On the road yet again.   Posted by Clair Brandywhine.Group: 0
Bruga Honeyfinder
 player, 788 posts
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 02:44
Re: On the road yet again
While Bruga is trying to make himself less unpresentable, he says. Well, so much for that. Hello, Elric. I'm Bruga the Sometimes. My companions have just rescued these people, taken for slaves. I think we should escort them to their homes...with dispatch. Kids, is that what you want? To go home?

And did I hear the word "bounty"? ... HEY KREE! WE'LL WANT TO BRING THE HEADS ALONG!

Kree Quickshadow
 player, 1150 posts
 Hunter of the Dark
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 05:23
Re: On the road yet again
  There is the 'thunk' of  a  Longsword being  swung, and he calls   back,..well?  Let me Know  while i am out here....There should be burlap bags on the wagon....

 he will wait to see if the heads  are needed, If not, he Keeps them in their pile.

 either way, he will head  back, after cleaning his blade on the  clothes of the  bodies.

 When he  comes Back to the wagon, the elf looks to Elric..so?..who calls for this  Bounty? And is  it from the same palce these folks are from?
Maki
 player, 262 posts
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 06:01
Re: On the road yet again
Maki finishes his examination of the new arrival. "He is indeed a follower of Mielikki. I can't detect any evil in him." He moves hiscrossbow into his left hand, and aproaches even more towards the men. Then he extends his right hand to greet him. "Well met. Unfortunately you are a bit too late to help deal with the slavers. We're taken care of that already. What is left is escorting this people to town. We'll be glad if you'd acompany us there as well."
Senuviel Alantir
 player, 648 posts
 Elf Fighter/Mage
 AC 6(5 w/shield) HP 20/20
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 14:11
Re: On the road yet again
Senuviel sheathes his sword and lowers the shield. He then walks towards Elric. You are welcome then stranger but be warned: we’ve already been betrayed by some folks of your ilk, Maki here is an exception, the rest of the guys are Claire our cleric, Bruga our honey finder though he hasn’t found any honey so far, Kree our hunter, Yenchew is someone we saved a while ago and Snare you’ve already met. I’m Senuviel Alantir, fighter and mage, you’re welcome as long as you don’t betray us. The elf goes to Kree. We should get going we’ve spent to much time here.
Bruga Honeyfinder
 player, 789 posts
Mon 21 Jul 2014
at 18:05
Re: On the road yet again
Bruga, if nobody else does it, enlists a couple of ex-prisoners to pick up the heads for easy transport. We get to a stream, we'll wash them off.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 1151 posts
 Hunter of the Dark
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 00:09
Re: On the road yet again
   Kree is the last of them to  Come back,  he has a shirt from one of the dead slavers  and was  wiping off his hands  and his Blade.

 ..well..now that is all settled, Perhaps we should get these  people to the  nearest town.

 I thought hits  him as he looks at the ex-slaves,how were you all taken?...lured out?...ambushed?....

 As he asks the Question he  turns  to Elric  and Nods a hello, since it seems Senuviel thinks he is a safe bet.
Clair Brandywhine
 GM, 1323 posts
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 00:47
Re: On the road yet again
In reply to Kree Quickshadow (msg # 843):

One young brave lad speaks up.  We do not want to go back to town, We want to settle our score with the slavers too.  He walks up holding a long sword that well is slowly sinking from the weight.

Others as young voice there wish to.  some of the older and real young just shake there heads while the few female adults move up and take all the kids and round them up, one lady says.  Best we get  our own way home.  Nothing fearing you but us just riding the wagon back to town will be enough to upset the apple cart.

Our return will get the town right.

she points to an area past your known city mentions a smaller town a couple days heavy riding.  There is where we came from.  some taken at night others from school yards.

The set about loading the wagon and re hitching the horses.  One is bad off from a few arrows, they look to the group, could you heal up the horse?


Yenchew is all for them leaving - sometimes the best shock an awe is this.  The can take the weapons we can carry the few coins.  Looks to the rest.  If you all are for hunting slavers then the mountains is where we need to go next.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 1152 posts
 Hunter of the Dark
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 00:52
Re: On the road yet again
  ..how  so?...what apple cart  do you speak of? Is it not a goodly thing, that you are free? Will not the people of the town be happy? Or....is there  someone there, who might not  be so pleased to see you?

  His eyes go to Senuviel then to Maki as he says this.
Maki
 player, 263 posts
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 05:49
Re: On the road yet again
Maki goes to the brave lad and pats him on the head. "It's very brave of you, and understandable, that you'd want to settle the score with slavers. As it is right now you'd probably only get captured or killed. But don't give up. Train your skills, and when you're older you'll be able to do much more then right now. And there will always be people in need of your help."
Elric Vanguard
 player, 6 posts
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 17:43
Re: On the road yet again
Elric gives snare a pat and then stands straight and walks to the others. He nods back to Kree and a smile to Bruga. "What can I do to help? Something about hurt horses?" He inquires.
Bruga Honeyfinder
 player, 790 posts
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 17:51
Re: On the road yet again
Yes. Although the horses are in plain sight, Bruga points and trots toward the team. If you can heal that one with the arrows in it...should hte arrows be cut out first? Or I guess it's Mielikki does the healing. The horse can't talk, so I'll say "Please" and "Thank You" for it. Nice of you to do this for free, right? Some priests charge.
Clair Brandywhine
 GM, 1324 posts
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 23:27
Re: On the road yet again
In reply to Bruga Honeyfinder (msg # 848):

The lady just chuckles, no seeing us come back into town without any aid will make my folks stronger and build a solid foundation against these and other foul things we will surly meet.  The slavers move around town to town never sta in one pace to long.

Elric - roll for your cure on the horse.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 1153 posts
 Hunter of the Dark
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 00:01
Re: On the road yet again
  Listening to the woman, Kree shrugs, If yuou all feel that way, then take the weaons  and the wagon. You know your people better then  i would.

  Hearing Burga, Kree says,...You do not have to  cut those arrows out. They came from my bow, they will desolve shortly...

 he looks at the others  and Shrugs,..a wagon this size, can't  be Pulled  by dead or wounded horse, for  very long. I figure it was the best way to stop them...The Goddess of the Hunt  understand  the trade off...
Senuviel Alantir
 player, 649 posts
 Elf Fighter/Mage
 AC 6(5 w/shield) HP 20/20
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 00:41
Re: On the road yet again
Senuviel relaxes a bit but stands attentive to his surroundings. He leaves the talking to his talkative friends. You did what you judged would be the best thing to do, my friend. Besides, the horse isn't dead and the newcomer seems capable of healing the animal. What matters most is that we hit hard a slaving cell, each person we free from this filthy lot is a potential right doer against them in the future.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 1154 posts
 Hunter of the Dark
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 00:44
Re: On the road yet again
  The elf  Nods,..and  each of the   scum we kiled, will never harm another  again....I would like to try and track those who fled...but i do not lknow if it is possible...

 He sheaths his Blade and tosses the bloodied shirt into the  brush.
Maki
 player, 264 posts
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 06:02
Re: On the road yet again
"If we failed to trach a horde of Orcs in the woods, then i doubt we'll manage to find those slavers that escaped us today. Perhaps they will take time to reflect on their actions and stop with their evil actions, now that they have seen what can happen. But i slightly doubt it." Maki said.
Clair Brandywhine
 GM, 1325 posts
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 22:27
Re: On the road yet again
In reply to Maki (msg # 853):

Actions?


Unless other wise - the freed slaves load the wagon and roll out.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 1155 posts
 Hunter of the Dark
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 22:41
Re: On the road yet again
  Kree  Looks over his  Comrades and the new fellow,well then..not a bad  daay's  work, except  for the scum that escaped...we need to move on, but which way?
Senuviel Alantir
 player, 650 posts
 Elf Fighter/Mage
 AC 6(5 w/shield) HP 20/20
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 22:46
Re: On the road yet again
I say we head on to the nearest town, restock our supplies, heal our wounds, and then hit the road again. We’ve been away for too long in my humble opinion, some news from a bartender would be welcome.  Says the elf as he set up his gear.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 1156 posts
 Hunter of the Dark
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 22:52
Re: On the road yet again
  That may be a good  Idea....perhaps, even, if  we came into one of the towns  those folks head into, with out announcing   our..'trade"..we  might pick up rumors, or hear of someone  hiring  folks to  seek us out?
Elric Vanguard
 player, 7 posts
Thu 24 Jul 2014
at 07:01
Re: On the road yet again
Elric pulls the arrow and prays to Mielikki for assistance. After the spell is complete he pats the horse gentle. "Sorry it was not much but please help these folk get home," he says softly. With that done he heads back to the others. "I am a skilled hunter and tracker, if you wish to head after the slavers I can try and follow them. No guarantees mind you."


rolled a 1 for healing
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 1157 posts
 Hunter of the Dark
Thu 24 Jul 2014
at 11:07
Re: On the road yet again
  Kree looks over the   team, Let us try this , then? We  shall let...Elric?  Was it?..see iof he can track the  slavers, even if they split up, I would  rather hunt one  down and kill him, rather then they all get away.


 Then he LOoks to Senuviel...if the  tracking taks  us  close to a town, we can veer  off  and rest a day or so. I would  take that as a sign from Tymora NA d Beshaba, that we needs rest.....

 To Malki he adds, whatever  gods  listen to you?  It may be a good time to ask thier  aid....

  Make ready then?... Elric aand Bruga toi the Point, Senuviel and Myself   will flank..everyone els  follow together..Snare  will act as rear guard, he should hear anything that comes  from behind,
Senuviel Alantir
 player, 651 posts
 Elf Fighter/Mage
 AC 6(5 w/shield) HP 20/20
Thu 24 Jul 2014
at 15:40
Re: On the road yet again
Senuviel readies his bow and nods at Kree. Aye! Lead on Elric and if you lead us to a trap, not even the gods will spare you from my wrath. Says the elf in a grim tone of voice. The elf turns to his friends then. Keep your eyes open, friends, in case those filth decide to prepare us a surprise.
Maki
 player, 265 posts
Thu 24 Jul 2014
at 16:18
Re: On the road yet again
Maki said nothing, though he wondered if Elric had any better tracking skills. He hoped they wouldn't spend a few days in the wilderness again, aimlessly running around. Though he also longed to visit a town at last, he smiled as the eager faces of Senuviel and Kree which convinced him not to complain.
Bruga Honeyfinder
 player, 791 posts
Thu 24 Jul 2014
at 16:43
Re: On the road yet again
Bruga looks at his obsessed companions as if they were, well, obsessed. But when Kree mentions Tymora and Beshaba, says Beshaba and Tymora, I'm hoping you both disapprove of slavery, so I pray for you kind assistance. For example, bad luck to those who do bad. (Bruga figures that Beshaba would prefer to be mentioned first.)