Scene 2.1: Biology class.   Posted by All-seeing Eye.Group: 0
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 447 posts
Mon 18 Apr 2011
at 04:16
Scene 2.1: Biology class
The morning was a cooler one, more suited for lightweight jackets and the like. A notice had been given to the students that such things should be thought on; Evelyn Wolfe, the bio teacher, was going to take the students on a walk through the woods that surrounded the Labyrinth. The current objective: The classification of plants and animals into their taxonomic ranks, and, as Evelyn had indicated, "How to get close to some of the more delicate specimens without freaking them out."
The class, however, would start in the classroom. Linda Cole had shown up early, but seemed to be dragging; she was far from a 'morning person'. Half-asleep again, she rested her head on her desk.
Aki
 player, 226 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Mon 18 Apr 2011
at 11:50
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Aki had arrived early as well, looking as fresh as she does durring the day; yet the only difference between her now and later in the day is that she occationally yawns, blushing while she does so.
Joseph Katsuya
 player, 190 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Tue 19 Apr 2011
at 17:57
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Joseph now dressed a little more comfortably for the weather, with a heavier white shirt, and a blue jacket overtop of that. With his hands in his pockets and his book bag slung over his shoulder, Joseph sat down, and leaned back, waiting for class to start. He grinned over to Linda. "Rough night?"
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 449 posts
Tue 19 Apr 2011
at 19:10
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
"Telepathic spill," Linda said, still mostly asleep. "I keep having other peoples' dreams. It's very confusing, and not very restful."
Aki
 player, 227 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Tue 19 Apr 2011
at 19:30
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Aki turned around as she heard of Linda's sleeping problem.  "Sounds terrible!  What have you tried to do so you can get some sleep?"  She didn't seem at all bothered by having dreams invaded so much as a classmate not getting enough rest, even as she supressed another yawn, trying not to be rude.  "I'm sorry."
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 450 posts
Tue 19 Apr 2011
at 20:07
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Linda gave a weak little smile, "They've set me up with a doctor who's a specialist in telepathy. He's been running some tests, and says once they're done we can start working on a program to limit the telepathy when I sleep."

Around this time, Louette wanders in, bundled up as if expecting a snowstorm. Before heading to her desk, she hands the teacher a note. "Brittney says she's too sick to come to class today."
Aki
 player, 228 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Tue 19 Apr 2011
at 21:08
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
"That's good.  I think music might work, maybe focus on staying with one person's dreams could work.  It's been a long time since I've met one though."  Aki responds to Linda with a smile.  She looks Louette as she walks in.  "I didn't think it was that cold outside.  Is the temprature going to drop?"
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 451 posts
Tue 19 Apr 2011
at 23:28
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Louette settled into her desk, "Honey, where I come from it don't get below sixty degrees. I'm already chilled and we aren't even outside yet."
Aki
 player, 229 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Tue 19 Apr 2011
at 23:30
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Aki nodded as she yawned again.  "Oh, excuse me.  And my appologies."
Whiplash
 player, 119 posts
Wed 20 Apr 2011
at 00:34
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Elise had no trouble with mornings, and didn't care all that much about the weather either.  Not bothering with a jacket, she scuttled into the room and picked out a seat, lounging bonelessly and waiting for something to happen.
'Geri' Williamson
 player, 39 posts
 Attractive (1)
 makes things disappear
Wed 20 Apr 2011
at 04:59
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Geri stumbles into the classroom, late again, and, as usual, seeming completely unprepared - no jacket, no books, no bag. The students and faculty have gotten used to it by now, and expect that she actually has everything she needs, stored invisibly "somewhere."

"Sorry, new room. Got lost."
Riel Hahn
 player, 145 posts
Thu 21 Apr 2011
at 01:48
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
When the alarm went off, Riel was completely disoriented.  She had a headache as big as the rockies, and for a moment, she had the feeling someone was looming over her.  She found it hard to breathe and it took her a good half-hour lying in bed to convince herself that there wasn't someone in the room with her, watching her, waiting...

Riel hadn't had the panic attacks since she was a little girl.    She knew the psychological basis for it.  She knew it was probably just a manifestation of her feeling alone in a new place.  But there wasn't a rationale for it.  She'd had the time-travel adventure and had survived, had made friends in the process.

She dressed slowly and checked her itinerary, cursing that she was already late for class.   She'd blame the time-change, if she was called on it.  She'd have to log a couple more hours of sleep if she was going to get rid of the headache.

By the time she'd found the class and settled in, the tylenol was starting to kick in.  It didn't erase the pain, just muted it to manageable levels.  Excessive sounds and light bothered her though...
Tinman
 player, 124 posts
 High Tech & Liquid metal
 But still in high school
Thu 21 Apr 2011
at 04:47
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Once again-he had downloaded in his sleep. How could he be late? It was impossible! He had an atomic clock-like percision! Yet he had overslept again-downloading more info directly into the computer connected to his mind.

"Crap, crap, crap, crap..." He said, throwing on clothes and heading for Bio...
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 454 posts
Fri 22 Apr 2011
at 16:30
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Ms. Wolfe gave a slight smile, "Well, so long as everyone made it, we should be all right. Now, as mentioned in the syllabus, we'll be taking a little stroll in the woods. I've given you each a list of the native flora and fauna, and we'll see what you're able to interact with on your own. Don't get frustrated if the animals get skittish. Obviously, I don't expect the plants to run away..."
Leading the class out onto the grounds some few minutes later, the group found themselves in a lightly forested area, which grew slowly denser further from the school.
"All right, go ahead and start looking around. We'll rendezvous back here in one hour, and if there's a problem, please go ahead and use one of these."
Ms. Wolfe then handed out wrist-mounted two-way communicators. "We're set to channel 3."

Please feel free to post what you might see out in a forest, what you intend on doing... And a notice check.
Joseph Katsuya
 player, 191 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Fri 22 Apr 2011
at 17:41
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Joseph set the wrist mounted communicator to the right channel, and flashed Ms. Wolfe a thumbs up. He looked to the group with a smile. He hadn't worked with Geri on anything...Perhaps they could use this time to talk and get to know each other. "Wanna partner up on this?" he asked. "I wouldn't put it past me to mistake poison ivy for something else." Sure enough, the expression on his face suggested he wasn't taking this entirely seriously; like he'd daydream and even walk right past every objective.

OOC: 10:01, Today: Joseph Katsuya rolled 12 using 1d20+7. Notice
'Geri' Williamson
 player, 40 posts
 Attractive (1)
 makes things disappear
Fri 22 Apr 2011
at 18:01
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Geri fetched her jacket and a not-so-nice pair of shoes from "elsewhere" before the students started their hike, anticipating mud out in the woods. She always enjoyed walks through parks and woodlands, but had never taken one for academic purposes before, and had no idea what they were supposed to be learning . . . except maybe what these particular woods looked like. As such, she stuck close to the teacher. Mostly just looked like trees and moss and pine straw to her.

"Ms. Wolfe," she whispered, "what are we supposed to be looking for?"

OOC: 12:58, Today: 'Geri' Williamson rolled 14 using 1d20+5 with rolls of 9. Notice.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:02, Fri 22 Apr 2011.

Aki
 player, 231 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Fri 22 Apr 2011
at 19:39
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Aki took the wrist communicator and set it to channel 3 before wandering out, looking at the list that was handed out, and started trying to match flora and fauna around her to the list.

OOC: 14:39, Today: Aki rolled 16 using 1d20+10. Notice Roll.
Whiplash
 player, 120 posts
Sat 23 Apr 2011
at 00:15
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Elise wasn't really looking forward to the assignment.  It didn't exactly fit her talents, and unless the woods had some kind of super-animals (a possibility she hadn't ruled out -- weird things happened in Freedom City sometimes), the whole thing seemed kind of pointless and irrelevant.

Well, whatever.  She scuttled up the side of a nearby tree, and began hopping from branch to branch, looking for something interesting that hopefully wouldn't run away from her.  Much.

OOC: 19:16, Today: Whiplash rolled 19 using 1d20+10. Notice.
Riel Hahn
 player, 147 posts
Sat 23 Apr 2011
at 10:11
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Riel's headache was slowly giving way to the blessed fog of analgesics.  She watched Elise scramble up the tree, and smiled faintly.

There was someone who knew how to move...

Riel hopped in place, then took off at a burst to leap for one of the lower branches.  Noone said it haad to be done in the usual way...
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 455 posts
Sun 24 Apr 2011
at 21:59
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Equally whispering, the instructor told Geri, "For the moment, I want people to find things that interest them, animal and plant wise. Then we'll talk about how environments become as they are.

Oddly, or perhaps not-so-oddly, many of the smaller animals (rabbits, squirrels, and the like) are keeping a long distance from Whiplash, even if they don't seem to be in visual or hearing range from her...

Louette sidled up to Joseph, "C'mon, let's see what's over by that stream."
Tinman
 player, 126 posts
 High Tech & Liquid metal
 But still in high school
Sun 24 Apr 2011
at 23:34
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
In reply to All-seeing Eye (msg #14):

Despite seeing flora, fauna, and everything else he could download an image of, he was still somewhat distracted by his earlier research. He was examining a tree quite closely, but his internal pop-up menus kept looking up all the info he could on the villains.

(OOC-Notice check.19:32, Today: Tinman rolled 15 using 1d20+5.)
Joseph Katsuya
 player, 192 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Sun 24 Apr 2011
at 23:46
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Joseph grinned, and nodded. "It's probably even cooler by the water," he observed. "Glad I dressed for this." Offering the path for Louette in an "after you" pose, Joseph would follow her down to the stream, keeping an eye out for any river based lifeforms, and resisting the urge to chase after squirrels.
Whiplash
 player, 121 posts
Sun 24 Apr 2011
at 23:48
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Huh?

That was...odd.  And Elise definitely knew from odd.  Maybe it was one of those super-animals after all?

Well, it was the closest to something interesting she'd seen so far.  Elise leapt upwards and disappeared into the treetops, circling around carefully...

OOC: 19:32, Today: Whiplash rolled 35 using 1d20+16. Stealth (anti-squirrel covert ops).
Aki
 player, 232 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Mon 25 Apr 2011
at 00:22
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
Aki walked into the shadows of the trees, vanishing from view, and then reappeared behind a squirrel as she tried to quickly snatch it.

OOC: Shadowport behind the squirrel, making a stealth and grapple roll, just in case.
20:21, Today: Aki rolled 21 using 1d20+10. Ambush the Squirrel.
20:21, Today: Aki rolled 18 using 1d20+6. Capture the Squirrel.

Riel Hahn
 player, 148 posts
Mon 25 Apr 2011
at 08:34
Re: Scene 2.1: Biology class
While the others scattered out--some toward the river, others along hte path, Riel went up.  She wanted to get to the point where the branches intersected, so she could get closer to the animasl that lived in the canopy...  She expected birds, of course.

She could have just flown up there, but that would defeat half the fun of it.  And the glow she emitted when she flew might scare the animal-life away.  Yeah, like a lumbering 120lbs of human clamboring through the branches wouldn't scare anything off...


--
OOC:01:32, Today: Riel Hahn rolled 7 using 1d20+5. general Notice roll.
01:33, Today: Riel Hahn rolled 21 using 1d20+2. Climbing the trees.

Sorry, but I think Riel's having way too much fun climbing...  At least she's good at it...