Baphomet!   Posted by The Marshall.Group: 0
Jane Guin
 player, 726 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Sun 17 Jul 2016
at 14:30
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jason Sinclair (msg # 123):

"It is perhaps the best way to do it.  I haven't ever used use a body with the chips that haven't gone off so I'm not sure if it will trigger it."

Jane didn't normally like to do that stuff but on the other hand she didn't see another option right now.  The body was but a shell.
The Marshall
 GM, 2388 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 18 Jul 2016
at 19:56
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 124):

None of the Combine infiltrators had an intact chip, as they had all been given the fail-safe command and detonated in their skulls. The door's booby-trap command panel had a knife-switch that Jane had flipped down and turned on a green light. Who knew if that meant it was really safe or not?

The body Jason grabbed was of a middle-aged black man, ex-Confederate by the rags of his fatigues. His head still remained attached to his body, barely, by a few tendons and sinews in the neck that weren't severed when his Headbanger chip detonated.

Throwing the body through the doorway didn't trigger anything. It landed bonelessly on the other side, in the larger room they had been in before.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 473 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Tue 26 Jul 2016
at 08:33
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 125):

Schaeffer surveyed the corpse where it lay in the outside concourse.

"Well. It seems there are no laser beams or other traps.

"Let's go."

Increase Trask
 player, 95 posts
 Robo Hunter
Tue 26 Jul 2016
at 09:30
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to COL Kurt L. Schaeffer (msg # 126):

Trask takes the lead, SAW at his shoulder as he tries to retrace their steps without going through the vat room. He watched his sensors for anything out of the ordinary, but he was primary focused on what was ahead.
Smoker Nix
 player, 841 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Tue 26 Jul 2016
at 11:07
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker concentrated on steering the stretcher. It had a bit of a mind of its own, kept veering to the left...
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1289 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Tue 26 Jul 2016
at 17:31
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 128):

Rowan walks beside her casualties tending them as they go.
Letting the others guard.

Rowan is a little weighed down, her medical pack rides on the nearest stretcher

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:54, Wed 27 July 2016.

Peter Firecrow
 player, 743 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Wed 27 Jul 2016
at 23:33
Re: Baphomet!
Peter stayed at the back and let everyone pass him as they began to move forward. He looked around the room once more, the room they had lost Simon in. He shelved his feelings, all of the various ones that wanted to be let loose. Instead he clamped down coldly and played rearguard, watching the group's collective back.
Jane Guin
 player, 727 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Wed 27 Jul 2016
at 23:45
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 130):

Jane had already  mentioned that she would take the back so she took her position along next to Peter.  She could see him change a little bit and had her thoughts on why.  She didn't blame him for the change.  It was a rough life and he needed the edge.

She gave him a nod and stood by his side.  Together they would fight and perhaps together they would die.  But they would be together.  It ALMOST gave them a slim chance at normality.
The Marshall
 GM, 2392 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 08:11
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Jane Guin (msg # 131):

They finally moved out in an organised fashion. They were in a kind of marching order, but this made sense as they were basically in a kind of dungeon!

Trask and Peter were loaded down with ammunition. As it was they weren't moving too quickly anyways due to the hover-stretchers and the body bag with Simon's remains.

The concourse was empty. Whatever it was in the vat room had decided not to follow them out.
COL Kurt L. Schaeffer
 NPC, 473 posts
 Fernspaeher
 Ranger
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 18:08
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Peter Firecrow (msg # 130):

When they reached the trash-strewn concourse, Schaeffer held up a fist to stop the group.

"Do we make a direct line for the surface and follow our path in?

"Or try for a longer route that perhaps will avoid anyone following us or having set up an ambush?"

This message was last updated by the GM at 18:08, Mon 01 Aug 2016.

Increase Trask
 player, 96 posts
 Robo Hunter
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 08:53
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 133):

"I am for retracing our steps in the hope of not stirring up this hornets nest more then we need to." He seemed to still be getting some feed back on his sensors though there seemed to be moments of clarity.
Jason Sinclair
 player, 390 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 12:56
Re: Baphomet!
 "I don't think the wounded have the time for us to find our way out. They may be stable, but that could change."
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1290 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Mon 1 Aug 2016
at 18:14
Re: Baphomet!
Jason Sinclair:
"I don't think the wounded have the time for us to find our way out. They may be stable, but that could change."

 rowan looks up from where she is checking on her patients.
"Shortest route please. They do not have the luxury of time"
Peter Firecrow
 player, 744 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Tue 2 Aug 2016
at 22:20
Re: Baphomet!
Peter listened to the others answer the Colonel's question and found himself nodding along. "Agreed." He didn't want to be down here any longer than necessary, and Rowan didn't think the patients could take a longer trip.
Smoker Nix
 player, 843 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Wed 3 Aug 2016
at 09:49
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker stayed quiet. He just wanted out of here!
The Marshall
 GM, 2395 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Sun 7 Aug 2016
at 10:38
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Smoker Nix (msg # 138):

The posse stayed in the marching order as set out by Jason. After all, the situation was very reminiscent of the Basic Dungeons and Dragons course many of them took in school (the better ones would, of course, go on to take Advanced Dungeons and Dragons). Those that went to school before the war, that is!

In the Down Below it was almost silent save for the dripping of water, their own footsteps, the whirr of the hover-stretchers and the clank of the ammunition boxes some of them clumsily carried.

After a couple hours of walking, neither finding any traps or being attacked, they traced their way back to the RV point near the closed-off City Hall level of the Down Below. The posse filed past the wall where the Scrawler had attacked Vundra. All that remained was an oddly distorted mural that was almost impossible to decypher.

As well, they made it to the loading area where the Trogs had rushed them en masse.

Waiting for them there was a large group of Junkyard militia getting organised to make a foray back into the Down Below. Soldiers in camouflage bustled to and fro.

They were met by a pair of Valkyrie power armour in mottled urban camouflage. One was armed with a 20mm autocannon and the other a 7.62mm minigun which was spun up, ready to fire.

"Halt! Identify yourselves!"
Rowan Dawson
 player, 1291 posts
 Medic
 Story-Teller
Sun 7 Aug 2016
at 12:44
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 139):

Rowan sighs and steps forward.
"I am Rowan Dawson my self and our team were sent down to try and rescue Simon leader of the Tenplars". "Now get out of my way I need to get casualties to the Medics"
Jason Sinclair
 player, 391 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Sun 7 Aug 2016
at 15:31
Re: Baphomet!
 Jason just laughs. "Ike isn't doing his job very well anymore if you don't know who we are. I have no patience left for morons. We will halt and you go fetch Ike. Tell him Sinclair is pissed and he has bad news. Don't leave out the fact that he is getting stopped by guys who should have his and his friends descriptions."
Smoker Nix
 player, 844 posts
 Scavenger & Tech
 Truck Crew
Sun 7 Aug 2016
at 15:37
Re: Baphomet!
Smoker grinned.

"Didn't they tell you guys we were down there? Now, be good lads and let us by, we have wounded who need medical attention."
Increase Trask
 player, 97 posts
 Robo Hunter
Sun 7 Aug 2016
at 21:59
Re: Baphomet!

Trask looked at that 20mm autocannon and let out a low whistle that was audible over his com unit. "Mmmm would like one of those." He felt a sense of relief they had not encountered any more hostiles, though haven't taken down a demon what would a few Trogs be ? He looks around for the humvee hoping to get a ride back up.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:52, Mon 08 Aug 2016.

Jane Guin
 player, 728 posts
 Renegade Black Hat
 Former USAF Pilot
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 02:19
Re: Baphomet!
Jane was quiet and kept alert for anybody who might be trying to sneak up on them.  Let the others talk.  She was on guard.  Besides she didn't have anything else to add.
The Marshall
 GM, 2396 posts
 aka "helbent4"
 aka Tony
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 09:00
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to Rowan Dawson (msg # 140):

Once Rowan identified herself the power armour troopers stood down. If he (or she?) was taken aback by their reaction they didn't show it.

"Rowan Dawson? Jason Sinclair? Roger."

There was a pause, presumably so he could make a call. "Ok, that checks out. Come on in. Medical assistance is on the way."

A half dozen Militia medics hustled forward, checking the two wounded on the stretcher. "All right, we have one that's critical but stable, cardiac arrest, and another that's in serious condition and also stable. Good job keeping them alive," one of the medics said, "there are ambulances waiting on the next level. We can take it from here if you like?

"We're also looking for a VIP named Simon? Is he all right?"

Ike Turner
 NPC, 6 posts
 Mayor of Junkyard
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 09:03
Re: Baphomet!
In reply to The Marshall (msg # 145):

Ike pushed his way through the throngs of medics and more troopers in powered armour. He was accompanied by a couple of elite-looking well-armed mercenaries.

"Good to see you."

He looked around, noting Trask, Knapp, the unnamed Combine mercenary medic and the absence of Simon (but a body bag).

"Glad to see you all made it. I see you picked up a few other people. Friends of yours or prisoners?

"And Sinclair... talk to me. What happened?"

Jason Sinclair
 player, 392 posts
 Texas Ranger
 Templar
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 16:54
Re: Baphomet!
"It's a short story sir, but not one for everyone's ears. Sensitive information sir. Trask and Lauren are with us. The medic was an enemy so you might want to keep a guard on her. Ignore the ranting we dealt with the issue." Jason waits for Ike to either clear the area or for Ike to tell him to continue. He holds the body bag waiting. If someone attempts to take it he tells them no. If they foolishly attempt to force the issue he sticks his Sig in their face.

Once Ike either takes then somewhere secure or tells him to continue he does so. "Sir I don't know how to put this other than to say it straight. Simon is already here. He is unable to continue in his position. He has passed from this Earth in combat with a demon most foul. I carry his sword and his body. He asked that if he fell I made sure that he could not be used as a pawn for the evil that plagues the land. I and my companions have ended the demon threat that ended Simon. I need to get to Fred Bilitnikoff to see what we do now sir. I understand that you have questions sir and I am willing to answer them as truthfully as I am able."
Peter Firecrow
 player, 745 posts
 Not that kind of Indian
 Wanna buy a gun?
Mon 8 Aug 2016
at 16:54
Re: Baphomet!
Peter followed along behind most of the group, keeping an eye out for anything that might try to come up behind them. He let out a small sigh of relief when they came in sight of the Junkyard militia. His jaw dropped open, however! He couldn't believe the way his allies were snapping and taking attitude with people just doing their job and asking for identification of a rag-tag and probably very dirty group of people showing up from Down Under!

He made a disgusted noise and glared at the backs of Rowan's and Jason's heads but kept silent for the moment. No need to make the group look worse than they already did. He wasn't sure, especially with Simon dead, if he would continue to travel with them.