Castle Oredol.   Posted by Segev Stormlord.Group: 0
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 180 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Mon 24 Oct 2011
at 13:57
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix is about to reply to Galen's question by simply gesturing to her tastefully jeweled 'I am rich' sword, but Merlin's outlandish answer catches her off guard. While Merlin is ready to pounce, she glances about at all the luggage - Galen must be quite the clothes horse to have this much with him. Or does he have something more interesting in there? Equipment, perhaps? More small creatures that he claims to turn into vehicles?
Whether it's being well-prepared or having fabulous taste, she wanted to see for herself. Curiosity getting the better of her, she opens the duffel and takes a look!

This message was last edited by the player at 13:57, Mon 24 Oct 2011.

Captain August Galen
 player, 38 posts
Wed 26 Oct 2011
at 23:15
Re: Castle Oredol
Merlin:
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg #15):Going for the gold, Merlin has the 'mongoose' leap out to 'bite' Galen's outstretched limb!


"Yiiiiipe!" screeched the fearless Marquis of the March of Carabas, and the nimble fellow jumped five feet up and back. The crimson clocked vigilante stood in shock for a moment, and then peered at Merlin's outstretched hand. "Amazing. It looks like a human hand. The Wyld's work is odd indeed."


Beatrix LeSchaye:
Curiosity getting the better of her, she opens the duffel and takes a look!


[OOC: Even = Undergarments in bag, Odd = not in that bag.

19:12, Today: Captain August Galen rolled 18 using 1d20. Even = Undergarments in bag, Odd = not]


Oops. The embarrassing contraband is in the bag. Indeed, all that is in that bag are female undergarments (and some male) of various sizes, colors, and styles. They are over-packed, and poor out as soon as the bag is opened, spilling all over.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:22, Thu 27 Oct 2011.

Merlin
 player, 173 posts
Wed 26 Oct 2011
at 23:37
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg #18):

Merlin looks at Galen for a moment, then laughs as he removes his hand from his cloak. Then he hears the dropping of undergarments, a sound any red blooded man should know, and turns around to find Lady LeSchaye standing over a pile of such garments for both men and women that were stuffed into Galen's bag. Then the laughing starts, keeps going, Merlin's face starts getting red.......then blue!
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 272 posts
Thu 27 Oct 2011
at 06:08
Re: Castle Oredol
Hun finds himself unceremoniously shoved into another room in the suite by Poe as soon as the two realize what is going on. He's laughing, despite her glares.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 181 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Fri 28 Oct 2011
at 00:39
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix is still and silent for a long moment. Her face is kept carefully expressionless.

"Well," she says. "A pirate, are you?"
Merlin
 player, 174 posts
Fri 28 Oct 2011
at 18:24
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg #21):

Merlin mumbles out, through gasps of breath, between bouts of laughter, "A very.....successful one.....panty pirate.....HAHAHAA!"
Captain August Galen
 player, 39 posts
Sat 29 Oct 2011
at 11:49
Re: Castle Oredol
What little can be seen of Galen's pale face (mostly cheeks) turn beet red. "Ah, ha! Yes. Well, these are all parts of my cleaver disguises. I collect them to help change on the fly, and I steel them to keep my wits sharp. Yes." Galen nods to no one in particular.

"Yes." The Captain promptly walks over to the spilled piles and starts picking them up gently and organizing them by size and color.

"Oh. Oh. My poor precious. I've been soooo rough with you. I've wrinkled you all to Malfeas and back. I'm so sorry." Galen remembers the room is not empty, and awkwardly turns around to face everyone.

"Organization is very critical when you are a busy person like myself. Yes. You need things in their proper place and neat and tidy." Galen then scoops up the remaining undergarments and tries to force them into the bag, breaking the buttons and ruining the bag. In a panic, The Captain scoops them up, wraps them in the tattered duffel-bag, and leaves to shove them under the bed and leaving a small trail of underwear behind.

Galen then comes back, clapping the hands clean, looks around, and asks "So! So, yes. So, what shall we do for the rest of the evening? Is there a conspiracy to unveil? War to be planed? Hazarded retain to plot out? Precious contraband to pilfer?" Galen tries to subtly pick up the trail while waiting for the companion's response, face still red.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:51, Sat 29 Oct 2011.

Segev Stormlord
 GM, 273 posts
Sat 29 Oct 2011
at 17:15
Re: Castle Oredol
Unfortunately for the two youngsters, Galen chose the room into which Poe was herding Hun as his place to stow the...contraband. Hun laughs all the harder, which causes Poe to incoherently scold him and try to smack him on the back of the head as a pervert. Poe is apparently used to these shenanigans, however, as he ducks, catches her arm, and spins it around behind her back, and starts...tickling her. Now it's he who's chasing her, back into the main room, as the two of them shriek like the children they are.

((OOC: Please to be making Perception+Awareness rolls. You may attempt to stunt them, if you like.))
Captain August Galen
 player, 40 posts
Sat 29 Oct 2011
at 22:18
Re: Castle Oredol
Galen holds the belief that every adventurer should hold to a steady diet of paranoia. To better facilitate this Galen makes a healthy habit of looking into every reflective surface around, and gazing absently into every shadow about. If an assassin hid in the shadows, dressed in black, his/her drab attire would start to stand out among the more subtle shades of gray nature provides within even the darkest of areas.

To the casual observer, Galen appears absent minded at times, and prone to stare at nothing much.

((OOC:
18:08, Today: Captain August Galen rolled 2 successes using 6d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Per+Awa + 1 Willpower.

3 successes + whatever stunt Dice Segev feels was earned [if any]. I forgot. Do you roll the stunt dice or do I?

EDIT:
19:43, Today: Captain August Galen rolled 1 success using 2d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Stunt Dice!

4 Successes Total.))

This message was last edited by the player at 23:45, Sat 29 Oct 2011.

Merlin
 player, 175 posts
Mon 31 Oct 2011
at 04:08
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg #25):

Merlin is far to distracted laughing to really be all that observant. He is still chuckling when the kids come running into the room. He starts laughing some more. Seems its been a long time since he has laughed.

21:06, Today: Merlin rolled 2 successes using 7d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. PER+AWA - Merlin.
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 1 post
Mon 31 Oct 2011
at 14:45
Re: Castle Oredol
The figure suddenly at the main entrance to the room is familiar to Sevastian, Galen, and Beatrix, and likely will be to Fire and Ocean Soul when the youngsters are not rough-housing and notice the familiar cloak.

The voice gives away the figure's gender as female as she says, "You were more difficult to track down than I expected. What brings your motely assemblage to this military stronghold? The room is too nice for you to be prisoners. And who is this laughing man?" Her manner is terse, her courtesies lacking. Yet Merlin can sense one highly skilled in watching and going unnoticed.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 182 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Mon 31 Oct 2011
at 22:18
Re: Castle Oredol
While she is trying to figure out what to say to this situation (and perhaps wondering if any of the brassieres in Galen's pile are large enough to possibly belong to her) Beatrix's ears twitch and she turns to the window before the figure appears. "Oh, it's you," she says, quite forgetting her usual politeness. "I was unaware you had an aptitude for singing," she adds.
After a moment, she continues. "If you must know, we are here as part of a mission to deal with the apparent misunderstanding between one of the Dukes of Falan and Trademeet. Knights were sent to abduct freemen from their town, allegedly under the dubious assumption that they would be aware of Trademeet government secrets. And this is our companion, Merlin, an expert in many things. Merlin, meet Silent Thunder Leaves. She is impertinent."
Merlin
 player, 176 posts
Tue 1 Nov 2011
at 06:55
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg #28):

Merlin gives the lady a formal bow, but once he has returned to his normal posture says, "Well, anyone that you find impertinent is certainly intriguing than the panty pirate or the Parana-Mongoose. Pleased to meet you m'Lady."
Sevastian
 player, 110 posts
 Dragon-Blooded
 Water
Tue 1 Nov 2011
at 16:26
Re: Castle Oredol
Sevastian appears, seemingly from the very air that the company is breathing, holding a tray with a tea pot and a number of cups.

He quickly hands Beatrix a saucer with a tea cup on it.
"Madam."

With the grace of a flowing river and the inevitability of a tsunami he moves across the room to Silent Thunder Leaves.

"Hello again madam, will you be joining us for tea?"
He says holding out a saucer with cup on it.

After which he serves the rest of those in attendance.  A smile given to all, and a spiked drink to the captain.
Captain August Galen
 player, 43 posts
Wed 2 Nov 2011
at 01:22
Re: Castle Oredol
Galen, not sure what to make of Ms. Leaves, and a bit sobered at what was seen, quietly observes.

Merlin:
"Well, anyone that you find impertinent is certainly intriguing than the panty pirate or the Parana-Mongoose. Pleased to meet you m'Lady."


Galen grumbles. "We'll see how you like it, when I... so and... humph. Teach you."
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 2 posts
Wed 2 Nov 2011
at 03:36
Re: Castle Oredol
"Greetings, Merlin, Expert In Many Things," she says, without inclining her head. "I have performed sufficient investigation in Trademeet Dale. The festival was quite splendid - your people do well at them. There were, indeed, no slaves there. But..." Silent Thunder Leaves lowers her cowl from her head, revealing mud-and-blond hair. "What is this 'misunderstanding' you seek to correct? Does it relate to an island south of here, controlled by Trademeet but within Falan's territorial waters?"
Captain August Galen
 player, 44 posts
Thu 3 Nov 2011
at 11:10
Re: Castle Oredol
Silent Thunder Leaves:
"Does it relate to an island south of here, controlled by Trademeet but within Falan's territorial waters?"


Galen (reluctant) gets up and does a small bow to the woman. "I apologize for my poor manners. I was so distracted by your comely visage that I failed to introduce myself. I am Captain Galen, and I am a colleague of these fine folks. Could you tell us more about this island?"
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 184 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Thu 3 Nov 2011
at 21:06
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix frowns. "I know of that island. I have been conducting negotiations with the the owner of the mineral rights there regarding the harvesting of black jade. This is not what we were here to discuss, but if you would be so kind as to tell us what you have heard, well, I for one would be grateful."
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 3 posts
Fri 4 Nov 2011
at 05:02
Re: Castle Oredol
The woman smirks disbelievingly at Galen's flattery, and answers his and the noblewoman's questions simultaneously. "It is some sort of mining operation. The proprietor is reportedly a member of the Guild. When I heard you were involved, I thought I would seek you out before I investigated it directly. It is out of the way enough that smuggling could be performed there."

She does give the Captain a passing glance, now, however. "You do look more dignified without the bush costume, at least. Though tell me, why would so dashing a Captain have so...embarrassing a collection?" Apparently, she did see the incident with the women's unmentionables.
Captain August Galen
 player, 45 posts
Fri 4 Nov 2011
at 08:51
Re: Castle Oredol
Silent Thunder Leaves:
She does give the Captain a passing glance, now, however. "You do look more dignified without the bush costume, at least."


Galen turns beet red.

Silent Thunder Leaves:
"Though tell me, why would so dashing a Captain have so...embarrassing a collection?" Apparently, she did see the incident with the women's unmentionables.


The captain blushes sheepishly while fidgeting absently. "Oh. Heh, heh. It is quite small, isn't it. You must think I am quite lazy."
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 185 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Fri 4 Nov 2011
at 17:05
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix responds in stride in an effort to rescue Galen. "While the location would be advantageous for smuggling into Falan, the nature of the island itself makes it less than ideal for that, currently. For that matter, 'island' is a bit of a misnomer for the place, as it is more of a very large, very extensive silt bar, most of which is underwater. Part of my investment is for building a proper dock and some worker housing that is sufficiently above the water level to keep them safe in a flood." Considering for a moment, she says "These facilities might be completed but this time, but it would be quite remarkable if they were. Considering the difficulties presented by the environment, I would doubt it."

"As for the owner himself, yes, I was aware he was a member of the Guild. Many honest merchants are simply for the sake of expediting trade, and he did not strike me as the sort who would engage in shady business. He is not a man who seems capable of significant duplicity. He pays his workers well, which is good because the work of panning for the jade is quite hard. His other reason for seeking investors to help him out was that he wants to pay them better for the work, which I find laudable."
After this dissertation, she pauses briefly. "Is there anything else you would like to know? And, moreover, is there anything else you would like to share?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:03, Fri 04 Nov 2011.

Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 4 posts
Sat 5 Nov 2011
at 17:51
Re: Castle Oredol
Giving a look between confused and superior as her only response to Galen's response, Silent Thunder Leaves chooses instead to focus on Beatrix's more business-like line of conversation. "How many other investors did he have?" she asks perfunctorily. "He was speaking with several different traders, including some Guildsmen who seem to have only arrived towards the end of the festival. I recognized at least one slave trader who deals with the Fair Folk amongst them."

She paces a bit, clearly uncomfortable in this confined space, despite the solar's size. "Has Trademeet Dale a particular place to where it sells large supplies of bronze weaponry?"
Merlin
 player, 180 posts
Sat 5 Nov 2011
at 18:05
Re: Castle Oredol
In reply to Silent Thunder Leaves (msg #38):

"A better question is why would they ever sell bronze weaponry when they can sell iron or steel weaponry, but I guess that question can wait....."

Merlin looks unsettled to hear anybody has been reduced to bronze as a composite metal for making weapons. He doesn't know why, maybe a first age memory or instinct.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 189 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Tue 8 Nov 2011
at 00:55
Re: Castle Oredol
Beatrix nods. "To my knowledge I was the only person who had invested so far. I would be surprised if he purchased slaves, after speaking to him, and I would also be surprised if the Guild were selling them in the Dale, since it would bring trouble on them that they could otherwise avoid."
After a pause, she says "Why bronze weaponry?"
Silent Thunder Leaves
 NPC, 5 posts
Wed 9 Nov 2011
at 06:10
Re: Castle Oredol
"There was a warehouse filling with multiple small shipments that came in over the course of the week. It is the sort of thing Beastman tribes would find very valuable." The woman doesn't frown, but her firm expression turns a bit more dour. "If you had a regular client who bought such, it might have meant nothing. But if you do not...to whom are they going?"