Frog Jumps In.   Posted by Little Teacher.Group: 0
Little Teacher
 GM, 3627 posts
Thu 24 Jan 2013
at 03:20
Frog Jumps In
I hope that our few remaining friends
Give up on trying to save us
I hope we come out with a fail-safe plot
To piss off the dumb few that forgave us
I hope the fences we mended
Fall down beneath their own weight
And I hope we hang on past the last exit
I hope it's already too late

And I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here
Someday burns down
And I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away
And I never come back to this town
again  in my life
I hope I lie
And tell everyone you were a good wife
And I hope you die
I hope we both die

I hope I cut myself shaving tomorrow
I hope it bleeds all day long
Our friends say it's darkest before the sun rises
We're pretty sure they're all wrong
I hope it stays dark forever
I hope the worst isn't over
And I hope you blink before I do
And I hope I never get sober
And I hope when you think of me years down the line
You can't find one good thing to say
And I'd hope that if I found the strength to walk out
You'd stay the hell out of my way

I am drowning
There is no sign of land
You are coming down with me
Hand in unlovable hand
And I hope you die
I hope we both die

  - The Mountain Goats, No Children
Little Teacher
 GM, 3631 posts
Thu 24 Jan 2013
at 03:50
Dorben
Koziki stares at you. "One does not eat one's brothers, Dorben." He shakes his head. "Your thoughts must have wandered out of your head if- "

He checks himself and looks away. "You have obviously been away for too long. Come. Help me get these out into the yard for their exercise." He waves at four stalls. There are two mares and two stallions, each obviously eager to be let out from the way they toss their heads and paw the ground.
Little Teacher
 GM, 3632 posts
Thu 24 Jan 2013
at 03:50
Lixue
Ochube considers and moves to a table. "I am not an investigator by nature," he says, "So I will defer to your experience."

He chats up the hostess who brings you what can charitably be called tea. At least the water is hot. The hostess manages to suppress a yawn. Her eyes look bleary and she sways a little from side to side as she stands there. When he tries to bring the conversation around she hums, "Hm...oh, what? Me?...Did you want dumplings as well?"

Ochube sighs and glances at you, asking non-verbally if you want to try

(The hostess is obviously an opium eatter)
Little Teacher
 GM, 3633 posts
Thu 24 Jan 2013
at 03:51
Arata
"If the goal was to embarass Bayushi-san, I would think it succeeded." Emu scans the crowds your group passes and then shrugs. "But if that was the point they are fools. Better to have killed her. Now they have to live with her rage." He thinks on that a moment. "I do not think I would want to be the target of her rage."

Nebu sighs. "Be that as it may, it is done. We will see if she lives up to her reputation." He glances at you. "Out of curiousity...why did you challenge her? About the mask I mean."
Doji Arata
 player, 653 posts
Thu 24 Jan 2013
at 23:48
Re: Arata
Arata makes a vague hand gesture.

"The symbolism seemed appropriate, and it can sometimes be good to remind a superior opponent that you are nonetheless not to be toyed with. Warriors can spar without hostile intent, can they not?"
Iuchi Lixue
 player, 410 posts
Fri 25 Jan 2013
at 00:52
Re: Lixue
In reply to Little Teacher (msg # 3):

OOC: I might need to change my tactics based on a medicine roll (how high is our waitress?), and/or perception roll.


"We desire conversation," Lixue says slowly and clearly, trying to gauge how aware the opium-addled hostess is. "But you seem very tired.."

Lixue pauses to see if she is alert enough to respond to the potential economic opportunity.  If not she'll suggest that the waitress fetch one of the prostitutes by the walls to come entertain them.
Moto Dorben
 player, 1109 posts
Fri 25 Jan 2013
at 01:10
Re: Dorben
Dorben nods his head contritely. He had been away and it had poisoned him. "I saw much worse in the South and I do not understand the entire story. You are correct though, my thoughts of late go to extremes. The actions I have witnessed are extreme." He comments as he watches the horses eagerness to get out of their pens. Pens individually more lavish than entire stables he saw in the South.

Dorben moved to one side to assist in letting the horses get their much needed exercise.
Moto Dorben
 player, 1110 posts
Fri 25 Jan 2013
at 02:23
Re: Dorben
Woops, double posted.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:24, Fri 25 Jan 2013.

Little Teacher
 GM, 3634 posts
Fri 25 Jan 2013
at 03:40
Tokimasa
Akodo sits atop his horse, looking like some weathered stone idol of a warrior perched outside a temple. Even in the dim light, you can see his eyes. Red from grief. A storm cloud of rage built up behind them. He glowers as you speak, staring straight at you. Straight into you. It is not polite of course, but you are both warriors and this situation is at a stage far past where manners matter any longer.

He is silent after you finish, continuing his glare. His sword, which he's kept bared and in one hand, twitches a time or two. Akodo opens his mouth.

"Then who?"
Little Teacher
 GM, 3637 posts
Fri 25 Jan 2013
at 04:53
Re: Arata
In reply to Doji Arata (msg # 5):

The road has finished cresting, and ahead you see the gates to the house. The Daidoji guards bow and move away, content to know you arrived safely. Emu stops to thank them. Kimo moves to ward Nebu as well and signals for guards to come from the gate to escort you both the rest of the way. Nebu ignores all of this.

"I suppose," he says, "but when one spars one must expect the other to spar back. And...frankly...can we trust her to know it was just a...sparring match?" He shakes his head. "No. Forget what I just said. You know the woman better than I. I will trust to your judgement of the situation. Besides we have other concerns at the moment." He turns to the gate officer. "An attempt was just made to kill one of us. Doji-san most like, but it could have been aimed at me. Institute the necessary protocols. The attack was a sniper with a bow. Guard all vantage points someone can use to fire into the compound. Coodinate with Emu-san."  He thinks a moment. "I am promoting Kimo to Lieutenant. Kimo. Draw what resources you need to ward Doji-san. An attack on him is an attack on me. Am I understood?"

Kimo bows. "Hai."

Nebu nods. "At least the situation is one I can understand now." He looks at you. "It is time I think we go on the offensive. If we need to scout the terrain...the political situation...do it. Use what means you must. Can you make a report to me in two days outlining the various factions as they stand in regard to the summit?"
Little Teacher
 GM, 3638 posts
Fri 25 Jan 2013
at 05:06
Dorben
In reply to Iuchi Lixue (msg # 6):

You assist in getting the horses to a field. The grooms descend, making sure each horse is in good condition, then begin to run them on lines as a warm up.

A familiar knicker catches your ears and you look over to another area. Kameru is in front of the stables being groomed. A man who appears to be an herbalist is studying his eye and teeth. You see the man nod and offer Kameru a dried apple.

"Lord Moto? " Etena stands there, pulling her robe around her tightly due to the cold. Another year and she will be acclimated you wager. Etena bows and hands you a letter. "This arrived yesterday for you. Your Mother sent me to bring it to you." She pauses. "I am to become a hand maid to your sister. Little Foot will stay with me. I-I am not sure what to say. Thank you Moto-sama. Arrigato. Very much. "

This message was last updated by the GM at 05:07, Fri 25 Jan 2013.

Little Teacher
 GM, 3639 posts
Fri 25 Jan 2013
at 05:07
Re: Lixue
In reply to Iuchi Lixue (msg # 6):

(Ohhhh...she's grooooooooooooovy)

The hostess smiles vacantly. But her eyes dart over you, perhaps lookingfor your coin purse to judge it's size. "Of course my Lady. What shall we converse about? "
Moto Dorben
 player, 1111 posts
Fri 25 Jan 2013
at 20:13
Re: Dorben
Dorben watches the horses head out into the field to frolic and exercise. He wondered what would lead a man, a Unicorn to eat such animals. He of course hoped it had just been that he was caught in the cold of winter in the mountains or desert and after his horse had died he descended upon it. It was still a horrific act but that would at least begin to explain the action.

Hearing Kameru he turned around and walked towards the herbalist. "Kameru was attacked by an unnatural host of insects." He was about to say more when he heard another recognizable voice.

Moto Dorben steps forward and takes the letter. As Etena relates the news he grins, his head bobbing in agreement with her new assignment. He claps her on the shoulder. "Don't thank me yet. My sister can be a handful... but she likes you, both." He pauses to smile proudly at the young girl, having seen how she appreciates being noticed. Probably a hold over from her life in the South where she was a thing to be ignored. "Look out for my sister. Whoever she marries you will make sure she is comfortable." There is a brisk ruffle of her shoulder and then he takes a couple steps away to read the letter sent to him.

He snorted in a pleased fashion at the letter. Folding it, though not getting the folds right as those that it had come with. His father, mother and sensei did not teach the young warrior how to fold paper.

Turning back from the letter. "That was Iuchi-san. She says all is well." He directs the comment to Etena. Then nodding his head adds, "I need to find my family's merchant."

"It was good to speak with you uncle. I hope we see each other again before I leave."

Iuchi Lixue
 player, 411 posts
Sat 26 Jan 2013
at 02:28
Re: Lixue
In reply to Little Teacher (msg # 12):

(Yes, we have cognition?)

Lixue asks, shifting in her seat so there is the slight jingle of a hidden coin purse. "Well, I saw a very curious tattoo. It had a lotus with a reverse torch.  What kind of person would have such a tattoo?"

Her question is something of a test of the thickness of the ice..to see if the girl is capable of noticing anything useful.  Or if she is too drugged to notice her patrons at all.

Also, it is a question that Lixue has a good guess to the answer--if she is making something up, it would be easier to know.

Better to test the ice while still on shore.

If it goes well, Lixue will ask her about the man at the table: who is he, and how long he has been waiting.  What kind of friends have joined him.   If she seems too dazed, she'll ask her to invite one of the prostitutes over to entertain them.

OOC: I hope it's okay to sum up a couple of posts worth of actions.  I don't foresee this being a terribly clever conversation. ;o)