booby-trapped. It will collapse if the explosives go off. The Combine obviously intended to escape out the rear if that happened. I have no idea how the creatures in the vats fit into their plans. Perhaps something went wrong?"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 741 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Wed 6 Jul 2016
at 19:56
Re: Baphomet!
Peter looked at the group as things got ready to get underway but were then stymied by the exit options. "Does someone have a way to disarm the explosives safely? If we don't then we might as well go the other way and combat our way out since we at least have a chance. If someone has the ability and confidence to disarm the trap without setting it off, then I am all for going that way."
Jane Guin
 player, 721 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 19:02
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 107):

Jane looked over at Peter and gave him a grin.  "Safely disarm?  No.  Not me.  My demolition training was more of the "shoot at a distance and plow your way through OR I'll activate your chip to clear our way" type of training.  Rowan wondered about hitting with an energy blast.  Anybody have any idea of that would be less of a blast?  I'm thinking a blast is a blast but like I said...careful demolitions isn't my wheelhouse."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1286 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 21:12
Re: Baphomet!
Jane Guin:
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 107):

Jane looked over at Peter and gave him a grin.  "Safely disarm?  No.  Not me.  My demolition training was more of the "shoot at a distance and plow your way through OR I'll activate your chip to clear our way" type of training.  Rowan wondered about hitting with an energy blast.  Anybody have any idea of that would be less of a blast?  I'm thinking a blast is a blast but like I said...careful demolitions isn't my wheelhouse."

Rowan chuckles "I know about as much as you Jane, but we could take a look with out touching"
I mealy wondered if I could over whelm the explosives and electronics and fuse every thing dead.
Rowan shrugs "as I said I know nothing about explosives".
"I wonder about dropping a grenade Into each of the Vats in the other room"
Lets take a look shall we

Jane Guin
 player, 723 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Tue 12 Jul 2016
at 22:25
Re: Baphomet!
Jane laughed with Rowan.  "Well then I'll be in good company.  We don't have to touch anything and be careful where you walk.  If it is set off by the chips, staying close to me might prevent that."

Following her own advise, Jane went with Rowan towards the explosives and then stopped and looked over her shoulder. "You might to see if you can find some corner to shield yourself more...just in case."  She then continued towards the explosives, carefully walking but not touching them.
Smoker Nix
 player, 837 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Wed 13 Jul 2016
at 12:01
Re: Baphomet!
"Coming from the side where it was set up, rather than the side it was supposed to be defending, it might be easier to see how it's rigged and so dismantle it," said Smoker.
Increase Trask
 player, 93 posts
 Robo Hunter
Thu 14 Jul 2016
at 09:42
Re: Baphomet!

Trask waited for a decision to be made either way. He had no demo training and was a liability when it came to such things. He watched his sensors for the most part ready to "holla" if something came up. He had strapped two of the packs so they could be worn conventionally across his back and he had hung two more off utility hooks off the back of the suit.

His rifle was at his shoulder as he prepared to move out once they had a direction.
The Marshall
 GM, 2385 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Thu 14 Jul 2016
at 09:53
Re: Baphomet!
Jane determined that the booby traps had a switch (really, several switches and a battery) that disarmed them. This made sense as they wanted to be able to use their own front door!

With some fiddling the front door was made secure and safe to use.
Jane Guin
 player, 724 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Thu 14 Jul 2016
at 12:17
Re: Baphomet!
Jane shook her head after they had fiddled with the demolition stuff.  "I'd sure hate to do THAT for a living."  She did give Rowan a pleased look as they had done something they didn't normally do.  Jane didn't have any doubts that she could have missed something or the next time she might end up in pieces but she had also learned to take one step at a time because you weren't even guaranteed to live out the day.

After the disarming, Jane moved back over by Peter and gave him a small hip bump.  That had always been her trademark non verbal communication with him to show him that she was ok.
Smoker Nix
 player, 838 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Thu 14 Jul 2016
at 13:51
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker helped as best he could. Well, you never know when any scrap of knowledge might come in handy!
Peter Firecrow
 player, 742 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Thu 14 Jul 2016
at 15:58
Re: Baphomet!
Peter didn't do it consciously, but he not only tensed up but he even held his breath as Jane went to disarm the bomb. He was worried, but knew that she had the best ability to touch Combine gear with the least risk. Still, he noisily expelled the breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding and relaxed once she was safe once more.

He put a hand on her shoulder and gave a squeeze. "Well done."

To everyone else he gave a shrug and a small smile. "Let us get moving now that the way is safe, but keep your attention out for any more surprises."
Increase Trask
 player, 94 posts
 Robo Hunter
Fri 15 Jul 2016
at 06:01
Re: Baphomet!

Trask nodded and then added "Right, lets get out of the shit hole and back to some civilization." He leads them out the doors and tried to make his way back the route they had come, missing the vat room.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:04, Fri 15 July 2016.

Jason Sinclair
 player, 384 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Fri 15 Jul 2016
at 12:06
Re: Baphomet!
Jason shakes his head at the racket from the ammo cans. "Since stealth isn't an option we need speed. Stretcher in the middle. Jane do you want rear or up here? Smoker and Vundra are center. Vundra cover right. Smoker left side. I can pull rear if you don't want it."

These are suggestions as always folks. If you want to do it different then say so. Jason won't argue.
Jane Guin
 player, 725 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Fri 15 Jul 2016
at 12:33
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 118):

"That's ok Jason.  I can take rear guard.  Unless I turn tale and overrun you guys to get the hell out of here."

Jane smiled.  She wasn't known for losing her grip in a tense situation.
The Marshall
 GM, 2386 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sat 16 Jul 2016
at 09:34
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 119):

Jane threw a switch, disconnected a couple wires.

The trap was disarmed! Or seemingly. Someone would need to open the door first to really find out.
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1288 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sat 16 Jul 2016
at 09:39
Re: Baphomet!
The Marshall:
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 119):

Jane threw a switch, disconnected a couple wires.

The trap was disarmed! Or seemingly. Someone would need to open the door first to really find out.

 rowan checks for a handle to tie a rope to and pull the door open from a distance
The Marshall
 GM, 2387 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 17 Jul 2016
at 02:50
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 121):

There was an inside handle. Rowan was easily able to attach a rope to open the booby-trapped outer main entry door. With some arranging she could pull it open from fifty feet away, around a corner.

She tugged on the rope. Nothing happened at first. Then the door gave and it slammed open inwards, clanging against the wall! It seemed safe when she peeked around the corner, perhaps the trap was truly disarmed.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 385 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Sun 17 Jul 2016
at 07:25
Re: Baphomet!
Jason gently sets Simon's body down and grabs a Combine Soldier's body. "Unless any of you has an objection I'm testing the trap."