And so they march on toward the mountains.   Posted by Clair Brandywhine.Group: 0
Sam Steelstrong
 player, 7 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 15:07
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
Looking down at his belt pouches, Sam responds to Kree in somewhat of a solemn undertone, "I don't have much nor really need much. Rivlcar has been sharing his rations with me since I couldn't afford any when we left, Sam's eyes furrowing slightly Graces Spot. I would like to be able to fill up my water skin and gets some rations if available." Turning his attention to the rest of the group. "I'm not a fighter nor do I pretend to be." While tapping his rusty, about to break apart, short sword, Sam says sarcastically, "So don't be fooled by my fine weaponry. I can assist you in little ways to help you fight though and I'll try my best to stay out of the way of you more vetted adventurers."
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 1438 posts
 Hunter of the Dark
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 15:21
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
   Kree looks  from one of his Comrades to the other, before  saying,..we  will go to the LAdy's Home and gather you some food and such for  our  journey, she has  said we could do as much.    You can stand watches  an hour or so longer then the rest of us, that will aid of spell folks in thier studies and rest,  and , some time for  those of us who  use  weapons, to get a bit of extra  rest., when combat comes..and it will come. You do what you are able...  The Sisters  have had us meet? I may only assume they have plans for you...

 Turning to  Bruga,..Lead on, and Be aware...in case   someone followed  the folks we have met....

 He Nods  to Senuviel  as  he, himself, steps into the trees on the left side of the path.
GM
 GM, 483 posts
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 22:22
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
In reply to Kree Quickshadow (msg # 190):

With out any more actions the group heads back to the farm.  It is supper time.

The farm is quiet though you see a dog rooming around going from the barn to a shed but the animals are all calmly milling about as a farm animal should.

In the house you find plenty of rations for all, water skins extra and some more rope, not as long or as sturdy then the rope Thelma gave you (regular hemp rope) but it will do in a pinch.

Do you explore more of the farm?
Do you stay the night?
Do you leave?

Actions??
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 1440 posts
 Hunter of the Dark
Thu 16 Jun 2016
at 22:36
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
    The work with Sam to see what rations and   items he may need. Kree will step out  and look at the sky and frown.

  ... I know it may just be the weakness in me, But let us  stay the night, and be off in the morning, it will do us little good to go down the road a few Miles, then travel in the Dark, and...one more good   meal could not hurt ...
Senuviel Alantir
 player, 830 posts
 Elf Fighter/Mage
 AC 6(5 w/shield) HP 15/20
Fri 17 Jun 2016
at 01:00
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
Senuviel shows agreement to Kree's statement and then adds: I'd appreciate if I could get a full night's sleep so I can prepare suitable spells for what's about to come. The elf the looks at Sila We could try some preparation together as to take most of the advantage when using our spells, what do you think, Sila?
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 1441 posts
 Hunter of the Dark
Fri 17 Jun 2016
at 01:15
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
 Turning to his   friend he says,..aye...another good rest and  to have our spell folks prepared  is an important thing.

Then to the rest of his  friends....

  Bruga, and I will watch the door with Snare taking the last watch...Sam?...You  eat and rest as well, i do not know  what travels you had to get here... but you'll be picking up the slack on watches once  we hit the  wilds..so..enjoy this time now.....

 ..any of you who need to study or pray, make thay your main focus tonight before you rest...Between have the  roofover our  ehads,  Bruga, Snare, and I can handle  any watches,

 Then  the elf  Moves to the Kitchen to see what he can do, by way of making supper.
Sam Steelstrong
 player, 8 posts
Fri 17 Jun 2016
at 14:27
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains

This message was deleted by the player at 14:27, Fri 17 June 2016.

Sam Steelstrong
 player, 9 posts
Fri 17 Jun 2016
at 14:48
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
Sam agrees to take the last watch. Happy he wasn't asked to stand watch some where in the middle.
....after supper if kree finds stuff to eat
Thanking Kree for his assistance and for dinner Sam sits down and opens a book. Plain in looks, nothing more then stiffened hide and paper. On the pages were very few words but cluttered with dots, dashs, and lines.
....assuming no events till then
As everyone settles in getting ready to head to bed Sam picks up his instrument that has been hanging around his neck and begins to play a smooth peacefully melody.
About 3 Notes into the song something else hanging from Sam's neck under his shirt begins to faintly glow almost unnoticeable.
A relaxing calm feeling flows through everyone as their muscles seem to loosen up or their minor aches seem to subside a little.
Finishing up going through the pages of this book Sam heads to bed.

healing melody +2 to you HP if you were in range.  everyone should have been would be prior to first watch

09:44, Today: Sam Steelstrong rolled 2 using 1d2.  Trinket roll for group.

Clair Brandywhine
 GM, 1613 posts
Fri 17 Jun 2016
at 20:12
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
In reply to Sam Steelstrong (msg # 196):

Clair smiles at Sam, a nice touch, Keep that safe and you are even more talented then a moment ago.  She pulls Snare close and settles to listen absently petting Snare to sleep.
Sila Thorton Duskmantle
 player, 122 posts
 1/2 Elf Skyweaver of Isis
 hp:27 ac:10 thaco:19
Mon 20 Jun 2016
at 19:37
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
Senuviel Alantir:
Senuviel shows agreement to Kree's statement and then adds: I'd appreciate if I could get a full night's sleep so I can prepare suitable spells for what's about to come. The elf the looks at Sila We could try some preparation together as to take most of the advantage when using our spells, what do you think, Sila?


"Yes, I agree, allowing us to use our spells to the best advantage for the group."  Sila finds a quiet spot to go over her spells and pray to her goddess.

If any were still in need of healing Sila provided the healing magic from her goddess to them. (3 Cure Light Wounds - first come, first served)


"Bruga, I have a spell I would like to cast upon you" (Armor : Recipient base AC 6 until taking 11 point damage)
Bruga Honeyfinder
 player, 963 posts
Mon 20 Jun 2016
at 21:14
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
I trust you; go ahead.
GM
 GM, 485 posts
Mon 20 Jun 2016
at 21:48
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
In reply to Bruga Honeyfinder (msg # 199):

OOC - Sila, sorry, the Armor spell 2nd ed is only for you.  You cannot cast it on someone else and expect it to work :(   Bruga you will just have to se your charm and grace to avoid getting hit.  Unless you wan to train to be a mage???
Bruga Honeyfinder
 player, 964 posts
Mon 20 Jun 2016
at 22:42
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
Not allowed per the PHB. Interesting thought, though.
GM
 GM, 488 posts
Mon 20 Jun 2016
at 23:17
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
In reply to Bruga Honeyfinder (msg # 201):
Oh yea, many of my Thieves would have loved that spell cast on them.

I use it all the time for mages at low levels when magic protection is not plentiful and also, MU/Th and F/MU it does wonders for as you can use a shield with it - funny but not magical protections.
Sila Thorton Duskmantle
 player, 123 posts
 1/2 Elf Skyweaver of Isis
 hp:27 ac:10 thaco:19
Tue 21 Jun 2016
at 03:53
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
sorry Bruga, misread the spell.    thanks for the clarification
GM
 GM, 490 posts
Tue 21 Jun 2016
at 04:00
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
In reply to Sila Thorton Duskmantle (msg # 203):

No problem, somethings can be house rules some cannot.  Now Bruga can become a mage if he likes, chuckle.
Bruga Honeyfinder
 player, 965 posts
Tue 21 Jun 2016
at 15:49
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
Multiclass so progress in both? (But slowly...decisions, decisions)
GM
 GM, 492 posts
Thu 23 Jun 2016
at 01:02
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
In reply to Bruga Honeyfinder (msg # 205):

Now Bruga it would take time and lot;s of training to become multi classed usually about 4-6 years if you are at a training facility with a high enough level classed person.  Kinda can be expensive too.

Of course, the gods are always out for acolytes and you may be able to only take 1-3 years in the Priest hood.


Multi Class as a Fighter/Thief would tale 1-2 years with a 3rd - 5th level fighter and cost roughly 10,000 gp per year.   Oh, you would level up splitting exp once you are ready (1st level) and splitting HP from that point to.

AS a Mage/Thief 3-6 year roughly 15,000 gp per year with 3rd - 5th level trainer

As a Priest/Thief 1-3 years roughly 1,000 gp per year with 3rd - 5th level trainer

If you were to try it traveling and adventuring it would be double the years and if you had a friend/group member do it for free it would not cost as much though specific supplies would be needed.

So yea, it could happen but highly unlikely due to the scores needed, cost and time.

Now I will not say if you happen to rescue a really high level mage with a Wish spell, or do some holy sacrifice for a god or find a magical item you could become multi classed right then and there.

You choose how to play your character I just guide you.   OK, it is not really in any rules I know but why not if the situation happens.

Humans have it easier but become duel/tri.... classed - less time training and cost but you stop advancing at the current level of the original class and start at 1st level of the new class until you reach the higher level with the new class to start getting HP again.   but humans can become more then one class - you have to make some really good scores and a life time devoted to it then you die of old age :)
Bruga Honeyfinder
 player, 966 posts
Thu 23 Jun 2016
at 06:03
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
Thanks for the clarification. I'll keep it in mind. Or I could roll a 1d1,000.
Kree Quickshadow
 player, 1443 posts
 Hunter of the Dark
Thu 23 Jun 2016
at 07:29
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
 GM?....I misunderstood the  map. I was thinking it was carved..INTO the  table, rather then a  relief  map?

 Rather then have anyone  waste  paper on a 'rubbing'.. Kree or whomever has  'the spare' sheet of paper  can make a crude  map , by marking the points of interest..?

 I'd  hate to see anyone lose gear, becasue I misunderstood.
GM
 GM, 493 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2016
at 01:06
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
In reply to Kree Quickshadow (msg # 208):

Oh it is a magical mao that is both carved but yet reief and yet amost paper like flat.   You can make a sketch of i easily enough to ge a good idea and there actually is paper you find, not much but it looks like it is used for what you are doing.
GM
 GM, 494 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2016
at 01:11
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
In reply to GM (msg # 209):

Bruga, there is nothing in the "multiclass universe" that says one of your group members can try to teach/train you in a traveling style and if you are together for a long time, would become multi classed eventually or even maybe cut some time off of your training if you go at it seriously later.
Bruga Honeyfinder
 player, 970 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2016
at 02:44
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
Regret any confusion. I don't think it would be a good idea, at least for some time. Appreciate the idea. Speaking from a munchkin standpoint, it looks like a thief is pretty close to done at level 9. It may then be time to consider starting on being a mage or illusionist; the latter is closer to the rogue.

So any details are for the (far) future (assuming survival).
Senuviel Alantir
 player, 836 posts
 Elf Fighter/Mage
 AC 6(5 w/shield) HP 15/20
Fri 24 Jun 2016
at 03:13
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
And if I'm not mistaken, by level 9 or 10, a thief is able to use mage scrolls. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Bruga Honeyfinder
 player, 971 posts
Fri 24 Jun 2016
at 03:33
Re: And so they march on toward the mountains
PHB, p. 41. Yes, with a 25% chance of detrimental failure.* Never have I been, or been with, a 10th level thief...or any class for that matter. Except 1 in which my coplayers elected me most ineffectual 10th level mage ever.

I do have a mage in a suspended 3.5 game who has been effective.

*Three successes < one failure.