Unknown world: Pirates haven.   Posted by Astraeus.Group: 0
Astraeus
 GM, 269 posts
Tue 7 Feb 2012
at 10:01
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
 A few moments after the discussion begins the sound of heavy motors and the low hum of a Flyer's engines sounds over the area. three transport trucks roll up from just a few hundred feet of the explorers position the first two truck loaded with ore the third truck loaded with shabby looking men in rags of uniforms and street clothes.
  The flyer is unarmored but obviously aremd with a tri-barrel weapon under it's belly and several short tubes welded to the sides of the cabin. It paces the convoy until the south gate opens and allows the trucks in and allows a small rover out which heads back down the same road with several armed women in it's passenger cabin.
V'nari K'mahda
 player, 81 posts
 O'maeda Ambassador
 Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid
Sun 12 Feb 2012
at 04:05
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
"Given the flyer and the defences...well we clearly now know there's a mine further up the road. Possibly one worth investigating as an ambush site....we could free some of the workers and potentially enlist them....or some of them and we could suborn the trucks to hide Skrugg and the others in. What do you think? Getting some of the workers will also tell us the internal controls and layout of the place. I think it's worth investigation."
Kali
 player, 61 posts
Sun 12 Feb 2012
at 04:50
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
"I Thought about the trucks as a way to sneak in as well. If they have enough people seeing a few new faces probably won't be a issue. They are awful vigilant in their perimeter watch though. Something's got to be causing them problems."

She glances at the others then continues softly. "Freeing the people in the mines is fine by me. IF fighting starts it starts either way the trick will be getting the shuttle and boarding a starship. Might as well get moving if we lose that vehicle we might not be able to find the mine."
V'nari K'mahda
 player, 82 posts
 O'maeda Ambassador
 Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid
Mon 13 Feb 2012
at 03:58
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
"I sort of figured we'd not be selfish in stealing a starship just for ourselves when we can bring all of the people held in slavery here back with us. I'm fairly sure I could conjure up illusions to hide the worst of it until we're inside the perimeter."
Kali
 player, 62 posts
Mon 13 Feb 2012
at 04:12
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
Kali grins when V'nari declares she plans on rescuing everyone. "Guess that means we have to take the compound. There is no way there will be a mass exodus without doing that."

At the very least they would have to take down coms and weapons systems long enough for them to make it to the starship or starships they planned on taking. As needed she will drive.

OOC: I am guessing we have to hop into our vehicle and go.
Skrugg
 player, 96 posts
 Tlazolteotl Dreadnought
 Self Exiled
Thu 16 Feb 2012
at 04:32
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
The Bone Eater watches the conversation with vague bemusement, tilting his head to fix both women with that slitted yellow eye. It was obvious that V'nari was the prime of this little group - yet how often she allowed others to choose their path. To question her. It was a bizaare practice to Skrugg; Mad. Insanity. How could any decision ever be reached if everyone was allowed to speak their mind and pull the group in seperate directions?

Perhaps all Tae were made thus, filled with a strange insanity. But something gave them an advantage; An edge. In singles, they could be crushed. In mass, they could be murdered by a well placed charge of the People. Pissed themselves, screamed agony to the black above, and allowed defects to exist in their genetic pool. And yet, they ruled the galaxy ....

Shaking himself of his musings, the Tlazolteotl twists his head. "Useless." He rumbles, a thin rope of saliva slipping from daggered teeth as he 'smiles'. "Slaves? Pfah. Tarei'hasan ..." He snarls in his own language. Insect, unworthy opponent, not even good for eating. He then twists his head to fix V'nari with his other eye. "They've been broken by Tae fear. They are only dead weight. Better to drive them before us, and let them take ammunition meant for our armor. At least then, they may die with purpose. Releasing them from this planet will only taint your dipilated gene pool further with weakness."
V'nari K'mahda
 player, 83 posts
 O'maeda Ambassador
 Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid
Thu 1 Mar 2012
at 01:04
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
V'nari rolled on to her side to watch Skrugg curiously. "Hmmm. A rather callous and possibly erroneous view to take. The greatest thing that can ever be givne to anyone is hope. Where you are surrounded by those who beat you and force you into slavery...I think even you might be broken. By rescuing them...giving them something to fight for...well.... it gives hope and with hope...and admittedly a reasonable selection of high calibre weaponry. Who knows what this world can bring us?"
Liza Mihn
 NPC, 14 posts
Thu 1 Mar 2012
at 01:10
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
  " They might fight if all they have are sharp sticks." Liza whispered looking angry and ready to rip something open with her bare teeth." Never underestimate someone who has nothing to lose but their lives. Especially, if they might have a chance to return some of the misery they have been forced to take."

  "I say we take their slave mine, and give the diggers a chance to at least die with some sort of dignity."

Kali
 player, 64 posts
Thu 1 Mar 2012
at 03:12
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
"Let's go then. It shouldn't take to long to get there especially with them leading the way. I suspect that's where the small vehicle with armed women are going. Unless they are some sort of patrol for the immediate area. Either way the transports from the mine probably leave a pretty obvious path from the mine to this location."

Once everyone is ready Kali with drive in the direction of the mine. However if for some reason they can't she will wait till then.

OOC: If we are agreed I am guessing that we are on the move towards the mine then.
Skrugg
 player, 97 posts
 Tlazolteotl Dreadnought
 Self Exiled
Thu 1 Mar 2012
at 04:09
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
V'nari K'mahda:
Where you are surrounded by those who beat you and force you into slavery...I think even you might be broken."


"Rare is the Tlazolteotl slave, little meat, and never one after your species found us." Begins Skrugg, smiling at V'nari through his sharp teeth. "The People do not accept the flavor of defeat. We prefer glory and lust." His rumbled chuckle continues, as he swings his head aside again, to fix all of the Tae with that narrowed yellow eye.

"It is a cruelty you do to your race, to add these weak blooded males to it." That sliver of a pupil rolls aside to Liza, a small rope of drool finding its way down from the daggered mouth again. "Ho... now vengeance... that is something worth bleeding for." Madness, insanity; The Tae overflowed with it, seeming to give no thought to their present, forever focused on the future.

Amusements and revelations abound. With nostrils flaring, the heavy bodied Bone Eater makes his way back to the vehicle, for Kali to drive it.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:09, Thu 01 Mar 2012.

Beowulf
 player, 56 posts
 Niorii Noble
 "It fits... like this!"
Thu 8 Mar 2012
at 22:08
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
Beowulf was ready to go as well, the biotech Mecha folded its wings in to minimize undue attention.  He was going to stay ready for a conflict, but seriously doubted there would be a gread deal more trouble for the mecha than for Skurgg.

"Alright, big smiles... like you mean it."  He had heard it was a Tae saying during stressfull but not dangerous times... but he couldn't remember who told him that.
Astraeus
 GM, 273 posts
Sat 24 Mar 2012
at 03:21
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
  The scout car rolls ahead following a well marked trail toward a series of low hills. It is not hard to follow as night falls due to the lights marking it's position.
  Soon beyond the hills a light begins too glow, harsh yellow orange lights from industrial wide angle flood lights. Keeping their distance is not hard, in the over grown hills. and soon the group can see the hills are actually the rim of an impact crater. at the base of the crater a small mine and refining station is set up inside a light barbed wire encloseure. a few guards stand in watch towers that look inward more than outward.
Kali
 player, 66 posts
Thu 5 Apr 2012
at 17:03
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
Now that they know where the mine is Kali finds a spot to park their vehicle where they won't be found easily. Now they just had to decide how to go about taking the mine. Once the slaves were free they would have a large probably willing fighting force. Hopefully more then enough to use the confusion to get a shuttle up to a ship. Then they had the problem of taking the ship.

"Well we are here. So first step take the mine and get the slaves as a fighting force to start confusion and take over the base. Then we take a shuttle up to one of the ships probably under the cover of evacuation. Then we have to take over the ship and we can get everybody off this rock that we can. We want to take them hopefully without them allerting the main camp. So lets take out the guard shack."

Getting out of the vehicle she checks her weapons. "Beowulf if you can you take care of whatever radio or communication system they have. Skrugg I know you enjoy total carnage but it would be helfpul if we can take a prisoner or three. They can give us details about the main base. Which will make it easier to take over or at least get to the shuttles."
Liza Mihn
 NPC, 15 posts
Thu 5 Apr 2012
at 21:40
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
  Liza took out a small proffesional looking camera and began to scan the camp from cover. she began counting pirates, and pirates in a low whisper narrating the scene in a dispassionate voice." I'd like to link to your suit snesors and tag each of you with a button camera."
   "Heck we might as well let people see what happens when you cross a Princess of the Empire and a Bone Eater at the same time."
She offeresd a button camera to Skrugg, and Beowolf.
  " And I might want a copy, for when I need a giggle on a cold lonely night."
Beowulf
 player, 59 posts
 Niorii Noble
 "It fits... like this!"
Thu 5 Apr 2012
at 21:53
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
Beowulf ran a scan of frequency traffic, "I'll do what I can."  He planned to locate and destroy their relay nodes if jamming wasn't really within his power.  He wondered absently if they would notice him choicely overcharging his cannon were he to start.  "Shall I open a physical door as well?"
Astraeus
 GM, 275 posts
Thu 5 Apr 2012
at 21:58
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
  The radio scan wasn't difficult. The pirates were not using any encryption on their Signals. It seemed ot be loosely ordered chatter with little signal discipline. There seemed to be one womans voice on the air that was standing out. calling out instructions to patrols and directing the work gangs and their handlers.

OOC:
Compuer use check to Jam comms

DC will set the Pirates DIficulty number to use their radios

A second Comuter Use check DC 15 will locate and pinpoint the Source of the command instructions.

Skrugg
 player, 100 posts
 Tlazolteotl Dreadnought
 Self Exiled
Fri 6 Apr 2012
at 02:16
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
Kali:
"So first step take the mine and get the slaves as a fighting force to start confusion and take over the base."


The Bone Eater drops from the back of the vehicle, reaching over his shoulder to loosen the massive axe upon his back. Slit nostrils thin and snort in the air at Kali's suggestion. "At least they will serve some purpose, in absorbing ammunition from those who would oppose my journey." He grunts, before twisting his head to fix the delightfully vicious little Tae with a single yellow eye.

kali:
"Skrugg I know you enjoy total carnage but it would be helfpul if we can take a prisoner or three. They can give us details about the main base. Which will make it easier to take over or at least get to the shuttles."


"I enjoy eating, little meat, but I am no fool to gorge myself to helplessness." He states, with a dark rumble of humor. He rolls out a shoulder, the thick muscle creaking like leather and twisting wood. He twists his head around again at Liz, a massive fist practically enlosing her own as he clumsily attempts to grab the button cam. To get a look at it. And, of course, feeling along it with his teeth, when he finds he can't quite focus on it.  Grunting without comment, he lets the thing drop, interest lost for the moment. Voyeuristic little race.

"Let me know when the comms are silenced - and I will direct you all to Glory." There is an eagerness about him, the lashing of his neck and fat fingers digging at the ground.
Kali
 player, 67 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2012
at 01:55
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
She glances at Beowulf curious to see if he had accomplished what they were looking for or if they had to move closer. "Shall we proceed Beowulf? How close do we need to get before you can confirm if the Coms are down?"

She advances ready for combat though for the moment remains stealthy. They didn't want to be detected before everything was ready to proceed.
V'nari K'mahda
 player, 85 posts
 O'maeda Ambassador
 Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid
Thu 12 Apr 2012
at 01:54
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
V'nari walked behind the others content to enjoy the ride out to the mine. She was good with computers, but she suspected nowhere near the genius that Kali was. "Well, I would suggest withholding the jamming until the enemy are in the kill zone as it were. I'd also avoid talking to the slaves until we take the people on the way out here. The spark of hope our rescue here might engender will lead the guards to be suspicious."
Beowulf
 player, 60 posts
 Niorii Noble
 "It fits... like this!"
Thu 12 Apr 2012
at 16:20
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
Beowulf shakes his head, "My family always assumes they are up until proven otherwise.  Swift killing of foes is kind of what we do.  Not so much the data interpretation and modification.  That's why the other noble houses frown on us alot.  They couldn't have survived without us, but some think that it shouldn't be enough to make us noble too.  Now they are mostly upset that they have to treat... the translations run something like Captains and Corporals... with political respect."  Beowulf found it amusing at least to think of.

"I imagine that were we closer to the Tlazolteotl, they would have gained a more natural defference to those who actually hold off things wanting to actively devour them.  We're not mercenaries anymore."  The scyth blade slid on the muscles of the mecha to an outward position, "I imagine that the pirates are about to notice the energy surge because this is going to be a large plasma bolt... If anyone would like I can move away before firing to draw attention elsewhere."
Kali
 player, 68 posts
Fri 13 Apr 2012
at 02:15
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
"Very well then. Shall we advance on the guards location? I think they are more concerned with watching their slave workers then anything coming in from the outside."
Skrugg
 player, 104 posts
 Tlazolteotl Dreadnought
 Self Exiled
Mon 16 Apr 2012
at 16:06
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
The Tlazolteotl Dreadnought continued to paw at the ground while the others made their plan; But his thoughts were already turning to the battle to be had. A good, hard fight against a well armed foe. It was the weakness of his species; For all they had accomplished, the predatorial instinct was always too close to the surface of their reptillian mind. More alien than any mammalarian being could know, with drives and motivations that derive from ancient ancestors dragging screaming flesh into dark waters as opposed to hiding in trees and eating squirrels.

He speaks, first, to Beowulf - though his slitted yellow eyes never leave the nearby camp with its lights and movement, ropes of saliva slowly slipping through daggered teeth. "It is challenge and death that prunes weakness from a species. Your own would have greatly benefitted from this - a lesson the People learned long before the first weapon was grasped." The natural mindset of a Bone Eater, of course.

At Kali's question, Skrugg's only answer is to draw that heavy axe from over his shoulder, finally breaking eye contact with the enticement of the camp to show her a toothy smile. And a sudden forward charge, with-holding the usual hunting howl until he can close with the scent of warmth, flesh, and blood. His running gait is unearthly, propelling himself forward on massive knuckles - one gripped high on the haft of his axe - while his 'feet' serve only as platforms to spring forward again. Despite this, the movement is fluid and fast.
Kali
 player, 70 posts
Fri 20 Apr 2012
at 01:43
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
"Sure do what you need to Beowulf. Let's move out..."

She notes that Skrugg is already on the move. "Well that's one way to do things. Guess there is going to be one heck of a mess momentarily. So... think Skruggs enough of a distraction Beowulf? Might be a good idea to kill those Comms A.S.A.P."

Weapon at the ready she moves out unless of course it separates her from V'nari. As her bodyguard V'nari's survival is priority one.
Beowulf
 player, 61 posts
 Niorii Noble
 "It fits... like this!"
Tue 24 Apr 2012
at 12:42
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
Beowulf spread his wings and rocketed up into the air as his arm cannon began its overcharge... it was going to be one truely awe inspiring blast as it was planned to sear the structure that housed their local com array.  After all he had the training to coax more blast than most and handle it more or less safely.  He was the latest in a long line of weapon masters.

Over just about any com system that was up he offered his 'ultimatum' just a fraction of a second before he fired his blast down on them.  "Surrender," it wasn't going to stop his shot, even if they did.  But it would stop him from cutting them and their base apart and appease any sticklers with compunctions on the difference between a strategic assault and any kind of truly questionable track of action.

While it was merely a 'swordsman's honor' he did have a certain pride.
V'nari K'mahda
 player, 86 posts
 O'maeda Ambassador
 Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid
Wed 2 May 2012
at 02:59
Re: Unknown world: Pirates haven
V'nari remained perched just out of weapons range as Beowulf opened fire. Of course as soon as he did she raced towards the guards, berating herself and her concierge for not packing the more longer ranged weaponry with her suit.