OOC thread: Into Falan!   Posted by Segev Stormlord.Group: 0
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 511 posts
Tue 12 Mar 2013
at 05:23
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg # 304):

Sorry I haven't been posting; I haven't had a chance since getting back from this weekend, which had me more or less afk since Thursday. I'll post something tomorrow evening! (I can't post from work anymore; they tightened the security program even FURTHER and now RPOL is a blocked site.)

...well, maybe I can, from my phone. We'll see.
Azalea
 player, 90 posts
Tue 12 Mar 2013
at 10:06
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!

:(

network restrictions are no fun.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 324 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Wed 13 Mar 2013
at 15:27
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
Azalea:
:(

network restrictions are no fun.


Truth.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 515 posts
Tue 19 Mar 2013
at 14:44
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
Weird; mysteriously, the sites are accessible again.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 518 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2013
at 06:50
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 308):

Okay. It seems this scene has died. I am open to suggestions how to proceed from here. I can skip forward and make assumptions, or I can drop improbable events on the party, or I can have some outside force interfere, but these will likely all be somewhat contrived. Would it help to discuss OOC what people want to see happen going forward?
Azalea
 player, 93 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2013
at 12:51
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!

Whoo, people are still here!

I don't mind what happens as long as something does. :p
Merlin
 player, 314 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Wed 3 Apr 2013
at 02:34
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
In reply to Azalea (msg # 310):

Well I am still doing the new baby thing and haven't really checked in since GM posted something for Beatrix LeSchaye to reply to. I would like to resolve the Guildy issue, one way or another, and move forward to the 'battle' or back to the city.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 519 posts
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 04:49
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
In reply to Merlin (msg # 311):

So noted! Thanks. Sorry I haven't been active this week; I have literally had less than 5 min. at a time in front of my computer since the 29th. ^^;

I'll try to get this resolved and moved on before Tuesday.
Merlin
 player, 315 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 06:03
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 312):

Don't worry about me, I am up to my eyeballs in sleepless nights and grades.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 520 posts
Mon 8 Apr 2013
at 12:22
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
In reply to Merlin (msg # 313):

My condolences. Good luck with the sources of those issues. x_x
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 536 posts
Wed 8 May 2013
at 19:18
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
Psst. While the scene is obviously up Azalea's alley, it's not something everyone else needs to stay out of. Participate however you like!
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 337 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Thu 30 May 2013
at 21:03
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
"How do we relocate them?" "Well, does Merlin know Solar Hero Stlye? If so, he can just kick them really, really hard and--" "No! No kicking."
Merlin
 player, 323 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Fri 31 May 2013
at 03:34
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg # 316):

Merlin is wondering what direction the 5 fruits rolled in comparison to which direction the army went or which cardinal direction did they roll.....or did I miss that or both?
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 338 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Fri 31 May 2013
at 15:31
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
That's actually a good and very relevant question that I didn't think of. Nothing has been said of it IC, and I don't know the answer OOC either. Seg?

...also relevant; are there any more dates on the tree? Could be munchy time.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 543 posts
Fri 31 May 2013
at 17:08
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
They did, in fact, roll in the direction of the army, and yes, there are more dates on the tree.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 550 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2013
at 22:13
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 319):

So, we've had no activity for several days.

Where do people want to go next? I am willing to skip to there if there's nothing of interest left here. I just haven't gotten any indication what you're planning, and while I could guess, it would at this point amount to me dictating what your characters do, and I hesitate to do that. ^^;
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 340 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Tue 18 Jun 2013
at 02:24
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
I kind of think we've done all we can do here. Fast forwarding would be good.

Bea was thinking to take these people to the nearest clean water. We may need to go rescue the Duke and his guys, though, so she might have someone take them there while we go to the Duke. Or we could split; Azalea go with them to make sure they recover, Merlin and maybe Bea go after the Duke?
Azalea
 player, 119 posts
Tue 18 Jun 2013
at 05:55
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!

Azalea would definitely not leave the village if she believed they would get sick again quickly (compassion 5 does that).

Moving them to someplace with clean water would be the fastest solution right now, and it would let us follow towards the dates :p

It's entirely plausible for the villagers to get on a cart or two and follow the party as they go, and we can drop them off at a river crossing, right? :)
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 551 posts
Tue 18 Jun 2013
at 12:27
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
You can certainly load them into a cart and take them with you; there isn't a river crossing between here and the army that Merlin saw. Remember, this is a waystation placed here in part because there's no other major civilization (or good place to stop for a night) within easy travel distance.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 341 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Tue 18 Jun 2013
at 15:08
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
Beatrix has some npcs following her that can get them to safety while we move on. One's a dragonblooded who can likely follow any medical directions Azalea gives him, so long as they don't require anything supernatural (not because he's a medic himself, but because he's good at following directions).

As to the other bit... hmmm. A magic illness causing an excess of harmful energy? Does this mean we're dealing with ...hot dates?
Azalea
 player, 120 posts
Wed 19 Jun 2013
at 05:23
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!

That sounds like a good solution.

...I had no idea we had retainers following us around :/
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 342 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Wed 19 Jun 2013
at 14:01
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
They used to be player characters, and then their players tragically vanished. :/
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 557 posts
Fri 28 Jun 2013
at 14:22
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
As a note, the exp thread has been updated. I am sorry it's been so long!
Azalea
 player, 126 posts
Fri 28 Jun 2013
at 15:22
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!

Whee! :)

I get the last bit, right? 40?

In which case, Azalea gets Wound-Cleansing Meditation (8xp), to be able to get rid of that pesky aggravated damage, too.
And I believe she'd be going over those basic katas she has learned in her free time, so is a Martial Arts increase from 2 to 3 (that's 3xp) viable?


Just to be in the clear, what's the stance on increasing Essence?

I wouldn't mind Science of Mutation sooner or later :p
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 558 posts
Fri 28 Jun 2013
at 17:36
Re: OOC thread: Into Falan!
Azalea can spend up to as many exp as everybody else, so 110 if I'm not misremembering my own math. Total, not "additional" to whatever she already had. Training times are enforced, so make sure to keep track of when you've got downtime. You can work on things in down time for which you do not yet have the exp, and then dump the exp on them when you get it, as well.

Essence-increase does require meditation and focus. It will likely require extended downtime without a lot of stunting to focus your actions on screen on the training of it for the appropriate period. I will strive to help make sure it's feasible, though, so do keep reminding me about it when you want to focus on it.