Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?   Posted by All-seeing Eye.Group: 0
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 192 posts
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 05:28
Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
... The ringing in everyone's head stops.

Brittney Lance and Louette LeBeau lie, dazed, along with their fellow classmates [OOC: The PC ones, at least.] under a blue sky.
They seem to be atop a grassy hill. The peacefulness of the scene, however, is broken by the fact that all around are the signs of war. Huge scorched holes in the ground likely came from explosives, and the torn-up ruins only a few hundred yards away looks like a small european village. Smoke drifts lazily from the smashed buildings.

"...You made it. Good."
The man speaking looks much -like- Doctor Petrov, but is definitely not him. For one thing, he seems a few years older. For another, he's wearing a long black cloak over what appears to be... Army fatigues?
Of course, it's hard to tell exactly. He's covered in blood. Looks as though he's been shot a few times. After gaining everyone's attention, he coughs and falls to one knee.
Joseph Katsuya
 player, 72 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 05:33
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
When Joseph came to, he got up on one knee, and tried to get his bearings, observing the situation. ...He had nothing. Nothing he could say or think of could help him realize just what the heck had just happened, and where he was now. It was also rather unsettling. Here he was, in a big, war torn area, surrounded by smoke, disarray and the smell of war. Goodness, he just wasn't ready for this, not now.

Hell, without a weapon in this situation, he just felt naked.

When the good doctor spoke up, and then promptly collapsed, Joseph sprang towards him, propping him up so that he'd stay on one knee. "Whoa-ho, easy there, doctor."
Marcus Magnusson
 player, 117 posts
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 05:39
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
When Joseph get to the doctor Marcus moved to the two girls that had been sitting at his table, the one he had moved away from just moments before. 'Go god, I should have been near them, maybe.... The thought drops as he knelt down between the two. "Lou, Brittney...are you okay?" He askes.  His low voice, normally stoic was obviously concerned.
Aki
 player, 118 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 11:46
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Aki looked around with a worried expression.  "Joey, what's going on?  Where are we?"
Tinman
 player, 24 posts
 High Tech & Liquid metal
 But still in high school
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 13:50
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
In reply to All-seeing Eye (msg #1):

He shakes his head, and looks about. "I knew it...I knew it..." Then he blinks-as sees the message on his inner eye's HUD.

DANGERDANGERDANGER

Situation unknown-scanning.

Activating Shiva Armature protocols.

Tinman online.


He touches his belt, hidden under his shirt. A liquid silvery metal coats him, the only distinguishing feature of the outfit was a helmet with a visor. The visor begins to change color-as the scans begin to gather data.
Joseph 'Joey' Hinkleboker
 player, 58 posts
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 18:04
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
"Holy Jesus!" automatically feeling for his shield.  "Does anybody know first aid?  And we've got to get undercover before we get spotted."

"Aki, would you make up some bandages to use on Dr. Petrov while we head for that hedgerow?"
pointing at suitable cover some thirty or forty yards away.

"This is the war!  We could be anywhere from France, to Belgium to the lowlands of Germany.  I just need to see a sign."

"With all this shelling, there probably won't be any mines, but be careful."
Marcus Magnusson
 player, 118 posts
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 18:40
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Marcus looks over at the boy barking orders.  He wasn't sure if he should be following them or concerned that he might have shell shock given the little history Marcus new of him.  Seeing that both of the girl's were still alive if only dazed Marcus stood up and planted his feet shoulder length apart.  With a shrug of his wide shoulders the ground around the group heaved and shook as a five foot tall, five foot wide and 50 feet long wall of earth and stone sprung up around them to give them immediate cover.  Without another word he picks up both Brittney and Louette and tosses them over his shoulders like they were made of feathers.  He kneels down so he and the girls are still in cover and asks. "Is everyone else able to move or do you need help?"
Stinger
 player, 50 posts
 Skirmisher/Blaster/Sniper
 Whipity Whip, Zapity Zap
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 19:02
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Wondering why she’s looking up at the blue sky when she was only a moment ago in a classroom, Chloe can’t help but be confused for a moment. She sits up and rubs the side of her head briefly while looking around her. It seems like waking up from a dream, except for the weird ringing noise in her head.

She looks up at the older Professor-looking guy and sees him collapse. Without worrying about the 'reality shift', she gets up onto her feet and tries to help. She looks around, taking things in, and asks without really expecting anyone to have the answer, "What’s going on? Did we get pulled back in time or something weird like that?" She looks at the others with obvious concern on her face and comments, "He looks really bad."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:07, Wed 22 Sept 2010.

Marcus Magnusson
 player, 119 posts
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 19:07
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?

This message was deleted by the player at 19:07, Wed 22 Sept 2010.

Aki
 player, 119 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 20:13
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Aki nodded as she made some soft bandages out of shadow and started to treat the wounded man.  "Can someone explain what's going on?  I'm confused."

OOC: 16:12, Today: Aki rolled 17 using 1d20+6. Medicine (First Aid).
Whiplash
 player, 52 posts
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 20:51
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Elise vaulted to her feet with casual ease, shaking her head idly to clear it.  "Was that Italian?" was the first thing she wondered.  Glancing around, she hopped onto the side of Marcus's new wall and peeked over the top to get a better look at the ex-village.
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 193 posts
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 20:53
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Noticing the wall-of-earth, the man who looks rather like Petrov leans on Joseph.
"You came. Good, good. I didn't expect children, but from the look of things, you may be able to pull this off. And yes, the war continues to rage. The nazis have ..."
He pauses, "Perhaps before I get into this, you might tell me who I'm speaking to?"
Joseph Katsuya
 player, 73 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Wed 22 Sep 2010
at 21:59
Re: Scene 1.5 First Day... Or is it?
Joseph chuckled under his breath. "Figured it'd be the nazis..." he observed dryly. He looked back at the wounded man. "We're--"

Oh wait. He was part Japanese, and Aki was all Japanese. During World War II, the allies might not like that. Plus, time travel? Seriously? "Fresh recruits, US Allied Squad 7. Our job was to comb the quiet areas for survivors, get them to safety. You okay to walk, old timer? Maybe with some help?"

OOC: Joseph rolled 23 on 1d20+8, Bluff