Get Your Sword Out.   Posted by Little Teacher.Group: 0
Little Teacher
 GM, 4130 posts
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 05:09
Re: Kambe
In reply to Hida Kambe (msg # 454):


"No doubt." Kihi glances at Dusa and puckers his lips. "I have an odd request of you. Can you lose the bout regardless?" He looks back at you. "Okisa-san is after information. She has been asking certain questions, as if trying to gauge our troop strength or location. A win will just make her more...curious. A loss might be to our advantage in the long run."
Little Teacher
 GM, 4131 posts
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 05:31
Re: Lixue
In reply to Iuchi Lixue (msg # 455):

(Do you mean the 'I have little love for fiction' line? She said it in a rather aggressive way. Like she was talking about something she abhored. From what you can gather she seems to have a hatred for lies. At least the ones told by other people. She either believes her version of events wholeheartedly or she excuses herself from condemnation for the sin of falsehood. To try to put it in a nutshell: she makes up the truth as she rolls along. Anyone who disagrees with the reality she has created is a 'liar'.

Did I mention she was looney tunes?

As for tells...is she breathing?

All that being said, you can tell she hasn't disclosed everything she knows. If you can catch her in a contradiction, she should spill something. Or knife you. But you can probably take her.)

Ye narrows her eyes slightly then looks down at her tea cup. "No. Sorry. I was just not sure whether your visit was an official one or not." She blows on the hot tea and sips it. She smiles as she looks back up at you. "Did you not think my robe was well made? It is vain I know, but I was so pleased with the way it fit and the color. Yours was quite well done. Do you have a private seamstress?"
Little Teacher
 GM, 4132 posts
Fri 15 Nov 2013
at 05:38
Re: Arata
In reply to Doji Arata (msg # 456):

Nebu looks at you with a face as cold as winter. "Maybe we can ask her to find you a wife as well. Her husband's cousin has a lazy eye and the dispostion of a hornet swimming in vinegar. We could make it a double ceremony." He sighs. "I have to marry. That is the way of it. I am just hoping for someone I can cohabitat with. What do you think of Oda-sama's daughter? I know we have not met her but I can not ignore the importance of the connction now can I?"
Iuchi Lixue
 player, 611 posts
Sat 16 Nov 2013
at 14:52
Re: Lixue
Lixue smiles mildly, "It's not a very useful thing for those who have the opportunity to travel, as knowledge of local fabric houses are necessary for a good seamstress.  But beyond that--there is something to be said for those who have more practice and a wider practice in their craft.  Perhaps it is as much a difference as that between a duelist and soldier.

But perhaps you can tell me--you've said your husband is a warrior, does he prefer the dueling circle?   Either way he surely has many notable warriors of both types as his acquaintance."


OOC: I will redouble my efforts to get her to contradict herself.  ;o)   A good stabbing attempt would liven things up.
Little Teacher
 GM, 4134 posts
Sun 17 Nov 2013
at 05:52
Re: Lixue
In reply to Iuchi Lixue (msg # 460):

(Oh don't worry. I gave you the yojimbo for a reason. And I think we've only got a few more posts left here anyhow)

Ye's posture becomes much more relaxed. The hostility just seems to melt away. Her smile looks genuine, if a triffle unhinged. "Ah yes. He is accquainted with not only many great warriors but also with many skilled diplomats and brilliant thinkers. They all hold him in the highest esteem. Come." She rises, gesturing for you to follow.

She opens the door and pads quicklymdown the hall, excited. She hurries down a hall to another room and holds the door open for you. You guess it is her chamber.

The room does appear to be set as a room for two. Two mats are folded aganst the wall and there are chests for both a man and a woman to store things. A man's robe is set up on a mannequin in one corner, thread and needles line a table jsut beside it. It looks like Ye was just repairing her husband's robe when you arrived.

The robe gives you pause. It is a red robe with black piping. Black scorpions dance along one sleeve. Ye turns and points to a picture on the wall. "My  husband," she says, folding her arms across her chest as if to hug herself. She stares at the portriat. "Is he not magnificent?"

You have never laid eyes on Bayushi Tsuki but you do know of him. Not many in diplomatic circles are unfamiliar with him. But you have never heard that the Scorpion Clan champion was married to a Crane. In fact, you are quite sure he is not.

Ye stares at her 'husband's' portrait with a look as if she were many ri distant from here. A small tear rolls down one of her cheeks. "I am so fortunate to be his wife..."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:25, Mon 18 Nov 2013.

Doji Arata
 player, 777 posts
Sun 17 Nov 2013
at 23:54
Re: Arata
Arata stiffens up, only barely visibly.

"Nebu-sama, it would be best to put that woman out of your mind. There are circumstances that would make you regret that match, but I sincerely believe that it is in your best interests to know as little as possible at this time. I will tell you all if you require it, of course."
Little Teacher
 GM, 4138 posts
Mon 18 Nov 2013
at 03:41
Re: Arata
Nebu stops walking and stares at you levely. "Why would I not want to know?" He turns to face you fully. "Perhaps we should-"

"Lord! Please excuse." One of the guard stops and bows before you both. "I was told to find you right away. There is a message. Doji-sama is arriving by boat within the next two hours. The Trade Council is mobilizing to meet him at the docks. Lord Omaru has sent word asking that you attend as well."

Nebu glances at the sea. "Well. We will talk later. Get dressed. We will need to be radiant when we meet him."
Iuchi Lixue
 player, 613 posts
Mon 18 Nov 2013
at 22:23
Re: Lixue
Truly, this display is starting to make become repulsive.  No wonder she could walk through the blood of her lover.  Blood probably means nothing to her, as maddened by some strange delusional passion.

"The Scorpion clan champion is indeed a paragon," Lixue agrees, but asks with mild puzzlement in her voice.  "But if you are so fond of him, Lady Ye--then why are you having an affair with Daidoji-san?"
Doji Arata
 player, 778 posts
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 01:19
Re: Arata
"Naturally," Arata says with a nod.
"May I suggest you wear your light violet robes for the occasion? They always give you a very dignified look."
Little Teacher
 GM, 4141 posts
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 05:08
Re: Lixue
In reply to Iuchi Lixue (msg # 464):

(Didn't you see my response on your PM?)

Ye's face goes blank. Then a murderous scowl slowly peels back from underneath. Her fingers twitch. And...

She starts crying. The scowl comes loose as her lower lip begins to tremble. And the hate in her eyes melts into great globs of teary misery. And she collapses to her knees as her breath catches in great sobs. "He...he...I am so...Bayushi-san never comes! He said he loved me! He said I should wait! But he never comes! He never comes home at all!"

She reaches out quick as a cat and snatches at the hem of your robe. "I do not mran to be untrue! I do not! I am good! I...try to...be..."

She buries her face in the hem of your robe ad begins to smear her make up and anguish all over the fabric.
Little Teacher
 GM, 4142 posts
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 05:23
Re: Arata
In reply to Doji Arata (msg # 465):

Nebu rolls his eyes. "Why could I not be the second child?" He rubs the bridge of his nose. "Yes. I will take your advice of course. Hopefully we will be beneath his notice. But somehow I doubt we will get so lucky. " He nods and walks off to change.

(And you will be dreseed how exactly?)
Hida Kambe
 player, 42 posts
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 15:01
Re: Kambe
In reply to Little Teacher (msg # 457):

"Of course, Kihi-san." Kambe says. He keeps hios voice even. He sees the wisdom of Kihi's gambit.  However he is a man of pride. Still he will do his uty.
Iuchi Lixue
 player, 616 posts
Tue 19 Nov 2013
at 22:16
Re: Lixue

(I see it now, ugh--perception check Fail)

Lixue pats Lady Ye on the shoulder and back, trying to console her. "It is alright, no one reproaches you for loneliness, it is not  wrong to have a heart that needs love.  And he is behaving most cruelly towards you.."  She assures her, soothingly.   Lixue does the best she can to soothe the deeply troubled Lady Ye.

"Will you reproach him with your courage Lady Ye? Show him your goodness by helping to find this attacker.."  She suggests kindly, when the sobs quiet down. "I know that you saw something when Dadoji Chushi was leaving you, do you know why he was attacked? Who attacked him?"
Doji Arata
 player, 780 posts
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 01:20
Re: Arata
Arata spends a good half hour picking out his eveningwear. Assisted by his manservant, he dons a wide three-layered robe in cream white with purple trimmings and matching headdress. After making sure that the robes are a perfect fit and not too gaudy, he completes the ensemble with a fan painted solid black and set in polished white wood. Satisfied, he leaves to join Nebu for the welcoming assembly.

(Allright, enough of the Heian period fashion advice, we can get on with the story now!)
Little Teacher
 GM, 4144 posts
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 03:52
Re: Kambe
In reply to Hida Kambe (msg # 468):

You inspect your boken. It is acceptable. Dusa is waiting in the space laid out for the duel. She has her boken unsheathed. "If it is acceptable to you, I propose we dispense with the draw. On the signal we shall just lunge. To the first touch? Best two of three perhaps?"

(You may counter with whatever conditions you wish. They will be accepted. Go ahead and roll. If going with Dusa's suggestion, go ahead and roll your first pass. You may drop highest die rolls if you wish. It is best two out of three after all)
Little Teacher
 GM, 4145 posts
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 04:09
Re: Lixue
In reply to Iuchi Lixue (msg # 469):

Ye wipes her face. Streaks of pancake make up glob and smear like chalk marks smearing under the first pass of a broom. "I..."

She sits back and lays her hand in her lap. She studies the floor a moment. When she speaks she sounds like a small child. "I left after he did. We were to leave seperately. And I needed to...clean up." Her hands twist in her lap. "When I went down I saw him laying there. On the floor. I went past him. I...was staring at him. When I looked up I saw a man was leaving the hall. The one in the bird robes. The Kakita. I do not know him." She stands slowly. "His back was to me so I thought he had not seen me. But...when I left the hall he was not far away. Staring at me. I fled. I went from person to person. Trying to make sure I was never alone. And...Well. You know the rest." She wipes her hands on her robe then turns. She walks quickly to a small chest and opens it. She takes out a letter. "This...came last night. By messanger. The guard said it was Saboto. He is a porter who delivers messages at night for extra income."

The letter is really a note. It says simply

Sometimes the songs birds sing are not so fair. Hold your song Little Bird
Little Teacher
 GM, 4147 posts
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 04:43
Re: Arata
In reply to Doji Arata (msg # 470):

(Ah...but that tells me how long you take to prepare. And it sounds like you do not skimp on the primping. Very good. Switch to the Swim Upstream thread please. My reply post is there)
Iuchi Lixue
 player, 617 posts
Wed 20 Nov 2013
at 18:06
Re: Lixue
In reply to Little Teacher (msg # 472):

Lixue does her best to comfort Lady Ye, there is no use in leaving a trail of enemies.  Besides Lady Ye has her own troubles, adding to them won't really solve anyone's problems.    "Would it be alright if I kept the note?  The handwriting may indicate who is troubling you in this cruel way."  She frowns, "Really, these men are well deserving of a punch to the nose--and more."  She disapproves in a consoling way. "But perhaps you ought to stay rest and take care over the next few days--your poor heart has had a hard time.  Maybe see if yours friends can visit you to lift your spirits.."


OOC: I'm ready to make a graceful, polite escape before she changes her mind and stabs Lixue ;oD
Little Teacher
 GM, 4149 posts
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 03:25
Re: Lixue
(You may exit gracefully. Exit to the Swim Upstream thread where I'll post a lead in for you. Thanks.)
Hida Kambe
 player, 43 posts
Fri 22 Nov 2013
at 19:59
Re: Kambe
In reply to Little Teacher (msg # 471):

"Two of three is sufficient." he bows to her. "It is an honor, Doji-san."

Upon her signal, Kambe makes a lunge, it looks like his strike would ring true as Kambe does his best to look like he is trying to win.
Little Teacher
 GM, 4153 posts
Sun 24 Nov 2013
at 04:57
Re: Kambe
(Your good. I'm behind myself.)

You turn the blade slightly off as you sweep down, hoping to deliver an opening while missing her by just a hair.

It would work too. But Dusa steps into the blade. Her own strike seems flawless but...did she turn her blade as well? You feel her wood slap your shouder just a moment before you feel yours slap hers.

One point to Dusa-san. She looks...irritated.
Hida Kambe
 player, 44 posts
Mon 25 Nov 2013
at 19:12
Re: Kambe
Kambe smiles and locks eyes with his opponent. Now I suspect we have the same orders, but would the Crane assume we are capabale of such trickery?

"Crane speed, always impressive, Dusa-san. Perhaps I can regain some face this next pass?" Kambe says.

He sets himself again and swings.
Little Teacher
 GM, 4160 posts
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 04:11
Re: Kambe
In reply to Hida Kambe (msg # 478):

The irony here is that in this contest, you have the advantage. Dusa is the better swordsman. Though if it came to other forms of combat the advantage would be yours. But here she is fighting her training as well as you. She can not seem to curb her instincts to win. Though she is trying to lose. If you had any doubt in that, the second pass dispels them.

Dusa slides her foot wide, slowing her reaction. If you took the bait you would easily have a touch. Instead you twist your sword as you lunge, appearong to aim at the spot her slide has taken her away from. She can not check her swing in time. At least without makingit obvious. She almost flinches as she strikes your back.

"Point," calls the judge. You bow to Dusa. She restrains her expression and bows back. You move back to Kihi and Koichi. "You lost that quite admirably," Koichi sighs under his breath. "Sad our victories come in losses."

"Thank you," Kihi says, ignoring his yojimbo. "That was instructive. We should speak later when we are at home." He then stands and goes to congratulate the 'victor'.

Koichi chuckles. "I think we will be departing soon. Any one you wish to bid good evening to?"
Hida Kambe
 player, 45 posts
Tue 26 Nov 2013
at 14:54
Re: Kambe
"My competitor." Kambe says.

He waits for Kihi to say his peace to the Crane and when Kambe is convinced no one else will over hear he says quietly, "I have little excuse for my failure, Dusa-san. I am clearly not your match, but if some time in the future you would permit me to challenege you again, perhaps away from so many on lookers, I may be able to push such giddiness aside." He offers her a small frown of consolation which of course makes no sense because she was the victor.
Little Teacher
 GM, 4165 posts
Wed 27 Nov 2013
at 03:01
Re: Kambe
In reply to Hida Kambe (msg # 480):

(Please move to the Swim Upstream thread. I'll post my reply there as a lead in. Thanks.)