In the Shepherd's Shack.   Posted by Segev Stormlord.Group: 0
Mason Vaugn
 player, 16 posts
 Changing Moon Lunar
 Happy to be alive
Thu 8 Mar 2012
at 00:32
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason looked at the "pirate" that just came in and turned to the others before asking, "Does he do this often?  Is there something I should know?"
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 201 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Thu 8 Mar 2012
at 05:48
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Beatrix smirks a little. "We do seem to have some number of new faces here. Perhaps a round of introductions are in order."
Mason Vaugn
 player, 17 posts
 Changing Moon Lunar
 Happy to be alive
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 00:29
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason rolls his eyes as he takes a seat at the table.  "Well, I am still Mason Vaugn, I am still a guard working for the duke, and I am still hungry.  How long till the food is here?"
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 324 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 01:00
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
"Just a few more minutes, sir!" chimes the barkeep earnestly, in the too-cheerful tone of a put-upon servingman who knows that 'a few more minutes' is the longest he dare admit to even though it won't be enough. "Roasting the haunch right now, sir!"
Merlin
 player, 225 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 01:31
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason Vaugn:
Mason looked at the "pirate" that just came in and turned to the others before asking, "Does he do this often?  Is there something I should know?"


"Yes, it seems that our friend the 'pirate' here on the mainland is out of his element.

Mr Vaugn, Mason if I may, lets cut to the chase. I captured two of the three officers that 'kidnapped' people from Trade meet, by myself, without harm to them. Somebody got a broken arm in the process, but they decided to step under a falling rock at the wrong side.

I think that you might be able to do something similar, if in a different fashion. The same applies to the majority of our little traveling circus here.

In other words, cut the crap.
"
Mason Vaugn
 player, 18 posts
 Changing Moon Lunar
 Happy to be alive
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 05:55
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason leaned back in his chair.  "Wow, so straight to the point so quickly.  Pardon me if I didn't peg you as the type."

Thinking for a moment, Mason tapped his fingers on the arm of the chair.  "So, are you pursuing these kidnappers and trying to figure out where they're coming from or going to?  Or is it just a coincidence that you're just using it to state your strength?"
Merlin
 player, 226 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 06:12
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
In reply to Mason Vaugn (msg #19):

"Just as an example, if the aerial show wasn't enough of a clue. We already know the where, how, and when of the previous issue. We are curious as to the real reason why and not just what we have been told by those doing the deed."
Mason Vaugn
 player, 19 posts
 Changing Moon Lunar
 Happy to be alive
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 06:28
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason looked nervous all of a sudden from Merlin's accusatory statement.  "Whoa, you don't think that I had anything to do with that, do you?  I've just come this way to see if I can find out why the Guild is selling slaves to a well-known warlord in the southeast and what he's going to do with them.  I'm not with them at all."
Merlin
 player, 227 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 06:55
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
In reply to Mason Vaugn (msg #21):

"Of course not, but we had to make sure. That information is part of what we are after as well. Perhaps a strategic partnership might be advantageous?"

Merlin takes a long swig of ale at that point. The smell of roasting meat permeates the entire room as the roasting continues.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 202 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 15:32
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Beatrix sips her wine idly, smiling at the conversation (and also the smells). "Perhaps. When it comes to allies investigating a problem, one can never have too many. But Perhaps Goodman Vaugn should answer your question first?"
Bea pauses to sip some more wine and pick at some bread that was brought out before continuing. "It is, you must understand, in your best interest not to dissemble with us, Goodman Vaugn. We are probably going to visit some dangerous places, and we will likely make powerful enemies along the way. We desire to know if you will be able to handle such a path, and so the questioning is, you perceive, in your own best interest."
Captain August Galen
 player, 80 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 16:07
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason Vaugn:
Mason looked at the "pirate" that just came in and turned to the others before asking, "Does he do this often?  Is there something I should know?"


Mason Vaugn:
Mason rolls his eyes as he takes a seat at the table.  "Well, I am still Mason Vaugn, I am still a guard working for the duke, and I am still hungry.  How long till the food is here?"


"It is not about what you should know, but what I seek enlightenment on! To wit, why are you in my chair?" Galen's eyes are wide with indignity, and the Pirate's eyes ignore all available, empty seats.
Alistr Hamrsoung
 player, 27 posts
 Full Time No Moon Lunar
 Part time Smith
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 17:53
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
"Do I need to sit on the pirate whatever that is? I am Alistr Hamrsoung, Chosen of The No Moon. I have been sent by my mentor whom most of you have met." he nurses his ale.
Captain August Galen
 player, 81 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 17:57
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Alistr Hamrsoung:
"I have been sent by my mentor whom most of you have met." he nurses his ale.


"Huh? Who is that?"

Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 203 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Fri 9 Mar 2012
at 18:22
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Beatrix looks from Mason to Galen with a look of barely contained amusement on her face. "How, your chair? What has lead you to this conclusion, Captain?"
Alistr Hamrsoung
 player, 28 posts
 Full Time No Moon Lunar
 Part time Smith
Sat 10 Mar 2012
at 19:05
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
"She is the beautiful Silent Thunder Leaves. Her grace is unmatched as is her wisdom. Unfortunately she doesn't need me as much as I need her. I know that I have much to learn yet and she can help me learn what I need to learn."
Mason Vaugn
 player, 20 posts
 Changing Moon Lunar
 Happy to be alive
Sat 10 Mar 2012
at 22:19
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason answers with a smirk on his face, "Well, the 'captain' there has a good eye for chairs, and he can see that this chair has the best location at the table.  He is naturally envious of it and desires to take it for himself like any captain would from an underling.  Sadly, I am not an underling of his, so I shall keep my seat, thankyouverymuch."

Mason then turns his attention back to Miss LeSchaye, who had a reasonable question, unlike the captain.  Plus, she was considerably easier on the eyes.  "Well, I've learned to handle myself well enough, and you folks look like you can handle yourselves as well.  The question is whether or not our goals lie in the same direction.  I am investigating whether or not the Guild is, as we believe, selling slaves to an anathema warlord in the southeast.  I am unclear, though, as to what goal your little group is driving at."

Mason, since a serving girl had FINALLY brought over a drink for Mason, takes the opportunity to whet his whistle and let someone else do the talking.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:02, Sun 11 Mar 2012.

Captain August Galen
 player, 82 posts
Sun 11 Mar 2012
at 14:04
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Beatrix LeSchaye:
Beatrix looks from Mason to Galen with a look of barely contained amusement on her face. "How, your chair? What has lead you to this conclusion, Captain?"


"Why, the intellectual output of my faculties have been enhanced by the ages old, tried and tested method of imbuing alcohol, my lady."

Alistr Hamrsoung:
"She is the beautiful Silent Thunder Leaves. Her grace is unmatched as is her wisdom. Unfortunately she doesn't need me as much as I need her. I know that I have much to learn yet and she can help me learn what I need to learn."


"Man, you've got it bad for 'er."

Mason Vaugn:
Mason answers with a smirk on his face, "Well, the 'captain' there has a good eye for chairs, and he can see that this chair has the best location at the table.  He is naturally envious of it and desires to take it for himself like any captain would from an underling.  Sadly, I am not an underling of his, so I shall keep my seat, thankyouverymuch."


"Oh my Sun! You are so paranoid."

The Captain busts up into a deep, bellowing laughter, then wipes away a tear.

"Oh boy. You are too precious! Ah. This must be your first bar. Let me explain things to you."

"I am starting shit to get in a fight. Your chair is almost as ugly as you, and just as lame. I do not really want it. I just want to beat you up, but you are boring me to tears! I now just want beer & meed."

Barkeep! first three drinks for these losers..."
Galen points to everyone at the table, ...and five for this git are on me..." Galen points to Vaugn, "...because he needs to loosen up."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:07, Sun 11 Mar 2012.

Captain August Galen
 player, 83 posts
Mon 12 Mar 2012
at 02:04
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason Vaugn:
I am investigating whether or not the Guild is, as we believe, selling slaves to an anathema warlord in the southeast.  I am unclear, though, as to what goal your little group is driving at."


"Oh, Sun. Anathema? Pffftt... What type of devil has the Immaculates labeled this one? Blasphemer? Unclean? Deceiver? Maybe a Frenzied or Moon-Mad, for a change of pace? Feh. 'E's probably just some arse heart of a man. They are horrible enough without a demon in them."
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 325 posts
Mon 12 Mar 2012
at 03:31
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
The tavern wench skillfully slid a tankard in front of each of the seated guests at the table, and offered the selected wine bottle to the table. "Will there be anything else?" she asks, trying to keep a quaver from her voice as she overhears talk of Anathema.
Sevastian
 player, 122 posts
 Dragon-Blooded
 Water
Mon 12 Mar 2012
at 15:50
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Sevastian puts a hand on the girls back, a soft smile on his face.
"That will be all for now my lady."

He keeps one hand on her back and takes one of her hands in his then walks the woman up behind the bar where the barkeep is. Sevastian speaks with both of them.  With a gentle smile and a kind look he says.
"My apologizes for my friends frank talk of dark things.  I hope that it has not upset you too much my lady."

The water dragon turns his friendly gaze to the barkeep and lets the power of Daana'd wash over him lightly. (1m just to glow a little)
"The dragons be with you and you have nothing to fear this night."

He lets his aura fade and continues.  His eyes, as ever, deep pools of dark ocean blue that one could simply fall into.
"Your place is lovely and worry not about haste with the food."

The butler turns to the woman and kisses the back of her hand.
"This young lady is doing a fine job keeping them in drink so I doubt they will take note of a few extra minutes wait."
Mason Vaugn
 player, 21 posts
 Changing Moon Lunar
 Happy to be alive
Tue 13 Mar 2012
at 04:58
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason replied calmly, "If that was your attempt at inciting me to anger, it was sorely lacking.  If you would like, I can give you some lessons in how to properly insult someone and, if you so desire, get away with it."

Mason turns back to the rest of the group.  "As for what they call him, I do not know.  We just call him one of Luna's chosen and quite an grumpy one at that.  One that is buying slaves, as far as I know, from the Guild.  As for any connections that can be drawn between what I know and what you know, I cannot tell without knowing what all of you know."  Mason motions to the group as a whole when he says that.  Mason once again waits for someone else to speak up and will ignore the "Captain" should he speak up.
Captain August Galen
 player, 84 posts
Tue 13 Mar 2012
at 14:47
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason Vaugn:
Mason replied calmly, "If that was your attempt at inciting me to anger, it was sorely lacking.  If you would like, I can give you some lessons in how to properly insult someone and, if you so desire, get away with it."


Galen looks up from a drink, beaming. "Really? You'd do that... for me? After all that mean stuff I said? I'm glad I'm buying you drinks, now. You, my friend, are a real friend. My friend." Galen tries to give Vaugn a bear hug. Booze is wafting off the sad, fake pirate's breath. And some odd sent of oil, if Vaugn's senses are keen.

Mason Vaugn:
Mason turns back to the rest of the group.  "As for what they call him, I do not know.  We just call him one of Luna's chosen and quite an grumpy one at that.  One that is buying slaves, as far as I know, from the Guild.  As for any connections that can be drawn between what I know and what you know, I cannot tell without knowing what all of you know."  Mason motions to the group as a whole when he says that.  Mason once again waits for someone else to speak up and will ignore the "Captain" should he speak up.


Galen just smiles dumbly, downing the drink in front and waiting for another. Given this is Galen's first at this establishment, it is very likely the Captain was drinking quite heavily before arriving. Galen looks to the others to speak before the Captain's eyes scrunch up to make a funny look, and then chirps up.

"Huh. How do you know he's a chosen of Luna? Is this something he's advertising, or something you got from a confidant?"
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 326 posts
Tue 13 Mar 2012
at 18:41
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Sevastian:
Sevastian puts a hand on the girls back, a soft smile on his face.
"That will be all for now my lady."

He keeps one hand on her back and takes one of her hands in his then walks the woman up behind the bar where the barkeep is. Sevastian speaks with both of them.  With a gentle smile and a kind look he says.
"My apologizes for my friends frank talk of dark things.  I hope that it has not upset you too much my lady."

The water dragon turns his friendly gaze to the barkeep and lets the power of Daana'd wash over him lightly. (1m just to glow a little)
"The dragons be with you and you have nothing to fear this night."
The young woman blushes cutely, and curtsies inartfully. "N-no, m'Lord," she says quietly, "It's not my place to worry. I am grateful for your presence."

Sevastian:
He lets his aura fade and continues.  His eyes, as ever, deep pools of dark ocean blue that one could simply fall into.
"Your place is lovely and worry not about haste with the food."

The butler turns to the woman and kisses the back of her hand.
"This young lady is doing a fine job keeping them in drink so I doubt they will take note of a few extra minutes wait."
As the girl daintily accepts the courtesies of the Dynast, the teen who was sweeping the floors watches distrustfully from the corner of his eye as he turns the spit over the fire, ready to...do something - maybe spring to her defense? - if he doesn't like what he sees. But he doesn't seem surprised or unused to it, just...watchful.
Captain August Galen
 player, 89 posts
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 02:17
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Captain August Galen:
Mason Vaugn:
Mason motions to the group as a whole when he says that.  Mason once again waits for someone else to speak up and will ignore the "Captain" should he speak up.
"Huh. How do you know he's a chosen of Luna? Is this something he's advertising, or something you got from a confidant?"


Galen finally sits down in a chair near Merlin, tries pitifully to stare at Mason (though the Pirate's eyes wander from intoxication), until slapping Merlin on the shoulder, and blurts out "Hey. Hey, hey. Mer-merlen. Merlon. I think this guy's... not me."

"Can you tell him, I think he's a swell guy, and he sh-should answer my question? Cause I'm smart, and he's a swell guy, and we should all work together, right?"
Galen stats to lean on the table heavily to keep from falling out of the chair onto the floor. It is a sad sight.

Galen turns again to Merlin. "Man, you fffflew today. That was really cool. I can't fly that well. I fall really well, though. Ha, ha! Now, this..."

Galen reaches into the pocket of the red cloak, and rummages for a while, until pulling out a tied up strange small animal. The creature is Carabas, and it cues pitifully at anyone who looks at it with big, dark eyes.

"...this guy can fly! But e's been baaaad today." Galen looks at the creature with an amused face.
Mason Vaugn
 player, 24 posts
 Changing Moon Lunar
 Happy to be alive
Tue 20 Mar 2012
at 02:19
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason took another swig from his mug.  "Well, it's a little from column A and a little from column B.  I've never met the guy, but I know him by reputation.  And his reputation is something he proudly flaunts as well as his status as a chosen of Luna."

Mason puts his mug down and digs into his food some more.  "Of course, it's not hard to develop a reputation among them.  You just have to generally be awesome like I am."