Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?   Posted by All-seeing Eye.Group: 0
Joseph Katsuya
 player, 176 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Fri 18 Mar 2011
at 21:44
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Joseph held up his hands as he started getting into the truck. "Whoa now, dude. What's the range on that detonator. Surely you can activate the kaboom from the other side of the bridge." He winked reassuringly. "I'm positive no one's going to remember what the heck happened here, I'll tell ya." Ah, stable time loops, how Joseph loved it.
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 412 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2011
at 22:09
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
With a look of uncertainty, the officer took Aki's offered hand and climbed into the truck, "I can detonate once we've crossed the bridge. It should be fine."

Whiplash, driving roll please. TN is only 10.
Whiplash
 player, 106 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2011
at 22:30
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
After quickly double-checking to be sure everyone was aboard, Elise hit the gas.  As it turned out, whatever her other faults, she really was a pretty good driver, handling the unfamiliar truck deftly.

18:27, Today: Whiplash rolled 28 using 1d20+12. Drive (DC 10).
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 413 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2011
at 22:44
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Shouts of battle were heard all around as the ninjas fought the nazis (And boy, I wondered if I'd ever use that sentence!). Muffled cries and machinegun blasts ripped through the air as Whiplash expertly swerved the truck around the inplacements, quickly zipping to the other side of the bridge.
As the truck got to the road leading back to the town, the officer pressed a large button on the small radio pack he was carrying. With a loud 'WHUMP', the keep seemed to shudder, then slowly begin to collapse upon itself.
"Mein gott, what have I done?" The officer whispered, then curled up in the back of the truck, hugging his knees to his chest.
Aki
 player, 199 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Fri 18 Mar 2011
at 23:18
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Aki reverts herself back to her human form, and sits next to the soldier.  "My name is Aki.  What's yours?"
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 415 posts
Mon 21 Mar 2011
at 00:52
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
"Steiner. Lieutenant Joeseph Steiner." The man managed to mutter, "Aki... You are one of the Japanese?"
Aki
 player, 200 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Mon 21 Mar 2011
at 03:18
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Aki pondered for a moment.  "Yes, and no.  At the dawn of time, I came into being, even though born from the wound the Mikaboshi suffered when the universe was made, I did not think like it, nor belonged to darkness like it's minions.  I've faught against it in it's attempts to destroy the universe, even though many people reject me.  I went to the children of Izanami and Izanagi, and they rejected me, and sealed me away."  Aki sighed.  "But the people here, they haven't rejected me, and there are people out there that count me as friend.  I will continue to fight the Mikaboshi, my father, because I love this universe too much to see it destroyed."

Aki waved her hand in the shadows, creating a shakuhachi flute, and hands it to the German.  "Take this."
Joseph Katsuya
 player, 177 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Mon 21 Mar 2011
at 04:26
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Joseph watched as Aki tried to encourage the German soldier. That was a great deal of trust on the line to reveal all that to a stranger. Especially during such a time as this. Still, there was something in it that Joseph connected with. Slapping a hand on the lieutenant's shoulder, Joseph grinned.

"From one Joseph to another," he assured, "in war, there's rarely ever a right thing. There are hundreds of wrong things to do, and there are some things that are necessary, and then there are those things that hurt, but they come the closest to being right. What you just did was one of those things."
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 416 posts
Mon 21 Mar 2011
at 04:33
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Hesitantly taking the flute, Steiner took a deep breath and sighed, "I don't know, Joseph. Aki. I don't know. I thought... But no one really wants war, do they?"
As Whiplash continued to drive, the village hove into view. All looked silent, but the heroes had suggested that the few remaining villagers lay low at the nearby tavern, along with the few metas from the future that had stayed behind to keep everyone safe.
Riel Hahn
 player, 127 posts
Mon 21 Mar 2011
at 05:21
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Riel listened to the exchange with a mixture of stoic suspicion and restrained awe.  The scale of Aki's origin left her feeling rather insignificant.  But this soldier... he was still a Nazi, and even if they were in the past, it didn't erase what they did--will have done--would have done.  The conjugation of it confused her, but the feeling remained.

As they approached the village, Riel cast an eye over each of the survivors.  "I'd expect a retaliation. " she said to Joseph and Aki, making a point of utterly ignoring the Nazi.  "Do you think it's safe enough for them, here?"
Aki
 player, 201 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Mon 21 Mar 2011
at 13:53
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
"You know what happens next better than I do."  Aki replies.  "But my father would not be able to retaliate easily.  It would often take decades or centuries for a reprisal, depending on how fast his minions move."  She looked around the village.  "It depends how far the corruption is among these people."
Tinman
 player, 112 posts
 High Tech & Liquid metal
 But still in high school
Mon 21 Mar 2011
at 17:25
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Aki:
Aki pondered for a moment.  <Red>"Yes, and no.  At the dawn of time, I came into being, even though born from the wound the Mikaboshi suffered when the universe was made, I did not think like it, nor belonged to darkness like it's minions.


"So...you...are from another...planet? Or something?" He turns to her, trying to understand. It sounded impossible, but then again-so was time travel.

Still-they had to get these people out of here. "The underground resistance should be able to get these people to safety-assuming we can find it."
Whiplash
 player, 107 posts
Mon 21 Mar 2011
at 17:39
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Elise slowed the truck as they approached the village.  "Are we stopping here?" she called back quietly to the others, before absently checking how much fuel the thing had left.

...Not that it was much help.  She definitely didn't know what kind of mileage a truck would get in the 40s.
Joseph Katsuya
 player, 178 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Mon 21 Mar 2011
at 17:48
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Joseph considered a few things. "Well, good to know we don't have to worry about them opening that rift again for a while. All we have to worry about is the standard shocktroopers. Which, admittedly, could be bad." He smirked. "Still, we get these women to Falcon, he could probably help take care of them. Could also help us determine what to do with Steiner here."
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 417 posts
Tue 22 Mar 2011
at 01:12
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
From the front door of the inn, the little girl, Zofia, ran out, chased by one of the townswomen. "Mama! Mama!" The little girl yelped.
From the back of the truck, one of the women cried out, "Zofia? Is that you?"
The Falcon, still in all black, emerged from the inn, his hands raised in a mystic gesture of warding until he recognized the driver, then moving to flag down the truck.
Whiplash
 player, 108 posts
Tue 22 Mar 2011
at 19:20
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Elise pulled the truck up in front of the inn, snagging the keys before hopping out and landing in a crouch on top of the vehicle.  "Hi, Mr. Falcon," she chirped 'pleasantly.'  "Did we do it right?"
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 419 posts
Wed 23 Mar 2011
at 00:35
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
The little girl ran to the truck, and the woman who seemed to be her mother scooped her up, "My brave little one!" Tears ran down her cheek.

"I believe you did quite well, my girl, I-"
The Falcon's words cut off as he saw Steiner come from the back of the truck. His visage looked grim for a moment, "Who is he?"
Aki
 player, 202 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Wed 23 Mar 2011
at 00:55
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
"His name is Joseph Steiner.  He helped us destroy the castle as we fled."  Aki said, standing up from her position next to him.  "He's been through a lot."
Joseph Katsuya
 player, 179 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Wed 23 Mar 2011
at 01:09
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
"He found out about what had been going on in that place. Not wanting any part of it, he managed to take out a few key rooms." Joseph looked over his shoulder. "It may not be enough in the history books, but it was at least a good deed."
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 420 posts
Wed 23 Mar 2011
at 19:33
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Steiner looked nervous, but after a moment, the Falcon nodded. "Very well. I'm thinking, young man, that a long debriefing is ahead of you, but that can wait."
As the women began to get off the truck, the dark-clothed man added, "I have made arrangements; the reinforcements that were supposed to be hear two days ago are almost here, and, with the devastation of the keep, we should be able to protect this village easily. I... Do not wish to know anything of how this war ends, but I suspect those here will be safe. In the meantime, if those of you who have been... Visitors... Wish to be returned to your own ... Homes... I will begin the ritual."
Tinman
 player, 113 posts
 High Tech & Liquid metal
 But still in high school
Wed 23 Mar 2011
at 19:54
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
In reply to All-seeing Eye (msg #508):

He looked at the man. Then he began to access his history files. What happened in their timeline to these men. The people they where trying to free. If they left now, would they indeed get to safety?
Joseph Katsuya
 player, 180 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Wed 23 Mar 2011
at 20:13
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Joseph smirked, and took his silver sword. He didn't know if they'd even get a footnote in the history books. But to him, that'd suit him just fine. He could assume what happened to everyone afterwards. Something between happy ending and bittersweet, hopefully.

Hilt first, he handed the sword back to Falcon. "I'm just glad we could help."
Aki
 player, 203 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Wed 23 Mar 2011
at 20:20
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
"I'm still trying to catch up with history myself."  Aki remarked.  "But yes, I'd definately would like to get back, if there's nothing else to take care of."
Whiplash
 player, 109 posts
Wed 23 Mar 2011
at 20:21
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
"Yeah, that sounds good."  Elise hopped down to the ground, absently tossing the keys onto the driver's seat of the truck.  "I mean, umm, it's nice to be able to help and all but we're kinda missing class."
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 421 posts
Wed 23 Mar 2011
at 20:56
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?


Taking the blade offered to him, The Falcon concealed it beneath his cloak.
"Very well. Now... This ... Should... Be simple..."
A sudden feeling went through all of the temporally-displaced. It was like an exceedingly long mild static shock, putting hair on end and giving a buzz to nerve endings.
Far in the distance, there was a sound. It sounded like... One of the students from the Labyrinth? She seemed to be talking to herself...
"I can do this! I know I can!... That's right. I can do this! I know I can!"
The feeling of electrical charge begins to build, and thunder rolls in the distance. A wind whips up, and one of the women calls out, "We will never forget you! Never!"
The Falcon suddenly makes an arcane gesture, and a bolt of lightning seems caught between his hands. He winces for but a moment, and then his voice booms out above all other noise...

"MORDELIUM BERACHTUTH CHE GEUNIUM!!! MESUNIUM RACHTOR!!!"

Everything suddenly swirls, and goes dark...