Castle Oredol.   Posted by Segev Stormlord.Group: 0
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 255 posts
Thu 29 Sep 2011
at 16:07
Castle Oredol
Reaching the castle of Duke Amaran of Oredol was largely uneventful. Villages and towns became thicker as they drew near, and a small city - at least thrice the size of Trademeet - nestles itself around the castle's walls. The overall opulence of the city of Oredol is not terribly impressive compared to that of Trademeet, but the castle itself is in excellent condition. The drawbridge and portcullis are well maintained, though a patina of dust and dirt caked on the bridge's connection point to the main road indicates that it hasn't been raised in quite some time. It would seem Oredol, at least, is peaceful.

Duke Amaran is formal and polite to the three knights, but those with the skill to read a man can tell that he only really likes Sir Clavien (with whom he shares approximate age). He seems pleasantly surprised when no captives arrive with the knights, and is effusive in his apologies for any inconvenience caused by their actions when he realizes who the Trademeet delegation really is. "I am most honored to host Traders here. Please, if you need anything, let my servants know. We always value our business dealings with our neighbors," he'd said before inviting the entire group to dine with him that evening and giving them very posh suites in the castle.

Unlike Sir Methius, Duke Amaran apparently doesn't think of the people from Trademeet (and those traveling with them) as security threats, having posted only as many guards as one might to protect valued guests and left them with the run of the castle. They have a solar connecting all of their suites, and even Freverick and Sevastian have their own rooms. Nath finally has a playmate his own age in Duke Amaran's son, as well, who is fascinated by the self-proclaimed "pirate" Galen. Unless kicked out of the room, the lordling is trailing after the good Captain and hanging on his every tale of daring-do...assuming the Captain obliges.

A servant announcing that dinner would be in half an hour has just left the group's private solar. The knights aren't around, and the barracks to which their men have been relegated are definitely not this nice, so that gives everyone a chance to take a breather, for once not surrounded by those who are at best suspiciously neutral. Amaran seems determined to make them feel like honored guests.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:10, Tue 11 Oct 2011.

Merlin
 player, 166 posts
Sun 9 Oct 2011
at 06:15
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg #1):

Merlin is out of 'costume', but still has his pack unobtrusively under his full cape. While he is not the best at such things, at the very least he will say,

"I must say, this is more than I had expected. Better accommodations I have not had in over a year. A warm soft bed without the wind whipping through ones hair could be gotten used to."
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 174 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Sun 9 Oct 2011
at 13:04
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix is dressed in another fine outfit - she seems to carry quite a few with her. "It is far preferable to sleeping in a tent just off the road, yes. I always enjoy having an actual bed at the end of a journey, be they long or short. And I do look forward to dinner - from the smell, I'd say our gracious host is preparing quite a meal."
"The good Duke does greatly value his economic relationship with Trademeet. As such, I believe our host is attempting to apologize for the inconvenience caused by his contemporary, Duke Lothus. He does not consider us a problem, and I hear tell he was annoyed about having to let the knights through his land on this mission to harass us."
As a servant comes in with tea and Bea nods, thanks her, and sends her back out. "By the by, has anyone else noticed that all of the unusually abundant servants here are young, female, and at least somewhat attractive?", she asks conversationally.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 262 posts
Mon 10 Oct 2011
at 05:05
Re: Castle Oredol
Said numerous and at least moderately attractive chambermaids make frequent ins and outs to the guests' suite, offering to arrange their beds or their travel packs or to arrange for sweets to be brought up. They're mostly professional, but Sevastian, as a Dragonblooded butler and thus exotic fellow-servant, finds himself the target of more than a little flirting.

"I had noticed," agrees Fire Soul primly. Much to her irritation, Ocean Soul keeps receiving a share of the same...and returns it in kind, though it's questionable whether he's aware it is flirting.

Three rather insistent chambermaids are mock-fighting over who gets to set up the mysterious Captain August Galen's quarters by unpacking his travel packs and arranging them conveniently. They haven't even successfully noticed what the man HAS for traveling gear, as they seem more interested in using this as an excuse to try to winkle out tales of daring-do from the self-proclaimed air pirate.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:09, Mon 10 Oct 2011.

Merlin
 player, 167 posts
Mon 10 Oct 2011
at 15:57
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg #3):

"In truth I had not, the bed was so inviting I had eyes for nothing else. Now that you mention it though, I believe you are correct."

When alone he says, "This apparent difference of opinion between the Dukes is most likely geography based. The more prosperous Duke closer to Trademeet sees it as a boon, while the Duke that is being raided by beast-men sees it as an opportunity to regain what he has lost. Will it take their King to even things out? Should we volunteer to bring the beast-men to their knees?"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:58, Mon 10 Oct 2011.

Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 175 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Mon 10 Oct 2011
at 21:48
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix quirks an eyebrow. "That is certainly an interesting proposition, Merlin, and a daring one. On the one hand, all would be relieved to not have the barbarians at the gate, as it were. While some of the dukes might miss the leeway that the threat of invasion granted them, I would assume they would prefer to have the threat lessened than allow it to remain. We would also need to be sure not to make it seem to easy, or Falan may grow fearful. But then, I am not a master of strategy."

She turns to Merlin. "What do you think it would take to do this? Do you know much of the Beastman forces?"
Captain August Galen
 player, 31 posts
Tue 11 Oct 2011
at 02:01
Re: Castle Oredol
Segev Stormlord:
Nath finally has a playmate his own age in Duke Amaran's son, as well, who is fascinated by the self-proclaimed "pirate" Galen. Unless kicked out of the room, the lordling is trailing after the good Captain and hanging on his every tale of daring-do...assuming the Captain obliges.


Galen is quite flattered at the youth's interest in tales from the Captain's past. The problem was that the Captain had a large share of campaigns that would not be wise to share. Words had to be picked carefully so as not to come back to haunt the pirate. Also, one of the main reasons Galen was here was to get more adventures under the belt, so there where few truly epic battles to tell as of yet.

Galen tries to fluff out the tales told, telling details on the slave trade and the traders in the beginning as a literary device to build up the opposition, but also to avoid talking about how the Captain exactly operates. Galen couldn't tell where the freedmen where dropped off, and with who's help, for instance.

Thankfully there where a bountiful number of colorful and eccentric Mortal Slavers and Slaves to make the tales colorful and unique.

The Captain also shares part of a larger tale involving the taming of a giant beast the size of an island that kept harassing Glaen's ship. It is then that the Captain decides it is best to leave his young audience wanting more, and escorts the boy back to his own chambers and makes sure his guardians are aware of where the boy is.

Segev Stormlord:
Three rather insistent chambermaids are mock-fighting over who gets to set up the mysterious Captain August Galen's quarters by unpacking his travel packs and arranging them conveniently. They haven't even successfully noticed what the man HAS for traveling gear, as they seem more interested in using this as an excuse to try to winkle out tales of daring-do from the self-proclaimed air pirate.


Galen's eye pop out briefly. "Oh boy." The Captain quickly tries to b-line for any duffel-bags, unsure if they where packed with the proper amount of digression. Galen tries to distract the ladies with some of the tales told to the Duke's son, though the Captain tries to weave in some alterations, focusing on parts the young lord seemed to like and leave out the parts the boy seemed less interested in. In this way, Galen is trying to perfect the stories and thus hope to use then as propaganda to advance the abolitionist agenda.

If the tales are sufficiently distracting, Galen tries to slyly lake the baffle-bag back and unpack the Captain's own duffel-bag. Galen would hate to build an early reputation as a pervert if they found Galen's collection of woman's bras and panties, all of different sizes and colors. And what if they fold them wrong?! Such beautiful underwear does not grow on trees!

(21:57, Today: Captain August Galen rolled 3 successes using 8d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Performance to distract.

21:58, Today: Captain August Galen rolled 1 success using 5d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Larceny to take Buffle-bag back.)

Merlin
 player, 168 posts
Tue 11 Oct 2011
at 04:47
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg #6):

"I, in fact, know nothing of the barbarian forces, but that is a problem that can be solved by some judicious scouting. The real problem might be their master, who may be an Exalt, godling, or Fae. Falan has not made itself an easy target and from my experiences in the North with the various tribes if its not easy or necessary for survival it wont be hit. Cost-Benefit analysis, of course. Weakening them by taking out a leader or the leader might be all that is necessary. Poisoning their water supplies, burning grass fields that their herds feed on, or just finding some plague victim and dropping them off could all thin the ranks of the barbarians. However, doing such things generally have unforeseen consequences."
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 263 posts
Tue 11 Oct 2011
at 06:15
Re: Castle Oredol
Tales and flirting are easy enough ways to convince the serving maids to leave well enough alone. They may not even have noticed that Galen didn't let them unpack for him. The Duke's son, Marran, eats up the adventure bits, and seems to find the slavers to be adequately hate-able villains. The maids were more interested in the dashing rescue of fair maiden slavegirls, though they were suitably appreciative of the young lordling's favored parts if Galen seemed proud of them.

In all, however, the only 'servants' left are finally Hun, Poe, and Sevastian and Freverick. Nath has gone to attend his Knight, and even Hun and Poe seem to be busy in a corner, arguing quietly about something.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 176 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Thu 13 Oct 2011
at 21:30
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix sips her tea, smiling as she listens to a sparrow sing outside the window, her long, pointed ears (a sure sign she's spent a little too much time in the Bordermarches) pricking to catch the sound.
As the Captain's search becomes a little more frantic, however, she turns to observe him. "Good Captain, are you quite alright? Do you perhaps require some manner of assistance?" Perhaps with giving these maids something else to busy themselves with?
Captain August Galen
 player, 32 posts
Sat 15 Oct 2011
at 14:23
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix LeSchaye:
As the Captain's search becomes a little more frantic, however, she turns to observe him. "Good Captain, are you quite alright? Do you perhaps require some manner of assistance?"


Uh-oh. "Oh no. I am merely making sure I have not..." Think fast. "...accidentally attracted any unwanted passengers in my bags. There are so many little critters that try to catch a ride from the wild."

The bag the Captain is first searching is not the one with the questionable paraphernalia. Which of the other two in the room could it be in?

It would be good to find which one and mark it to keep track of these things. Besides, August hoped to add to the c collection this evening when everyone was asleep.

(Galen lies to LeSchaye about what The Captain is doing with the duffel-bags:
10:12, Today: Captain August Galen rolled 2 successes using 5d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Lie, Larceny+Manip.)
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 179 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Mon 17 Oct 2011
at 03:38
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix adopts a bemused expression. "Oh my yes," she says dryly. "Especially this close to the Wyld, one must be ever vigilant against invasions of flesh-eating piranha squirrels. Dear me, perhaps you do need a hand with that, and well it is that I am armed."
She stands, heading for Galen's end of the suite. Think fast, Captain!

This message was last edited by the player at 03:39, Mon 17 Oct 2011.

Captain August Galen
 player, 35 posts
Wed 19 Oct 2011
at 12:52
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg #12):

Galen trows the first duffel-bag over a shoulder and runs over to the second bag and grabs it. The Captain then sweats looking at the third one still across the room as LeSchaye approaches. Not enough time. "But, I am OK doing it myself. Wait. What are you armed with?" This could go badly.
Merlin
 player, 171 posts
Wed 19 Oct 2011
at 17:24
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg #13):

"A flesh-eating piranha mongoose!"

Merlin seems less amused that the good Captain is not taking things seriously, but he knows how to jump in.
Captain August Galen
 player, 37 posts
Sat 22 Oct 2011
at 12:12
Re: Castle Oredol
Merlin:
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg #13):

"A flesh-eating piranha mongoose!"


"Really? Can I... see it?" says The Captain with wide eyes. Nothing about the Wyld was out of question to Galen, and such a specimin would make a great subject for future projects.

Galen's na´vetÚ distracts the Captain from the last chance to secure the third duffel bag across the room, leaving it open for LeSchaye to open it.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:12, Sat 22 Oct 2011.

Merlin
 player, 172 posts
Sat 22 Oct 2011
at 18:54
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg #15):

Merlin comes up with his own hand wrapped in his cloak, moving it somewhat here and there in ways that an arm shouldn't move, but can. As the gets right next to Galen he stumbles a little bit, intentionally, and the mongoose hand wiggles a whole bunch. Going for the gold, Merlin has the 'mongoose' leap out to 'bite' Galen's outstretched limb!
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 180 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Mon 24 Oct 2011
at 13:57
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix is about to reply to Galen's question by simply gesturing to her tastefully jeweled 'I am rich' sword, but Merlin's outlandish answer catches her off guard. While Merlin is ready to pounce, she glances about at all the luggage - Galen must be quite the clothes horse to have this much with him. Or does he have something more interesting in there? Equipment, perhaps? More small creatures that he claims to turn into vehicles?
Whether it's being well-prepared or having fabulous taste, she wanted to see for herself. Curiosity getting the better of her, she opens the duffel and takes a look!

This message was last edited by the player at 13:57, Mon 24 Oct 2011.

Captain August Galen
 player, 38 posts
Wed 26 Oct 2011
at 23:15
Re: Castle Oredol
Merlin:
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg #15):Going for the gold, Merlin has the 'mongoose' leap out to 'bite' Galen's outstretched limb!


"Yiiiiipe!" screeched the fearless Marquis of the March of Carabas, and the nimble fellow jumped five feet up and back. The crimson clocked vigilante stood in shock for a moment, and then peered at Merlin's outstretched hand. "Amazing. It looks like a human hand. The Wyld's work is odd indeed."


Beatrix LeSchaye:
Curiosity getting the better of her, she opens the duffel and takes a look!


[OOC: Even = Undergarments in bag, Odd = not in that bag.

19:12, Today: Captain August Galen rolled 18 using 1d20. Even = Undergarments in bag, Odd = not]


Oops. The embarrassing contraband is in the bag. Indeed, all that is in that bag are female undergarments (and some male) of various sizes, colors, and styles. They are over-packed, and poor out as soon as the bag is opened, spilling all over.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:22, Thu 27 Oct 2011.

Merlin
 player, 173 posts
Wed 26 Oct 2011
at 23:37
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg #18):

Merlin looks at Galen for a moment, then laughs as he removes his hand from his cloak. Then he hears the dropping of undergarments, a sound any red blooded man should know, and turns around to find Lady LeSchaye standing over a pile of such garments for both men and women that were stuffed into Galen's bag. Then the laughing starts, keeps going, Merlin's face starts getting red.......then blue!
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 272 posts
Thu 27 Oct 2011
at 06:08
Re: Castle Oredol
Hun finds himself unceremoniously shoved into another room in the suite by Poe as soon as the two realize what is going on. He's laughing, despite her glares.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 181 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Fri 28 Oct 2011
at 00:39
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix is still and silent for a long moment. Her face is kept carefully expressionless.

"Well," she says. "A pirate, are you?"
Merlin
 player, 174 posts
Fri 28 Oct 2011
at 18:24
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg #21):

Merlin mumbles out, through gasps of breath, between bouts of laughter, "A very.....successful one.....panty pirate.....HAHAHAA!"
Captain August Galen
 player, 39 posts
Sat 29 Oct 2011
at 11:49
Re: Castle Oredol
What little can be seen of Galen's pale face (mostly cheeks) turn beet red. "Ah, ha! Yes. Well, these are all parts of my cleaver disguises. I collect them to help change on the fly, and I steel them to keep my wits sharp. Yes." Galen nods to no one in particular.

"Yes." The Captain promptly walks over to the spilled piles and starts picking them up gently and organizing them by size and color.

"Oh. Oh. My poor precious. I've been soooo rough with you. I've wrinkled you all to Malfeas and back. I'm so sorry." Galen remembers the room is not empty, and awkwardly turns around to face everyone.

"Organization is very critical when you are a busy person like myself. Yes. You need things in their proper place and neat and tidy." Galen then scoops up the remaining undergarments and tries to force them into the bag, breaking the buttons and ruining the bag. In a panic, The Captain scoops them up, wraps them in the tattered duffel-bag, and leaves to shove them under the bed and leaving a small trail of underwear behind.

Galen then comes back, clapping the hands clean, looks around, and asks "So! So, yes. So, what shall we do for the rest of the evening? Is there a conspiracy to unveil? War to be planed? Hazarded retain to plot out? Precious contraband to pilfer?" Galen tries to subtly pick up the trail while waiting for the companion's response, face still red.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:51, Sat 29 Oct 2011.

Segev Stormlord
 GM, 273 posts
Sat 29 Oct 2011
at 17:15
Re: Castle Oredol
Unfortunately for the two youngsters, Galen chose the room into which Poe was herding Hun as his place to stow the...contraband. Hun laughs all the harder, which causes Poe to incoherently scold him and try to smack him on the back of the head as a pervert. Poe is apparently used to these shenanigans, however, as he ducks, catches her arm, and spins it around behind her back, and starts...tickling her. Now it's he who's chasing her, back into the main room, as the two of them shriek like the children they are.

((OOC: Please to be making Perception+Awareness rolls. You may attempt to stunt them, if you like.))
Captain August Galen
 player, 40 posts
Sat 29 Oct 2011
at 22:18
Re: Castle Oredol
Galen holds the belief that every adventurer should hold to a steady diet of paranoia. To better facilitate this Galen makes a healthy habit of looking into every reflective surface around, and gazing absently into every shadow about. If an assassin hid in the shadows, dressed in black, his/her drab attire would start to stand out among the more subtle shades of gray nature provides within even the darkest of areas.

To the casual observer, Galen appears absent minded at times, and prone to stare at nothing much.

((OOC:
18:08, Today: Captain August Galen rolled 2 successes using 6d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Per+Awa + 1 Willpower.

3 successes + whatever stunt Dice Segev feels was earned [if any]. I forgot. Do you roll the stunt dice or do I?

EDIT:
19:43, Today: Captain August Galen rolled 1 success using 2d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Stunt Dice!

4 Successes Total.))

This message was last edited by the player at 23:45, Sat 29 Oct 2011.

Merlin
 player, 175 posts
Mon 31 Oct 2011
at 04:08
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg #25):

Merlin is far to distracted laughing to really be all that observant. He is still chuckling when the kids come running into the room. He starts laughing some more. Seems its been a long time since he has laughed.

21:06, Today: Merlin rolled 2 successes using 7d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. PER+AWA - Merlin.
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 1 post
Mon 31 Oct 2011
at 14:45
Re: Castle Oredol
The figure suddenly at the main entrance to the room is familiar to Sevastian, Galen, and Beatrix, and likely will be to Fire and Ocean Soul when the youngsters are not rough-housing and notice the familiar cloak.

The voice gives away the figure's gender as female as she says, "You were more difficult to track down than I expected. What brings your motely assemblage to this military stronghold? The room is too nice for you to be prisoners. And who is this laughing man?" Her manner is terse, her courtesies lacking. Yet Merlin can sense one highly skilled in watching and going unnoticed.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 182 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Mon 31 Oct 2011
at 22:18
Re: Castle Oredol
While she is trying to figure out what to say to this situation (and perhaps wondering if any of the brassieres in Galen's pile are large enough to possibly belong to her) Beatrix's ears twitch and she turns to the window before the figure appears. "Oh, it's you," she says, quite forgetting her usual politeness. "I was unaware you had an aptitude for singing," she adds.
After a moment, she continues. "If you must know, we are here as part of a mission to deal with the apparent misunderstanding between one of the Dukes of Falan and Trademeet. Knights were sent to abduct freemen from their town, allegedly under the dubious assumption that they would be aware of Trademeet government secrets. And this is our companion, Merlin, an expert in many things. Merlin, meet Silent Thunder Leaves. She is impertinent."
Merlin
 player, 176 posts
Tue 1 Nov 2011
at 06:55
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg #28):

Merlin gives the lady a formal bow, but once he has returned to his normal posture says, "Well, anyone that you find impertinent is certainly intriguing than the panty pirate or the Parana-Mongoose. Pleased to meet you m'Lady."
Sevastian
 player, 110 posts
 Dragon-Blooded
 Water
Tue 1 Nov 2011
at 16:26
Re: Castle Oredol
Sevastian appears, seemingly from the very air that the company is breathing, holding a tray with a tea pot and a number of cups.

He quickly hands Beatrix a saucer with a tea cup on it.
"Madam."

With the grace of a flowing river and the inevitability of a tsunami he moves across the room to Silent Thunder Leaves.

"Hello again madam, will you be joining us for tea?"
He says holding out a saucer with cup on it.

After which he serves the rest of those in attendance.  A smile given to all, and a spiked drink to the captain.
Captain August Galen
 player, 43 posts
Wed 2 Nov 2011
at 01:22
Re: Castle Oredol
Galen, not sure what to make of Ms. Leaves, and a bit sobered at what was seen, quietly observes.

Merlin:
"Well, anyone that you find impertinent is certainly intriguing than the panty pirate or the Parana-Mongoose. Pleased to meet you m'Lady."


Galen grumbles. "We'll see how you like it, when I... so and... humph. Teach you."
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 2 posts
Wed 2 Nov 2011
at 03:36
Re: Castle Oredol
"Greetings, Merlin, Expert In Many Things," she says, without inclining her head. "I have performed sufficient investigation in Trademeet Dale. The festival was quite splendid - your people do well at them. There were, indeed, no slaves there. But..." Silent Thunder Leaves lowers her cowl from her head, revealing mud-and-blond hair. "What is this 'misunderstanding' you seek to correct? Does it relate to an island south of here, controlled by Trademeet but within Falan's territorial waters?"
Captain August Galen
 player, 44 posts
Thu 3 Nov 2011
at 11:10
Re: Castle Oredol
Silent Thunder Leaves:
"Does it relate to an island south of here, controlled by Trademeet but within Falan's territorial waters?"


Galen (reluctant) gets up and does a small bow to the woman. "I apologize for my poor manners. I was so distracted by your comely visage that I failed to introduce myself. I am Captain Galen, and I am a colleague of these fine folks. Could you tell us more about this island?"
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 184 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Thu 3 Nov 2011
at 21:06
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix frowns. "I know of that island. I have been conducting negotiations with the the owner of the mineral rights there regarding the harvesting of black jade. This is not what we were here to discuss, but if you would be so kind as to tell us what you have heard, well, I for one would be grateful."
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 3 posts
Fri 4 Nov 2011
at 05:02
Re: Castle Oredol
The woman smirks disbelievingly at Galen's flattery, and answers his and the noblewoman's questions simultaneously. "It is some sort of mining operation. The proprietor is reportedly a member of the Guild. When I heard you were involved, I thought I would seek you out before I investigated it directly. It is out of the way enough that smuggling could be performed there."

She does give the Captain a passing glance, now, however. "You do look more dignified without the bush costume, at least. Though tell me, why would so dashing a Captain have so...embarrassing a collection?" Apparently, she did see the incident with the women's unmentionables.
Captain August Galen
 player, 45 posts
Fri 4 Nov 2011
at 08:51
Re: Castle Oredol
Silent Thunder Leaves:
She does give the Captain a passing glance, now, however. "You do look more dignified without the bush costume, at least."


Galen turns beet red.

Silent Thunder Leaves:
"Though tell me, why would so dashing a Captain have so...embarrassing a collection?" Apparently, she did see the incident with the women's unmentionables.


The captain blushes sheepishly while fidgeting absently. "Oh. Heh, heh. It is quite small, isn't it. You must think I am quite lazy."
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 185 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Fri 4 Nov 2011
at 17:05
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix responds in stride in an effort to rescue Galen. "While the location would be advantageous for smuggling into Falan, the nature of the island itself makes it less than ideal for that, currently. For that matter, 'island' is a bit of a misnomer for the place, as it is more of a very large, very extensive silt bar, most of which is underwater. Part of my investment is for building a proper dock and some worker housing that is sufficiently above the water level to keep them safe in a flood." Considering for a moment, she says "These facilities might be completed but this time, but it would be quite remarkable if they were. Considering the difficulties presented by the environment, I would doubt it."

"As for the owner himself, yes, I was aware he was a member of the Guild. Many honest merchants are simply for the sake of expediting trade, and he did not strike me as the sort who would engage in shady business. He is not a man who seems capable of significant duplicity. He pays his workers well, which is good because the work of panning for the jade is quite hard. His other reason for seeking investors to help him out was that he wants to pay them better for the work, which I find laudable."
After this dissertation, she pauses briefly. "Is there anything else you would like to know? And, moreover, is there anything else you would like to share?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:03, Fri 04 Nov 2011.

Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 4 posts
Sat 5 Nov 2011
at 17:51
Re: Castle Oredol
Giving a look between confused and superior as her only response to Galen's response, Silent Thunder Leaves chooses instead to focus on Beatrix's more business-like line of conversation. "How many other investors did he have?" she asks perfunctorily. "He was speaking with several different traders, including some Guildsmen who seem to have only arrived towards the end of the festival. I recognized at least one slave trader who deals with the Fair Folk amongst them."

She paces a bit, clearly uncomfortable in this confined space, despite the solar's size. "Has Trademeet Dale a particular place to where it sells large supplies of bronze weaponry?"
Merlin
 player, 180 posts
Sat 5 Nov 2011
at 18:05
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Silent Thunder Leaves (msg #38):

"A better question is why would they ever sell bronze weaponry when they can sell iron or steel weaponry, but I guess that question can wait....."

Merlin looks unsettled to hear anybody has been reduced to bronze as a composite metal for making weapons. He doesn't know why, maybe a first age memory or instinct.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 189 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Tue 8 Nov 2011
at 00:55
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix nods. "To my knowledge I was the only person who had invested so far. I would be surprised if he purchased slaves, after speaking to him, and I would also be surprised if the Guild were selling them in the Dale, since it would bring trouble on them that they could otherwise avoid."
After a pause, she says "Why bronze weaponry?"
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 5 posts
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 06:10
Re: Castle Oredol
"There was a warehouse filling with multiple small shipments that came in over the course of the week. It is the sort of thing Beastman tribes would find very valuable." The woman doesn't frown, but her firm expression turns a bit more dour. "If you had a regular client who bought such, it might have meant nothing. But if you do not...to whom are they going?"
Captain August Galen
 player, 52 posts
Fri 11 Nov 2011
at 16:16
Re: Castle Oredol
Silent Thunder Leaves:
"There was a warehouse filling with multiple small shipments that came in over the course of the week. It is the sort of thing Beastman tribes would find very valuable."


"Do you mean brinze weaponry or are there other items being stored that the Beastmen would find of interest?"
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 6 posts
Fri 11 Nov 2011
at 17:20
Re: Castle Oredol
Tossing her head derisively causes her brown hair to shake loose from her hood to hang limply and tangled behind her. "Beastmen will find any gaudy gewgaw to be desirable," she declares, "but this warehouse is just storing weapons. Or was, yesterday. And beastmen would find those to be valuable for their constant fighting."
Captain August Galen
 player, 53 posts
Fri 11 Nov 2011
at 19:08
Re: Castle Oredol
Silent Thunder Leaves:
"Beastmen will find any gaudy gewgaw to be desirable," she declares...


"I see. And what do you find desirable, Ms. Thunder?"

Silent Thunder Leaves:
"but this warehouse is just storing weapons. Or was, yesterday."


"Oh? Are the weapons gone, or is that the last time you where able to verify their location?"
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 7 posts
Fri 11 Nov 2011
at 19:32
Re: Castle Oredol
Ignoring the Captain's first question, the woman rolls her eyes at the second. "That was the last time I saw them. How would I know if they've been moved since?" Thinking further, she deigns to answer the first question after all, though she may have missed the point of it. "And I desire to know what has caused the change in the pattern of slave raids the beastman tribes have been performing."
Merlin
 player, 185 posts
Fri 11 Nov 2011
at 21:44
Re: Castle Oredol

Merlin is still standing not really moving all that much, attentively involved in the conversation.

"There has been a change in the pattern? Interesting, how recently did this start occurring?"
Captain August Galen
 player, 54 posts
Fri 11 Nov 2011
at 21:55
Re: Castle Oredol
Silent Thunder Leaves:
"That was the last time I saw them. How would I know if they've been moved since?"


"Heh. Yes. Forgive me. I've know many excessively subtle people, and it makes one question words a bit more then needed."

Silent Thunder Leaves:
"And I desire to know what has caused the change in the pattern of slave raids the beastman tribes have been performing."


"A goal we all share, my dear. But..." Galen eyes pierce into Silent Thunder Leaves eyes. "...what do you desire beyond that? In the end, what do you really want?" The Captain's voice is low. Focused.
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 8 posts
Fri 11 Nov 2011
at 23:21
Re: Castle Oredol
"The last couple of months," she answers Merlin's question. "It's why I started my investigations."

Galen's question and his intensity cause her to falter a bit in her dismissiveness. Cheeks faintly red from fluster, she shrugs her shoulders in a way that makes her cloak resemble little so much as a goose with its feathers ruffled. "Why does that matter? We have more immediate concerns," she finally forces out, glowering at him in irritation.
Captain August Galen
 player, 55 posts
Sat 12 Nov 2011
at 12:00
Re: Castle Oredol
Silent Thunder Leaves:
"Why does that matter? We have more immediate concerns," she finally forces out, glowering at him in irritation.

Without blinking, Galen gazes into the black of her eyes. "I'm not sure how the desires of one of the world's most powerful beings wouldn't matter in all of this."
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 9 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 01:46
Re: Castle Oredol
"I want to ensure that the armies of the enemies of Creation are not strengthened at the expense of the armies defending it, she responds in irritation. "I want to see Creation's enemies starve to death, never tasting of another mortal soul. Is that sufficient, O Pushy Captain?"
Merlin
 player, 186 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 02:21
Re: Castle Oredol
As Leaves has been talking Merlin had been sanding a little straighter, a little more forward. A cold fire of a kind can be seen dancing in his eyes.

"I don't know about him, but I am all for that!"
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 10 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 05:43
Re: Castle Oredol
Looking strangely at Merlin, the woman folds her arms. The motion gathers her cloak close in about herself. "I would hope everybody who isn't Wyld-born would be 'for that,' --Merlin," she replies, taking a moment to recall his name. "So, then, is there anything else that's pertinent you'd like to know?"
Sevastian
 player, 111 posts
 Dragon-Blooded
 Water
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 18:57
Re: Castle Oredol
Sevastian moves behind Madam LeSchaye.  He looks to Silent Thunder Leaves with a friendly smile.
"I think it would be most pertinent to the situation to know if you now believe what my lady told you back in ey ol farm house."
Captain August Galen
 player, 56 posts
Mon 14 Nov 2011
at 22:41
Re: Castle Oredol
Silent Thunder Leaves:
"I want to see Creation's enemies starve to death, never tasting of another mortal soul. Is that sufficient, O Pushy Captain?"


Galen suddenly shrugs playfully. "I can work with that." The Captain leans back in a chair lazily.
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 11 posts
Tue 15 Nov 2011
at 19:09
Re: Castle Oredol
"I believe that your Lady LeSchaye believes what she said,"" allows the woman reluctantly. "There are no signs of any slaves in Trademeet Dale, certainly. If the weapons are not destined for the beastmen, then the Guild connection of the merchant who owns the ...sand bar?... don't add up for me. I will have to investigate further where these extra prisoners taken on raids are going, and where the extra wealth flowing to the beastmen is coming from.

"It'd better not be the Guild or the Fair Folk."


She looks around to the group. "Well, then. Why are you in Falanian hands? You are not prisoners, or you'd be in the dungeons, not this suite in the castle. What game do you now play?"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:55, Wed 16 Nov 2011.

Segev Stormlord
 GM, 285 posts
Thu 17 Nov 2011
at 06:58
Re: Castle Oredol
A knock at the door causes Silent Thunder Leaves to jump, and she quiets down immediately. "Excuse me?" comes a muffled female voice through the closed portal, "May I come in? The Duke would like you to join him for dinner in ten minutes. I am to show you to the hall as soon as you're ready."
Sevastian
 player, 113 posts
 Dragon-Blooded
 Water
Thu 17 Nov 2011
at 15:52
Re: Castle Oredol
Sevastian moves to the door quickly and with a single quick motion opens it just enough to slip through and out.  The tall man uses his body and as much of the door as possible to hide the contents of the room.


"Hello."
He smiles kindly at the lady.
"My lady is currently indisposed and not fit for visitors.  Worry not, she will be ready for dinner."

He tilts his head slightly and looks the woman over, his deep blue eyes settling on her face.
"I do not think we have met.  I am Sevastian, Madam LeSchaye's humble servant."
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 286 posts
Thu 17 Nov 2011
at 16:19
Re: Castle Oredol
The girl is comely, probably in her mid-teens, but it could just be her freckles making her look younger than she is. She blushes at the handsome Terrestrial Exalt's nearness, and takes a demure step back. "Kelly, m'Lord," she says quickly. "I'm Kelly. Is there anything I can do to help with your mistress's indisposition? Does she require willow bark or tea of any sort? Are the accommodations not to her liking?"
Sevastian
 player, 114 posts
 Dragon-Blooded
 Water
Thu 17 Nov 2011
at 22:01
Re: Castle Oredol
The dragon smiles at the girl, and takes a slight step closer.  The more nervous she was the more likely she would be unable to process if she had heard or seen Silent Thunder.
"Such a kind offer, but madam and the others are simply in the middle of getting dressed.  They are not currently in need of either of our assistance."

He glances up and down the hall, not a quick motion, no need to tell the girl he was particularly worried about others watching.  He returns his friendly gaze to the girl.
"Well met kind Kelly.  I am sure the others will be our shortly so that you may accomplish the task given you."

The dragon makes sure the comment about the others is loud enough to be heard at least partially through the door.

"And what job is it that you do for the Duke."
He asked in a kind voice that held the calm soothing sound of waves crashing endlessly against the shore.

Sevastian surmised the girl was simply a 'servant' but had no desire to insult her position if she thought more of it.  He knew from experience, that when you serve for a living titles, if you have one, mean a lot to you.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 287 posts
Fri 18 Nov 2011
at 04:42
Re: Castle Oredol
Kelly blushed demurely but didn't back away, positioning herself accessibly to the Dragonblooded. "I'm just a chambermaid, m'lord," she answered politely, "I take care of the rooms, and their occupants if they need...anything."


Inside, Silent Thunder Leaves slipped away from the door, and looked to the other occupants. "Well?" she demanded in a harsh whisper.
Merlin
 player, 189 posts
Fri 18 Nov 2011
at 06:02
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg #60):

Merlin has already had a wonderful time at the expense of the captain and thinks that more fun is yet ahead. Good food would be nice for a change as well.

"I have been ready since we got here. However, perhaps the good Captain will need some help sorting and stowing his 'belongings'."
Sevastian
 player, 115 posts
 Dragon-Blooded
 Water
Fri 18 Nov 2011
at 18:21
Re: Castle Oredol
Sevastian smiles at the girl, much as he always does.
"Chambermaid is as good a place as any, and certainly better than some, to start for one as young as yourself."

He casually brushes a bit of dust off of her left shoulder, letting the contact last for but a moment.  He could imagine no other innocent motion that would distract the girl more.
"Would you have time to show me around the castle after dinner?  There is much of the Duke and your country that I would like to know."

He smiles.
"Information best untainted by those in politics."
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 288 posts
Fri 18 Nov 2011
at 21:44
Re: Castle Oredol
"It's not my place to say about the matters of rulership, m'lord," offered the chambermaid as she permitted the deceptively intimate touch. "But if m'lord wishes a...private tour...of the castle later on, it would be my pleasure to provide." Kelly's freckles are paler than her cheeks when she blushes.
Captain August Galen
 player, 60 posts
Fri 18 Nov 2011
at 22:31
Re: Castle Oredol
Segev Stormlord:
Inside, Silent Thunder Leaves slipped away from the door, and looked to the other occupants. "Well?" she demanded in a harsh whisper.


"Well what?!" Galen shoots back, low but harsh. Then context is grasped.

"Oh. We're just here to patch this mess up with these people and see what they know. Why don't you come to the dinner and see for yourself?"
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 12 posts
Sat 19 Nov 2011
at 21:24
Re: Castle Oredol
The dapple-cloaked woman presses her lips together and grunts quietly in thought. "Oh. No, I would not be comfortable going to this 'dinner,' and have too much left to do out and about. I will send someone to take my place. He'll make himself known to you, and will know how to get in touch with me if you learn anything I should know. I'll keep him up to date on my own findings."

With that brusque declaration, she folds into her cape and shrinks down until she's just a brown stray cat with a couple spots on her back. Unless stopped, she makes her way out of the room by the door and scurries off down the hall. Kelly is a bit too distracted by Sevastian to even notice.
Sevastian
 player, 116 posts
 Dragon-Blooded
 Water
Tue 22 Nov 2011
at 18:58
Re: Castle Oredol
Sevastian smiles.
"After dinner then."