Scene 4.2: First Steps.   Posted by All-seeing Eye.Group: 0
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 728 posts
Tue 21 Feb 2012
at 05:15
Scene 4.2: First Steps
24 hours after the bombshell dropped by Daedalus, the students are brought to Freedom League headquarters. They're brought in surreptitiously, however.

Daedalus, Siren, Minotaur, and Johnny Rocket are all present in one of the smaller R&D labs. Seats are available for any students involved.

"Welcome to one of my offices," Daedalus says, "We wanted to get you all set up before you headed out."

In the blink of an eye, each student finds in their hand a small bit of plastic that matches their flesh-tone completely. Johnny Rocket grins at his speed sleight-of-hand.

"These," Daedalus continues, "Are mastoid coms. They adhere to your jawline, and are quite invisible once there. They'll allow you instant verbal communication with each other, and with Epiphemus."

"Call him Pip. He likes it."

Daedalus gives Johnny a bit of a withering gaze, then continues, "Epiphemus is a small branch off the Freedom League's AI. He's been set up for verbal cues from all of you, and can be 'opted in' to other students. He has the background details on both Angel and what little knowledge we have of the organization we're looking for. For instance..."

Daedalus clears his throat, "Epiphemus, please give the current symbol data on Unknown Organization number six."

A brief hum follows, and a holo-generator springs to life, showing an image of a graffiti tag; it looks like a crude drawing in red of a circle ringed in flame.

"This has popped up in the areas of numerous small crimes and a trio of disappearances, all involving teens. The information is readily accessable to you all."

Minotaur speaks up at this point, "You've all been hand-selected, and the other students in the school have been told that if you ask for them, they're to lend a hand."

Siren simply asks, "So, what is your first step?"
Karl Grimmson
 player, 58 posts
 Sometimes the echoes
 of the past ring clear
Tue 21 Feb 2012
at 16:57
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
Howser. That was the name of the memories that breezed lightly through Karl's mind. He had held them, let them settle because what he had seemed to work for now. Last night he had gotten some tools and a chunk of wood. Using these implements he had started a small project- something the Howser part of him found meditative. As he slept, he seen the man die.

"I'd like to be there before we make our move- be a surprise, but in this bod... my body I'm not sure there's a way for me to get in. Maybe someone on your team can remedy that?"

"Otherwise I think it'd be safest to get some exit strategies as well- and a definite plan of attack. Maybe Tinman can see what he can dig up as well- as far as things like employees and shift... stuff that is less likely to have big flags on it that we could use. We should treat this as an interview- the more precise and professional we come off as being the better."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:56, Fri 24 Feb 2012.

Aki
 player, 343 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Wed 22 Feb 2012
at 13:45
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
Aki looked at the image, before summoning her group of ninjas to look for more information about this organization, it's name, their leaders, and their goals.  "I'm really not as strong as I used to have been."
Tinman
 player, 247 posts
 High Tech & Liquid metal
 But still in high school
Fri 24 Feb 2012
at 15:42
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
In reply to Karl Grimmson (msg #2):

Needless to say, even with his armor fully active, Chuck was still overwhelmed. He used to dream about this place as a kid, and now he was here. A lab he could do soooo much in! The most advanced tech-maybe even on the planet! He just was glad for the full helmet-so nobody else could see him geek out. He took the commication device, and the liquid metal suit he wore melded it into itself. As if the gizmo had been eaten by a sliver blob. It was already anazlying it and copying the design and tech.

"This...this is amazing..." He managed to studder. He then was reminded of Karl's question. It was played on his on internal HUD in front of his eyes.

"Ummm-right. Right. I can access a lot of databases from here, maybe even do some hacking if need be..."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:37, Fri 24 Feb 2012.

Karl Grimmson
 player, 59 posts
 Sometimes the echoes
 of the past ring clear
Fri 24 Feb 2012
at 16:04
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
In reply to Aki (msg #3):

Karl looked over at Aki and she instantly realized that the gaze he fixed upon her was different. There was a giddiness back in class- but not only was that gone it was replaced by something more in control than she had seen him. Normally he had the alert eye of an artistic child... now, he seemed older and more pragmatic.

"Were you a part of the mission they speak of? If not, the element of surprise should help even out whatever ails you. Besides-", he waved his hands around to indicate the ninjas. "Being able to call up your own little squad should come in handy.", he smiled with this.
Aki
 player, 344 posts
 Shadow Manipulation
 Apperance (2)
Fri 24 Feb 2012
at 16:34
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
"What mission?" Aki said as she tilted her head to the side at Karl, confused on what he was refering to.
Riel Hahn
 player, 259 posts
Sat 25 Feb 2012
at 07:52
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
"There wasn't any mission." Riel said.  "We just... we were helping a friend.  And kinda got into it with some other guys.  Thought they were goin for the mafia-poser look...  but, maybe I was wrong."

"We need more information." Riel shook her head.  "Maybe track Tommy and Dot down?  They'd know a bit more.  You think the girls'd know anything?  Marcus, Joseph?  Didn't they give you their numbers?"  She tried to bite back the smirk.  That's what clubs were all about, wasn't it?  An excuse to hook up with someone...

This message was last edited by the player at 07:52, Sat 25 Feb 2012.

Joseph Katsuya
 player, 268 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Tue 28 Feb 2012
at 05:41
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
Joseph smirked, nodded, and took out his cellphone, spinning it between his fingers as he handed it over to Riel. "Got them both right here. It was only fair to keep in touch; after all, if they got in trouble before, wouldn't hurt to be on call to bail them out again."
Tinman
 player, 248 posts
 High Tech & Liquid metal
 But still in high school
Thu 1 Mar 2012
at 22:27
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
In reply to Joseph Katsuya (msg #8):

"It would be fairly easy to hack their phones. I would not even have to be close..." Chuck points out. Simply a matter of sending a signal to the orbiting broadcast and then using the gizmo's own transmissions to track down the phone. Getting location, tracking, and possible text messages-if not the voice-based ones...
Riel Hahn
 player, 260 posts
Sun 4 Mar 2012
at 09:08
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
Riel shrugged.  "If it's good enough for the FBI..."
Joseph Katsuya
 player, 269 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 22:33
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
Joseph nodded, and flipped his phone open. "Alright, I'll try giving Tommy a call. Chuck, you ready for possible phone tracing just in case?" With that, Joseph punched in Tommy's number, and released his signal, hoping to bounce it off of Tommy's, and allow the Tinman to listen in and get what he needed.
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 731 posts
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 22:36
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
The phone rang twice, then three times... Chuck instantly caught the digital wave and found the location of the phone as it clicked on.

"Hello?" It was Tommy's voice. He sounded... Tired. It was the middle of the afternoon...
Joseph Katsuya
 player, 270 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Wed 7 Mar 2012
at 22:44
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
Joseph gave a wink and a thumbs up to Chuck. Really, five seconds was all Chuck would need to get all the information they could get from the phone call (well, that only involved keeping Tommy on the line), and that was being generous.

"Hey Tommy, it's Joseph. One of the guys from the other night. I--" he stopped, blinking in confusion. "Hey, you okay, dude? You sound kinda...out of it. Didn't just wake you up, did I?"</green>
Tinman
 player, 249 posts
 High Tech & Liquid metal
 But still in high school
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 03:10
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
In reply to Joseph Katsuya (msg #13):

Sure enough, several radar-like dishes formed on Tinman's shoudlers and hands. Attempting to find the singal, trace it back to the oribiting transmitter, and channel it back to its source. Creating a worm program to track the phone wherever it went...
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 732 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 03:20
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
"No, no, I..." The voice on the phone sighed, "Look, the guy from the club? Me and Dot are just trying to keep off his radar right now. It means moving around a lot, sleeping some odd hours. Dot's out getting some groceries... You okay? He's not causing you grief, too, is he?"
Tinman
 player, 250 posts
 High Tech & Liquid metal
 But still in high school
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 03:24
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
In reply to All-seeing Eye (msg #15):

"I got it!" He says. "Second story, 12th and Archer, apartment above Captain Nemo's Fresh Fish. Records indicate apartment is currently vacant and for-rent." He begins the trace, in case the cell phone is hung up and starts to move. That way he could track it...
Joseph Katsuya
 player, 271 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 07:19
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
Joseph frowned a little, before a smirk came back to his lips. "Not exactly. In fact, we're looking into those guys ourselves--ah, hold on." He looked to Chuck. "Can you detect if there might be anyone else tracing the call?" This close to the Freedom League's doorstep...
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 733 posts
Tue 13 Mar 2012
at 16:36
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
"Uh, look..." Tommy says, "I know he's still hanging out at the Serpent's Tooth, but he's brought in a little extra muscle. I think you guys blacked his eye a little, and he's sore about that."
There's a moment hesitation, and he adds, "If there's something me or Dot could do to help, we would, y'know?"
Tinman
 player, 251 posts
 High Tech & Liquid metal
 But still in high school
Wed 14 Mar 2012
at 14:03
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
In reply to All-seeing Eye (msg #18):

"It's just me so far." He replied after doing some checking. Once again, he seemed to be touching and invisible screen in front of his face. He did however broadcast the call so all his friends could listen in.
Karl Grimmson
 player, 60 posts
 Sometimes the echoes
 of the past ring clear
Wed 14 Mar 2012
at 19:10
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
Karl took Riel aside as the others dealt with gathering info on the location, "Maybe you should brief me an' Aki on the layout of this place... what things look out outside of the joint, too... placement of guards and all that. With coms me an her and be on the inside when it all starts and make sure the battle field is ready for us."
Joseph Katsuya
 player, 272 posts
 Samurai Blooded
Wed 21 Mar 2012
at 04:06
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
Joseph thought about this, and nodded. "Alright, I'm going to turn off my phone, and set it to vibrate. What I want you to do is text me everything you know about this place and this guy we're going up against. I want everything you can think of, even if you think it's innocuous. Okay?"
Riel Hahn
 player, 263 posts
Wed 21 Mar 2012
at 10:36
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
In reply to Karl Grimmson (msg #20):

Riel shrugged.  "It was a night-club.  The Serpent's Tooth.."  Riel got a piece of paper and a pen, drew out a rough layout, noting rough distances, the position of the bouncers, stage, bar, and the "private rooms" in back.
All-seeing Eye
 GM, 738 posts
Thu 22 Mar 2012
at 00:04
Re: Scene 4.2: First Steps
"Will do," Tommy says, and later will begin to text over everything he remembers about Angel.